Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What did you name yourself in Pokemon games?

Default What did you name yourself in Pokemon games?

I have always names myself Red or Yellow. I would like to know what you names yourself.
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the AMAZING banner!

ALSO! Check out this awesome website. We talk about video games and, well, pretty much video games! Check it out! http://gamer-hub.ml/

I have claimed Charmander, Chrono from Chrono Trigger, Chrono Trigger (NDS), and the Main Theme Song of Legend Of Zelda

Blaze, because that's exactly what my name is.
    I'm a huge Pokémon fan and also love movies.

I'm also a video maker on YouTube. If you wanna see my YouTube channel click here.

My names tend to be pretty random, such as Abijail and BreezeSky. The king of them all is the one I've been reusing from time to time, born from a bored keysmashing back in 2009: S Glyny.

GIFSoup
    Where's the cake?!?

I usually use my real name. I'm too uncreative to come up with any others.

I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

It used to be just my name, but now when new Pokemon games come out or I replay old ones, I name them after other video game characters. For example: I named Serena after Sheena Fujibayashi from Tales of Symphonia, and I named May in Omega Ruby Estelle, after Estellise Sidos Heurassein from Tales of Vesperia. Actually, I've named a lot of my pokemon MCs after Estelle. Hilda, Lyra, Rosa, May, Dawn... I guess Estelle's just really popular now.

I name myself after myself, I can't think up of any other names ;P Plus I want to feel like I'm in the game.
    Long Live the Ring of Fire

I named myself Psychic in Yellow, my first Pokemon game, and have mostly been calling myself that since. That was also the inspiration for my Serebii username, as you may have guessed.

~Psychic

Amazing art gift by the talented KCW! Check out his other art here!

Current One-Shots:
    Forgiveness
    Under Control

I generally use either Lost or my IRL name.

gift of eternity
    Tumblr

I used to use my real name but I didn't really liked it.
    Started going by Leaf, then Zelda, Raven, Kalyx, Kalex, Luna, Archealis and finally decided Armada even though once in a while when I delete a file I go by Leaf because its the name I like XP and pretty much the one I got used to when playing since Firered. I guess mostly because the protagonist was Leaf. >.<
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Made by Me

My trainer names vary a lot. I usually try to come up with a name that I like before starting a game, but sometimes I don't and then it will just be some random name. I don't use my real name since I don't like it, I used it twice in Gen 2 but then never again. Starting from Gen 4, I have used a different name in every game in order to make it easier to see which of my games a Pokemon originated from. Not going to list the names I used for Gen 1-3 because I don't remember all of them, and some of the ones I do remember are rather embarassing. But I can list the ones used on newer games. From Gen 4 and on, my trainer names while playing as the Male characters have been 16yl, Nathan, Fergus, Foxbert, Snacko, Gray and Law. For the Female characters, it has been Lina, Bon Bon, Tally, Xentih and Twilight.

Max, my real life name. Well, Maxwell actually but I can't stand that, most people call me Max anyways.
    "Let's look at it this way; think of how stupid the average person is... Then realize that half of them are even stupider than that!"
    ~George Carlin

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

I usually use a range of names, Zuzu (After ZuZunZyongZunZhang, My fish. Don't ask how I made up that name o.e) Chronus, Keladria, Silmiss, or sometimes my real name. Sometimes I feel weird and name it something random that comes to head.

I use what i call myself on the internet(everywhere but here),which is sixrig
    do the shuckle sweep
    white 2 champion/ white champion/second white 2 game champion/3rd white 2 champion/4th planned white 2 champion
    / /
    //

credit to froststorm

I give myself serveral names. Sometimes my real-life name or slightly based on it, sometimes something random. In X I'm Xandra, while in AS I'm Victoria.
    Claimed Scyther

PASBL explained
    Prologue and chapter one posted. Draft chapter two in production

Banner, Button and Profile Picture made by Astral Shadow. Thanks a lot ^^

In X I am Actaeon. I was on a Greek mythology kick, and since all I knew about when I got it was that the legendary was a deer thing (I was trying to figure out final typing for starters, and apart from that didn't care too much) I just figured that I'd name myself after that guy....so yeah. Usually just pick a random name with no meaning (and never my real name).
    Timezone: -8 GMT

Willing to help complete pokedexes for free(so long as the amount of pokemon is not deemed to be unreasonable)

First full pokedex (4th gen, 493/493) July 16, 2013.
    Second full pokedex (5th gen, 649/649) November 10, 2013

6th gen pokedex was easy....i just transferred everything with pokemon bank in under an hour, but no decent post game so I was bored enough to organize all my boxes by national dex number...still have over 3.5 million and nothing to spend it on, wish i could buy BP

Once pokemon bank came out i stranded myself at the pokemon league with only a lv1 shiny magikarp
        Spoiler:- Friend Safari:

Vivillon pattern is High Plains

Usually some variation of Loki (Lokie, Lothor, Ludor), or sometimes Silver when I'm playing a boy (due to the boy's 'white hair' in Sapphire). When I saw how much space was left over in AS, I decided a full name, Ludor Mace (which I've used for stories/RPGs), would be quite fun. It is hilarious to have your Pokémon world parents calling you by your full name.
    Blog: Problematic Paranormal Files | Twitter: @CleverKraken

LLAP

Starting in gen 4 I tend to follow a naming convention that is chosen at the start of a generation. The first one is at a whim the latter ones are decided according to that theme.
    Gen 4 was halo vehicles was really big into halo back then
    Gen 5 was based on the Periodic table of elements or more explicitly the Noble Gases
    gen 6 is based on Constellations used in modern astronomy
    You may notice there is little correlation in these...
    Dragons are my friend, Ice is my foe...
    (Kyurem is an exception) dragonics rule

-Let us hope for gen 6 to turn out well!

I just named myself "Ludo" (short version of my name) up until gen 3.... in gen 3 I experimented a lot XD I did a lot of different playthroughs and gave myself a different name each time.... the only ones I remember are May (which is the Ruby save file I still have to this day), Nessie ( my emerald game, I named her that because of the green outfit XDDDD) and.... I remember my name was Nina in one of my Fire Red playthroughs because of how hard I LOLed when an in-game trade gave me a Nidorina who had the exact same nickname as my Traiber XD

Then in Gen 4 I eventually calmed down and went back to either Ludo or Luann (fusion of my 2 names). In gen 5 I decided I'd stick with Ludo but now I'm leaning back towards Luann.... :P

Spoiler:- Credits:

For me, it is mix between the "official" name for a playable or rival character from Pokemon (such as Michael from Pokemon XD) and names from various characters from video games. The one exception is in Platinum in which my character is called Tayuya after the character from Naruto.

Credit to Brutaka for the awesome banner!
    I have claimed Drapion and Karis from Golden Sun: Dark Dawn.

Alex, as per my real name. Not because I'm uncreative, but because it's my pokemon adventure when I'm in it.

Click my Trainer Card to see my Shiny Pokémon List

My Personal Pokémon Website: Ace Trainer Alex Webpage
    Ace Trainers United Website: Ace Trainers United
    Ace Trainers United Facebook Group
    Pokémon X Version: Alex - 2535-4116-7272
    Friend Safari: Poison -

I use my real name for my Pokemon games, except Black 2, which I used my grandfather's name because the Memory Link feature uses the name you used in Black/White.

I just pick the short for my full name: Max. I really like this nickname, so I used it in every game I played.
    When I play as a girl in Nuzlockes, I always call myself Alice, because I think this name is simply beautiful. Since Nuzlockes aren't part of "my character's adventures", I pick the girl instead, and so change my name.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze The Movie Fan View Post
    Blaze, because that's exactly what my name is.
    Really ? That's a neat name, man!
    « New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings. » *

I will be completely absent from March 22nd to April 5th.

in black 2 I chose the name of my brother and in X my own name but I won't tell them

I once watched the first part of shofu's XY playthrough and when serena asked him how they must call him, he entered ''lord shofu'' lol

if you praise goomy and want helix to burn to hell put this in your sig (started by vanillite1)
    99.9% of everyone at SPPF have a sig. If you're part of the .1% that doesn't, put this in your- Ah, shoot!
    chansey sweep!
    F. E. A. R. this guy?
    my awesome sweep XD

credit to astral shadow
    click my pokemon

pokefarm Q profile
    I have claimed vanillish and pokemon battle trozei

In anything before X and Y, I had to use like random names. For a long time my name was actually △ in Heartgold; due to the crappy letter limit in anything before X and Y. I was so thankful for them extending the characters because I could finally name myself Danielle.

Aside from Platinum in which I used my real name for my character, I always name my characters random names that I like (Luke, Sammy, Tommy, etc.).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast