Thread: Situational Mechanics Serebii should include

Default Situational Mechanics Serebii should include

I don't know about everyone else, but personally I have spent much time on google trying to find out situational game mechanics that aren't easily accessible. I would love to see these things added to Serebii under descriptions of the abilities or moves they apply to. Also, some situational occurrences that seem unsolved may come up, like what happens when a pokémon with download is in doubles?

Here are some examples of situational "combos";

Flying Gem + Acrobatics: here I would put it under the move, the information missing is that Flying Gem does activate in addition to Acrobatics getting a boost on the turn used.

Cell Battery + Electric Immunity: under the item I would say whether or not an electric immunity (from type or ability) will prevent the activation of the item.

I started this forum because I want to help out people like me who would rather just see the info easily on Serebii. Please, if you have any set of pokémon effects/abilities/moves/items/other that you are unsure of as to the resolution of the combination (and this information can't be found on Serebii) post them here.

Set them up in this format;

Combo (for example, "Flying Gem + Acrobatics")
    Question (for example, "does acrobatics get the boost to its power in addition to the flying gem boost on the turn it is activated?")
    Answer if you know it (for this example, "yes")
    Where the information should be put (under which thing in the combo? For example here, "the item description")

Also, some single moves can be more detailed, like specific effects of Download.
    Set these up like this;

Move/Ability/Other in question ("Download")
    Q ("In doubles, how does the ability function?")
    A ("It is calculated with the combined defences of the opponents")
    Q (If more than 1, continue in this way. "What does Download do when the opponents defenses are equal")
    A (I believe, so correct me if I'm wrong-"It increases the SpA")
    (The info would obviously be posted under whatever specific ability you have chosen)

I hope Serebii can be updated with this info.
    I will be editing this post with everyone's contributions.

If you can answer anything that others don't, please post a reply.

Spoiler:- Combinations:

Spoiler:- Single Subjects:

If any of these have been added to serebii, let me know and I will edit them out.
    Last edited by Sevans; 29th November 2011 at 8:02 PM. Reason: Fling + Attack boost item

Spoiler:- credit:
    Joke of the {insert time interval here}
    Want 2 short jokes and 1 long joke?
    joke, joke, joooooooke

I agree with this all the way. I have to look up a lot of these things, and when I try on serebii, I can't find anything. I usually end up using the questions thread.

Combo- Beat up + Justified
    Question- How many times is attack raised if you use beat up on a pokemon with justified?
    Answer- Once for each party member. If your party is full of unfainted pokemon without status ailments, the pokemon with Justified will get stage +6 attack.
    Where it should be put: Under the Beat Up entry in the Movedex

I would put it in the abilitydex because the question affects the ability more. It seemed to me that you're asking not how many times beat up hits, but how many times it hits a pokémon with Justified

joke, joke, joooooooke

A lot of this can be dealt with (and is dealt with) the individual items/abilities, however you did bring a good idea and that's the process order of turns which I'll look into

As for Multi-Hit moves, every hit always classes as one hit so every ability/move affected by one will get the effect for each hit

Also, when marowak uses fling, and is holding a thick club, it's attack is still doubles for that turn. It could be useful in NU.

Spoiler:- Clan:

Credit: Magikarprules for the banner, Devant User bar shop for the user bar.

A combos thread?

Singles
    Rest + Early Bird (Wakes up earlier I think.)

Doubles
    Belly Drum + Heal Pulse

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSword7 View Post
    A combos thread?

Singles
    Rest + Early Bird (Wakes up earlier I think.)

Doubles
    Belly Drum + Heal Pulse
    Not a combos thread for strategies, a combos thread for game mechanics that you don't know how they'll resolve

@Ice Blue Dragon, I will add that to the list

joke, joke, joooooooke