Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Mythos: The Return of Magic Discussion Thread

Default Mythos: The Return of Magic Discussion Thread

Approved by Psychic

Main Thread - Sign Up Thread

Spoiler:- Plot:

Mythos: The Return of Magic

INFO

At the start of the RP, our intrepid heroes are at the farm of the Ceresa family on a Saturday night, a farm right at the edge of town, two weeks after the celebration. Anima's family is good friends with them and so offered to help find out what's killing their livestock. This Earth is pretty much the same as ours, at least for now...

Ancestors and your Powers
    In this RP, the powers your character has will be tied to whatever mythological ancestor you've chosen. In this case, it won't be just gods and godesses (though I have a feeling a majority of you will chose such), but all things that are mythical or in some sort of legend. Those include demi-gods (like Hercules/Herakles, Perseus and Gilgamesh), monsters that involve humans (like vampires, werewolves, ghosts and spirits) and even "normal" people (like Beowulf, Medea, Springheel Jack and knights from Arthurian legends). Named mythical creatures (like say the Greek Sphinx) and others will be dealt with individually if it ever pops up.

The powers have to be tied in some way to the ancestor. If you want to include a famous item they have, like say Arthur's Excalibur, they can't have the actual thing but they can create a construct that has similar powers to the original. Their powers, if you want, can also manifest as a seperate "being", a la Persona, that has very limited intelligence.

The cut off for mythical people is the Victorian era. Any "myth" beyond that isn't allowed. And you don't know you're descended from a mythical being yet.

Super-myth Club
    The club was founded at St. John High School by a bunch of friends wanting to prove the existence of cryptids but soon gave up on it. Its current leader, a one Hansel Christina Andrewson, is currently on the other side of the US in New York due to family matters. Because of this, the club has more have been friend gatherings than anything else for now and didn't do much during the celebration. The current secretary is Salazar Daniel Drake. The club gathers in two places, their club room in the school and a club house in the forest near the north east outskirts of Keydeus.

NOTABLE PEOPLE

Hansel Christina Andrewson
    Current leader of the super-myth club. She's a medium built girl who's eighteen years old. She has black hair that's long, reaching past her shoulder blades. She dresses in casual attire--though she usually a wears white petticoat over her shirt and her pants are usually brown. She always has a scarf on and wants to be a writer some day. She's also a rather open minded and laid back individual who, despite being the leader, doesn't really impose her leadership that much.

LOCATIONS

Keydeus Town
    Keydeus, California, a rather regular town off the coast of the state. Nothing particularly great or noteworthy has happen here since its founding, like a great many a town. Although it is known for its diverse people from the, well, many kinds of people who conquered, retook and then signed a treaty to live there for whatever reason, leading to things like an old Christian church building right beside a Chinese temple and a new hi tech office building.
    Sub locations:
    • St. John High School: The building itself dates back to after the Civil War, but wasn't used as a school until 75 years ago. It's also one of the main places teenagers go for high school in Keydeus. Located at the middle east end of the town, as the name suggests, the school was run mostly by religious brother and nuns. Now, only the school principal and a few teachers are considered such. The school also has the most famous clubs, particularly its music club, the Classicals, the aforementioned super-myth club, and its biker club, the Masked Riders.
    • Ceresa Farm: A rather large farm north east of Keydeus.
    • Wanderer's Forest: A forest west of the Ceresa Farm and north to north west of Keydeus. There's a cave at the west end of the forest that has tunnels connected to the beach at the bottom of Highcliff Coast. At the most eastern part of the forest is a treehouse the first super-myth club members used. The club house is still used though only because Hansel likes to use it on occasion for "secret" meetings.
    • Highcliff Coast: At the west of Keydeus, as its name suggests, the cliffs are high and in most spots can't be climbed up or down without climbing equipment. There's only a few spots that one can use to go to the beach at the bottom, one of them called Pirate's Path, at the south part of the cliffs, called such because it was believed pirates made that path.
    • St. John's Church: A church located at the south east end of the town, south of St. John High School.

Spoiler:- Short Info on Mythological Figures:

CAST
    Anima Maria Juarez - Anubis Descendant (TheCharredDragon)
    Salazar Daniel Drake - Sagramore Descendant (TheCharredDragon)
    Quinn Kingsley - Arachne Descendant (TheSequelReturns)
    Daciana Lupei - Fenrir Descendant (*Jean Grey*)
    Christine Lefévre - Persephone Descendant (Samayouru)
    André Bellamy - Aphrodite Descendant (Monster Guy)
    Adriana "Ana" Vasile - Vlad the Impaler Descendant (Samayouru)
    Alain Irving - Dionysus Descendant (Schade)
    Chloe "Clover" Stone - Chimera Descendant (Cometstarlight)
    Arsinoe "Arsi" Quayle - Pheonix Descendant (shaymin_girl)
    Sullivan Van Daal - Gilgamesh Expy Descendant (Vern)
    Kaede "Maple" Shonozaki - Nekomata Descendant (Vern)
    Lanaya Ur-Kaldr - Enkidu Descendant (AzerWrath)
    Kitai "Kit" Hayashi - Kitsune Descendant (Andydemon)
    Derek van Velde - Apollo Descendant (Sketchie)
    Lexa Valencia - Artemis Descendant (Sketchie)
    Devin Howe - Pluto Descendant (rotrum)
    Mana Ghul - Evil Eye Descendant (chihaya01)

Phew. That was a lot. Anyways, I'll likely have the RP up today or tomorrow but in the mean time, feel to use this thread for what it's supposed to be for. Also, perhaps you guys could establish what are your characters' relationships with each other are. After all, they have been in the club together for a while.
    Last edited by TheCharredDragon; 23rd September 2016 at 10:24 AM.
    "I am the courage that fights for beliefs, Fortitude Creed," - Model Z's password, a summary of Zero's beliefs; Megaman ZX
    "I'm just gonna keep pressing buttons," - My favorite youtuber, TheGamingBeaver

Image credit goes to American-Pi.

Hey, this is up!

I'm excited to get going, I'll try and make a post once the thread goes up but I may wait for more people to post. And for relationship wise, I'm pretty open for Arsi's relationships. I'd really like for her to have a crush/someone she constantly flirts with if anyone's interested in that. Otherwise she's pretty friendly so it's likely she gets along well with most of the club. (Some people might be turned off by her boastful attitude though.)

YES! IT'S HERE! (It's kind of pathetic that I've been doing nothing except wait for this to come up for the last two days.)

I don't really have anything in mind for relationships. I'm glad that there's an Enkidu here as well... I would sure like to have some sort of relationship with him, but I'm not sure about that. Sullivan is probably going to have a few enemies...
    Last edited by Vern; 15th July 2016 at 7:02 AM.

Oh hey, internet. I'm on vacation until late Monday, and can post on Tuesday, earliest.

You are a catch 22, either way I miss out
    All of the grief I give you
    It's energy I can't live without
    But I could stand you one more night

Sorry I haven't finished my SU yet. A close coworker to me was fired Monday so I've been pretty unmotivated. I'll def get it done this weekend. ^__^

My character is going to be a bit withdrawn so she (assuming I'm sticking with "she") won't have a large friend circle, but I'm open to her having a few friends! I think her and Quinn (@Sequel) should be rivals because Athena vs Arachne. xD

~ ~
    [719/720]
    lend me hoopa pls?
    FC: 1048 - 8845 - 0258

Quote Originally Posted by shaymin_girl View Post
    I'd really like for her to have a crush/someone she constantly flirts with if anyone's interested in that. Otherwise she's pretty friendly so it's likely she gets along well with most of the club. (Some people might be turned off by her boastful attitude though.)
    André Bellamy, Movie Star and descendant of a Love Goddess is here for anyone's romantic needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangeh View Post
    I think her and Quinn (@Sequel) should be rivals because Athena vs Arachne. xD
    Or, you can buck the trend, and actually be friends. After all you two are not Athena and Arachne merely their descendants.

You're character should have an inexplicable fear of spiders.

I want to say on here real quick that whenever the main thread might go up, I'm gonna be going to EVO today and tomorrow, so expect me to be a little inactive at first.

Whoo, discussion thread is up! As for Chloe's relationships, she's become pretty open, but may be put off by arrogance. Other than that, I'll re-read the sign ups and try to form a better idea.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL Lives Matter

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Guy View Post
    André Bellamy, Movie Star and descendant of a Love Goddess is here for anyone's romantic needs.

Or, you can buck the trend, and actually be friends. After all you two are not Athena and Arachne merely their descendants.

You're character should have an inexplicable fear of spiders.
    I realize I don't actually have the personality section of my character up yet, but Quinn and my character are going to have some personality conflicts which makes sense considering we both based our personalities on our ancestors from what I can tell.

Also, my character is gonna be kind of a prude, so that should be fun for Andre.

~ ~
    [719/720]
    lend me hoopa pls?

I also apologize for being so late with my SU's. Derek's is a few paragraphs from being done, I'll get that up in the next hour. (I was going to say I apollogize because ahaha apollo but I am serious, so I didn't.)

Derek mighy not be the descendant of the love goddess, but he is the descendant of the bisexual pretty boy god, so he's also down for the romance. Artemis was acearo, but I'm probably going to make Lexa a lesbian. I don't know just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Schade
    Have you ever played Hide and seek? I love that game, because you never know who's gonna be the duck, and who's gonna be the goose.
    thesketchqueen everywhere else on the internet. don't call me a girl, thanks.
    role player profile . tumblr . claims . art . coronet designs

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchie View Post
    Derek mighy not be the descendant of the love goddess, but he is the descendant of the bisexual pretty boy god, so he's also down for the romance.
    André's milkshakes brings everybody to the yard.
    They're like, it's better than yours
    Damn right, it's better than yours
    He could teach you, but he'd have to charge.

André's milkshakes brings everybody to the yard.
    They're like, it's better than yours
    Damn right, it's better than yours
    He could teach you, but he'd have to charge.
    I mean... sure... whatever... you can definitely think that... but I mean, go look up how many lovers Aphrodite had (11/12 recorded) compared to Apollo (over 60-70 recorded)... it becomes clear who is the real casanova... who's milkshakes REALLY bring everyone to the yard...

And that is Derek. Tall, blonde, Dutch, arts student, what more could you ask for?

(also, Aphrodite only did it with guys, she was definitely all hetero. Apollo seemed to care for his male lovers far more than his female lovers, but he still had plenty of both.)

Have you ever played Hide and seek? I love that game, because you never know who's gonna be the duck, and who's gonna be the goose.

I'll see what D-Pac can do, sometimes I'll be on mobile, other times I'll be on my old Vista. Just a heads up.

I mean... sure... whatever... you can definitely think that... but I mean, go look up how many lovers Aphrodite had (11/12 recorded) compared to Apollo (over 60-70 recorded)... it becomes clear who is the real casanova... who's milkshakes REALLY bring everyone to the yard...

And that is Derek. Tall, blonde, Dutch, arts student, what more could you ask for?

(also, Aphrodite only did it with guys, she was definitely all hetero. Apollo seemed to care for his male lovers far more than his female lovers, but he still had plenty of both.)
    Not according to my headcanon. I would imagine a Goddess of love and beauty could appreciate beauty in all genders. :P

But André himself is bi. :P André is also tall and blonde, not to mention French, rich, and famous! :P Not just a mere student.

Stop trying to compete with me plz!
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 15th July 2016 at 6:48 PM.

Not according to my headcanon. I would imagine a Goddess of love and beauty could appreciate beauty in all genders. :P

But André himself is bi. :P André is also tall and blonde, not to mention French, rich, and famous! :P
    Greek mythology trumps headcanon though. :p

Derek's taller, knows French (but lemme tell you, Dutch is better), is also well off, and you might have him on the famous part, but can André play nigh any stringed instrument he touches, not just because of godly heritage but also because he's been playing them for years and years and they all started bleeding together? Mmm, nee, ik dacht van niet.

I will now stop competing with you. (And honestly? I think they're probably on a similar level, if not the same level.)
    Last edited by Sketchie; 15th July 2016 at 6:54 PM. Reason: Didn't see that last part until after I wrote all this, probably because you also edited.

Greek mythology trumps headcanon though.

Derek's taller, knows French (but lemme tell you, Dutch is better), is also well off, and you might have him on the famous part, but can André play nigh any stringed instrument he touches, not just because of godly heritage but also because he's been playing them for years and years and they all started bleeding together? Mmm, nee, ik dacht van niet.
    Do you know how many variations of these Myths there are. :P I'm Aphrodite is Bi in something. :P

French already has the reputation of being the language of love. André has plenty of other talents he learned from movie sets.

No seriously, stop trying to compete with me plz. >.<

We're really bad at waiting for each other to edit, aren't we?

Honestly, if you're okay with this, I'd rather Derek and André be friends. They have a lot in common, and it would make sense for them to get along.

Also, the school could be doing Pippin for their musical, and Derek could be the Lead Player and André could be Pippin, because the dynamic there would honestly be perfect. And André would make a really good Pippin.

Yes, yes we are.

I'd prefer that myself.

Ok, sure. Except I don't know that play... To the internet, away!

Derek mighy not be the descendant of the love goddess, but he is the descendant of the bisexual pretty boy god, so he's also down for the romance.
    Hey bb my girl Arsi is open for Dutch boy business. -double pistols and wink-

Awww yis the discussion thread's up!

I know what I'm doing with Ana - Jean Grey and I have been discussing Daciana and Ana having a little/big sister dynamic between them considering that they could both be classed as predators. Not sure what I'm going to do with Christine, though. I'm sure she'd probably get along with everybody considering her fanciful nature. If someone makes a Hades descendent then maybe that could go somewhere~
    Latest Shiny: (3,798 REs) (B2)

Current Hunts: Virbank Complex (B2/W2) - 6,003 REs | (FR/LG) - 1002 SRs

Tbh I don't know who I want to ship with Derek -- so many potential ships, so little time, only one I can choose! This, truly, is a multi-shipper nightmare... (and, I really shouldn't be talking, 'cause he's not done yet. Why do I have to go into detail about everything...)

Ooh, shaymin, doll, are we still down for the Lexa/Arsi good friends business?

Tbh I don't know who I want to ship with Derek -- so many potential ships, so little time, only one I can choose! This, truly, is a multi-shipper nightmare... (and, I really shouldn't be talking, 'cause he's not done yet. Why do I have to go into detail about everything...)

Ooh, shaymin, doll, are we still down for the Lexa/Arsi good friends business?
    Heck yeah friend!!!!

Why do I have to go into detail about everything...
    Then don't. Leave some things ambiguous. Like I do.

lol, Apollo was a major sloozy. Just like his daddy.

I actually forgot about this until now but I wrote a 3,000 word essay for a class several months ago on a weird topic about how Apollo and Athena are very similar yet extremely different... *skims over it* lol I got a B+. good enough

Holy cow this RP has a lot of characters. xD

~ ~
    [719/720]
    lend me hoopa pls?

And the RP thread is up!

I'm gonna give you guys a chance to interact with each other and see Kung Fu Ferret's posts before anything else. You can follow Anima to where she's heading, check the weird grass or do what you want. Even mess up the place (though, of course, you're gonna be in trouble for ruining a part of the farm). Also, feel free to drag Daniel around.

Oh, ans for those still finishing their SUs. Again, don't worry. I'm pretty sure you'll get the chance to finish them before anything really big happens in the RP.

One more thing, Daniel is free to be flirted with. It'd be funny to write him being annoyed and confused and flustered at someone flirting with him considering what he thinks of himself. Anima will be confused too on why someone's flirting with her.
    "I am the courage that fights for beliefs, Fortitude Creed," - Model Z's password, a summary of Zero's beliefs; Megaman ZX
    "I'm just gonna keep pressing buttons," - My favorite youtuber, TheGamingBeaver

Image credit goes to American-Pi.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast