Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do You Care What Pokeball You Catch Your Pokemon With?

Default Do You Care What Pokeball You Catch Your Pokemon With?

This is something that's bothered me for whatever ever reason since I've been able to see the Poke Ball that was used to catch said Pokemon on it's information screen.

I'll elaborate; lets say there's an Elekid and knowing that its final evolution is Electivire, I can see that the Ultra Ball would look most complementary to its design rather than an average Poke Ball. Same story with a Shiny Absol and a Premier Ball. It's one of those things that bother me if I know I could have done something differently.

So my question is; does anyone else relate to the Poke Ball looking complementary to the Pokemon it was used to catch thing, or is it just me?

'Sparks shine the brightest when I'm with you ~
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4124-3024-3222 Just hanging out at the local frontiers and resorts. Send me a message.

I personally don't care. I just catch my Pokemon in whatever ball is convenient.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

Also, for news, reviews, info on my custom games Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, a Special Episode, and features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

No, I just never use the Heal Ball or the Pokeballs with pink Kurt can make. I don't like pink.
    My ball of choice is the Luxury Ball though.
    Every other cast member > Clemont/Bonnie

Depends on how hard the pokemon is to catch, if it's easy to catch and I have enough balls of every type I pick a ball I like

--><--
    Credit goes to american--pi
    LET THE GAME SECTION FLOURISH AGAIN!!
    claimed super mario, SSB3DS and grasswalk

I care to an extent. I try to keep some consistency and have the balls slowly get more powerful to show how far I'm getting and having to use them. I generally try to keep half of my team in regular Pokeballs including my starter, then maybe have one in a Great Ball and one in an Ultra Ball, maybe the 3rd in a Premier Ball or something.

~*Friendship isn't about whom you have known the longest... it's about who came, and never left your side*~

My Anime List - updated every now and then

Drop me a message if you wanna talk. I reply most of the time.

Personally I know it
    s silly, but I do care. I wish gamefreak would allow us to transfer our pokemon to different pokeballs after we have caught them or even to customize the balls more. It'd be fun I reckon.
    All hail Lord-Master Rowlet, Archduke of Cutetington:

Quote Originally Posted by Orphalesion View Post
    Personally I know it
    s silly, but I do care. I wish gamefreak would allow us to transfer our pokemon to different pokeballs after we have caught them or even to customize the balls more. It'd be fun I reckon.
    Words cannot describe how much I want this.

Since XY came out I've been very particular about the kind of PokeBall I want my Pokemon in. In X I wanted everything in the standard PokeBall because that's what my bred Pokemon had always been in. Now I always want my Pokemon in PokeBalls that match their colour schemes (Miltank in a Love Ball, Zapdos in an Ultra Ball, etc). I hope there are more choices available in Sun and Moon. There are a lot of Pokemon I want in Apricorn balls that can't legally be in them.

My favorite is the heal ball, It makes me feel good that the pokemon is going to be nice and healed after I make I do damage to it. Well only if I have a free space on my party.
    Otherwise I really like using any ball that isn't one of the normal three, but in the end I couldn't really care much.
    stay gold
    BE PROUD

I'm picky. I always try to capture my main team Pokemon in normal PokeBalls if possible.

It depends. I try to capture all my main team 'Mon in normal Pokeballs, and certain other Pokemon in specific Pokeballs.

Nah, I'll just use whatever Pokéball does the job the best. I don't really care what they look like tbh.
    A strong spirit transcends rules.

Eh, to some extent. Mostly, I just try with the best I can (Dusk, Ultra), but if sometimes I try to catch happiness evolution pokemon with Luxury balls.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

As you can see here, I care a lot. The ball has to match the Pokemon or else I wouldn't bother breeding it or trading for it.
    [Saul][1693-2509-8132 ][Pokemon Y]
    Rock Type Safari: Boldore, Corsola, Barbaracle
    Bank Ball Spreadsheet

I personally think the standard pokeball is the ugliest of balls and I refuse to catch or breed a pokemon in them unless I have absolutely no other choice, like with all-male or genderless species. My personal favorite is the dive ball. When I bred my shiny scyther I went out of my way to get one in a sport ball to breed it in, even though it's basically just a regular ball with an "s" or pokeball symbol on it. It still looks better than a regular ball.

I also think there should be more yellow balls. The only one I know of is the park ball from Gen IV, but it's only for the pal park and when a pokemon is caught in it, it keeps the ball it was originally caught with in the game it was transferred from. We don't get to keep the park ball.
    Last edited by Cyberra; 28th April 2016 at 4:39 AM.

Regigigas fan

My Shiny Legendaries!

I have claimed Metroplex (TF:FoC) and Darksiders

3DS FC: 2595 - 1763 - 0232

Alpha Sapphire Badge Quest:
    1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) 9)

I feel like I do, but I really don't. I do care about the ~*~aesthetics~*~ of it all, but in the end, I really love all forms of pokeball! The original pokeball is so iconic, ultraballs are streamlined and beautiful, dive balls and net balls are gorgeous too... but I hate timer balls. I won't catch anything in a timer ball unless those are the only ones I have left. I don't like luxury balls either. I do consider the pokemon and how well it will fit the pokeball, but I'm not super picky because I like all of them.

Well you do enough talk, my little hawk,
    Why do you cry?
    thesketchqueen everywhere else on the internet. don't call me a girl, thanks.
    role player profile . tumblr . claims . art

Early in the games, not so much. Basically, I take whatever I can get my hands on at that point.

Later on, I guess I do, since I stick primarily to Quick/Dusk/Ultra balls at that point.

My top favorites

Claimed by me!

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail" - Sgt. Greg Parker, SRU

Remember back in Gen 4 when we could put stickers on our pokeballs? I think that would be great to bring back, even if only for Gen 7 contests.
    Shiny hunter, Pokemon theorist, indie game player, and future Pokemon YouTuber
    I am looking for a custom YouTube avatar! I will give credit to the creator in the description of every YouTube video I post using it. Same for a YouTube banner. Contact me if interested!

I roam the forests of the land, protecting all that is good, Nature and Pokémon alike
    Twitter @UmbreonRanger

Not much
    I love the animation the dusk ball creates when you send out a pokemon from it, but I don't go out of my way to catch specific pokemon in certain balls
    As long as I got the pokemon, that's all that matters.
    Some people pride themselves on not using their master balls, but catching their legends in basic poke balls. I couldn't care less what kind of ball they are in, in fact if I could I would just throw a master ball on all legends. I don't like the hassle that there is with trying to capture them.
    FC: 3711-9176-7509
    IGN: Creyk

Yes I really care. Normal pokeballs are just so lame to me. I hate the way it's looks outside of battle - that orange. I think matching pokemon is one of the best things about the game and makes collecting fascinating. For example how awesome does Dive Ball Swablu look? Any other ball other than Premier doesn't really feel right.
    Latest Shiny: (MM - 54 eggs)

Not usually - unless the Pokemon is Shiny. I usually use Premier Balls to catch them because they seem more appropriate to me.

A journeyfic set in a dystopian Unova - LAST UPDATE: Chapter 3
    (Banner by me)

My FB Profile

If it is a Pokemon that I am going to use for something serious, I usually try to obtain it in a ball that matches its colors. This was a habit I picked up a few years ago since it was popular in some circles back then, and I think it still is to a rather large degree. For Pokemon that I'm not going to use for anything serious, I don't care, they'll go in the ball that they go in and that's that.
    ---

----

Some people like the aesthetic, as some people will "breed" moon ball from HG/SS over in X/Y/ORAS in order to keep the design.

I use Pokeballs in different situations, depending on the effectiveness. If I were to catch something like Budew or Zubat than Luxury (or Friend) Balls would be my preference.

I do like certain designs over others, so it can be a treat sometimes to see a Dusk Ball catch for instance.

Image from Pokemon's Sun and Moon page. Meme by me.

Yes, to an extent. If its one of my favorite Pokemon I would absolutely try capturing it in my favorite Poke Balls: Premier Balls or Luxury. Besides that, any other Pokemon can go in Poke Balls that suit them in color and if I have none, just a regular Poke Ball.
    Created by Archangel Armada

I care sometimes but most of the time I just use what might be easiest to catch the Pokemon in. In Generation 4, it was easier for me to notice Pokeball animations and I really liked the one for the Heal Ball, so I remember catching some random Pokemon in Heal Balls, like a Clefairy. I also used to think the Premier Ball itself was cool for whatever reason and caught some Pokemon in that too, like a Pachirisu that I got obsessed with.

Never actually cared for it, though if i have the pokeball, i'll try.
    My FC: 4098-4557-7957
    Poison safari, with muk, garbodor, and gloom

The Eternian Forces League Normal Gym: CLOSED
    Pokemon Aqua Gym League Flying Gym: CLOSED FOREVER R.I.P.

Grass type GYM!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast