Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • ?

0 0%
  • ?

0 0%
Page 350 of 350 FirstFirst ... 250300340346347348349350
Results 8,726 to 8,744 of 8744

Thread: Create/Rename/Change Anything and Everything!!!

Buffing some rather useless abilities:

Hypercutter:
    To: All cutting and slashing moves are boosted by 50%.

Illuminate:
    To: The opponent's evasion is lowered by one stage during battle. It also raises the encounter rate outside of battle.

Iron Fist:
    To: All punching moves are boosted by 50%.

Keen Eye:
    To: The accuracy of the pokemon's moves are boosted by 30%. It's accuracy cannot be lowered.

Run Away:
    From: Allows the pokemon to escape a wild pokemon battle.
    To: The pokemon is unable to be trapped by trapping moves or abilities, even during a trainer battle. Pursuit also doesn't gain full power when the pokemon with this ability switches out.

Unnerve:
    From: The opponent is unable to use berries. This effect is removed when the opponent switches out.
    To: The opponent is unable to use any items, with the exception of Mega Stones, Arceus holding plates, Genesect holding Drives, Giratina holding its orb, Groudon/Kyogre holding their respective orbs etc. The effect is removed when the opponent switches out.
    Last edited by MissingGeo; 8th May 2016 at 3:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MissingGeo View Post
    Illuminate:
    To: The opponent's evasion is lowered by one stage during battle. It also raises the encounter rate outside of battle.

Run Away:
    From: Allows the pokemon to escape a wild pokemon battle.
    To: The pokemon is unable to be trapped by trapping moves or abilities, even during a trainer battle. Pursuit also doesn't gain full power when the pokemon with this ability switches out.
    Can definitely agree to these two, funny to think that they haven't included this effects for otherwise pointless abilities
    NN ID: Wryteous
    3DS FC: 2036-7898-1385

Champion team changes:
    Steven in ORAS - Has Registeel instead of Claydol for first battle and rematch.
    Lance in HGSS - Has Latias in Soulsilver while having Latios in Heartgold. Rematch only.
    Diantha in XY - Has the other two legendary birds that you can't get in game due to the choice of starter. Replaces Tyrantrum and Gourgeist.
    Cynthia in Platinum - Has Cresselia instead of Roserade in rematch.
    Iris in Black 2 and White 2 - Has Latias in Black 2 and Latios in White 2. Replaces Archeops in rematch.
    Alder in Black and White - Has Cobalion instead of Escavalier and Landorus instead of Accelgor.
    Dragon user - can counter Steel with Fire attacks and counter Fairy with Poison and Steel attacks.

Currently playing Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Waiting for Sun and Moon to come out.

Currently own: All gen 4, 5 and 6 main series games.

Obtained shiny Latias on the 14/4/2016

I have Asperger Syndrome which makes it hard to socialize, make friends, date and communicate.

My apologies to the users and mods of Serebii for my unprofessional posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Or just make an ability called Corrosive that affects all of the Pokemon's Poison type moves.
    Or this but it wouldnt so much buff Poison types as just result in (possibly) one really good one. Think Scizor or Volcarona. A move on the other hand, like a reverse Mud Sport could be a very pivotal change.
    I currently have a spare UK Darkrai code if anyone is willing to trade it for a Mew code/ingame. PM me

Random move that has been going around my head for a few days.

Empty Hand
    Description: The user focuses using martial art techniques. Make the next physical move Fighting-type and boosts its power some.
    Effect: Makes the next physical move used by the Pokémon change to Fighting-type and get a 20% power bonus.

Not really sure of it's applications, just wanted to post it. Could also be done as an ability, just a Fighting equivalent to Pixilare or Aerilate.

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousHeartless View Post
    Random move that has been going around my head for a few days.

Empty Hand
    Description: The user focuses using martial art techniques. Make the next physical move Fighting-type and boosts its power some.
    Effect: Makes the next physical move used by the Pokémon change to Fighting-type and get a 20% power bonus.

Not really sure of it's applications, just wanted to post it. Could also be done as an ability, just a Fighting equivalent to Pixilare or Aerilate.
    the name of it makes it sound like a Fighting type version of Acrobatics, though to be honest I don't see many or really any, useful applications of this, particularly as the opponent can just switch a Ghost type pokemon in to avoid any damage at all.
    I currently have a spare UK Darkrai code if anyone is willing to trade it for a Mew code/ingame. PM me

New abilities for The mascot Pokemon of Sun and Moon at least until their official abilities are released.

Daybreak
    "Changes time to Morning time when the Pokemon enters the battle"

Nightfall
    "Changes time to Night time when the Pokemon enters the battle"

Details:

Similar to how Drought and Drizzle work these two abilities work the same way. When the Pokemon with these abilities leave the battle the time of day reverts to what it was originally.
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 16th May 2016 at 12:06 AM.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    New abilities for The mascot Pokemon of Sun and Moon at least until their official abilities are released.

Daybreak
    "Changes time to Morning time when the Pokemon enters the battle"

Nightfall
    "Changes time to Night time when the Pokemon enters the battle"

Details:

Similar to how Drought and Drizzle work these two abilities work the same way. When the Pokemon with these abilities leave the battle the time of day reverts to what it was originally.
    interesting idea, but forgive me for sounding like a critic but it just sounds purely aesthetic to me doesn't really sound like it would have some kind of benefit to the Pokémon with these abilities to me anyway just my opinion
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

Quote Originally Posted by pokedigijedi View Post
    interesting idea, but forgive me for sounding like a critic but it just sounds purely aesthetic to me doesn't really sound like it would have some kind of benefit to the Pokémon with these abilities to me anyway just my opinion
    That could work if the mascots had a signature move that's more powerful when it's day/night.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by pokedigijedi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    That could work if the mascots had a signature move that's more powerful when it's day/night.
    This^

Also Dusk balls would always work better on the Pokemon Moon mascot.....yeah not much of a selling point.

Perhaps some kind of feature out of battle where if you have the Sun mascot in the front of the Party it will always be Morning? the same but Night for the Moon Mascot too?

FC: 4699-6505-4258

Use of Night and Day would be irrelevant if they aren't made into proper in-game area effects, like weathers or terrains.

Quote Originally Posted by storm12 View Post
    the name of it makes it sound like a Fighting type version of Acrobatics, though to be honest I don't see many or really any, useful applications of this, particularly as the opponent can just switch a Ghost type pokemon in to avoid any damage at all.
    Scrappy lol.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..

Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander18 View Post
    Champion team changes:
    Steven in ORAS - Has Registeel instead of Claydol for first battle and rematch.
    Lance in HGSS - Has Latias in Soulsilver while having Latios in Heartgold. Rematch only.
    Diantha in XY - Has the other two legendary birds that you can't get in game due to the choice of starter. Replaces Tyrantrum and Gourgeist.
    Cynthia in Platinum - Has Cresselia instead of Roserade in rematch.
    Iris in Black 2 and White 2 - Has Latias in Black 2 and Latios in White 2. Replaces Archeops in rematch.
    Alder in Black and White - Has Cobalion instead of Escavalier and Landorus instead of Accelgor.
    I personally don't like this idea one bit. It would take away from the fact that you catching a legendary makes you feel unique ingame, because nobody else has one. It's like a neat little reward/goal for a trainer to have, and it would kinda make me less ecstatic to go out and catch them if the champions/other characters were to have them.

Also here's an idea:

Ability: Hazard Pay

Effect: Upon entering battle, a Pokemon with this ability removes any/all hazards from your side of the field and is unaffected by them.

Pokemon that receive said ability:

Bergmite/Avalugg, Sandshrew/Sandslash, Donphan/Phanpy, Pineco/Forretress
    Last edited by Erron Black; 16th May 2016 at 12:03 PM.

Shiny Badge Quest (3/8) Alpha Sapphire Team:

Hunting:
    ---

"Vengeance has consumed you. It's consuming them. I'm done letting it consume me."
    - Black Panther

Quote Originally Posted by Erron Black View Post
    I personally don't like this idea one bit. It would take away from the fact that you catching a legendary makes you feel unique in-game, because nobody else has one. It's like a neat little reward/goal for a trainer to have, and it would kinda make me less ecstatic to go out and catch them if the champions/other characters were to have them.
    http://serebii.net/black2white2/pwtdownload.shtml#4

Ugh.

And ignoring that, many post-game bosses traditionally have legendaries.

Besides, legendaries listed are the weaker ones.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..

Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    http://serebii.net/black2white2/pwtdownload.shtml#4

Ugh.

And ignoring that, many post-game bosses traditionally have legendaries.

Besides, legendaries listed are the weaker ones.
    That's the PWT... under the Legendary Battles...

Of course there's going to be flippin' legendaries, what'd you expect there to be, Dunsparces?

What I'm saying is, I don't want to see key characters/main characters USE legendaries where they don't need to/wouldn't make sense. It made sense with N using Zekrom/Reshiram because of the whole clash between ideals/truths and the storyline. I'm fine there.

Hunting:
    ---

"Vengeance has consumed you. It's consuming them. I'm done letting it consume me."
    - Black Panther

Quote Originally Posted by Erron Black View Post
    I personally don't like this idea one bit. It would take away from the fact that you catching a legendary makes you feel unique ingame, because nobody else has one. It's like a neat little reward/goal for a trainer to have, and it would kinda make me less ecstatic to go out and catch them if the champions/other characters were to have them.
    Brandon, N, and others have legendary pokemon. There is nothing stopping others from having legendary pokemon and I would love to battle another trainer who has legendary pokemon for exp points that is not in secret base. Champions with legendary pokemon would make them more challenging for me.

Anyway, I like to see Day Ball - catches pokemon easier during the day. Basically the opposite of Dusk Ball. Draco Ball - Catches Dragon type pokemon with easier. Tough Ball - catches pokemon with low catch rate like Beldum easier.
    Last edited by Alexander18; 16th May 2016 at 10:36 PM.
    Dragon user - can counter Steel with Fire attacks and counter Fairy with Poison and Steel attacks.

Currently playing Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Waiting for Sun and Moon to come out.

I have Asperger Syndrome which makes it hard to socialize, make friends, date and communicate.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander18 View Post
    Brandon, N, and others have legendary pokemon. There is nothing stopping others from having legendary pokemon and I would love to battle another trainer who has legendary pokemon for exp points that is not in secret base. Champions with legendary pokemon would make them more challenging for me.

Anyway, I like to see Day Ball - catches pokemon easier during the day. Basically the opposite of Dusk Ball. Draco Ball - Catches Dragon type pokemon with easier. Tough Ball - catches pokemon with low catch rate like Beldum easier.
    Well I guess that's based on Opinion. Brandon? Do you mean Brendan? Also, I am perfectly fine with N having Zek/Reshi. It makes sense via the story. Legendaries are supposed to be well... Legends, they're there for you to discover and catch yourself. It'd feel weird for me to battle Steven the very first time and bam, he has Registeel. Just something that would bug me.

I like that Day Ball idea, but that doesn't sound catchy. Maybe Dawn Ball? Then we'd have Dawn Stone/Ball and Dusk Stone/Ball.

I like the idea of the types having their own Poke Balls that increase their catch rate. Also would be nice for breeders who like matching Poke Balls.(Like me)

Hunting:
    ---

- Black Panther

Decided to make Mega Hitmons.

Mega Hitmonchan
    The Punching Pokemon
    Type: Fighting/Normal
    Ability: Champion's Punch
    Ability Description: The user has totally mastered punching moves, allowing them to take on the properties of their punches. Whenever the Pokemon uses a punching move, its secondary type becomes the same as the move's type. If it is a Fighting-type move, it loses its secondary type.
    Mega Evolves from Hitmonchan with Hitmonite.
    4'11"
    120.3 lbs
    Description: A taller Hitmonchan. His skirt-thing is a bit longer and he is wearing a gold champion's belt. His shoulder pads have grown, become the same color as his outfit, and have some small spikes on them. His gloves are bigger and also have spikes on each knuckle.

Base Stats:
    HP: 50 (+0)
    Attack: 135 (+30)
    Defense: 129 (+40)
    Special Attack: 35 (+0)
    Special Defense: 110 (+0)
    Speed: 106 (+30)
    Total: 555 (+100)

Mega Hitmonlee
    The Kicking Pokemon
    Type: Fighting/Dark
    Ability: Moxie
    Mega Evolves from Hitmonlee with Hitmonite
    5'2"
    119.4 lbs
    Description: His legs are a bit longer with a few extra segments. He wears a champion's belt like Hitmonchan. The yellow things on the sides of his heels have grown into an extra pair of nails. His feet are twice as big as they were. He has small horns.

Base Stats:
    Attack: 160 (+40)
    Defense: 83 (+30)
    Speed: 117 (+30)
    Total: 555 (+100)

Apparently the person Hitmonlee is based on, Tadashi Sawamura, was called the Demon of Kickboxing. Hene the Dark type and horns.

Mega Hitmontop
    The Handstand Pokemon
    Type: Fighting
    Ability: Intimidate
    Mega Evolves from Hitmontop with Hitmonite
    4'07"
    107.9 lbs
    Description: His tail has become larger and cudgel-like. His head frill has grown bigger and become blue with dots, like the circle on the Brazilian flag (Since Hitmontop represents capoiera, which is Brazillian). It has the same champion's belt as the other two, but does't wear it. Instead he swings it in front of him, to go with his legs and tail giving coverage on the sides and behind him.

Base Stats:
    Attack: 140 (+35)
    Defense: 140 (+35)
    Speed: 100 (+30)

Kanto re-remakes: Blaze Red and Aqua Blue
    Pokedex expanded with pokemon from other regions.
    Mega evolution include in the story. Keystone and mega stone for starter is given to you by Mr Fuji.
    Lorelai will have Mega Lapras, Agatha will have Mega Gengar, Bruno will have Mega Machamp and Lance has Mega Charizard X for rematches at the league,
    Legendary pokemon: Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-oh, Raikou, Entei, Suicune and Deoxys.
    Cameo appearances from Zinnia, Steven and Looker.

Gym leader teams: Brock has Geodude and Onix. Misty has Goldeen and Starmie. Lt Surge has Voltorb, Magnemite and Raichu. Erika has Tangela, Bellossom, Victreebel and Vileplume. Koga has Venomoth, Crobat, Muk and Weezing. Sabrina has Hypno, Mr Mime, Espeon and Alakazam. Blaine has Flareon, Rapidash, Arcanine, Ninetales and Magmar. Giovanni has Dugtrio, Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Sandslash and Rhyperior.

Elite Four teams: Lorelai uses Dewgong, Cloyster, Glaceon, Jynx and Lapras. Bruno uses Hitmontop, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Primeape and Machamp. Agatha has Mismagius, Sableye, Dusknoir, Jellicent and Gengar. Lance has Kingdra, Flygon, Druddigon, Charizard and Dragonite. Rival has same pokemon but his starter can mega evolve.
    Last edited by Alexander18; 20th May 2016 at 2:22 AM.

Default A discussion of the new machanism I'd like to see in the futre

From Gen1 to Gen6, every generation has been adding new mechanisms that completely changes the META as well as the competitive games themselves.
    In Gen2, “special” was split into “Sp.Attack” and “Sp.Defense” which balanced pokemons with high special stats, also it allowed pokemons to carry items, which we all know how it ends up. Gen3 added abilities and natures for each pokemons, as well as introduced new standards of EV training, allowed players to “customize” their pokemons for competitive play. Gen4 did the physical/special split that completely changed the meta, also the introduction of focus slash, stealth rock and choice scarf completely changed the way some pokemon are played. Gen5 brought hidden abilities to the game, injected the competitive play with some fresh blood. Needless to say, with mega and the change of everlasting weather, Gen6 found its balance between swappings and solid tactics. Now with the release of Gen7 is just at the corner, it is exciting to see what new mechanism that would be brought to the game.

I wouldn’t say that I’m a Pokemon master, but I would say that I am pretty familiar with current battle system. Thus there are mechanisms that I personally would like to see in the future(since the gameplay video has came out, I guess we wouldn’t have it in Gen7.)
    Have anyone wondered that why Ashe uses low power moves so often? Perhaps because low power moves performs quicker. It does make some sense that if a move is more powerful, it would takes longer to charge, therefore the pokemon which performs a stronger attack may get attacked by its opponent who performs a weaker but also quicker attack. Also, when the pokemon is trying to aim, it would take time, so if a move is not very accurate, the reason may be that whoever using it isn’t spending enough time aiming.
    So given the condition that these are all priority 0 moves, there could be a way to show the difference of this fact.
    So here comes the “tactic bar”, which located right under the HP Bar, and it is invisible to the opponent.
    Let’s use this picture as an example, I know this was suppose to be exp. bar, let’s just pretend it is tactic bar. This is a bar which there is a red line in the middle, this is the base line of a pokemon, I’ll explain how it works in a few moment. For the first turn, after the trainer give the order to attack, let’s say, we decide to use fire blast, as you can see there is a green line sitting at the very end of the bar, so when the turn starts, the arrow which pointing to the left will move towards left, the speed of this movement depends on the pokemon’s speed. If the opponent is faster or using a weaker move, their arrow would reach the line faster than yours does, so they would move first, and perform an attack. For the argument sake let’s say our pokemon survived the attack, and returned the favor, now its the second turn. This time we decided to use ember, so a line purple line on the right side of the base line shows up after we gave the order. The arrow start moving from where it stopped last turn towards right, and you guess it, it performance ember after it reaches the purple bar. As the game goes on, the arrow will continue moving from side to side as long as the same pokemon remains in the field, what the player used last turn would also affect the pokemon’s performance next turn. Each attack moves have their own separate tactic values, but mostly depends on their power and accuracy.
    There are few conditions will reset the arrow to the base line:
    1: use an change move.
    2: switching pokemon, the new pokemon will start from the baseline.
    3: use a prioritized move, this will ignore the arrows current position, execute the move solely depends on the priority and the speed of the pokemon. Also after the attack, the arrow will be move back to base line.
    This mechanism measures pokemons’ tactic bar only based on the basic priority of the move, while having abilities that prioritize certain moves, even the move itself will still performed as prioritized move, but the arrow would still moves.
    The introduce of this tactic bar would increases the depth of the mind games, as well as giving a field for weak moves. Because what players do in the first turn would also affect their performance next turn, therefore decision making is much more critical each turn. Also because of the encouragement for weak moves, as well as the desalting of the importance of the speed, we could expect to see that pokemons are lasting longer on the field because the trainers are more likely to invest some EV into endurance. As the result, it would be amazing to see some surprise all in strong move attacks.
    We are probably not going to get this in the Gen7 games, but I'm still excited to see it in the future.
    I'm sorry that I couldn't get the IMG could to work, but I'm sure you can imagine.

Page 350 of 350 FirstFirst ... 250300340346347348349350