Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The World Begins With You: The Reaper's Game

Default The World Begins With You: The Reaper's Game

The World Begins With You: The Reaper's Game

You have finally woken up from your slumber and you didn't know where you were. All you can tell is that you are in a dark place with grey clouds, surrounded by a mysterious omen. After a while, you notice that you are floating in midair, and that cool winds came after a period of time. You are in this place for what seems to be at least fifty years, the day you were released you found yourself to be in a public area with many other people, all of them seem to be as confused as you are. That's when about seven people each dressed in black attire walk into the area. Each one of them have black wings that spike out of their backs. One of them decids to step out from the group. He is a very tall man that looms over all of you.

“Hello, you people have been chosen to participate in this week's Reaper Games. Basically you guys are going to have a little competition, to find out which one of you are worthy enough to go back to the world of the living.” The cloaked man said in a very impatient tone.

Everybody looks around, you all haven't the slightest clue of who this person is or why he knows all of this. You are all going to participate in the Reaper Games and can have another shot at life, it must be a saint's blessing. The man doesn't look like he is done however.

“Of course there are a few terms that you guys must oblige by and believe it or not it's not going to be easy to win back your lives. There are going to be many challenges that await you but if you guys do happen to win your lives back you'll get a nifty choice. You can return to your boring old lives or you can become a higher life form namely to say us Reapers.”

At this time one of the other “Reapers” step up she is much shorter than the man that was just up. Her robes look the same as those of the previous man's. It is her turn to address the group of dead people.

“Basically this competition will go on for a week, each of you will go through are various challenges we have set up. You will also encounter some creatures called 'Noise'. 'Noise' are evil creatures that prey on the looming sad and angry thoughts of humans. Sometimes your objective will be to destroy them, or find out where they are hiding. Every day you will receive one mission and a time limit that goes with it. If one person is able to complete the mission during the time limit everyone wins and goes onto the next day, but if nobody is able to complete the mission during the limit you are all going to be 'erased'. Oh and you guys have all payed a very special price to be able to participate. But I'm not going to tell you until the end, if you guys are even able to make it that far.” The girl giggled at the last part in a very sadistic way.

“I will leave you all to collect your thoughts. The Games start tommorow! Make sure you guys stay here because this is where we are meeting.” The Girl says while giggling. With that all seven reapers leave the group of dead people.

A few thoughts enter your minds: One, you have to win these games no matter what would happen, and the second, what in the world is the price that you have to pay?

Making a Sign- Up
    Here's the form to sign- up for the RPG.

Name: Obvious. Only the first name is necessary. Last name is optional.

Gender: Again, obvious. Male/Female. No she-males in this game. Sorry.

Age: Anybody can participate in the Reaper Games. Use at your own discretion a young or old age.

Entry Fee: Whatever the Reapers took away from you. It must be something that is near and dear to your heart. Your character isn't aware of what this is until they figure it out.

Personality: Same as every other RPG. But, it must be at least 4 lines. Longer if necessary.

Appearance:
    What do you look like? Facial Features? Clothes?

How You Died: A description of your History and How you died. Will be counted as an RPG sample.

Method of Fighting: I know that all of you are probably going to fight with Pins but, please, be creative.

Partner:
    This is who your partner will be. This will be determined right before the RPG Thread come up so, leave this space blank.

Sync Attack: What is your attack that you and your partner use when in full sync. Leave this blank until you and your partner both agree on a move.

Fighting

There are different methods of fighting in the Reaper Game. In all fights, Noise exist in two dimensions. This is why you must need a partner. When you form a pact, you and your partner fight the Noise in your respective dimensions. You and your partner share health and Noise from both dimensions share health. If you are fighting one Noise, you are fighing one in one dimension and one in your partner's.

Pins

There are a number of ways to obtain pins in the Game.

1. Defeat a Noise Symbol who will drop pins.
    2. Obtain after completing a mission
    3. Defeat a Boss Noise/Reaper

Pins include:
    1. Pins for attacking
    2. Pins used to effect stats
    3. Pins to be exchanged for Yen

Other Methods
    Not everybody attacks using Pins, since not everybody can use them. Some people attack through another object. For example, you may attack through a Skateboard, Stuffed Animal, Cell Phone. It all depends on your character's personality.

Partner Sync
    When you and your partner defeat enough enemies, you may both perform a sync move. This effects all enemies in the area. You and your partner must both agree on a move together that suits you.

A simple example is raining meteors from the sky.

Keep in mind that Sync moves can only be used on occasions.

Credit to pokemonmaster21

My Sppf Family

Missions

Considering that in the Reaper's Game you have to do a bunch of missions, this is how they are going to work. Because of Timezones/How fast some people are able to type and post, the following would happen: “Blatant Gary-Stu walks to the destination, he wins mission way to easily 8D”. No we are not allowing that. There are going to be many little “sub-missions” within a mission take for example:

Free the Cursed Statue. You have 150 minutes. Fail and face erasure.

- Talk to the Supporter Reaper blocking the entrance to The Statue of Hachiko.
    - Defeat a set of Noise at Scramble Crossing
    - Enter the area and defeat the Noise
    - Proceed to The Statue of Hachiko
    - Battle the Boss noise possessing the Statue
    - Just when you think that it's over, talk to the Supporter Reaper blocking the entrance to the West Side Bus Terminal
    - Defeat the Noise possessing Moai

Everyone will post at least once before I update the timer, and give a update on how everybody is doing. My updates will be seen as so:

Free the Cursed Statue. You have 150 minutes. Fail and face erasure.

1. Talk to the Supporter Reaper blocking the entrance to the Statue of Hachiko
    2. Defeat a set of Noise at Scramble Crossing
    3. Enter the area and defeat the Noise
    4. ???
    5. ???
    6. ???
    7. ???

Timer: 136:08 Remaining

Leaderboard:
    1. Casey + Steve (Checkpoint 1 and 2 cleared)
    2. Joel + Stefanie(Checkpoint 1 cleared)
    3. Rebecca + Selina(Checkpoint 1 cleared)
    4. Elizabeth + Sky(No Checkpoints cleared)

After one checkpoint is cleared by any pact, the next checkpointwill be e-mailed to all players. After that, you must complete the next checkpoint given. All checkpoints must be completed in order. If nobody finishes the last checkpoint, it's GAME OVER.

My Sppf Family

Making a Pact
    Making a Pact is simple. After sign- ups are closed, you must create a pact with another member of the RPG. These will be randomly selected by Moogles4ever and myself.
    In the RPG, you will meet your partner as a mission. Though these are selected before hand, your characters' meeting will be at random. They can't know that they're meant to be in a pact together. Don't post saying, "Hey, you're my parnter, right?" It just doesn't work like that. It just doesn't.

Accepted
    Moogles4ever: Nicholas Tremblay
    Brando95: Brett

Copygoo: Will
    Gold E Lox1: Noland (Nol) Roland
    The Black Glove: Alexandria (Alex) Fae
    Stoc15: Stark Shiro
    InnerFlame: Angel Youth
    Lord Ventnor: Ryutai Simon

Atari: Lists
    ShadoWolfDemon: Skyler (Sky) Kagetora
    Zincspider: Glen Radgers
    MetaWolf: Amu Hinamori

People in bold have completed their sync move. If you don't make it and confirm it on the RPG Discussion Thread by Sunday, February 15, your pact won't participate.
    If your partner isn't responding to PMs/VMs, you are free to request another partner. I'll see what I can do.

GM: Brando95
    Co- GM: Moogles4ever

Search this site for more information on The World Ends With You.

ALL SIGN- UPS ARE CLOSED
    Last edited by Brando95; 18th February 2009 at 1:24 PM.

My Sppf Family

ok since it was movd here, Reserve a spot for me please XD

"Big man forgets what he is sometimes."

Sure! I'll add you right away.

My Sppf Family

Moogles has been bugging me to join you guys came up with this idea. Count me in.

Reservation please?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cave Johnson
    When life gives you lemons, make life take the lemons back! I don't want your d*** lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to build me a combustible lemon to BURN LIFE'S HOUSE DOWN!

*sigh*
    Are people too lazy to just make a sign- up without reserving a spot.
    But, whatever. You're in, BG.

My Sppf Family

I am writing mine now, expect it in about a hour

Here ya go.

Spoiler:- Sign Up:

Thank you! I hope it's good.
    Last edited by Copygoo; 18th January 2009 at 11:52 PM.

(EDIT: Partner and Sync Attack added!)

Name: Stark Shiro.

Entry Fee: The Reapers got rid of a locket of his dead mother, which means more to Stark then life itself.

Personality: Stark gains his personality from his father, and he acts mainly like an adventurous little boy. He believes he is normally the strongest in a team, but he can be smart enough to admit when he is out-shone. Tactical in battle on rare occasions, Stark’s intelligence can vary most of the time. With some of his mother's DNA in his bones, he does have a bit of style when it comes to showing off. He does know when it is time to give up, and although he is normally cocky in battle, he can be kind and sweet when he is out of battle. In fact, he could be considered a father-figure outside of battle, where he normally acts like a professional wrestler and flexes his muscles just to disprove wimpier opponents.

Appearance: Stark has bleached blonde hair nearly almost covers his eyes, although it does not matter because he keeps one eye shut at all times. He has crayon-colored white teeth that glimmer in the sun, and his tan skin nearly conflicts with the glow. Brown gloves are always attached to his hands and he added some metal attachments to the gloves to make his punches stronger. A brown belt with similar metal balls on it is also attached to him, and it keeps his navy blue pants on. Under his white shirt, there is a red mark that looks like a tentacle that is next to another tatoo of a tentacle. Stark is pretty muscular, and he can pull nearly ten copies of the brown backpack he wears. A brown necklace hangs across his neck, and a brown bandana with a white skull on it contrasts the necklace.

How You Died: Stark was just a simple little boy in a simple little world, living his life with no true distractions. His mother meant everything to him, and they hung out together all the time. He got good grades, and he had a pretty good life. Getting a locket for his sixteenth birthday with a picture of his mom, he treasured it more then his life. When his mother died, Stark basically had no reason to live life anymore. Although, he could just sense that his mother didn't want him to commit suicide, so he didn't kill himself. Although, he is dead due to being in the Reaper's Games. So, he betrayed his mom due to some primal urges, basically making him commit suicide to see his mother in Heaven. Amazingly, he regretted the choice and wanted another chance at life. The Reaper's Game is his second chance at life, explaining why he is in it.

Method of Fighting: Besides using pins, Stark can fight by using tactical strategies that involve him using stealth to outwit and defeat the opponents he's fighting.

Partner: Skyler (Sky) Kagetora. (ShadoWolfDemon)

Sync Attack: Artistic Audacity--Skyler uses her sketchbook to draw something to power up Stark and herself, and then using these upgrades, they teleport to opposite, and beat the life out of the Noise.
    Last edited by Stoc15; 2nd February 2009 at 12:09 PM.

Name: Noland "Nol" Roland

Entry Fee: His brother, Mathew "Matt" Roland

Personality: Noland is a strong person phically and menally. H believes he's right and always right. He isn't very social except for with his fists. He pushes himself to the limit and never stops until he has won or completed what he needed to accomplish. He finds that most of the time he is wrong but still he fights to be right. He loves his family like most people do and his girlfriend, Jill Aroura. He cherishes the ring he got on his 20th birthday and will not part without it. Nol hates being called Nol, except by his family. If someone calls him Nol, you don't want to see what happens.

Appearance: Nol, is an African-American american. He is around seven feet tall with muscles the size of mango. He exersized every day since he was 13 giving him these muscles. He is bald and has no beard, but if he were to have grown out his hair it woud be black. He has brown eyes but they resemble black showing his personality. He wheres a white muscle shirt. He ahs blue jeans that are ripped at the cuffs. He has light brown steel toed work boots with black laces. He wheres a gold ring with a blue topaz in the center. He has fat gold braclets on each wrist with chains on them.

How You Died: Noland lived in Shibuya, Japan for his child hood. Him and his twin brother, Mathew, did everything together. But by the time they graduated High School, the two had gone different directions. Matt had gone into school smarts and went to collage, while Nol went into heavy lifting and desided to go into the compitition of Heavy Wieght Lifting. At the age of 20 the two remet for the twins birthdays. Their parents had bought them bother rings and expencive cars. Matt had taken his out for a 'spin' and had flipped it onto Nol, killing him.

Method of Fighting: Nol uses brute force in fights. He uses his muscles to do the talking and believes broud before brains. He just goes for direct attack.

Partner: The Black Glove (Alexandria Fae (Alex for short))

Sync Attack: left blank
    Last edited by Gold E Lox1; 1st February 2009 at 8:52 PM.

Name: Brett

Entry Fee: Brett's Inteligence

Personality: Brett is very eager to do whatever comes to mind. Brett is the first to act and always takes the easy road. He used to take his time with his projects. He had many goals, usually involving schoolwork, and set to them. But, his inteligence meant so much to him that after dying, they were taken away by the Reapers. Now, Brett is... not the brightest student... but, he's still able to figure things out on his own. He has a pretty hard time comprehending big words... words with 6+ letters that is. He still has his physical appearance which he uses to defeat Noise with. He is incapable to use Pins due to his lack of... knowing things.

Appearance: Brett is a normal teenage boy. He is 5' 11'' and pretty well built. He was Captain of his old school's Basketball team so, he needed to keep in shape. He has blue eyes and black hair. Brett also keeps in touch with the latest fashion. He wears all of the hippest styles of Shibuya, his favorites being Mus Rattus and Wild Boar. He wears a Sabotage T- Shirt (), by Wild Boar, and Classic Jeans (), by Mus Rattus.

How You Died: Brett was a smart, straight A student who lived in the Udagawa District. He was the Captain of his School's Basketball Team and kept a popular status among students. Eventually, news spread around school that Brett had died after being hit by a car. This car was driven down the West Bus Terminal by a guy who was trying to simply get to work. He was late so, he reached speeds that were above the speed limit. Already breaking the law, he sped down the street and banged right into Brett, who was buying a bus ticket to Molco. He was a big fan of Tin Pin and was hoping to compete in the recent tournament.
    After dying, Brett was offered to compete in the Reaper's Game which he happily accepted. He wanted to get back to life so that he can make a difference in the world. But, to do this, he needs his inteligence back. That's why he must win.

Method of Fighting: Brett, having lost his inteligence, isn't exactly the tactical wizard. Because of this, he has a hard time using Pins. So, instead, he uses a Basketball. To symbolize his love of Basketball, he wheels around this Basketball to attack enemies in all angles. He can control it a far distances (ie. whirling it around his body or flinging it at an opponent and back) or use it to attack with physical hits.

Partner: Nicholas Tremblay

Sync Attack: Nicholas warps around the field inflicting damage with his iron fists while Brett warps around and inflicts damage by dribbling his basketball around. This, as all sync moves do, affects all enemies.
    Last edited by Brando95; 2nd February 2009 at 1:16 AM.

My Sppf Family

The status of the signups have been stated above. Also Copygoo, I know that's not you. You must be a sibling of his because I know you can do a better signup then that. Don't try to kid anybody.

Also for gods sake your death includes your history what was the minimum for history again? 5 lines methinks.

Star-Lord

what changed?

Can i reserve a spot too?

As for me:

@Gold E Lox1: The layout of the Sign- up is good. Everything is in great shape. The only problem is that this takes place in Japan. You're going to have to redo the American parts.

@Stoc15: The only thing that I can see that's wrong with yours is that you never specified how you died. Reapers don't just pick people to play in the game. You have to die and then get picked to play the game. Unless Stark eventually did commit suicide. Then, you just need to make it more clear. It sounds like he's still alive but in the Reaper's Game.

@Copygoo: Like Moogles4ever said, you can do better than that. I believe in you! Plus, the Appearance and History have to be at least 4 lines long. No exceptions.

My Sppf Family

Quote Originally Posted by Gold E Lox1 View Post
    what changed?
    You Need more appearance, Description and History. Infact everyone does =/

Star-Lord

I fixed it, Brando. Tell me if I'm in now.

@Moogles4ever: It isn't that he needs more it's just that it needs to be edited. Correct me if I'm wrong but they have to be at least 4 lines. They were all at least 4 lines.

My Sppf Family

@Moogles4ever: It isn't that he needs more it's just that it needs to be edited. Correct me if I'm wrong but they have to be at least 4 lines. They were all at least 4 lines.

@Stoc15: *sigh* You still need to explain how you died. You can't be technically dead. You are dead!

My Sppf Family

Quote Originally Posted by Stoc15 View Post
    I fixed it, Brando. Tell me if I'm in now.
    Hey, Imma Co-Gming this too. You need more History, and I can't tell how you died.

Star-Lord

ok I edited

@Gold E Lox1: Two things. One, Hong Kond is in China, not Japan. Two, the RPG takes place in Shibuya, Japan. That's it.

My Sppf Family

Ok. It's completely fixed now. Am I in?

@Stoc15: *sighagain* You're lucky that I'm nice. Again, you aren't technically dead. You're dead! That's final! Also, you commit suicide so that you could see your mother in heaven. If that's true, why would you want to be in the Reaper's Game and come back to life. Unless he regreted it and wanted to come back to life again. But, I don't see why he wants to join the Reaper's Game. The only reason you join is because you want to. Not because you have to.

My Sppf Family

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast