Page 44 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1442

Thread: RPG Ideas and Wishes

Quote Originally Posted by SoulMuse View Post
    Hm...that sounds interesting enough, probably would join it myself. Not sure I can really say more with that much information, though.
    I'm going to have it up today, so you guys can get a whole look over it. That and some rules, since I'm going to allow only six people.

My humanity will corrode away... Until I'm just a monster...

Credit to EG for Banner.

Feeling in a bit of a slump because of some RPing issues, I am thinking of starting once more for the new year and to cheer me up! What do you guys want to see?

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.
    Platinum Friend Code: 0775-1254-2777

Quote Originally Posted by DVB View Post
    Feeling in a bit of a slump because of some RPing issues, I am thinking of starting once more for the new year and to cheer me up! What do you guys want to see?
    Something with Pokemon tbh. This is a Pokemon Forum, yet there haven't been many Pokemon RP's that I've liked. :/

I say don't rush it and let the ideas come to you, however long that takes. A lot of people simply go off of "I want to make a <Blank> RP" or "Who wants to take part in a <Insert Fandom Here> RP?" Think more about the story. Basing it off of something else is okay but it means nothing without the depth and breadth. Everything has a story, and for RP writing, it's the most important part and the luxury of being the writer of it is that you can make that story be anything you'd like.

Bear in mind, you don't HAVE to base your RP on anything. Plenty of RPs have done extremely well and they were based on nothing but pure, original, and even simple ideas that were just new and fresh to everyone, no prior watching/reading/playing required.

I have an idea for a survival/psychological horror RPG. I also try and recreate the Clockwork RPG if anyone has any interest in it.

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.

I have an idea for a survival/psychological horror RPG. I also try and recreate the Clockwork RPG if anyone has any interest in it.
    I feel to do a survival/psychological horror RPG right, you need a kind of "dungeon master" (DM) to decide what people see and are encountering. You may even want to incorporate such things like hit points, inventories, dice rolls, and things like that. That way, characters need to be resourceful, strategize, and there's the element of pressure. You could make it as a sort of "Mini-D&D," but I feel just standard role playing isn't going to be so scary or disturbing if the RPers could just easily bail themselves out of a messy or intense situation by just saying there's a car to escape only a few feet away, or they keep getting lucky shots on whatever monstrosities happen to be lurking around. YOU should decide if there's a car there, or use a dice roll to determine if that shot really was successful, or if they just wasted precious ammunition. RPers very rarely drive their characters into any real serious trouble on their own. What made games like Silent Hill and Resident Evil so disturbing was the fact you had no clue what was hanging around every corner, and you had limited resources to save yourself with. You have to kind of mimic that desperate and pressured state with a RP to capture that feeling. Let characters have to find their weapons and resources, and don't let them decide what happens to the horrors you insert into the RPG besides whether or not they get attacked. Don't make it so they have infinite ammo, impenetrable body armor, and the devil's own luck. And yes, incorporate the very thing RPers fear most. Their character possibly dying.

As for the Clockwork RPG, do you mean steampunk or something entirely different? I recall you mentioned this idea before, but it's been a while and I wasn't sure if you had made changes or had something else in mind for it. Clockwork is fine, but you need a reason for that kind of functionality to exist over other possible functions. Why was that method brought into the universe as opposed to something else? Does it have a major impact on society, and if so, exactly what does it influence? How different is life in this universe from life that we are familiar with? These are the kinds of questions you may need to answer, and they could help you devise a plot surrounding these aspects.

Posted my horror one. I will edit the post to more details as needed. Join up!

Can anyone give me tips for a wild pokemon RP i am gonna do?

Posted my horror one. I will edit the post to more details as needed. Join up!
    Okay, it helps a lot more if you post the idea first, get a critique, read it, and then adjust accordingly BEFORE you post the sign up. I don't get why you posted here if you already had this RP finished and were not interested in changing anything even after I mentioned some things that might improve it given the limited information I had with your idea. Instead, you just decided to post what you had obviously already written anyway with no regard or acknowledgement to what I said. If you didn't agree with my ideas or suggestions, that's fine and you've got the liberty to accept or reject them however you like. However, by posting in here, I take it as you're requesting feedback on your idea and want to know what people think of it and what could be done to make it better. Doing this kind of bait and switch thing where you post in here sounding like you need advice, I give some to you, and you just decide to release what you had already finished and done regardless of what anyone said in here to help you makes me feel like I'm wasting my time. If you have your ideas and your sign up set and you don't intend on changing them or regard what people think of it, then there's no need to post in here.

To me, it just seems to come across as you using this thread to advertise your RP rather than get a critical review on the ideas you have surrounding it. If you posted what you had for a sign up in here BEFORE posting the sign up, I could have come up with other things that could have been done to enhance it and make it better, but now that you've already posted the sign up and people are reading your finalized version, it's pretty much too late for that.

I'm also saying this because this isn't the first time you've done this either.

Quote Originally Posted by alexterri View Post
    Can anyone give me tips for a wild pokemon RP i am gonna do?
    That depends on what kind of situation you'd want to have going on in your RP. It could be something along the lines where the RPers are controlling Pokémon that are faced with problems or situations that could or could not have involvement with humans. Or it could be something like PMD where Pokémon live in their own organized and civilized society and are capable of doing things normally humans would do, such as constructing buildings, using tools, establishing law and order, implementing culture, organizing economies, businesses, and the like. You could even go bold and do both, where it's a society of Pokémon wishing to become civilized against Pokémon that simply want to stay wild and adhere to the laws of nature. But again, that's up for you to ultimately decide. A good RP could come out of either scenario.

A good place to start is to think about what kinds of challenges you would like the characters to face. Are the threats deadly or supernatural? Where and who are they coming from? What might happen if these threats are not dealt with, and why should the RP characters be the ones to address this? Think about the who, what, where, when, why, and how when it comes to constructing your RP. And then think about what kinds of decisions, challenges, and obstacles your RP's characters will need to address. What are some of the things you imagine them doing, and how could you prepare your role play so things like that happen? Think these things over, and try to recall possible storylines from books, movies, games, and whatever that could be used to inspire ideas and concepts. They might provide for you a base of something that could be modified or changed that might serve as a starting point.

Well it will be about a land where there are only wild pokemon they are like animals in are time. i really dont know what it will be about i am still thinking up stuff for that one.

Well it will be about a land where there are only wild pokemon they are like animals in are time. i really dont know what it will be about i am still thinking up stuff for that one.
    Well, like a story, you need something to draw in the prospective role player. A world of only wild Pokémon might be a little interesting for a short while, but eventually, if nothing is going on or there's nothing unusual or fantastic to discover along with little reason to explore and immerse yourself into this world, then people aren't going to be drawn into it. I could make a sign up for a Chatot and do nothing but squawk all day and peck at a berry here and there, which isn't going to stay interesting for very long at all, but it would be logical and acceptable in the role play's current state.

But if said Chatot now has to perform some heroic feat, rise up to some kind of challenge, or do something that knocks him out of his comfort zone and embark on some kind of adventure or mission, then things get more interesting. Especially if there's a costly price for failing or ignoring the problem and if he now has personal stake in what's going on. Same thing with the other Pokémon involved. What threatens their livelihood or has already badly damaged it? What kind of physiological and security needs have been threatened, and by what? What kind of hope still rests in the characters your role players create, and what do they have to do to go against the odds to make that possible?

You need to imagine your role play as a movie and the characters are the movie's cast. Ask yourself, what kind of movie would you like to direct? Would it be interesting and intense enough that people would want to watch it? People are more excited to see characters trying to narrowly avoid danger and peril while challenging some overpowering threat. Naturally, people root for the underdog, so let your characters take that kind of position. I guarantee people will be much more attracted to your role play if you keep these kinds of things in mind.

i am thinkig about macking two pokemon have a forbiddeen freindship or something like that and the two pokemons of there species are having a war with each other and its effecting all the pokemon

i am thinkig about macking two pokemon have a forbiddeen freindship or something like that and the two pokemons of there species are having a war with each other and its effecting all the pokemon
    I'm guessing it's something along the lines of a Pokemon version of Romeo and Juliet or West Side Story? It could work, but it does involve a few specific roles. Maybe flesh it out a bit more and then post it here before making a sign up for it.

i love romeo and juliet style movies LOL

Alright, I know that absolutely nothing can top the Hunger Games, but I was thinking of something like a Hunger Games/Last Book in the Universe-style RP with Pokémon. You know, a big PKMN dystopia, a horrible government, unfairness, These vs. Them, etc. To be honest, that's all I've got. For some reason, I get so many ideas in my head a day that I can't think much about any of them; I mainly just get little snip-its of things
    Last edited by Keldminrachi91; 6th January 2013 at 8:02 AM.

*Siggie under construction*

Quote Originally Posted by Keldminrachi91 View Post
    Alright, I know that absolutely nothing can top the Hunger Games, but I was thinking of something like a Hunger Games/Last Book in the Universe-style RP with Pokémon. You know, a big PKMN dystopia, a horrible government, unfairness, These vs. Them, etc. To be honest, that's all I've got. For some reason, I get so many ideas in my head a day that I can't think much about any of them; I mainly just get little snip-its of things
    Well, I'm one of those people that wasn't exactly keen on hopping on the Hunger Games bandwagon. I haven't read the books, but I think I mostly have a general idea of what it's about.

What you're thinking is definitely viable, but in order to have it make sense, there's got to be motive. The motive of total control is possible, but in order to avoid having it be too cliché, let the organization that managed to obtain it (government or corporation) employ a clever and underhanded tactic of accomplishing that. Maybe they were a weapons corporation that funded two other factions to wage war on each other, and thus profited from it greatly. Or maybe they hold a vastly valuable resource that the world needs so badly that they gain their power through the desperation of others. In that case, it wouldn't even need to be something like food or air. Maybe they possess an addictive supernatural power resource that gives people special powers, but has addictive side-effects.

You could take the Hunger Games context and use that same kind of arena setup. Maybe things have gotten so bad that modern times have become like the days of the Roman Coliseum, where televised entertainment now takes the form of contestants killing each other on live media. In this kind of setup, you could have a class/caste based system where you have the poor being manipulated for the benefit and entertainment of the rich and powerful. And you could easily insert Pokémon into that kind of dystopia.

I'm kind of a sucker when it comes to dystopian settings. People tend to quit being wimps and cowards bound to a social structure and instead become brave and united for the effort of survival, hope, and freedom. I like that.

So kinda been wanting to make a Zero Escape RP, but not sure how to go about it. I currently have on RP, but lets say its not the most active thing at the moment, so if theres enough interest in one i'll get right on trying to make one. If I do it will most likely be some sort of side thing, where created characters will be used instead of the series characters, i'll obviously change a lot about it such as twists and location, puzzles too but again not sure how to go with it. If anyone had some ideas i'd be glad to hear them.

So I seem to have a problem with all my RPG ideas lately. Which I can't figure out how to make a situation where people who sign up wouldnt be dying off fairly quickly removing them from the game. A good example of this would be the Zatch bell RP I've been working on which, if you arent familiar, is a competition to kill each other essentially (Book burning for people who know about it.) Any advice on this?

Also, I'm thinking about wither rebooting my Drakes RP with a better plot, or just making an RP about pirates. If anyone has anything to offeron that that awesome too.
    Nope

I have a new RP idea but I can't seem to get around it.
    Basically, you are recruited into your school's Paranormal Investigation Club by the Club President. It appears that everyone in the club, including you, possesses a supernatural ability(or even two).
    The club recieves information on mysteries from time to time. It starts from mysteries around the school, before advancing beyond. I intend for the RP to include mixed mythology.
    Please help my dragons

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Sparks View Post
    I have a new RP idea but I can't seem to get around it.
    Basically, you are recruited into your school's Paranormal Investigation Club by the Club President. It appears that everyone in the club, including you, possesses a supernatural ability(or even two).
    The club recieves information on mysteries from time to time. It starts from mysteries around the school, before advancing beyond. I intend for the RP to include mixed mythology.
    Just out of curiosity, what do you mean by mixed mythology? I love mythological stiff, but im not really into ghosts/vampires/werewolves.......which is what it sounds like you're getting at...
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me or take a look at the information in my profile.

@Ansem: While those may be included(you get to choose your character's species), by 'mixed mythology' I mean that the RP will be filled with concepts, creatures and (I'm still thinking aboutincluding) gods from different mythology.
    Please help my dragons

I actually have the same type of RP written up...

Mine also includes a type of paranormal group that are special because they have their own powers. Their goal is to combat supernatural beasts, which would include anything from demons and ghosts to mythological beasts.

I find it funny that they are so similar. XD

[Not Made by Me]

Would anyone be interest in a digimon RPG ?

★ goldensteambun

looking for TRU or Movie11 Shaymin on Gen 5 game, please PM me for offer

Quote Originally Posted by goldensteambun View Post
    Would anyone be interest in a digimon RPG ?
    I would! I haven't done one in forever. :3

I love those digimon, Digital Monster. I might join depending on how my RPGs are going but I'm certainly interested.
    Let's eat Grandma!
    Let's eat, Grandma!
    Commas saves lives.

I dressed two of my Pokémon this time. This is Muscle and Bunny my lovely-dovey pair. I hope you are loved this Valentine's Day.

During tests people:
    Look up for inspiration
    Down in desperation
    Left and right for information

Page 44 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast