Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Leading a Stray (577)

I was more than content with this awesome episode!

My only point of criticism (only one, hear hear!) is that there were maybe too many "cutie-Pokemon" in some scenes like Rattata, Nidoran and Venomoth which made them look a teensy bit childish, but well, it's acceptable and all right.

Other than that, I really liked this episode as it was amusing and great entertainment!
    The undoubtedly best thing about it was the fact that Ash was the sole and outstanding hero which, I guess, makes every Ash-Fan jump with joy. I was also overjoyed to see our hero mastering an adventure and coming up with smart plans on his own. If you ask me, Ash somewhat lacked of heroisms lately which is his characteristic feature normally. But today's episode fortunately made up for that. Great! I dare say: A feast for Ash fanboys and fangirls! Right, PokemonTrainerLisa?

But the ice ramp thing was pretty fun. It's as if Ash was applying his talent for coming up with bizzare battle strategies to situations outside of battle. Loved seeing him able to do things and come up with solutions on his own
    Yeah, I coudn't have said it better myself.
    That plan with the slide and the sledge sure was unique and clever. I love seeing how Ash advances more and more. He's definitely on his way to become a Cynthia-like champion and hero!

Usually, I don't busy myself with the BGM, but one piece of music sure aroused my interest:
    How is that awesome and almost epic BGM called when the Pokemon as well as Brock and Dawn tried to get the bridge moving with a vengeance?
    It's gotta have been replaced by PUSA . You see, to my ears it sounded so typically American because it created a dramatic and exciting atmosphere and easily reminded you of an action movie. If it's true that this amazing piece of music didn't belong to the Japanese version, I'll start to wonder why so many people complain about the allegedly "horrible" dub music. Said scene proved that PUSA is capable of composing even better and more fitting music than the Japanese version every once in a while. So, if someone happpens to know the title, please don't hesitate to tell me! Man, I'm still thrilled by the scene.

I guess, the writers successfully made up for last week's slip-up and presented a solid episode today with several highlights, including Ash being the glorious hero, a dramatic climax, and fantastic BGM.

7 out 0f 10 points.
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

Ash should have caught swampert lol XD
    Quote Originally Posted by aykay View Post
    everyone knows bugsy is the cutest girl in the pokemon universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by HookShot View Post
    Hi, Billy Mayes here with the brand-new Rapid Spin! Do you have Rock problems? Not anymore with Rapid Spin! With just the click of button and the spin of a body, the Rocks are gone! Wow look at them fly! Compare this to the leading brand of hazard removal, the Banhammer! While the Banhammer causes serious problems afterward, Rapid Spin stops the problem right at the root, and gives you the satisfaction of ruining your opponent's day! It's even available in many different fashionable styles! Like the Starmie! The Delibird! And even the Hitmonchan! So don't let those Rocks stop you anymore, its time to upgrade to the Rapid Spin! Call 1-800-RPD-SPIN today!

When I saw that Venonat I was just, 'LOL, WTF?' That was so strange, and I loved how Wailmer tried to fly, that was funny.

Yay Dawn can fly, with the help of Mamoswine. I enjoyed this episode, lots of laughs to be had.

One thing I didn't like was how Wailmer just evolved for the hell of it when it could have gone under the bridge and then evolved, WTF?

I recommend watching this episode if your not busy but don't go out of your way to watch it. LULZ

This episode was all right. I liked how there was an adventure in a sewer (simply because it's not something you see all the time in this show)...

Quote Originally Posted by coolminun View Post
    this episode was a bit of a disapointment. The jazzy music you all heard is just the recycled music from the pichu bros short in the entei movie.
    This isn't the first time they're recycled movie music, or even that music.

as for the wailmer, i found it interesting how they didn't dub wailmers voice. if you listen properly, you can actually hear it saying "hoe" instead of wail. Ho-eh. The same way how buizel's voice actor is the same as the japanese, they didn't need to dub the voice because buizel never says his whole name. he just says bui never his whole name or else he'd say buizeru which is japanese of course. Hoeruko is wailmer's japanese name, and yes I watched the ep in japanese before in english today and noticed it was the same voice actor. Looks like the industry is getting cheap.
    What's wrong with or cheep about keeping the voice? Kids wouldn't notice/care about the "hoe" part. I'd rather hear this than the blatant sound "Wailmer", but if the dub cry was less blatant than that, I would've wondered why they didn't just keep the original voice. Some voices of Pokemon I've thought were better in Japanese (like Grovile and Swellow) were voices I wished the dub could've used even though they didn't say "Grovile" or "Swellow." 'Cause for me, hearing the dub voices (actually, I don't know how PUSA Grovile's voice differs from the 4Kids one, if it does differ) for Grovile and Swellow aren't worth hearing them say their names.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Merry_Snowrunt
    >Jun's theme plays in the background during the strategy phase.
    That's not his theme- it came from the mini-movie Pikachu and Pichu.

Quote Originally Posted by ash_forever
    Usually, I don't busy myself with the BGM, but one piece of music sure aroused my interest:
    How is that awesome and almost epic BGM called when the Pokemon as well as Brock and Dawn tried to get the bridge moving with a vengeance?
    It's gotta have been replaced by PUSA . You see, to my ears it sounded so typically American because it created a dramatic and exciting atmosphere and easily reminded you of an action movie. If it's true that this amazing piece of music didn't belong to the Japanese version, I'll start to wonder why so many people complain about the allegedly "horrible" dub music. Said scene proved that PUSA is capable of composing even better and more fitting music than the Japanese version every once in a while. So, if someone happpens to know the title, please don't hesitate to tell me! Man, I'm still thrilled by the scene.
    I don't know what it's called, but I didn't like the music. It sounds like something PUSA made, but I already thought to myself, Even if it was Japanese, I don't like it. It did sound like action movie music, but it just reminded me of how PUSA was trying to make their music "hipper and more modern." It seemed to corny for me.

Never seeing the original episode, I wonder if there was something in particular about the original music (I know they played some type of music, I mean, come on...) that it had to be replaced? If anyone knows what the original music was, could someone please say where it's played before? Maybe in a movie or something?

Although I'm sure the music used in the dub will be used again sometime...
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca R. View Post
    The poor Venonat never popped out of Wailmer though so that was one of Venonat's rare funy moments.
    Yes it did, but you could've missed it if you blinked.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Aura View Post
    What was Team Rocket doing anyway, trying to earn some money?
    Yes, as they plainly said and as they have done countless times in the past. What kind of question is that?

Quote Originally Posted by yeminied View Post
    One thing I didn't like was how Wailmer just evolved for the hell of it when it could have gone under the bridge and then evolved, WTF?
    Maybe part of the reason Wailmer looked so upset and distressed throughout the episode was that it was also trying not to evolve the whole time, at least until it could be rescued. It was already stuck in a sewer, and things would have been worse if its body suddenly multiplied in size in a confined space.
    Last edited by Geodude; 7th June 2009 at 2:16 AM.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I liked this episode. It was really cool seeing Ash alone working with only Pokemon...
    The most boring part of episode was Piplup(like always). It tried to be funny, it's just annoying...

Not the most interesting episode, liked the Swampert appearence and the Venonat being used like a cricket ball but thats about it.

Funny how all the Pokemon helped out except the Mothim. Even the group of Zubat got something to do, since they put the sled in the water when it was built, but the Mothim didn't do anything the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by spyroflame0487 View Post
    -*ahem*...DID RATTATA AND THE NIDORAN USE THUNDERSHOCK? Seriously...it looked like they did. Oh wait...They actually can. Huh..learn something new every day.
    Thunderbolt, you mean. And Nidoran can also learn Helping Hand, so it could've been that as well.

I like the part when WAILMER is about to go under the bridge but then he evolved.

Too much of this had already been seen. Hotwiring the bridge controls is maybe a novelty, as it's the gang's first felony. And, the TR excavator mecha-simply brilliant. The best part of the episode.
    Il Gran Velenatore del Poke-mondo.
    The Great Poisoner of the Pokeworld.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    Funny how all the Pokemon helped out except the Mothim. Even the group of Zubat got something to do, since they put the sled in the water when it was built, but the Mothim didn't do anything the whole time.

Thunderbolt, you mean. And Nidoran can also learn Helping Hand, so it could've been that as well.
    I noticed that only the Mothim did not do anything. They should have helped the Zubat. I think the Rattata used Thunderbolt and the Nidoran used Helping Hand, like you said.

Anyways, I actually did like this episode. Having Swampert did not seem random to me because it showed Grotle's defense when Swampert used Focus Punch and Grotle has 4X advantage against Swampert.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Quote Originally Posted by Commander L. Halsti View Post
    Hotwiring the bridge controls is maybe a novelty, as it's the gang's first felony.
    Maybe it's just me, but I don't see how raising an empty bridge to let a Wailord out and thereby allow the passenger ships in the area to continue operations could be considered such a crime.
    Last edited by Geodude; 7th June 2009 at 11:35 PM.

I didn't think I was going to like this episode, because I'm not a big fan of Wailmer, but I actually enjoyed it. This episode had two of my favorite Pokemon, Swampert and Luxio.

I'm kind of upset though, because of the treatment they gave that poor, evil-for-no-exact-reason Swampert. First they don't let Brock's Marshstomp evolve, then they give the Swampert to some no-name trainer at the summer academy, and now they basically make it a punching bag for Grotle. The only time I feel as if Swampert got any respect was in the abandoned ship episode.

All-in-all I like the episode. Though things would have been a lot quicker if Ash simply put the Wailmer in a pokeball and releeased it once they escaped the sewers...
    I've officially claimed Swampert!

Swampert was being territorial, as many wild Pokemon are. What's so wrong with that?

I was pretty suprised it came to be a good episode. Didnt expect what goes on with Wailmer around the end.

Plus, it was nice to see a lot of different Pokemon in this episode.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

"The boat trip may have hit a reef?" Whaaa? Shipwrecks just aren't my priority right now.

Piplup's been getting the short end of the PAIN stick for a while now, is he masochist?

And he passes the sack lunch to Cries-herself-to-sleep. They did it! TOUCHDOWN!

Mecha...Mavier? Well that didn't last long.

"Is it time to release all my pent up swine-beast energy already? Just 5 more minutes."

Cocaine in a Poffin. It gives you super-pig strength!

Hey over there! NO FEEDING THE FAT---!

Wailmer on suicide watch.

This is a simple matter of WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!

Not the ride Wailmer bargained for..

I see Grotle expressed insensible desires to be the next Dick Button, then he fired Razor Leaf.

If you're the drawbridge guy who should be operating this right now, your hours must suck!

"Are you the punks writing all the anti-Swampert stuff on the sewer walls?"

IT NEEDS A KEY, NOT A POWER OVERLOAD!!

What are we afraid Swampert will do to Wailord? DEFLATE HIM?

Remember that boat of yours that got decked? Nah, didn't think so.

6/10 Knocking off a point for being total spazzes to Team Rocket.
    Last edited by Genome; 9th June 2009 at 1:27 PM.

I don't know why Ash jumped into the water at the end when the rest were trying to raise the bridge. That's plain stupidy-He didn't even do anything in the water. He merely shouted, which he could have done on land ._.

Quote Originally Posted by cloudk View Post
    I don't know why Ash jumped into the water at the end when the rest were trying to raise the bridge. That's plain stupidy-He didn't even do anything in the water. He merely shouted, which he could have done on land ._.
    Yeah that was stupid.
    Anyway, can someone tell me what happened after Ash dove into the water, I couldn't see the ending and the episode was quite interesting...
    Black FC: 4556 4638 8851
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 0387-9290-9349
    Ground Safari: Sandshrew, Dugtrio, Diggersby

Quote Originally Posted by freakyboy05 View Post
    Yeah that was stupid.
    Anyway, can someone tell me what happened after Ash dove into the water, I couldn't see the ending and the episode was quite interesting...
    He attempted to stop Swampert by shouting at it. Then, the bridge rose and wailord swims through, leaving behind it a wave that crashes into swampert.
    The bunch of Wailords then hang around for awhile and then leaves.

at fist wend I read about this episode about a stray Waimer I thought that it was going to suck, but it was a good episode.

I lioke that they did not forgot about Swamper ground type and I liked that a grass type move 1 hit ko him.

But I dint like that pikachu needed help.

I also notice some coliseum music
    Platinum
    FC: 4082 -5563- 0656

It is indeed a good filler.
    Although i couldnt understand how the Nidoran increased electricity?

I felt sorry for Venonat, poor thing had to be Iron tailed into the back of big 'ol Wailmer.

Quote Originally Posted by coolminun View Post
    this episode was a bit of a disapointment. The jazzy music you all heard is just the recycled music from the pichu bros short in the entei movie. as for the wailmer, i found it interesting how they didn't dub wailmers voice. if you listen properly, you can actually hear it saying "hoe" instead of wail. Ho-eh. The same way how buizel's voice actor is the same as the japanese, they didn't need to dub the voice because buizel never says his whole name. he just says bui never his whole name or else he'd say buizeru which is japanese of course. Hoeruko is wailmer's japanese name, and yes I watched the ep in japanese before in english today and noticed it was the same voice actor. Looks like the industry is getting cheap.
    well pokemon that dont repeat they name or have the same name usually keep the japanese voice.
    Platinum
    FC: 4082 -5563- 0656

I enjoyed this episode. I episodes like this in which everyone works together to solve a certain problem.
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8824-8167
    PM me if you add me so I can add you

My Friend Safari (Water): Bibarel , Gyarados , Azumarill

Safaris I am looking for with these Pokemon:
    1. Drifblim
    2. Poliwhirl
    3. Heracross
    4. Whirlipede
    5. Gothorita
    6. Forretress
    7. Sigilyph

Quote Originally Posted by ash_forever View Post
    But today's episode fortunately made up for that. Great! I dare say: A feast for Ash fanboys and fangirls! Right, PokemonTrainerLisa?
    Well, I wish I could agree with you, ash_forever. But unfortunately, this episode was a huge disappointment for me.

Ugh, I hated this episode! X____X

Although, it wasn't the plot or the fact that it was a filler episode that bothered me. It was mostly, the fact that Ash wasn't himself, and it seems like his soul is gone.... *sigh*

To be honest, I doubt most Ash fans will like the dub version of this episode. I sure didn't, and neither did two of my friends.
    Last edited by PokemonTrainerLisa; 13th June 2009 at 2:56 PM.
    Ash from "The Scuffle of Legends"

"I'm not leavin' Pikachu. There's no way I could run off and leave it here all alone. I don't care what it takes, I'm gonna help. Even if I have to battle Kyogre and Groudon by myself."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast