Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 73 of 73

Thread: Club FAQ - (Updated July 31, 2014)

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lumiose Gym
    Posts
    305

    Default

    Are the Pokémon menu icons allowed for claims? Because on my club I have a claim section and I was thinking of having the Pokémon's smilie as the icon for someone's claim.

    Saaatoshi!

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by supersmew View Post
    Are the Pokémon menu icons allowed for claims? Because on my club I have a claim section and I was thinking of having the Pokémon's smilie as the icon for someone's claim.
    As in, are you allowed to have a claims section like the one below?

    - Claimed by Red
    - Claimed by Green Lanturn
    - Claimed by User3
    - Claimed by Random_User

    Then I don't see why not. Just keep in mind that claims made in a club aren't 'official' claims like the ones made in the Official Claim a Pokemon thread.

    If I've misunderstood your question, just post again (:

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lumiose Gym
    Posts
    305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zhanton View Post
    As in, are you allowed to have a claims section like the one below?

    - Claimed by Red
    - Claimed by Green Lanturn
    - Claimed by User3
    - Claimed by Random_User

    Then I don't see why not. Just keep in mind that claims made in a club aren't 'official' claims like the ones made in the Official Claim a Pokemon thread.

    If I've misunderstood your question, just post again (:
    Well. I meant are we allowed to use the smilies. Because I know in some sections of Serebii smilies are banned, and I don't wanna risk it.

    Saaatoshi!

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    LaRousse City
    Posts
    3,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by supersmew View Post
    Well. I meant are we allowed to use the smilies. Because I know in some sections of Serebii smilies are banned, and I don't wanna risk it.
    You're allowed to use smilies in your post but don't abuse them. Smilies on posts tend to be banned from being posted because we have those type of posters to decide to share all the animated sprites they think is cool.

    My recommendation is that you DON'T use them. They may be small in size but if you have a thousand club members and you post has a thousand smilies, it might hurt somebody's bandwidth PLUS limit the character amount you can use in a post.
    Last edited by Sweet May; 11th February 2013 at 3:28 AM.

    ONOMNOMNOM

    Gif Credit | Amourshipping Contestshipping | Uta☆Pri fan

    Play Shippers' Truth or Dare game with us!

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    247

    Default

    I was told that I'm allowed to bump my club once. How do I bump my club?
    I have claimed Scizor, the king of Bug-Types.
    Planned ORAS Teams:



    Trinity League Badges:


    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge)

    Credit for this epic banner goes to Sworn Metalhead of Daedric Design.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    That way
    Posts
    6,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BugPokemonMaster316 View Post
    I was told that I'm allowed to bump my club once. How do I bump my club?
    Post on your club with a description saying "Alright approved" or something similar in that nature.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,238

    Default

    I am planning a new club, and I was wondering if pokemon type clubs are still allowed. I read all the rules, and it might of said it there, but I just want to be sure. Thank you.
    Sig Under Construction
    I have claimed Malamar and Mario Kart 8

    Friend Code: 2680-9330-2666
    National Pokedex complete-Gen V / National Pokedex Complete-XY / National Pokedex Complete-ORAS
    Ground Type Pokémon Club Co-Leader
    Shiny Count: 160+
    Shiny Clauncher Magnet

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oarfish View Post
    I am planning a new club, and I was wondering if pokemon type clubs are still allowed. I read all the rules, and it might of said it there, but I just want to be sure. Thank you.
    Yeah they are allowed, as long as one for your type doesn't exist already. You can refer to the 'General Pokémon Clubs' section of the Club Index to check whether or not a Pokemon type club exists.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    STOP STALKING ME!
    Posts
    184

    Default

    I've seen some clubs where on the disapproved/approved list, it says the creator has permission to bump the club? Mine's on the second page, (very recently approved), but I haven't gotten any form of permission to bump it. Can I go ahead and bump it, or do I need permission?


    ~Back from hiatus (let's see how long this will last)~

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    LaRousse City
    Posts
    3,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keldminrachi91 View Post
    I've seen some clubs where on the disapproved/approved list, it says the creator has permission to bump the club? Mine's on the second page, (very recently approved), but I haven't gotten any form of permission to bump it. Can I go ahead and bump it, or do I need permission?
    If you get no permission then you cannot bump it. Anybody but the club owner can post afterwards if they wish to join.

    ONOMNOMNOM

    Gif Credit | Amourshipping Contestshipping | Uta☆Pri fan

    Play Shippers' Truth or Dare game with us!

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    STOP STALKING ME!
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet May View Post
    If you get no permission then you cannot bump it. Anybody but the club owner can post afterwards if they wish to join.
    Okay, thank you very much, Sweet May!


    ~Back from hiatus (let's see how long this will last)~

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I could tell you...
    Posts
    4,278

    Default

    Every time I try to edit my (Grass type) club OP recently, it comes up blank when I press the edit button. Why is that?

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    LaRousse City
    Posts
    3,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    Every time I try to edit my (Grass type) club OP recently, it comes up blank when I press the edit button. Why is that?
    Could be a bug since I can't get the content to show up either. (even on two different browsers) I'll get more information about this problem and hopefully a solution. Try to save all the information on the post for the meantime. =]

    ONOMNOMNOM

    Gif Credit | Amourshipping Contestshipping | Uta☆Pri fan

    Play Shippers' Truth or Dare game with us!

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I could tell you...
    Posts
    4,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet May View Post
    Could be a bug since I can't get the content to show up either. (even on two different browsers) I'll get more information about this problem and hopefully a solution. Try to save all the information on the post for the meantime. =]
    alright thank you! I already have the file backed up on my computer in case something like that did happen.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    From the land down under...
    Posts
    7,119

    Default

    Late answer to the above - it was indeed a bug. Serebii posted a thread in announcements about it and it's now resolved - basically trying to edit posts with special characters in it (e.g. é in Pokémon) resulted in the box going blank.

    A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

    The BBS Forums! Join in!

    Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current Article: From RSE to ORAS - what has improved? We look at aspects that changed for better or worse.
    Previous Article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.


  16. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I could tell you...
    Posts
    4,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
    Late answer to the above - it was indeed a bug. Serebii posted a thread in announcements about it and it's now resolved - basically trying to edit posts with special characters in it (e.g. é in Pokémon) resulted in the box going blank.
    ok thanks. So can we use those special characters or will that make it go blank again?

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    ok thanks. So can we use those special characters or will that make it go blank again?
    I believe you can use special characters again. (The Club Index uses é in Pokémon but when I edit the thread it doesn't turn blank.)

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Reality
    Posts
    208

    Default

    i was reading through the rules earlier. since legendary pokemon clubs (for the group, not a specific legendary) are allowed, would a mega evolution club be allowed?
    https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...rches/0Kw8LKfX

    Everybody, sign this. Churches need to be taxed.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mt. Silver
    Posts
    116

    Default

    So sorry for bothering, but I haven't been on the forums much past year. Before that, I remembered I was in a Clan. Now I see all kinds of posts about Clubs. Is "Club" the new "Clan"? Or should I wash my eyes out a little more and check the forum topics more thoroughly?
    ...Bore me with you're legendary team; compliment me with your disconnect...

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Grey View Post
    So sorry for bothering, but I haven't been on the forums much past year. Before that, I remembered I was in a Clan. Now I see all kinds of posts about Clubs. Is "Club" the new "Clan"? Or should I wash my eyes out a little more and check the forum topics more thoroughly?
    Um, no.

    A Club is an area where, well, Cubs can be made regarding any topic and discuss them.

    Clans are now called Guilds, and are still under the Comptetive Forum.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mt. Silver
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Um, no.

    A Club is an area where, well, Cubs can be made regarding any topic and discuss them.

    Clans are now called Guilds, and are still under the Comptetive Forum.
    Aha, I see. Thanks. I've found the Guild section, I probably overlooked it since I thought I was looking for a "Clan" section. Well thanks for pointing me in the right direction
    ...Bore me with you're legendary team; compliment me with your disconnect...

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    421

    Default

    I have a question regarding re-creating a club I created in the past the "Music and Musicians Alliance" and was wondering if I could re make the club? After about a month into the club I was unable to manage the club due to being overwhelmed by work and other priorities so I had no time for anything. The club was active and had a good amount of members for the time it was open (was never "closed" but unactive due to me not keeping it up to date). Now that I have more free time (working 3 12 hour shifts) I have the 4 days I'm off and the hour in between work to manage the club. I thought I'd just ask before creating it.

    EDIT: Never mind. I saw a few clubs that existed in the future that members remade.
    Last edited by ShinyUmbreon189; 13th August 2014 at 10:39 AM.

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    ...Above Heaven, Beyond Hell.
    Posts
    421

    Default

    Submitted a club, this is day 3, club hasn't shown up and accept/decline thread hasn't been updated, and I haven't received any information on what is going on with my club...

    What can I do now without getting an infraction?

    Credit: Skarm (Resurgence Userbar) & Astral Shadow (TL Userbar and these)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •