View Poll Results: ?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • ?

0 0%
  • ?

0 0%
Page 291 of 349 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292293294295301341 ... LastLast
Results 7,251 to 7,275 of 8710

Thread: Create/Rename/Change Anything and Everything!!!

Alright, can somebody think of a bunch of type weaknesses, resistances, and so on on that new "light" type? And also can anyone think of good moves for that type? I honestly doubt anyone can think of all that.

Unless someone can I don't think adding that new type is a good idea.

But there is one thing I don't understand. Why are dark types immune to psychic moves? Psychic is like magic, and last time I checked you can use magic to fight darkness. So I don't really see how that makes any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze The Movie Fan View Post
    Alright, can somebody think of a bunch of type weaknesses, resistances, and so on on that new "light" type? And also can anyone think of good moves for that type? I honestly doubt anyone can think of all that.

Unless someone can I don't think adding that new type is a good idea.
    Whether or not it is difficult for somebody to think of type weaknesses, resistances, moves, and Pokemon for a new type should only be considered if there is a reason to add a new type. The possible sheer difficulty of doing this means that making a new type isn't a good idea already. But there is no reason to add a new type now, which makes it even less of a good idea.

Many people, including you, understand this. And that's good.

Why add a new type? The fighting type is powerful this gen, but it isn't as overpowered as the psychic type was in gen 1, that was the only reason steel and dark types were made, and the only time new types should ever have been introduced.

I'm open to new types, but what is there to add? Would it be sound perhaps, or maybe a type based on some kind of mineral. I guess lava as a type could work out in the end, excluding any problems with existing pokemon such as Slugma.

3DS friendcode: 1805-2694-6050 (Use Rain for name)
    I have Tyrogue, Sawk, and Mienfoo

Super effective against: Ghost and rock (the reason being that many rock pokemon are cave-dwellers), maybe dark types for Darkrai's sake and since it's harder to be sneaky during the day time I guess..
    Immune/resistant: Fire and Electric since they would enhance the light, making it stronger.
    Resisted by: Grass since light along with water helps it grow. Steel, and maybe water since they can be used as a shelter from light. Ground because light doesn't reach underground. Dark.
    Weak against: Ghost
    It doesn't have to end there or make sense.
    As for attacks, the common move variations.
    Really it's not that hard.

But there is one thing I don't understand. Why are dark types immune to psychic moves? Psychic is like magic, and last time I checked you can use magic to fight darkness. So I don't really see how that makes any sense.
    This I agree with.
    Last edited by Poliwhirl'sMittens; 19th September 2012 at 4:40 AM.

I'd like to see a couple new types myself. A Light Type could be super effective against Dark, and also take super effective damage from Dark (we already have types that don't affect each other and types that are not very effective against each other so how about types that are super effective against each other).

I'd like to see Wind and Crystal types as well.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    I walk through the valley of the shadow of death

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    Wind is covered almost completely by the Flying type. It gets pretty obvious when you consider moves like Gust, Air Cutter and Hurricane. Oh, and Fan Rotom. Besides, there's not many concepts you can derive from 'Wind', which is already pretty abstract.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

A Light Type could be super effective against Dark
    Are-you-****ing-kidding-me.jpg
    The last 12 pages? Who cares.

(we already have types that don't affect each other and types that are not very effective against each other so how about types that are super effective against each other)
    Yes!
    I would simply make Ghost and Psy SE on each other though instead of adding an unnecessary type.
    Ghost is defensively the best after Steel anyways and Psy could use another advantage.

wind = Flying
    Crystals = Ice

I think that solves it, nya~

how does guardian type sound? they will have some moves that raise defense after attacking. and it is the opposite of fighting..no ..not really. super effective to dragon,fighting,dark,and ghost. weaknesses are fighting,psychic,and dragons. they wil be in the human-like egg group
    Last edited by Ferrin; 20th September 2012 at 10:09 AM.

I don't want a light type, but people NEED to keep shooting the light type down.

Your main argument is that dark is related to being evil or dirty fighting rather than the absence of light

However did you ever think a light type could be seen as good and pure with moves such as soft boiled and healing wish being retyped?

I certainly think it is phesable and certainly possible to implemented in later games

Spoiler:- Friend Code(s)/Trade Shop/Credit:

Quote Originally Posted by 36squid View Post
    I don't want a light type, but people NEED to keep shooting the light type down.

Your main argument is that dark is related to being evil or dirty fighting rather than the absence of light

However did you ever think a light type could be seen as good and pure with moves such as soft boiled and healing wish being retyped?

I certainly think it is phesable and certainly possible to implemented in later games
    So itd be called the Good type and then mistranslated into the Light type outside Japan? :X

Still doesnt make sense tho. The Dark type plays dishonestly and unfair, the opposite is simply playing fair and with a proper skill or elemental advantage, like well most of the rest of the types.
    And the extra "darkness" attribute it shares with Ghost, well... Fire, Electric, Psychic, Grass, Steel... all use light as merely a decorative extra effect. Its not some unique separate element, and neither does it have potential to cause serious harm on its own unless you push it for the sake of it. Lots of things involve light.

I really don't think we need any more types, things are just fine as they are.
    If they had to add a new one, I think Light would be okay. Wind it too much like Flying.
    Wind moves would just be like flying moves e.g hurricane, gust, air cutter)
    Last edited by TherianForm; 20th September 2012 at 1:01 PM.

Fc: 3695-0172-1881

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by TherianForm View Post
    I really don't think we need any more types, things are just fine as they are.
    If they had to add a new one, I think Light would be okay. Wind it too much like Flying.
    Wind moves would just be like flying moves e.g hurricane, gust, air cutter)
    Not really. Thats just as pointless as Light.

And actually there is way more "wind"-based moves than merely the Flying ones.
    Bug - Silver Wind
    Dragon - Twister
    Normal - Razor Wind, Whirlwind
    Grass - Leaf Tornado, Leaf Storm
    Fire - Fire Spin
    Ice - Icy Wind
    Ghost - Ominous Wind
    Or even more if you count Mist, Haze, Whirlpool..

Just like light, wind is more of an extra effect than a standalone. Only when its not whirling something else around, does a wind move become Flying type..or Normal.
    Light is even more general and pointless, so the above list for it would be even bigger, from all the Fire and Electric moves, to the shiny Steel and Ice moves, or even just random ones like Tail Glow and Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitja View Post
    Not really. Thats just as pointless as Light.

And actually there is way more "wind"-based moves than merely the Flying ones.
    Bug - Silver Wind
    Dragon - Twister
    Normal - Razor Wind, Whirlwind
    Grass - Leaf Tornado, Leaf Storm
    Fire - Fire Spin
    Ice - Icy Wind
    Ghost - Ominous Wind
    Or even more if you count Mist, Haze, Whirlpool..

Just like light, wind is more of an extra effect than a standalone. Only when its not whirling something else around, does a wind move become Flying type..or Normal.
    Light is even more general and pointless, so the above list for it would be even bigger, from all the Fire and Electric moves, to the shiny Steel and Ice moves, or even just random ones like Tail Glow and Flash.
    The Light type is less pointless than the Wind-type, I'll have to give pro-Light type people that. Same with the Crystal type. At least the Light type could have moves that involves beams and pillars of light that couldn't otherwise be categorized as any other type, and the Crystal type could have moves that involve actual crystals rather than rocks.

There is no way the Light type would be called the "Good" type in Japanese. Dark is only "evil" because it doesn't involve actual darkness much, and if Light is "good", then its moves wouldn't involve actual light so much as involve goodness. But the Light type that everyone is asking for has moves that do involve actual light, not "good".

The question that neither the Crystal nor Light types answer is why they should be added in the first place; there is no practical reason to. And until there is, there will not be any new types.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitja View Post
    So itd be called the Good type and then mistranslated into the Light type outside Japan? :X

Still doesnt make sense tho. The Dark type plays dishonestly and unfair, the opposite is simply playing fair and with a proper skill or elemental advantage, like well most of the rest of the types.
    And the extra "darkness" attribute it shares with Ghost, well... Fire, Electric, Psychic, Grass, Steel... all use light as merely a decorative extra effect. Its not some unique separate element, and neither does it have potential to cause serious harm on its own unless you push it for the sake of it. Lots of things involve light.
    Yeah the examples I listed don't harm... I think it could just be a very subordinate type. Also, while other types and moves may have elements of light in them, there are also moves and types with elements of dark in them. When you say it shares 'light' with all those types you are talking about physical light, which as a lot of people are saying, is actually irrelevant to the type (physical darkness and the dark type). Im not saying it's a fantastic type, I'm just saying it works, just the same as the dark type does

I still don't see why people want Light as a counterpart to the Dark type when the Dark type already has a counterpart in the Fighting type.

You know, playing dirty and being evil vs. discipline and fighting honourably?

Then again, I don't know why people want any new types at all given that we only ever got Dark and Steel to counter the OP Psychic type.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    I still don't see why people want Light as a counterpart to the Dark type when the Dark type already has a counterpart in the Fighting type.

You know, playing dirty and being evil vs. discipline and fighting honourably?

Then again, I don't know why people want any new types at all given that we only ever got Dark and Steel to counter the OP Psychic type.
    Light doesn't necessarily have to counter the dark type, I know I've been comparing to the dark type and being good but if game freak went for a more 'physical light' approach I think it would counter the ghost type...

The first four Gym Leaders have 3 Pokémon
    Those Gym leaders aren't very challenging and basic type match-ups will be your best option.
    All pokémon have Oran Berries.
    Gym Leader I: Draco, Dragon, Meteor Badge
    10-11-12
    Gym Leader II: Florence, Grass, Petal badge
    13-14-15
    Gym Leader III: Gabriel, Ground, Broken Badge
    16-17-18
    Gym Leader IV: Bruna, Fire, Charred Badge
    22-23-24

The last Gym leaders have 4 Pokémon
    They are significantly more challenging than the previous Gym Leaders and their Pokémon have at least one type coverage move.
    The first 3 Pokémon have Sitrus Berries and the final Pokémon gets a different item.
    Gym Leader V: Helena, Electric, Shimmer Badge
    29-30-31-32
    Gym Leader VI: Eva, Poison, Thorn Badge
    33-34-35-36
    Gym Leader VII: Paula, Psychic, Control Badge
    39-40-41-42
    Gym Leader VIII: Ariel, Water, Scale Badge
    47-48-49-50

The Elite 4 members have 5 Pokémon
    Their Pokémon have at least two type coverage moves and different held items.
    Elite 4 Member I: Antero, Bug
    51-52-53-54-55
    Elite 4 Member II: Felix, Flying
    52-53-54-55-56
    Elite 4 Member III: Stratos, Rock
    54-55-56-57-58
    Elite 4 Member IV: Orion, Steel
    57-58-59-60-61

The Star Champion has a full team.
    The Star Champion's entire team have a STAB move, two type coverage moves and a support move.
    They have different items.
    His main Pokémon is a pseudo legendary Pokémon.
    Star Champion AJ (No specific type)
    61-62-63-64-65-66
    Last edited by Star Champion AJ; 20th September 2012 at 11:19 PM.
    I claim Flygon, the super awesome Dragon

Elite 4 Members.

NOTE: This corresponds with my previous post.

Ice: 3rd member of the (new) Hoenn league

Specialty: Ice

Appearance: ever played Pokemon Ranger Shadows of Almia? Then you should know who he is.

Quotes:
    Before battle (not you): So you'll challenge me huh. Ok then, come at me!

After battle (not you): ... This is a little saddening... I thought trainers who came here should be strong enough to at least take one of my pokemon out...

Before battle (you): *player*! You made it! It took you long enough! The first time I met you in Perlian City, I knew you would end up here if you got two badges then! But, this is a battle! I will not hold back! Will you be able to penetrate my Icy Defensive Walls?

After first non KO hit: you maged to withstand, great job my pokemon!

After lat pokemon has been sent out: So it's all up to you know... Don't fail me!

Less han half HP: So this is how it'll end huh.

When defeated: ........ *player*... You winning against me means you have gone over halfway through the league...

When victorious: *player*! Is this really the best you can do!?

After defeat: Go on to the next room! The final member of the Elite Four awaits you!

Afterword: Hey *player*, today has been really busy, first that girl you just talked with, and then that friend of yours, and now you too! She already went on to the next room, won't you follow her?

Pokemon:

Abomasnow
    Level 60
    Snow Warning
    Snow Storm
    Leaf Storm
    EarthQuake
    Toxic

NOTE: If you remember my post about Snow Warning also bringing Snowy Weather, you should know how impossible this battle will be. This is because the Snowy Weather doubles the Defense and Speed of Ice type pokemon.
    Also, this guy has EV trained his pokemon perfectly in their defensive stats.
    And if you remember, Snow Storm switches like U-Turn and Volt Switch.

Glalie
    Level 57
    Ice Body
    Dark Pulse
    Blizzard
    Flash Cannon
    Double Team

NOTE: Double Team can get immensely annoying really fast, along with this thing healing itself with Ice Body.

Froslass
    Level 57
    Snow Cloak
    Shadow Ball
    Blizzard
    Signal Beam
    Double Team

NOTE: Snow Cloak is just horrible when you go up against this, coupled with Double Team is just annoying.

Beartic
    Level 58
    Snow Cloak
    Dive
    Stone Edge
    Brick Break
    Icicle Crash

NOTE: more offensively oriented than the previous three, Dive should be easy to cpunter.

Walrein
    Level 58
    Ice Body
    EarthQuake
    Surf
    Blizzard
    Curse

NOTE: Like Beartic not really defensive.

Mamoswine
    Level 56
    Thick Fat
    AncientPower
    Earthquake
    Ice Shard
    Peck

NOTE: the only one who doean't benefit from Hail, of course still benefits from Snow.

As you can see, this is really all based on weather, you take the weather away, you just have to deal with your aerage high power E4 member.

Winona: 4th member of the (new) Hoenn League.

Specialty: Flying

Appearance: she appears to be wearing a cloudy, cottony dress resembling an Altaria, she wears a at which looks like a Swablu sleeping on top of her head.

Quotes:
    After battle (not you): dissapointing... Sorry but you lost... Maybe if you were more graceful you could have won...

Before battle (you): Are you another challenger? That girl over there... She just lost... Make sure it wasn't an ungraceful battle like that one OK?

First non KO hit:That you were graceful and speedy enough to pull that of, that means something.

After last pokemon has been sent out: .....

Less than half HP: we might lose this...

When defeated: ... You speed is inmeasurable.

When victorious: ... My grace proved victorious.

After defeat: You have won against me! This means that you can now battle the final obstacle, the Champion! With the Power, Defense, Tricks, Grace and Speed you picked up while battling us, you are surely ready to battle the Champion!

Afterword: You are not gone yet? You can face the Champion! Show your talent! Don't be afraid! You can win!

Pokemon:

Tropius
    Level 61
    Harvest
    Air Slash
    Leaf Tornado
    Dragon Pulse
    Silver Wind

Skarmory
    Level 60
    Keen Eye
    Steel Wing
    EarthQuake
    Spikes
    Aerial Ace

Pelliper
    Level 60
    Keen Eye
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Air Slash
    Shock Wave

Xatu
    Level 59
    Magic Bounce
    Calm Mind
    Stored Power
    Shadow Ball
    Air Cutter

Masquerain
    Level 62
    Intimidate
    Ice Beam
    Water Pulse
    Air Slash
    Bug Buzz

Altaria
    Level 63
    Natural Cure
    Flamethrower
    Dragon Dance
    Cotton Guard
    Dragon Pulse
    Last edited by dirkac; 29th September 2012 at 3:06 AM.

Creating a move here

Name: Ice spray
    Power:50
    Accuracy:100
    Learned by: only Glalie at level 52 and Glaceon at level 50.

The Pokemon sends a spray of crystallized ice at the Pokemon, inflicting damage.

Sig under construction

Villain:

Name: Murdoc

Biography: Pursued and tried to kill Angus MacGyver for years, he is a member of the Homicide International Trust and a Pokemon Trainer. He however, trains his Pokemon to kill others.

Pokemon:
    Charizard
    Feraligatr
    Rhyperoir
    Nidoking
    Scizor
    Ursaring

Beware of Murdoc. Consult MacGyver before you run into him.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    I walk through the valley of the shadow of death

Quote Originally Posted by pikadon92 View Post
    Move for Heatmor: Flametongue
    Type: Fire
    Cat: Special, On-Contact
    Power: 75
    Acc: 100
    PP:10
    Target: One Pokemon adjacent to user.
    Effect: User recovers half the HP damage it inflicts.

Any pokemon that knows lick and can generally learn fire moves can receive this attack through breeding.
    That's a really creative move. Although, I would make it physical rather than special. I realize Heatmor's special attack is higher, though. Plus, think of all the Field Egg Group Pokemon that would get a hold of this move and benefit greatly from it (especially physically inclined ones). And not to make the move overpowered, but I would also suggest a 10% chance to burn.

New PokeBalls:

BW Ball: Has a 4x chance of capture against Pokemon in the Black or White Color Groups.
    appearance: Simple black on top, white on bottom hemispheres. Vivid light blue equatorial.

Grey Ball: Has a 2.5x chance of capture against Pokemon in the Grey Color Group.
    appearance: Solid Metal grey on both hemispheres, same vivid light blue originating pole to pole, with 8 lines of longitude.

I'm actually amazed they did not add anymore Poke Ball designs or opening sequences this gen. We had little stamp animations last generation, and that's always a nice touch for creativity.

I'd also recommend some move set additions...

Scolipede; Wild Charge, (either) Hone Claws or Coil, some way of getting U-Turn, Heavy Slam/Iron Head (it seems weird that it cannot get either), and HEAD SMASH! This thing is dying to wreck UU competitive play and any recoil move it can get it's hands on to put it in Swarm activation range, it needs. Also, centipedes are quite adapt at turning around quickly and running. I don't know if this was intentional, but come on! Of all the bugs to not get U-Turn... :/
    3DS Friend Code: 5343-7935-6882
    Pokémon X Friend Safari: Oddish, Sawsbuck, Gogoat

Default Dual-Type Pokemon Moves

Wouldn't it be easier to deliver a 4x damaging move Just by selecting it in battle? if the two moves are effective against a dual-type pokemon, it would bring up a 8x damaging move! It would bring Pokemon gaming to an entirely new level.

But, lets see why nintendo might choose not to do this, With it the game would be broken. Unless there were only a few Dual-type moves for certain pokemon. with Gen 5 Introducing Combo moves, I think this would be a great chance to try out Dual-Type moves sets and give Pokemon a chance to regain some lost fans.

Discuss how this might effect the game, or if this would even work, and whether you like this idea or not.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

This is NOT a good idea. Otherwise,Gamefreak would have done that by now.

This would be unfair Pokemon with a 4x weakness such as Abomasnow-The lowest powerful fire+rock move would destroy it.

This is just too over overpowered and can provide no fun in battling whatsoever.

Page 291 of 349 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292293294295301341 ... LastLast