Page 47 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1507

Thread: RPG Ideas and Wishes

Well, I'd reccomend including Kyurem somehow. And perhaps throw in an evil organisation or something

Kyurem will certainly be included, but I'm as of yet unsure what its role will be. As for the evil organization, I think the players will have their hands full with the civil war.

Unless this is a joke. :P

Spoiler:- Creds:

Y Friend Code: 1650-2192-8516
    Fairy Safari: Togepi, Swirlix, Floette

Nah, I was being serious. It could be like a band of thieves who worship the legend of Kyurem, the remains of the two heroes or somethnig

It'd be interesting. But yeah, just checking to see if there's any interest in the idea. Apparently there is. Huzzah!

Well, this is just me. It is probably going to die out before it gets awesome if no one else show interest

That is a pretty cool interpretation of that legend! Although on the issue of Kyurem, he might not have been known about at the time the game starts, since the brothers would have been the only human witnesses and might not have noticed him in their argument. So he would make for a cool mysterious Pokemon causing trouble. After all, Kyurem must have done something terrifying for the city of Lacunosa to hold onto their superstitious traditions for so long.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Fluer Noir- A story of a black flower, a shameful history, and magic.

What if mysterious mentioned gang of thieves or whatever, somehow gained control over it, and did it on purpose, for some reason?

I'm honestly not sure what to do with Kyurem. There are a lot of really cool applications for it, but the hardest part is going to be working in WHY the brothers never noticed it when the Beast of Legend sundered itself.

Also I've got a nifty little system I thought you all might like hearing about.

See, every Knight has a partner Pokemon that they are bound to for life. The Knight and his Pokemon live, eat, train, and work together as a team. Now, when a trainee is about reach full Knighthood, he and his partner must, as a final test, ascend the Victor's Passage (aka Victory Road) to prove their worth. If they succeed, they are granted full Knighthood, and the Knight is gifted with a special item that contains a portion of their partner's power - I'm calling these artifacts Weapons and Armor. Each Knight has one or the other, and the item is imbued with the latent offensive or defensive abilities of the Knight's partner. A Knight wielding a war axe in the image of a Haxorus, for example, would be able to utilize Haxorus’ Mold Breaker ability, and be able to cleave through any object, regardless of physical properties. A Knight wearing Armor modeled on a Ferrothorn would be protected by a thick layer of spikes, as well as a powerful Protect shield.

There are multiple applications of this. A Vanniluxe spear made of ice that allows one to actually use the move Icicle Spear. A Zebstrika lance with Lightningrod, which absorbs Electric attacks and feeds them back into your Zebstrika who has Motor Drive which makes it faster. An Amoonguss shield with Effect Spore that causes those who strike it to become paralyzed. Hundreds of possibilities.

those examples are awesome!

I still cling to my suggestion on Kyurem though. lol
    Perhaps they were too busy fighting each others that they did not notice that Kyurem remained after Reshiram and Zekrom were seperated. and the Kyurem-clan or whatever, wants to use Kyurem in order to destroy the two kingdoms or something

Quote Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
    those examples are awesome!

I still cling to my suggestion on Kyurem though. lol
    Perhaps they were too busy fighting each others that they did not notice that Kyurem remained after Reshiram and Zekrom were seperated. and the Kyurem-clan or whatever, wants to use Kyurem in order to destroy the two kingdoms or something
    Possibly. Right now my main focus is trying to sort out the actual region details. What's medieval Unova supposed to look like, amirite?

Also, if anyone here has experience as a GM, please send me a message. I'd love to head this myself, but I just can't be online enough. I need a co-GM or two. If you're willing to give me a hand, please let me know!

Medieval Unova = Castles, caves and villages. simple as that. lol watch some Game of Thrones for inspiration.
    What's a GM anyways? I could possibly do it, but I dislike responsibility

Not actually simple as that. Certain towns wouldn't exist due to environmental factors (like how if I was a medieval peasant, if I saw a cave full of floating rocks, I'd probably think it's cursed and get the hell out of there, so no Mistralton because nobody would have gone through Chargestone and Twist Mountain is liable to have not yet been conquered), as well as canon issues (such as Nacrene being founded inside a bunch of abandoned warehouses). Also keeping in mind the amount of ruins in Unova, and you have to try and decide what exactly they were supposed to be without conflicting already existing information and somehow still making them unique and interesting.

TL;DR - World-building is hard.

If you dislike responsibility, GMing sure ain't for you. It's short for Game Master, and it's a general term for anybody who is charge of an RP.

Or.. They hiked over the mountains as the badarse people they were during that time, instead of being lazy, digging their way through. and the towns were simple huts back then, not warehouses, etc. And the ruins give so much to work on! Like the Regi-ruins, relic castle, abyssal ruins, which probably existed on land back then, etc.

Yeah, no. I think i'll stick with joining if it works out
    And I love world-building. backgroundhistories and made up legends. awesome

I'm up for that RP if you decide to go through with it. I think that I can help with the world building, but I have no experience as a GM. What would you do with the underwater ruins near Undella Town?
    Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill
    Quote Originally Posted by zomegax7249
    So now it's not enough that we beat the NPCs, now we have to steal their clothes as well? Isn't this basically mugging them?
    Suddenly the aim of the Pokémon games is apparent. It isn't to catch them all, or to be the best trainer, or to learn about the values of friendship with strange monsters that can breathe fire and whatnot.

It's to beat up other people for their hats and jackets.
    3DS FC: 0018-1095-7707
    Friend Safari: Pancham, Mankey, and Breloom
    Accepting any except for Electric
    PM me before you add me

I imagine the Abyssal Ruins wouldn't be under water, Relic Castle wouldn't be under the sand, and Dragon Spiral Tower wouldn't be falling apart. Other than those three places I don't see why we need to use established towns. You could say these are villages that simply used to exist and were destroyed during the war or just disappeared over time.

EDIT: I have GM experience but dislike it. Doesn't mean I won't help if you want me to.
    3DS Friend Code: 1118-0538-5698
    Twitter/ Tumblr /Secret Base

I think that Celestial Tower would still exist, but some of the towns would probably have been far smaller (Castelia City), or simply not have been there at all (Anville Town). Most of the caves will probably still exist, but the Legendary Pokemon are likely roaming about as civilization had not come as far. Things do not have a habit of just up and disappearing over time; they usually resurface after people try to build where they once were.

Because Relic Castle and Abyssal Ruins could resemble castles built by rather deranged architects, they could serve as the estranged brothers' bases, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill
    Quote Originally Posted by zomegax7249
    So now it's not enough that we beat the NPCs, now we have to steal their clothes as well? Isn't this basically mugging them?
    Suddenly the aim of the Pokémon games is apparent. It isn't to catch them all, or to be the best trainer, or to learn about the values of friendship with strange monsters that can breathe fire and whatnot.

It's to beat up other people for their hats and jackets.
    3DS FC: 0018-1095-7707
    Friend Safari: Pancham, Mankey, and Breloom
    Accepting any except for Electric
    PM me before you add me

Abyssal Ruins, Relic castle etc. (not Celestial Tower, as it's only one tower) could have been old cities, or villages surrounding them, and could have housed important characters to this RPG. And Legendaries could me a lot more mythical than in the prescence.

I'm still working on the locations, but everyone's suggestions have been noted. Also, Guywhoiam, I appreciate the offer, but if you don't want to co-GM I'll find someone else. It's not a major issue.

I vote for Wayjun for CO-thingy!
    This sounds pretty cool, and I can't wait until it hopefully comes to life.
    How do you plan the SU's to be, though?

Actually, if anyone has further questions, kindly send me a VM or PM. I don't want derail this thread.

Okay, I'll rather do that.

Quote Originally Posted by shiningsloth13 View Post
    Actually, if anyone has further questions, kindly send me a VM or PM. I don't want derail this thread.
    But this is the most active this thread has been in a while. xD lol.

Well, I just don't want all the focus to be on one of my ideas. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who have stories and ideas which are just as fun and interesting!

^ That's true.. How are things going anyway?

I have an idea, I don't know if it can get pulled off, but I might as well share it since I've put some thought into it already: A hybrid of Pokemon and Bioshock. Well, to be more clear, I'm taking the undersea city of Rapture and tossing it into the Pokemon world. After all, the violent, spliced-up Mewtwo had been around for a decade before Bioshock was released. In fact, Mew, or at least its DNA, play a key role in Providence City, my PokeWorld equivalent to Rapture. I need help, though, on working out some details:

First of all, the founding of Providence, the big question being the "why." Objectivism is still my best bet, but how would that philosophy be different in the Pokemon world? I have an idea of how Providence would have much looser restrictions on Pokemon battles and such, being not bound by rules laid out by the Pokemon League. Of course, only deep-ocean and perhaps urban Pokemon would be common, but is that too restricting? My current story idea is that Providence was secretly constructed following the events of Black and White, where the Pokemon equivalent of Andrew Ryan got scared of Pokemon Liberation becoming a reality (He probably made his fortune in the training industry). Not wanting to risk being at the mercy of the League and its petty rules, he decided to secretly begin construction on Providence, a city free of intervention from the Global Pokemon League, over-arching body responsible for laying out the rules on Pokemon training and battling.

Secondly, ADAM. It's replaced with a nasty concoction known as DMG. By altering Mew cells with energy from a large asteroid fished out from the ocean depths near Providence, scientists were able to create a compound allowing for the easy spicing of DNA. The Pokemon training industry took advantage of this breakthrough to create both Ability Serums and Splicer Machines, or SMs. The former enable any Pokemon to obtain certain abilities. The latter function like TMs, except are able to be used on any Pokemon to learn the move. Unfortunately, the drawbacks are high. Much like a certain earlier experiment with Mew DNA, individuals become more and more violent and aggressive the more they are spliced. And while it was discovered that humans could use Serums and SMs, the alterations made to accommodate the newfound powers can be disfiguring or outright painful, not to mention an accelerated mental instability.

Since Mews are in short supply, Youngsters were created: young children genetically altered to produce the alteration cells necessary to create DMG. To keep them safe each of them is entusted with a heavily spliced, generally very powerful Pokemon generally referred to as Protectors. As the Youngsters (boy or girl) are psychically altered to perceive themselves as simply travelling with their protector Pokemon. They don't see the city slowly tearing itself apart; they live mentally sheltered, gleefully participating in "Pokemon battles" and stopping at "Pokemon Centers" to have MU (the name for the compound that allows Mew to use Transform, far more effective than what Ditto produces) extracted to produce more DMG for more Ability Serums and SMs.

Oh, and did I mention there's a civil war between the founder of Providence and an enigmatic leader of a lower-class uprising simply called Gigas?

Well, that's mostly the gist of what I have so far. Any suggestions/ideas for Serums or SMs/whatever will be very much appreciated
    I'm sorry, were you expecting some kind of epic signature here?

Current works:
    A Modern Atlantis- Bioshock/Doctor Who crossover (FINALLY WRITING CHAPTER 3! Will post soon!)
    -When a perfectly mundane trip to the ocean floor causes the Doctor and his companions to discover an underwater city, they find a utopia that is anything but. (Rated PG-14 for language and violence)

Page 47 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast