Page 5 of 61 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: RPG Ideas and Wishes

Yeah I did phrase that pretty confuzzling. Well I'm not a big digimon-maniac but I like digimon for the longest time and know a good amount about them (though since you doing the three season I'll probably won't be much help). But feel free to ask me about it if you need the help.
    Let's eat Grandma!
    Let's eat, Grandma!
    Commas saves lives.

Say hello to Rascal, he is a naughty little Articuno but he wants to be a true adventurer one day. Feed him lots of spicy berries and help him grow big and stronger.

During tests people:
    Look up for inspiration
    Down in desperation
    Left and right for information

LOL, wow, i'm surprised for all the help offers, but I actually know a lot about our Digi-friends. Still, i appreciate the offer. I might send you the plot before I post it to get another opinion on it. I'm discussing stuff with Hotshot as well. Between three people, I think I'll be able to manage it.

"Get your philosophy from a bumper sticker," ~ Green Day

Okay, so I've been messing around with this idea for a while now. Just thought I'd post it here to see who's interested.

Anybody interested in sky pirates? I've played a couple of games with sky pirates in them, but they never seem to elaborate on what a sky pirate actually does. So this gave me an idea...

I'm making an RP that takes place in 'semi-post-apocalyptic' setting. Meaning that the world has been ravaged by war. Much of it has been destroyed. The remaining people (about two and a half billion) are split into two groups: the rich and the poor. Now, by rich, I mean really rich. These people make up about 0.5% of the total population. The rest are dirt-poor. Now, what do these super rich people (I haven't decided what I want to call them yet) want to do? They want to become richer, of course. By any means necessary.

Remember when I said there were two groups of people in the world? Well, I lied. There are three. That's where we come in. The Sky Pirates and their legendary (hover-craft; almost like a huge space ship, but for the air) ship, the Behemoth. Led by the infamous Captain Tempest, the Sky Pirates of the Behemoth will do everything in their power to steal from and destroy the rich aristocratic peoples.

So...in a way, we would not be playing as 'heroes', but rather as 'heroic villains'.

I think I'll call it...Scourge of the Skies. Anybody interested/have any questions?
    Last edited by Hotshot; 2nd August 2009 at 9:48 AM.

(Credit for the banner image goes to All0412 from DeviantArt!)

Chapter Three: The Seashore House
    "Do you guys have any milk?"
    "No, but we have soda pop."
    "How about some fresh water?"
    "Fresh out. Would you like a soda pop?"

SKY PIRATES! Dude, that sounds like freaking WIN. XD. (I can't help but think of Final Fantasy XII though.)

I would sign up for it, for sure. Post-apocalyptic things are one of my weaknesses.

Revenant Wings was one of the games. However, this is nothing like it.

We (if this takes off; pardon the pun...hehe...) will be mainly stealing and fending for our lives against soldiers hired by the aristocrats, and pirate-hunters.

I have to say Hotshot, that's sounds like a great idea. And I will join if you go through with it.

Rubi Malone~ "The Crazy Loca Loquita."

Spoiler:- Developers of WET:

Quote Originally Posted by Hotshot View Post
    Okay, so I've been messing around with this idea for a while now. Just thought I'd post it here to see who's interested.

Anybody interested in sky pirates? I've played a couple of games with sky pirates in them, but they never seem to elaborate on what a sky pirate actually does. So this gave me an idea...

I'm making an RP that takes place in 'semi-post-apocalyptic' setting. Meaning that the world has been ravaged by war. Much of it has been destroyed. The remaining people (about two and a half billion) are split into two groups: the rich and the poor. Now, by rich, I mean really rich. These people make up about 0.5% of the total population. The rest are dirt-poor. Now, what do these super rich people (I haven't decided what I want to call them yet) want to do? They want to become richer, of course. By any means necessary.

Remember when I said there were two groups of people in the world? Well, I lied. There are three. That's where we come in. The Sky Pirates and their legendary (hover-craft; almost like a huge space ship, but for the air) ship, the Behemoth. Led by the infamous Captain Tempest, the Sky Pirates of the Behemoth will do everything in their power to steal from and destroy the rich aristocratic peoples.

So...in a way, we would not be playing as 'heroes', but rather as 'heroic villains'.

I think I'll call it...Scourge of the Skies. Anybody interested/have any questions?
    First of all, let me say that I love Pirates. Obviously, sky pirates are just one of the many sub-classifications of Pirates, so I can say I love them too.

Now, let's get down to the point, shall we? The basic gist of the plot is like Robin Hood vs Prince John, only instead of a group of men in green tights lead by an archer with uncanny accuracy, we get a group of men (and possibly women) wearing post-apocolyptic clothing lead by a feared pirate in a giant floating airship.

So how would you classify this? Fantasy? Sci-fi? Is this world similar to, say, Final Fantasy 12 (That one had the sky Pirates, too, right)? Are our characters capable of magical powers, or do they have gadgets such as ray guns to blow each other to tiny bits? Swords, axes, lances, bows... will they be involved, or maybe to a higher level of technicality (ie lightsabers?).

As for the aristocrats, are they using taxes to gain all this wealth? How did they come into power? And could these soldiers perhaps be thier version of the marines?

Basically, I feel like not much is explained. Could I perhaps discuss this whole thing with you by PM?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cave Johnson
    When life gives you lemons, make life take the lemons back! I don't want your d*** lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to build me a combustible lemon to BURN LIFE'S HOUSE DOWN!

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Glove View Post
    First of all, let me say that I love Pirates. Obviously, sky pirates are just one of the many sub-classifications of Pirates, so I can say I love them too.

Now, let's get down to the point, shall we? The basic gist of the plot is like Robin Hood vs Prince John, only instead of a group of men in green tights lead by an archer with uncanny accuracy, we get a group of men (and possibly women) wearing post-apocolyptic clothing lead by a feared pirate in a giant floating airship.

So how would you classify this? Fantasy? Sci-fi? Is this world similar to, say, Final Fantasy 12 (That one had the sky Pirates, too, right)? Are our characters capable of magical powers, or do they have gadgets such as ray guns to blow each other to tiny bits? Swords, axes, lances, bows... will they be involved, or maybe to a higher level of technicality (ie lightsabers?).

As for the aristocrats, are they using taxes to gain all this wealth? How did they come into power? And could these soldiers perhaps be thier version of the marines?

Basically, I feel like not much is explained. Could I perhaps discuss this whole thing with you by PM?
    I've got everything planned out for it (details, plot, weapons, settings), and I was going to unveil those in the sign-up thread later on.

But since you brought it up, I'll do that here, or by PM. First, though, I'll reply to these that have been stated by you here. Our goal is not to help the poor, but rather, to help ourselves. And by helping ourselves, the poor are helped, because we share a common enemy: the aristocrats. These aristocrats are not taxing the people to obtain this wealth. Rather, they are the ones who promised good things to the people, and, when those promised good things didn't come, forced them to work harder.

All of the world's wealth has found its way into the hands of the aristocrats, and, in short, we want it.

It's a little of both Fantasy and Sci-Fi, and the world is the same as ours, only a few hundred years in the future, when it has been utterly destroyed by war.

As for weapons, there will be a fair amount of futuristic ones (such as, say, swords with blades that flare with electrical sparks, or something. Not lightsabers. We're not that far ahead.) The main weapons will probably be guns, but closer-ranged weapons are probably also needed, because guns will only get you so far in close quarters. Captain Tempest has a very large gun (a detachable one that goes where his left forearm would be; cliche for pirates, I know, but that's kinda the point). There are no magic powers.

As for the soldiers of the aristocrats, they are...sort of like the military. So, yeah. I guess they'd be kinda like marines too.

Any further questions? I'd be happy to answer any you might have over PM.
    Last edited by Hotshot; 3rd August 2009 at 10:24 AM.

That sounds AWSUM!

I look forward to seeing/joining it!

Also, question: Since the Skyrates (just made that up ) have large, possibly 300 yard long vessels, could there be smaller craft like jet fighters, and the like, launching from their larger bretheren?

Also, I can't help thinking Skyrates were also in a Miyazaki film...
    Last edited by TomDraco; 3rd August 2009 at 9:50 AM.

Wow...this got a lot more interest than I thought it would...cool.

Quote Originally Posted by TomDraco View Post
    Also, question: Since the Skyrates (just made that up ) have large, possibly 300 yard long vessels, could there be smaller craft like jet fighters, and the like, launching from their larger bretheren?
    Yes, as a matter of fact, but very few. I mean, we aren't exactly rich.

These jet fighters will be capable of holding preferably one person, but two can be carried if the need arises. (As it will, later on...hehe...)

Heh. Personally I think this idea could be brilliant, or bleh, depending on how much effort's put into it. But from what you've said, it seems like this would be a fun rp! I know that once the Sign up thread's out, I'll take a peek at it.

Well, I need to do something here sometime. Not now though!

Quote Originally Posted by ShadoWolfDemon View Post
    No i agree. Most Digimon RPGs have been very.... "meh"... hence why I've only joined one in my time on serebii (and that one ended up dying DX). Shame, such a great show deserves a better set of roleplayers.
    Was that my one?
    'Cos I remember that you signed up for it.

Wait...

This one: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=287922 ?

Because I had a tough choice between choosing this one, or Pokémon : For Them to revive. Chose P:FT in the end. (Obviously)

I'm not initially interested in the Skyrates idea, to be honest. It just doesn't... get me too interested. If the plot was super amazing, I'd reconsider my point of view.

Hopes:

P:FT actually starts, and does not die... too early on, at least. If it does die, I'd consider making it into a FanFic.

A Decent AVATAR RP. Yeah... After I'm done with P:FT, though.
    My thoughts with regards to a Sound type. Comments, feedback, etc, would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    Do french people ride goats freely in their country?

I've got everything planned out for it (details, plot, weapons, settings), and I was going to unveil those in the sign-up thread later on.

But since you brought it up, I'll do that here, or by PM. First, though, I'll reply to these that have been stated by you here. Our goal is not to help the poor, but rather, to help ourselves. And by helping ourselves, the poor are helped, because we share a common enemy: the aristocrats. These aristocrats are not taxing the people to obtain this wealth. Rather, they are the ones who promised good things to the people, and, when those promised good things didn't come, forced them to work harder.

All of the world's wealth has found its way into the hands of the aristocrats, and, in short, we want it.
    So... Basically, we're the good guys because the aristocrats don't keep thier promises, but bad guys because we're really greedy little b*****ds ourselves. Not too noble a cause, but then again, they are pirates. I'm assuming Pirates are basically the poor who are willing to stand up and fight, right?

It's a little of both Fantasy and Sci-Fi, and the world is the same as ours, only a few hundred years in the future, when it has been utterly destroyed by war.

As for weapons, there will be a fair amount of futuristic ones (such as, say, swords with blades that flare with electrical sparks, or something. Not lightsabers. We're not that far ahead.) The main weapons will probably be guns, but closer-ranged weapons are probably also needed, because guns will only get you so far in close quarters. Captain Tempest has a very large gun (a detachable one that goes where his left forearm would be; cliche for pirates, I know, but that's kinda the point). There are no magic powers.
    How could you classify it as fantasy without the presence of magic or monsters? I suppose the whole "flying ship" thing has something to do with it, but it really sounds more like a slightly less advanced and single-planet version of Star Wars. Even then, they had The Force to make it more like a fantasy.

Okay, I'll stop griping about genre. Just one more major question; are the players going to have high roles on the ship (Chef, First/Second Mate, etc), or are those roles taken by NPCs while the player have to work up the ranks?

Quote Originally Posted by TomDraco
    Also, I can't help thinking Skyrates were also in a Miyazaki film...
    They were. Ever see Castle in the Sky? It's suprisingly similar to this plot, although there was a bit more fantasy, a bit less sci-fi, and the world wasn't post-apocolyptic. Actually, the Pirates are really the only similarity. XD
    When life gives you lemons, make life take the lemons back! I don't want your d*** lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to build me a combustible lemon to BURN LIFE'S HOUSE DOWN!

I've been thinking about a The World Ends With You RPG all day. I'll make it myself, but I just thought I'd inquire here to see if anyone would be interested...
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

Unfortunately, TWEWY RPs have been tried several times, and never really got off the ground. If you feel you can make it work, go ahead, though. you'll have my support.

Ah, Sky Pirates. As I have an absolute love for airships of any kind, I have to throw my support at this one, too. I mean, come on. Airships and pirates together? Totally wicked. Like it has been pointed out, though, it should have a justified explanation, which I can see that you're capable of giving.

On the other hand, what I'd really like to see happen is either a Gundam or Transformers RP at some point. I'm sure Gundam's been done somewhere here before, but I just haven't seen/been involved with it. I tried making a Transformers one vaguely based off of Armada and the Unicron saga, but it never got past Sign-ups. I'd like to see somebody do a good RP with one of those properties.
    Friend Code: 5026-5649-8262
    Pokémon X ∙ Animal Crossing
    Friend Safari: Meditite, Pancham, Tyrogue

I'd love a TWEWY RPG. hopefully you can pull it off ^_^, total support man.

Sky Pirates, got me hooked =D

Now for a RPG idea Moogles stylle:

I've been thinking of starting up a Valkyrie Profile RPG. For those who do not know, it's an RPG with lot's of heavy norse mythology references. The basic summary is something will be happening in Midgard (The realm of the mortals). A war we will be sparking through a few a few of the countries for an inheritance dispute. Plus a whole bunch of other events and tidbits that work up to the end of the plot =)

Here's a catch, you're going to be dead. A fallen warrior looking for a place in Valhalla, the realm of great warriors and gods. You have to prove yourself, you have died but you still walk the realm of the living. How is this? Like I said you have to prove yourself to be sent to Valhalla so you walk with the Battle Maiden. Also known as the Valkyrie, for she chooses who is sent up to Valhalla and who is sent to Helheim, (Hell). You must fight along her and other warriors to be official labled Einherjar. Once labled Einherjar you are sent to Valhalla, where they have a war oposing evil forces. Once there you fight, drink and be lucky. Sweet life eh?

I'm gonna bring up a map, and hopefully this can explain some things a bit better. I'm also going to have to type up a pretty large Norse Mythology referece list, plus a list of the gods for they have a pretty strong impact in the RPG.

Warriors have five types of weapons to use. Magic, Swords, Broadswords, Bows, Samurai Swords i.e Kantanas. Magic cause into the following elements; Fire, Ice, Poison, Light, Dark, Thunder. This is only for your basic spells however, Great Magic, obliterating spells can be learned.

So waht do you guys think Y/N?

Star-Lord

I would totally get into a TWEWY rp, but the problem is you'd have to have everyone active, as if your partner isn't just as active as you, well, you can't move on.

Well, I need to do something here sometime. Not now though!

@S_o_S: As much as I love TWEWY, I don't think an RPG here would suit it for the reasons greywolf mentioned. Not to mention, I had some not-so happy experiences trying to move forward. Then again, if anyone can pull it off and make it work...

@Moogles: I played some Valkaryie Profile (and it is a suprisingly fun game, despite my issues with all the darned cutscenes in the beginning), and I think the idea is entirely possible if you (the GM) acts as the Valkaryie herself. However, I don't think you should limit weapon choices to such a small amount. Give the players some creative space there. Well, within reason anyways. Guns don't make sense in this world. XD Same goes for magic. As you can see in several of the games here, a game doesn't always have to stick to the norm to be great.

I've been thinking about a The World Ends With You RPG all day. I'll make it myself, but I just thought I'd inquire here to see if anyone would be interested...
    @Son of Shadows: I will have to agree with the above statements. I was acutally in TWEWY RPG and it lasted for 3-4 pages some people ended up having to go without partners since they wouldn't post or disappeared. The few of us made it go but it ulimately sputtered to a stop... It a bit hard when you have to depend on someone else... maybe if they stop showing up you can replace them or maybe bunny them.
    Let's eat Grandma!
    Let's eat, Grandma!
    Commas saves lives.

Say hello to Rascal, he is a naughty little Articuno but he wants to be a true adventurer one day. Feed him lots of spicy berries and help him grow big and stronger.

During tests people:
    Look up for inspiration
    Down in desperation
    Left and right for information

Okay, I'll stop griping about genre. Just one more major question; are the players going to have high roles on the ship (Chef, First/Second Mate, etc), or are those roles taken by NPCs while the player have to work up the ranks?
    I've already got NPCs who are the captain and first mate, but as for any other role on the ship, anything goes. Chef, doctor, deckhand, whatever.

Note: my main character will be the mechanic for the ship, so that's taken, unless we need another.

I would love to see a TWEWY RPG, though, the two that appeared on here died, and I was in both of them DX.

I will have to agree with the above statements. I was acutally in TWEWY RPG and it lasted for 3-4 pages some people ended up having to go without partners since they wouldn't post or disappeared. The few of us made it go but it ulimately sputtered to a stop... It a bit hard when you have to depend on someone else... maybe if they stop showing up you can replace them or maybe bunny them.
    Ha, yeah, I was the one with the partner that suddenly vanished. It was fail. ><. Perhaps people should sign up as both the people in the pact? that would make more sense for the whole activity thing, though, it would be far less fun DX.

@Elementman-Novapoke: I think it was yours, but, you know... i forget things. XD. In any case if for some reasons P:FT didnt work, i would love to read the fanfiction lol.

Also, I was thinking about an Avatar RPG as well. I sort of wanted to start one, but I never went through with thinking of a plot... Plus now that I created sign ups for my digimon RP, I'm hesitant to make another. Plus I already have commitments to more RPGs. I don't think I could handle GMing another.

@Moogles: I played some Valkaryie Profile (and it is a suprisingly fun game, despite my issues with all the darned cutscenes in the beginning), and I think the idea is entirely possible if you (the GM) acts as the Valkaryie herself. However, I don't think you should limit weapon choices to such a small amount. Give the players some creative space there. Well, within reason anyways. Guns don't make sense in this world. XD Same goes for magic. As you can see in several of the games here, a game doesn't always have to stick to the norm to be great.
    Oh god, like an hour and a half worth of cutscenes at the beggining. I would have to play as the Valkyrie, or else the game would go into shambles. I should give more personalization for weapons, however I got most elements for magic except for wind but idk :/

Star-Lord

I've already got NPCs who are the captain and first mate, but as for any other role on the ship, anything goes. Chef, doctor, deckhand, whatever.

Note: my main character will be the mechanic for the ship, so that's taken, unless we need another.
    Blast. There goes my character plans. (irony, isn't it?) I guess I'll have to come up with something else.

I'm assuming jobs on the ship can be just about anything right? Mechanic, Navigator, Chef, Sniper, Pilot, Deckhand... am I forgetting anything important?

Blast. There goes my character plans. (irony, isn't it?) I guess I'll have to come up with something else.

I'm assuming jobs on the ship can be just about anything right? Mechanic, Navigator, Chef, Sniper, Pilot, Deckhand... am I forgetting anything important?
    Heh, sorry 'bout that. Should'a said that sooner.

Yes, all of those would work. If I think of another, I will add it. I'll probably post the sign-ups...in two days or so.

Has anyone done a Yugioh RPG? Cause I got an idea for one. Just want to check and see if anyone has beat me to the punch.

Page 5 of 61 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast