Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digimon: Unholy Crusade - the *Reboot* (Discussion)

Default Digimon: Unholy Crusade - the *Reboot* (Discussion)

Digimon: Unholy Crusade
    [the Reboot]

PG - 13

(Approved by Psychic)

This will be our Discussion thread. It's where I'll be giving you all of the OOC information on the current plot-points and where you can ask me (and the rest of the players) questions on the specifics. It's also a great place to gather and brainstorm/collaborate on developments specific to your character(s) that you want to make sure everyone is aware of (so that we don't skip ahead of it or mess it up).

Here's the info from the signup post:

Spoiler:- Plot:

=====Information=====

Saga: Saga is a Digital World unlike any other: where immortal gods and timeless angels live side-by-side with mortal digimon. The gods have had a contentious relationship with the rest of Saga. For centuries, the gods demanded worship from their mortal counterparts; until a war erupted between the various pantheons. The energies expended by the gods unleashed a monstrous entity that threatened to consume the entire world. The gods finally put aside their differences and managed to put a stop to the monster, but not before many of the pantheons were decimated by the battle. The surviving gods decided instead to take a more active role in the world, and formed the High Council to help guide mortals and each other.

Spoiler:- The Factions:

Spoiler:- Digivolution:

Spoiler:- Rules:

Spoiler:- Accepted Characters:

Choose your world. Choose your side.

Here's a list of Digimon that comprise the Royal Knights' forces.

Champion:
    Aquilamon (air)
    Veedramon (ground)
    Coredramon Green (ground)
    Coredramon Blue (air)

Ultimate:
    Wingdramon (air)
    Groundramon (ground)
    AeroVeedramon (air)
    Grademon (ground)
    Garudamon (air)
    Silphymon (air)
    Knightmon (ground)
    Mistymon (ground)
    Hisyarumon (air)

Mega:
    Slayerdramon (air)
    Breakdramon (ground)
    Gryphomon (air)
    OwRyumon (air)

Then we have the 4 Royal Knights:
    Sir Guinier (f) - UlforceVeedramon (air)
    Sir Caradoc (m) - Dynasmon (air)
    Sir Bedivere (m) - Examon (air)
    Sir Gareth (m) - Gankoomon (ground)

(Geek Alert)

The Breakdown of Tessa's Abilities

So, I just want to give peeps the low down on what Tessa can do, since her abilities aren't the usual power or bruiser type of attacks for battles. She's more like a Scholar/mage character found in Fantasy Games with a party of characters with different roles. Her personal skill level is that of Advanced Journeyman and as such can easily perform skills/techniques of High Coding at the Journeyman level. (The ranks I'm roughly going with for now are Apprentice, Journeyman, Master, and Adept.) Now, she does have access to knowledge for Master-level skills from her father's Book that he compiled during his lifetime. (And there may be some other stuff Nikola recorded in there from other sources...) In my mind, a wisemon reaches the master level when they craft their own book from their own experience and knowledge (the smaller journal she’s always writing in). So, in theory, Tessa can possibly perform Master level techniques with enough time and preparation, but maybe not necessarily guaranteed to be able to perform successfully in the heat of battle. It depends on how desperate she is to try. She would run a greater risk of backlash of a failed Working that would result in injury, unconsciousness, or de-evolving.

So the nature of her abilities revolve around Time and Space. Sorry, time travel is out of the question as it could end the story, before it even started. (No doubt Kamotz would nix this idea anyway) The only reference in Nikola's Book about Time Travel are warnings of 'DO NOT ATTEMPT'. However, Tessa can playback events/objects of a select time and place temporarily she has witnessed or events already recorded in her father’s Book.

Event Playback

Her attack Pandora Dialogue is an innate or preset skill for all wisemon (regardless of skill rank) where they copy and save an opponent's attack multiple times with the Space/Time Orbs (copycopycopycopycopy) and playback the attack at a high speed (pastepastepastepastepaste). This is a fast and crude execution of the playback technique for when a faster response is needed. I'm figuring a crude recording in this matter would only remained saved for the duration of a battle (like a clipboard you would copy items to before pasting them to a new location). A wisemon of higher skill rank could stretch these parameters.

Now, the playback memory Tessa recreated in the Temple Gardens is a little bit different, though it uses the same principle. A memory playback is an event/action/object that was made a permanent record with a great deal more preparation. Recreating a memory is easily a Journeyman level technique, however, the sheer size and detail incorporated in the data set for the Temple Garden memory puts it more in the Master skill category, since Tessa could only reconstruct a portion of it before stopping. Keep in mind this was not an illusion, but a hard physical copy that an individual could see, feel, smell, touch and interact with for the duration the playback lasts (kinda like Shadow Clones in Naruto). In theory, Tessa could use strictly the data streams for a visual illusion and make it easier and quicker to execute the memory playback, but it would lose overall quality and effect (think low and high resolution in pictures).

Teleportation

Pretty straightforward and I already covered a bit in Tessa’s sign up. Her attack Eternal Nirvana opens a portal to imprison a target in a dimension within the Space/Time Orbs. Tessa will seldom use this attack as she feels bad for the poor suckers stuck there. This might only work on digimon of the Perfect/Ultimate level or lower (What are your thoughts on that, Kamotz?) Creating simple portals connecting locations on the same dimensional plane is quite easy and lots of fun. More specifically, line of sight teleportation for herself or teleporting a couple of individuals in a quick matter and fairly easy to accomplish. Opening a bigger portal or keeping it open does requires more time and effort. (The dumping of massive quantities of water on the flaming buildings in Axis Mundi) Also at her current skill level, she can only do one set of portals at a time.

Healing

Healing isn’t a standard application of a Wisemon’s abilities, but rather unique to Tessa herself. It’s more the influence of the heavenly heritage from her mother, Suriel, an angel of healing. Rather than actually healing the wound, Tessa would be reversing the creation of the injury so it never happened or existed in the first place. (Like Orihime’s abilities in the Manga Bleach). This is a more instinctive ability for Tessa as it is unlikely she’ll have a pre recorded memory of any random individual she meets before sustaining said injury. It’s more like she has to gain a sense what was there previously. So far she hasn’t had a lot of practice with this skill and requires lots of concentration.

There are many creative and versatile means to apply these skills for the plot and I already have some ideas in mind for Tessa to support the other characters and npcs in battle. However, if anyone has ideas they would like for their characters specifically, let me know! It would be a great way to create character interaction! I just need to consider Tessa’s limits for each scenario and when she may advance in skill or even what knowledge is logically available to her in her father’s Book.

I will likely add more to this topic in time as I’m making much of this up as we go along.
    Last edited by Solsabre; 5th March 2016 at 6:04 AM.
    Anything is possible...apart from skiing through a revolving door.

Image Credit goes to Kamotz

The summary of the Royal Knights we're up against, info taken from the first post and some more added abilities.

Sir Bedivere (Examon) - Bedivere is a very chivalrous Digimon. He aspires to be a true knight in every sense of the word, and would gladly follow orders provided such orders do not go against his code of chivalry. Despite his noble intent, Bedivere is very passionate and can be driven to anger easily. He's often tasked with leading squads of Knights on various missions when Galahad and Gawain are otherwise occupied because of his personal code and ability to inspire.

Sir Guinier (UlforceVeedramon) - Guinier isn’t as chivalrous as her brother, Bedivere, though some elements of his nobility have rubbed off on her. She tends to be the realist, commonly noting what she sees as flaws in plans and generally not helping morale, which can irritate Bedivere on occasion when morale really matters. Guinier is the fastest of the Royal Knights in terms of sheer velocity and movement. Most normal Digimon aren't even capable of following her movements, nevermind keeping up with her in battle.

Sir Caradoc (Dynasmon) -
    Caradoc was born to a family shamed by his father's deeds and from an early age fought to redeem his family's disgraced name. Because of this he is driven to live up to the expectations and role of a Royal Knight. Caradoc is relentless and unflinching in his duties; he believes wholeheartedly in the cause and purpose of the Royal Knights. As a fighter, Caradoc embodies the concept of the "Lightning Bruiser" archetype. As a Dynasmon, he's exceptionally fast, provided incredibly durability due to his chrome digizoid armor, and is overwhelmingly strong. As a Royal Knight, all of these attributes are heightened due to his training and the rituals that made him a Royal Knight.

Sir Gareth (Gankoomon) - Gareth prefers to work by himself, finding that he can't trust others to do his work for him. He can be ruthless and has morally questionable opinions, but he's not reckless and has enough sense to think about possible plans. Gareth prefers solitude and honing his skills to relaxing and chatting with others. He's cynical and will point out flaws in plans or even character with brutal honesty, even if it's to his leader. However, some warriors are able to win his respect, if they're impressive and skilled enough. Gareth is a martial arts master, with perfect form afforded him by the centuries of experience he has gained as a result of being a Royal Knight.

Currently working on a section for Theo though I probably won't finish it till Sunday or Monday night (work and all those responsible adult things interferring), anyone want an assist from Tessa? Otherwise I'll be having her redirecting enemy attacks or teleporting poor haplessless 'mons around the battle field for this round.

Here's a quick reference image for what Camelot and the beach battle look like in terms of geography. (not my image, not associated with this RPG. Just an image search).

Sorry I haven't posted recently. Been super busy at work. I'm working on a post for this now, however.

So, what is the status of the rp? Are we still on?

I was starting to wonder too 'cause I really liked this. I hope it isn't dead, just when things were starting to get even more interesting. Same goes to CW but also add in that we made it pretty far for an RP on this site.
    "I am the courage that fights for beliefs, Fortitude Creed," - Model Z's password, a summary of Zero's beliefs; Megaman ZX
    You feel inspired by your favorite quote. You're filled with DETERMINATION.
    Totally not referencing Genji from Overwatch with my Usertitle
    "I'm just gonna keep pressing buttons," - My favorite youtuber, TheGamingBeaver

Image credit goes to American-Pi.

This post probably won't amount to much since the rp has been dead for two months, but my brain keeps wanting to come back to this with a frenzy and see what happens next. Looking back at my last post, I feel kinda silly for putting Theo in a position that would likely kill him off. I was anticipating a last minute miraclous save to pull key characters through, if that were the case. If not I've been pondering up my own solution by bending my own laid out rules for Tessa's abilities a bit with a time displacement spell and basically plucking any characters a few seconds in the past right before being vapored by the Knights and into the present. It would pretty much burn out Tessa for a while.

Not sure if anything will come of this suggestion, just felt like throwing it out there.

Me too. I really wished this wasn't dead and I don't think Kamotz can bump the thread if he comes back. So much to the point I've been tempted to do a fanfic or make an RP practically inspired by it. But yeah, I was thinking there was going to be a last minute save too or something that won't have our characters killed off. But if that doesn't happen, I think that could work. Whether Kamotz allows it is another story.
    "I am the courage that fights for beliefs, Fortitude Creed," - Model Z's password, a summary of Zero's beliefs; Megaman ZX

*nods* I have an origins story for Titus from Civil War I need to finish someday and I've recently thought up a dabble of Theo and his brother, Asher, during his early with the Royal Knight's army.

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to continue this. I'm not done, not at all. I've just been insanely busy the past two months and writing has become more difficult. I'm hoping to get this going of you guys are still interested (which it seems like you are). Same thing with Civil War. I'll be opening up signups for both RPGs again, too, to help bolster the player ranks.

OHMYGOSH it's back

Heh, it's all right Kamotz. You coming back at all is good enough. I hope the post I just did was okay.

Also, Solsaber, I hope you don't mind what I did. But I assumed that Tessa would be on the ship and I took the oppurtunity to interact with her.

No worries, Kamotz, I'm just happy to be back on board!

@ Charred, sounds good to me, I had wondered if you'd approach Tessa after the battle. So I've got a little something planned for both of my characters interacting with Shula and Frost in my next post, which I'm hoping to get up this weekend. We'll see it's going to be a bit long.

If I tried to continue this, would anyone still be interested in rejoining/signing up new?

Count me in.

HECK YES. This especially as I'm interested in the character interactions as well as the plot but either this or Civil War is fine.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...yCrusadeReboot

I made us a thing if people are interested in troping (I thought maybe people were since Civil War Reboot had a page).

Also anyone feel free to intercept Hoshiko as she's crossing the room if you'd like to start more conversation, think it'd be good to have some more Tamer and non-partner Digimon interaction going on.
    I walk the shadowed path.

Maybe I could have Tessa run into her and interrupt the pursuit of her current object of interest. She's single-minded enough to run into someone without realization until the last minute.

I'll see what I can get pulled together tomorrow night.

Actually, Griff just started the page while I filled it. I've been meaning to make one for Unholy Crusade but I kept putting it off. >_> Though I was busy.

Quote Originally Posted by storymasterb View Post
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...yCrusadeReboot

I made us a thing if people are interested in troping (I thought maybe people were since Civil War Reboot had a page).
    That's cool. I've been adding stuff to do with Fiona and Denys when I've got time to spare. Let me know if I'm doing anything wrong when editing the page.
    Latest Shiny: - 1164 SRs (Pt)

Current Hunts: - 4000 SRs (FR/LG) | Route 114 - 6500 REs (R/S)

Okay, I am in the process of writing a post, it's just simply gotten too late for me to finish tonight. I will finish it tomorrow evening after I get out of work.

Sorry for the double post. I'm on vacation all week so I won't be able to get much updating done. Why don't we focus on character interaction for the next couple posts before rolling into the next conflict. I'm going to try and get one more short post up during the week (I'm typing this from a tablet) where we acknowledge the option of teleporting and probably implement it.

I am kinda surprised no one had picked up on Theo's slip up about his enlistment to the knights...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast