Page 55 of 61 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1507

Thread: RPG Ideas and Wishes

Got some ideas, which I DO plan to do. Eventually. I never throw an idea out then not do it, assuming it's plausible.

1. Sonic based RP taking place in Sol with some modifications. This is about to be launched and is in the final stages of work. Just mentioning it for the heck of it. This one will be epic.

2. Winx Club based RP. Set like five, ten or even a hundred years after the show, so as to not mess with it because it's ongoing. A new bad guy/girl threatens Magix and it's up to new students to save it. This will probably be done in multiple parts, a part for each year of school. The players will likely be truants, or there wouldn't be much focus on the school aspect.

3. A .hack GU RP. The entirety of it takes place in the game. Nobody cares what you look like IRL or what your IRL history is. Players will be logging onto the game and that's where the RP takes place. This basically requires you to have played the game, or watched the anime. Just design your character and get mixed up in the mayhem. The game itself is basically PVP gankfest/grindfest, so that's not going to be the focus. Lots of issues to be worked out, like how overpowered Rogues are compared to other characters, and Avatars.

4. A Golden Sun based RP. Always wanted to do this, never had ideas. Never finished the DS game. This would be an entirely new world map, and just the Psyenergy ("magic") and summons would be used. Easy to get into, once the map is made. -.-

5. A Xenosaga based RP. Futuristic setting. Humans live mostly in space. You'd have to have played the series to really understand this.

Any interest so I can prioritize after Sonic?

Banner by the illustrious Avenger Angel

Bronislav is my Name and 1984 is my Birth year. If you can't say my name, just call me Bron or Slavik.

@Bron; I like the idea of a Golden Sun RPG I think a lot of fun could be had with that.

I'm considering doing an RPG based on the twelve archetypes, I'm not sure what the overall plot would be but I know how the characters would interact with said future plot.

tumblr.|lastfm.
    3239-4598-6259

Ok so I will work on Golden Sun after Winx then, since I had kinda been set on that.

What archetypes are you talking about though, Beirut? There's only four elements, unless you mean mixes which are complicated and require a lot of the Djinn "animals" to be caught.

Bronislav is my Name and 1984 is my Birth year. If you can't say my name, just call me Bron or Slavik.

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    Ok so I will work on Golden Sun after Winx then, since I had kinda been set on that.

What archetypes are you talking about though, Beirut? There's only four elements, unless you mean mixes which are complicated and require a lot of the Djinn "animals" to be caught.
    I mean archetypes as in the ones seen here. Where everyone would have to make a character based on one of those twelve types of characters. I'm considering making it RPGesqe, with four different classes, although I'm not sure.

tumblr.|lastfm.
    3239-4598-6259

Oh, I was confused for a bit. Thought you meant that in relation to Golden Sun. Anyway that looks complicated, and a little restricting. People usually don't like to be confined to roles.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 1st December 2013 at 6:44 AM.

I don't know Bron, I've had some success with predetermined classes/occupations in RPGs, as long as you give enough options, most people can find something they’re happy with. The order involved with classes can also help keep the RPG from falling apart (even your current TT:FI has this going for it).
    Problematic Paranormal Files

(Psssssttt... hey, you, yah you, HOLIDAYS2014 - 10% off $15+)
    The Gravity Falls Fanclub | My Twitter: @CleverKraken

Today's Fact: When communicating, dolphins use a signature whistle to let others know who's singing.

Falling apart, or having predetermined occupations? If you mean the former, yea it's winding down and was a bit too open to keep people entertained long. I *might* redo it again at some point with more order. If we can't finish it, it's close enough to ending that it can be safely epilogued.

I meant it had classes (civilian hero, mutant hero, super hero, mutant villian, super villian) and that they were acturally helping it stay together, because of the rules involved in how each set of characters can act. I know it's winding down, but it's been going for a long time, completed a plot arc, and you should consider it sucessful. I don't think you need to make it any stricter (as that can end an RPG quickly), but you can use the things you've learn to make minor adjustments to any future versions.

As for my projects, I think I've got to make a map of Starfish Island, sometimes it's hard to discribe a location without a visual to work from.

Today's Fact: When communicating, dolphins use a signature whistle to let others know who's singing.

Oh I see what you mean. Yea, definitely. I learned a lot from it though, and it's definitely been successful. The completed plot arc kinda had to be axed prematurely though, and I had intended Shade to be the final boss to end the RP. It feels a bit incomplete. I'm not going to make it any stricter in future versions, just more organized. Especially in what I expect from whoever picks up Shade in the new version. Or she will be my NPC that I play when I need to.

What is Starfish Island? I hope I don't offend when I say this, but you're running two RPs and I think you should let them end/die before starting up more.

Lol, it's back on the last page, I'm working on an Adventure Time RPG and one called Castaways of Starfish Island. I don't intend to start them yet, as they aren't even half written, but I'm certainly capable of running three RPGs if I really want to (which I don't, but that's not the point).

Would anyone be in the slightest interested in a Magi: Labyrinth of Magic and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon crossover? I don't have a clue as to what the plot would be, but it would have something to do with the labyrinths/dungeons.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill
    Quote Originally Posted by zomegax7249
    So now it's not enough that we beat the NPCs, now we have to steal their clothes as well? Isn't this basically mugging them?
    Suddenly the aim of the Pokémon games is apparent. It isn't to catch them all, or to be the best trainer, or to learn about the values of friendship with strange monsters that can breathe fire and whatnot.

It's to beat up other people for their hats and jackets.
    3DS FC: 0018-1095-7707
    Friend Safari: Pancham, Mankey, and Breloom
    Accepting any except for Electric
    PM me before you add me

Quote Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
    Would anyone be in the slightest interested in a Magi: Labyrinth of Magic and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon crossover? I don't have a clue as to what the plot would be, but it would have something to do with the labyrinths/dungeons.
    I've never heard of the first thing, but I can get into a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Game.

A PMD RP sounds cool, though I do nto know what that other thingy os, but that's not important. lol

Magi is difficult to explain in a reasonable way, but it's a shounen manga and a fantasy one. In that world, dungeons have been popping up everywhere, and people, if they go in there, often die without obtaining the treasure. The treasure is a "metal vessel" (djinn equip), which is earned once you beat the final boss (djinn) of the dungeon. It's a magical equip, like a piece of armor or a sword, that falls under a "household" (the person with the leader, I guess, of some metal vessels). The world would be: humans are Pokemon trainers and Pokemon cannot communicate with humans, and the creatures in the dungeons would be neither pokemon nor human, and the whatever at the end would likely be a Legendary Pokemon. The first person to complete the dungeon (the leader would be chosen through a RNG) would get the equip. There would be, of course, political unrest and the unscrupulous, those that send in armies to get the thing for them. In theory, at least to me, this sounds like a good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill
    Quote Originally Posted by zomegax7249
    So now it's not enough that we beat the NPCs, now we have to steal their clothes as well? Isn't this basically mugging them?
    Suddenly the aim of the Pokémon games is apparent. It isn't to catch them all, or to be the best trainer, or to learn about the values of friendship with strange monsters that can breathe fire and whatnot.

It's to beat up other people for their hats and jackets.
    3DS FC: 0018-1095-7707
    Friend Safari: Pancham, Mankey, and Breloom
    Accepting any except for Electric
    PM me before you add me

So I'm working on an RP that has a Pokemon-in-place-of-people concept, but set in an urban city in the Roaring Twenties. Would anyone be interested in something like that?
    I have claimed Nuzleaf

Current Chapter Progress: Chapter IV, 10% complete
    Second Place: Best Pokemon-Centric, 2013 Fanfiction Awards
    Credit goes to Brutaka for the banner

Quote Originally Posted by GingerDixie View Post
    So I'm working on an RP that has a Pokemon-in-place-of-people concept, but set in an urban city in the Roaring Twenties. Would anyone be interested in something like that?
    It's an interesting concept, but it depends on the main story for me. Do you have a plot written out for it?
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

Someone poked me recently about a Pokemon Trainer Academy RPG idea that I had put in my profile here. I still think that could be lots of fun and having been reminded of it, I can recall at least one possible plot arc for such a setting that was somewhat like the first Harry Potter book (there's a part of the school that's recently been forbidden from students for reasons unstated and some suspicious things are going on). Would anyone like to see this put together?

Although, if I were to run an academy type game, I really need the assistance of somebody that's actually good at Pokemon battles to run those kind of classes and monitor the battles. I'd love to handle other world-building classes like history, mythology, literature, arts, Pokemon care, and social studies (even magic if enough people are interested in mixing that in too), but if it's going to be a Trainer academy, it'd be better if the person playing the battle club leader/coach/teacher knew what they were writing about most of the time, ha ha.
    Last edited by Ysavvryl; 15th January 2014 at 10:47 PM. Reason: typos
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Fluer Noir- A story of a black flower, a shameful history, and magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysavvryl View Post
    Someone poked me recently about a Pokemon Trainer Academy RPG idea that I had put in my profile here. I still think that could be lots of fun and having been reminded of it, I can recall at least one possible plot arc for such a setting that was somewhat like the first Harry Potter book (there's a part of the school that's recently been forbidden from students for reasons unstated and some suspicious things are going on). Would anyone liek to see this put together?
    I would liek to see this put together.

Although, if I were to run an academy type game, I really need the assistance of somebody that's actually good at Pokemon battles to run those kind of classes and monitor the battles. I'd love to handle other world-building classes like history, literature, arts, and social studies (even magic if enough people are interesting in mixing that in too), but if it's going to be a Trainer academy, it'd be better if the person playing the battle club leader/coach/teacher knew what they were writing about most of the time, ha ha.
    I'm only competent at Pokemon Battles, and I'd rather be a student, but I can try it if no one else wants the job.
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 15th January 2014 at 10:53 PM.

Yeah, Ysavvryl, I don't play in a lot of the pokemon RPGs, but that sounds like fun. I could probably play a teacher if it's helpful.

I'd kind of like to make an RPG with a Gravity Falls sort of vibe, crazy paranormal, mixed with some emotional bombs and serious logical stuff, and a underlying conspiracy that runs through the whole thing. (I have no hope for an actual Gravity Falls RPG until the series ends, due to the constant character development and plot twists, that and being locked into needing canon characters is annoying) So, I guess it’d kind of be a ‘Mystery Club/Business’ scenario.
    - Maybe a tabloid, were we start to realize some of the stuff we’re researching is real?

@Monster Guy, lol, you keeping my typos. Okay, I'll keep you in mind; I just don't trust myself to work as a battle teacher after all the errors I make even with having Serebii's information right here.

@VampirateMace: Yeah, a few people playing teachers would be helpful. As for Gravity Falls, not sure what that is, but I like the paranormal and emotional/logical bombs. And would be different to be playing as tabloid writers.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Fluer Noir- A story of a black flower, a shameful history, and magic.

Ysavvryl:
    Gravity Falls is a Disney cartoon series where these two kids (twins, boy and girl) are staying with their great uncle (roadside attraction con artist) for the summer, in this town were weird paranormal stuff happens on a regular basis. And there's all sorts of hidden messages and stuff in the show, leading to fan theories and conspiracys (like the great uncle maybe having a twin). - Anyways, the direction I've started leaning for the RPG (tabloid), really has very little to do with that show, aside from some common themes; paranormal, conspiracy, ect... so I won't be refering to it, and no understanding of it will be nessecary, this really will be it's own story.

I've recently been reading a few comics a friend has lent me, and it's made me sorta wanna do a Superhero RP, not quite sure what sort though, but maybe a Superhero Hunger games sorta thing.

I've only got a few ideas as of now, but before I start working on them, would anyone be interested in something superhero related?

I have an idea, but I can't post it, and I don't know why. Any help is needed. Any time I try to post the thread, it keeps restricting it. The only things that come to mid is the URL I used in one area, and the bolds I used. Other than that, there is nothing wrong. Please give me some assistance.

It sounds like you're using inappropriate language and post links that aren't allowed. In general only image and wiki links are allowed on Serebii.

However this is NOT a help thread, it's for posting the actural idea you have for an RPG, and getting feedback.

I'd be overjoyed if anyone were to make a Darker than Black RP.

Page 55 of 61 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 ... LastLast