View Poll Results: Does the Lavender Town creep you out?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 10.00%
  • No

30 42.86%
  • Sometimes

8 11.43%
  • Late at night.

3 4.29%
  • In the dark

1 1.43%
  • Why would you even be scared

21 30.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does the Lavender Town creep you out?

Default Does the Lavender Town creep you out?

I'm talking about the original Red and Blue one. It doesn't creep me out at all.

It's never creeped me out, and after reading what the people who do find it creepy have to say, I'm guessing that's because I started playing Red a lot later than a lot of people, so I was older than a lot of its players were. All it was to me was an area made to hold the ghost pokémon that were in the game, because if you're going to have a ghost type, might as well make a stage to put them in. That and I knew that was where they were from other sources. Maybe people who weren't expecting to see the ghosts were frightened by them, but I had read guide books and heard of references to it from the show which made me aware right away that this was where the ghosts were. Pretty much seeing those unidentified ghosts that scared my pokémon was just a nuisance more than anything because I was hoping to catch one of them. Not much scary.

The closest thing to scary is the non-canon rumours, but that's only for the brief moment before I remember they're just made up to try to freak people out. And some of them don't even get that credit (Lavender Town syndrome? Really?).
    All fear the vampiric ghost skeletal uber mr. mime caterpie!

Thank you Megadio for the awesome banner.

I was always found it more sad than scary even as a child. I remember when I first entered Pokemon tower and had to fight all of the ghosts it was just about the most tragic thing in the world. I was actually really surprised that people were actually afraid when I started frequenting the internet. To me, it always was more sad and sobering than frightening.

Then again, I stopped believing in ghosts when I was 6... so take that as you will.

(PS it's less scary now because it's such a cheesy trope now. Creepypastas always use it because they think that by default a graveyard is going to be scary without realizing that being overused makes something automatically less scary.)
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Never, it's just a game for children, it can't be scary.

The only game I can remember for now that scared me just a little was Castlevia, of Nintendo 64.

No not at all.

2/3ds Friend code:0104-1468-6275 IGN:Marc

Friend safari; Doduo, Woobat, fletcheinder

Even back when I was little I didn't find it scary, going there was more sad, well at least until I spent a good hour or two trying to catch the ghost, then I was just frustrated at the place XD
    To lack fear is stupidity, to face it is bravery.

The ghost parts creeped me out but i was playing pokemon at 4 years old, the theme never creeped me out because i never played red/blue with the sound on throughout
    My hopes for the XY anime:
    • Ash to get mega Charizard Y
    • Serena to get a Noibat
    • Serena to use her Noibat to become a sky battle trainer

Pokemon: Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire pre-ordered, roll on November 2014

I thought the strange house in lentimas town in black 2 was the scariest of all the ghost pokemon lairs. Although it was more depressing with a sad vibe than really scary, but it is scarier by comparison.

Back then it didn't scare me, but now that I've read all these stories and such on it, it creeps me out a little. Mainly at night or in the dark just because I have an overactive imagination and I'm always thinking something's coming for me xD
    In-game name: Carl
    Friend Code: 3325-3523-8312
    Friend Safari: Fighting - Pancham / Mienfoo / Riolu

How am I supposed to expect the unexpected if expecting the unexpected turns the unexpected into the expected?

Since I am back to school, I have little to no time to visit the forums during the weekdays, but the weekends I am almost always available. I still accept breeding requests, but don't expect me to finish them quickly.

Never has. I see no reason to be scared.
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

No,never.Strange House is scarier with all the moving furniture.

It never has.
    I found the gen I Team Rocket Hideout music creepier when I was a kid.

Not at all. I almost don't see why people would be scared of it (the music is pretty much the only thing remotely creepy about it).

Old Chateau and Strange House are way creepier.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

The theme is unnerving, not quite scary.

I found lavander theme to be calm and relaxing...I still dont understand all this creppy stuff people talk about.
    Who said moe cant be Gar?

Fc Ixchen: 0559-7194-5664
    Poison safari : Muk Cascoon Venomoth
    Heard that the latitwin stones are tradeable now. If its true ill apreciate a pair to test this guys before they go mainstream. PM me if you can help.

I don't see why it spooked people. I mean, yes there were ghosts and the theme could be troubling to those who aren't accustomed to it, but, in all honesty, it's the superstition regarding Lavender Town that scares people, not the town itself. Well, that's what I think.
    Varanus on the General Chat Thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    You're not a kid anymore once you join this thread. 2 minutes here and all innocence you once had is lost.
    3DS FC:
    4940 - 6535 - 5488

Friend Safari: Fighting:
    Pancham, Machoke, Tyrogue.
    PM me if you add me.

Landever Town has to be one of my favorite things about the Pokemon ever. Its creepy for sure and the creepy pasta around it is wonderful.! It creates a nice chill up your spine but nothing legitimately scary.
    i'm great at making bad decisions
        Spoiler:- Claims:
    Click to view my DA

No. I find the music soothing.
    Dark Friend Safari with
    - -
    Friend Code: 0576 - 5970 - 2604

PM before you add me!

Maybe not to the level others would find it.

No, for the most part.
    Alpha Sapphire planned team (so far)

Claimed by me!

Mega Wishlist:

No, it never did. Even when I was a kid and played the originals, it didn't have any effect on me. I have never really liked the music there, but it isn't exactly unnerving or creepy to me. I find the whole "creepy/scary Lavender Town" to be a highly overrated concept in general.
    This is the future we made for ourselves
    But is it really the dream we wanted to live in?

The present has to be treated as precious
    Or we will regret it when it has become the past...

No, it's never creeped me out. It can get a bit unnerving in large doses, but that's about it. Now the Mt. Moon/Rock Tunnel theme, on the other hand, has always creeped me out.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

It's not creepy, it's just kind of weird. I never even thought people would think of it as creepy.. :/
    The Lavender Town music always caught my attention though.

Music is creepy, yeah, but long ago, it didn't matter to me. It wasn't until after I played when I read all the stories on it and all. I think the Old Chateau was creepier.
    H E L L O

I breed starter Pokemon constantly, so I always have a ton of them for trade! I have all released HA starter Pokemon as well, and IVs can be added. PM me if you need one!

FC: 4098-3996-8590
    IGN: G
    FS: Poison-Ariados, Gloom, Muk

HAs : and more.
    I'll breed any on request and can get some IVs on them as well.

Lavender Town freaked the crap out of me when I was a little kid. Not so much anymore.

Made by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design

No.

It never did for me even in Gen I but, then again, I am a huge horror buff so it was always my favorite town!

Saffron City on the other hand...
    Friend Code: 4597-0393-3118
    Pokémon in My Safari:
    PM me first before adding!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast