Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • ?

0 0%
  • ?

0 0%
Page 349 of 349 FirstFirst ... 249299339345346347348349
Results 8,701 to 8,722 of 8722

Thread: Create/Rename/Change Anything and Everything!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sprinter1988 View Post
    I say have a new triangle of starter types:
    Personally, I feel like we should move away from the dual triangle motif. We've only seen it once (Kalos, and even then it's not a true dual triangle since Psychic can't hit Dark at all, whatsoever) and I think we should go back to having starters that have secondary types completely unrelated to each other.

Default Flying type revenge: Stirring Winds

So for three, going on four generations, Stealth Rock has been the bane of flying types and quite frankly its an absurdly unfair move: Both absurd and unfair! Whilst other hazards need two or three dedicated turns to have any potency, Stealth Rock is set in one turn and can shave up to HALF a pokemon's health just by being out.

Then there is the absurdity of what even is Stealth Rock? Just levitating rocks? Spikes are caltrops and the same with toxic spikes but pointy flying rocks just seems so arbitrary?! Why not levitating garbage or levitating iron or, I dunno? Stealth Rock seemed to have been a balancing factor to compensate for Flying types and levitators avoiding other hazards, but WAY TO OVERCOMPENSATE GAMEFREAK!! Why simply not have made Stealth Rock the same as Spikes in terms of damage and needing layers? When Gamefreak realized the mistake they'd made why not actually change the move instead of pathetically trying to just cut its availability? It's very existence punishes Rock-weak pokemon; Bug and Flying types most of all, many struggle to find usability without getting rockslapped as they just enter the game. GRRRR

Any how, main topic:

Stirring Winds
    Flying
    PP: 8 (max 12)
    'User summons up an agitating breeze that blows away all hazards and lowers the speed of non-Flying type pokemon and powering up Flying type moves.

Effect: Upon activation, Stirring Winds causes the Weather Effect Gale, which lasts five turns or eight when activated by a pokemon holding a Soft Rock. Gale removes all entry hazards on both sides of the Field and prevents them being set (if attempted, the move will fail). Furthermore any pokemon who are not of the Flying type have their Speed lowered by 30% whilst Gale is in effect, furthermore Flying type attacks are powered up by 30%. The accuracy of all powder-based moves become 100% under Gale. Hurricane bypasses accuracy under Gale but no longer in Rain. Weather Ball becomes Flying type. Razor Wind and Sky Attack take a single turn under Gale. The pokemon Whimsicott, Shiftry, Dustox, Beedrill, Volcarona, Venemoth and Flygon are not affected by the speed decrease.

Gale can be found in the overworld, where it prevents the use of the bike and can cause random encounters with Cottonee and other pokemon.

Learnset: Essentially all Flying types by TM but some by level up.

----

Activating Ability: Gale Force (activates before Stealth Rock damage)

Possible pokemon with Gale Force: hypothetical Flying Eeveelution (Who evolves by level up in overworld Gale), hypothetical Mega Crobat, Hypothetical Mega Shiftry, hypothetical pure Flying Kamaitachi Pokemon

Retconned Hidden Abilities for: Unfezant, Pidgeot, Whimsicott, Shiftry, Scyther, Tornadus, Crobat, Jumpluff, Swanna, Vivillon

Note: I know Delta Stream exists but it then becomes the 'super version' of this weather like Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon's abilities.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by storm12; 25th April 2016 at 3:14 PM.

Idek if this is the right place for this, but...

So you want to counter something you claim to be OP / unfair, with something even more OP?

SR targets Rock weak Pokémon. This targets all non Fliers (bar a few exceptions).

I'm all for balancing, but this seems to be going way overboard. I was happy with it being a Flying type Rapid Spin (as it sounded to start with), but there's secondary effect after secondary effect here. Might as well give Flying types an Electric immunity whilst you're at it.
    Pokéballin' since '99

Quote Originally Posted by Elementman-Novapoke View Post
    Idek if this is the right place for this, but...

So you want to counter something you claim to be OP / unfair, with something even more OP?

SR targets Rock weak Pokémon. This targets all non Fliers (bar a few exceptions).

I'm all for balancing, but this seems to be going way overboard. I was happy with it being a Flying type Rapid Spin (as it sounded to start with), but there's secondary effect after secondary effect here. Might as well give Flying types an Electric immunity whilst you're at it.
    I hate the idea that Rapid Spin is the only damn move apart from Defog that can answer Stealth Rocks.

I can't see how this is OP? The boosts it provides are not as strong as other weather conditions even though there is more than one. Which part do you feel makes it too much? Is it the Speed decrease? Then it simply has to be reversed to just power Flying types and the aforementioned pokemon instead of depowering everyone else.

I don't see how the amount of effects is much different to existing weather conditions.

You know, they actually gave the flying types a move against stealth rock, it is called DEFOG.

The speed decrease also makes it a move available but less effective sticky web. Which, IMO is OP as well. The powerup of flying moves is ok, but then it will become a flying type electric terrain, which has very little accessibility to a majority of electric types who have better moves to use.
    My FC: 4098-4557-7957
    Poison safari, with muk, garbodor, and gloom

The Eternian Forces League Normal Gym: CLOSED
    Pokemon Aqua Gym League Flying Gym: CLOSED FOREVER R.I.P.

Grass type GYM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Prakhar View Post
    You know, they actually gave the flying types a move against stealth rock, it is called DEFOG.

The speed decrease also makes it a move available but less effective sticky web. Which, IMO is OP as well. The powerup of flying moves is ok, but then it will become a flying type electric terrain, which has very little accessibility to a majority of electric types who have better moves to use.
    I know of defog, but it requires the pokemon in question to enter the field and likely sustain damage BEFORE getting rid of stealth rock. I guess I did try to cram a lot in and should have chosen one or the other. The stand out feature is that it removes and prevents hazards for a duration though.

Quote Originally Posted by storm12 View Post
    I know of defog, but it requires the pokemon in question to enter the field and likely sustain damage BEFORE getting rid of stealth rock. I guess I did try to cram a lot in and should have chosen one or the other. The stand out feature is that it removes and prevents hazards for a duration though.
    I say they should either remove Stealth Rocks or just make it a powered up version of Spikes.

Failing that, let's make it even. Charizard, Talonflame, Articuno, Moltres, Scyther, Ho-oh, all these guys and more are brutally crippled by Stealth Rocks, so let's have it across the board.

Spikes is a ground type move. Base it on type like Stealth Rock and the likes of Aggron, Bastiodon, Magcargo, Magnezone and Probopass suffer the same crippling fate.

Bring in Stealth Coals, a fire type move to destroy Ferrothorn, Forretress, Leavanny, Scizor, Abomasnow and the like.

Bring in Shocking Diodes, a version that emits a blast of electricity to moment the opponent comes out. This will destroy regular Pelipper, Swanna, Mantine and regular Gyarados.

How about Trapping Vines, a grass type hazard to bring down Golem, Rhyperior, Swampert, Quagsire and Kabutops.

Or maybe Biting Breeze, a flying move to bring down Breloom, Heracross, Chesnaught and Virizion?

Or Ice Spikes to take down Dragonite, Salamence, Mega Sceptile, Flygon, Garchomp, Gliscor and Torterra?

How about we make it even?
    Yellow League Champions

Zappy Charlie Cabbage Leonardo Penelope Chuck

Blue [Monotype Poison] 3rd Badge
    Cabbage Jr Hornet Elizabeth Bathilda

I say they should either remove Stealth Rocks or just make it a powered up version of Spikes.

Failing that, let's make it even. Charizard, Talonflame, Articuno, Moltres, Scyther, Ho-oh, all these guys and more are brutally crippled by Stealth Rocks, so let's have it across the board.

Spikes is a ground type move. Base it on type like Stealth Rock and the likes of Aggron, Bastiodon, Magcargo, Magnezone and Probopass suffer the same crippling fate.

Bring in Stealth Coals, a fire type move to destroy Ferrothorn, Forretress, Leavanny, Scizor, Abomasnow and the like.

Bring in Shocking Diodes, a version that emits a blast of electricity to moment the opponent comes out. This will destroy regular Pelipper, Swanna, Mantine and regular Gyarados.

How about Trapping Vines, a grass type hazard to bring down Golem, Rhyperior, Swampert, Quagsire and Kabutops.

Or maybe Biting Breeze, a flying move to bring down Breloom, Heracross, Chesnaught and Virizion?

Or Ice Spikes to take down Dragonite, Salamence, Mega Sceptile, Flygon, Garchomp, Gliscor and Torterra?

Your rhetoric is captivating

That doesn't truly balance things out because then it would discourage people from using Pokemon with x4 weaknesses. It would be much better than just having Stealth Rock though.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    That doesn't truly balance things out because then it would discourage people from using Pokemon with x4 weaknesses. It would be much better than just having Stealth Rock though.
    That's kind of my point.
    Yellow League Champions

Sludge Blitz
    Type: Poison
    Cat: Physical
    Power: 90
    Acc: 80
    PP: 10
    Effect: High Critical-hit Ratio, 30% Chance of Posion

Cool

Klaklay
    Male 50% Female 50%
    Height: 12'09"
    Weight: 1023
    Type: Bug/Dragon
    Abilities: intimidate/Mold Breaker HA: Adaptability
    HP: 200
    Attack: 125
    Defense:75
    Special Attack: 125
    Special Defense: 75
    Speed: 125

Its based on an idea for a Pokémon themed after the Acklay from Star Wars. I also was trying to imagine a land version of Gyarados
    Last edited by pokedigijedi; 1st May 2016 at 10:27 PM.
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

I had an idea for a semi-gimmick Pokemon, with the very good benefit of not being useless:

Badgee (Badger + Referee)
    This Pokemon is based off a striped European badger. It is a energetic, bipedal little Pokemon, and in its mouth it holds a small silver whistle. If this Pokemon loses its whistle, it will descend into an uncontrollable fit of rage until it gets its whistle back.

Height: 2'0"
    Weight: 5 kg
    Type: Normal
    Ability: Fair Play (Description: This Pokemon demands fair play) (In-depth description: All Dark-type moves fail on the field, even if this Pokemon isn't targeted (e.g., Nasty Plot fails). This also applies to non-adjacent Pokemon. This ability is suppressed by Mold Breaker and all the rest.)

Base Stats
    HP: 58
    Att: 65
    Def: 50
    SpA: 65
    SpD: 35
    Spe: 72

Total: 345

Badgire (Badger + Umpire)
    This Pokemon evolves from Badgee at Lvl 36 while holding a Red Card. Badgire is not much bigger than Badgee, keeping its striped fur coat, however the whistle in its mouth is now huge, being several times larger than the Pokemon's own size, so that Badgire literally hangs from the whistle in its mouth.

Height: 5'7"
    Weight: 150 kg
    Type: Normal/Steel (or maybe just Steel)
    Ability: Fair Play

Base Stats
    HP: 95
    Att: 60
    Def: 120
    SpA: 95
    SpD: 80
    Spe: 45

Total: 495

Moves for both Pokemon (by TM or other): Encore, Defense Curl, Rollout, Slam, Gyro Ball, Block, Substitute, Ally Switch, Toxic, Iron Defense, Baton Pass, Play Nice, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Shadow Ball, Rest, Sleep Talk, Counter, Psych Up, Metal Sound, Reversal, Play Rough, Heavy Slam, Focus Blast, Flash Cannon, Grasswhistle, Roar, Uproar, Hyper Voice, Trump Card, Supersonic, Curse, Boomburst!?

This Pokemon would be a gimmick, but it's a usable one (I like Rotom and its formes for this reason. They're gimmicks, but good ones.) and I think it has good flavour, as we all know Dark-types like to play dirty, and so we have our own referee keeping them in line! Foul play (and the move Foul Play!) certainly aren't allowed on this Pokemon's watch! Badgee and Badgire absorb Knock Off, Taunt, and other annoying Dark-type moves with its ability "Fair Play". It also would be influential in doubles, preventing all Dark-type moves being used on its watch. This Pokemon is meant to be defensive, existing to annoy Dark-types or absorb Dark-type moves. However, it does come with some weaknesses, such as lack of recovery, meaning it could be worn down quickly. Also, with a Normal/Steel typing, it would be crippled by a double Fighting weakness, in exchange for some valuable Normal-type STAB and a Ghost-immunity (being Immune to Dark and Ghost can't be bad at all!). Also, it might be possible to Block a target Pokemon that can't do much damage to Badgire.
    Last edited by freezer1; 1st May 2016 at 7:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by freezer1 View Post
    all that cool stuff
    I really like the idea, but seeing as not all Dark-Type moves are just tricks (Dark Pulse, Night Daze, and Dark Void come to mind), maybe have the 'Fairy Play' ability blurr type-lines a little? Don't get me wrong, I love how it cripples Knock Off and Sucker Punch, two of the most influential moves, but maybe it could also effect some other 'un-sportsman'-like moves that aren't Dark, like Swagger, Crafty Shield, Destiny Bond, Grudge, and so on?
    ~3DS Friend Code: 0576-6328-3865~

Quote Originally Posted by Aromatic Mist View Post
    I really like the idea, but seeing as not all Dark-Type moves are just tricks (Dark Pulse, Night Daze, and Dark Void come to mind), maybe have the 'Fairy Play' ability blurr type-lines a little? Don't get me wrong, I love how it cripples Knock Off and Sucker Punch, two of the most influential moves, but maybe it could also effect some other 'un-sportsman'-like moves that aren't Dark, like Swagger, Crafty Shield, Destiny Bond, Grudge, and so on?
    I did briefly consider this, but I kind of think it's a difficult thing to implement without issues, whereas going for just Dark-type moves is much easier from a playing perspective. You're right that not all Dark-type moves are "dirty" but the majority of them are. I guess you could see it as a bit of an "easy way out", but otherwise you encounter some problems. For example, some people might have different ideas as to what constitutes "playing dirty" - this is where it gets quite ambiguous. I don't know if people enjoy trying to think of all the moves that are stopped by a certain ability. Soundproof is OK, but they should have drawn the line with Bulletproof in my opinion. And where exactly do you draw the line here? You could say Bite is playing dirty, but Thunder Fang is also a biting move. Is using teeth even a "dirty" move anyway in terms of Pokemon. Probably not, you could argue.

I'd like to see a Dragon biting move called "Dragon Fang."
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillachu View Post
    Sludge Blitz
    Interesting idea.

Quote Originally Posted by raichu27 View Post
    I'd like to see a Dragon biting move called "Dragon Fang."
    Interesting idea.
    There's already an item called the Dragon Fang. Maybe the move could be called something like Dragon Chomp to distinguish it from said item.

I have claimed Dialga
    I have claimed "In the Final" - Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

The opposing Weavile's Weavilite is reacting to Cyrus's Mega Cufflink!

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended Dialga View Post
    There's already an item called the Dragon Fang. Maybe the move could be called something like Dragon Chomp to distinguish it from said item.
    You make a good point.

You make a good point.
    Watch garchomp not get the move but altaria does XD

Quote Originally Posted by storm12 View Post
    Watch garchomp not get the move but altaria does XD
    Altaria wouldn't be suitable for that.

Wooper can learn Ice Punch, therefore your argument is invalid.
    Yellow League Champions

That was pretty much the joke

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I'm pretty sure Sprinter1988 was being facetious. Though what you point out is exactly what is wrong with Stealth Rock compared to other hazards.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillachu View Post
    Sludge Blitz
    Sorry to be a party pooper but Cross Poison exists and is much better than a Stone Edge variant due to the notoriety of it's accuracy.

What Poison REALLY needs is a Freeze Dry variant:

Corrosive Spray: hits Steel types for super effective damage.

Given they have introduced Freeze Dry, they really should have extended it's mechanics to existing moves that should essentially have a similar effect, especially Acid and Acid Spray which should deal Super Effective damage to Steel. Scald could potentially be super effective on Steel too, given it is boiling water though there doesn't need to be further reason at all for any and every pokemon with access to this move carrying it. Although atypical-property moves could become a very slippery slope so perhaps its best they don't, least Gamefreak see fit to create something like Dragon Wrath that is SE on Fairies or Possession which is Ghost type and SE on Normal types.
    Last edited by storm12; Yesterday at 10:42 PM.

Page 349 of 349 FirstFirst ... 249299339345346347348349