Page 4 of 60 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: RPG Ideas and Wishes

annyone here known with the universe of discworld?
    or terry pratchet in general.

RPGs from this world be it ankh morpok or from the wee free hills. would just be hillariosly funny, considering the irony in every happening and the impossibel plausibility. and what of a run in with the godess of scissors or lost things.

im gonna try to make a signupp after a while and some digging in my own head. and try to make it availabel to ppl who havent read the books, althou some of the jokes and the langugage will be lost on them.

reading the Bromeliad (Truckers, Diggers, and Wings) right now, maybe making an RPG of this to.

Well, the BLEACH RPG I've been talking about since 2006 is finally done. I've had to retcon it so many times, I thought I'd never be able to get it out until after the series came to an end. Here's a basic summary:

It's been six months since the end of the Winter War. In the fallout, Aizen is dead and the captains who followed him into the abyss are now improsoned in the Maggot's Den. Things pretty much return to the way they were before. But it doesn't stay that way for very long.

A group of Arrancar, disillusioned by the war and forced to scour the human world in search of souls to make a meal out of come across an ancient artifact in Soul Society's history, the hilt of the Zanpakuto of the Spirit King. It alone bearing the power of the Sokyoku, which alone is as powerful as a million Zanpakuto, it transforms these weak Arrancar into beings beyond the level of Espada who are even more in sync with their Shinigami side than their counterparts six monthe prior. These new MenosEspada then learn of the ten other shards scattered across the globe, which sends Soul Society on high alert status. For if the shards of the blade are located and the sword is reconstructed, the wielders would gain the powers of a god. But are the MenosEspada really in control, or is someone in the shadows pulling the strings?
    If you're looking for a confidence boost in Marvel VS Capcom 3, Halo Reach or TF2, look me up.
    Pokemon White Friend Code: 2794-9939-9096
    I use "uber" Pokemon in allotted tiers, I calculate stat values, I draw the line at cheating devices, I breed my way to perfection, and I care about natures. I breed my Pokemon out of the most ideal parental stock, and treat them like brainless drones made out of bits of data. I believe that thinking of them as anything more is pointless.

I'm thinking of making a pokémon version of a somewhat different story from Pirates of the Caribian xD
    I've got some questions where you people can help me with:
    1: Shall i use trainers with pokemon or just full pokemon?
    2: Shall i do it like this?
    1 ship with around 6 main pokémon/humans working for the Blackheads(Evil)
    1 ship with around 6 main pokémon/Humans working for the BoneHeads(Evil)
    1 ship with around 7 main pokémon/Humans working for Captain Gaia(Kinda good)
    3: I'm thinking of letting the Blackheads and Boneheads have a rivalry while Captain Gaia and crew are getting between the fight while sometimes the navy appear.
    Somebody up for helping me?

Also:
    I'm thinking of letting the Fountain of Youth, the Treasure of Quatzaliq and more mysteries playing roles to.
    Ophiuchus: White

I've come up with a few ideas for future RPG's. Currently I'm doing The City of Dust, so none of these will appear for a while anyway, but I'd still like to know which one piques your interest, if any.

Cowboy Bebop: Jupiter Blues [PG-15]
    Takes place in the universe created by the Cowboy Bebop anime, but has no connections to the characters and events that happen within the show itself. In an era of hyperspace travel and intergalactic crime, "space cowboys"--that is, bounty hunters--are in vogue, as the police can't manage to suppress criminals throughout the galaxy. Players will be able to sign up as either bounty hunters or criminals with bounties on their heads, and the majority of the RPG's dynamic will consist of inter-planetary persecutions and fights. However, a terrorist organization's attempts to use the hyperspace Gate for their own purposes may unite the opposing sides against a common enemy later in the story.

Darker than BLACK [R]
    While based on the anime Darker than BLACK, this RPG assumes that the show's events and characters never occur, instead simply working off of the premise. After "Hell's Gate", an inexplicable phenomenon that defies the principles of physics, appeared in Tokyo, a sizeable portion of the city has been sealed off. What the general public is largely unaware of, however, is that the appearance of "Hell's Gate" has also given a handful of humans special abilities; they are known as Contractors, and in exchange for their powers have lost much of their morality. Players can sign up as police officers who attempt to hunt down violent Contractors or Contractors themselves, as both factions attempt to sieze control of "Hell's Gate" for their own purposes.

Survival [PG-15]
    A high school Biology class trip to the rainforest goes horribly awry. During their stay in a jungle lodge, a terrorist revolt breaks out, and the majority of the class is taken hostage by the organization. Six students stay behind and manage to elude capture by chance. However, they are now isolated and unlikely to be rescued until the country's situation settles down, for which they must learn to survive alone. The RPG will have limited sign-ups (likely six) and focus on character interaction as well as day-to-day activities, as the stranded students struggle to survive and perhaps escape to civilization, or even attempt to rescue their peers.

These Golden Years [R]
    This RPG takes place in an idealized, heavily mythological version of ancient-world Eurasia. Heroes, creatures and weapons of yore exist, along with magic and divination. Players will sign up as individuals from various ancient European or Asian cultures who for one reason or another are searching for the sacred treasure: the Philosopher's Stone, of which there are countless tales and legends. In their travels they will encounter many other groups who wish to take the mythical substance for themselves, as well as overcome a myriad of challenges.

wow NPC you got some awesome ideas i hope you'll atleast work out the last 1 that one was really good thought about!

Okay…so I had this idea for a pokemon rpg called Pokemon G.U.A.R.D (Gyms of Unari Against Relentless Devastation). I know, the name’s kinda cheesy, but it’s the best I could come up with. I’m not very good at heading up rp’s so anyone feel free to take this idea and make it into one.

Location: Unari region (just thought of it because it fit in the name.)

Plot:
    so basically the eight gym leaders of the Unari region are part of a secret organization meant to protect the people from the evil Team Razor. The leaders of this top secret organization are the Elite Four. They send the gym leaders on certain missions to try and stop Team Razor.

Good Guys:

The gym leaders (8 or 9 in total depending on whether there is a co-op gym like twins, or brother and sister, or something…)

The elite four (4 in total, needs to specialize in different types from the 8 or 9 gym leaders)

Bad Guys:

The head of team Razor who runs Razor Corp. (1 person)

Admins (3 or 4 people)

Grunts (as many as needed)

And that’s pretty much my idea in a nutshell. If anyone decides to use it, they can make up the town names, and gym types, ect. This is just a rough outline of the idea.

I dunno how many good, active RPers are around here; most of the sign-ups I see... don't really appeal to me. ^^() Or else they've been filled up for months and there's no way to squeeze in. xD And a lot of the Pokemon RP's I'm part of on other sites sort of dissolve as more careless players join and decline to put any time or effort into their posts...

But I see a lot of pretty intelligent, literate people on this thread, so I'm considering tossing out an idea I've been toying with for an RP for a little while... and see what people think? If there's no interest, that's cool, too~

Spoiler:- The Curse of Mt. Coronet: Plot!:

(Edited 'cause I wanted to post a slightly less-condensed version of the plot. This one's as least regulation length. ^^())
    Last edited by EmberGryphon; 28th May 2009 at 3:21 AM.

Art and banner by me | Click it to visit my Pokemon fanart gallery!

Quote Originally Posted by zandgaia
    I'm thinking of making a pokémon version of a somewhat different story from Pirates of the Caribian xD
    I've got some questions where you people can help me with:
    1: Shall i use trainers with pokemon or just full pokemon?
    2: Shall i do it like this?
    1 ship with around 6 main pokémon/humans working for the Blackheads(Evil)
    1 ship with around 6 main pokémon/Humans working for the BoneHeads(Evil)
    1 ship with around 7 main pokémon/Humans working for Captain Gaia(Kinda good)
    3: I'm thinking of letting the Blackheads and Boneheads have a rivalry while Captain Gaia and crew are getting between the fight while sometimes the navy appear.
    Somebody up for helping me?

Also:
    I'm thinking of letting the Fountain of Youth, the Treasure of Quatzaliq and more mysteries playing roles to.
    You should probably go for trainers with Pokémon, since managing a ship with Pokémon can be a sort of tricky affair; let's not forget that Fire-types would be at a disadvantage (and Water-types at an advantage) all the time, as well.

Having factions in RPG's can be a little challenging because there's constant conflict. If this is your first RPG or close to it, I recommend you do it as a single crew, or at least limit the number of factions to two. The idea of the Navy appearing occasionally is definitely a good one.

By the way, it would be the Treasure of Quetzalcoatl. Hard to remember, I know. Thanks for giving me feedback on my ideas, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by SapphireBeautifly
    Okay…so I had this idea for a pokemon rpg called Pokemon G.U.A.R.D (Gyms of Unari Against Relentless Devastation). I know, the name’s kinda cheesy, but it’s the best I could come up with. I’m not very good at heading up rp’s so anyone feel free to take this idea and make it into one.

Location: Unari region (just thought of it because it fit in the name.)

Plot: so basically the eight gym leaders of the Unari region are part of a secret organization meant to protect the people from the evil Team Razor. The leaders of this top secret organization are the Elite Four. They send the gym leaders on certain missions to try and stop Team Razor.

Good Guys:

The gym leaders (8 or 9 in total depending on whether there is a co-op gym like twins, or brother and sister, or something…)

The elite four (4 in total, needs to specialize in different types from the 8 or 9 gym leaders)

Bad Guys:

The head of team Razor who runs Razor Corp. (1 person)

Admins (3 or 4 people)

Grunts (as many as needed)

And that’s pretty much my idea in a nutshell. If anyone decides to use it, they can make up the town names, and gym types, ect. This is just a rough outline of the idea.
    Pretty Kids Next Door name you've got going on there. Something that you need to consider when creating a whole new region for an RPG is that you'll need to outline things such as the region's geography, towns and such if you want it to be competent, meaning that it's a lot of extra work. You may want to consider carrying it out in an existing, established region instead unless you're willing to flesh this Unari region out.

Putting RPers on varying levels of power and command can be tricky. Those on the Elite 4 positions can boss the gym leaders around; the same happens with Team Razor. Furthermore, if you want the plot along to go smoothly, you'll have to at least keep in touch constantly with whoever plays the role of Team Razor leader since he/she will be a key figure in the story's development. Is this is one of your first RPG's, I recommend that you put everyone on the same team, or otherwise avoid giving people 'boss' positions (use NPC's for these instead, if necessary). Either way, it sounds like it could be nice with some fleshing out. There seems to be some kind of gym leader fad in Pokémon RPG's lately...

EmberGryphon: This actually sounds pretty wonderful, and is original as far as Pokémon RPG's go. Don't know how much advice I can give other than go for it. You did mention, however, that in this ancient world people and Pokémon fight side-by-side in wars, but then you went and said that it's a world where humans don't exist yet. Will the players travel further back in time as the RPG progresses, or was that just a brain fart on your part?

They will be traveling further back in time as the RP progresses, yes. And possibly into the future, depending on which direction the playing goes. x3
    But thankyou for the compliment! ^^

Art and banner by me | Click it to visit my Pokemon fanart gallery!

i doubt this is the proper place for it,but i have an old failed RP that i used to own on the old Nsider

the only things i can really say is that it was a Megaman/Sonic RPG

only other thing that i remember is that it had a major amount of characters from both worlds (i think it had every single one,but im not sure)

anyone interested in taking this over? id pefer it be run by any of the most experienced RP runners,though

if i ran it, itd just fail like the last several times i tried to run it

heres the link the last place i ran it:
    http://ssbbuc.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=sama&page=1
    Last edited by Shadow118; 4th June 2009 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NPC View Post
    You should probably go for trainers with Pokémon, since managing a ship with Pokémon can be a sort of tricky affair; let's not forget that Fire-types would be at a disadvantage (and Water-types at an advantage) all the time, as well.

Having factions in RPG's can be a little challenging because there's constant conflict. If this is your first RPG or close to it, I recommend you do it as a single crew, or at least limit the number of factions to two. The idea of the Navy appearing occasionally is definitely a good one.

By the way, it would be the Treasure of Quetzalcoatl. Hard to remember, I know. Thanks for giving me feedback on my ideas, by the way.
    Thanks
    Thinking of Keeping Captain Gaia's crew but then 12 to 16 people(Not users but characters)
    And maybe the Navy (Likely not)
    Made a Main-Character list:
    Ripto crew(Ship of Captain Gaia)
    -Captain Gaia: Captain of the Pirate-Ship Ripto, Is smart and has good leadership. (You'll need a captain like that if you're the hunted downers)
    -KayMaku: Strange person on the Ripto believes are unknown.
    -Bridgette: Cook of the ship and is maybe a bit more dangerous then you would think.
    (update later)
    Navy:
    -Captain Markus Antonius von Flabben: The Rich and Spoiled Captain of the SeaMaid
    -Captain Haku de Akker: A young captain of the Icarus
    -President-Captain mister Tarken: Leader of the Navy who wants the Ripto has his.
    (Update later)
    Locations:
    Ripto:
    Thule: The main island of Ripto
    The SeaDesert: A small desert on the west of Thule
    Coral Beach: South Beach of Ripto
    Café the Seagull: The main meeting spot of Pirates on Thule
    Rain Forest Yuki: A Rainforst on the East of Thule
    (Update later)
    Navy:
    Aruba: Main island of the Navy
    (Can't think of more right now)

I was thinking of making a Digimon RPG based off the third season of Digimon. You know, the most dark and twisted season: Digimon Tamers. I think what I would do was follow the original plot, but have people make up their own Tamers for the RPG?

Or perhaps a sort of sequel to the original plot? Not sure yet. Just wondering what people would think before I actually set about it.

"Get your philosophy from a bumper sticker," ~ Green Day

I have an idea for a somewhat experimental RPG.

Well, the only experimental part of it would be that it'd be more character- than plot-driven. Essentially, each player would RP an individual who, for some reason or another, enlists as crew for an airship, which will travel around a (rather colorful) fantasy world. My character, the captain (in name only), is an artificial being created by a wealthy, now-dead man, entrusted with the mission of combing the world in search of his estranged daughter and deliver his last present to her. In the course of this, however, they will encounter various cities with different cultures and themes, picturesque enemies, ancient ruins with sealed evil within them, and floating islands in the sky. The RPG would be mostly humorous, at least in the beginning, and driven by the motivations of the crew members themselves as they attempt to realize their personal dreams. Slowly, they would uncover a more overarching plot, which, without interefering with character development, would give the story a more fixed focus.

Very basically, One Piece meets Skies of Arcadia. Would anyone be interested in something like this?

I was just thinking, wouldn't it be good if someone made an RPG in which the characters would play as their own pokemon fusions? Of course, the fused pokemon couldn't be legendaries and whatnot, but it would be interesting to play as a pokemon fusion.

The plot would probably be that the fusions are a result of a Team Galactic experiment gone wrong, an experiment where Cyrus was creating his own beings for his new universe he was trying to create. The RPG would take place after the events of platinum and Galactic would have been reformed with Cyrus as it's head once again. The team would be trying to capture the escaped fusions, while the fusions would be trying to hide/ defeat Galactic.

I might make an RPG with this idea, but I've never done it before, so if someone else would like to bulk out the plot so it could be made into an RPG that'd be great. PM me if you want to do that.

There would be some characters playing as the fusions (heroes) and 5 talented RPGers playing as Cyrus, Saturn, Mars, Jupiter and Charon. There would be at least 5 heroes, one for each commander and a few more in case anyone else wanted to join up.

So yeah, if anyone wants to make a bulkier plot for me then PM me with it! The person who did would automatically get a reservation for a place in the RPG and belong to either Saturn, Mars, Jupiter or Charon, as long as I used that plot obviously.
    I have claimed Jynx!

Please click!

Tremble at the adorability of BABY TANGROWTH! Created by the incredibly skilled 705030!

I don't see why Cyrus would make being for the world he wants to create, when ultimately he failed at creating said world. He used the only resource that he knew about within his knowledge and Sinnoh mythology. Hopefully you can incorporate some ideas and something to explain that in the RPG though!

Star-Lord

@ShadoWolfDemon: Is it just me, or are Digimon RPGs the only ones that never seem to come out as either high-quality or non-crossovers? If you can make it work, by all means, go for it. I would love to see someone make something good from our digital friends.

@Hito-shura: Would I ever! One Piece RPGs have never been very prominent on this site, and that dissapoints me, so hearing you wanting to make one so similar made me jump for joy! If you like, I'd even be willing to help get it off the ground. Keep in mind though, that as an original RPG, you'll need to do all the hard work of creating an entirely new world to travel in, as well as rules on skills and abilities if it's got a fantasy feel.

@tumbleweed93: Moogles makes a good point. How was he planning on controlling the new life in this new world? Explain that and you should be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cave Johnson
    When life gives you lemons, make life take the lemons back! I don't want your d*** lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to build me a combustible lemon to BURN LIFE'S HOUSE DOWN!

@Hito-Shura: I'm interested into your plans I would like to give ideas and SU. It looks promoting.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Glove View Post
    @ShadoWolfDemon: Is it just me, or are Digimon RPGs the only ones that never seem to come out as either high-quality or non-crossovers? If you can make it work, by all means, go for it. I would love to see someone make something good from our digital friends.
    No i agree. Most Digimon RPGs have been very.... "meh"... hence why I've only joined one in my time on serebii (and that one ended up dying DX). Shame, such a great show deserves a better set of roleplayers.

Normally, I would incorperate one of my crazier ideas into a digimon rpg, but I think simple is the best way to go for this. Sticking to the general plot of Tamers would make it much easier to follow, and (hopefully) a bit more successful. Still, it will most likely have some sort of twist eventually, but yeah I think I will make a sign up for it around the end of the summer.

I remember playing a Digimon RPG a LONG time ago. It was the first RPG I joined on Serebii about 4 years ago. And I really don't remember seeing any high quality digimon though I've played some pretty good ones or there were some that I've seen but they really didn't interest me. I've thinking about making one myself but I don't think I'll ever follow through with it. Being a Game Master look like a lot of hardwork.

I've did watch the third season of digimon... but out of all of them it was my least favorite season. I don't ask me why I just didn't like it... So do the people playing it get to combine digimon with their digimon like in that season?
    Let's eat Grandma!
    Let's eat, Grandma!
    Commas saves lives.

I dressed two of my Pokémon this time. This is Muscle and Bunny my lovely-dovey pair. I hope you are loved this Valentine's Day.

During tests people:
    Look up for inspiration
    Down in desperation
    Left and right for information

InnerFlame, you might be thinking of the second season. Thats the only one where the digimon can combine with each other. The third season was the one with "Digi-Modify" cards.

@ ShadoWolfDemon: I'd sign-up, but only if you limited it to canon Digimon. I hate it when people make up their own Digimon. Also, I think a sequel would work better, because sometimes RPs with the same plot as the show they're based after get boring. I'd be willing to help you with it.

(Credit for the banner image goes to All0412 from DeviantArt!)

Chapter Three: The Seashore House
    "Do you guys have any milk?"
    "No, but we have soda pop."
    "How about some fresh water?"
    "Fresh out. Would you like a soda pop?"

@Hotshot: Yeah, I was thinking the same thing just recently actually. And yeah, I wouldn't allow made up digimon, period, no matter how good they were.

And in all honesty, I was going to ask for help with it eventually, though I wasn't sure who to ask. Now I'm sitting here typing and your sig JUST hit me. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadoWolfDemon View Post
    @Hotshot: Yeah, I was thinking the same thing just recently actually. And yeah, I wouldn't allow made up digimon, period, no matter how good they were.

And in all honesty, I was going to ask for help with it eventually, though I wasn't sure who to ask. Now I'm sitting here typing and your sig JUST hit me. LOL.
    Haha. Well, I'm here if you need any Digital World 'expertise'. Though I wouldn't call myself an expert, I do possess quite a bit of knowledge and facts on Digimon.

(Credit for the banner image goes to All0412 from DeviantArt!)

Chapter Three: The Seashore House
    "Do you guys have any milk?"
    "No, but we have soda pop."
    "How about some fresh water?"
    "Fresh out. Would you like a soda pop?"

InnerFlame, you might be thinking of the second season. Thats the only one where the digimon can combine with each other. The third season was the one with "Digi-Modify" cards.
    Huh? No I'm not talking about DNA digivolving (I liked the second season) I met when the tamer and digimon combine to become a mega digimon pretty deep into the series. I think it was call Bio-merging (I don't know, I didn't like that season I said).
    Let's eat Grandma!
    Let's eat, Grandma!
    Commas saves lives.

I dressed two of my Pokémon this time. This is Muscle and Bunny my lovely-dovey pair. I hope you are loved this Valentine's Day.

During tests people:
    Look up for inspiration
    Down in desperation
    Left and right for information

Ah, okay, you said "Digimon and Digimon" so i got confused.

But yes, I have an idea to make it work, but if it becomes too complex, then I'll leave it out. If that happens to be the case, I may just change it to a general digimon RPG, but for now I'm gonna say yes, Biomergeing does happen, BUT I will make it optional. There were a couple of Tamers that didn't biomerge, so... yeah. XD

Page 4 of 60 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast