View Poll Results: ?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • ?

0 0%
  • ?

0 0%
Page 292 of 319 FirstFirst ... 192242282288289290291292293294295296302 ... LastLast
Results 7,276 to 7,300 of 7958

Thread: Create/Rename/Change Anything and Everything!!!

Elite 4 Members.

NOTE: This corresponds with my previous post.

Ice: 3rd member of the (new) Hoenn league

Specialty: Ice

Appearance: ever played Pokemon Ranger Shadows of Almia? Then you should know who he is.

Quotes:
    Before battle (not you): So you'll challenge me huh. Ok then, come at me!

After battle (not you): ... This is a little saddening... I thought trainers who came here should be strong enough to at least take one of my pokemon out...

Before battle (you): *player*! You made it! It took you long enough! The first time I met you in Perlian City, I knew you would end up here if you got two badges then! But, this is a battle! I will not hold back! Will you be able to penetrate my Icy Defensive Walls?

After first non KO hit: you maged to withstand, great job my pokemon!

After lat pokemon has been sent out: So it's all up to you know... Don't fail me!

Less han half HP: So this is how it'll end huh.

When defeated: ........ *player*... You winning against me means you have gone over halfway through the league...

When victorious: *player*! Is this really the best you can do!?

After defeat: Go on to the next room! The final member of the Elite Four awaits you!

Afterword: Hey *player*, today has been really busy, first that girl you just talked with, and then that friend of yours, and now you too! She already went on to the next room, won't you follow her?

Pokemon:

Abomasnow
    Level 60
    Snow Warning
    Snow Storm
    Leaf Storm
    EarthQuake
    Toxic

NOTE: If you remember my post about Snow Warning also bringing Snowy Weather, you should know how impossible this battle will be. This is because the Snowy Weather doubles the Defense and Speed of Ice type pokemon.
    Also, this guy has EV trained his pokemon perfectly in their defensive stats.
    And if you remember, Snow Storm switches like U-Turn and Volt Switch.

Glalie
    Level 57
    Ice Body
    Dark Pulse
    Blizzard
    Flash Cannon
    Double Team

NOTE: Double Team can get immensely annoying really fast, along with this thing healing itself with Ice Body.

Froslass
    Level 57
    Snow Cloak
    Shadow Ball
    Blizzard
    Signal Beam
    Double Team

NOTE: Snow Cloak is just horrible when you go up against this, coupled with Double Team is just annoying.

Beartic
    Level 58
    Snow Cloak
    Dive
    Stone Edge
    Brick Break
    Icicle Crash

NOTE: more offensively oriented than the previous three, Dive should be easy to cpunter.

Walrein
    Level 58
    Ice Body
    EarthQuake
    Surf
    Blizzard
    Curse

NOTE: Like Beartic not really defensive.

Mamoswine
    Level 56
    Thick Fat
    AncientPower
    Earthquake
    Ice Shard
    Peck

NOTE: the only one who doean't benefit from Hail, of course still benefits from Snow.

As you can see, this is really all based on weather, you take the weather away, you just have to deal with your aerage high power E4 member.

Winona: 4th member of the (new) Hoenn League.

Specialty: Flying

Appearance: she appears to be wearing a cloudy, cottony dress resembling an Altaria, she wears a at which looks like a Swablu sleeping on top of her head.

Quotes:
    After battle (not you): dissapointing... Sorry but you lost... Maybe if you were more graceful you could have won...

Before battle (you): Are you another challenger? That girl over there... She just lost... Make sure it wasn't an ungraceful battle like that one OK?

First non KO hit:That you were graceful and speedy enough to pull that of, that means something.

After last pokemon has been sent out: .....

Less than half HP: we might lose this...

When defeated: ... You speed is inmeasurable.

When victorious: ... My grace proved victorious.

After defeat: You have won against me! This means that you can now battle the final obstacle, the Champion! With the Power, Defense, Tricks, Grace and Speed you picked up while battling us, you are surely ready to battle the Champion!

Afterword: You are not gone yet? You can face the Champion! Show your talent! Don't be afraid! You can win!

Pokemon:

Tropius
    Level 61
    Harvest
    Air Slash
    Leaf Tornado
    Dragon Pulse
    Silver Wind

Skarmory
    Level 60
    Keen Eye
    Steel Wing
    EarthQuake
    Spikes
    Aerial Ace

Pelliper
    Level 60
    Keen Eye
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Air Slash
    Shock Wave

Xatu
    Level 59
    Magic Bounce
    Calm Mind
    Stored Power
    Shadow Ball
    Air Cutter

Masquerain
    Level 62
    Intimidate
    Ice Beam
    Water Pulse
    Air Slash
    Bug Buzz

Altaria
    Level 63
    Natural Cure
    Flamethrower
    Dragon Dance
    Cotton Guard
    Dragon Pulse
    Last edited by dirkac; 29th September 2012 at 4:06 AM.

Creating a move here

Name: Ice spray
    Power:50
    Accuracy:100
    Learned by: only Glalie at level 52 and Glaceon at level 50.

The Pokemon sends a spray of crystallized ice at the Pokemon, inflicting damage.

Sig under construction

Villain:

Name: Murdoc

Biography: Pursued and tried to kill Angus MacGyver for years, he is a member of the Homicide International Trust and a Pokemon Trainer. He however, trains his Pokemon to kill others.

Pokemon:
    Charizard
    Feraligatr
    Rhyperoir
    Nidoking
    Scizor
    Ursaring

Beware of Murdoc. Consult MacGyver before you run into him.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Quote Originally Posted by pikadon92 View Post
    Move for Heatmor: Flametongue
    Type: Fire
    Cat: Special, On-Contact
    Power: 75
    Acc: 100
    PP:10
    Target: One Pokemon adjacent to user.
    Effect: User recovers half the HP damage it inflicts.

Any pokemon that knows lick and can generally learn fire moves can receive this attack through breeding.
    That's a really creative move. Although, I would make it physical rather than special. I realize Heatmor's special attack is higher, though. Plus, think of all the Field Egg Group Pokemon that would get a hold of this move and benefit greatly from it (especially physically inclined ones). And not to make the move overpowered, but I would also suggest a 10% chance to burn.

New PokeBalls:

BW Ball: Has a 4x chance of capture against Pokemon in the Black or White Color Groups.
    appearance: Simple black on top, white on bottom hemispheres. Vivid light blue equatorial.

Grey Ball: Has a 2.5x chance of capture against Pokemon in the Grey Color Group.
    appearance: Solid Metal grey on both hemispheres, same vivid light blue originating pole to pole, with 8 lines of longitude.

I'm actually amazed they did not add anymore Poke Ball designs or opening sequences this gen. We had little stamp animations last generation, and that's always a nice touch for creativity.

I'd also recommend some move set additions...

Scolipede; Wild Charge, (either) Hone Claws or Coil, some way of getting U-Turn, Heavy Slam/Iron Head (it seems weird that it cannot get either), and HEAD SMASH! This thing is dying to wreck UU competitive play and any recoil move it can get it's hands on to put it in Swarm activation range, it needs. Also, centipedes are quite adapt at turning around quickly and running. I don't know if this was intentional, but come on! Of all the bugs to not get U-Turn... :/

Default Dual-Type Pokemon Moves

Wouldn't it be easier to deliver a 4x damaging move Just by selecting it in battle? if the two moves are effective against a dual-type pokemon, it would bring up a 8x damaging move! It would bring Pokemon gaming to an entirely new level.

But, lets see why nintendo might choose not to do this, With it the game would be broken. Unless there were only a few Dual-type moves for certain pokemon. with Gen 5 Introducing Combo moves, I think this would be a great chance to try out Dual-Type moves sets and give Pokemon a chance to regain some lost fans.

Discuss how this might effect the game, or if this would even work, and whether you like this idea or not.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

This is NOT a good idea. Otherwise,Gamefreak would have done that by now.

This would be unfair Pokemon with a 4x weakness such as Abomasnow-The lowest powerful fire+rock move would destroy it.

This is just too over overpowered and can provide no fun in battling whatsoever.

I don't know whether it would be good or not, it would probably be interesting but almost every Pokémon would get a 4x weakness against some moves. I get your though of Dual-type moves though Like: Scald would be Water/Fire, Dual Chop would be Dragon/Fighting, Mega Punch/Kick would be Normal/Fighting, etc.
    Click on these Pokémon to make them happy and healthy!:

Spoiler:- Credits:

Pokémon Red Water-monotype challenge team:

Pokémon Emerald Water-monotype challenge team:
    Pokémon Fire Red Nuzlocke challenge team:

I feel that having dual typed moves would be pushing the envelope. If it were a good idea I think it would have happened by now.
    Pokemon Omega Ruby DexNavlocke

Badges: 2
    Deaths: 0

Duel Type moves, like duel type pokemon?

That sounds... awesome. But, I could imagine if there will be a gen... 6.
    Y IGN is Arkis, X IGN is Starvein, OR IGN is Arkis, AS IGN is Sabiah

It's an interesting idea, but hopelessly unbalanced. Even single typed Pokemon wouldn't be safe from potentially taking 4x damage from certain moves. Besides, imagine what a Water-Grass combo would do to a Pokemon like Golem? Ouch...

From a competitive standpoint, such a thing would be too overpowered to effectively add to the game. I'd like to see some more type combos (Ghost-Steel, Fire-Water) on actual Pokemon first.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

It would only happen if this happened:

The dual-type move has a 50% chance of being one type or the other.

For example, if they made Solar Beam a Fire/Grass move, half of the time it would end up as a Grass move, and the other half a Fire move. See what I mean?
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

I doubt it would ever happen, mainly for the reason that BritishWeavile gave. Any move that could potentially be 8x effective would pretty much be an instant KO, which would completely unbalance the game. Unless literally every move became duel type, but that would just be ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    It would only happen if this happened:

The dual-type move has a 50% chance of being one type or the other.

For example, if they made Solar Beam a Fire/Grass move, half of the time it would end up as a Grass move, and the other half a Fire move. See what I mean?
    This actually sounds like a pretty good idea. Although I'd imagine that these moves would be slightly more powerful.

xxx

I personally think it's a bad idea. It would make battles too easy, and not to mention the moves would be too powerful.

A move causing 4x damage is already overdoing it.

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    That wouldn't make any sense.

It would basically be Super Effective and Not very effective against more types, giving more weaknesses.

The power of dual type moves (if it existed) would probably be halved in terms of effectiveness since it's only 1/2 of one type and 1/2 of the other.

Enough Pokemon get OHKO'd with just a 2x weakness.

It would just unbalance the game even further by making even the durable Pokemon easily susceptible to OHKOs if they can be subjected to a 4x or 8x weakness they didn't previously have.

A water-grass move one a rock/ground pokemon = X8. Then add STAB, the chance of critical hit, abilities, stats affecting move. Imagine a Water/Grass type with maxed Sp Atk Evs, uses work up to maximize his Sp atk, uses a STAB water-grass special move against a Golem... And get a critical hit... Bye bye Golem!

Pokemon games I own:
    PokemonBlue (2 copies)
    Pokemon Silver
    Pokemon Emerald
    Pokemon Fire Red
    Pokemon Leaf Green
    Pokemon Pearl
    Pokemon White
    Pokemon Black 2
    Pokemon Y

At first NO! The pokes with unfortunate quad weaknesses are crap enough as it is, this would just make it worse.

But there is a very simple way on how they could get around doing this.

A dual type moves match-ups would only affect the damage 50% each.
    Type=M*0.5+M*0.5
    Where M is 2, 1, 0.5 or 0, depending on whether the type is weak to the attack, neutral, resistant, or immune.
    (And btw, the STAB would also be halved then obviouly)

So say you have a Water/Ground move like Muddy Water. Using it on:
    Fire=2*0.5+2*0.5=2x
    Poison=1*0.5+2*0.5=1.5x
    Bug=1*0.5+0.5*0.5=0.75x
    etc.

So dual type moves would be half the power then. So if solarbeam was a dual move it would be 60 power for grass and 60 for "???"

I'm not too keen on that idea, as I think it would be unnecessary the game when we already have single typed moves that work well enough as it is. Dual type moves would be interesting to have but I just don't think in principal it would work out great.

Quote Originally Posted by h8on-me View Post
    Wouldn't it be easier to deliver a 4x damaging move Just by selecting it in battle? if the two moves are effective against a dual-type pokemon, it would bring up a 8x damaging move! It would bring Pokemon gaming to an entirely new level.
    No it wouldn't, it would make the game broken and unfair to the point where a weak attack will be enough to one hit knock out a pokémon.

But, lets see why nintendo might choose not to do this,
    Game Freak makes the core pokémon games, not Nintendo.

I think this would be a great chance to try out Dual-Type moves sets and give Pokemon a chance to regain some lost fans.
    Game Freak doesn't care about their lost fans and making the game broken isn't exactly going to bring them back.

Furthermore if these lost fan are no longer playing the game, then it is most likely that they have grown out of the series.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

This is a long thread, and admittedly, I've only read the first and last pages. But I see the same arguments everywhere. Honestly, I believe Dark to be a mixture of both deceitful/evil ways and actual dark energy. I mean Fake Tears, Thief and Sucker Punch clearly fall in the former; but Dark Pulse, Dark Void and Night Slash seem to use Dark energy.
    Therefore, I believe a Light type could also present as a mixture of actual electromagnetic spectrum energy and "goodness"!
    I made a stab with creating attacks, abilities, and type advantages of a Light type that can be found HERE
    I also attempted to design some Light Fakemon which can be seen HERE

I must stress, I am in no way saying there SHOULD be a Light type. It's been a while since Dark and Steel were introduced, the types are now relatively balanced, and people hate change, so it is unlikely. I'm just saying I think there COULD be a Light type.

Not a good idea.It would make Pokemon way complicated.

Omega - 1/1/13

Quote Originally Posted by clintj1206 View Post
    This is a long thread, and admittedly, I've only read the first and last pages. But I see the same arguments everywhere. Honestly, I believe Dark to be a mixture of both deceitful/evil ways and actual dark energy. I mean Fake Tears, Thief and Sucker Punch clearly fall in the former; but Dark Pulse, Dark Void and Night Slash seem to use Dark energy.
    Therefore, I believe a Light type could also present as a mixture of actual electromagnetic spectrum energy and "goodness"!
    I made a stab with creating attacks, abilities, and type advantages of a Light type that can be found HERE
    I also attempted to design some Light Fakemon which can be seen HERE

I must stress, I am in no way saying there SHOULD be a Light type. It's been a while since Dark and Steel were introduced, the types are now relatively balanced, and people hate change, so it is unlikely. I'm just saying I think there COULD be a Light type.
    Dark pulse isn't actual darkness it's just sending out an aura of dark/evil thoughts. Night slash is simply attacking while the enemy's attention is diverted. Dark void can be argued but it's still using cheap tactics.

Page 292 of 319 FirstFirst ... 192242282288289290291292293294295296302 ... LastLast