Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Pokemon Are Least Likely to Mega Evolve?

Default What Pokemon Are Least Likely to Mega Evolve?

Since the introduction of Mega Evolution we've seen a fairly wide array of Pokemon who can take on new forms, and in some cases ones which seemed unlikely to be given special attention after years of uselessness (like Beedrill and Mawile). For a while now we've been speculating on which Pokemon will Mega Evolve next, and some such as the pseudo-legendaries, starters and branch evolutions of Pokemon who already Mega Evolve seem like their eventual addition to the roster is inevitable.

However, not all Pokemon are guaranteed to eventually be given a Mega Evolution. Here is my list and the reasons why;

Raichu
    While I like Raichu, it seems unlikely that Game Freak would give a major improvement to Raichu when they've put so much work into giving Pikachu the major boosts. The Light Ball (and therefore Volt Tackle), the additional Cosplay moves, access to special moves such as Surf... these are all to make Pikachu viable while Raichu is a less marketable alternative. Apart from another anime episode to remind us that Pikachu wants to stay a Pikachu forever, I don't see what Mega Raichu would have to offer to a series where its unevolved form is the mascot.

Farfetch'd
    To this day some fans just haven't got their heads around the intentional pointlessness of Farfetch'd. Farfetch'd is based on a Japanese saying about a bizarre and fortunate occurance, like a tasty duck which carries a leek for ideal soup. Farfetch'd used to be a one-off in the original games, a rare Pokemon you could trade a common Spearow for, but who lacked Spearow's potential to evolve into a strong Fearow. Even Farfetch'd's signature held item is just a plain old Stick. While there's the chance that Farfetch'd could have a Mega, it would need a highly beneficial ability to boost its stats beyond the 100 BST boost from Mega Evolving, because even that wouldn't make it very strong. And it's just not what Farfetch'd is about. Farfetch'd was created long before the competitive scene ever came to anything and simply isn't fit for that purpose. It's just a rare, peculiar little novelty Pokemon.

Marowak
    Marowak would certainly benefit from more attention, but a Mega Evolution would eliminate its Thick Club from potential use, much as the Mega Latis are weaker than their original forms holding the Soul Dew. If Marowak gains an ability like Huge Power which gives its attack a boost like the Thick Club could, then it may be possible.

Ditto
    This one's pretty simple: why Mega Evolve a Pokemon which transforms into another species before the first turn is up? One of Ditto's biggest drawbacks is the almost-certain reduction in HP compared to what it copies, and that's the one stat Mega Evolution can't boost. Plus Ditto relies on a held item to be of any real use, and a Mega Stone would take that away.

All Eeveelutions
    It would be downright bizarre if any of the Eeveelutions Mega Evolved but not all of them did. Their stats are designed to parallel and contrast each other and there are very likely more to come in future generations. They're never going to add a secondary type to the Eeveelutions either. They are among the most marketable Pokemon there are largely because of how similar and yet distinctive their designs are. Adding a Mega for every single would be unnecessary, especially when none of them have unique skills which no other Pokemon of the same type can have.

Porygon-Z
    While I am a big fan of them and would like to see more expansion of the Porygon family (except in the anime of course- that's a long-lost cause) there are a couple of reasons why they're unlikely to gain a Mega. Firstly, they're man-made Pokemon and wouldn't fit within the mythos. Secondly, Porygon-Z is based on a corrupted file and therefore it doesn't make sense for its true, innate power to be released in the form of a "Mega" Porygon-Z... a more likely scenario is an alternative third form based on a vaccine, maybe with more defense power. But Mega Porygon-Z would be a major plot hole, not to mention how the anime would have to bury it.

Mew
    Mewtwo was one of the first Pokemon to Mega Evolve, and one of only two so far to have two Megas. I don't see Mew being so lucky, again because of Mew's role in the mythos: it seems odd for a Pokemon from which all others descend to have a Mega form, especially when the new form wouldn't be able to have the across-the-board BST and would lose Mew's simple design. I think Mew is likely to stay as it is and let Mewtwo hog the Mega glory.

Unown
    This is a lost cause. Firstly, why complicate a minimal design? Secondly, it will still have only a single attack. Thirdly, Unown are supposed to have a hive mind so an individual one Mega Evolving would make no sense... and oh yeah, IT WOULD STILL BE USELESS IN BATTLE. Unown are there for world-building, puzzles and tedious hunting. An extra hundred points won't help that, and nor should it.

Wobbuffet
    Wobbuffet has nothing to gain from Mega Evolving. Its mammoth HP stat won't be boosted, it has no use for extra Attack, Special Attack or Speed. It has as good an ability as it could ask for in Shadow Tag. Higher defences would allow it to last longer, but also dish out less counter-damage. And it would lose its hold item. It ain't broke, so no need to fix it.

Plusle and Minun
    These guys are a relic of a bygone age when double battles and abilities were new aspects of the game and they were a factor in teaching players how to use them, as their abilities were purpose-built for double battles. They're also meant to be cute, nearly identical and just not very threatening. There wouldn't be a point. You can only have one Mega on your team per battle, so having a Mega Plusle and a regular Minun together, or vice versa, would defeat the gimmick. Other Pikaclones like Pachirisu, Emolga and Dedenne also don't seem like top priority for Megas, but they're more likely to be put to use than the cheerleading twins.

Spinda
    Spinda demands enough work already without another variation and its millions of sub-variations. Spinda is like another Unown case; it's there for collection purposes and show off the more detailed, full-colour sprites the GBA had to offer back in the early 21st Century. I'll be very surprised if Game Freak ever decide to make Spinda even more complicated for the programmers.

Deoxys
    Deoxys already has three alternate formes, and while a Mega would have a higher total and be stronger on the whole (not helping that minuscule HP though) I doubt they would do anything to make the Attack, Defence and Speed formes redundant, nor would a Mega Evolution be able to reflect all of Deoxys' facets. Deoxys was an early introduction to Formes, and is unlikely to jump on the latest bandwagon now. ORAS was the perfect time if they were ever going to introduce a Mega Deoxys, so I can safely assume it won't happen.

Rotom
    Rotom is another Pokemon who, like Deoxys, has enough Formes as it is. While it would be nice for the plain old Ghost/Electric Rotom to have stats comparable with its appliance formes, or even exceed them by Mega Evolving, Rotom already has enough variations going on as it is.

Giratina
    It's likely that Diamond and Pearl will be remade in a few years, but not Platinum. So while Dialga and Palkia will receive some sort of power-up, Giratina already has a forme change as a result of holding a specific item. I imagine that the Orbs will be retconned into evolutionary items like the Red and Blue Orbs in ORAS, but the Griseous Orb already transforms Giratina.

Arceus
    A few reasons for this: firstly, you can't boost all of its stats equally and that equilibrium is party of Arceus' design. Secondly, Arceus' look and capabilities depend on a held Plate, and a Mega Stone would eliminate the possibility of holding a Plate unless they pulled a Rayquaza and made Arceus evolve without a held item... which would be way too powerful. Arceus with a BST of 820, access to all the Plates and Judgment...? I don't think so. Thirdly, Arceus having an alternative forme just seems wrong to me, like with Mew. it just seems like Arceus shouldn't change that much, Plate-inspired colour schemes aside.

Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus
    Same as Giratina and Deoxys- they already have alternate formes. An improved BST would of course be a great thing, but I think these guys had their day in the spotlight and are unlikely to see another.

Kyurem
    In a way, Black and White Kyurem can be seen as a sort of precursor to what would later be called Mega Evolution. There are of course differences, as rather than losing an item slot Kyurem absorbs a few extra offensive points from fusing with Zekrom and Reshiram. Like I said with Giratina, I imagine the possible eventual remake of BW will see a more powerful Zekrom and Reshiram forme for each mascot, but Kyurem won't change a jot.

Let me know any Pokemon you think have slim chance of a Mega in the pipeline.

Just for the sake of a debate, I'm going to point out the ones I disagree with the most.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMage View Post
    Raichu
    While I like Raichu, it seems unlikely that Game Freak would give a major improvement to Raichu when they've put so much work into giving Pikachu the major boosts. The Light Ball (and therefore Volt Tackle), the additional Cosplay moves, access to special moves such as Surf... these are all to make Pikachu viable while Raichu is a less marketable alternative. Apart from another anime episode to remind us that Pikachu wants to stay a Pikachu forever, I don't see what Mega Raichu would have to offer to a series where its unevolved form is the mascot.
    I disagree with this because I think that Gamefreak is going to be tempted to give their mascot a Mega Evolution. Since Pikachu can't Mega Evolve, the obvious choice is Raichu. I could almost see them making it a more menacing version of Pikachu, so technically the focus still remains on Pikachu instead of Raichu.

Porygon-Z
    While I am a big fan of them and would like to see more expansion of the Porygon family (except in the anime of course- that's a long-lost cause) there are a couple of reasons why they're unlikely to gain a Mega. Firstly, they're man-made Pokemon and wouldn't fit within the mythos. Secondly, Porygon-Z is based on a corrupted file and therefore it doesn't make sense for its true, innate power to be released in the form of a "Mega" Porygon-Z... a more likely scenario is an alternative third form based on a vaccine, maybe with more defense power. But Mega Porygon-Z would be a major plot hole, not to mention how the anime would have to bury it.
    I actually find Porygon-Z to be one of the Pokemon most primed for a Mega Evolution. Unlike most Megas that are just random, more powerful forms of Pokemon, a Mega Porygon-Z could actually have a story behind it. Since Porygon-Z is a corrupted file, scientists working on the Porygon program could have created a "software patch" in the form of a Mega Stone. Hence Mega Porygon-Z would be a man-made Mega Evolution, fitting for a man-made Pokemon. Also, you can't really say that it being man-made stops it from getting a Mega, as Mewtwo was the first Mega announced, and it is man-made as well. (If you're curious to see my interpretation of a Mega Porygon-Z, check out my website that I link to in my signature. There's a section for Mega Evolutions I've created.)

Deoxys
    Deoxys already has three alternate formes, and while a Mega would have a higher total and be stronger on the whole (not helping that minuscule HP though) I doubt they would do anything to make the Attack, Defence and Speed formes redundant, nor would a Mega Evolution be able to reflect all of Deoxys' facets. Deoxys was an early introduction to Formes, and is unlikely to jump on the latest bandwagon now. ORAS was the perfect time if they were ever going to introduce a Mega Deoxys, so I can safely assume it won't happen.
    Once again, I have come up with a concept that would work around the obstacles you suggest. My idea is that each form (except Normal) has its own Mega Evolution, so instead of interfering with Deoxys' gimmick, a Mega Evolution(s) would expand upon it. Though, you do have a point, the Delta Episode was just begging for Mega Deoxys and it didn't happen, so that probably means Deoxys won't be getting one any time soon. (Once again, I do have my Mega Deoxys design on my website if anyone is curious.)

Arceus
    A few reasons for this: firstly, you can't boost all of its stats equally and that equilibrium is party of Arceus' design. Secondly, Arceus' look and capabilities depend on a held Plate, and a Mega Stone would eliminate the possibility of holding a Plate unless they pulled a Rayquaza and made Arceus evolve without a held item... which would be way too powerful. Arceus with a BST of 820, access to all the Plates and Judgment...? I don't think so. Thirdly, Arceus having an alternative forme just seems wrong to me, like with Mew. it just seems like Arceus shouldn't change that much, Plate-inspired colour schemes aside.
    I completely disagree. I think that Arceus absolutely needs a Mega Evolution (or something comparable), if only to allow it to regain its throne as most powerful Pokemon. The easiest way around the Plate problem is to give Mega Arceus some sort of new ability designed for it that allows it to change types without a Plate (and the added effect of changing the type of Judgement too). It may sadly make Plates worthtless, but it would still invoke Arceus' original concept and allow for it to get a Mega. You may think that an alternate Arceus seems wrong, but I think a Mega form would just make it seem that much more godly.

Overall though, save maybe gimmick Pokemon like Wobbuffet, Unown, or Spinda, I think practically any Pokemon is game for Mega Evolution. If Gamefreak wants to do it, I'm sure they'll come up with an idea for how to implement it.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

Also, for news, reviews, info on Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, a Special Episode, and features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website. Come and join us for 20th Anniversary festivities, they've already begun!

Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    I disagree with this because I think that Gamefreak is going to be tempted to give their mascot a Mega Evolution. Since Pikachu can't Mega Evolve, the obvious choice is Raichu. I could almost see them making it a more menacing version of Pikachu, so technically the focus still remains on Pikachu instead of Raichu.
    And i disagree with this. Pikachu is the mascot of the franchise, and if raichu got a mega he'd completely overshadow him. Do you really think game freak and nintendo are going to let that happen ?

Quote Originally Posted by joseph123 View Post
    And i disagree with this. Pikachu is the mascot of the franchise, and if raichu got a mega he'd completely overshadow him. Do you really think game freak and nintendo are going to let that happen ?
    I don't think that a Mega would ever cause Pikachu to be overshadowed. Pikachu is too ingrained already for that to happen. Besides, a Mega in its own family line can only help it become more prominant. It's other Megas that would overshadow it.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

Also, for news, reviews, info on Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, a Special Episode, and features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website. Come and join us for 20th Anniversary festivities, they've already begun!

I don't think that a Mega would ever cause Pikachu to be overshadowed. Pikachu is too ingrained already for that to happen. Besides, a Mega in its own family line can only help it become more prominant. It's other Megas that would overshadow it.
    Nope. If a member of his evolution line got a mega, that would overshadow him because people will stop caring about him and directly evolve him into a raichu for the sake of a mega. Why do you think game freak created the light ball ? So that he keeps having a prominence in battle and not pichu and raichu.

Nope. If a member of his evolution line got a mega, that would overshadow him because people will stop caring about him and directly evolve him into a raichu for the sake of a mega. Why do you think game freak created the light ball ? So that he keeps having a prominence in battle and not pichu and raichu.
    Oh, didn't realize you were talking about in battle. I just meant the concept of the Pokemon itself (which personally, I think is more important than battle viability). Is Pikachu with a Light Ball better than Raichu? I didn't know that.

Check it out!

Oh, didn't realize you were talking about in battle. I just meant the concept of the Pokemon itself (which personally, I think is more important than battle viability). Is Pikachu with a Light Ball better than Raichu? I didn't know that.
    It's up to preference. Pikachu with light ball has higher offenses than Raichu, but all of Raichu's other stats are higher. Raichu can also use an item of its own. Remember that even Raichu's defenses suck, so the slight boost doesn't matter a whole lot.
    I really should get a real sig...

I completely disagree. I think that Arceus absolutely needs a Mega Evolution (or something comparable), if only to allow it to regain its throne as most powerful Pokemon. The easiest way around the Plate problem is to give Mega Arceus some sort of new ability designed for it that allows it to change types without a Plate (and the added effect of changing the type of Judgement too). It may sadly make Plates worthtless, but it would still invoke Arceus' original concept and allow for it to get a Mega. You may think that an alternate Arceus seems wrong, but I think a Mega form would just make it seem that much more godly.
    A much better solution, I think, would be for it to achieve its forme via Key Item, simply having it change form outside of battle, like Deoxys.

Another solution would be for it to change forme by learning a new move, though it wouldn't be as effective, as it requires taking up a slot.
    CLICK IMAGE FOR QR CODE!

Please leave feedback on my gyms via PM, if you'd like. I want to make sure people are truly enjoying them.

This is a really difficult question because it appears that any kind of Pokemon can be given a mega during certain times. If I remember correctly, the creators that they decided which Pokemon would be given mega evolutions by how popular they were and if they really needed a boost in battle. Compared to what we have now, it seems like most Pokemon would need some kind of "power up" in battle, especially common ones like Bibarel and Liepard. I guess on the other hand, they wouldn't be given megas due to being meant as just "common" Pokemon. It's really strange how they did mega evolution, and I'm wondering what they'll do with it in future games and generations.

I guess Ditto may be the one that's least likely to mega evolve judging by its nature to transform. There wouldn't be much to work with if it could mega evolve.

ORDER

one Pokemon that will never mega evolve shuckle
    my favorites

I'd say any Pokemon that has a form change already, especially the legends with a few. They usually have gimmicks revolving around them and a few stat alterations, and in the case of legends, they usually fit into their lore as well.

The Eeveelutions are another one too. The whole point of Eevee is to evolve into many different forms, so giving them Megas just won't feel right, especially if not all of them got one.

I believe Dragonite would be the one to never mega evolve. (Dragonite-ite-ite-ite)
    I think that ditto should be able to transform into a pokemon and if it's holding the stone for what
    it turned into. It'll act as that pokemon. (IE - Ditto changes intoa Charizard while holding a
    "Charizardite" and can mega evolve into Charizard X/Y).
    POLIWHIRL MASTER RACE

Where was it said Pikachu couldn't Mega Evolve?

Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    Where was it said Pikachu couldn't Mega Evolve?
    Only fully evolved pokemon or pokemon with no evolutions can mega evolve. Anyway I agree that Ditto, Unown and perhaps Rotom are least likely to mega evolve. Both Ditto and Unown possess one move and they don't really get used a lot apart from Ditto going into Daycare. Rotom has it's alternate forms and each form has a different secondary type to combat several types which means it doesn't really need mega evolution as it is.
    Currently playing Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Awaiting Pokemon Z and the next pokemon movie.

Currently own: All gen 4, 5 and 6 main series games.

Feel free to check out my hilarious signature!

Currently avoiding the giant chicken so I won't destroy half the city when fighting the chicken!

Oh no, oh no, oh no! Oh Yeah! Okay, can everyone please stop saying oh no in the court room cause the Kool Aid man keeps coming in!

Oh that dog of mine!

Oh haven't you heard? Bird is the word!

Hmm, I would say novelty Pokemon, like Delibird and Castform. Also, Pokemon that already have multiple forms like the aforementioned Castform, and also Rotom and a few others, probably don't have much chance of getting mega evolutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander18 View Post
    Only fully evolved pokemon or pokemon with no evolutions can mega evolve.
    Again, where is this stated? This is never mentioned in the games.

That is the precedent, nothing more. Whether or not the precedent continues into future installments remains to be seen.

Although honestly, anything with multiple forms (i.e., Deoxys, Rotom, etc.) seems fairly unlikely at this point, but who knows?
    One of the writers for the PotW, and apparently the keeper of sanity and order.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

It is pretty obvious Pikachu cannot mega evolve. Professor Sycamore said that Pikachu couldn't mega evolve in the anime and therefore it cannot in the games. Raichu might gain a mega evolution though.
    Currently playing Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Awaiting Pokemon Z and the next pokemon movie.

Currently own: All gen 4, 5 and 6 main series games.

Feel free to check out my hilarious signature!

Currently avoiding the giant chicken so I won't destroy half the city when fighting the chicken!

Oh no, oh no, oh no! Oh Yeah! Okay, can everyone please stop saying oh no in the court room cause the Kool Aid man keeps coming in!

Oh that dog of mine!

Oh haven't you heard? Bird is the word!

It's not. It's just people assuming. It's just like the people who said Pokemon that evolved with stones couldn't get Mega's until Gallade got one.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    Check out my Power Ranger FanFics:https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1802430/
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

It may not be directly stated, but Mega Evolution is inferred to be a stage of evolution beyond normal evolution, meaning it comes when a Pokemon can't evolve. Also, with all the Megas we've gotten already, if it where possible for a non-fully evolved Pokemon to Mega Evolve, we probably would have seen it happen already. The only way I could see a non-fully evolved Pokemon Mega Evolving is if a new evolution is given to a Pokemon that can already Mega Evolve. Like maybe gen 7 gives a normal evolution to Lucario or something like that, but such a scenario seems like it would be avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    It's not. It's just people assuming. It's just like the people who said Pokemon that evolved with stones couldn't get Mega's until Gallade got one.
    I'm sorry, but it's really not the the same thing. Pokemon that evolve through stones are relatively rare compared to other Pokemon. Non-fully evolved Pokemon are not only common when compared to fully evolved Pokemon, but outnumber them. By pure statistical probability, it's conceivable that they wouldn't make a Pokemon that evolves via stones a Mega by random chance. But with how much more common non-fully evolved Pokemon are, we would have almost certainly seen one by now if it were possible.

All that aside, if it where possible for Pikachu to Mega Evolve, don't you think they would have done it already? Why wait? Pikachu is their mascot, and Mega Evolution is the fad of Gen 6. It's an obvious choice to combine them if it is possible.

Check it out!

Generally I'd say the least likely Pokémon to mega evolve are Pokémon that are particularly small and cute or else already have a special feature like a form difference.

Raichu
    A Mega Evolution for Raichu might help to boost the popularity of the Pikachu line within the fandom. Raichu is the evolved form of the series mascot so it might help to promote the series by giving it a mega evolved form.

Pikachu's the face of the franchise and the star of the anime. He's what everyone associates with Pokémon. At this point I'd say there would be very little that could overshadow him and certainly not his evolved form getting a mega evolution.

Marowak
    Marowak would certainly benefit from more attention, but a Mega Evolution would eliminate its Thick Club from potential use, much as the Mega Latis are weaker than their original forms holding the Soul Dew. If Marowak gains an ability like Huge Power which gives its attack a boost like the Thick Club could, then it may be possible.
    The bone club isn't an item it's part of Marowak's body and several of the Pokémon's moves including Bone Club and Bonemerang rely on it's existence. A bit like Oshawott's Schalchop. Presumably the bone would just become bigger or more deadly looking if Marowak mega evolved.

I'm sorry, but it's really not the the same thing. Pokemon that evolve through stones are relatively rare compared to other Pokemon. Non-fully evolved Pokemon are not only common when compared to fully evolved Pokemon, but outnumber them. By pure statistical probability, it's conceivable that they wouldn't make a Pokemon that evolves via stones a Mega by random chance. But with how much more common non-fully evolved Pokemon are, we would have almost certainly seen one by now if it were possible.
    All that aside, if it where possible for Pikachu to Mega Evolve, don't you think they would have done it already? Why wait? Pikachu is their mascot, and Mega Evolution is the fad of Gen 6. It's an obvious choice to combine them if it is possible.
    I don't think the Pokémon chosen for mega evolution so far were randomly selected. I think they were chosen deliberately from Pokémon that are either popular within the fandom or else are particularly strong or badass looking. It's obvious so far that it's restricted to final stage evolution Pokémon as Professor Sycamore refers to it as a further stage of evolution in the first episode of XY. But there's no reason why Pikachu shouldn't get an an exemption from this simply by virtue of the fact that he's Pikachu. And it could be tied into the anime well.

The reason to delay any introduction of a mega Pikachu would be for sensationalist purposes. It makes it more interesting if you introduce the concept slowly. ORAS introduced more Mega evolutions on top of the ones that XY had already introduced, including new mega evolved forms of the three Hoenn starters. If it's going to happen, a Mega Pikachu might be something to introduce in a later episode of the XY series. That would make sense - introduce the concept of mega evolution to the protagonist (and thus the audience) in the start of the series, and then give it to the protagonist at the climax.

In my opinion the reason not to give Pikachu a mega evolved form is the same reason he doesn't evolve in the anime - he's perfect as he is. Pikachu's designs is simple but it's both very cute. It's hard to see what could be gained by altering his form for mega evolution.

It's a good point. I had thought that about Ash and Mega Evolution when they first released the poster for XYZ. It seemed such an obvious thing to do as to bring back one of Ash's older Pokémon and mega evolve it for the same reason. Turns out it's Sawyer who's getting Mega Sceptile and Ash is getting the "ash Greninja" which seems to be some sort of "Mega evolution lite."
    Last edited by Pikachu52; 22nd November 2015 at 7:59 AM.
    This is a story about Ash Ketchum and his loving partner Pikachu. These two share a bond far beyond that of ordinary pokemon and trainer. Together they pursue Ash's dream to be pokemon master and make friends with many different people and pokemon along the way. He and Pikachu train everyday to make this happen to fulfill their dream. But the path to victory is lined with danger. There are many challenges ahead for this couple. Ones that will make them see the world in a new light.

Name: Ivy
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

I really don't see how giving Raichu a mega evolution would affect Pikachu's popularity in any way. Pikachu is a marketing tool, that's all it is and that's all it ever will be.

Furthermore Pikachu is not that popular within the Pokémon fanbase. There are some Pokémon fans who like it, sure, but there are plenty of Pokémon that are more popular within the fanbase. Charizard, Lucario, Arceus, do I need to go on?

Also, Pikachu will remain a marketing tool even if Raichu got a mega evolution. There is nothing that will ever stop that.

As for Pokémon who are unlikely to get a mega evolution. I don't think such a Pokémon even exists. All Pokémon will get a mega evolution eventually, I still have that concept, but I'm not gonna complain about it further as I already made my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze The Movie Fan View Post
    I really don't see how giving Raichu a mega evolution would affect Pikachu's popularity in any way. Pikachu is a marketing tool, that's all it is and that's all it ever will be.
    And mega evolution is also a marketing tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze The Movie Fan
    Furthermore Pikachu is not that popular within the Pokémon fanbase. There are some Pokémon fans who like it, sure, but there are plenty of Pokémon that are more popular within the fanbase. Charizard, Lucario, Arceus, do I need to go on?
    So? It it doesn't matter. Pikachu may not be as loved as other pokemon in the fanbase, but it's still a very reconised one worldwide.

and what about smeargle? it could have its offensive stats boosted to make it actually more useful for attacking but since it has access to virtually every single move it would be way too overpowered

Signature edited due to exceeding awesomeness limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
    claimed vanillish, super smash bros for 3ds, master hand and quick man stage soundtrack (smash 4 version)

And mega evolution is also a marketing tool.
    My point is I find it ridiculous to assume that giving Raichu a mega evolution will somehow make Pikachu less of a marketing tool. I really don't see how that works. Nothing is gonna change the fact that Pikachu is a marketing tools.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast