View Poll Results: ?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • ?

    0 0%
  • ?

    0 0%
Page 339 of 339 FirstFirst ... 239289329335336337338339
Results 8,451 to 8,471 of 8471

Thread: Create/Rename/Change Anything and Everything!!!

  1. #8451
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raichu27 View Post
    It explains why water is resistant to ice here:

    http://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Water_...th_other_types

    I still don't think ice should resist water, as water would make the ice smaller and weaker. However, water resisting fire, ground resisting rock, and fairy resisting fighting would make sense to me. Ice is also super effective against four types. I can't really think of a type that Ice should resist other than itself. I think the type chart is pretty much fine the way it is, imo.
    That wiki and its explanations for many types seem like they pulled a lot of their reasonings . . . out of their butts; no offense. Some make sense, while others just simply don't. I don't believe logic should be used when defining the type chart, because Pokémon do not represent elements; they manipulate them. Normal is weak to Fighting because a Normal person wouldn't stand a chance against a professional fighter. That makes sense. However, if we're using logic here, Normal should be weak to every type (bar a few)! Fire: burn to death; Water: drown to death; etc. and etc. A reason can be given for every type to be weak or resistant to something based on its relation to the real world. However, we have to understand that Pokémon and the typings are not based on real world logic.

    Furthermore, the Ice-type needs a serious boost to the type-chart; it is one of the weakest types in the game. While Ice-types would be good allies with Water-types because they can handle Grass-types, Water-types are able to learn a lot of Ice-type moves to help them in these circumstances. Meanwhile, Ice-types are left in the dust with barely any getting a decent Water-type move to help them against Rock and Fire-types. Game freak either needs to change the type chart, or allow more Ice-types to use beneficial Water-type moves.

    Ice-Type Chart Update
    Weak to: Fighting (2x), Fire (2x), Rock (2x), Steel (2x)
    Immune to: None
    Resistant to: Dragon (1/2x), Ground (1/2x), Ice (1/2x)

    I've shown this chart multiple times on this thread alone. Ice would now resist both Dragon and Ground-types. This is still balanced, however, as many Dragon and Ground-type Pokémon learn Fire and Rock-type moves, respectively.

    Continuing on, Ice-types should also gain a Hail boost, similar to Rock-types with Sandstorm:

    Hail
    -Ice-types now gain a 50% increase in defense when it's hailing.
    -Now decreases the power of Fire-type moves by 50% when it's hailing.

    This allows the defensively weak Ice-types to gain a huge boost in defense, and also allows them to treat Fire-type moves with neutral effectiveness during Hailstorms.

    Vote for Gardevoir as the next Smash fighter!

  2. #8452
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raichu27 View Post
    It explains why water is resistant to ice here:

    http://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Water_...th_other_types

    I still don't think ice should resist water, as water would make the ice smaller and weaker. However, water resisting fire, ground resisting rock, and fairy resisting fighting would make sense to me. Ice is also super effective against four types. I can't really think of a type that Ice should resist other than itself. I think the type chart is pretty much fine the way it is, imo.
    Thermodynamics doesn't really belong in Pokemon when a Pokemon creature can manipulate the elements at will. When a Pokemon specializes in moving water and another specializes in freezing it, I personally believe that the freezer should win out. You could argue that a Water Pokemon is the opposite of freezing H2O to the point of heating it, demonstrated by Scald, but at the very least, the two opposites should cancel each other out rather than being one-sided as it is now.



    Quote Originally Posted by cmats4020 View Post
    That wiki and its explanations for many types seem like they pulled a lot of their reasonings . . . out of their butts; no offense. Some make sense, while others just simply don't. I don't believe logic should be used when defining the type chart, because Pokémon do not represent elements; they manipulate them. Normal is weak to Fighting because a Normal person wouldn't stand a chance against a professional fighter. That makes sense. However, if we're using logic here, Normal should be weak to every type (bar a few)! Fire: burn to death; Water: drown to death; etc. and etc. A reason can be given for every type to be weak or resistant to something based on its relation to the real world. However, we have to understand that Pokémon and the typings are not based on real world logic.

    Furthermore, the Ice-type needs a serious boost to the type-chart; it is one of the weakest types in the game. While Ice-types would be good allies with Water-types because they can handle Grass-types, Water-types are able to learn a lot of Ice-type moves to help them in these circumstances. Meanwhile, Ice-types are left in the dust with barely any getting a decent Water-type move to help them against Rock and Fire-types. Game freak either needs to change the type chart, or allow more Ice-types to use beneficial Water-type moves.

    Ice-Type Chart Update
    Weak to: Fighting (2x), Fire (2x), Rock (2x), Steel (2x)
    Immune to: None
    Resistant to: Dragon (1/2x), Ground (1/2x), Ice (1/2x)

    I've shown this chart multiple times on this thread alone. Ice would now resist both Dragon and Ground-types. This is still balanced, however, as many Dragon and Ground-type Pokémon learn Fire and Rock-type moves, respectively.

    Continuing on, Ice-types should also gain a Hail boost, similar to Rock-types with Sandstorm:

    Hail
    -Ice-types now gain a 50% increase in defense when it's hailing.
    -Now decreases the power of Fire-type moves by 50% when it's hailing.

    This allows the defensively weak Ice-types to gain a huge boost in defense, and also allows them to treat Fire-type moves with neutral effectiveness during Hailstorms.
    I totally agree. Your proposed changes are great, especially to Hail, which annoyed me that it got the short end of the weather stick.
    3DS FC: 2320 - 6137 - 2703
    Trainer ID: Austin

  3. #8453
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Wherever I'm needed…
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Here's a list of duel typings for Ice-types if you gave them a resistance to Water, Flying and Ground types, while still keeping their weaknesses.

    Ice/Normal:
    0x: Ghost
    1/2x: Water, Ice, Ground, Flying
    2x: Fire, Rock, Steel
    4x: Fighting

    Ice/Fire:
    1/4x: Ice
    1/2x: Grass, Flying, Bug, Fairy
    2x: Fighting
    4x: Rock

    Ice/ Water:
    1/4x: Water, Ice
    1/2x: Ground, Flying
    2x: Electric, Grass, Fighting, Rock

    Ice/Electric:
    1/4x: Flying
    1/2x: Water, Electric, Ice
    2x: Fire, Fighting, Rock,

    Ice/Grass:
    1/4x: Water, Ground
    1/2x: Electric, Grass
    2x: Fighting, Poison, Bug, Rock, Steel
    4x: Fire

    Ice:
    1/2x: Water, Ice, Flying, Ground
    2x: Fire, Fighting, Rock, Steel

    Ice/Flying:
    0x: Ground
    1/2x: Water, Grass, Flying, Bug
    2x: Fire, Electric, Steel
    4x: Rock

    Ice/Fighting:
    1/2x: Water, Ice, Ground, Bug, Dark
    2x: Fire, Fighting, Psychic, Steel, Fairy

    Ice/Psychic:
    1/2x: Water, Ice, Ground, Flying, Psychic
    2x: Fire, Bug, Rock, Ghost, Dark, Steel

    Ice/Poison:
    1/2x: Water, Grass, Ice, Flying, Poison, Bug, Fairy
    2x: Fire, Psychic, Rock, Steel

    Ice/Ground:
    0x: Electric
    1/2x: Flying, Ground, Poison
    2x: Fire, Grass, Fighting, Steel

    Ice/Bug
    1/4x: Ground
    1/2x: Water, Ice, Grass
    2x: Steel
    4x: Fire, Rock

    Ice/Rock:
    1/4x: Flying
    1/2x: Normal, Ice, Poison
    2x: Grass, Rock,
    4x: Fighting, Steel

    Ice/Ghost:
    0x: Normal, Fighting
    1/2x: Water, Ice, Flying, Ground, Poison, Bug
    2x: Fire, Rock, Ghost, Dark, Steel

    Ice/Dragon:
    1/4x: Water
    1/2x: Electric, Grass, Flying, Ground
    2x: Fighting, Rock, Dragon, Steel, Fairy

    Ice/Dark:
    0x: Psychic
    1/2x: Water, Ice, Ground, Flying, Ghost, Dark
    2x: Fire, Bug, Rock, Steel, Fairy
    4x: Fighting

    Ice/Steel
    0x: Poison
    1/4x: Ice, Flying
    1/2x: Normal, Water, Grass, Psychic, Bug, Dragon, Fairy
    4x: Fire, Fighting

    Ice/Fairy:
    0x: Dragon
    1/2x: Water, Ice, Flying, Ground, Dark, Bug
    2x: Fire, Rock, Poison
    4x: Steel

    Not bad, though I'm contemplating whether to give them another resist or just leave it at that. Dragon is a good choice, but it's recent nerf is leaving me stumped. Ghost is another option since it got buffed and now only Dark resists it. Also yes to 50% Defense boost in Hail.
    Last edited by MissingGeo; 20th July 2015 at 9:13 AM.

  4. #8454
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cmats4020 View Post
    That wiki and its explanations for many types seem like they pulled a lot of their reasonings . . . out of their butts; no offense. Some make sense, while others just simply don't. I don't believe logic should be used when defining the type chart, because Pokémon do not represent elements; they manipulate them. Normal is weak to Fighting because a Normal person wouldn't stand a chance against a professional fighter. That makes sense. However, if we're using logic here, Normal should be weak to every type (bar a few)! Fire: burn to death; Water: drown to death; etc. and etc. A reason can be given for every type to be weak or resistant to something based on its relation to the real world. However, we have to understand that Pokémon and the typings are not based on real world logic.

    Furthermore, the Ice-type needs a serious boost to the type-chart; it is one of the weakest types in the game. While Ice-types would be good allies with Water-types because they can handle Grass-types, Water-types are able to learn a lot of Ice-type moves to help them in these circumstances. Meanwhile, Ice-types are left in the dust with barely any getting a decent Water-type move to help them against Rock and Fire-types. Game freak either needs to change the type chart, or allow more Ice-types to use beneficial Water-type moves.

    Ice-Type Chart Update
    Weak to: Fighting (2x), Fire (2x), Rock (2x), Steel (2x)
    Immune to: None
    Resistant to: Dragon (1/2x), Ground (1/2x), Ice (1/2x)

    I've shown this chart multiple times on this thread alone. Ice would now resist both Dragon and Ground-types. This is still balanced, however, as many Dragon and Ground-type Pokémon learn Fire and Rock-type moves, respectively.

    Continuing on, Ice-types should also gain a Hail boost, similar to Rock-types with Sandstorm:

    Hail
    -Ice-types now gain a 50% increase in defense when it's hailing.
    -Now decreases the power of Fire-type moves by 50% when it's hailing.

    This allows the defensively weak Ice-types to gain a huge boost in defense, and also allows them to treat Fire-type moves with neutral effectiveness during Hailstorms.
    I think more ice Pokemon being able to learn more powerful water moves would be a better idea, although an ice Pokemon's Water Pulse or Bubblebeam does do more damage when Rain Dance is activated. A non-water type Ice Pokemon like Beartic is able to learn a more powerful water move like Dive. If an Ice Pokemon were gonna to have a another resistance, I would probably have to choose Dragon. Still disagree with the others. Most ice Pokemon are not weak to ground anyway, just like for most water Pokemon. Steel is the only type to ever resist Dragon. Some types like Psychic, Ghost, and Ground also have 2 resistances. We could also add a new Pokemon type that can be resisted by ice that currently don't exist, like when Fairy didn't exist before Generation 6, if you don't think ice is balanced enough.
    Last edited by raichu27; 20th July 2015 at 12:08 PM.

  5. #8455
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raichu27 View Post
    I think more ice Pokemon being able to learn more powerful water moves would be a better idea, although an ice Pokemon's Water Pulse or Bubblebeam does do more damage when Rain Dance is activated. A non-water type Ice Pokemon like Beartic is able to learn a more powerful water move like Dive. If an Ice Pokemon were gonna to have a another resistance, I would probably have to choose Dragon. Still disagree with the others. Most ice Pokemon are not weak to ground anyway, just like for most water Pokemon. Steel is the only type to ever resist Dragon. Some types like Psychic, Ghost, and Ground also have 2 resistances. We could also add a new Pokemon type that can be resisted by ice that currently don't exist, like when Fairy didn't exist before Generation 6, if you don't think ice is balanced enough.
    At the very least I believe Ice should resist Flying, since Flying is already resisted by 2 out of the 3 "solid" types (embodied by the three Regi's). The boosts to Hail should definitely happen as well. Everything else seems disputable.
    3DS FC: 2320 - 6137 - 2703
    Trainer ID: Austin

  6. #8456
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raichu27 View Post
    A non-water type Ice Pokemon like Beartic is able to learn a more powerful water move like Dive.
    Something rarely seen in Ice-types, and considering Beartic is relatively slow, it dies pretty quickly to one of its many weaknesses. Dive doesn't help its cause much.

    Quote Originally Posted by raichu27 View Post
    If an Ice Pokemon were gonna to have a another resistance, I would probably have to choose Dragon. Still disagree with the others. Most ice Pokemon are not weak to ground anyway, just like for most water Pokemon. Steel is the only type to ever resist Dragon. Some types like Psychic, Ghost, and Ground also have 2 resistances. We could also add a new Pokemon type that can be resisted by ice that currently don't exist, like when Fairy didn't exist before Generation 6, if you don't think ice is balanced enough.
    I don't think it should matter if *most* Ice-types aren't weak to Ground-types. The fact is, Ice-types are weak when it comes to physically offensive moves. Being resistant to one of the most physically offensive types in the game definitely does give the Ice-type a niche, and longer sustainability.

    And while some types have 2 resistances, Ice's resistance to Ground and Dragon isn't synonymous with these other cases. Psychic-types have a resistance to Fighting-types; while Fighting-types do have Dark-type moves to counter them, Psychic-types are often faster and have a higher special attack stat compared to Fighting's usual weak special defense. Likewise with Ghost-types, where if you're not the fastest, you will have sustainability issues with Ghost's usually low HP stat.

    While Ice-types can be fast, many are not and are usually defensive based Pokémon; an illogical concept considering they are the weakest defensive Pokémon in the game. If an Ice-type were to go against the Dragon or Ground-types in battle -- considering that Ice-types are relatively slow -- Dragons, and the unusually fast Ground-types can dish out Fire-type or Rock-type moves to counter their weak STAB moves.

    Adding in Dragon or Ground as a resistance to Ice-types isn't adding too much to their defensive capabilities, but it at least gives them something to work with. Without any other resistances besides their own type, and without a solid weather, Ice-types are highly outclassed by Water-types who can learn Ice-type moves.
    Last edited by cmats4020; 20th July 2015 at 11:00 PM.

    Vote for Gardevoir as the next Smash fighter!

  7. #8457
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,240

    Default

    Erase Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire from existence and replace it with Delta Emerald. All mythical pokemon loses their status and spin-offs are no longer made.
    Currently playing Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

    Currently own: All gen 4 main series games, all gen 5 games and the all four gen 6 games.

    Feel free to check out my hilarious signature!

    Currently avoiding the giant chicken so I won't destroy half the city when fighting the chicken!

    Oh no, oh no, oh no! Oh Yeah! Okay, can everyone please stop saying oh no in the court room cause the Kool Aid man keeps coming in!

    Oh that dog of mine!

    Oh haven't you heard? Bird is the word!

  8. #8458
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Sinnoh
    Posts
    115

    Default

    A few additions I would make to Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire:

    • Post-game Gym leader rematches
    • Post-game May/Brendan rematch
    • The Artisan Cave is at the Battle Resort. There is a shiny Smeargle standing in the heart of the cave that knows Thousand Arrows or Thousand Waves, a hint for the next Kalos game(s) [Credit for this idea goes to RedJirachi]
    My 3DS Friend Code: 5129-1887-3797
    My Friend Safari:
    My Shinies:

    I was in Lumiose City the other day. I saw a Ditto casually walking down the street, and it turned into a Pokémon Center.

  9. #8459
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    ?
    Posts
    2,711

    Default Type re-modifications and theories

    Re-added strengths/weaknesses
    Normal: x2 weakness gain to Poison. Reasoning: what defense does an average person have against poison?
    Ice: x0.5 resistance against Water and Poison. Reasoning: Ice is solid water(which is why water resists ice) and diseases do poorly in cold conditions/freezing food keeps it fresh longer

    Logic for type strengths a weaknesses
    Normal: Ghost immunity(ghosts are intangible, which also explains ghosts immunity to Normal moves), Fighting weakness(an ordinary person vs a professional fighter)
    Fire: Resistance to Bug(bugs wouldn't want to go in flame), Fairy(nature associates do poorly in flames), Fire(you're simply adding more fire the the fuel), Grass(Fire burns grass), Ice(Fire melts Ice) and Steel(steel conducts heat), weak to Ground, Rock(very difficult to burn them) and Water(water puts out flame)
    Fighting: Resistant to Bug(?), Dark(cheaters never prosper) and Rock(trained to punch rocks). Weak to Fairy(nobles heroes take place in fairy tales), Flying(?) and Psychic(brain beats brawn)
    Water: Resistant to Fire(you can't burn Water), Water(you just get more Water), Ice(it's adding more water, just in solid form) and Steel(steel rusts in water). Weak against Grass(Grass absorbs water) and Electric(water conducts electricity)
    Flying: Resistant to Fighting(try punching a bird), Bug(birds eat bugs) and Grass(grass is planted on the ground). Weak to rock(two birds with one stone), ice(frozen wings) and electric(?)
    Grass: Resistant to Electric(connected to ground), Grass(plant hybridization?), Ground(soil=ground) and Water(plants drink water). Weak to Bug(they're good at eating crops), Fire(grass burns easy), Flying(how do they fight off flying predators?), Ice(plants do horribly in the cold) and Poison(pesticides)
    Poison: Resistant to Fighting(you'd be careful not to just fist a Muk), Poison(immunity to their own toxins), Bug(bug spray), Grass(pesticide) and Fairy(because they're easily poisoned, they'll avoid). Weak to Ground and Psychic(?)
    Electric: Resistant to Electric(just adding more electricity), Flying(they live in the clouds, where thunder is present) and Steel(steel conducts electricity). Weak to Ground(grounded)
    Ground: Resistant to Poison(that clay thing that helps cure poison), Rock(what are rocks a part of?) and immune to Electric(doesn't conduct). Weak to Grass(grass uses them as soil), Water and Ice(erosion)
    Psychic: Resistant to Fighting(brains beat brawn) and Psychic(they understand how their kind thinks). Weak to Ghost, Dark and Bug(common phobias)
    Rock: Resistant to Fire(high melting point), Flying(kill two birds with one stone), Normal(average people would just hurt their hand trying to break a rock) and Poison(try to poison a rock). Weak to Fighting(trained professionals break rocks with their hands), Grass(plants grow out of it), Ground(earthquakes crumble rocks), Steel(much harder and can break rocks easier), Water(erosion)
    Ice: Resistant to ice(only adding more of itself), weak to Fire(melts ice), Rock, Steel(hard objects thrown vs brittle ice) and Fighting(easy to shatter with a well-done punch)
    Bug: Resistant to Ground, Grass(most bugs live on and in the ground or in plants) and Fighting(hard to punch such a small target as a bug). Weak to Fire(they live in grass which burn easy/they burn easy), Rock(?) and Flying(predator birds swoop them up like that)
    Dragon: Resists Water, Fire, Grass and Electric(no real justification other than to throw you and your starters in a loop). Weak to Dragon(only dragons can pierce their own hide), Ice(dragons are portrayed as reptilian, who are cold-blooded and die easily in cold) and Fairy(dragons are defeated in fairy tales)
    Ghost: Immunity to Normal and Fighting(intangibility), resistant to Bug(they aren't scared by bugs, given they're already dead), Poison(how do you poison the dead?). Weak to Ghost(?) and Dark(evil desecrating the spirits of the deceased)
    Dark: Immune to psychic(they are the abyss that the Psychics daren't stare into), resistant to Ghost(ghosts haunt the dark, which they are used to) and Dark(they know their own strategy), weak to Fighting(good defeats evil), Bug(many bugs are nocturnal, and lack the intellect to fall for their dirty tricks) and Fairy(evil loses in Fairy Tales)
    Steel: Resistant to many types because they can't really get around its armor. Immune to Poison because it is inorganic. Weak to Fighting(a skilled fighter can twist and bend metal), Fire(easily conducts heat) and Ground(earthquakes vs buildings)
    Fairy: Immunity to Dragons(dragons take place and are defeated in fairy tales), resistant to Bug(?), Dark(evil loses in fairy tales) and Fighting(?). Weak to Poison(fairies are nature associated) and Steel(cold iron burns the fae)

    Moar Fakemon and Formes
    Manal and Saucares
    Type-Psychic/Electric
    Ability-Plasma Drain(physical touch absorbs 1/16th of max HP)
    Evolution-Manal-Learn Magnet Rise-Saucares
    Egg group-Amorphous
    Gender ratio-100% male
    Basis-These Pokemon are based off H.G.Wells' Martians

    Elstorm and Hydrove
    Type-Electric/Psychic
    Ability-Levitate
    Evolution-Elstorm-Learn Hurricane-Hydrove
    Egg group-Amorphous
    Gender ratio-100% female
    Basis-These Pokemon are based off the "gasbag" alien, a type of alien jellyfish-esque creature who live on gas planets/worlds with thick atmospheres

    Snoma, Colley and Cryostela
    Type-Ice/Rock(Snoma, Colley), Ice/Steel(Cryostela)
    Ability-Flash Fire
    Evolution-Snoma-Lv 39-Colley-Learn Meteor Mash(Lv 55)-Cryostela
    Egg group-Mineral
    Gender ration-Genderless
    Basis-These Pokemon are based off comets

    Volcanion and its Primal State: Pokemon Z reveals more if you have obtained the Volcanion gift. It is revealed how Volcanion was created; thousands or even millions of years ago, Groudon and Kyogre feuded. There were areas where their battles were so even-handed and intense it created great island volcanoes. Out of their leftover power was born the first Volcanion

    Volcanion thus have an ancestral connection to these Pokemon. A researcher theorizes they thus have the potential for their ancestor's primal power. After defeating Zygarde, you are given the apex of their research-the Jade Orb. Holding the Jade Orb, Volcanion gains its ancestor's power by absorbing geothermal energy, becoming Primal Volcanion

    Primal Volcanion has an ability and weather that is unique: Humidity. Humidity is a fusion of Drizzle and Drought. Fire and Water moves gain a 50% increase in their power. In addition, Pokemon that are neither Fire nor Water typed have their accuracy lowered

    Zygarde: Theory about its true form. It is revealed there were two power sources for the Ultimate Weapon. The second is Mew, who's Ultimate Form takes an important part in the post-game. The first is the Gaia Orb. The Gaia Orb is the origin of all Mega Stones, referred to as "fragments of the true Mega Evolution." It is mentioned that, while Mega Evolution in Pokemon requires them to hold their item, Zygarde can naturally just have it near its self. It acts as a key item

    The Gaia Orb reveals the true power of Zygarde....Mega Zygarde. As Zygarde, it can know either Thousand Arrows or Thousand Waves. You cannot have both moves simultaneously. Though there is only one Mega Zygarde, it's ability changes depending on which move it has

    When possessing Thousand Waves, Mega Zygarde gains the ability "Land's Reach." Land's Reach changes type effectiveness, making Ground Pokemon resistant against Fairy and super-effective used against Fairy. When possessing Thousand Arrows, Mega Zygarde gains the ability "Land's Feat." Land's Feat changes type effectiveness, making Ground Pokemon resistant against Dark and super-effective against Flying

    AZ's Eggs: There is a mystery gift item allowed to be transferred to Gen VII. It is revealed that, 800 years ago, AZ worked with a legendary Pokemon(the Gen VII mascot) to create an offspring for the legends on his region, in case something were to happen to them and thus doom the world. These eggs are not true eggs, but "chrysalises" that can be transferred to the next generation

    The true secret of these eggs are revealed in Gen VII. Using the power of that region, they are able to unlock them. It is revealed they are Lv 1, Shiny versions of Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde
    Shinies
    Search:
    Random:
    SR:
    Traded away:
    Gift:
    In-game:
    MM:
    Dexnav:
    Trade: Sylveon

    Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi

    Latest shiny: Omanyte(40 SR!)

  10. #8460
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    Re-added strengths/weaknesses
    Normal: x2 weakness gain to Poison. Reasoning: what defense does an average person have against poison?
    Ice: x0.5 resistance against Water and Poison. Reasoning: Ice is solid water(which is why water resists ice) and diseases do poorly in cold conditions/freezing food keeps it fresh longer
    As has already been said, real world actuality should not make the basis for the type chart. With this change, Normal just gained an unneeded weakness when it doesn't even do SE STAB damage against anything. What we should be thinking about when it comes to the type chart is gameplay, not real world physics. That's why Fairies were brought in; not to make a real world point (because Fairies are real, right? lol) but to balance out the incredibly overpowered Dragons.

    Also, with your Normal-type reasoning, what defense does an average person have against any other type out there? We might as well make Normal weak to everything if we're using real world logic, here.

    Vote for Gardevoir as the next Smash fighter!

  11. #8461
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    ?
    Posts
    2,711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cmats4020 View Post
    As has already been said, real world actuality should not make the basis for the type chart. With this change, Normal just gained an unneeded weakness when it doesn't even do SE STAB damage against anything. What we should be thinking about when it comes to the type chart is gameplay, not real world physics. That's why Fairies were brought in; not to make a real world point (because Fairies are real, right? lol) but to balance out the incredibly overpowered Dragons.

    Also, with your Normal-type reasoning, what defense does an average person have against any other type out there? We might as well make Normal weak to everything if we're using real world logic, here.
    While I agree with Normal, I disagree with you saying there's no logic. I admit, most of the type chart doesn't have anything to do with real life. But it does have something to do with other logics. They aren't just there for no reason. Fairy Pokemon are justified in fighting off Dragon Pokemon because dragons are beaten in fairy tales.

    Also, I wanted to change Ice for more mechanical purposes. Poison Pokemon suffered from only being super-effective against one type, which is why Fairy Pokemon are weak to Poison moves. By making Ice Pokemon resist something other than just itself, I make them more viable. And, like many Pokemon(Rock v Flying, Fairy v Steel), I searched for something that makes at least a little sense to resist
    Shinies
    Search:
    Random:
    SR:
    Traded away:
    Gift:
    In-game:
    MM:
    Dexnav:
    Trade: Sylveon

    Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi

    Latest shiny: Omanyte(40 SR!)

  12. #8462
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Milan
    Posts
    1,005

    Default

    Some megaevos that I'd like to see someday:

    1) Mega Raticate

    Type: Normal/Fight

    Ability: Guts

    HP: 55
    Atk: 130 (+49)
    Def: 84 (+24)
    Sp.Atk:
    10 (-40)
    Sp.Def:
    94 (+24)
    Vel: 140 (+43)


    2) Mega Muk

    Type: Poison

    Ability: Poison Touch

    HP: 105
    Atk: 140 (+35)
    Def: 110 (+35)
    Sp.Atk:
    65
    Sp.Def:
    130 (+30)
    Spe: 50


    3) Mega Machamp

    Type:Fight

    Ability: No guard

    HP: 90
    Atk: 190 (+60)
    Def: 100 (+20)
    Sp.Atk:
    65
    Sp.Def:
    105 (+20)
    Spe: 55


    That's all for now!
    I tried to take into consideration all of the best stats of each Pokčmon, without making them too overpowered, even though I must admit that I might have created an uber wall with Muk and a uber wallbreaker with Machamp. XD
    On the other hand, I think that Mega Raticate would be okay with the changes that I made.
    Last edited by Aetius; 26th July 2015 at 9:32 AM.
    My Shiny Pokčmon (Since 2001): (X2)

    Last update: 19/3/2014


    3DS Friend code: 1950-8255-4764
    Friend Safari: Bug (Illumise, Ledyba and Venomoth)

  13. #8463
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    While I agree with Normal, I disagree with you saying there's no logic. I admit, most of the type chart doesn't have anything to do with real life. But it does have something to do with other logics. They aren't just there for no reason. Fairy Pokemon are justified in fighting off Dragon Pokemon because dragons are beaten in fairy tales.
    Admittedly, yes, there is some real-world logic to the type-chart. But to change it based on real-world physics is nonsensical.

    Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    Also, I wanted to change Ice for more mechanical purposes. Poison Pokemon suffered from only being super-effective against one type, which is why Fairy Pokemon are weak to Poison moves. By making Ice Pokemon resist something other than just itself, I make them more viable. And, like many Pokemon(Rock v Flying, Fairy v Steel), I searched for something that makes at least a little sense to resist
    With how you changed the Ice-type, it didn't really give it too much to go with. Poison attacks aren't too common. They are only really there to counter the now common Fairy-type. Other than that, people usually use other attacking types to deal with Grass Pokémon. So you basically just helped neuter Poison-types once again. As for Water, it doesn't really do much other than give Ice-types another resistance. And yes, that's good, but it just weakens the Water-type which is already pretty well-balanced. And if we're going with logic here, Ice wouldn't resist Water, but be weak to it; water does melt ice.
    Last edited by cmats4020; Yesterday at 6:50 PM.

    Vote for Gardevoir as the next Smash fighter!

  14. #8464
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Mega Crobat (Evolves from holding Crobatite)

    Type: Poison/Flying

    Ability: Inner Focus

    HP: 85
    Attack: 120 (+30)
    Defense: 80
    Special Attack: 100 (+30)
    Special Defense: 100 (+20)
    Speed: 150 (+20)
    BST: 635 (+100)

    Quote Originally Posted by cmats4020 View Post
    Admittedly, yes, there is some real-world logic to the type-chart. But to change it based on real-world physics is nonsensical.



    With how you changed the Ice-type, it didn't really give it too much to go with. Poison attacks aren't too common. They are only really there to counter the now common Fairy-type. Other than that, people usually use other attacking types to deal with Grass Pokémon. So you basically just helped neuter Poison-types once again. As for Water, it doesn't really do much other than give Ice-types another resistance. And yes, that's good, but it just weakens the Water-type which is already pretty well-balanced. And if we're going with logic here, Ice wouldn't resist Water, but be weak to it; water does melt ice.
    I actually used to think that ice should be weak to water. Fire melts it more faster anyway, so I think it kinda makes sense on why ice would be neutral to water while it's weak to fire. I used to think that bug should be weak to water as well. Same concept.
    Last edited by raichu27; Yesterday at 7:15 PM.

  15. #8465
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Ice-type buff

    Super Effective Against
    Flying - good luck flying when your wings are frozen
    Dragon - They are reptiles
    Grass - can't survive the cold
    Fairy - Fairies are guardians of nature. Nature dies when exposed to excessive cold
    Ground - Ice covers ground

    Resists
    Ice - like doesn't harm like in this case
    Psychic - brain freeze joke
    Fairy - Ice kills nature
    Water - Same thing, different state

    Resisted By
    Water - and vice versa.
    Rock - can shatter ice
    Steel - see rock
    Ice - can't harm like in this case
    Fire - melts it

    Weak To
    Fire - melts the ice
    Fighting - shatters
    Rock - see above
    Steel - see above
    Immune To
    None
    "Everyone creates the thing they dread. Men of peace create engines of war. Invaders create Avengers. People create... smaller people? Er... children! I lost the word there. Children. Designed to supplant them. To help them end."

  16. #8466
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Ice-type buff
    You buffed the Ice-type, but helped weaken many other types.

    Vote for Gardevoir as the next Smash fighter!

  17. #8467
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    ?
    Posts
    2,711

    Default

    Pandurin, the False Fruit Pokemon
    Type-Poison/Ground(Desert Forme), Poison/Ice(Tundra Forme)
    Name-Pandora+Durin
    Basis-The Pandurin is a sort of over-water sea slug. It is based on the idea of a deadly animal disguising itself as a plant(in its case, a fruit) in order to trick its prey
    Ability-Pleasant Aroma(the enemy's evasion drops by 2 levels)
    Egg group-Amorphous
    Formes-Pandurin has two formes that have different movesets and types, depending on where they are. Desert Forme Pandurin is in the desert, Tundra Forme Pandurin is in the snow. They are there to trick desperate creatures
    BST-490. Pandurin has very low speed, but great HP and sp.atk
    Shinies
    Search:
    Random:
    SR:
    Traded away:
    Gift:
    In-game:
    MM:
    Dexnav:
    Trade: Sylveon

    Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi

    Latest shiny: Omanyte(40 SR!)

  18. #8468
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    665

    Default

    Komiyo (Shikomi/Hangyoku)
    (Normal/Psychic)
    Species: Servant Pokémon
    Ability: Undaunted - Halves the damage done by moves strong against Psychic-types.
    Hidden Ability: Sacred Power - Doubles Sp. Attack stat.
    Gender Ratio: Female only
    Egg Groups: Human-Like, Amorphous
    Height: 3’7"
    Weight: 41.0 lbs.

    HP: 40
    Attack: 16
    Defense: 26
    Sp. Attack: 36
    Sp. Defense: 26
    Speed: 36
    Total: 180

    Type Effectiveness:
    Weak to: Bug (2x), Dark (2x)
    Immune to: Ghost (0x)
    Resistant to: Psychic (1/2x)

    *If this Pokémon’s ability is Undaunted, Bug and Dark is 1x effective.

    Pokédex Entry 1: Komiyo look up to their older sisters. They watch their siblings’ artful dances and melancholy songs; emulating them to earn their place in the Flower and Willow World.

    Pokédex Entry 2: Komiyo can only migrate to the Flower and Willow World once they master artful dances and melancholy songs. For now, they serve their older sisters with pride.

    Concept: Shikomi

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Kimaiko (Kimono/Maiko/Taiko)
    (Fairy/Psychic)
    Species: Dancing Child Pokémon
    Ability: Undaunted - Halves the damage done by moves strong against Psychic-types.
    Hidden Ability: Sacred Power - Doubles Sp. Attack stat.
    Gender Ratio: Female only
    Egg Groups: Human-Like, Amorphous
    Height: 4’6"
    Weight: 74.0 lbs.

    HP: 80 (+40)
    Attack: 28 (+12)
    Defense: 48 (+12)
    Sp. Attack: 38 (+12)
    Sp. Defense: 48 (+12)
    Speed: 38 (+12)
    Total: 280 (+100)

    Type Effectiveness:
    Weak to: Ghost (2x), Poison (2x), Steel (2x)
    Immune to: Dragon (0x)
    Resistant to: Fighting (1/4x), Psychic (1/2x)

    *If this Pokémon’s ability is Undaunted, Bug and Dark is 1/2x effective, and Ghost is 1x effective.

    Pokédex Entry 1: Their power is drawn from the Flower and Willow World. To migrate to this separate reality, Kimaiko must master many dances and songs.

    Pokédex Entry 2: Kimaiko have learned basic, artful forms from their older sisters. While they can’t access the Flower and Willow World just yet, they are able to draw energy from it.

    Evolution Method: Level up Komiyo knowing Feather Dance.

    Concept: Maiko (in ranking)/Geisha (in appearance)

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Kyosha (Kyoto/Geisha)
    (Fairy/Psychic)
    Species: Artisan Pokémon
    Ability: Undaunted - Halves the damage done by moves strong against Psychic-types.
    Hidden Ability: Sacred Power - Doubles Sp. Attack stat.
    Gender Ratio: Female only
    Egg Groups: Human-Like, Amorphous
    Height: 5’5"
    Weight: 113.0 lbs.

    HP: 120 (+40)
    Attack: 40 (+12)
    Defense: 60 (+12)
    Sp. Attack: 50 (+12)
    Sp. Defense: 60 (+12)
    Speed: 50 (+12)
    Total: 380 (+100)

    Type Effectiveness:
    Weak to: Ghost (2x), Poison (2x), Steel (2x)
    Immune to: Dragon (0x)
    Resistant to: Fighting (1/4x), Psychic (1/2x)

    *If this Pokémon’s ability is Undaunted, Bug and Dark is 1/2x effective, and Ghost is 1x effective.

    Pokédex Entry 1: Indigenous to what is now Ecruteak City, the Kyosha disappeared into the Flower and Willow World when the Brass Tower burned down; saddened by its destruction.

    Pokédex Entry 2: Kyosha are considered to be marvelously beautiful yet incredibly deceiving. They use their mysterious dances and melancholy songs to increase their power tenfold.

    Signature Move(s): Sparrow Dance

    Evolution Method: Level up Kimaiko knowing Quiver Dance.

    Concept: Geisha (in ranking)/Maiko (in appearance (furisode, darari obi, okobo))

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Sparrow Dance
    Type: Flying
    Category: Status
    Power: —
    Accuracy: —%
    PP: 5
    Effect: Sparrow Dance drastically raises the user’s Defense, Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense, and Speed stats.
    Last edited by cmats4020; Today at 12:03 AM.

    Vote for Gardevoir as the next Smash fighter!

  19. #8469
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raichu27 View Post
    I actually used to think that ice should be weak to water. Fire melts it more faster anyway, so I think it kinda makes sense on why ice would be neutral to water while it's weak to fire. I used to think that bug should be weak to water as well. Same concept.
    Yeah, it's a good middle ground. However, the more I think about it, Water-types do have good coverage against Grass and Dragon with the Ice-type attacks they have at their disposal, leaving only their own type as an actual resistance. I guess Ice could help alleviate this problem should it resist Water. I'm on board now lol

    Vote for Gardevoir as the next Smash fighter!

  20. #8470
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cmats4020 View Post
    Yeah, it's a good middle ground. However, the more I think about it, Water-types do have good coverage against Grass and Dragon with the Ice-type attacks they have at their disposal, leaving only their own type as an actual resistance. I guess Ice could help alleviate this problem should it resist Water. I'm on board now lol
    Some Ice Pokemon can learn electric moves and Freeze-Dry as well. A few of them can also learn grass moves like Grass Knot.
    Last edited by raichu27; Today at 2:26 AM.

  21. #8471
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raichu27 View Post
    Some Ice Pokemon can learn electric moves and Freeze-Dry as well. A few of them can also learn grass moves like Grass Knot.
    Hmm, I forgot about that . . . Okay, I'm not on board anymore lol.

    Vote for Gardevoir as the next Smash fighter!

Page 339 of 339 FirstFirst ... 239289329335336337338339

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •