Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Serebii.net AniméDex - Release Discussion Thread

Default Serebii.net AniméDex - Release Discussion Thread

From Serebii.net;

The section that sprung out of one of the forthcoming animé section updates has been completed. This section is essentially an encyclopedia of every Pokémon's appearance in the animé. For every appearance, including one second appearances in the background is documented where ever possible and placed in this database. It will be regularly updated whenever an episode has aired so it will never be behind. It categorises the Pokémon by trainer and includes a picture of that said Pokémon where applicable. However, as this is a man-made database, unlike the game sections, there is likely to be a couple of errors so if you see some, be sure to let me know.

http://www.serebii.net/anime/dex/

Discuss

First comment!

Amazing work; only a true anime fan can appreciate it. And the pics are lovely. Well done.

Thanks to Tekirai for the greatest banner ever!

PM me with any help you need regarding #SPP-WiFi or with getting your signature checked

[14:32] <metallica> i acted like a foolish

*** katya (CHEAT@NOW.YOU.CAN.SEE.A.NICE.ICE.KEY.WHICH.YOU.CA N.HAVE.FOR.FREE) has quit IRC (Quit: (3:56:28 pm) <rittre_gilr> oh mah gah!!!! guess what i juss foun out!!!!! |B selebii-fatrazychan dada mallied a MURE!!!! an ugry mure can you berieve dat??? so dats why he got holse teef!!!! CHING CHING CONG BALONG)

I really like this new addition to your site, serebii.

Now we can finally stare at the horror that is the list of Beedrill and Steelix in the anime. Good stuff ^^
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

It's great! I'm looking through it now and it's lovely to see how many times Turtwig has been in the anime. It sure helps being owned by a main character, huh! Golbat's another Pokemon that's been in the anime loads.
    this hope is treacherous, this daydream is dangerous.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

Glad the consensus is good...I came up with the idea of doing it originally when I was doing an update for the episode toolbars (coming within the week) and thus used the database for that with this.

Originally it was just going to be this; http://www.serebii.net/anime/dex/001-a.shtml but discussion with others in the staff chat and decided to seperate the trainers. I think I made the right decision

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    I think I made the right decision
    You certainly did. I was hoping for a feature like this for a long time.
    It´s great to look back and see how many times your favourite Pokémon appeared during the series.

Must have been a time-consuming work, eh?
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

I was just thinking the other day " I wonder if they'll add something so we can search what episodes the pokemon have been in..." and whaddya know, here it is. Good work.
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/vopwtk.png[/IMG]
    munch munch munch..

Goodness, the first site-related feature in ages that I may actually pay attention to! (no offense; I just never cared about EV's, the location of a region on a map, or what Pokemon a random Bug Catcher in Hoenn is going to torment me with. I'm sure others do and want to plan accordingly for said battle.)

Having not seen Legend of Thunder, the guide has already been useful in showing me that Hun also has a Steelix, enabling me to further update my list I throw at people while emphasizing its overexposure. It's a very useful tool when I need to compare Dunsparce's appearances to say...Arcanine's.

Fantastic addition, as said. Hopefully it can stay continually updated unlike that Team Rocket Mecha page that fell off the face of the planet. Hope you also have fun updating that Pikachu page every week. (Unless you have some dafaulting robot for it. I'll never doubt you English and your crazy gadgets.)
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by TeddiUrsa View Post
    You certainly did. I was hoping for a feature like this for a long time.
    It´s great to look back and see how many times your favourite Pokémon appeared during the series.

Must have been a time-consuming work, eh?
    Yeah but this past week I've had nothing but free time so I've been just working on it

Yeah but this past week I've had nothing but free time so I've been just working on it
    Lol if only we all had time to do stuff like this.

Awsome job Joe, and i think it looks better the second way around, the one you descided not to go for was a little boring and not very intresting.

That is truly brilliant, I have to say. Thank you.
    It's quite a bit more comprehensive than the brief mention of the anime appearances, usually plonked on the end of the PoTW, and it is something which I appreciate.
    Good choice also in taking the second design, over the first, btw...

Do the Robot!

Very nice Joe, and looking through a few pages it seems to be decently in-depth. You got the miscolored Breloom that was in one frame from Weekend Warrior mentioned, most impressive.

I have bigger plans for the site than this now, especially seeing the positive reaction

I have bigger plans for the site than this now, especially seeing the positive reaction
    Just when i think it can't get any better. Awsome.

What a great addition to the site, I'll definitely be using this quite a lot, just to find out what episodes my favourite pok&#233;mon are actually in ;D
    Subliminal rules: how to live, how to die.

FB ~ PC ~ PASBL

Another potential effect this feature may have is since now people have the ability to easily reference which episodes starred their favorites, they can hunt those episodes down, hopefully even buying the DVD's.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

I finally got a site to load: Serebii, of all places. o_0 Anyways, I'm thankful you made the animedex, as I now can know which episodes have Shinxes in them! *hopes that loading lag doesn't cause a 15x post or something stupid like that*
        Spoiler:- Copy and Paste stuff:

I has a movie .
    My dragcave username is drybones001.

shameless plug: Click on Waddle Dee to go to the MTCHW forums!

I accept requests for dungeons without traps, and I use Infernape and Shinx, and I have had three successful friend rescues.

In just one word: Awesome!

I've seen several attempts to do something like this in the forums, but this is much better with pictures and all.

An incredible work that proves your true dedication to this site, Serebii. Congratulations.

I really like this Serebii. This is the first site I know of that does this and in fact I've been trying to find something like this.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

This is awesome. I've always been wondering which Pokemon appeared in which episodes, and now I have an easy reference to look at.

Nice work. Ima gonna go look through it now. =)

You don't want to know. Trust me. =P

Current PASBL stats: 12-5-0, 25 KO's, 73 TP. LVL 2 Trainer. B ref (Not reffing at the moment)

"I really f***ing hate you both" -Mozz (In memory of his awesomeness)

Hey cool! Awesome. Nice job. I was really surprised at this. It makes things much easier to look for. I always did wonder which pokes appeared in which episode.

Great Job.
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/jb1rmh.jpg[/IMG]
    I claimed Ponyta

I customized these

Wow, great job! Thanks, Serebii!
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    You got the miscoloured Breloom that was in one frame from Weekend Warrior mentioned, most impressive.
    That's the first thing I went searching for too...

Do the Robot!

The AnimeDex is awesome,thanks Serebii!
    I claim Quilava!<3

Pearl Fc: 0517 0306 0808
    Platinum Fc: 0989 8066 6024

Please Click:

It's awesome! Thanks, Serebii, for this. This can totally help me with my list for the Remaining Sinnoh Pokemon to Debut thread.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast