Thread: Most hated Pokemon locations

Default Most hated Pokemon locations

Are there any places in the Pokemon world that you just dread going to?
    For me it's the Oreburgh Mine. I don't know why, it's not even that big. Just irks me.

I hate teaching my pokemon flash, so whirl islands is an absolute nightmare.

Same goes for the cave going to lavender town, that one is just impossible tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragalge View Post
    Member of the Year 2014: phanpycross

that place in pokemon x & y where you find the banettite and a plate (forgot which type) it doesn't have anything else interesting

if you praise goomy and want helix to burn to hell put this in your sig (started by vanillite1)
    99.9% of everyone at SPPF have a sig. If you're part of the .1% that doesn't, put this in your- Ah, shoot!
    chansey sweep!
    F. E. A. R. this guy?
    my awesome sweep XD

credit to astral shadow
    click my pokemon

I have claimed vanillish and pokemon battle trozei
    hardest question ever

Victory roads in pokemon! Only of the earliier games, now there actually are lots of areas OUTSIDE the caves.
    My FC: 4098-4557-7957
    Poison safari, with muk, garbodor, and gloom

Shadow Stars League Flying Gym: CLOSED
    The Eternian Forces League Normal Gym: CLOSED

Grass type GYM!!!

Lumiose Badlands.
    The only place, so far, that I've hated going through in any Pokemon game.

A location with wild Pokemon that, nine times out of ten, have arena trap and there's no way to avoid them? No thank you!

Claimed by me!

The ocean between Lilycove City/Mossdeep City/Ever Grande City/Pacifidlog Town is a good one. The desert resort in Unova is also annoying, just like the foggy route in Sinnoh. I don't really have a number one, just several annoying locations.
    "Trust me, any problem comes up, I'll stomp it into next week! I'll Bowserize it!" ~ King Bowser

Any place that exists for the purpose of reaching or searching for something in which there are wild Pokémon.

I have to say Lumiose Badlands. That route was just painful to go through when the wind was blowing in the direction you didn't want to go. I also disliked Route 228 in Sinnoh as the Sandstorm made it extremely difficult to see what I was doing.

Azure Bay. The camera really screws you, at a certain point it zooms in so much that you navigate the level almost blind.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Off the top of my head:

-Route 217 in Sinnoh. Long, incredibly slow slog with nothing but white and a few trees here and there. I find most of Sinnoh's routes to be boring anyway but this one takes the cake.
    -Any route with fog. It's either leave one of my team members behind for an HM slave, or miss your attacks every other turn. Who seriously thought this was a good idea?
    -Mt. Coronet, and Victory Road in Gens 3 and 4, simply because of the sheer amount of HMs you need to get through the darn things.

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of Sinnoh's layout...

Also agree with the above poster about Azure Bay. The camera zoom was completely unnecessary and makes navigating the place a chore.

SoulSilver BadgeQuest Progress:
    244 SRs | 6608 REs | 735 REs | 3093 SRs | 10711 SRs | 2138 REs | Lapras - 200 SRs

Y BadgeQuest Progress:
    3145 SRs | 7741 REs | 2468 REs | Route 8 - 3500 REs

Other hunts: Reshiram - 5500 SRs | Noibat (MM) - 150 eggs

Pafrum Palace. I hate it for a few reasons:

1. The game makes me go there.

2. I have to pay to get into the place I'm being forced to go to.

3. I have to chase a stupid dog just to get a PokéFlute I can't even keep.

4. The massive free space of Parfum Palace, especially the garden, is a clear indicator that the games are capable of being open world, and yet they still aren't.
    LILYCOVE CITY GYM
    Please leave feedback on my gym via PM, if you'd like. I want to make sure people are truly enjoying it.

Every single Victory Road. Also Route 123.

No one said Routes 133 and 134? Those water currents sure are irritating, and you need several runs to beat everyone. ORAS helped slightly in getting to the Sealed Chamber by making a Soar land spot near the Dive area.
    Current Hunts
    Platinum

2,670 SRs/5,340 birds seen - PAUSED

7,055 SRs COMPLETE!

Omega Ruby Latest Shiny

21 Random DexNav Encounters

Now that they got mentioned, I have a few more places I disliked:

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Azure Bay. The camera really screws you, at a certain point it zooms in so much that you navigate the level almost blind.
    This.

While not as bad as the badlands, yeah that camera angle made that route not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaster327 View Post
    No one said Routes 133 and 134? Those water currents sure are irritating, and you need several runs to beat everyone. ORAS helped slightly in getting to the Sealed Chamber by making a Soar land spot near the Dive area.
    It wasn't until I got the game guide for ORAS that these routes were easy to get through. The first time, with no game guide? really irritating to get through!

Another route that's annoying is Sinnoh Route 217.
    The first time I played Platinum and I go to that point, I was thinking "will this route never end!?"

Yeah, it was boring and tedious enough, at that point in time, to get through, it felt like an eternity before I reached the end.

Claimed by me!

Pacifidlog was just plain frustrating in Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, waiting forever for Mirage Island to show up. At least now we have Mirage Islands et al every day in ORAS and don't have to rely on that old guy anymore.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 (hawlucha) NEW!! 2/6 NEW!! 2/16 NEW!! 2/17 NEW!! 2/19 NEW!! 2/22 NEW!! 2/24 NEW!! 2/26
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR

Quote Originally Posted by Painkiller2001 View Post
    Lumiose Badlands.
    The only place, so far, that I've hated going through in any Pokemon game.

A location with wild Pokemon that, nine times out of ten, have arena trap and there's no way to avoid them? No thank you!
    I also am not too much of a fan of this area. I hate the winds that will show up randomly and blow you away from where you want to go.Also what on earth do those other three doors lead too?I also dislike Kalos Route 1 because it is way too short and literally serve no purpose other than it leads to the next town.
    "Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!" Watchy Watchog

Route 210's Defog segment. Because Fog was an awful weather condition, and having to waste a move slot for this one section is kind of a bother.

Route 217. Apart from that little Yuki-Onna reference, this was dreadful. Navigating through piles of snow and blizzards is bad enough IRL...

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Empoleon View Post
    Route 210's Defog segment. Because Fog was an awful weather condition, and having to waste a move slot for this one section is kind of a bother.
    My god I hate Defog.

I dread having to deal with it again in the Gen 4 remakes.
    LILYCOVE CITY GYM
    Please leave feedback on my gym via PM, if you'd like. I want to make sure people are truly enjoying it.

Lumiose Badlands. The wild Pokemon are not too annoying if you lead with a Ghost-type, Flying-type or a Pokemon with Levitate to negate Arena Trap's effect but the random wind gusts are annoying as they hamper you building up the speed needed to grind over the kinks on the grind rails.

Credit to Brutaka for the awesome banner!
    I have claimed Drapion and Karis from Golden Sun: Dark Dawn.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceOfFacade View Post
    My god I hate Defog.

I dread having to deal with it again in the Gen 4 remakes.
    Come on.With the Generation VI buff,Defog isn't that terrible.And I'm pretty sure they will keep the buff in the Sinnoh remakes,if they ever come out.
    Anyways,I should as well do my own list.
    Kanto-Rock Tunnel,I just find it incredibly depressing.
    Johto-Mt.Mortar.It's extremely confusing,doesn't have enough Trainers to battle,and that only worsens Johto's ridiculous level curve.
    Hoenn-All the routes with ocean currents.I always worry about missing something.
    Sinnoh-Route 217,the speed drop in the deep snow is vicious.Also,unlike the marshlands,it is not optional.
    Unova-Twist Mountain,the design and the background music are horrible.On top of this,you can't get some items and battle certain trainers until winter.

I did not remember a single one until route 210 in Sinnoh was mentioned. Go through a bunch of brutal Ace Trainers in accuracy lowering fog or nerf your team with an HM slave for Defog. Pick your poison.