Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: May/Hakura Fan Club

Default May/Hakura Fan Club

Welcome to the May/Hakura Fan Club!
    As you may know, May was the female lead of the Advance Generation saga, airing back in 2002-2006.
    Starting off as a 10 year old girl who disliked Pokemon and loved traveling, being with Ash and Brock at the time being sparked her dream of being a great Pokemon coordinator! May's our favorite energetic, ditzy, and shop loving female.

Credit

Rules
    -All SPPf rules must apply
    -No one liners especially the infamous "Hi, can I join." please add more details and possibly why
    -No flaming or bashing on May. (Actually, let's not bash on anyone)
    -Shipping posts are allowed but absolutely NO wars.
    -Do not be disrespectful towards other
    -No double posts
    -Please credit any fanart/videos you post

Awh yeah! Let it begin!
    Topic?
    Do you think May will make another appearance in Pokemon anytime soon? If so, what will be her role?
    Last edited by OfCorsola; 19th April 2014 at 3:47 PM.
    Crazy Shipper|Misty, May, and Drew|Anime Fangirl

Come join if you want to discuss one of Hoenn's main characters!

In other words, I hope it's fine if I join. May has been one of my favorite characters of the anime, especially when she was traveling in Hoenn. She was pretty ditzy but funny and awesome! Seeing her slowly open up to Pokemon and her travels was great to watch too. I miss her loads but hopefully we can see another moment of her. ^^

Do you think May will make another appearance in Pokemon anytime soon? If so, what will be her role?
    As I said, I definitely hope she can appear again. Possibly at Lumiose City and I can imagine her taking a shot at the Trainer PR studio, either by herself or with Ash/Serena. Perhaps visiting all the restaurants in the city too. There's also shopping. (bonus if she needs to maximize her "style" to get into the boutique and rages)

ONOMNOMNOM

Gif Credit | Amourshipping Contestshipping | Uta☆Pri fan

Play Shippers' Truth or Dare game with us!

Hey can I join this club? May is oe of my favorite companions and I always thought it was amazing how much she grew from timid confused girl at the start of AG to a powerful trainer who gives Ash a run for his money by DP.

As for the topic question. Sadly I don't see her appearing anytime soon.

^Hoenn remakes are right around the corner...

Count me in inb4 judging by the ppl i know

Like Ive said in the Advanceshipping thread, she'll probably make an appearance with the Hoenn remakes, and meet up with Ash.

I'd like to join! May is probably my 2nd favorite main female lead right after Dawn. I like her design and her character development was decent.
    Maybe, maybe not. She might get a cameo, but will probably never appear in person again. One reason could be if we get rse remakes, she may promote them in some way.
    Owner of the Dawn/Hikari Fanclub v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet May View Post
    Come join if you want to discuss one of Hoenn's main characters!

In other words, I hope it's fine if I join. May has been one of my favorite characters of the anime, especially when she was traveling in Hoenn. She was pretty ditzy but funny and awesome! Seeing her slowly open up to Pokemon and her travels was great to watch too. I miss her loads but hopefully we can see another moment of her. ^^

As I said, I definitely hope she can appear again. Possibly at Lumiose City and I can imagine her taking a shot at the Trainer PR studio, either by herself or with Ash/Serena. Perhaps visiting all the restaurants in the city too. There's also shopping. (bonus if she needs to maximize her "style" to get into the boutique and rages)
    Yay! Thanks for joining! I could totally see May gushing over at Lumiose City and it's wonders. She could get along with Serena and even Bonnie. In terms of Bonnie, I could see May coming to Kalos along and talking about Max to Bonnie. "You know, I have a brother your age..and I miss him so!" I could totally see this happening. I miss May, she needs to return!

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    Hey can I join this club? May is oe of my favorite companions and I always thought it was amazing how much she grew from timid confused girl at the start of AG to a powerful trainer who gives Ash a run for his money by DP.

As for the topic question. Sadly I don't see her appearing anytime soon.
    You're welcomed to join! Same here! And, she had amazing character development indeed! Her spontaneous energy, happiness, enthusiasm, and being ditzy made her into a unique trainer. Aw, why don't you see her coming back? I don't want to disagree with you, I'm just curious. Explanations are welcomed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cloneblazer12 View Post
    ^Hoenn remakes are right around the corner...

Count me in inb4 judging by the ppl i know

Like Ive said in the Advanceshipping thread, she'll probably make an appearance with the Hoenn remakes, and meet up with Ash.
    I've read your post on the remakes. I hope she does come back, but she'll probably make an appearance and go unfortunatly I would love to have her stick around. A character like her doesn't need only one or two episodes to cameo in. Her and Ash could catch up, and she could bond with the XY team!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn+Serena Fan View Post
    I'd like to join! May is probably my 2nd favorite main female lead right after Dawn. I like her design and her character development was decent.
    Maybe, maybe not. She might get a cameo, but will probably never appear in person again. One reason could be if we get rse remakes, she may promote them in some way.
    May tied along with Misty in my terms..I just can't decide! So yeah she's my favorite lead. Her design was so cute, she rocked a tomboy outfit, despite being so girly. Her eyes were really pretty and she has non-anime crazy colored hair xD. Her character development was great.
    She should come back, but I don't want her to come back only as a promotion. I want her to come back for her, because they know there are a lot of Hakura fans out there and there should be some way of praise for her. I thought it was odd that her or Max didn't get a hoso episode while every pokegirl did.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokeshipper9000 View Post
    You're welcomed to join! Same here! And, she had amazing character development indeed! Her spontaneous energy, happiness, enthusiasm, and being ditzy made her into a unique trainer. Aw, why don't you see her coming back? I don't want to disagree with you, I'm just curious. Explanations are welcomed!
    I'm mostly just cynical towards the writers willingness to make old characters return I mean there was a Johto remake and Misty had a role in Johto yet made no cameo and then there was the World Tournament in BW2 where none of Brock or Misty came back even though they were featured in the games. So if they didn't get to appear I'm scared that May most likely won't appear either when the eventual Hoenn Remakes come out.

I'm mostly just cynical towards the writers willingness to make old characters return I mean there was a Johto remake and Misty had a role in Johto yet made no cameo and then there was the World Tournament in BW2 where none of Brock or Misty came back even though they were featured in the games. So if they didn't get to appear I'm scared that May most likely won't appear either when the eventual Hoenn Remakes come out.
    I was also about to mention that she might not return even if there was a Hoenn remake, but when there was a Kanto remake, Misty reappeared in gen 3. I don't know though, May could return it's not impossible. Yeah, she's been at least mentioned in every arc at least once, (except for XY) but it's not impossible for May to come back. Or at least have one chronicle episode focused on her.

I was also about to mention that she might not return even if there was a Hoenn remake, but when there was a Kanto remake, Misty reappeared in gen 3. I don't know though, May could return it's not impossible. Yeah, she's been at least mentioned in every arc at least once, (except for XY) but it's not impossible for May to come back. Or at least have one chronicle episode focused on her.
    Remember that AG was the first series after Misty's departure which is why she returned. May already got a cameo in DP so in the writer's mind that might be enough to guarantee that she doesn't come back outside of flashbacks and fantasies. The chronicles thing is her best bet to reappear,

Remember that AG was the first series after Misty's departure which is why she returned. May already got a cameo in DP so in the writer's mind that might be enough to guarantee that she doesn't come back outside of flashbacks and fantasies. The chronicles thing is her best bet to reappear,
    Yeah, most of the characters get flashbacks/fantasies. That's getting old and I hate this female chain they have. However, I rather have a Hoso episode then have Ash mention May, or him having a flashback. That has no value, I feel like May had less appretiation (not when she was in AG but in terms of now) I've seen many polls on favorite Pokegirls and it upsets me how May is the lowest rating. Tbh, her character has charisma, spunk, charm, and I loved her energetic personality.

Yeah, most of the characters get flashbacks/fantasies. That's getting old and I hate this female chain they have. However, I rather have a Hoso episode then have Ash mention May, or him having a flashback. That has no value, I feel like May had less appretiation (not when she was in AG but in terms of now) I've seen many polls on favorite Pokegirls and it upsets me how May is the lowest rating. Tbh, her character has charisma, spunk, charm, and I loved her energetic personality.
    I think she's the most underrated because of the fact she ain't the original girl (Misty), or the most marketed girl (Dawn) and I'm not sure if they view May below Iris or Serena but it is definitely a shame how underrated she is. She was the funnest girl for me cause she gave me hope that the cast could still be good even without the original trio together and overall she mostly succeeded in making me interested in AG.

In this one poll for Pokemon based off of younger fans the results were like this

I think this was a Japanese source (poll taken before Serena's debut) although I'm not sure, I just remembered seeing May and Misty at the bottom, and they were rated beneath Iris. Sad though, I mean they're all great characters but I can't see why people didn't favor May with her spontaneous personality.

However, I felt like people in that poll liked the most recent Pokegirl, and that may be the reason. I remember when AG first came out and people envied May (Including me) but it only took me 6 episodes to actually have her one of my favorite character on the show. That's how much affect she has. Anyways, yeah, she was totally favored when it was her season, but it kinda washed away once another season came.

It really is a shame. Tbh I think that the anime should at least make it more obvious that there were characters before the characters of whatever the newest series is just so they are more aware of the large variety of characters there have been in the series. Imo the handling of May in AG was a step in the right direction for female leads in the anime. She had an interesting fresh goal and had lively, fun rivals to make her goal and development even better.

May was the coolest character in the show. I think she was on the more underrated characters in the show like Iris and Serena. I want her to get some love to because she done in things that other main characters haven't dream of. Like having only fully evolved starter Pokémon in the show. Even tell point where she has Pokémon that are mega evolution as well by like mega blastoise or megablaziken

Quote Originally Posted by p96822 View Post
    May was the coolest character in the show. I think she was on the more underrated characters in the show like Iris and Serena. I want her to get some love to because she done in things that other main characters haven't dream of. Like having only fully evolved starter Pokémon in the show. Even tell point where she has Pokémon that are mega evolution as well by like mega blastoise or megablaziken
    That's a true point. Although we may never know if her Wartortile fully evolved yet, there's always her Blaizeken. Opportunities like this is a great reason why May should return to the show, even if she doesn't return it could be at least a cameo or a small arc with her Blaziken mega evolving. Instead of that masked man in Kalos, it should've been a chance for May. I can imagine her being happy about evolving her pokemon to mega. Unlikely to happen, but it's not impossible!

That's a true point. Although we may never know if her Wartortile fully evolved yet, there's always her Blaizeken. Opportunities like this is a great reason why May should return to the show, even if she doesn't return it could be at least a cameo or a small arc with her Blaziken mega evolving. Instead of that masked man in Kalos, it should've been a chance for May. I can imagine her being happy about evolving her pokemon to mega. Unlikely to happen, but it's not impossible!
    Theres actually a fic on Serebii about May being the Masked "Man." Midnightmoon wrote it too. Pretty good so far.

I will check it out soon. That's pretty interesting, and I think she should be the masked man, if there was a way. It give May a good reason to be in the anime for a cameo. We could see her blaziken mega evolve instead of some random character of the day. Just like how people want to see Misty's mega gyradose, I also want to see May's mega blaziken.

I would like May to appear if there are rse remakes. I'd like to see her meet Serena, Clemont, and Bonnie if she ever appears in XY. I doubt she'll appear in person though, I think a reference or cameo will be the most that we get of her.
    Owner of the Dawn/Hikari Fanclub v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

That's true. In BW we only got a reference. I'm hoping if Ash returns to Kanto, everyone would be there as a small party, with May. It would be interesting for her to come back. We could here more about her travels, contests, and achievements. It would be great if so.

I've got a new topic question

How do you think May ranked in the Johto Grand Festival?

I think she be the big winner in Johto

Nice topic!
    Could we try to avoid one liners, and go more into how and why?
    I think May would have faced struggles through out johto, she might have lost like two contests, but I think she successfully earned all ribbons, and possibly won the Grand Festival. Also, she probably faced a major showdown with Drew, a tough battle but she won. I think her victory in the grand festival slayed that shows how much of a queen she is

Nice topic!
    Could we try to avoid one liners, and go more into how and why?
    I think May would have faced struggles through out johto, she might have lost like two contests, but I think she successfully earned all ribbons, and possibly won the Grand Festival. Also, she probably faced a major showdown with Drew, a tough battle but she won. I think her victory in the grand festival slayed that shows how much of a queen she is
    I agree and let's be honest her team is so beast at that point and she's definitely learned how to battle against Drew, Harley and maybe even Solidad. Her winning seems pretty likely. xD Maybe she hasn't shown up in person cause she's the only protagonist to win a major competition and her showing up would just make the others look bad.

LOL. I agree with you though. May did have a kick butt team. We had Blaziken, beautifly, munchlax, skitty, wartortile, venasaur, and more other pokemon that can definitely make her way up to the Grand Festival. In fact, I would say she would even be hard to defeat while battling. And it's pretty impressive from a starter rookie, with no skills and even a hate for Pokemon I feel like in the end she even could turn out a better trainer than Ash in a way. But I don't want to start saying who's better :P May is still pretty good and I guess that's the basic generalization I'm going to make.

Yeah you do have a good point. lol I'm not sure how a battle would go with the two nowadays considering how bipolar Ash's skill level is. Imo I'd say that she can at least give Ash's AG and DP teams a good run for their money and would most likely beat his BW team and maybe his Johto team as well, I'm not sure on his Kanto team since at this point it's pretty nonexistent. But overall I'd think it isn't crazy to say that the student has surpassed the master.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast