Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1415

Thread: RPG Ideas and Wishes

@Ysavvyrl - I wouldn't mind RPing in castlevania, but I'm not a big fan of Clue style rping. I like the concept though.

@bronislav84 - I wouldn't know how well the winx idea would work since I have no clue what it is. I like the idea of the 1st and 3rd one though. I might rp in either one of them, but I know that my character bios will be slightly weak since my forte is in pokemon. Everything else is slightly subpar, I'm ashamed to admit.

Credit to MagicMochi for jolteon/leafeon banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Mays View Post
    Hey, I was thinking of giving a third shot at making a My Little Pony RP. With the earlier ones, I'm pretty sure my main problem (besides me being an inactive dingus) was that I made them open, but not that open. It wasn't GM driven, so stuff can move smoothly as long as the GM is around (I.E.: Rainbow Omen), but it wasn't Player driven so everything was open so people could choose to do what they want to do themselves (I.E.: Future Imperfect). The fact that those RPs lasted longer than a few months when sadly few do pretty much proves it. Though in the end of course, it mainly comes down to the GM and players themselves that determine whether it will last or not. So yeah, this one will be more GM driven. Plus that way of Bronislav and Delta go through with their idea, our RPs don't end up being the same. >.>

Anyways, the plot would pretty much be that the Mane 6 have vanished and six new heroes will have to take their place (though it won't necessarily be as simple as that), with there also being potential supporting characters. Just making sure people would actually be interested in this before I write up some plot and stuff for it.
    Count me in if it's made
    Last edited by RussellW.; 25th August 2013 at 7:15 PM.

Default RE: RPG Ideas and Wishes

I had an idea for a RP a while back wherein the world (without any humans) is divided into nine kingdoms of Pokemon (organized by type for the most part) under legendaries (of their respective types) in a giant war. Not sure if putting it on here would work, though.

Glad to see there would be interest. Anything you guys aren't sure about you can just throw into Google search.

I'd also join Billy.

I'm happy to be recognized for Future Imperfect. Yes, maybe it's a little too open, and it's starting to get where I'll need to epilogue it soon. We lost quite a fair bit of people, and unless we get new sign-ups the RP will go dead soon. People definitely like RPs where they're not just following along with a set-ish story with minor variation. Future Imperfect definitely needed more character drive though, and it's been very hard to do that with a PVP aspect also in place.

Banner by the illustrious Avenger Angel

Bronislav is my Name and 1984 is my Birth year. If you can't say my name, just call me Bron or Slavik.

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    I had an idea for a RP a while back wherein the world (without any humans) is divided into nine kingdoms of Pokemon (organized by type for the most part) under legendaries (of their respective types) in a giant war. Not sure if putting it on here would work, though.
    That would be tricky if there are nine kingdoms. There would be far too many choices for each participant. I think it would work well if there were three kingdoms, and only three people could sign up for each kingdom. Could also work well as there are 18 types now, so each kingdom could have 6 types. However, there'd have to be a plot as to why they are warring and what their goal is.
    3DS friend code. 0232 - 8200 - 5719
    I have claimed Scizor, the king of Bug-Types.
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by BugPokemonMaster316 View Post
    That would be tricky if there are nine kingdoms. There would be far too many choices for each participant. I think it would work well if there were three kingdoms, and only three people could sign up for each kingdom. Could also work well as there are 18 types now, so each kingdom could have 6 types. However, there'd have to be a plot as to why they are warring and what their goal is.
    Yeah, I'd meant to add "But I'd have to ditch a few of them" but couldn't find a way to get it to work without the whole statement sounding really awkward. And the "three with six types each" idea could work.

I think if we could get some good numbers a large scale war would be awesome. I think any war RP should have no hard limits, though, perhaps soft limits that made sure the sides were roughly balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Lights View Post
    I have that effect on most men for some reason. no wonder i've been feeling lesbian lately >.>

Yeah, I'd meant to add "But I'd have to ditch a few of them" but couldn't find a way to get it to work without the whole statement sounding really awkward. And the "three with six types each" idea could work.
    But what would be the plot? Just warring to control all the kingdoms? A good idea would be that the kingdoms are warring because their legendaries have become controlled by an evil force as well as most of the population. Few are not affected and set out to find and stop this evil force. However, in the SU you could have an option as the whether the character is controlled or not. This would affect what they do upon meeting the other 2 groups.

As for the kingdoms, I have two ways of separating them. The first is by trios. One of each type trio is sent to each area. The other way is to categorize them into larger groups. The "tough" types: steel, ground, rock, fighting, dragon, and normal. The "bad" types: poison, bug, dark, ghost, psychic, and flying maybe. The elemental types: grass, fire, water, electric, ice, and fairy once x and y comes out. Fairy, flying, and normal are just kind of put where they are since they don't really fit with any of the groups.

Hm, that could very well work, but at the same time I can't really think of what said force would be. Maybe Arceus? (There I go making it more cliched go figure)

Still makes more sense then the first ending I'd planned (The whole thing was a convoluted game of D&D and all the legendaries were PCs)
    Last edited by Mane; 26th August 2013 at 2:21 AM.

@Mane perhaps I could help. I have this fanfic that I am working on set in a world where humans don't exist at all, and the world is inhabited only by pokemon. Now at the time of the fic the legendaries have disappeared and been gone for centuries, but perhaps I could work up a plot set during the Fading Times, as the end of the Legendary Age is called when the legendaries began to slowly disappear. Players could play as a mon (a little quirk is that pokemon are simply called mons, the pocket part of "pocket monster" not existing and all) being caught up in the conflict as the legendaries begin to disappear one by one. The only alteration to the multiple kingdoms is that they aren't divided strictly by type but rather by environment, which to me feels more natural than by type. So you'd essentially have three nations with different sets of environments which are inhabited by pokemon that naturally would live in such environments.
    I'm sorry, were you expecting some kind of epic signature here?

Current works:
    A Modern Atlantis- Bioshock/Doctor Who crossover (FINALLY WRITING CHAPTER 3! Will post soon!)
    -When a perfectly mundane trip to the ocean floor causes the Doctor and his companions to discover an underwater city, they find a utopia that is anything but. (Rated PG-14 for language and violence)

Maybe it could be the strongest legendary from each region barring Johto. So it could be Arceus, Mewtwo, Deoxys, and Genesect. Or it could be a group of strong Pokemon that have been working underground for many years, undetected by the government(if there is one). It could consist of strong Pokemon. Alakazam the brains. Aggron the brawn. Snorlax could be comical. Toxicroak could be the fast and agile one specializing in close combat. Eelektross could specialize in long range attacks. There would also be a leader and second in command. They could be types not usually associated with being bad.

Anyway, just my ideas.
    Last edited by BugPokemonMaster316; 26th August 2013 at 2:33 AM.

EDIT: I have a habit of killing this thread with my desires ><

How about racism? This is pretty much a completely unrelated idea that I just came up with, but I thought I'd share it

Instead of making all the factions equal in number of types. Dragons could be completely unaffiliated with any side as being rare occurences, for example. Traditional types with many pokemon such as Water, Normal, Fire, and Grass could make up a large Feudalist empire of sorts with various kings who each lend their type-affiliated army to the Emperor. Dark, Steel, and Fairy could form some sort of awkward coalition as being outcasts, having been added into the pokemon canon at later dates, and form a medium-sized country that seeks acceptance and attempts to avoid the larger nation's attempts at creating conflict. In the far north Ice and Fighting types could live in a vast land that's too barren for most others, and a large source of mercenaries could come from there, seeking profit from the war. Psychic, Ghost, Poison, and some Dark pokemon might form an unrelated nation that seeks for the other nations to go to war so that they can rise to power. Perhaps Bug pokemon could be treated like Native Americans, trying to claim vast areas of forest as their own but often getting corralled by the large, organized nations into small woods or plains. Meanwhile nomadic villages of Rock and Ground types could move across plains and deserts just seeking the preservation of their own way of life, much like the Bug types, but they occupy less desirable plots of land. Flying types, by nature, could come from anywhere and serve as mercenaries and messengers. Electric types could have their own very small nation where they also secretly house Steel types, and this nation could have comparably impressive architecture, defenses, weapons, and technology.

Of course that's a lot of effort. but there would really be three main factions: The largest nation, the Shunned, and the dark instigators of war.
    Last edited by rotrum; 27th August 2013 at 2:35 AM.

I have that effect on most men for some reason. no wonder i've been feeling lesbian lately >.>

Quote Originally Posted by rotrum View Post
    EDIT: I have a habit of killing this thread with my desires ><

How about racism? This is pretty much a completely unrelated idea that I just came up with, but I thought I'd share it
    Hate to say it, but the problem is dual type Pokémon completely derail this whole idea, and it's pretty near impossible to come up with a work around. If you still want to go with the racism idea, maybe just have a single type be the target of everyone's grudges, and all Pokémon that have that type are fugitives marked for death. Something along those lines, but keep it based around only one or two particular types. That's really the only way I see of doing something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger Angel View Post
    Hate to say it, but the problem is dual type Pokémon completely derail this whole idea, and it's pretty near impossible to come up with a work around. If you still want to go with the racism idea, maybe just have a single type be the target of everyone's grudges, and all Pokémon that have that type are fugitives marked for death. Something along those lines, but keep it based around only one or two particular types. That's really the only way I see of doing something like this.
    If your willing to wait for X and Y, the hated type can be Fairy! xD lol

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Guy View Post
    If your willing to wait for X and Y, the hated type can be Fairy! xD lol
    Heh, that would be funny. Someone ought to do that.

I don't see dual types as posing any problems. If they're one of the partly one of the outcasted types they're condemned and otherwise it could just be seen as a matter of if their family came from one place or another. Purity in type being preferable and often leading to higher status could form another source of conflict as well. And while the official nations were stated to have main types I never said they were exclusive. Otherwise there would be very little point in having the condemnation if every type just kept to their selves. I would expect every type to be in the main giant empire, including hiding condemned types. The point was that these societies were primarily composed of one type and generally lead by members of said type.

The only limitation I really see is the amount of players and/or planning of a GM to make it dynamic and not spread thin.

Who is up for some Digimon?

I call dibs on Agumon.

War's Dark Army - The strongest, baddest, Pokemon around. [Credit: The Awesome *Jean Grey*]

Quote Originally Posted by Black War Dragon View Post
    Who is up for some Digimon?

I call dibs on Agumon.
    I thought you didn't want to GM anymore.

There are tons of Digimon I like.

I won't GM. I'll coGM though. I'd rather have a setting in the Digital World. I know a season of the anime took place in the real world and I didn't like that so much. Again, I'll coGM but I won't GM.

War's Dark Army - The strongest, baddest, Pokemon around. [Credit: The Awesome *Jean Grey*]

Digimon? I haven't done much with digimon for awhile, but I'm game. A part of me wants to do or be involved with something based off of the ten legendary warriors in Digimon Frontier, but that's just my own two cents.

Thanks to Astral Shadow for the button!

Quote Originally Posted by Black War Dragon View Post
    I won't GM. I'll coGM though. I'd rather have a setting in the Digital World. I know a season of the anime took place in the real world and I didn't like that so much. Again, I'll coGM but I won't GM.
    Good luck with that!

As you could tell from my username, I'm always down for some Digimon fun.

Hm, that could very well work, but at the same time I can't really think of what said force would be. Maybe Arceus? (There I go making it more cliched go figure)

Still makes more sense then the first ending I'd planned (The whole thing was a convoluted game of D&D and all the legendaries were PCs)
    Said force could be Dialga predicting the end times and corrupting the leaders of the 3 kingdoms and to war with each so that the unification of the 3 will not defeat the (world-destroyer? - really the idea is any material object that would bring the cataclysm.)

The evil could also be secret human colonization, in which the humans have implanted chips into the Pokemon leaders' brains to war with each other so that in the end, the humans could easily wipe out the rest.

or Darkrai has spread a corruption essence across the world and the leaders have become infected and many of the kingdoms' population are also infected. A select few have been chosen by Cresselia to fight Darkrai and his growing army.

Just be creative with the legendaries or even things in the real world and eventually, a unique plot line will come about.

What do you guys think about a roleplay where the characters wake up in tanks (similar to that of Mewtwo in his movie) after they've been dead for so long. In fact, their bodies were experimented on in order to create a new species of creatures (pokemon gijinkas). The only drawback was that now each of them has become a slave to one of the 7 deadly sins.

So I've been thinking of an RPG lately that has to do with the Eastern Zodiac. This RPG will most likely take place in ancient Japan or China (Hmm, Maybe either during the Romance of the Three/Tokugawa Shogun reign or whatever it's called) and will involve twelve "demon" children, all kids who've inherited powers and some physical traits from the eastern zodiac, who fight to save the world from a terrible evil. Of course, with war/whatever rampant, their task wouldn't be easy as they deal with threats... Still working out things, but that's the basic gist of it. So, would anyone be interested?

My humanity will corrode away... Until I'm just a monster...

Credit to EG for Banner.

Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 LastLast