Thread: How long have you kept a Pokemon?

Default How long have you kept a Pokemon?

I wonder if anyone here has a Pokemon passed down from their very first game?
    (IF it is possible), say you had a Pikachu from Pokemon Blue, and you kept trading it to each new game that came out, and finally you still have that same Pokemon on your new OR/AS game.

So? How long have you kept a Pokemon?

I think I still have one from my Emerald game, but I cannot find it!! D: It was my shiny Manectric.
    Arcanine is known for its bravery and fierce loyalty.

Let's battle! PM me to exchange FCs!

Eh I "quit" Pokemon like every year so, so I don't have any surviving Pokemon from any of my older games. I did have a Swampert I transfered from Emerald to Diamond, then traded from Diamond to HG, and then transferred from HG to Black, but I think it ended there.

I still have my Jynx, Umbreon, and Sylveon from Pokémon X, which I've had for about a year. That's about it.

I really don't transfer pokemon between the generations. I like to start anew each time.
    LILYCOVE CITY GYM
    Please leave feedback on my gym via PM, if you'd like. I want to make sure people are truly enjoying it.

I've transferred several up from Sapphire... I think that's the further back you can get? It's a long process. xD

"Even if we take different paths, the truth we arrive at should be the same."
    ~~~
    FC: 1048 - 8845 - 0258
    ~ ~
    [719/719]

I have about 15 from my original Ruby version in Y and OR. they've been around for almost 10 years.
    FC: 2208-5493-1047

Wow, Cerrik! That's a long time
    Do you still battle with them?
    Arcanine is known for its bravery and fierce loyalty.

Let's battle! PM me to exchange FCs!

You can't have Pokémon from the first two generations in the new games. The oldest Pokémon are those from the original Ruby and Sapphire games. I have still have several of my original Sapphire Pokémon, including my starter, now on my Alpha Sapphire game.

I've passed down my Blaziken from Sapphire to Y, but that's it.

I still have my starter, now a Charizard, from FireRed, which was my first Gen 3 game. He's now on AlphaSapphire. I've also got a shiny Mewtwo thats now on AS from the same game, although a different save file.

I've still got all of my old games though, so could transfer the Pokemon on them up to the new games if I ever get the urge. In particular there's a Electrive on Pearl, that was caught as a Electabuzz in FireRed, that I'm keen on using again. Will also need my Palkia if I plan on catching Giratina at some point, and maybe some other Pokemon for dex purposes if I get close to completing it.
    ALPHA SAHPHIRE

At this point in time, the longest is around 3 years. My oldest I think is a Groudon from my original Ruby Version that I met in play-through during 2012. Its pretty nice to have him in Omega Ruby with the new form and all. Especially since he's the last remaining Pokemon I have from my original version of the game. The cartridge is currently a little unstable to play...(I've had it since the games were new, and it has seen a bit of damage...)
    Last edited by Emperor Empoleon; 12th January 2015 at 3:29 PM.

Ive transferred legendaries from sappphire, emerald, & Firered all the way to Black 2. Thats the farthest they've gone. I think its about time to retire them and let them run free in the digital grass.
    Only thing I'll keep from gen3 is my shiny Tentacool~
    ~Under Construction~

I've had my charizard Killer for over a decade. He's in my white game, need to bring him over one day.

He's my oldest, have boxes of pokemon from gen 3.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

I've claimed Beartic!

I still have my team from Sapphire transferred over to X. I kinda just want to transfer them to AS to come full circle after all these years : )
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

I lost my original Ruby game.

Between my younger brother and I, we own every Pokemon game that has ever been released.

I never restarted my Pokemon Blue game after I started it, and I've had it since I was 8 or 9, so I've still got all my Pokemon on there. If it is possible, I'd probably be able to transfer any of them to newer games.

I think the oldest Pokemon I still have is my Sceptile from Sapphire. I don't remember exactly when I started that file, but I've probably had him for 11-12 years. He's currently residing in my X version, and I want to transfer him over to Alpha Sapphire at some point. I had older Pokemon from Gens 1 and 2, but they're long gone now due to either restarting the file they were on, or the battery going dead.

SoulSilver BadgeQuest Progress:
    244 SRs | 6608 REs | 735 REs | 3093 SRs | 10711 SRs | Bug-Catching Contest - 300 REs

Y BadgeQuest Progress:
    3145 SRs | 7741 REs | 2468 REs | Route 8 - 2650 REs

Other hunts: Reshiram - 4450 SRs | Cresselia - 100 SRs

I was stupid as a little kid and I traded my Emerald version to one of my classmates way back and I don't have the Diamond version that I transferred a lot of my Pokémon to from Emerald so I don't have anything from back then.

The oldest Pokémon that I still have is a Dragonite named MYTH from my old Platinum version(which I also don't have anymore).
    In need of any non-English region female Ponyta. I can offer 5iv Mareep, 5iV Electrike, and HA Snivy. Please PM me if you're interested.
    The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion. ~Thomas Paine
    I've claimed you, Umbreon! The first Dark Pokémon!

I have some from Platinum / HG and SS
    FC: 2578-3180-7980

I still have all my main teams from my games since Sapphire. I've passed them on to each new gen to make sure I didn't lose them. My oldest Pokemon would have to be my Blaziken from Sapphire. Now I have a new Blaziken from AS, so things have come full circle! I'll always love and hold on to my originals, though.
    Alpha Sapphire Team:

Hoenn Pokédex: Caught 120/211
    Friend Code: 3497-2105-7478 (Scott)

I have my mystery mew event

One of my starters from Platinum is the oldest thing I have.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

I still have my Blastoise from FireRed when I first started playing the game nearly nine years ago, though I don't know exactly where it is right now. It could be in Diamond still, or I may have possibly moved it up to White.

EDIT: I also have a bunch of other Pokemon from FireRed, Colosseum, and XD: Gale of Darkness that I've got on Diamond, Soul Silver, White, and Y. Though I can't recall which ones came from any particular game.
    Last edited by Masked_Knight_Starfell; 18th January 2015 at 8:02 PM.

I have a Jolteon, Walrein, and Aggron that I've transferred all the way up from my first game, Pokemon XD.
    3DS Friend Code: 1864 - 8413 - 3256