Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 45

Thread: Burnt Out On Pokémon?

  1. #1

    Default Burnt Out On Pokémon?

    After completing the National Pokédex on Pokémon X I haven't had much of an urge to play the video games as much as I used to however I still play the TCG whenever the opportunity arises for it in my area. I want to be excited for ORAS but for some reason I'm just not feeling it where I feel like Game Freak is dividing the fanbase by choosing which Pokémon get Mega Evolutions and which one's don't.

    Anyone else feel this way or is it just me?
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code for Pokemon X Version: 3196 - 3039 - 5914

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Iceland
    Posts
    850

    Default

    I don't feel that way in the slightest, because I still love the creatures, they are so awesome.

    Both because of their powers and what they can do.
    I'm a huge Pokémon fan and also love movies.

    I'm also a video maker on YouTube. If you wanna see my YouTube channel click here.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    439

    Default

    I sold my entire collection of Pokémon games back at the beginning of the year. XY were a disappointment to me and I'd felt my interest waning before that, so I ultimately decided that I'd had enough. Erased everything (including some Pokémon I'd been transferring around for nearly 10 years), donated the GBA games, sold the rest and got on with doing different things.

    Six months later I started to miss it and ended up buying a new 3DS and a copy of Y and really enjoyed playing through. I've since rebought Soul Silver and Black 2. While I do wish I could get back some of the event Pokémon that I deleted, being able to come back into the franchise for a completely new start was just what I needed.

    Obviously, that's a bit of an extreme way to handle burnout, but just taking a break from the games entirely can be a good idea. You said so yourself that you still like playing the TCG, so why not just focus on that for a bit? The game's still be there when/if you feel like playing again. :)

    Oh, and about ORAS. I never cared about RS remakes and wasn't paying much attention until the Soar feature was revealed (which is something I've wanted for a long time) and the recent news that the shiny locks on legends has been lifted. I'm not massively excited for them- and not certain if I'll be buying OR this Friday, given I bought Black 2 yesterday- but I know that I'll enjoy playing it when I do, despite what may be going on in the fandom.



  4. #4

    Default

    Pokémon has already begun to lose it's novelty where back when it first debuted in the mid to late 90's it started off as something different and interesting but as time went on Nintendo and Game Freak lost sight of what they we're originally trying to do with Pokémon so at this point they're just trying to milk their Intellectual Property to the ground. One person I've talked to says that the Pokémon TCG is a very linear game with not that much strategy involved where PCL (Pokémon Card Laboratories) isn't very transparent to the public worldwide about what they do behind closed doors.
    Last edited by Poke Trainer J; 26th November 2014 at 9:51 AM.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code for Pokemon X Version: 3196 - 3039 - 5914

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    80

    Default

    I feel burnt out to some extent myself, for various reasons. In my case, I think a lot of it is related to my age (early 20s now) and the fact that I've never been a competitive battler or had the patience to fill an entire Pokedex (let alone the friends to trade with or the money to buy extra systems and games to trade with).

    I was excited for ORAS before its release, but mainly because of it being a Hoenn remake, since Hoenn has recently become my favorite region and I have the fondest memories of playing R/S/E as a child. I'm not a fan of Mega Evolution, it being obviously geared toward competitive battling, so when I learned Megas would be featured in ORAS, my excitement decreased significantly. However, I'm playing AS now and have gotten to the final gym without using a single Mega, so I am satisfied with the game as a whole. But the problem is that it's the first time I've felt satisfied with a game since D/P/P.

    Having started playing with G/S/C, my nostalgia level for that generation is very high, and SS naturally didn't live up to that. Playing it made me realize just how small Johto is, and how much of my love for it was tinted by nostalgia. Then I was hugely hyped for B/W, bought both versions, played them, and found myself truly disliking them. I don't like Unova, I don't like its Pokemon, I don't like the plotline of those games or the camera tricks they started to try out, or really anything about them. My disillusionment might have been less if I hadn't bought both versions at the same time for the first time ever; my high expectations made me even more upset when I realized just how much I didn't like B/W. So I skipped B2/W2, and then bought X basically because of the revamped graphics and because I wanted to give Kalos a chance. I did enjoy it to some extent, but I finished it feeling empty. Didn't care for Team Flare, didn't care for most of the cities, used but didn't care much about Mega Evolution or the new Pokemon. I played X for a few months after beating it, and then just stopped.

    So yeah, I haven't gone back to play any of the newer games over the past year at least. I love and collect Pokemon merch, but I do agree that the latest games feel more commercial than they used to somehow, right down to the hand-holding that gives you items automatically and tells you where to travel next. Recently I replayed part of Sapphire in prep for AS, and didn't get that commercial feeling whatsoever. I honestly feel like it started with B/W. But as I said, I was excited for and preordered AS because of it being a remake, whereas for an X/Y sequel or another new installment I'd probably have waited until much more information was released or until the game(s) came out and reviews began to be posted about it.

    Either way, this is just my feelings on the new games. I agree with *Murkrow that taking a break from the games definitely helps. I also sometimes replay two of the Ranger games (Shadows of Almia and Guardian Signs) and Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time when I feel like Pokemon without the main series mechanics. I don't think I'll ever be burnt out on Pokemon as a whole - I love too much of it, even if I'm not wild about many of the Pokemon past D/P/P's - but even though I sometimes feel burnt out on the main series, I find it helps to fall back on other parts of the fandom. (Hope this post made sense lol. Always have a bad time arranging my thoughts on topics like this.)
    Off exploring Hoenn again

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Yharnam
    Posts
    1,678

    Default

    Almost a decade ago, I started my first Pokémon adventure with Emerald. Everything was new, and there was that feeling of awe and grandeur. Now, it's just going through the motions. You get your starters, fight 8 gym leaders, beat up the bad guys, capture the boxart Legendary mascot, and beat the Elite Four and become champion. I didn't mind in back then because 3rd gen was where I started off, but now, it's EXTREMELY formulaic. There are contests and such, and there's different mechanics to battles and breeding, but the games have fundamentally been the same since Gen 1. It's actually great that Yokai Watch is becoming an equally giant IP as Pokémon in Japan because Pokémon is now an annual cash cow. I'll still buy every main Pokémon game because I'm a sucker, but the games really need a shakeup. Moving to 3D in XY wasn't even a big deal. Colosseum did 3D Pokémon a decade ago.

    TL;DR
    Pokémon has been the same thing since its Red/Blue. Hopefully Yokai Watch also becomes popular outside Japan and creates a giant hole on Pokémon's popularity, and finally causes Gamefreak to actually make a giant change after over 15 years.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,171

    Default

    I do feel like I'm moving away from this series. Or to be more precise, the series is moving away from me. I don't really like the new direction that the series went in starting with 5th gen, the gameplay's become dumbed down. The region design has become linear, the difficulty is decreasing, and the game in general just holds your hand, it's like riding a bike with the training wheels glued on. And 6th gen seems to have dragged things even further down. The games have become very style over substance and put too much emphasis on graphics and shallow fanservice (mainly through Mega Evolutions), and replay value is declining, both XY and ORAS have less content than their predecessors. In general, it seems like the games are losing their depth and value and I want no part of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Iceland
    Posts
    850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I do feel like I'm moving away from this series. Or to be more precise, the series is moving away from me. I don't really like the new direction that the series went in starting with 5th gen, the gameplay's become dumbed down. The region design has become linear, the difficulty is decreasing, and the game in general just holds your hand, it's like riding a bike with the training wheels glued on. And 6th gen seems to have dragged things even further down. The games have become very style over substance and put too much emphasis on graphics and shallow fanservice (mainly through Mega Evolutions), and replay value is declining, both XY and ORAS have less content than their predecessors. In general, it seems like the games are losing their depth and value and I want no part of that.
    I see your point.

    I personally don't mind the difficulty of the games or lack of content since I mainly play the games to see the Pokémon there are. But I do see how that's a problem.

    And yeah, I am with you on mega evolutions being shallow fanservice.

    I have tried getting used to the mega evolutions, but I just can't.
    I'm a huge Pokémon fan and also love movies.

    I'm also a video maker on YouTube. If you wanna see my YouTube channel click here.


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    798

    Default

    I'd kind of like Game Freak to stop doing yearly releases and make games that will keep fans interested enough that they can release games every 2+ years like Zelda and so on. I love Nintendo in general for their ability to create games with massive replay value. I'd just like to see Pokemon go back to that and focus on creating engaging games that I want to pick up all the time.
    I'm tired.

  10. #10

    Default

    I suppose shallow fanservice is better than Game Freak adding new Pokémon that look like something scribbled on a napkin at the dinner table while it's still no excuse for the current state of the video game franchise. Some of my friends have already went out and bought ORAS while I'm actually determining whether or not If I'm going to be playing it for the Wi-Fi Battles after I've already beaten the game which at this point you get more out of Online Simulators than you would with Wi-Fi Battles (unless you're playing in VGC Tournaments) since you're not required to go through the process of level grinding and breeding a competitive team. What good is building a competitive team when the simulators do most of the work for you instead of doing most of it yourself on the official retail games? With the fanbase getting older it's no wonder why nobody has time for Wi-Fi Battles anymore.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code for Pokemon X Version: 3196 - 3039 - 5914

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    3,583

    Default

    I don't think I'll ever truly be burnt out on Pokemon as I play for the creatures themselves and the lore, not for an in-depth RPG experience or competitive battling (though I have been interested in getting into it in the past). As long as they keep making new Pokemon that I'm interested in, I'll keep playing.

    Are the games formulaic? Sure, but show me a successful video game franchise that isn't formulaic to some extent. I can guarantee you there isn't one out there. It's the nature of the beast, and if GameFreak did deviate from the formula of the main games, you'd probably get just as many people complaining that they don't feel like "real" Pokemon games than the people complaining about the formula getting stale now. That, and how many times has a game company tried to change up the formula only to have the game fall flat on its face? I think what GameFreak is doing now is fine. Make small changes between each iteration.
    I will second, however, that they should slow down with the new games. I think that might be part of the whole "burnout problem." They're releasing games every year when they wouldn't do that in the past, and it's getting to be a bit too much. Maybe if it was once every two years people wouldn't be so burned out.

    Also thirding *Murkrow's suggestion of taking a break from the franchise. That's helped me in the past.
    3DS Friend Code: 2208-6124-8748
    Friend Safari is Psychic with Abra, Espurr, and Duosion. Feel free to add me if you want.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Iceland
    Posts
    850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    I will second, however, that they should slow down with the new games. I think that might be part of the whole "burnout problem." They're releasing games every year when they wouldn't do that in the past, and it's getting to be a bit too much. Maybe if it was once every two years people wouldn't be so burned out.
    The reason they make many Pokémon games a year is because it makes a lot of money.

    They aren't gonna limit it to every few years, they know they make a lot of money by doing it every single year, so they won't stop.
    I'm a huge Pokémon fan and also love movies.

    I'm also a video maker on YouTube. If you wanna see my YouTube channel click here.


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Yharnam
    Posts
    1,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze The Movie Fan View Post
    The reason they make many Pokémon games a year is because it makes a lot of money.

    They aren't gonna limit it to every few years, they know they make a lot of money by doing it every single year, so they won't stop.
    And Gamefreak and Nintendo should be called out for it, just like with Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed. The games are very cheap to make due to a lot of reused assets, and the games are being milked dry.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    314

    Default

    I played B/W when they first came out for about a month and then abandoned them entirely and never bought B2/W2. I therefore took two and a half years off from the series and then went into X/Y harder than even I had expected myself to, and completed the national dex for the first time and got into competitive battling / breeding for the first time. So I think a lengthy break definitely helps.

    I do wish they'd switch the formula up a bit and make a really good spin-off. Like what they did with coliseum / XD, but... idk, better? xD Instead of re-makes, because I definitely wasn't as excited for ORAS as I was for X/Y and halfway through the game I'm still not very intrigued by it.

    Happy Holidays!
    FC: 1048 - 8845 - 0258
    ~ ~ ~
    [719/719]
    NATIONAL DEX COMPLETED! - Thanks to all who helped!
    -06/17/2014-

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Iceland
    Posts
    850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Void Ventus View Post
    And Gamefreak and Nintendo should be called out for it, just like with Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed. The games are very cheap to make due to a lot of reused assets, and the games are being milked dry.
    Oh I totally agree that they need to be called out on it.

    When movie studios make bad decisions, I call out on it.
    I'm a huge Pokémon fan and also love movies.

    I'm also a video maker on YouTube. If you wanna see my YouTube channel click here.


  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Big Blue
    Posts
    3,003

    Default

    I wasn't going to post this here, but Siliconera's article made me think a bit about the recent developments.

        Spoiler:- Le rant:


    Also, somebody please sticky this thread. I'm pretty sure we will see more posts in the upcoming future.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    I don't think I'll ever truly be burnt out on Pokemon as I play for the creatures themselves and the lore, not for an in-depth RPG experience or competitive battling (though I have been interested in getting into it in the past). As long as they keep making new Pokemon that I'm interested in, I'll keep playing.

    Are the games formulaic? Sure, but show me a successful video game franchise that isn't formulaic to some extent. I can guarantee you there isn't one out there. It's the nature of the beast, and if GameFreak did deviate from the formula of the main games, you'd probably get just as many people complaining that they don't feel like "real" Pokemon games than the people complaining about the formula getting stale now. That, and how many times has a game company tried to change up the formula only to have the game fall flat on its face? I think what GameFreak is doing now is fine. Make small changes between each iteration.
    Ding-ding-ding ka-pow, it's this for me. I'm not a competitive player, I play for the fun and the story. In this regard, ORAS were extremely satisfying in my eyes. Are they perfect? No, and they have indeed made several mistakes this generation. But on the whole, those shortcomings haven't been profound enough to really disrupt my enjoyment of the games. But maybe it's a bit different for me. I quit playing after RS, and only got back into it around the time that Platinum was coming out (but I didn't actually manage to start playing again until well into the BW era). So I already had a nice, long break from the series.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type


    My 3DS Friend Code:

    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    118

    Default

    I burnt out on Pokemon twice, I started yellow then moved onto silver when yellow lost my attention. 2-5 years later (or 1 year ago) I bought a 3ds with HG and X, mostly because I wanted a few select pokemon. I took 10-11 months hammering on HG to get 80% of what I can without p2p or net connection. near the end I was able to go light on the 3ds use until I started X. ive hit the light period for the most part for X if you don't count dex training to fill my foreign dex count, 5v breeding runs or the worst part: MM shiny breeding. atm im around 608 obtained with 20-40 that I can get if I put the MM breeding on the shelf. however I tend not to take MM pairing out of the daycare until I get results and I don't have the best luck in 2 attempts: 504 for Druddigon, no Vulpix yet after 300 eggs.

    I did consider getting a ds for black/white but didn't have time for that. I still have the previous games but I used game shark on them. they still work normally but the codes don't always work. silver is in battery purgatory as I have yet to bother replacing it but its my favorite version so far. HG is a close copy of it but its more reliable and similar dex to keep me from reviving silver. im pretty much over HG atm after I get the final 25 levels to hit 100 on Froslass.
    Last edited by nel3; 4th December 2014 at 4:58 PM.
    fc 3926 6866-2593 ign Nelliel
    fight Sawk Machoke Tyrogue
    polar pattern Vivillion

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ice Path
    Posts
    901

    Default

    I think Pokemon is mostly more interesting for kids who never played a Pokemon game, because all the games are repetitive and add no "big" new features.

    I still love Pokemon but the games need a shake up IMO. In Gen 6 they introduced Fairy types and Mega Evolutions... they are on the right way I think. They need to take risks.
    I would love if they only release a Pokemon game every 2-3 years, but a big quality game. I don't like how they reuse old things for their newer games and don't change them AT ALL (i.e. XY bottom screen features, Battle Maison)... but it seems Nintendo wants to milk the franchise as much as possible. Let's see where this will go.

    Some possible ideas to shake it all up and fix things:
    -mainly use Doubles instead of Singles for in-game battles
    -more Pokemon Fusions, other than B/W-Kyurem (mix 2 different Pokemon to create a new "Fusion" Pokemon, not an ordinary Pokemon)
    -stop making OP Pokemon (Mega Groudon, Mega Rayquaza,...) ... that's a cheap way to promote games. :S
    -balance out existing Pokemon: change base stats, change/add abilities, give them new moves -> there should be no fully evolved Pokemon who is outclassed to 100% by another one
    -etc


    Now that they made every Pokemon (bar Events) available in XY and ORAS, something "different" must happen in the next game/s I think.

    It will be interesting to see what will happen to the franchise in the future...
    -How will the whole Mega Evolutions concept turn out?
    -Too many Pokemon for newcomers.... (XY only introduced 69 new ones, probably for that reason) ... Will they keep making new Pokemon? Or how will they solve this problem?
    -etc
    Last edited by Hasty Jynx; 4th December 2014 at 6:36 PM.

        Spoiler:- I'm looking for:
    Please help. :3

  20. #20

    Default

    I'm just returning from a post-burnout break. Had always been into Pokemon, but my interest really went up when I got Pearl and all the wifi modes that went with it. Ended up joining the forums here and one on another site and really got involved with the community side of things. Did a lot of online trading, a fair bit of event collecting and even dabbled in competitive battling, (without too much success). Clocked up about 400 hours if I remember rightly. Bought Platinum and then SoulSilver as well, plus a few of the side games. Mystery Dungeon Blue was a particular highlight.

    My interest started to wane a little by Gen 5. I bought White, completed the story mode and built a really nice in game team, but never got round to doing any of the end game stuff or even beating the Elite 4. There wasn't a conscious moment where I thought enough is enough, I just kind of drifted away from the series. I think a general decrease in my free time was responsible more than anything wrong with the games. I've never been much of a gamer, (aside from the brief flirtation with competitive battling) and when life got busy video games were the first thing to go. Again, not so much a conscious decision, just always ended up doing other stuff when I had a bit of downtime.

    XY kind of passed me by. I didn't have a 3DS, and none of the new Pokemon really caught my eye, certainly not enough to make me go out and spend money on the console and the game.

    ORAS on the other hand have pulled me right back into Poke-world, so much so that I've now gone out and bought the console and the game and am eagerly anticipating their arrival next week I don't think I'll ever go back to the more 'hardcore' elements of the game, but adventuring through Hoenn again looks very appealing.
    ALPHA SAHPHIRE

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Academy of Power
    Posts
    4,854

    Default

    I am not burned out on Pokemon at the moment, but like some other people in this thread, I have been in the past. It was from around the end of 2008 to March 2011. Before it happened, I had been playing practically non-stop since October 2005 and as I had completed everything I wanted to do in D/P while Emerald as well as the older games not being as interesting for me at that time, my interest faded. I did play some games during the burnout time (mostly Platinum and HG/SS as they were the newest ones back then) but I didn't complete either of them, and I had lost most of the interest I once had for the series. Looking back at it now, it wasn't a fun time at all. Then I did get back into Pokemon thanks to B/W, but that is another story.

    The current situation is a bit different for me though as I am not burned out on the series, but I have very little interest in the games that are the newest at the moment (OR/AS). I can't find any reason to get either of them and I might skip them entirely as it is very likely we will get another new game next year anyway. But even if my interest for OR/AS is low, I am still interested in several other, previous games, as well as the series on a whole. Really looking forward to whatever will come next.

    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    I will second, however, that they should slow down with the new games. I think that might be part of the whole "burnout problem." They're releasing games every year when they wouldn't do that in the past, and it's getting to be a bit too much. Maybe if it was once every two years people wouldn't be so burned out.

    Also thirding *Murkrow's suggestion of taking a break from the franchise. That's helped me in the past.
    And here are two things I agree with. I can understand why they release a new game every year, but from a player perspective, I don't think that's the best way to go. Personally, I think around a year and a half is the best distance between release times, the time between B/W and B/W2 was pretty much perfect for me. The release times between all other games since 2009 has been too short in my opinion.

    Taking a break helped me as well, which I realized once I got back into the series. And B/W focusing on giving a new start for the series, which was just what I needed at the time, was another thing that was very positive for me.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Exploring Hoenn
    Posts
    1,589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    I don't think I'll ever truly be burnt out on Pokemon as I play for the creatures themselves and the lore, not for an in-depth RPG experience or competitive battling (though I have been interested in getting into it in the past). As long as they keep making new Pokemon that I'm interested in, I'll keep playing.
    Minus competitive battling, this is me, as well, pretty much.

    Whether it's on the games or the show (including the movies whenever I happen to catch one), as long as I get to see cute, cool & bad*** creatures battle it out against each other, heck freaking yes, I'm sold!

    To directly answer the question, I was sort of burnt out on Pokemon long ago. It was after the second generation was starting out. At the time, I wasn't in to the games like I am now, I was more in to the show and other aspects of Pokemon. This burn out period wasn't to the 'Pokemon-is-now-stupid-and-for-kids!' extreme, oh no. I definitely still had a soft spot for it, even during that period. I didn't start really getting back in to the franchise until about late 2008/early 2009, I believe.

    Now I love it even more now, definitely more than I did all those years ago.

    On the whole 'releasing a game every year' discussion, I don't mind GF releasing them so often, to be honest.
    I like having new Pokemon games to play.
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * * * * *
    * - Going mega


    Claimed by me!

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Final Destination
    Posts
    1,169

    Default

    I remember getting really bored of Pokemon fairly recently actually, from about March-October, XY were just so plain to me. I had every Pokemon in the Dex, and breeding competitive shinies, although rewarding, was really time-consuming and just made me 'quit' of boredom. Also, the fact that there was pretty much no post-game really annoyed me, as it meant I had nothing significant to do once I finished the game. I have also found that the games have become increasingly easier, which really deterred me from the series, as I was able to breeze through the game in a few hours with no challenge. I hope that future games in the series are more difficult (or at least have an option from the start to ramp up the difficulty), and therefore be more rewarding. However, I will get AS very soon, as RSE were my favourites and hopefully they will rekindle my passion for the series.
    Too much water guys!

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    118

    Default

    I do miss a few things from previous generations, such as 2 regions to explore in 1 game and a time based gym leader rematch system ie HG. sure you can se them In battle maison but its when you decide to re-challenge them as compared to given time slots they're available to rematches. as mentioned b4, post game XY isn't the greatest.
    fc 3926 6866-2593 ign Nelliel
    fight Sawk Machoke Tyrogue
    polar pattern Vivillion

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Iceland
    Posts
    850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomatohater View Post
    I have also found that the games have become increasingly easier, which really deterred me from the series, as I was able to breeze through the game in a few hours with no challenge.
    Pokémon games were never that challenging to begin with.

    Being overleveled has been easy since the very beginning. I can easily beat Red, Gold and Ruby without effort.

    I don't mind the games being easier, because I don't play the Pokémon games for challenge. If I wanted challenge I'd face someone online who is great at Pokémon battles. Which I do from time to time.
    I'm a huge Pokémon fan and also love movies.

    I'm also a video maker on YouTube. If you wanna see my YouTube channel click here.


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •