View Poll Results: Wich studio you entrust the future Pokemon live action movie?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Warner Brothers

6 28.57%
  • Legendary Pictures

1 4.76%
  • Sony Pictures

1 4.76%
  • I don't know

13 61.90%

Thread: Which studio you entrust the future Pokemon live action Movie?

Default Which studio you entrust the future Pokemon live action Movie?

As you know - are now three large companies are fighting for the right to be adapted to the big screen with live actors of our beloved franchise. And this - Warner Brothers, Legendary Pictures and Sony Pictures. Which studio you entrust the future Pokemon live action movie?
    Legendary - they already have big monsters (Godzilla, King Kong e.t.c). Not!
    Sony - Not too! They and Nintendo rivals! After all - they make movies about Sonic the Hedgehog and Angry Birds, and ruined Ghostbusters and Spider-Man, twice.
    Warner Brothers - Yes! After all - they released in rest of the world first movies. And i hope they make cool soundtrack like in first 2 movies.
    I am for Warner!

i'm with warner too, and secondly, legendary pictures.

But I'm afraid how it will turn. If they make for children, it will became ridiculous. They should produce something likethe fan made apokelipse with Red as protagonist.
    Or a Pokemon series with each season focusing on every generation.

Not Sony, anything but Sony....... they'll ruin it like they ruined the Amazing Spider-Man franchise
    Every other cast member > Clemont/Bonnie

I believe Legendary would be the best option. They have done great with other movies, while I think that Warner Bros hasn't done so well. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Batman franchise.
    Shiny hunter, Pokemon theorist, indie game player, and future Pokemon YouTuber
    I am looking for a custom YouTube avatar! I will give credit to the creator in the description of every YouTube video I post using it. Same for a YouTube banner. Contact me if interested!

I roam the forests of the land, protecting all that is good, Nature and Pokémon alike
    Twitter @UmbreonRanger

None. A live-action Pokemon film is destined to flop IMO, no matter which studio produces it...

Legendary works with Universal, who I think is the best studio to handle live-action Pokemon movies - or rather, distribute while a newly-formed Nintendo division dedicated to film making produces them in-house. The adaptation of the G1 games should be directed by Ron Howard, who would also produce through Imagine Entertainment. I'd also like Steven Spielberg to produce through Amblin Entertainment.

Red should be played by Jared S. Gilmore, who plays Henry on Once Upon a Time. Professor Oak should be played by Steve Carell who has a long relationship with NBCUniversal.

The reason why I think Universal should do it is because NBCUniversal has had history with the Pokemon franchise. Universal was the previous US distributor for anime film 11, and has distributed some the recent anime films in Europe. NBC is the network that airs the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, which since 2001 has had a Pikachu float. Another reason why I think Universal is the one - their history of setting box office records. Read their Wikipedia article for more info.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    I walk through the valley of the shadow of death

Quote Originally Posted by Gillachu View Post
    None. A live-action Pokemon film is destined to flop IMO, no matter which studio produces it...
    I beg to differ. Pokemon is still highly regarded in modern society, especially in memes and social media. I could see it being a Hit given a proper plot, great action sequences, and stellar graphics. People still like Pokemon aside from us die hard fans.

Hmmm I guess Warner Brothers would be good given their track record. I just dunno if it's even worth the time and money given that it's not 1999 anymore. ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by Ne0n-H!tch'd View Post
    I beg to differ. Pokemon is still highly regarded in modern society, especially in memes and social media. I could see it being a Hit given a proper plot, great action sequences, and stellar graphics. People still like Pokemon aside from us die hard fans.
    The franchise is still way past its prime, though.

Don't think any studio could handle the job, it is a bit awkward trying to put cartoony creatures in a live-action setting (not sure whether going the route used by Space Jam and Roger Rabbit would work here) and one bad movie could easily ruin the reputation of the Pokémon series.
    Last edited by Tsukuyomi56; 3rd May 2016 at 5:48 AM.

Credit to Brutaka for the awesome banner!
    I have claimed Drapion and Fiora from Xenoblade Chronicles.

I honestly don't trust anyone.

We don't need a live action film, especially one where the characters will all likely be whitewashed to holy hell.
    CLICK IMAGE FOR QR CODE!

Please leave feedback on my gyms via PM, if you'd like. I want to make sure people are truly enjoying them.

None. Funnily enough I always imagined a live action movie when I was younger, but now, even with the technology we have.... I don't think I really want it to come true :c
    It just would feel... odd *^*
    Created by Archangel Armada

Anyone mentioned Disney yet?

edit: oops so it's just out of those three possible candidates.
    Last edited by Serene Havoc; 7th May 2016 at 2:12 AM.
    My 3DS Friend code: 3196 - 6799 - 6143
    Hoping to make lots of friends!

Quote Originally Posted by Serene Havoc View Post
    Anyone mentioned Disney yet?

edit: oops so it's just out of those three possible candidates.
    I suspect that Disney would ruin the movie though at least it would receive decent promo.

Which one is most likely to sit on the license without actually making the movie, because I choose them.

The correct answer is: None. If someone made a live action Pokémon movie it would likely be really bad much like the Super Mario Bros. movie.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJLeeTeam View Post
    The correct answer is: None. If someone made a live action Pokémon movie it would likely be really bad much like the Super Mario Bros. movie.
    Agreed. Besides the fact that video game movies have a REALLY bad reputation, live action Pokemon would be insanely difficult to do well. I think sticking with anime movies is best for it. Trying to show off a lot of the "normal" things in Pokemon just wouldn't look right in live action. It'd be bizarrely cartoony. Pokemon is best left to realms like anime and manga, where the absurd stuff looks natural and the epic stuff can really shine through.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

I just don't get it why you don't even want to give it a try?
    Why not see how they make it, it could be something awesome.

Are there any more new news about this live action film?
    New/old player here.
    After a long long time, playing Pokemon again.

My Friend Code: 4098-6117-3324. In game name: Tica.
    Pokemon in my Friend Safari: Nuzleaf-Cacturne-Inkay (Dark type)

Quote Originally Posted by Gillachu View Post
    This. Digimon would quite frankly pull it off better.

I also agree withTheJLeeTeam....
    Last edited by Kung Fu Ferret; 29th May 2016 at 7:31 PM.

I think Pokemon is better left as anime than live action. I don't see how a live action version would work to be honest.
    Dragon user - can counter Steel with Fire attacks and counter Fairy with Poison and Steel attacks.

Currently playing Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Waiting for Sun and Moon to come out.

Currently own: All gen 4, 5 and 6 main series games.

Considering Goodra released until confirmed otherwise.

Obtained shiny Latias on the 14/4/2016

I have Asperger Syndrome which makes it hard to socialize, make friends, date and communicate.

Currently the most hated person.

My apologies to the users and mods of Serebii for my unprofessional posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander18 View Post
    I don't see how a live action version would work to be honest.
    CGI. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvixer View Post
    I just don't get it why you don't even want to give it a try?
    Why not see how they make it, it could be something awesome.

Are there any more new news about this live action film?
    Sorry, but I don't have to take a bite of a turd sandwich to know it'll taste like crap. Live action video game adaptations (and video game adaptations kind of in general) already haven't exactly shown the best quality, so of course people will be hesitant. But there is a bigger problem with a Pokemon live action movie, which really lies in that CGI. While it can work for commercials, in an actual movie the cartoonish look of Pokemon wouldn't really work. And any attempts to make them look more realistic would just kind of take away their identity. So it is a choice between potential narm and potentially being alienating to fans.

I still can't understand why some people don't realize that we live in the year 2016.
    Pokemon has a beautiful story and wonderful characters, if the story can be told with another medium, why not do it?
    New/old player here.
    After a long long time, playing Pokemon again.

My Friend Code: 4098-6117-3324. In game name: Tica.
    Pokemon in my Friend Safari: Nuzleaf-Cacturne-Inkay (Dark type)

Quote Originally Posted by TheJLeeTeam View Post
    The Super Mario Bros movie was bad indeed, and Dragon Ball Evolution was terrible.

Honestly, my gut is telling me a live action Pokemon movie is a bad idea...
    Happy 20th Anniversary Pokemon!

My 3DS Friend Code: 1693 1038 1902

Warner, 110%, and that's probably just because they distributed the original in the West.
    Pokéballing since 2001