View Poll Results: ?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • ?

0 0%
  • ?

0 0%
Page 292 of 352 FirstFirst ... 192242282288289290291292293294295296302342 ... LastLast
Results 7,276 to 7,300 of 8777

Thread: Create/Rename/Change Anything and Everything

I don't know whether it would be good or not, it would probably be interesting but almost every Pokémon would get a 4x weakness against some moves. I get your though of Dual-type moves though Like: Scald would be Water/Fire, Dual Chop would be Dragon/Fighting, Mega Punch/Kick would be Normal/Fighting, etc.
    Click on these Pokémon to make them happy and healthy!:

Spoiler:- Credits:

Pokémon Red Water-monotype challenge team:

Pokémon Emerald Water-monotype challenge team:
    Pokémon Fire Red Nuzlocke challenge team:

I feel that having dual typed moves would be pushing the envelope. If it were a good idea I think it would have happened by now.

Dynamite ~ Hologram ~ Plundermouse ~ Alto~ Lolly ~ Flirt

Badges: 7
    Deaths: 7

Duel Type moves, like duel type pokemon?

That sounds... awesome. But, I could imagine if there will be a gen... 6.

Credit to Jolts on Flight Rising (Lightning FTW)

It's an interesting idea, but hopelessly unbalanced. Even single typed Pokemon wouldn't be safe from potentially taking 4x damage from certain moves. Besides, imagine what a Water-Grass combo would do to a Pokemon like Golem? Ouch...

From a competitive standpoint, such a thing would be too overpowered to effectively add to the game. I'd like to see some more type combos (Ghost-Steel, Fire-Water) on actual Pokemon first.
    "By definition, alternative medicine has either not been proven to work, or been proven not to work.
    Do you know what they call alternative medicine that's been proven to work?
    ... Medicine."

~Tim Minchin, Storm

RIP Tay 3/23/2016 - 3/23/2016
    You will be remembered.

It would only happen if this happened:

The dual-type move has a 50% chance of being one type or the other.

For example, if they made Solar Beam a Fire/Grass move, half of the time it would end up as a Grass move, and the other half a Fire move. See what I mean?
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    I walk through the valley of the shadow of death

I doubt it would ever happen, mainly for the reason that BritishWeavile gave. Any move that could potentially be 8x effective would pretty much be an instant KO, which would completely unbalance the game. Unless literally every move became duel type, but that would just be ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    It would only happen if this happened:

The dual-type move has a 50% chance of being one type or the other.

For example, if they made Solar Beam a Fire/Grass move, half of the time it would end up as a Grass move, and the other half a Fire move. See what I mean?
    This actually sounds like a pretty good idea. Although I'd imagine that these moves would be slightly more powerful.

xxx

I personally think it's a bad idea. It would make battles too easy, and not to mention the moves would be too powerful.

A move causing 4x damage is already overdoing it.

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    That wouldn't make any sense.

It would basically be Super Effective and Not very effective against more types, giving more weaknesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended Dialga View Post
    Octoboy, angrily wielding sharp aluminium, killed Sketchie from Utah to honor Schade and Monster Guy's relationship.

The power of dual type moves (if it existed) would probably be halved in terms of effectiveness since it's only 1/2 of one type and 1/2 of the other.

Enough Pokemon get OHKO'd with just a 2x weakness.

It would just unbalance the game even further by making even the durable Pokemon easily susceptible to OHKOs if they can be subjected to a 4x or 8x weakness they didn't previously have.

A water-grass move one a rock/ground pokemon = X8. Then add STAB, the chance of critical hit, abilities, stats affecting move. Imagine a Water/Grass type with maxed Sp Atk Evs, uses work up to maximize his Sp atk, uses a STAB water-grass special move against a Golem... And get a critical hit... Bye bye Golem!

Pokemon games I own:
    PokemonBlue (2 copies)
    Pokemon Silver
    Pokemon Emerald
    Pokemon Fire Red
    Pokemon Leaf Green
    Pokemon Pearl
    Pokemon White
    Pokemon Black 2
    Pokemon Y

At first NO! The pokes with unfortunate quad weaknesses are crap enough as it is, this would just make it worse.

But there is a very simple way on how they could get around doing this.

A dual type moves match-ups would only affect the damage 50% each.
    Type=M*0.5+M*0.5
    Where M is 2, 1, 0.5 or 0, depending on whether the type is weak to the attack, neutral, resistant, or immune.
    (And btw, the STAB would also be halved then obviouly)

So say you have a Water/Ground move like Muddy Water. Using it on:
    Fire=2*0.5+2*0.5=2x
    Poison=1*0.5+2*0.5=1.5x
    Bug=1*0.5+0.5*0.5=0.75x
    etc.

So dual type moves would be half the power then. So if solarbeam was a dual move it would be 60 power for grass and 60 for "???"

I'm not too keen on that idea, as I think it would be unnecessary the game when we already have single typed moves that work well enough as it is. Dual type moves would be interesting to have but I just don't think in principal it would work out great.

Quote Originally Posted by h8on-me View Post
    Wouldn't it be easier to deliver a 4x damaging move Just by selecting it in battle? if the two moves are effective against a dual-type pokemon, it would bring up a 8x damaging move! It would bring Pokemon gaming to an entirely new level.
    No it wouldn't, it would make the game broken and unfair to the point where a weak attack will be enough to one hit knock out a pokémon.

But, lets see why nintendo might choose not to do this,
    Game Freak makes the core pokémon games, not Nintendo.

I think this would be a great chance to try out Dual-Type moves sets and give Pokemon a chance to regain some lost fans.
    Game Freak doesn't care about their lost fans and making the game broken isn't exactly going to bring them back.

Furthermore if these lost fan are no longer playing the game, then it is most likely that they have grown out of the series.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

This is a long thread, and admittedly, I've only read the first and last pages. But I see the same arguments everywhere. Honestly, I believe Dark to be a mixture of both deceitful/evil ways and actual dark energy. I mean Fake Tears, Thief and Sucker Punch clearly fall in the former; but Dark Pulse, Dark Void and Night Slash seem to use Dark energy.
    Therefore, I believe a Light type could also present as a mixture of actual electromagnetic spectrum energy and "goodness"!
    I made a stab with creating attacks, abilities, and type advantages of a Light type that can be found HERE
    I also attempted to design some Light Fakemon which can be seen HERE

I must stress, I am in no way saying there SHOULD be a Light type. It's been a while since Dark and Steel were introduced, the types are now relatively balanced, and people hate change, so it is unlikely. I'm just saying I think there COULD be a Light type.

Not a good idea.It would make Pokemon way complicated.

Omega - 1/1/13

Quote Originally Posted by clintj1206 View Post
    This is a long thread, and admittedly, I've only read the first and last pages. But I see the same arguments everywhere. Honestly, I believe Dark to be a mixture of both deceitful/evil ways and actual dark energy. I mean Fake Tears, Thief and Sucker Punch clearly fall in the former; but Dark Pulse, Dark Void and Night Slash seem to use Dark energy.
    Therefore, I believe a Light type could also present as a mixture of actual electromagnetic spectrum energy and "goodness"!
    I made a stab with creating attacks, abilities, and type advantages of a Light type that can be found HERE

I must stress, I am in no way saying there SHOULD be a Light type. It's been a while since Dark and Steel were introduced, the types are now relatively balanced, and people hate change, so it is unlikely. I'm just saying I think there COULD be a Light type.
    Dark pulse isn't actual darkness it's just sending out an aura of dark/evil thoughts. Night slash is simply attacking while the enemy's attention is diverted. Dark void can be argued but it's still using cheap tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by clintj1206 View Post

The Dark Type is the Evil Type in Japan. It's all about dirty fighting.

All the other types are already the "goodness" you are looking for. They all use a fair strategy or actual skill to their advantage.

I would personally love more types but there aren't many to have:
    Data (someone suggested that earlier)
    ??? (i dunno what moves it could but maybe anti- moves?)

but really no one has to take them on board or anything. they're just my ideas.

Dammit, I've been practically dead. Too busy fighting demons and shadows.......* points evoker at head*....... back to work...* fires*

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Move for Weezing: Smog Blitz
    Type: Poison
    Cat: Physical, On-Contact
    Power: 90
    Acc: 100
    PP:15
    Target: One Pokemon adjacent to user.
    Effect: High Critical-hit Ratio, 30% Chance of Posion

"The user rams into its target while discharging filthy, poisonous gas. Critical hits land more easily."

Quote Originally Posted by pikadon92 View Post
    Move for Weezing: Smog Blitz
    Type: Poison
    Cat: Physical, On-Contact
    Power: 90
    Acc: 100
    PP:15
    Target: One Pokemon adjacent to user.
    Effect: High Critical-hit Ratio, 30% Chance of Posion

"The user rams into its target while discharging filthy, poisonous gas. Critical hits land more easily."
    Very, very powerful, perhaps too powerful. Slash is 70/100 with a high critical hit ratio. A signature move could warrant either a poison chance or a power increase, but not really both.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Default Pokemon Gray idea: The Madness of King Harmonia and other things

Seven deadly Pokemon
    These Pokemon are, of course, based off the seven deadly sins.

Name-Iramon(mix of "ira" and Amon)
    Type-Dark/Fighting(you expect a brutal fighter for wrath)
    Ability-Anger Point(obvious)
    Apperance-An upright bull with bear limbs and devilish horns

Name-Avammon(mix of "Avarice" and Mammon)
    Type-Dark/Rock(rock as in precious stone)
    Ability-Pickpocket(its greedily stealing your item)
    Apperance-A many armed frog with a silver color. The shiny is gold

Name-Assuria(mixing Asmodeus and luxuria)
    Type-Dark/Fire(in Purgatory, the lustful must deal with the heat of their lust)
    Ability-Cute Charm(kind of obvious)
    Apperance-A satyr(also referencing Pan's lustfulness)

Name-Levidia(mixing Leviathan with invidia)
    Type-Normal/Dark(its got nothing special-it wants another type)
    Ability-Mold Breaker(it can't have any real ability, so it'll ruin yours)
    Apperance-A worm with a dogs mouth

Name-Belfedia(Belphegor and Accedia)
    Type-Dark/Ice(water being so lazy it can't be bothered with liquid form)
    Ability-Truant(much like Slaking, it's powerful but can't be bothered)
    Apperance-A sloth!

Name-Gulzabub(Gula and Beezelbub)
    Type-Dark/Bug
    Ability-Gluttony
    Apperance-Locusts

Name-Subecifer(Superbia and Lucifer)
    Type-Dark/Psychic
    Ability-?
    Apperance-Angelic/demonic serpent

The Madness of Ghetsis
    Part of Pokemon Gray is that, due to the events of the previous two games, Ghetsis has completely lost it. While not the main villain, Ghetsis is a part of the plot and is looked after by the Shadow Triad. Ghetsis can barely communicate, and needs the Shadow Triad to execute his plans. Despite this, he's even more vicious. His cape has been replaced by a clothes that are similar to a straight-jacket. Think C-2's normal clothes from Code Geass. Ghetsis lacks a right arm(which I suspect he lost between BW1 and BW2), and his remaining hand is bandaged due to biting it.

You fight him after defeating Stroval, when going up to fight the Elite 4 for a second time. Having run off from the defeat, his clothes are torn and ripped. Instead of fighting you, he immediately beats you out. Before he can summon his Hydreigon, your starter Zoroark stops him. Ghetsis can be seen hunching over, with his hair become long and shaggy. He looks utterly demented. Worse, the remix of his song

"Penance" will be even more warped. His song will start quiet, but get louder. It will lack tone, and be 8-bit-ish. This symbolises his degraded mind. Occasionally it'll return to its orchestral state, but only when Penance becomes a maniacal laugh eg(Pe-HEHE-HEH-nce! PeHEHEH-nce Pe-HEHEHAHEHEHAHAHE PENACE). When you only have one Pokemon, all music cuts out
    Last edited by RedJirachi; 20th March 2013 at 8:32 AM.
    Shinies
    Search:
    Random:
    SR:
    Traded away:
    Gift:
    In-game:
    MM:
    Dexnav:
    Trade: Sylveon

Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi

Latest shiny: Omanyte(40 SR!)

Page 292 of 352 FirstFirst ... 192242282288289290291292293294295296302342 ... LastLast