Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Team Galactic

Default Team Galactic

So where do you think this Galactic arc is heading? It looks like its going in the right direction to me. They are giving the commanders a good share of screen time and even showing their pokemon quite often.

At the end of their last appearance they mentioned wanting to hire a pokemon hunter, probably to help them capture the three pixies. I think its obvious that Hunter J is going to be part of the Galactic storyline.

The remaining Iron Island episode will probably be used to set up for the climax. They will start to explain what Team Galactic is after and they will set up for the final showdown on Mt Coronet.

I think after the Iron Island episodes Galactic may appear at the lake near Snowpoint City. This will probably be the climax. J will help them capture the pixies and stick around after a successful mission to help them capture the dragon trio.

Then finally, what Team Galactic have work for will come true on Coronet. They will use the pixies to summon the dragons and the 3 dragons will wage a war that could destroy the world. There will probably be some all out battles between the Galactic commanders and the heroes. It will all probably lead up to a showdown with Cyrus in the Torn World while Cynthia tries to calm down the dragon trio.

As for their teams; their in game team plus the pokemon they have in the manga:
    Hunter j: Salamence, Ariados, Drapion, Sharpedo, Tyranitar
    Cyrus: Drapion, Crobat, Weavile, Houndoom, Honchkrow, Probopass
    Mars: Bronzor, Golbat, Purugly, Tangrowth
    Jupiter: Bronzor, Golbat, Skuntank, Magnezone
    Saturn: Bronzor, Golbat, Toxicroak, Rhyperior

So what are your opinions?

My idea for the final battles:

Spoiler:

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

Why are we bringing in those three (Dialga, Palkia and Giratina) in this episode? They're going to be in 3 movies... (Well, Dialga)

Quote Originally Posted by thunderblade12 View Post
    So where do you think this Galactic arc is heading? It looks like its going in the right direction to me. They are giving the commanders a good share of screen time and even showing their pokemon quite often.

At the end of their last appearance they mentioned wanting to hire a pokemon hunter, probably to help them capture the three pixies. I think its obvious that Hunter J is going to be part of the Galactic storyline.

The remaining Iron Island episode will probably be used to set up for the climax. They will start to explain what Team Galactic is after and they will set up for the final showdown on Mt Coronet.

I think after the Iron Island episodes Galactic may appear at the lake near Snowpoint City. This will probably be the climax. J will help them capture the pixies and stick around after a successful mission to help them capture the dragon trio.

Im a bit confused after what happened in DP110. What are the giant Dialga and Palkia statues(fossils)?

In my opinion we will not see Giratina and the Torn World as the Torn World was replicated in Giratina and the Sky Warrior.
    We will see the pixies and maybe Dialga/Palkia but I would assume thats all!

Then finally, what Team Galactic have work for will come true on Coronet. They will use the pixies to summon the dragons and the 3 dragons will wage a war that could destroy the world. There will probably be some all out battles between the Galactic commanders and the heroes. It will all probably lead up to a showdown with Cyrus in the Torn World while Cynthia tries to calm down the dragon trio.

As for their teams; their in game team plus the pokemon they have in the manga:
    Hunter j: Salamence, Ariados, Drapion, Sharpedo, Tyranitar
    Cyrus: Drapion, Crobat, Weavile, Houndoom, Honchkrow, Probopass
    Mars: Bronzor, Golbat, Purugly, Tangrowth
    Jupiter: Bronzor, Golbat, Skuntank, Magnezone
    Saturn: Bronzor, Golbat, Toxicroak, Rhyperior

So what are your opinions?

My idea for the final battles:

Spoiler:
    Im a bit confused after what happened in DP110. What are the giant Dialga and Palkia statues(fossils)?

In my opinion we will not see Giratina and the Torn World as the Torn World was replicated in Giratina and the Sky Warrior.

We can assume that one of the characters will be particularly drawn to Uxie, other than Ash and Dawn, so Brock or Paul may have a major role at Lake Acuity (is that the one by Snowpoint?)

I think it will be only two dragons?
    Giratina will only appear in the movie. Well I am not that sure.

Yep you may be right. J may help capture the three pixies, but i think in the end, ash will finially stop her before she can capture any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by koolhk View Post
    I don't think Rayquaza appeared in the anime (apart from the movie), so yeah, I don't think Giratina would appear. Giratina already had much of the Platinum elements in the movie, so it'd be kinda repetitive. Besides, the Platinum story isn't any better than the DP story; there's no reason for them to consider the Platinum story over the DP story. It'd be hard to stuff six Legendary Pokemon in an arc after all... (though one doesn't really make a difference xD)

I don't think we'd have a Dialga VS Palkia thing, unless the Coronet arc is actually a climax to the movie.

Technically, Rayquaza appeared in the Mismagius episode.

Either way, your predictions sound more like Fanfiction idea's than an actual prediction for the Animé. You need to think more sparingly. You have both Jun and Paul there. While Jun has had runnings in with Team Galactic, that doesn't neccisserely mean he'll be there. Also, is there even a reason Paul is there? Or Cynthia?

You could quite easily have had Team Rocket battling the Grunts, while Ash, Brock and Dawn battle Jupiter, Mars, and Saturn, respectively. Then they'd beat Cyrus together afterwards.

Too much together can ruin the show.

ChaosMage, I'd hope that would be Brock. He could do with an episode to himself.

Iota
    "Writing doesn't require drive. It's like saying a chicken has to have drive to lay an egg." ~ John Updike

Quote Originally Posted by Yonowaru in Chaos View Post
    I don't think Rayquaza appeared in the anime (apart from the movie), so yeah, I don't think Giratina would appear. Giratina already had much of the Platinum elements in the movie, so it'd be kinda repetitive. Besides, the Platinum story isn't any better than the DP story; there's no reason for them to consider the Platinum story over the DP story. It'd be hard to stuff six Legendary Pokemon in an arc after all... (though one doesn't really make a difference xD)

I don't think we'd have a Dialga VS Palkia thing, unless the Coronet arc is actually a climax to the movie.
    Plus, if I recall correctly, the wall carving did not show Giratina.
    My Black 2 Team
    3DS Friend Code: 1349-5549-7031

Quote Originally Posted by Iota View Post

Either way, your predictions sound more like Fanfiction idea's than an actual prediction for the Animé. You need to think more sparingly. You have both Jun and Paul there. While Jun has had runnings in with Team Galactic, that doesn't neccisserely mean he'll be there. Also, is there even a reason Paul is there? Or Cynthia?

Unfortunately I don't see how it's fan fiction, when Speculation is based on known facts. If this was written when DP first started it would be more likely to be considered fan fiction. I'm honestly tired of people confusing Speculation with Fan fiction.

To me, not sure if anyone agrees. But to me Fan fiction is taking characters from a certain media, and totally writing new stories (usually ones that are unrealistic), or rewriting stories that already exist with . If one hopes or believes that a certain "fan-fiction" is to be in the anime, I think it's speculation.

Paul is Ash's Rival, and a strong trainer, it might be nice to see him. I'm not sure if being Ash's rival is the only thing Paul is good for. Besides if we're going to get a decent end to the Galactic story, Ash and co are going to have tough time beating Team Galactic on their own (even if Cynthia will be part of it).

And Cynthia? Come on, how is that even difficult to believe, she's the strongest Sinnoh Trainer, and she's had dealings with Team Galactic before. You might as well forget about the Celestic Town Team Galactic story.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I definatly think Cynthia will be involved, and Jun more then likely as he is in the games. I'd hoped that they would go with Platinums storyline, but as its been said, they've already done that in the films. IMO they should've taken a different tack with the films and made these episodes more like the game with a final climax in the Torn world.

As for Paul, it would be cool for him to be involved here, but i'm not overly sure. I dont think he's ever had a run in with TG or Hunter J. So they might want to keep thing apart.

To me, not sure if anyone agrees. But to me Fan fiction is taking characters from a certain media, and totally writing new stories (usually ones that are unrealistic), or rewriting stories that already exist with . If one hopes or believes that a certain "fan-fiction" is to be in the anime, I think it's speculation.
    I agree with you, but the only thing i'd add is that imo speculation needs to have some kind of reason behind it, not just a fantastical storyline, like if someone said Pikachu will evolve in the next episode, that isn't really speculation, its more fantasy.

But the way the anime is going its following the TG storyline closely, so this sounds more like speculation then Fan Fiction to me.

Who knows? All we know is that they've got the goofiest hairstyles since the Jetsons.

I reject your Nyancats and replace it with my own.
    FB

I don't see why all of Ash's rivals are there, yet no Kenny or Zoey for Dawn? Especially since they'll be at Snowpoint soon, Team Galactic may be there, and Zoey may have a score to settle. And Kenny would definitively tag along, since he's overdue for an appearance.

And Cynthia being there...is just overkill. I'd rather have Rowan like in the games or something.

How did it get so late so soon? Its night before its afternoon. December is here before its June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?, -Dr. Seuss

All I can say is don't set your expectations too high just in case the end isn't that good.

I was here back when Hoenn was airing and I made the mistake in assuming the Groudon/Kyorge eps would be epic, and I was massively let down.

Now, Galactic has been handled a lot better than Magma/Aqua, but I still wouldn't put it past the writers if they manage to screw up their final episodes in some way.

After all, this is the same saga that gave us that crap called "Darkrai Vs. Cresselia" which was the biggest piece of crap legendary battle in the entire series. Go figure.
    Last edited by CyberCubed; 16th January 2009 at 6:48 PM.

I think that Giratina will be in time. Maybe also some Mesprit, Azelf and Uxie capturing. Cynthia, if she will battle anyone, it has to be Cyrus with Ash and Paul. And I also want a Pluto apperance. Since we have seen Aaron and Lucian, and Flint in Sunnyshore, why not bring in Bertha?

Cynthia vs Cyrus = Garchomp vs Probopass = Cyrus wins
    Bertha vs Pluto = Hippowdon vs Rotom = Bertha wins
    Brock vs Saturn = Croagunk vs Toxicroak = Brock wins
    Dawn vs Jupiter = Piplup vs Skuntank = Jupiter wins
    Jun vs Mars = Empoleon vs Purugly = Jun wins
    Jessie/James vs Hunter J = Carnevine/Seviper vs Drapion = Team Rocket wins
    Ash/Paul vs Cyrus = Pikachu/Electrivire vs Probpass/Weavile = Ash/Paul wins

Zoey, Kenny and Nando fights in Heartrome, Snowpoint and Veilstone.

Well, I think the anime's going to be building up to the 12th movie's penultimate showdown between the three Dragons. It's been hinted that the 10th movie is canon, as Dawn still had her Lunar Wing from that movie, so I don't see any reason why they couldn't connect the main series to a movie.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3282-3535-2249

Friend Safari: Pansage, Petilil, Gogoat

As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Osiris View Post
    Well, I think the anime's going to be building up to the 12th movie's penultimate showdown between the three Dragons. It's been hinted that the 10th movie is canon, as Dawn still had her Lunar Wing from that movie, so I don't see any reason why they couldn't connect the main series to a movie.
    Only if everyone sees the movie, as opposed to just the anime. Or else it's going to lead to some plot holes. Besides, if the anime is doing what they're doing in the games, the movies are already contradicting that since Palkia, Giratina, and Dialga are fighting regardless of what Team Galactic is doing in the anime.

While it is a nice thought, keep in mind that Team Galactic has to conclude in some form or another in the actual anime. A movie conclusion would be cheap (to the anime) because then all that build up would be for nothing.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMage View Post
    We can assume that one of the characters will be particularly drawn to Uxie, other than Ash and Dawn, so Brock or Paul may have a major role at Lake Acuity (is that the one by Snowpoint?)

its already been seen and mentioned by may in the wallace cup episodes and zoey also mentioned it was a legend of snowpoint city but my guess is if another character sees it it will probally be brock if paul saw it he would try to capture it

Cynthia vs Cyrus = Garchomp vs Probopass = Cyrus wins
    I dunno, Cyrus having a Probopass....yeah...

I'll never figure out thunderblade12's obsession for creating lineups and matches for every character and battle in the series.

Look, at this point, the best is to hope that it's not a case of "too little, too late". We're already in a Galactic arc that's taking place between Canalave and Snowpoint. So far, the writers have not had more than one Galactic episode or arc occur between gym cities. Since the culmination will happen before Sunyshore, this pattern needs to be broken and we're gonna need some big sh*t to start going down. The headquarters may not be necessary at all, but the lakes have only gotten a mere mention and are obviously vital.

Aqua/Magma's problem was not having a proper build-up before the underwhelming climax. Mt. Pyre was skipped, which was obviously the whole turning point of the story (that and Maxie & Archie didn't even appear until the end). The writers can't afford to skip important events at this point. If that means extraordinarily lengthy periods between gym battles, then so be it. It's a reason that the gap between Hearthome and Canalave was such a concern to me; Sinnoh had some really solid pacing up to that point, and the last thing we need to happen is for it to be screwed over last-minute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    I dunno, Cyrus having a Probopass....yeah...
    I agree; Cyrus is awesome but not that awesome.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

That Hunter J theory seems liable. I really wold like to see it happen. It'll be epic having the Gang split up to the three lakes, splitting up for once. I hope it happens.
    ~ 4510 8693 1227 ~
    Learn It.

I WILL Import Pokemon Heart Gold.
    Believe It.

dman_dustin, who says Team Galactic isn't the reason Dialga and Palkia are fighting in the first place? Giratina didn't get involved until the fight started affecting the Distortion World. And another thing, who says Team Galactic has to end in the 12th movie? I mean we still have whatever Pluto was planning with Heatran to look forward to either after Snowpoint or during the new Battle Frontier. And anyway, it can all be explained away by a filler episode aimed at people who didn't see the movie.

EDIT: Rank up! Woot to the people!
    Last edited by Nightlingbolt; 17th January 2009 at 2:38 AM.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3282-3535-2249

Friend Safari: Pansage, Petilil, Gogoat

As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

Default A long Post...

Okay here is what I am thinking.

There will be a flashback next week with Cyrus calling Hunter J to capture the pixies. She catches the 2 that have alredy been "Seen". Then as the good ole gang is walking in the snowy ruotes of hell snow and they see Hunter J's ship flying overhead. Then they will have a episode with J trying to catch a random pokemon. At the end Cynthia comes and J tells about what she is doing, becouse she dosn't care if they know or not. Then they will go to Snowpoint, passing the lake becouse it was blocked. Ash beats the Gym, Cynthia watchs. Then they hear a explosion. They run over to the lake and they see Jun or Paul dead vary hurt. He gets healed and they rush to Cornet. Get through and let hell break loose. First there will be a Battle between Paul and Ash Vs. Grunts. (Guess who wins) I would go on and on but I support Thunderblade12's theory. I also think that if it is Paul in the lake he will get some sence nocked in him!

---------- join ever grande city, a fun and new pokemon forum!! // tumblr

~_~

You squids obviously know nothing if you think Cynthick and Ash are going to win.

The TG storyline will not be concluded until after the Sinnoh League Competition, so Ash has nothing better to do that what will follow...

Cyrus is going to succeed at recre8ing the world and make a whole new region with various grunts as gym leaders, and the commanders as the E4 and himself as the champion. There will be a whole new line of new Pokemon too, and they will call this Cyrus Gen.

Ash will get a call from Professor Oak saying he can now go fail in yet another region and thus go there and meet up with new-10yo-vagina and try to be a Pokemon Master.

Brock will come along in anticipation of attractive females.

Nobody will know whatever happened to Dawn and soon enough Ash will forget she even existed. Only one person, that crusty old creeper Pluto, will know where she is.
    Chained up in his basement 8)

This is what should happen for maximum amounts of quality but will inevitably not happen and, in it's place, some poorly-thought-out, rushed conclusion which may or may not ever feature our pedo Pluto will happen.

Thank you for your time o)

I love how Galactic is being handled..
    - A few major members are showcased. They are given personalities, and individual pokemon (not 99999999 golbat omg).
    - They have a handful of episodes, not too many (we cant take Jessie, James or Meowth serious), or too little (Cassity and Butch, Magma and Aqua....did they get like 5 over all??)
    - the episodes are interesting. Omg lord knows i almost died when watching Magma/Aqua eps.

Its great!

I'm assuming they will show up somewhere in Snowpoint temple, but I think that was already released?? And the lake by there.

Obvs. Victory road, and if Stark Mountain is showcased, Galactic will show up then aswell. I can only assume that they will find a way in between snowpoint and the league...Sunnyshore for some reason?

For the Mt. Cronent arc, I think that they're gonna go there after Ash wins his 7th badge. And since this could be speculated, all the trio pixies to appear. Brock could be seeing Uxie, and maybe not remember what happened. Then, the gang re encounters them at the peak.
    Last edited by the1stpkmnfan; 17th January 2009 at 4:55 AM.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast