Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • ?

0 0%
  • ?

0 0%
Page 318 of 318 FirstFirst ... 218268308314315316317318
Results 7,926 to 7,936 of 7936

Thread: Create/Rename/Change Anything and Everything!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Power View Post
    That's only if you see it as a problem. I see it as more room for aggressive expansion in other departments that would have made more sense than Ice resisting Ground, which I don't see and can't find an explanation for.
    Ice resisting Ground would have a viable explanation actually. The type represents cold and freezing temperatures as well as actual ice as well, as shown by moves like Icy Wind, Sheer Cold, etc. Ground becomes frozen and moves involving mud and earth would become less effective to use as they previously were. Not to mention it would be an incredibly coveted resistance than that - one that might actually see the type get more usage, and dull omnipresent Ground-moves slightly.

Water is quite a controversial one and it depends really on how you look at it to decide on the relationship between Ice and Water. A resistance to Dragon might be less justifiable flavour-wise, but it would be useful to it to an extent.

Quote Originally Posted by freezer1 View Post
    Ice resisting Ground would have a viable explanation actually. The type represents cold and freezing temperatures as well as actual ice as well, as shown by moves like Icy Wind, Sheer Cold, etc. Ground becomes frozen and moves involving mud and earth would become less effective to use as they previously were. Not to mention it would be an incredibly coveted resistance than that - one that might actually see the type get more usage, and dull omnipresent Ground-moves slightly.

Water is quite a controversial one and it depends really on how you look at it to decide on the relationship between Ice and Water. A resistance to Dragon might be less justifiable flavour-wise, but it would be useful to it to an extent.
    I don't know how you visualize type resistance in Pokemon, but my way of viewing it is having both entities on equal standing first before letting one hit the other with full impact and see if the the impact would be partly (resistance) or fully (immunity) nullified by some simple chemical/physical/logical explanation, and not your idea that 'ground that is frozen isn't as effective to use (on what, everything?). In the first place, any type that is frozen (the status) isn't even capable of anything, so I would think that we got that covered already.

Example:
    Fire is not just SE on Grass, but can basically take the blow even if Grass is on the offensive, because in both cases Grass is at a disadvantage. It's as simple and intuitive as "fire burns grass". Likewise, a solid rock or steel wall can take quite a beating from a normal, healthy individual because "knuckles will crack".

Whether it's is the verb form (to freeze) or noun form (ice, snow) of Ice type, pitted against the verb form (to quake, to be grounded) or noun form (ground, earth, mud) of Ground type, there's really nothing to suggest that Ground type is resisted by Ice on any fine day. "It'll be a coveted resistance" is an easy way out of all this. Game Freak could do it, and we do have a couple of less intuitive type match-ups, but it won't be an elegant move.

And if the concept that ice freezes water seems controversial to you (even when we have ice freezes ground), you'll have a harder time explaining "ice resist ground" to the average person.
    Last edited by Hidden Power; 24th September 2014 at 6:06 PM.
    The best evolutionary designs are brought about by a balance between change and consistency.
    Artwork by Piper Thibodeau. You can view more of her work here.

Denened
    Type: Dark / Fire
    Ability: Demonize (when the user is hit by a move, the foe's type has a 66.6% chance to turn into Dark*)
    *Turns foe's type regardless if single or double into pure dark, effect remains even after user switches, but fades if foe switches.
    Stats (Base):
    Total: 666
    HP: 166
    Atk: 96
    Def: 66
    SpA: 106
    SpD: 66
    Spe: 166

Level up moves:
    -- Incinerate
    -- Taunt
    -- Torment
    06 Spite
    16 Heat Wave
    26 Foul Play
    36 Extrasensory
    46 Inferno
    56 Punishment
    66 Demonic Hex*
    76 Destiny Bond
    86 Nasty Plot
    96 Wrath of Hades**

Demonic Hex
    Type: Dark
    Category: Special
    Power: 66
    Accuracy: 66
    PP: 6
    Effect: Burns foe when hit. Has a 6.66% to have 666 base power. This move also has a 6.66% chance to crit.

**Wrath of Hades
    Type: Fire
    Category: Special
    Power: ---
    Accuracy: 30
    PP: 5
    Effect: OHKOes the foe with an unstoppable blast of hellfire. No Ability or move can block this attack. (i.e. Protect/Detect and Sturdy/Wonder Guard/Flash Fire won't stop it)

Notable TMs/Move tutors:
    Grudge
    Thief
    Knock Off
    Payback
    Revenge
    Pursuit
    Fire Blast
    Flamethrower
    Explosion
    Shadow Ball
    Dark Pulse
    Quash

If only 666 wasn't taken by vivillon.
    Last edited by SMZCORE; 24th September 2014 at 3:37 PM.
    Black 2 FC: 4729 0026 0417
    Too lazy to put X FC.

I don't know how you visualize type resistance in Pokemon, but my way of viewing it is having both entities on equal standing first before letting one hit the other with full impact and see if there's an existing explanation of why the impact would be partly (resistance) or fully (immunity) nullified by some simple chemical/physical/logical explanation, and not your idea that 'ground that is frozen isn't as effective to use (on what, everything?). In the first place, any type that is frozen (the status) isn't even capable of anything, so I would think that we got that covered already.

Example:
    Fire is not just SE on Grass, but can basically take the blow even if Grass is on the offensive, because in both cases Grass is at a disadvantage. It's as simple and intuitive as "fire burns grass". Likewise, a solid rock or steel wall can take quite a beating from a normal, healthy individual because "knuckles will crack".

Whether it's is the verb form (to freeze) or noun form (ice, snow) of Ice type, pitted against the verb form (to quake, to be grounded) or noun form (ground, earth, mud) of Ground type, there's really nothing to suggest that Ground type is resisted by Ice on any fine day. "It'll be a coveted resistance" is an easy way out of all this. Game Freak could do it, and we do have a couple of less intuitive type match-ups, but it won't be an elegant move.

And if the concept that ice freezes water seems controversial to you (even when we have ice freezes ground), you'll have a harder time explaining "ice resist ground" to the average person.
    It is controversial because it really does depend on how you look at it. For type resistances, I think you have to consider all states of the type, both physical and elemental (if there is a form for both), and look at it from all angles. Chuck a huge chunk of ice into a vat of water, nothing will happen. The water doesn't freeze. It just gets colder - in effect, it resists the ice. Over time, the ice might even melt. But alternatively, if you throw water in a blast chiller, on leave it out on a cold winter's night, it freezes.

Another confusing one is that Water might melt Ice over time, like the sea does an iceberg, but such a process often takes time, and so the ice resists the melting process, and so Ice should resist Water. Yes , the Ice melts, but how long does it take? Months, years? That used to be my thinking, but I'm not even sure of that anymore either.

On the other hand, both Fire and heat are both harmful to plant matter, so all bases are covered there. There isn't any question about it, no matter what the scale is. One match can create the greatest of wildfires. That is clear cut. But with Ice on Water and Water on Ice, there are just too many different factors to consider - no concrete conclusions can really be drawn.

Ice SE Water would probably do more harm to Ice-types than good anyway. It'll just make Ice-type moves better, not Ice-type Pokemon. Why bother with such a poor defensive type when you can put it onto something else anyway?
    Last edited by freezer1; 24th September 2014 at 6:20 PM.

It is controversial because it really does depend on how you look at it. For type resistances, I think you have to consider all states of the type, both physical and elemental (if there is a form for both), and look at it from all angles. Chuck a huge chunk of ice into a vat of water, nothing will happen. The water doesn't freeze. It just gets colder - in effect, it resists the ice. Over time, the ice might even melt. But alternatively, if you throw water in a blast chiller, on leave it out on a cold winter's night, it freezes.

Another confusing one is that Water might melt Ice over time, like the sea does an iceberg, but such a process often takes time, and so the ice resists the melting process, and so Ice should resist Water. Yes , the Ice melts, but how long does it take? Months, years? That used to be my thinking, but I'm not even sure of that anymore either.

On the other hand, both Fire and heat are both harmful to plant matter, so all bases are covered there. There isn't any question about it, no matter what the scale is. One match can create the greatest of wildfires. That is clear cut. But with Ice on Water and Water on Ice, there are just too many different factors to consider - no concrete conclusions can really be drawn.
    But in this nice little explanation here you have at least given the possibility that Ice could be effective against Water because of the freezing process. Likewise, the relationship between Fire and Water could have gone ether way: Fire boils Water or Water douses Fire. In either direction there is a simplistic word to describe the relationship. Even though Game Freak has decided that Water>Fire, there are games out there that also define elemental effectiveness in a more geometrical manner by making polar opposites deal more damage against each other, like Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis.

Whereas in trying to fix the defense capability of Ice type in a quantitative manner, and by quantitative I mean you're just pulling some obscure reasoning out of thin air to fit that one additional resistance on Ice type, you're willing to go to great pains to somehow link Ground and Ice together in a direction that has no logical explanation. There's no words to describe how Ground resist Ice. But there is a nice little verb call 'freeze' that has already been applied to several types that Ice is SE against, one of which is Ground (if the phrase "the frozen ground" doesn't sound familiar and intuitive to you), and could've been very, very easily applied to Water type.

Ice SE Water would probably do more harm to Ice-types than good anyway. It'll just make Ice-type moves better, not Ice-type Pokemon. Why bother with such a poor defensive type when you can put it onto something else anyway?
    Now, I would think that this is the real reason why you've been rejecting the idea of Ice>Water.

For starters, the underlying problem here is with Game Freak giving nearly all Water type Pokemon access to Ice Beam, plus the fact that several Dragon type pokes have secondary types that gives them 4x weakness to Ice making STAB not so crucial, plus the fact that there are barely any Ice type Pokemon fast enough to fit the criteria of 'glass cannon' out of the already very small pool of Ice type Pokemon (it's like the 3rd rarest). Obviously the demand for Ice type Pokemon, but not ice type move, drops.

With such a myriad of problems, your best suggestion is to somehow make Ice resist Ground, seriously?
    The best evolutionary designs are brought about by a balance between change and consistency.

But in this nice little explanation here you have at least given the possibility that Ice could be effective against Water because of the freezing process. Likewise, the relationship between Fire and Water could have gone ether way: Fire boils Water or Water douses Fire. In either direction there is a simplistic word to describe the relationship. Even though Game Freak has decided that Water>Fire, there are games out there that also define elemental effectiveness in a more geometrical manner by making polar opposites deal more damage against each other, like Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis.
    I don’t deny that Ice could be SE against Water; I said it was a complicated, convoluted issue, and making it so really wouldn't do anybody any favours. There is some logic in both sides. As for Fire on Water, this is far more straightforward. It couldn't have gone either way. I agree with these words that are none other than your own:

*Just to elaborate what I meant by "logical, intuitive, interactive and straightforward"
    Fire: super-effective against Water? NO. Boiling isn't something I'll consider as intuitive or straightforward. It takes a heck lot of heat energy to make it happen as opposed to the simple act of pouring water over fire. Think cooking a pot of water using a campfire vs using that same pot of water to extinguish the campfire.
    Whereas in trying to fix the defense capability of Ice type in a quantitative manner, and by quantitative I mean you're just pulling some obscure reasoning out of thin air to fit that one additional resistance on Ice type, you're willing to go to great pains to somehow link Ground and Ice together in a direction that has no logical explanation. There's no words to describe how Ground resist Ice. But there is a nice little verb call 'freeze' that has already been applied to several types that Ice is SE against, one of which is Ground (if the phrase "the frozen ground" doesn't sound familiar and intuitive to you), and could've beenvery, very easily applied to Water type.
    Even a temperature drop of a few degrees would make Ground-type moves (especially the mud based ones) a lot less effective as the moves they are. Ice and snow coats the ground we stand on (some of us) – I don’t see how that much damage could be done to it. I don’t really think it’s that much of an obscure relation. Even though you are not convinced, what is the big problem anyway with balancing things up? Don’t you think that the amendments to the type chart and the relations of the Fairy-type to the others were just a little bit TOO convenient? And as a consequence of this, not everybody agreed with how the Fairy-type played (you can't please everyone) while others did, but I don't think there is any doubt in either camp that the changes solved some balancing issues that had previously plagued the game. This surely isn't much different.

For starters, the underlying problem here is with Game Freak giving nearly all Water type Pokemon access to Ice Beam,
    And what are we supposed to do about that now, then? I think we might be a generation or five too late.

plus the fact that several Dragon type pokes have secondary types that gives them 4x weakness to Ice making STAB not so crucial,
    And what are we supposed to do about that now, then? Those Pokemon aren't just going to vanish.

plus the fact that there are barely any Ice type Pokemon fast enough to fit the criteria of 'glass cannon' out of the already very small pool of Ice type Pokemon (it's like the 3rd rarest). Obviously the demand for Ice type Pokemon, but not ice type move, drops.
    And what are we supposed to do about that now, then? Pretend the Pokemon that don’t fit that criteria never existed, or have them constantly living in shadow?

With such a myriad of problems, your best suggestion is to somehow make Ice resist Ground, seriously?
    But making Ice SE against Water would? I think we already have some more complicated, and some far more unsound type relations than Ground doing 1/2x damage against Ice. Ground is omnipresent, Ice is defenseless and redundant, so yes, I am very serious. I'm not shameless enough to claim that it is the best suggestion ever, but I personally think it is a good one. It will help resolve a few long-standing balancing issues.

You list a myriad of problems, and none of them can be solved – as I have stated numerous times, it really is far too late to do anything about this now. They're underlying problems nobody can do anything about; the problems are too far entrenched. What we can do is address other things, like it's poor defensive typing. At least to some extent this defensive problem, and even the problems you've stated can be mitigated. By giving Ice a couple more resistances, it would make it less redundant – to make them more on-par with Water-types (addressing your first point), to give people a reason to use them over other types, and not just for their STABs (addressing your second point). It would also give the Ice-type Pokemon we already have a fighting chance, so many of them can be used effectively without having to be “glass cannons” (addressing the third point). No, it wouldn't get rid of these problems wholly, but it would help. On the other hand, making Ice SE against Water doesn't help to solve any of these long standing issues except giving them a niche against Water-types.
    Last edited by freezer1; 24th September 2014 at 10:46 PM.

I don’t deny that Ice could be SE against Water; I said it was a complicated, convoluted issue, and making it so really wouldn't do anybody any favours. There is some logic in both sides. As for Fire on Water, this is far more straightforward. It couldn't have gone either way. I agree with these words that are none other than your own:

Even a temperature drop of a few degrees would make Ground-type moves (especially the mud based ones) a lot less effective as the moves they are. Ice and snow coats the ground we stand on (some of us) – I don’t see how that much damage could be done to it. I don’t really think it’s that much of an obscure relation. Even though you are not convinced, what is the big problem anyway with balancing things up? Don’t you think that the amendments to the type chart and the relations of the Fairy-type to the others were just a little bit TOO convenient? And as a consequence of this, not everybody agreed with how the Fairy-type played (you can't please everyone) while others did, but I don't think there is any doubt in either camp that the changes solved some balancing issues that had previously plagued the game. This surely isn't much different.
    And I stand by my words, which is why Game Freak has a realistic and innovative elemental match-up system compared to many RPGs and card games out there. What those games try to do is to fit various elements into a geometrical pairing or cicrular format, such as this:

Fire > Ice
    Fire < Ice
    Wind > Earth
    Wind < Earth
    Dark > Light
    Dark < Light

...whereas Game Freak interlinks them in a network such that it isn't just a glorified game of Rock, Paper, Scissors, and doesn't simplify the relationship with broad rules like "if Type A is SE to Type B then Type A must also resist Type B". Rock doesn't resist Rock just because Fire resist Fire.

So that's one thing.

The second thing is, even if Game Freak does decide on one fine day that Fire and Water should be SE towards each other, they have a VERY good reasoning to do so in a three-worded explanation:

Fire boils Water
    Water douses Fire

Your idea of Ice resisting Ground doesn't. There isn't a word to describe this relationship, be it chemical-, physical- or logical-based. A freezing cold weather isn't going to drop the Richter magnitude of an earthquake anytime soon. Mud's going to be less effective as moves? It's going to be as tough as rocks thanks to the frozen water content.

And what are we supposed to do about that now, then? I think we might be a generation or five too late.

And what are we supposed to do about that now, then? Those Pokemon aren't just going to vanish.

And what are we supposed to do about that now, then? Pretend the Pokemon that don’t fit that criteria never existed, or have them constantly living in shadow?
    If Game Freak had asked the same questions as you did with regards to Grass, which is neither the best defensive nor offensive type, and then proceed to remove some of its weakness/NSEs and give it illogical resistances/SEs to 'fix' those issues, Grass type would've been so boring.

It took them one generation to improve Leech Seed so that Subseeding becomes a viable strategy of its own, three generations to improve Giga Drain such that it becomes a decent STAB move, lots of other new moves every generation that are counterparts to some of the best ones in games, three generations to add 5 decent abilities only available to Grass type of which two are for sunny weather, and 6 generations to introduce a couple of Pokemon with interesting type combinations and/or stats build to play various roles in the metagame. And all these tools are always available for Game Freak to improve Ice type be it Gen I or X.

But making Ice SE against Water would? I think we already have some more complicated, and some far more unsound type relations than Ground doing 1/2x damage against Ice. Ground is omnipresent, Ice is defenseless and redundant, so yes, I am very serious. I'm not shameless enough to claim that it is the best suggestion ever, but I personally think it is a good one. It will help resolve a few long-standing balancing issues.

You list a myriad of problems, and none of them can be solved – as I have stated numerous times, it really is far too late to do anything about this now. They're underlying problems nobody can do anything about; the problems are too far entrenched. What we can do is address other things, like it's poor defensive typing. At least to some extent this defensive problem, and even the problems you've stated can be mitigated. By giving Ice a couple more resistances, it would make it less redundant – to make them more on-par with Water-types (addressing your first point), to give people a reason to use them over other types, and not just for their STABs (addressing your second point). It would also give the Ice-type Pokemon we already have a fighting chance, so many of them can be used effectively without having to be “glass cannons” (addressing the third point). No, it wouldn't get rid of these problems wholly, but it would help. On the other hand, making Ice SE against Water doesn't help to solve any of these long standing issues except giving them a niche against Water-types.
    You're too overwhelmed by the supposed 'entrenched flaws' of Ice type, too desperate that you would take the easy way out, and too ambitious in thinking that a single (and again, illogical) change in type match-ups can save the entire type and/or its existing pool of Pokemon. That's not going to happen. Even for Ground types the only thing omnipresent is the move. As far as good Pokemon goes every type has their hits and misses, just that some have a greater pool for trial and error. Occasionally we would see Smogon/PO praising a Pokemon's type combination for its synergistic value, but most of the time a Pokemon is deemed good because they have some other form of assets and/or can play a specific role in a team. Good stats build, move pool wide enough to build niche sets from, abilities to differentiate from the rest. It's never really because 'Ground, yes! You now have a good Pokemon."

Even with the current batch of Ice Pokemon, if you're already willing to change the type match-ups of the past which is essentially a retcon, we might as well start retcon-ing the stats/abilities of what we have.

And if you've read my previous post in response to Bolt the Cat, you would have read that I wasn't suggesting just the idea of Ice>Water. In fact, as far as Ice and Water goes the availability of Freeze Dry is a decent alternative already. Instead, what I've suggested is essential the Grass-type treatment, with additional points from my previous version:

• Hail to boost defense by 50%.
      Three out of four of Ice's weakness are heavily physical-oriented. Much like how a sandstorm provides a veil of protection that boosts Sp. Defense, the cold temperature should essentially boost the defense of Ice Pokemon.

Or

• Hail to lower non-Ice type's Speed by 1 stage each turn
      We can't make the Freeze status too easy to invoke, but one aspect of freezing is also the loss of energy, the retardation in motion and speed. Things start to slow down when you're cold.

• Ice type equivalent of Solid Rock
      For pure Ice types with high defenses for tanking purposes, Avalugg for example. Game Freak was doing pretty much the same thing with Mega Aggron, removing its secondary Rock type which is a liability, boosting its defenses and giving it a damage reducing ability, Filter.

• Physical Ice moves that are counterpart to 120 base power recoil moves, or 130 base power moves that drops Attack by 2 stages after one use.
      Because the physical department is lacking, and of course these would be limited to Ice Pokemon. There's a reason why White Kyurem is Ubers but Black Kyurem is OU.

• Adding a moderate to high chance of lowering Speed to a couple of moderate to high base power Ice moves.
      With the same reasoning for Hail. I'm taking about 70-90 base power with 30% chance.

• Boost Ice Body's healing in Hail to 1/8
      We're way past the 1/16 fractional damage by now. It's 1/8, or even 1/6 for certain moves.

• More Pokemon with smarter BST spread. More.
      Whether it's old Ice Pokemon that needs a retcon or new Pokemon (both of which are perfectly possible on Game Freak's part), Ice lacks 'signature' Pokemon that excel in what the typing provides for: hitting hard and fast and retreating, which isn't a surprise considering it's also the third-rarest type (but there isn't really a cap that Game Freak must follow, is there?). The closest you get to is Weavile (UU in Gen V, BL in Gen VI, the very definition of glass cannon), Mamoswine (OU, tank-ish enough with great abilities and move pool). But to be fair, Ice probably has a higher proportion of good Pokemon than say, Grass and Water, because they have a lot of redundant additions, competitively speaking.

...and if I were to go for drastic measures, I would just suggest things like removing Ice Beam as a TM move or better still, remove it from the move pool of a good chunk of Water Pokemon, along with the Ice>Water change in type match-up. But again, these are the least needed change to me.

The bottom-line is, both of us are keen in improving Ice type, but we approach the issue differently. Or at least I haven't seen anything from you that goes beyond playing around with type match-ups to 'equalize' them, so to speak.
    Last edited by Hidden Power; 26th September 2014 at 6:40 PM.

Thorn Whip
    Type: Grass (Physical)
    Power: 70
    Accuracy: 95
    PP: 15
    Effect: 30% chance to poison the foe.

Magnet Blast
    Type: Electric (Special)
    Power: 80
    Accuracy: 95
    PP: 10
    Effect: this move is simultaneously both Electric and Steel-typed.

Ability: Achilles Heel
    Effect: All non SE moves are NVE, but SE moves are 1.5x more powerful against this Pokemon.
    Example: A grass type with this ability would resist all types except Flying/Fire/Bug/Poison. The aftermentioned types each do x3 instead of x2.
    Too lazy to put X FC.

Vespigard (Vespi, latin for Wasp & Gard, guard)
    Evolves from male Combee at level 50
    Type: Bug/Fighting
    Ability: Huge Power (Doubles the attack stat)

Vespigards are fully developed Combees that have hone their skills to protect their Vespiquen.

HP: 70
    Attack: 75
    Defense: 85
    Special Attack: 50
    Special Defense: 90
    Speed: 110
    Total: 480

Learns Close Combat (55).
    Past moves:
    Power-up Punch, Fury Cutter, Swagger, Acupressure, Harden, Fury Swipes, Zen Headbutt.

Signature move:
    Blade Thrust (Type: Fighting/Physical)
    Power: 60
    Accuracy: 90
    Vespigard lunges to the target with its arms blade, hitting the target twice.

Breeding mechanics

Asexual reproduction
    You get a Breeding Key to use on Genderless Pokemon. Using this, you can breed a genderless Pokemon in the egg group. They will inherit egg moves, along with one move not traditionally learned by this Pokemon
    * Magnemite: Magnet Rise
    * Voltorb: Substitute
    * Staryu: Solar Beam
    * Porygon: Reflect Type
    * Lunatone: Moonlight
    * Solrock: Sunny Day
    * Baltoy: Dizzy Dance
    * Beldum: Signature egg move-Calculate. It sharply boosts Sp. Atk
    * Bronzor: Rain Dance
    * Rotom: Hidden Power
    * Phione: Signature egg move-Great Flood. It is a special Water-based Selfdestruct
    * Klink: Rapid Spin
    * Cryogonal: Mirror Coat
    * Golett: Gear Grind
    * Carbink: Reflect

Legendary breeding
    Legendary breeding is soemthing that happens only once a day, with only certain legendaries. The offspring will be non-legendary, but possibly inherit a move from its legendary parent. The Genetic Resonance Device will make this possible

* Mewtwo/Mew: Does not require a partner. Will bring forth Ditto, who have the Imposter ability. Two event items that can only be used once will allow you to get a legendary child. The Cinnabar Mutate will result in Mew birthing Mewtwo, who will have the Unnerve ability and inherit its parent's Transform. When Mewtwo brings forth Mew with the Cinnabar De-Mutate, the Mew will have Pressure with Psystrike
    * Beast trio: Requires another Eevee. The child will have the egg move Extrasensory, Sacred Fire or Hydro Pump depending on the parent
    * Eon duo: Requires a Dragon egg group. They'll inherit Mist Ball or Luster Purge depending on gender
    * Diance: Requires a Carbink. The spawn will be a Carbink with Diamond Storm

Legendary creation
    Legendary creation use non-breeding mechanics to bring forth new legendaries. It can only be used once

* Legendary beasts: Bring Ho-oh to the Phoenix Woman. She will create only one of the beast trio. A rare example of what is called "Mythical Evolution" will take place. Use one of the Eevee, and they'll become one of the three beast trio. You decide which one. They'll have their Dream World ability
    * Legendary golems: Bring Regigigas to the Ancient Foundry. They will have theri Dream World ability
    * Creation trio: Like with Arceus in HGSS

If Legendaries had egg groups/genders
    Note that this would never happen, except maybe in the anime. This is the egg group that they may breed in the wild, but not captivity

Moves and abilities

Freeze Dry variations
    Absolute Zero: An Ice type move, Absolute Zero is super-effective against Fire moves. The animation is the enemy's body temperature dropping to needing to retract its flames to prevent super coldness. It is know by Regice, Cryogonal, Bergmite and Kyurem
    Boil: A Fire type move, it is super-effective against Water types. It is known by Slugma, Numel, Heatran, Reshiram and Chandelure
    Supercharge: An Electric type move, it is super-effective against Ground Pokemon. It is Pikachu's signature move
    Superacid: A Poison type move, it is super-effective against Steel Pokemon. It is Dragalge's signature move
    Mind Blast: A Psychic type move, it is super-effective against Dark Pokemon. It is Espurr's signature move

Negative/Reverse Negative Abilities
    Pure Thoughts: This Pokemon has immunity to Dark type attacks
    Incomprehensible: This Pokemon cannot be hit with Psychic moves
    Fearless: This Pokemon cannot be hit with Ghost moves
    Mind's Eye: A Psychic Pokemon is constantly acting a Miracle Eye, allowing it to see the enemy's thoughts and use Psychic moves on Dark types
    Fresh Body: This Pokemon cannot be hit by Poison moves
    PH Boost: Poison moves can hit Steel types
    Black Hole: Levitate is cancelled, and a Pokemon's Flying type is replaced with Normal

Pokemon without Hidden Abilities given them
    Honedge line-Defiant
    Arceus-Protean
    Archen line-Aerialate
    Lake trio-Mind's Eye
    Baltoy line-Tangled Feet
    Carnivine-Rattled
    Castform-Drizzle/Drought
    Cherubi line-Soundproof
    Clauncher line-Iron Fist
    Celebi-Healer
    Musketeer quartet-Defiant
    Yamask line-Cursed Body
    Cryogonal-Mirror Clean(Reflect and Light Screen are boosted in power)
    Darkrai and Cresselia-Insomnia
    Deino line-Intimidate
    Hydreigon-Skill Link
    Deoxys-Clear Body
    Diancie-Sturdy
    Tynamo line-Swift Swim
    Ferroseed line-Sturdy
    Trapinch line-Swarm
    Gastly line-Poison Body
    Genesect-Mold Breaker
    Groudon-Flare Boost(Fire moves are boosted 50%)
    Kyogre-Ocean Lord(Water moves are boosted 50%)
    Rayquaza-Aerialite
    Jirachi-Super Luck
    Eon duo-Illusion
    Mew-Protean
    Koffing line-Toxin Absorb(Poison moves heal this Pokemon)
    Kyurem-Refridgerate
    Reshiram and Kyurem-Defiant
    Lunatone/Solrock-Speed Boost
    Manaphy and Phione-Water Absorb
    Meloetta-Soundburst
    Misdreavus line-Prankster
    Regigigas-Reckless
    Shaymin-Immunity
    Slakoth line-Thick Fat
    Unown-Trace
    Victini-Super Luck

Unbound Pokemon
    Note: Unbound Pokemon are in essence an auto-Life Orb. Their most dominant stat(if HP is their most dominant, then second dominant stat) is increased, but they lose 1/16th of their total HP

Unbound Ninetales
    Apperance-More curse like
    Type-Fire/Fairy
    Ability-Cursed Body

Unbound Primeape
    Apperance-A far more rabid Primeape
    Type-Fighting/Dark
    Ability-Anger Point

Unbound Golduck
    Type-Water/Psychic
    Ability-Unchanged

Unbound Machamp
    Appearance-Crouched down due to its two new arms and muscles bulging out like when it was Machamp
    Type-Fighting
    Ability-Iron Fist

Unbound Electrode
    Type-Electric/Fire
    Ability-Aftermath

Unbound Articuno
    Apperance-Articuno's wings are blasting out cold frost steam, and there is ice growing across their bodyu
    Type-Ice/Flying
    Ability-Snow Warning

Unbound Zapdos
    Appearance-Zapdos' wings are electrified, and its tails has lighting feathers
    Type-Electric/Flying
    Ability-Thunderstorm(triggers the Thunderstorm weather, which threatens paralysis to all but Electric, Ground and Steel types)

Unbound Moltres
    Appearance-Even more wreathed in flames
    Type-Fire/Flying
    Ability-Drought

Unbound Mewtwo
    Apperance-Resembles Giegue more
    Type-Psychic/Dark
    Ability-Intimidate

Unbound Ho-oh
    Apperance-Emenating rainbows
    Type-Fire/Psychic
    Ability-Healer

Unbound Gardevoir
    Type-Psychic/Fairy
    Ability-Gravity(Levitate is cancelled out, and Flying type is replaced with Normal(or cancelled out if the enemy is Normal/Flying))

Unbound Slaking
    Type-Normal
    Ability-Reckless

Unbound Regi trio
    Type-All get Fighting as a secondary type
    Ability-Rebuild(when this Pokemon is hit by a move of its own type, it heals)

Unbound Spiritomb
    Type-Dark/Ghost
    Ability-Cursed Body

Unbound Rotom
    Type-Unchanged
    Ability-Prankster(Normal)/Reconfigure(other forms. Ghost moves are converted to this Pokemon's secondary type)

Unbound Dialga
    Type-Dragon/Steel
    Ability-Speed Boost

Unbound Palkia
    Type-Dragon/Fire
    Ability-No Guard

Unbound Regigigas
    Type-Normal
    Ability-Strong Arm(Fighting moves are boosted in power 50%)

Unbound Arceus
    Type-Normal
    Ability-Mastery(non-Normal moves get a 33% boost)

Unbound Conkledurr
    Type-Fighting/Rock
    Ability-Heavy Metal

Unbound Crustle
    Type-Bug
    Ability-Weak Armor

Unbound Chandelure
    Type-Ghost/Fire
    Ability-Shadow Tag

Unbound Espurr/Meowstic
    Type-Psychic
    Ability-No Guard

Unbound Golett and Golurk
    Apperance-Cracked open
    Type-Ground/Fighting
    Ability-Reckless

Unbound Bouffalent
    Type-Normal/Fighting
    Ability-Rock Head

Unbound Tornadus/Thundurus
    Type-Unchanged
    Ability-Drizzle

Primal Pokemon
    Primal Kabuto line
    Type-Bug/Water
    Ability-Shell Armor

Primal Omanyte line
    Type-Ground/Water
    Ability-Heavy Armor(physical attacks decrease speed, increase defense)

Primal Aerodactyl
    Type-Dragon/Flying
    Ability-Intimidate

Primal Mew
    Type-Psychic
    Ability-Protean

Primal Lugia
    Type-Psychic/Dragon
    Ability-Drizzle

Primal Torkoal
    Type-Fire/Rock
    Ability-Black Smoke(phsyical attackers will have their accuracy lowered)

Primal Baltoy line
    Type-Ground/Psychic
    Ability-Tangled Feet

Primal Anorith line
    Type-Water/Bug
    Ability-Swift Swim

Primal Lileep line
    Type-Water/Grass
    Ability-Unchanged

Primal Craindos line
    Type-Rock
    Ability-Rock Head

Primal Shieldon line
    Type-Steel
    Ability-Unbreakable(Fighting Pokemon cannot hurt this Pokemon)

Primal Bronzong
    Type-Steel/Psychic
    Ability-Drizzle

Primal Uxie
    Type-Psychic/Fairy
    Ability-Forewarn

Primal Mesprit
    Type-Psychic/Fairy
    Ability-Clear Body

Primal Azelf
    Type-Psychic/Fairy
    Ability-Keen Eye

Primal Gigalith
    Type-Rock
    Ability-Pressure

Primal Cofagrigus
    Type-Ghost/Normal
    Ability-Cursed Body

Primal Carracosta
    Type-Water/Ground
    Ability-Swift Swim

Primal Archeops
    Type-Normal/Flying
    Ability-Speed Boost

Primal Eelektross
    Type-Electric/Water
    Ability-Electric Storm(attack increases in rain)

Primal Volcarona
    Type-Bug/Fire
    Ability-Drought

Primal Genesect
    Type-Bug/Dark
    Ability-Analytic

Primal Tyrantrum
    Type-Dragon
    Ability-Unchanged

Primal Amaraus
    Type-Ice
    Ability-Unchanged

Primal Carbink
    Type-Fairy
    Ability-Sturdy

Unova Mega
    Mega Serperior
    Type-Grass
    Ability-Royal Tax(the enemy's item affects Serperior as well)

Mega Emboar
    Type-Fire/Fighting
    Ability-Sheer Force

Mega Samurott
    Type-Water/Fighting
    Ability-Battle Armor

Mega Gigalith
    Type-Rock
    Ability-Unbreakable(Fighting moves do nothing against this Pokemon)

Mega Conkledurr
    Type-Fighting/Rock
    Ability-Orinize(Normal moves become Rock type)

Mega Seismitoad
    Type-Water/Ground
    Ability-Soundburst(Sound based attacks become stronger)

Mega Cofagrigus
    Type-Ghost/Normal
    Ability-Embalm(a special variant of Mummy)

Legendary Megas
    Mega Raikou
    Type-Electric
    Ability-Volt Absorb

Mega Entei
    Type-Fire
    Ability-Flame Body

Mega Suicune
    Type-Water/Fairy
    Ability-Pure Body(this Pokemon is immune to Poison type moves)

Mega Giratina
    Type-Dragon/Ghost
    Ability-Gravity

Mega Landorus
    Type-Ground/Flying
    Ability-Air Lock

Mega Zygarde X and Y
    Type-Poison/Ground(X), Fairy/Ground(Y)
    Ability-Toxic Aura(Mega Zygarde X), Fairy Aura(Mega Zygarde Y)

Pokemon Trainers

580 Club
    Note: The 580 Club are the only trainers who you can consider their legendary as "seen."
    Lt Surge/Blaine-Zapdos/Moltres
    Morty-Suicune
    Roxanne-Regirock
    Elesa/Skyla-Thundurus/Tornadus
    Cilan-Virizion

600 Club
    Note: The 600 Club are Elite 4 Members with an event legendary and 600 stat legendary
    Will-Mew/Celebi
    Drake-Latias/Latios
    Flint/Lucian-Heatran/Cresselia
    Caitlin/Marshal-Meloetta
    Malva/Siebold-Volcanion

Mascot Club
    Note: The Mascot Club are Champion trainers with a mascot legendary and/or a 680 legendary
    Red-Mewtwo
    Lance-Lugia
    Wallace-Kyogre/Groudon
    Steven-Rayquaza
    Cynthia-Giratina
    Alder/Iris-Reshiram/Zekrom
    Diantha-Xerneas/Yveltal

Champion new Megas
    Lance: Mega Dragonite
    Type-Dragon/Water
    Ability-Shed Skin

Iris: Mega Hydreigon
    Type-Dark/Dragon
    Ability-Mega Launcher

Diantha: Mega Goodra
    Type-Dragon/Water
    Ability-Gooey
    Last edited by RedJirachi; 21st October 2014 at 2:18 AM.
    Shinies: Beast + creation trios (Gift) (In-game event) bird trio musketeer trio (SR) (search) (random), (traded away) Sylveon (trade) (MM)
    Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi
    UTC: +12
    Mesprit shiny hunt(on hold): 3100 SR
    Mewtwo shiny hunt: 4300 SR
    X Team: Chesnaught, Charizard, Aurorus, Tentacruel, Klefki, Malamar
    Y Team: Greninja, Venusaur, Gardevoir, Aegislash, Hawlucha, Avalugg

New abilities:

Heal Deal
    When a Pokemon is 25% or below HP, the damage from the opposite Pokemon's attack has a 25% chance to heal 25% of its HP. This means this applies to bother user of this ability and foe. If foe attacks user below 25% or below there is a a 1/4 chance to heal him and vice versa. This can make for some interesting luck and mind games when both foe and user are at low health. It's double-edged, but since it only happens when below 25% it's not too random or active all the time.

Meta-Contra
    When a foe uses a reflecting move, be it Mirror Coat, Counter, Magic Coat or any other move that reflects moves back at user, this ability overrides this effect back at user. It also applies to abilities like Magic Bounce.

Voodoo Decoy
    When the user is behind a substitute and the foe attacks. The foe loses HP as well. The HP Foe loses is equivalent to damage dealt divided by 4. AKA Maximum damage possible is 25%. The user's sub still is damaged, but the obvious advantage here is that if foe breaks sub it automatically loses 25% of its HP.

Twisted Euphoria
    When the user is hit with a critical hit, the foe gets confused. Also, if Happiness isn't max, it will be when hit by a critical hit (only relevant for Return/Frustration)

Airborne
    When the user is hit with a flying-type move all Pokemon besides the user have a 25% chance of getting poisoned. This includes allies.

Tricky Switch
    Once per battle, the user can call out one foe's teammates (randomly selected) to take damage instead of it for one turn.

New Pokemon

Fetempore
    Type: Steel
    Ability: Water-proof (the user takes 50% less damage from water-typed attacks)
    Dex: According to research done by archeologists, this Pokemon was partially man made. The methods is as vague as the creation of Golurk.
    Dex2: This Pokemon has an extremely precise sense of time. It is said ancient people created it to tell time.
    Moves (level up):
    -- Tick Tock*
    11 Shift Gear
    13 Assist
    15 Taunt
    20 Gear Grind
    26 Charge
    29 Mirror Shot
    33 Shift Gear
    40 Metal Sound
    50 Perish Song

Egg moves:
    Morning Sun
    Moonlight
    Heal Bell
    Foresight
    Discharge
    Volt Switch
    Ion Deluge
    Autotomize

Stats (Base):
    BST: 492
    HP: 240
    Atk: 96
    Def: 48
    SpA: 72
    SpD: 12
    Spe: 24

* Tick Tock
    Type: Steel
    Category: Phsyical
    Power: ---
    Accuracy: ---
    PP: 24
    Effect: This move gets more powerful each turn.
    Turn 1: 24 bp
    Turn 2: 48 bp
    Turn 3: 72 bp
    Turn 4: 96 bp
    Turn 5: 120 bp
    Turn 6: 142 bp (power raise stops here)
    Then Turn 24: OHKO
    The effect is lost and reset if the user switches (or is forced out). Also, the counter pauses if user uses and its allies an "other" category move the only affects the user, this includes, but not limited to:
    Protect
    Detect
    Substitute
    Heal Bell
    Moonlight
    Morning Sun

Basically any other category move that TARGETS the foe, keeps the counter going, while any other move that targets user and its allies doesn't.
    Last edited by SMZCORE; 25th October 2014 at 4:50 PM.
    Too lazy to put X FC.

Page 318 of 318 FirstFirst ... 218268308314315316317318