Page 42 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1507

Thread: RPG Ideas and Wishes

Quote Originally Posted by Treecko's Awesomeness View Post
    Hey, everyone. I've got an idea for an RP, but I'm going to be too busy GMing my current one to create it, and I was wondering if anyone else would take the idea if I put it up for grabs.

Basically, it's an avatar RPG where characters, benders or otherwise, travel the world. No actual plot in mind, just a fun open-world thing where you fight baddies and have adventures. Anyone up for it?
    That sounds like something I would join
    I find Avatar really fun
    Someone should make this, I don't think I can xP

[Not Made by Me]

i have been wanting to start a One Piece or Fairy Tail RPG but I am not very good in some aspects of running things so I would love if someone could help me with it. If you're interested could you PM or VM me?

~

Whilst making the forum skins has kept me preoccupied, I've been jotting down ideas to turn a Tower Defence game into a workable RPG. If you've never played Kingdom Rush, get out there and do it, now, because that's what I'm working on. No ETA.

Okay, so I've joined a few RP's and feel like I have gotten a good Idea for an RP to make myself and wanted to get opinions on it.

The RP would take place 20 years prior to the events of Pokemon emerald and sort of be a fusion between pokemon and Pirates of the Carribean. Since I love pirates and pokemon.

The RP would basically be the story of Drake before he became a member of the Hoenn elite four as a captain of a great ship that traveled through the Hoenn Islands. (The Hoenn Islands is going to be a place to the south of Sootopolis, some places already known like pacifidlog will be there, and I will add some islands.) I'll possibly have the RP expand to the waters of other regions and places if you think its a good idea. The plot will have to do with mirage island. People from all over Hoenn will have heard stories of the wonders of Mirage island. The many delicious berries and rare pokemon. But Drake and his crew never attempted to track it down, feeling it was all untrue. Until Drakes nephew Juan (Yes the one your thinking of) Had told Drake of a day he had spent fishing near Sootopolis. He heard a loud screech from above only to see an island appear before his very eyes. (I'll add more to this story maybe) Juan wasn't one to make things up, and when he explained the screech to Drake he immediatly thought that the island could be the work of legendary pokemon he had only heard about from old sea dog stories. So drake assembled the best Crew he could, and took off on what would be the greatest sailor story ever told. But Others are interested too. Team aqua has always been interested in things great and powerful. And as the rumors begin to swirl of this island more and more, Archie will stop at nothing to get what he wants. Additionally, the hoenn government is interested too, but for other reasons. Pirates have begun to show up more and more across the hoenn islands and the Region is getting a bad rep. They have created a group of talented aquatic Trainers and rangers known as The Hoenn Seels. Who's job is to stop any pirates who might create conflict of trouble over this new rumor.

This RP will be PG 14, obviously this is a rough draft, so all ideas are much appreciated! Thanks!

-TG
    Evicted From Home = Retired

So guys, I've been wanting to host this RP for some time, would someone be interested in a Ben 10 RP?

This RP takes place in a completely different timeline. Different people, different story, but same concept.

Anyone interested in a Ben 10 RP?
    Please help my dragons

Oookay so I've posted a couple of ideas here before, one of which has grown really detailed so I'm holding off on it. The other I mentioned a while back is about doing short story style RPs based off in-game events. I've finally managed to pull a simple one together and would like some feedback if possible.

Originally, this was going to be a part of a potential anthology of Pokémon role-plays originally based off in-game events, but I decided to break it up as not to overwhelm myself. I think it would be safe to say that about 99.9% of Pokémon fans have played at least one of the main series games at one time or another and will recall some in-game scenarios. The goal of this role-play (and maybe future ones) is not to just generically play these situations out, but to provide multiple interpretations of those events. However, because this is something new I wanted to try out, this one and several future role-plays will be rather generic just to see how well it works. I also hope to use short term RPGs as a way to test out new game mechanics, such as my “Completion Points/HP” system. Anyway, I will cease blabbering so you can continue onto the story.

R A G E
    GM: EmiChika | Rated: PG-13
    Spots Available: ◻◻◻[◻◻◻]

How It Started…

The day started out normally enough with clear blue skies and a cool fall breeze. Colorful leaves shed by the surrounding trees dotted the wind with hues of red, orange, and yellow while others twirled about on the placid lake. It was a perfect day to relax and enjoy a picnic or practice battling, particularly beside Mahogany’s well-known lake, Lake of Rage. Families had even opted to come out that day, traveling all the way from the quiet town to the glistening reservoir. The chatter amongst everyone was amiable, more or less, with a few mild arguments amongst trainers that popped up.

A young child glanced towards the sparkling water while munching on his peanut butter sandwich before dropping it in his excitement. He pointed towards the lake while tugging on his dad’s sleeve like a bell cord. A hump of red scales and white fins had momentarily surfaced, smoothly disappearing beneath the water once more with a slap of a tailfin. The corner of his father’s mouth quirked in a slight grin as he rummaged through the basket, identifying the partially seen creature as a Gyarados. The boy shook his head and said it couldn’t be a Gyarados because the scales he saw were red. His older brother scoffed, saying Gyarados were not red sparking a heated argument of “nuh-huh” and “uh-huh.”

The child was not the only who had spotted the disturbance for boaters who were on the water also motioned and called attention to where other white fins were surfacing and disappearing, some a bit more feverishly than others. Though most appeared unconcerned and even a bit intrigued, some calmly decided to steer their vessel towards the docks. However, one young adult was not so subtle in letting her partner know she was ready to get back to shore. Her boyfriend gave her a lazy look, hiding his mischievous grin behind the catamaran’s sail, which he pretend to fumble with.

Even more excited chatter filled the air when a white-bellied serpent the color of sapphire made an appearance. Its glossy skin shimmered brilliantly from the gentle spray as it swiftly sliced through the water with barely a wake trailing it. A sharp-eyed trainer on the bank opposite of the young boy had seen the disturbances as well, the same peculiar set of scales and fins having drawn his eye. One of his three friends, a female, suggested he not bother the Gyarados, especially while so many people were around. Another said otherwise, commenting that Pokémon of unusual colors were extremely rare and worth a lot.

An older gent near the group of trainers advised the trainer to call his Pokémon back and not to ruin a pleasant day. The friend merely reiterated his statement about rarity and value of different colored Pokémon. The gent shook his head before warning them again that they were seeing so many fins because the Gyarados were obviously excited about something. One of them commented that they were probably in heat. The gent shook his head again, saying he had lived and fished at the lake for fifty years and to believe him, it was not mating season. The trainer of the Dragonair finally piped in, telling the old man not to worry because his Dragonair knew electric type moves and that the battle would be over quickly.

While the dragon Pokémon headed for the center of the lake, the father of the two boys proceeded to quiet them both down by telling them about the lake’s history, but the youngest boy had already bounded off towards the shore after catching sight of the lone Dragonair. His mother, although appearing relaxed, worriedly called for him to be careful. After a momentary pause in which she also saw the dragon, she encouraged him to come back. Her words of concern flittered away on the increasing wind. Her son was too enraptured by the rare Pokémon to pay his worrisome parent any mind.

From across the lake, the dragon’s trainer shouted instructions to it. With an airy howl it made a horseshoe as it dove into the depths. No sooner had it done so did many of the spectators fall silent. Everyone and held their breaths for either the Dragonair or the thing it pursued to emerge. The harping girlfriend on the catamaran had fallen quiet. Even her boyfriend had stopped fiddling with the sail and looked on in curiosity. The old man looked on knowingly and a bit nervously. All the while, nothing stirred above or below the surface.

The mother’s uncertainty began showing as she rose to her feet and started gathering their things, ushering both her oldest child and her husband to hurry. The latter was just as intrigued as his youngest, but reluctantly called to the boy who whined about wanting to see the battle. No sooner had they done so did someone shout and all eyes were drawn to the lake’s center, where it bubbled fervently. In an instant, the water swelled like a stretched belly before rupturing. The sound, though dulled by the mass of water, was still loud and startling, showering those closest to the edge.

Like a rope tossed carelessly, the Dragonair was thrown from the lake, landing dangerously close to the young boy. Immediately rising behind the flung serpent was another, much bigger, longer, and meaner. The rage of a Gyarados was not unheard of but, this one, this one seemed to strike a new cord of fear through those surrounding lake for its colored matched its legendary rage. The young boy had been telling the truth. This one was indeed red.

Its fearsome red eyes were still locked onto the felled Pokémon that provoked it. The old man shouted in a panic across the lake as he hurried back towards his house, shouting for everyone to flee. With a pained, yet mighty roar, the red Gyarados unleashed powerful, orange beam that tore through the water and towards the Dragonair. The mother shrieked for her son and her husband kicked into gear, running towards the still boy. The beam was moving faster than he could. From his belt he snatched a ball and tossed it towards his son, shouting a command. The ball opened seconds before the hyper beam struck the area between the Dragonair and the boy. Just as a gun signaled the start of a race, another explosion signaled the start of a panic.

The Current Situation…

Within an hour, the once clear sky had clouded over. Rain fell mightily as though a deluge had begun. Water cascaded down slopes forcing loose rocks and soil to give way in a muddy torrent that shoved trees, Pokémon, and people aside with ease. Thunder crashed and boomed, lightning set the sky ablaze, silhouetting large serpents that belched mighty blasts, which tore into the ground and exploded within the forest. Much of the citizens who visited the lake fled. Most of the ones who stayed behind were trainers because the lure of the red Gyarados was too strong. The upper hand they started with quickly fell to pieces as Magikarp of the lake continued evolving en masse. Before long the trainers soon found themselves facing more Gyarados than their Pokémon could handle and the red one they sought to capture disappeared amongst the chaos.

Mahogany Town’s law enforcement was already aware of the situation from the hysteria that jammed their phone lines. They managed to phone the Pokémon Center and local hospital, giving them the heads up. It was also a way to buy themselves some time as they scrambled together what little manpower they had. By that time, the range of the downpour had extended to the town itself. Flash floods hit the streets, making travel extremely difficult. Several officers directed people towards shelters, encouraging them stay indoors while others assisted with getting the wounded to treatment. Eventually, a small squad was assigned the task of rescuing those who may have gotten trapped at the lake and halting the numerous Gyarados that were said to be advancing towards the town.

No one knew why the Gyarados of the Lake of Rage had suddenly become enraged or why the all the Magikarp started evolving so quickly, not that anyone stopped to actually consider it. Perhaps that could be something one could ponder on later because if everything continued the way it was going, a flood would end up being the least of the town’s worries.

Your Role…

Either you’re a resident of Mahogany Town, just visiting, or traveling through. Whatever the case may be, you’re caught up in the chaos. If you’re a trainer, you won’t be able to try for the gym badge until the situation has been resolved so if you help out, trying for that badge may come a little faster. And no, you could not have gotten the badge prior to the incident. If you’re working for the diminutive police force of Mahogany Town then you’re one of the squad members sent to rescue those stranded at the lake and stop the rampaging Gyarados. If you were at the lake before the incident, perhaps the red Gyarados caught your eye and like some of the others you desire to catch it. Unfortunately, finding it will be like searching for a needle in a haystack as the Magikarp continue to evolve and go out of control. Being a ranger or a civilian is also an option. Whoever you are, for one reason or another, you pitch in to stop this mess.

Parts…

Part I :: Halt the Gyarados that are advancing towards Mahogany Town
    Team Rocket will not be in Part I.
    Part II :: Discover what caused the chaos and stop it

Completion Points

Spoiler:- Completion Points:

With everything all quiet, I am thinking of a new RPG to liven things up. This one would be rather short and for Halloween season. What do you guys think? I will have more info soon

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.
    Platinum Friend Code: 0775-1254-2777

I posted my little RPG for Halloween! Sign up and enjoy!!! ^_^

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.

Alright, so a great idea for a RP came to be a few days ago, so I wrote what it was and I'd like to see what you all think of it. Basically I wanted to mix all sort of ideas together for this one: magic, steampunk, old western, and many other things. Also, being optimistic here I do not consider my My Little Pony RP dead. I'd appriciate if someone posted though. :/

Aradis Chronicles: Quest for the Sacred Gems

According to legend, a long time ago there was only gods who lived on the world of Aradis. There were three major gods: Terra, the god of the earth, elements, and all things physical, Anima, the goddess of magic, morality, and all things ethreal, and their father, a being only known in lore as "The Original". After The Original created Terra and Anima, they then created the minor gods. Terra's creations were Ignis, god of fire, Aqua, goddess of water, Ventus, god of wind, Solum, god of earth, and Tonitrui, god of lightning. Anima's creations were Lux, goddess of light, Nox, god of darkness, Mentem, god of the mind, and Tempus, god of time.

And yet, even after creating the minor gods, the two major god were still not satisfied. And so, is it said that they created life on the world of Aradis, and along with it, the final two minor gods, Vita, the goddess of life and nature, and Spiritus, goddess of spirits, death, and the afterlife. They were happy..for a time. However, they soon came to realize that these creatures were not ideal, as for every good deed that was enacted was a sin that countered it. So, Terra and Anima left the world and put the minor gods, now known as the Patrons, in charge of looking after the world. But when they left, as a parting gift they created the Divine Gems, which had the power to either bring a golden age of properity or thrust the world into chaos. Of these gems, there was also the Sacred Gems, which held the power of the the god themselves; however, they were sealed away, for generations far in the future who are much more prepared for their power to use...

At least, that's what the history books say. The land of Aradis as it is now is a land inhabited by four races: The Humans, Gaians, Psyclos, and Velox. Aradis' technology is mostly similer to that of Earth's in the mid-1800's, but many advancements have been made over the past few decades thanks to the Divine Gems. These gems come in many different colors, and are used for three main purposes: a power source, enchanments, and direct magic. Some gems are used essentially as batteries to power steampunk technology, except unlike batteries they never run out of power (they can give something a certain amount of power at a constant rate, but never give any more, or any less). Others are expended to give items special powers related to said gem. While lastly others are used more directly for spell casting. These are the different kinds of gems and what they do:

Spoiler:- Gems:

Recently, there have been rumors of geologists descoving a large Divine Gem some where on the edge of Aradis. Some belive it to be one of the Sacred Gems spoken of in legend. Due to the rumors, the Parliment of Aradis has hired several able-bodied mercenaries (or anyone else willing to go) to investigate this. You, as the player, are one of the people who either was hired or volunteered to go and investigate this large gem at the edge of Aradis. Little does either you or the Parliment know, that the events that will take place there will change the history of Aradis...forever.

Races:

There are a couple different races in Aradis, each with their own traits.

Humans: The most common race in Aradis, Humans are fairly versitile so their biggest advantage is that they can do pratcially anything. However, Humans in particular are the best race at using life and death based magics, such as restoration magic or necromancy. Human pray to both Terra and Anima equally, and their main Patrons are Vita and Spiritus.

Gaians: Gaians are the most diverse race in Aradis, with there being five different kinds of Gaians. Universally, Gains are anthromorphic animal race, with what kind of animal they look like depending on their sub-race. Fire Gains are reptiles, Water Gains are aquatic creatures, Wind Gaians are birds, Earth Gains are hooved mammals (such as goats, cows, deer, etc.), and Lightning Gaians are pawed mammals (such as dogs, cats, and monkies, etc.).

A Gaian child is always the same as their parents if both are the same, but if each parent is different then the child will be the kind of Gaian that the parent of the same gender is (for example, if a Fire Gaian male and a Wind Gaian female have a daughter, the child will be a Wind Gaian). Wind and Lightning Gains tend to be slightly smaller than Humans, Earth Gaians tend to be slightly larger, and Fire and Water Gains tend to be about the same height. Gaians are fairly versitile like Humans, except they tend to not be that good with magic besides elemental magic, and even then only the kind that their sub-race is associated with (for example, a Water Gaian would be good at water based elemental powers, but not others). Gaians pray mainly to Terra, and their main Patrons are Ignis for Fire Gaians, Aqua for Water Gaians, Ventus for Wind Gaians, Solum for Earth Gaians, and Tonitrui for Lightning Gaians.

Half-Gaians: Interestingly enough, breeding between Humans and Gaians is actually quite possible. The end result is a child who for the most part looks Human, but has a few animal features similer to their Gaian parent. Half-Gaians are versitile like the races of their parents, but they tend to be good with elemental magic in general rather than just one kind of it, although if they are a Fire Half-Gaian for example they are likely to be better with fire than other types of elemental magic.

Psyclos: Psyclos are an odd race, who has a special affinity with magic. They tend to be slightly taller than humans, but are very thin and frail so they are terrible at physical combat. They have skin that is a pure pale white, that doesn't change color (so Psyclos don't get tans, they don't blush, etc.). Their hair color is always a color of the rainbow (either red, yellow, orange, green, blue, purple, or pink), and their eyes have no white, no pupils, or anything. They are completely blank and are the same color as their hair, and they glow like headlights (unfortunately though they aren't bright enough to illuminate dark places). Psyclos cannot breed with any race besides themselves. Psyclos can use psychic-like powers by using Pink Gems, and are the only race that can do so. Due to their abilities with magic, most fortune tellers (or users of Clear Gems in general) are also Psyclos. Other then that, they tend to also be good at other forms of magic, although ther other races tend to outclass them in the forms they specalize in. Psyclos pray to both Terra and Anima, although some only pray to Anima, and their main Patrons are Mentus and Tempus.

Velox: Velox are a proud race that is very light and swift. They are fairly shorter than Humans, averaging at about half a foot to a foot shorter. They have naturally strong muscles and keen senses, so although they are short, they are also strong, fast, and perceptive. Velox have pointed ears, and their hair color is the same as humans, except it is possible for Velox to have white or silver colored hair as well. Although Velox are well suited to physical combat or stealth, Velox are absolutely terrible with magic with the exception of light and dark magic, which they tend to be fairly good at. Their light frames also make them just as easy to hurt as Psyclos, even if they are stronger than them. Velox Pray mainly to Anima, and their main Patrons are Lux and Nox.

Half-Velox: Like how breeding is possible between Humans, it is possible with Humans and Velox (oddly enough though, it isn't possible between Gaians and Velox). Half-Velox are often hard to tell that they aren't full-blooded, but there are a few differences. First, Velox have pointed ears, but they aren't as pointed as a full-blooded Velox. Second, they only have hair colors possible with humans. And lastly, they are taller than Velox, and are usually right about the size of Humans. Half-Velox are sturdier than Velox thanks to their humans blood, meaning they tend to make the best warriors, but at the cost for their skill with light and dark magic.

Classes:

There are five main classes to play as: Warrior, Mechanist, Marksman, Wizard, and Rouge. Although characters have to choose a sub-class of these main classes, they can choose to have two classes, and they are given a good amount of free range to make what they want with it.

Warrior: The main fighters of the group, they are the ones who charge into danger with melee weapons. Strong and resiliant, Warriors tend to be the hardest to take down. As Warriors don't rely on Divine Stones at all (unless they have enchanted weapons, which by the way you are ENCOURAGED to have), they are not hindered at all in the event that none are avalible. The sub-classes for you to choose are:

Knight: A Warrior who fights with heavy armor. A shield is recommended (make sure it can stop bullets too!), and a knight is likely to use a weapon like a sword, spear, or halberd.
    Berzerker: A Warrior who fights with large and powerful weapons. Berzerkers are a force to be reckoned with, and are likely to be the most physically strong of the group. A Berzerker is likely to either use a two-handed weapon or duel wield two one-handed weapons.
    Ranger: A Warrior who is knowledgable of the land and is an excellent scout. Rangers tend to use bows or crossbows, but can choose to use something such as a sword if they wish. Rangers are usually Velox, but they don't need to be.

Mechanist: Mechanists are good with machinary and Clockwork/Steampunk type technology, and often use Divine Stones to power their devices. Mechanists usually aren't direct fighters, although they can be. The sub-classes for you to choose are:

Engineer: A Mechanist who specalizes in building machines and robots to fight for him. Engineers also can build machines to pilot themselves to use or fight with. Although they aren't forced to, they can fight themselves if they want to.
    Augmenter: Mechanists who turn themselves into a weapon. This can range from characters who have gadgets they can use to fight with (like Batman), or grafting or wearing mechanical gear that improves their ability to fight (like Iron Man).

Marksman: Marksmen are fighters who used gunpowder based weaponry. They have an advantage of being ranged and not needing to rely on Divine Gems like Warriors, but they are fairly easy targets for melee fighters up close and instead need to rely on ammunition. The sub-classes for you to choose are:

Gunslinger: A Marksman who fights with guns (obviously). Remember that technology is for the most part like the mid-1840's, so instead of things like assult rifles or machine guns, you should be using things like lever action rifles and revolvers.
    Demolitionist: A Marksman who specalizes in explosives. Obviously, you need to be very careful if you are a Demo, as one wrong move and you accidently blow a friend's (or your own) arm off. One again, this is mid-1840's technology, so you should be using stuff like dynamite.

Wizard: To put it basically, a Wizard is anyone who uses magic. As such, there are a ton of sub-classes for Wizard. In general, Wizards either use their magic to fight either in melee combat like Warriors, or in ranged combat like Marksmen, or support their allies with magic. The sub-classes for you to choose are:

Elementalist: A Wizard who specializes in elemental magic. The elements are fire, water, wind, earth, and lightning. Elementalists are often either Gaians or Half-Gaians, but they don't need to be.
    Illusionist: A Wizard who specalizes in using light and dark magic to trick and deceive. This includes things like blinding enemies with light or invisibility.
    Psychic: A Wizard who uses psychic powers, like telekinesis, telepathy, etc. ONLY Psyclos can be Psychics, but a Psyclos doesn't nessesarily need to choose Psychic as their class.
    Cleric: A Wizard who specalizes in healing wounds and curing ailments. Clerics are usually Humans, but they don't need to be.
    Necromancer: A Wizard who specalizes in summoning the undead or using the power of spirits. Necromancers are usually Humans, but they don't need to be.
    Monk: A Wizard who fights in close combat, and uses magic to enhance their power and skill. Monks generally use quarterstaffs or fight with martial arts.
    Custom: There are a ton of different things you could potentially do with magic, so if you can have the choice to make your own Wizard. If it's good and balanced enough, I will most likely accept it.

Rouge: A deceptive character who uses his charm, guile, or stealth to his advantage. Rouges aren't the best of fighters generally, but often have a big advantage over their allies in one way or another.

Thief: A Rouge who is good at sneaking around, finding traps, and of course, stealing. Thieves will often use shadow magic from Black Gems to help keep them hidden. Thieves will often use small weapons such as a hatchet or short sword, or throwing weapons like throwing knives and shurikens.
    Con Artist: A Rouge who is an amazing speaker, who can get anything he wants with as much as a few words. They think on the fly and are amazing liars, and will often use their charm or wits to beguile their foes. Con Artists aren't really much of fighters, but they will often carry something like a hidden knife, in case they need to protect themselves.
    Bard: A traveling musician whose instument is enchanted with magic power. Bards are often fairly deceptive, but their main skill is to use their instrument effect those who hear it. Most Bards also carry a weapon such as a sword with them for defense.

And that's what I have so far. So, what do you guys think?
    Last edited by Billy Mays; 28th October 2012 at 6:42 AM.

3DS Friend Code: 5086-0861-1093

That looks interesting. I will admit to only skimming it, since I am a little pressed for time, but it is something I would definetly join.
    Take a moment to consider just how nothing nothing really is....If you understand this, then you just solved the universe.

The truth that each person...each soul...is a book. And when we lay our feelings out in the open...and we give them no name...and we give them no author....and we give them no description.....who will actually read them..........?"

Credit to Eevee for the amazing banner.
    Current fanfiction project: Pokemon: Absolution

@Billy Mays: I'd probably join that RP if you decided to post it. It would be a nice way to get myself back into roleplaying. It looks pretty interesting to me.

Would most likely join it Mays.

I look sugary and sweet, but in reality I'm just hollow and rotten.
    Tumblr

Thanks for the feedback. I've posted the sign ups for it over at the Sign Ups sub-forum, so you can sign up for it if you wish. Also, I plan on (hopefully) getting a map of Aradis and describing it's terrain so you know what it looks like.

3DS Friend Code: 5086-0861-1093

It looks like someone tried to do one a while back but didn't get off the ground but I would be interested in participating in a homestuck RPG if anyone wants to help with that.
    PASBL stats
    FB stats
    Virtuadopt clicks

Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Anyone may ref for me

Yo. I've been out of the game for quite a while now, but after watching some playthroughs, I would love to do an RPG based on the little game Ib. Since I'm busy I was wondering if anyone wanted to Co-GM with me. I'd prefer you've either watched someone play it or have played it yourself. I've done both and I thought the plot could make a good RPG. Maybe combined with similar games made in RPG Maker, some cool story could be weaved out. I'm thinking the players themselves would be responsible for a lot of the creative thinking or it would be a step by step kind of game where GMs set the scene and tell players what happen when they interact with stuff. Anyone interested?

I don't want to see this thread die since it makes for great inspiration, so I'll try to review whatever comes up, kind of like how I used to do it before I got a little too busy and simply forgot about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skillfulness View Post
    Yo. I've been out of the game for quite a while now, but after watching some playthroughs, I would love to do an RPG based on the little game Ib. Since I'm busy I was wondering if anyone wanted to Co-GM with me. I'd prefer you've either watched someone play it or have played it yourself. I've done both and I thought the plot could make a good RPG. Maybe combined with similar games made in RPG Maker, some cool story could be weaved out. I'm thinking the players themselves would be responsible for a lot of the creative thinking or it would be a step by step kind of game where GMs set the scene and tell players what happen when they interact with stuff. Anyone interested?
    Never played Ib, but I Googled it to see what it was about. I'm guessing you're referring to the horror/puzzle game made by Kouri where you're a girl navigating through a haunted art gallery. I watched the "Let's Play" of it and it seems pretty simple.

I don't think it's necessary to mention where it's from as much as what it's about, and allow the RPers to build upon that. A kind of haunted art gallery is a pretty simple and easy to play off of setting and doesn't need to even trace its roots from Ib. Ib could just simply be your inspiration for it.

From what I'm guessing, you'd like someone to be a kind of "Dungeon Master" when it comes to laying things out. Some other things that you might want to address are...

Combat - Will characters be doing a lot of fighting in this, or are they pretty much unarmed, just trying to escape the threats of the art gallery? If they are fighting spooks, creatures, and other ghastly things, you might want to consider if they've got weapons, special powers, and that kind of thing.

Puzzle or Survival? - I've noticed that in most puzzle games, players often hit "walls" where they're not sure what to do next and often there's wandering around, trying to figure out what goes where and such. It's probably the reason why a lot of these games have walkthroughs made for them as well. Having the RP be more about survival and escape would be more interesting and wouldn't keep people trying to guess what to do next. Having an inventory might be a good idea as well, especially if a "Dungeon Master" is involved. That way, people aren't just pulling stuff out of nowhere. If they have a flashlight, it should be in their inventory. It wouldn't make sense for someone to pull lockpicks, wire-cutters, or other tools if they never actually had them in their possession.

Rating - Horror can be anywhere from the spooky but childish ghosts and bats stuff that kids associate with Halloween to full-fledged brutal gore and psychologically disturbing material. "Horror" also means different things to different people, so I would say be open to all interpretations, despite what the actual Ib game features.

In terms of making RPers in charge of creative thinking, that's a hard call. Every time I've relied on RPers making the core of the creative elements of the RP, they get extremely sheepish about it and typically just leave it up to the GM. With that in mind, it may be a better idea to have a "Dungeon Master" declaring what the characters see before them and what their surroundings are like. Let that DM make the creepy elements of the RP, while the rest of the participants have to deal with it or fight it.

I think it's a good idea though, based on the little that I saw of the game.

I posed my RPG up. It's a short Christmas one that I want to try and do every year.

Quote Originally Posted by DVB View Post
    I posed my RPG up. It's a short Christmas one that I want to try and do every year.
    Interesting idea, not the usual fare for RPGs, so it's an interesting take on them. Although I kind of wish you posted the idea first, and then the sign up. Anyway, here I go.

The backdrop of the storyline is fantastic. You're already getting me in the Christmas spirit with this. You also go into the crisis situation pretty well also. You do a great job setting the mood and basis of the story also. It reminds me a bit of that new Rise of the Guardians movie, which I haven't seen yet but definitely intend to.

Moving on, you bring in the high school Christmas party idea, which is good, but it gets a little weird after that. The teens are drawn to the trinkets with no real instruction or connection to them, and instead, they become one of seven pre-created heroes. There's really no basis for how the trinkets work, why they need them, or even what they look like. Or, why these teens were chosen instead of everyone else out there in the world. There's also the issue of where exactly is this taking place, and what is it like in terms of climate, culture, and country. It just feels like a gaping hole is there. If this is to be explained at the beginning of the RP, that's fine, but some kind of clue as to what to expect in the "mission briefing" might be ideal.

I'm not too crazy about people being stuck with having to pick from a pre-selected hero. It's like Monopoly, everyone wants to be the car or the hat, and screw the iron or the shoe. Also, limiting your roster down to seven... just don't see the reason why. To me, this would be a rocking awesome RPG if you simply allowed as many people to participate and create their own hero form, as long as it was Christmas/winter holiday themed and no two people could share the same thing (if variety was what you aiming for with these seven different heroes and didn't want two or more people being angels or reindeer or whatever).

I think this RP could be just as cool with people coming in as other Christmas themed characters as well, whether it's a snowman that can use frost and ice powers, one of Santa's elves that can use his toy-making handicraft to create mechanized toy allies and devices, or maybe even one of the characters from popular Christmas fiction, such as the Ghost of Christmas Past/Present/Future from Charles's Dickens Christmas Carol, or even the Little Match Girl, possibly having the power to use fire and create illusions. There was a golden opportunity to give people the chance to think outside the box and come up with something cool and creative with this and design a neat Christmas/winter themed hero, and it just feels like you shut the door on that with the seven pre-created heroes. This isn't to say your hero ideas aren't cool (they are and they fit the theme quite well), but people love the idea of creating something that genuinely feels like their own in a way.

Good luck with it though, hope it works out well. I also think the timing on this one was better in comparison to the Halloween one that you started and just seemed to be too late with sign ups still going on when Halloween was already over. This one definitely seems to hold more promise.

Thanks for the advice Avenger Angel. I think I'll toy around with ideas and the style of it and maybe have something up before the holidays. I'm also a little worried about being really busy so if you or anyone else would want to Co-GM, be a "Dungeon Master", then hit me up.

Gonna plant a seed here: Sword Art Online RP. Only just got into it, but since it's an anime based on MMOs, has plenty potential.

PASBL Info

Thanks Pengyzu.

Maybe a Warrior Cats RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Skillfulness View Post
    Thanks for the advice Avenger Angel. I think I'll toy around with ideas and the style of it and maybe have something up before the holidays. I'm also a little worried about being really busy so if you or anyone else would want to Co-GM, be a "Dungeon Master", then hit me up.
    Again, gather some ideas, and maybe even go beyond the scope of the original game, incorporating new elements and dynamics to an RP can make it interesting. You have a good place to start from when it comes to building ideas upon it, but don't limit yourself to just the basic foundations. Build on top of that, to the point where the inspiration from Ib may only look very minimal compared to what you managed to compile just from combining ideas.

As for Co-GMing it, I don't know. I don't want to promise anything, but if you want to run your idea by me again after you've added more to it, go for it. I just don't know how busy I'll be at the end of December.

Quote Originally Posted by Xander Kaiser View Post
    Gonna plant a seed here: Sword Art Online RP. Only just got into it, but since it's an anime based on MMOs, has plenty potential.
    I saw the first two episodes of Sword Art Online, but I didn't really get into it since it seemed to take the fact it was a game a bit too literally. It's got an interesting premise as an anime as a game of high stakes where ordinary players are now locked into this virtual world, but I just don't think it's all that functional as an RP. Game elements like HP, stats, and stuff like that would be taken a bit too literally, taking away from the immersion element and instead making it a battle of numbers and probability outcomes. That, and there's the fact RPers almost never let their characters die, which detracts from the overall basis of the game.

I honestly wouldn't recommend it, but if you still feel very strongly about it, maybe compile your ideas and get them all in writing and see how you feel about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chili View Post
    Maybe a Warrior Cats RPG.
    I don't know anything about Warrior Cats, but anyway, putting that aside...

I'd also say come up with a plot and a basic storyline and see what people think of it, and again, don't rely on people having any knowledge about Warrior Cats. It would be best if you introduce even newbies to the premise of Warrior Cats, enough to the point where having preliminary knowledge of Warrior Cats isn't necessary as a prerequisite to join the RP, and that everything the prospective RPer needs to know to participate is explained right within the storyline.

After checking out the Wikipedia article on Warrior Cats, I realized it gets kind of...deep. It seems like one of those things that you may want to try and simplify if you want to attract potential RPers to the RP without having read any of the books on it. You may also decide how much from the books you want to use, and what you think may not be completely necessary to include, or take some elements and change them around for however you want to present the idea.

Again, an RP is more about the kind of plot and situation the characters are going to be in, not really what fandom or inspiration it's derived from. Let us know if the plot is going to be based on one of the books, or whether it's a kind of spin-off plot from the main series. And design an idea and a kind of crisis that would result in the characters involved to take action. Answer what kind of challenges they would be faces, why they're the ones to address them, who or what are they up against, and what the consequences might be for failing to succeed.

Thanks for the help.

Well, I've been thinking of a Puella Magi Madoka Magica RP. While I can easily understand a concept, coming up with a suitable plot is a prime challenge.

I also had ideas for an Accel World RP. My first prototype was about a non-King Level 9 wanting to rebel against the rest of the Accelerated World by forming his own 'legion'. It sounded too akin to the main series so I was thinking on improving the idea.
    Please help my dragons

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Sparks View Post
    Well, I've been thinking of a Puella Magi Madoka Magica RP. While I can easily understand a concept, coming up with a suitable plot is a prime challenge.
    I'm not familiar with Puella Magi Modoka Magica, but I threw it into a Google search. So my thanks to Wikipedia for this.

The concept is actually pretty easy to follow. An adolescent girl gets into a contract to become magical and fight witches who bring on death and despair, but also gets a wish from Kyubey. From what I read, Kazumi Magica shows that anyone besides a human can sign this contract, though in receiving that wish, they're also agreeing to fight the witches, which may not always be easy. It's like signing up for the air force and getting to pilot that awesome harrier jet, but now you've got to do dangerous missions with it.

Judging by the nature of the plot, I think it's better to make it so the RPers have all signed the contract to do this, and have already decided on their wish by writing it into the sign up to explain what that wish is and what kinds of powers it grants. In addition, it might be better to keep it non-PVP (in other words, I don't recommend having RPers take on the roles of the witches given the fact they inhabit private worlds). That's up to you though, I don't know as much about this as you probably do. In any case, you could probably bend that rule for witches if you want if you think having PVP in it would make it more interesting.

In terms of coming up with an RP plot, simply add on to what's already there. Maybe there's a hierarchy of witches and there exist elite and leader witches that are significantly tougher than the standard witch. Together, they could be working toward engineering the tragic events that could lead toward a massive pandemic or possibly the next World War (or both). Meanwhile, the rest of the world has no idea these events are being engineered by the witches, and are simply falling into their design. As a result, the stakes are high as the RPers need to stop these dark and secret plans from taking place for the rest of the world's sake.

To me, I definitely think it could make a good RP. But yeah, like me, people who read this may not know everything about Puella Magi Modoka Magica, so take things easy, make the idea simple to follow in terms of slowly and carefully explaining the plot when you present it, so people pick up on it even if they never saw an episode or read the manga.

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Sparks View Post
    I also had ideas for an Accel World RP. My first prototype was about a non-King Level 9 wanting to rebel against the rest of the Accelerated World by forming his own 'legion'. It sounded too akin to the main series so I was thinking on improving the idea.
    I haven't seen Accel World either. I'll be honest, I live under a rock when it comes to anime and manga. But for that, Wikipedia helps.

Two things stick out with this that might be a problem:

1. The fighting element. Since RPers will be fighting each other, there's the issue of the Brain Burst program uninstalling itself if the character's Burst Points are fully depleted. Essentially, fights would have to end with RPers essentially getting kicked out of the RP. Without a doubt, I don't think a whole lot of RPers would like that setup.

The alternative isn't too good either. RPers could work together, but then they're just pounding NPCs to death and that can get stale. Now, I may be wrong and overlooking something since I'm going purely off of Wikipedia for this one, but from what I've read, it's not a good mix.

2. Grinding. There's the issue of trying to get from Level 1 to Level 10, which in an RP, is tedious. From my experiences, people generally aren't too keen if they have to "train" their character during the RP's course. A solution could be to catch them up to speed and let them start at a higher level than normal, such as level 7 or 8, just to ensure people aren't getting bored with having to grind up a newbie's powers, and instead, more focus is on the storyline. In addition, you could allow them to have a pretty high budget of Burst Points and great equipment, so it doesn't feel like it's going to be a severe struggle right from the start, but they'll be able to plunge right into the competitive elites.

-----

Between these two ideas, I'm leaning more toward supporting the Puella Magi Madoka Magica one. It's a little easier to follow and encourages cooperation than the Accel World one which is going to be a PVP-fest and is going to involve a lot of RPers that aren't going to want to allow their characters to lose and get kicked out of the game. Asking a character to lose is like asking their character to die, and trust me, player-controlled character death is EXTREMELY rare in an RP (I think I may be the only guy that actually doesn't mind it all that much and sees benefits in it). Unless you start judging RP posts on a graded scale or rolling random dice to decide fight outcomes, you're going to run into problems with this. And even so, not everyone is going to like the grade scale or dice rolls determining the fates of their characters.

But again, I have not seen either of these in action, so this is really just a new guy's perception. In either case, without a doubt, present your ideas and introduce them to the setting of these ideas slowly and carefully, and have your own "For Dummies" version of what the anime/manga idea is about. This way you still make it easy for anyone to sign up, and heck, even possibly get people interested in the anime/manga itself through the RP.

Anyway, good luck with them and all the best.

Page 42 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast