Thread: Scariest Places In Pokemon?

Default Scariest Places In Pokemon?

Reviving an ancient discussion here. Which places were the most terrifying to you in the games?

Lavender Town is up there but I think it's more unsettling than actually scary. For me, the title of scariest place is a tie between the Old Chateau & N's room, especially in B/W 2. The Old Chateau has more a forced, traditional horror atmosphere, but I remember the first time I explored it very well just because of the sheer terror I felt throughout the entire experience. N's room is more of a psychological horror. It slowly drives you insane - unlike the Old Chateau, it's not really about the supernatural, just the unnerving feel of N's past and that music theme...

The Strange House was also worth mentioning. And Kalos Route 14.

With the graphics today, I'm not really scared. It's scarier in the prev gen's graphics. Like the lavender town in Firered.

Thanks to American--Pi for this awesome banner and userbar!

Lavender Town comes off as more tragic than actually scary to me. Even the Creepypastas aren't that scary.

My bad. This is in the wrong section. Unless there's a way for me to edit this and turn it into a poll?

The scariest place to me was the Old Chateau. I remember trying to find the old man and the girl when they went off screen. I also like the theory of Gardenia poisoning them, then trying to save them but it was too late and thats why you find the antidote in the trash and why she stands outside not wanting to go in.

Nothing in the games was really that scary to me, I think theyre too lighthearted (aside from dex entries which are messed up. But I guess the most scary could be Lavender Town's Tower or Morty's Gym in HGSS. Toute 14 was just boring to me though, and places like Mt. Pyre was too well lit. Maybe Dark Cave could be scary if it had creepy music.
    Last edited by Aduro; 24th May 2016 at 4:29 AM.

I don't think any places in the games are scary for me. However, that ghost girl that appear in Phoebe's room was surprising.
    Dragon user - can counter Steel with Fire attacks and counter Fairy with Poison and Steel attacks.

Currently playing Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Waiting for Sun and Moon to come out.

Currently own: All gen 4, 5 and 6 main series games.

Considering Goodra released until confirmed otherwise.

Obtained shiny Latias on the 14/4/2016

I have Asperger Syndrome which makes it hard to socialize, make friends, date and communicate.

Currently the most hated person.

My apologies to the users and mods of Serebii for my unprofessional posts.

Outside of pasta, there's really nothing creepy about Lavender Town, in my opinion. I really like the Old Chateau, but it was so expected, it wasn't really that creepy. I think what was kind of creepy, in not so much a horror way, was the Sewers in B/W. If you think about it, you take your pokemon surfing on the town's sewage to catch pokemon made of sewage. And it had sewage tides, like in RL you'd drown in sewage and sea water if you didn't get out in time.
    Blog: Problematic Paranormal Files
    Twitter: @CleverKraken

Titans: Red War - TT RPG (Rated R)
    ~ Looking for new players, both Heroes and Villains! ~

Maybe Lavender Town. I say so because it has the most abrupt change to creepy, compared to later games which had darker storylines
    Shinies
    Search:
    Random:
    SR:
    Traded away:
    Gift:
    In-game:
    MM:
    Dexnav:
    Trade: Sylveon

Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi

Latest shiny: Omanyte(40 SR!)

The Strange House in Pokemon Black And White 2. Went there the first time and wanted to finish really quick just to get the Lunar Wing.
    Created by Archangel Armada

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Armada View Post
    The Strange House in Pokemon Black And White 2. Went there the first time and wanted to finish really quick just to get the Lunar Wing.
    Either that or N's room, but creepy and scary are different things
    Shinies
    Search:
    Random:
    SR:
    Traded away:
    Gift:
    In-game:
    MM:
    Dexnav:
    Trade: Sylveon

Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi