Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • ?

0 0%
  • ?

0 0%
Page 345 of 345 FirstFirst ... 245295335341342343344345
Results 8,601 to 8,617 of 8617

Thread: Create/Rename/Change Anything and Everything!!!

Diamond Beam
    Type: Rock
    Power: 100
    Accuracy: 80% or 85%
    PP: 5 or 10
    Category: Special
    Description: N/A
    Note: A more power version of Power Gem.

Default Pokemon variants

Special Caterpie: When encountering a member of the Caterpie line, there is a 5% chance of encountering a "Prize Caterpie." Prize Caterpie are a rare variation of Caterpie who, when fully evolved, are a lot stronger than normal Butterfree. They have a BST increase of 130, but they cannot ever Mega Evolve. Females are pink, males blue.

Arbok Patterns: Like Spinda, Arbok has different patterns now encoded in it. This is a reference to its Pokedex entry

Meowth/Persian Grooming: In Celadon City, you can get your Meowth or Persian stylized in a similar manner to Furfrou. At first, you only have Punk or Socialite. Once you beat the gym in Celadon City, you get to choose an extra of Hero(you become like Puss and Boots) or Criminal(it gets Team Rocket clothes) Having all eight badges it can be Tamer(based on Lance), Spooky(based on Agatha), Wrestler(based on Bruno) or Skiier(based on Lorelei). If you beat the champion, you are rewarded with your very own shiny Meowth. These variants are purely aesthetic

Crystal Onix/Steelix: The Crystal Onix/Steelix is unique for its use of water moves, and Dry Skin ability. It retains this even in Mega Evolution form

Black Wool Mareep line: 5% of Mareep have black wool. In Ampharos, this is expressed with a blue gem(or in Mega black hair). This is not purely aesthetic; these Mareep have Intimidate as an ability. Mega Black Wool Ampharos has Draconize(Normal moves become Dragon), so it's a neat find

Seasonal Sudowoodo: Sudowoodo are now differently colored depending on when you catch them. If you catch them in real-life autumn, they will have autumn "leaves" on their hand. If you catch them in real-life spring, they will have "leaves" on their head as well

Odd-Colored Plusle/Minum and Volbeat/Illumise: There is a 5% chance that the Plusle you catch will be blue instead of red, and vice versa. They also switch shiny palletes. A similar scenario happens with Volbeat and Illumise

Stylized Kricketune: In Sinnoh, you can go to a barber and change Kricketune's moustache
    Shinies
    Search:
    Random:
    SR:
    Traded away:
    Gift:
    In-game:
    MM:
    Dexnav:
    Trade: Sylveon

Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi

Latest shiny: Omanyte(40 SR!)

New item:

Grass Mower
    Each time the holder attacks a Grass-type Pokémon, the power of the holder's Steel-type moves double.
    Last edited by JudySpell; 29th January 2016 at 3:01 AM.

Default HM Moves that can be naturally learned

Cut: Meowth line, Scyther, Sneasel line, Zangoose, Sableye, Excadrill, Honedge line
    Fly: Charizard, Pidgeot, Bird trio, Drifloon line, Yanmega, Noivern
    Surf: Poliwrath, Blastoise, Lapras, Eon duo
    Strength: Machop line, Mewtwo, Ursaring, Vigoroth, Hariyama, Regigigas, Cranidos line, Timburr line
    Waterfall: Gyarados, Poliwrath, Feraligatr
    Shinies
    Search:
    Random:
    SR:
    Traded away:
    Gift:
    In-game:
    MM:
    Dexnav:

Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post

Seasonal Sudowoodo: Sudowoodo are now differently colored depending on when you catch them. If you catch them in real-life autumn, they will have autumn "leaves" on their hand. If you catch them in real-life spring, they will have "leaves" on their head as well
    Sudowoodo has a PokeDex entry that mentions that its false leaves do not change colour according to the seasons, making them easy to spot during the winter.

"Sudowoodo camouflages itself as a tree to avoid being attacked by enemies. However, because its hands remain green throughout the year, the Pokémon is easily identified as a fake during the winter."
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
    Last edited by Divine Retribution; 3rd February 2016 at 2:17 AM.
    Play Minecraft? Check this out.

Just an urchin livin' under the street - I'm a hard case that's tough to beat
    I'm your charity case - So buy me somethin' to eat
    I'll pay you at another time - Take it to the end of the line

Rags to riches or so they say - Ya gotta keep pushin' for the fortune and fame
    Ya know it's all a gamble when it''s just a game
    But ya treat it like like a capitol crime - And everybody's doin' their time

Ancient Wave
    Power: 90
    Accuracy: 100
    Type: Rock
    Category: Special
    PP: 10
    Effect: Has a 10% chance of lowering the target's Special Defense by one stage. On Double Battles, it hits all foes, but not allies.

Shadow Strike
    Power: 100
    Accuracy: 100
    Type: Ghost
    Category: Physical
    PP: 10
    Effect: None.
    Last edited by Amanojaku; 5th February 2016 at 6:17 PM.

Really minor thing here, but...

I'd really want to give Mega Glalie an unbroken jaw :/ The poor thing.

And then on the side of gameplay...Refrigerate is a pretty meh Ability for it to have...There aren't a-lot of good Normal type moves that it can use for Physical or Special damage, whereas every other Pokemon with this sort of Ability has at least one great option (Hyper Voice for the most part, but Salamence can also put Double Edge to good use, and Pinsir has its trusty Quick Attack as well as Feint). Explosion is cool, but that's a waste of a Mega Slot. And Double Edge is only available from transfers. Headbutt? A bit weak compared to what the others are packing (and has less utility than Quick Attack or Feint).

Though despite my complaints I'm not sure what I'd give it, apart from maybe Sturdy or Snow Warning off the top of my head.

Stats-wise I still think its kind of lackluster...Its got a good deal of power, but the defenses are still bland...I'd scratch a bit off of its Attack stat and Speed for some more Bulk.

110 Attack
    120 Sp. Attack
    120 Defense
    110 Sp. Defense
    50 Speed

...Probably drastic on that Speed but hey.
    Last edited by Emperor Empoleon; 5th February 2016 at 2:12 PM.

Frozen Age
    Type: Ice/Special
    Power: 50
    Acc: 30
    PP: 5

If this attack hits, the target will be frozen for at least 5 turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Empoleon View Post
    Really minor thing here, but...

I'd really want to give Mega Glalie an unbroken jaw :/ The poor thing.

And then on the side of gameplay...Refrigerate is a pretty meh Ability for it to have...There aren't a-lot of good Normal type moves that it can use for Physical or Special damage, whereas every other Pokemon with this sort of Ability has at least one great option (Hyper Voice for the most part, but Salamence can also put Double Edge to good use, and Pinsir has its trusty Quick Attack as well as Feint). Explosion is cool, but that's a waste of a Mega Slot. And Double Edge is only available from transfers. Headbutt? A bit weak compared to what the others are packing (and has less utility than Quick Attack or Feint).

Mega Glalie shines in Doubles with Refridgerate Explosion. I personally this set it in VGC where Moody is legal.

Glalie @ Glalite
    Jolly - Moody (Refridgerate)
    252 Speed, 252 Attack, 4 Defence
    -Return
    -Earthquake
    -Explosion
    -Protect

If I happen to get the Attack boost from Moody, very little is going to survive a Refridgerate boosted Explosion, especially if I can get an Azelf or Gardevoir to Imprison Protect. I actually used an Explosion team consisting of Azelf, Metagross, Glalie, and a Dragonite as a cleaner, wasn't very practical but it was a hell of a lot of fun.

Default Type contrarianism

Note: Unless explicitly said so, these moves have the same Power, PP and Accuracy as Freeze-Dry
    * Cryo Drop: A special Ice move which is super-effective against Fire types. It can be learnt by Articuno, Regice, Abomasnow and Kyurem
    * Boil: A special Fire move which is super-effective against Water types. It can be learnt by the Slugma line, Camerupt, Heatran and Reshiram
    * Acidic Blast: A special Poison move which is super-effective against Steel types. It can only be learnt by the Grimer line, Koffing line, Swalot and Dragalge
    * Over-Saturate: A special Water move which is super-effective against Grass types. It can only be learnt by Blastoise, Kyogre, Lapras and Feraligatr
    * Pillar Throw: A physical Ground move which is super-effective against Flying types. It can only be learnt by the Cubone line, Gligar line, Groudon and Garchomp
    * Soul Punch: A physical Fighting move which is super-effective against Ghost types. It can only be learnt by Lucario, Gallade, Mienshao and the Medicham line
    * Super Bolt: A special Electric move which is super-effective against Ground types. It can only be learnt by the Pichu line
    Shinies
    Search:
    Random:
    SR:
    Traded away:
    Gift:
    In-game:
    MM:
    Dexnav:

I would remove mega-evolutions. Really, wtf were that? Worst addition ever.

Default Marowak

I'd like if the bone Attacks (Bone Club, Bone Rush, Bonemerang) could hit flying or levitating pokemon. It seems weird to me that my Marowak seemingly can't throw her bone upwards at all. I feel it would help set Marowak apart from other pokemon as well, which is good, because I feel Marowak is forgotten by most people outside of Gen 1 story.

Also, on the subject of Marowak, being one of the few pokemon to actually carry a baton-like item, it seems odd that it can't learn baton pass....

fear my gible army. mwa ha ha ha haaaaaaa!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragom master Tryce View Post
    I'd like if the bone Attacks (Bone Club, Bone Rush, Bonemerang) could hit flying or levitating pokemon. It seems weird to me that my Marowak seemingly can't throw her bone upwards at all. I feel it would help set Marowak apart from other pokemon as well, which is good, because I feel Marowak is forgotten by most people outside of Gen 1 story.

Also, on the subject of Marowak, being one of the few pokemon to actually carry a baton-like item, it seems odd that it can't learn baton pass....
    That would be neat. It certainly would make sense. Acid Spray should do something to Steel Pokemon because acid actually has an effect on metal
    Shinies
    Search:
    Random:
    SR:
    Traded away:
    Gift:
    In-game:
    MM:
    Dexnav:

That would be neat. It certainly would make sense. Acid Spray should do something to Steel Pokemon because acid actually has an effect on metal
    Maybe acid attacks could cause the 'corrosion' status, which is like Poison, but exclusively for Steel types?

The issue with splitting hairs like this is that there's too many attacks that would need to deal damage to Pokemon that should be immune to them. For instance, Hyper Beam is very clearly an energy based attack, so why shouldn't it hit Ghost types? Sound-based Normal typed moves fall in the same category, and come to think if it, why should Ghost be immune to Normal and Fighting but not Rock, Steel, and Ground? Why should moves like Thunderpunch and Wild Charge do no damage at all to Ground types? Realistically it should do reduced damage and have no paralysis chance, but the physical contact would at least do some damage. On the subject of Electric, how come Water is weak to Electric, Ground is immune to it, and Steel is neutral to it? All three conduct electricity and yet they span the entire type relation chart.

You could make type relations more nuanced but it would require you to overhaul the entire system, because there's so many possible exceptions.
    Last edited by Divine Retribution; 8th February 2016 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    The issue with splitting hairs like this is that there's too many attacks that would need to deal damage to Pokemon that should be immune to them. For instance, Hyper Beam is very clearly an energy based attack, so why shouldn't it hit Ghost types? Sound-based Normal typed moves fall in the same category, and come to think if it, why should Ghost be immune to Normal and Fighting but not Rock, Steel, and Ground? Why should moves like Thunderpunch and Wild Charge do no damage at all to Ground types? Realistically it should do reduced damage and have no paralysis chance, but the physical contact would at least do some damage. On the subject of Electric, how come Water is weak to Electric, Ground is immune to it, and Steel is neutral to it? All three conduct electricity and yet they span the entire type relation chart.

You could make type relations more nuanced but it would require you to overhaul the entire system, because there's so many possible exceptions.
    Up until Gen VI I would have completely agreed. Whilst moves like the ones mentioned have always kinda bugged me, I kinda went with the idea that the type chart is the type chart, and should be left as is.
    However, with the introduction of Freeze-dry, and to a lesser extent Flying Press as well, I feel that there are a few existing moves that could have been given unique 'typing' to set them apart, especially if it gave a few forgotten Pokemon a new lease of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post

All three elements have been commonly used in defecting spiritual enemies in many religious systems, with cold iron in particular defecting ghosts in a similar fashion to how it defects fairies. So, that isn't an issue(though you can make a case for physical attacks not hitting Ghosts in general instead).

And most of the Generation VI's changes have been small minute changes like this(Dragon Rush, Body Slam etc. hitting Minimized opponents with double damage and perfect accuracy for example). So it is not really unprecedented either, even if it might be difficult to implement in 3DS, it wouldn't be so overcrowded in a better future platform.

Edit: And this isn't really a rebuttal to your argument, since this thread is just for listing some random ideas people come up with from time to time than for any serious discussion about the implications.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..

Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Page 345 of 345 FirstFirst ... 245295335341342343344345