Thread: The Official "If Pokemon Were Real..." thread

Default The Official "If Pokemon Were Real..." thread

These threads pop up a lot, so rather than have a hundred threads discussing the same thing, it'll all go here now.

Use this thread to discuss how a world where Pokemon are real might be, such as:

• How people go about their daily lives
    • What effect Pokemon would have
    • Do people eat Pokemon
    • How people might use Pokemon
    • etc.

This thread is not for discussing what you would do if you had Pokemon, that goes in this thread.

Make sure to stay on topic, we'll be watching closely.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I'm pretty sure everyone would eat Magikarp...
    To lack fear is stupidity, to face it is bravery.

Quote Originally Posted by Murder Doll View Post
    I'm pretty sure everyone would eat Magikarp...
    Magikarp have been considered in-universe to not taste good. Octillery calamari would be pretty good, though.
    http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=35776

i'm pretty sure i just found the most hilarious pogeymanz are satan discussion ever

Cursed Body though...eating a Frillish would give you indigestion for weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Murder Doll View Post
    Cursed Body though...eating a Frillish would give you indigestion for weeks.
    And, you know, the fact that calamari is squid and not jellyfish. I'm an idiot

Well, if the Frillish had Water Absorb there wouldn't be much issue.

i'm pretty sure i just found the most hilarious pogeymanz are satan discussion ever

Octillery though...look at the size of them tentacles, plenty of meat to go around.

what do we do with the fainting pokemon? i mean, were going to be trainers right? as trainers were going to fight wild pokemon, and they'll perhaps faint. we will probably have bushes full of fainted pokemon :[.
    claimed budew
    claimed Arcade Star Dahlia
    currently training my perfect EV&IV&HA Tyrantrum

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziken.Babe View Post
    what do we do with the fainting pokemon? i mean, were going to be trainers right? as trainers were going to fight wild pokemon, and they'll perhaps faint. we will probably have bushes full of fainted pokemon :[.
    They'd come back to consciousness like any normal creature, or predators would take advantage of the opportunity to get some fresh meat. It wouldn't be much of a concern.

I would never swim in a lake again for fear of a Gyarados.
    Dark Friend Safari with
    - -
    Friend Code: 0576 - 5970 - 2604

PM before you add me!

My main Pokémon would be Mawile, and I'd Mega Evolve her on occasion. I'd also have a Shinx, Glaceon, Vulpix, Leavanny, Leafeon, and occasionally an Excadrill.
    Need to complete the Pokedex!

Anna the Pokémon Breeder and hopefully future Coordinator

Planned ORAS Team:

PETA wouldn't allow us to treat Pokemon the way we do in games.

Quote Originally Posted by Joth View Post
    I would never swim in a lake again for fear of a Gyarados.
    that'd just be scary, man. Imagine Gyarados biting your leg off.

Quote Originally Posted by Swagmonster View Post
    PETA wouldn't allow us to treat Pokemon the way we do in games.
    I agree with this. Pokémon battles would literally be the same as those dog fights where you bet on dogs to multiply your money. I forgot what it is called, but yeah.
    claimed budew
    claimed Arcade Star Dahlia
    currently training my perfect EV&IV&HA Tyrantrum

If Pokemon were real we'd all be boned. Steel dinosaurs, fire breathing dogs, ghost lurking in your shadow, soul eating Pokemon, heart shaped fish?! Nah man, I'm not having any of that.

3DS Friendcode: 3668-9794-6890

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Use this thread to discuss how a world where Pokemon are real might be, such as:

• Do people eat Pokemon
    The better question would be: Do Pokémon eat people?

Like would a wild Pokémon like Mightyena, Ursaring, Pyroar kill and eat a human if it's hungry enough? I think they would.

Also I bet that every Pokémon that learns Teleport would be our transportation slaves. Or... maybe the supersmart Pokémon like Alakazam and Metagross would turn their powers against us and enslave mankind.

In our world our lands are littered by roads and cars. Imagine all the dead rattata we'd see on the side of the roads! Along with stantlers, bidoofs, etc.
    Someone once told me that Misty's cameos in Advanced Generation help make it easier knowing that she is no longer a series regular. They couldn't have been more wrong. After she leaves behind Togepi she returns to her gym more alone than ever AND ON TOP OF THAT, her last cameo was in 2005. 2005!?!?!? ITS BEEN TEN YEARS SINCE ONE OF THE CAST WHO STARTED THE SHOW WAS ACTUALLY ON THE SHOW!?!?

Why do we even watch Pokemon anymore

Wars throughout history would get...rather creative
    Shinies: Beast + creation trios (Gift) (In-game event) bird trio musketeer trio (SR) (search) (random), (traded away) Sylveon (trade) (MM)
    Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi
    UTC: +12
    Mesprit shiny hunt(on hold): 3100 SR
    Mewtwo shiny hunt: 3800 SR
    X Team: Chesnaught, Charizard, Aurorus, Tentacruel, Klefki, Malamar
    Y Team: Greninja, Venusaur, Gardevoir, Aegislash, Hawlucha, Avalugg

I imagine some POkemon would be used for transportation. A person who has a Braviary could just fly to school or work instead of taking a train. a person could cross a river with their Lapras instead of a ferry. Perhaps if pokemon were real there wouldn't be as many cars in the world, just ride your Arcanine everywhere xD
    ////

Bouffalant burgers do sound mighty tasty.

Having Pokemon as pets would be interesting too. I'll bet burglary wouldn't happen often if people had Arcanines and Houndooms around.

I definitely wouldn't want to see spiders the size of Ariados though. That's a whole lot of nope right there.

We would be able to leave school when we became 10. But it would be hard to sleep with all those ghosts pokemon. Then again if you can't sleep get a jigglypuff. Also jobs would be easier with some pokemon, miners could use digging pokemon like excadrill, police could easily stop criminals with pokemon. Also we would be able to survive pokemon attacks like in the show because if pokemon were with us since humans first existed (which they would have been, because of prehistoric pokemon) then human bodies would adapt to be able to take the attacks most likely. Sure it would still hurt, but you wouldn't die from it. So it could be good and bad.

But PETA wouldn't let us battle. I mean I like animal rights but PETA should stop making rip offs of FAKE games and start saving some REAL animals. They don't know how many times the show and games say to treat pokemon fairly and that they are not slaves, seriously one of the main themes is friendship. Sorry I got a bit off topic there.

Ok if you want to battle me I will most likely do battle spot rules, but I will do smogon too sometimes. I don't hate smogon it' just that I like battle spot rules better and play them a lot more. But every once in a while I might battle with smogon rules.

Friend code: 2165-6624-1567

Some of my favorite pokemon:

If pokemon suddenly showed up in the world right now? Humanity would be screwed. I'm quite certain a good 70% of pokemon would either kill or eat humans, many of them would be heavily resistant to human weaponry, and they can breed incredibly fast. If a tyranitar angered can level an entire mountain, imagine what an army of them could do.

If it was like the show where humans and animals alike look cartoony, there is no blood and we never age or die? That would be cool I guess.

it could be just like in pokespe and it would be awsome (although my city could be blown up by a dragonite)