Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend's Guardians [Discussion Thread]

Default Legend's Guardians [Discussion Thread]

- Legend's Guardians -
    *Approved by Psychic*

*RP thread*

Please see the sign-up thread for details relating to the AU and plot.

RPer list:
    1. Monster Guy - Cadenza "Cadence" Mia Amoré - Compassion & Gardevoir (Psychic / Fairy)
    2. Sketchie - Joshua Hoffman - Perseverance & Togekiss (Fairy / Flying)
    3. Hydrangea - Aella Doukas - Courage & Dragonair (Dragon)
    4. Schade - Rory Denver - Reliability & Houndoom (Dark / Fire)
    5. TheCharredDragon - Sundance "Sunny" Araw - Friendship & Escavalier (Bug / Steel)
    6. Janice Quatlane - Nova Annalise Rice - Patience & Porygon (Normal)
    7. Dragalge - Olivia Lee Parker - Perception & Whimsicott (Grass / Fairy)
    8. Tangeh - Alvin Kohlberg - Innovation & Pichu (Electric)

This thread can be used for:
    - Planning plot-related events & Trials
    - Discussing the current events of the RP
    - Discussing character aspirations, relationships, etc.
    - Asking questions or requesting information from the GM or other players
    - Notifying us of upcoming inactivity, be it temporary or permanent
    - Suggesting additions or changes to the RP
    - Requesting to bunny another player's character

This thread may not be used for:
    - Chatting about things unrelated to the RP
    - Flaming other players or starting heated arguments (gentle banter is fine if it pertains to the RP, just don't get to the point where you start to upset anyone!)

Current Events

The RP thread is up, so go ahead and post an introduction post there. You're free to control Sonja yourselves and have her respond to your own characters and/or other player's characters, or you can ask her questions and leave it open for myself or another player to respond for you. It doesn't matter either way.

Now that the discussion thread is up, we can get into the eight "Trials" in more detail. I would like to have everyone involved in their creation, but especially the person controlling the trait to be highlighted. What I envisioned was after traveling to the location of the Trial, Sonja, Keldeo, and the trait's Guardian and bond pokemon all go into a trance, where they will feel like they are physically somewhere else (although they are not). During this trance, they will enter a scenario that will test Sonja's ability to demonstrate the specific trait. She will rely on advice from the trait's Guardian to understand how to react in the given situation.

Either the RPer being highlighted can bunny Sonja in their own post and essentially give us a little story covering this whole ordeal, or they can just control their own character and myself or another player can control Sonja to bounce off of them. It shouldn't take more than a couple of posts to complete. Other RPers in the meantime are in charge of guarding Sonja, as she is extremely vulnerable during the Trials and I would totally like one of the later ones to have a Team Plasma fight going on during it. xD

The locations of each trial aren't decided either, so those can be decided by each person as well, if you'd like! We'll pick an order ahead of time so that once a trial is completed, the next Guardian will suddenly know where to go for their own, and will guide the group there.

If you guys would like an example of how I'm proposing this will all go down, I can have Innovation be the first trait to be tested, but the order really doesn't matter so if you'd like to go first (or second, third, whatever) lemmie know!

~ ~
    [721/721]
    Gen VI dex complete! Bring on Gen VII!
    FC: 1048 - 8845 - 0258

Yeah, sure. But I still have no idea what one would do to demonstrate compassion.

Oh lord, is Cadence going to end up shamelessly flirting with all the boys? :P

Nah maybe she can hold hands with everyone. Mind you, Olivia might have a buzz zapper in her hand.

Wait, I know I'm new and stuff but could I actually do that to greet Cadence? It would be a perfect way to introduce perception and compassion! At least in my opinion.

Yeah sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Guy View Post
    Yeah, sure. But I still have no idea what one would do to demonstrate compassion.

Oh lord, is Cadence going to end up shamelessly flirting with all the boys? :P
    No worries, I'll help you come up with something later. I'd imagine it would probably have to do with comforting somebody and offering help. Doesn't have to be super dramatic or exciting!

And I can totally see that happening.. Lol

~ ~
    [721/721]

Quick question - when Keldeo speaks, can everyone hear it? Or just the person being addressed? ^^;;
    🌟 tumblr 🌟 click me 🌟 need to talk? 🌟

Quote Originally Posted by Janice Quatlane View Post
    Quick question - when Keldeo speaks, can everyone hear it? Or just the person being addressed? ^^;;
    Everyone can hear it, I'd say.

~ ~
    [721/721]

Quote Originally Posted by Tangeh View Post
    If you guys would like an example of how I'm proposing this will all go down, I can have Innovation be the first trait to be tested, but the order really doesn't matter so if you'd like to go first (or second, third, whatever) lemmie know!
    I do think it's probably wise for Innovation to go first so we have an okay understanding but seeing as courage seems pretty straightforward, Aella could probably go second if everyone else is okay with that.

Somehow I feel like Keldeo repeatedly saying "For God's sake she's not the damn monarch yet" is going to become a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Janice Quatlane View Post
    Somehow I feel like Keldeo repeatedly saying "For God's sake she's not the damn monarch yet" is going to become a thing.
    I think I put that in there too but with a somewhat different variation on the words lol. I'm just waiting patiently to see if my post is OK. I can't just screw up on my first RP post in my life. .__.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragalge View Post
    I think I put that in there too but with a somewhat different variation on the words lol. I'm just waiting patiently to see if my post is OK. I can't just screw up on my first RP post in my life. .__.
    Don't worry about it! I'm sure it will be brilliant ^^ Your character profile was extremely well written also! ♡

Cadence knew Sonja wasn't the princess yet. :P

Her mother thinks that having connections with the future ruler of Unova would be good for the family.

I really want Keldeo's reaction to being called a little pony. :P

Poor Keldeo, having to constantly tell everyone that Sonja isn't a princess yet. xD

Although if you'd like him to give up and just let everyone call her a princess that's fine too lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrangea View Post
    I do think it's probably wise for Innovation to go first so we have an okay understanding but seeing as courage seems pretty straightforward, Aella could probably go second if everyone else is okay with that.
    And yes, that's totally cool with me! Yeah courage is a lot easier to envision than, y'know, reliability etc.
    Last edited by Tangeh; 18th October 2016 at 12:12 AM.

~ ~
    [721/721]

Well I did it. My first RP post ever. Hopefully it's alright. Thankfully, Tangeh allowed me to keep the last line and I agree that it could potentially start some interactions with the other Pokemon!

Now we're waiting for Sketchie.

I love how everyone refers to Cadence as being pretty. =D

Everyone except Rory. Because he is an outcast. :P

*cries because how are you guys went so f ast* I'll get a post up as soon as I can. Fall Break is coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Schade
    Have you ever played Hide and seek? I love that game, because you never know who's gonna be the duck, and who's gonna be the goose.
    thesketchqueen everywhere else on the internet. don't call me a girl, thanks.
    role player profile . tumblr . claims . art . coronet designs

Better get comfortable folks. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchie View Post
    *cries because how are you guys went so f ast* I'll get a post up as soon as I can. Fall Break is coming!
    Take your time sweetie, I mean people do have lives outside of Serebii and that's fine. uvu

Yeah no rush! It is the time where midterms usually happen along with other stuff so it's understandable.

I'm just excited to see where this will all go though! I do wonder what the Pokemon's interactions will be like throughout the course of all this. They all have great personalities so I can't wait to see what personalities gets mixed with others.

Are we okay to make secondary posts also, while we're waiting? Just for fun of course, but I'd love to interact with some of your characters properly! ^^

I'm planning on it. ^^

Yes of course! I did after all. Haha.

~ ~
    [721/721]

Off topic but for those posting in the Sun/Moon demo datamine thread, could you kindly please bracket your posts? Because I can see it on my Activity page. Thank you.

Aaaaanyway I too want to partake in the interactions with the others. I'm just a bit stumped on it apart from one idea I had. Any ideas?

I'm sure the rest of us will help.

Just posted on the roleplay thread, I'm really sorry if it's difficult to read, I write on a mobile app and then copy and paste it in - so it can look a little odd! Apologies to you all, I hope it's alright ♡

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast