56. You may not vote on this poll
  • I watch Pokémon!

1 1.79%
  • I play Pokémon!

30 53.57%
  • I watch AND play Pokémon!

25 44.64%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you watch it, play it, or both!

Smile Do you watch it, play it, or both!

Do you...

• Only play Pokémon!
    • Only watch Pokémon!
    • Watch AND play Pokémon!

Discuss why!
    Last edited by Cazamal; 20th April 2015 at 3:44 AM. Reason: grammar

I watch and play. Pokemon Advance is actually playing the episodes that go with ORAS. It's a real treat to do booth
    1 million thanks to Varanus for this Shiny Card.

0963-1007-3370 Fc

I only watch Pokémon. I banned myself from playing the game because I ended spending to much time on it.

I had a level 52 Venasuar in pallet town. I sucked at the game, but I was hooked, man.

“The blues was bleeding the same blood as me.” - BB King

† You are a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you're Buddhist.†

I just play it, and now a days only the main series games. Used to watch the anime as a kid, but kind of 'outgrew' it. Also used to play the TCG, but stopped that around the same time I stopped watching the anime.
    ALPHA SAHPHIRE

I mostly just play the games. I watch an episode or two here and there, sure, but not as much as I used to. I have days when I just want to re-watch the older episodes or a movie here and there, so I guess that also counts as watching it since I usually do it when I feel like it.

I guess it's both for me.

I play the games since they air the anime on cartoon network which I don't have on my TV but I watch the movies.
    Currently playing Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Awaiting the next Kalos games and pokemon movie.

Currently own: All gen 4, 5 and 6 main series games.

Feel free to check out my hilarious signature!

Currently avoiding the giant chicken so I won't destroy half the city when fighting the chicken!

Oh no, oh no, oh no! Oh Yeah! Okay, can everyone please stop saying oh no in the court room cause the Kool Aid man keeps coming in!

Oh that dog of mine!

Oh haven't you heard? Bird is the word!

I play the games and watch the anime; I've been doing both around 1999 or so.

~Credit goes to Cresselia92~

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffy Old Wolf View Post
    I mostly just play the games. I watch an episode or two here and there, sure, but not as much as I used to. I have days when I just want to re-watch the older episodes or a movie here and there, so I guess that also counts as watching it since I usually do it when I feel like it.

I guess it's both for me.
    This, basically.

Though, for me it's because I don't really like the anime anymore. Sometimes I'll watch an episode and post in the anime forum, but it's not often. I've long since gotten to the point where I stopped caring about the show. I enjoy the games though.

I can even tell what you're thinking right now

I do both.

I've been able to keep up with the show since I started watching it online.

Claimed by me!

Play it, I stopped caring about the anime after Ash got his Jet badge, but I've been keeping up with what's been going on through my sister who still cares about it.

Hibiki wants hugs
        Spoiler:- My claims:

I put a lot of time into the games, and I used to watch the anime, but I don't like the pacing, so I just watch episodes with significant events like evolutions, gym battles, and Pokemon League battles after they've been put online.
    IGN: Rohith
    Friend Safari: Fighting

I watch, play and READ Pokemon!

Thanks to FairyWitch for this awesome animated banner!

Sorry. Should of included the manga too :S

Actually I watch, play, and read the Manga. Mainly because I love Pokemon that much and I really like what Pokemon has to offer no matter what it is.
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

I just play the games. Used to watch the Anime when I was younger but stopped watching it for various reasons. I don't believe the Anime is bad, I just don't have any interest in it nowadays. As for the Pokemon Mangas, I have not read any of them but I have considered giving some of them a try to see how good they are.

But my head's down on the pavement, wondering where the years went
    All the time I spent, under eyes full of contempt
    My mind's still a crutch as I stand at the edge of what's ahead, I'm frozen instead

I haven't watched the show in years.

I just play the games now.
    LILYCOVE CITY GYM

EVER GRANDE CITY GYM
    Please leave feedback on my gyms via PM, if you'd like. I want to make sure people are truly enjoying them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazamal View Post
    Sorry. Should of included the manga too :S
    In that case...

I also read the mangas, but I only read the ones based on the movies these days.

Claimed by me!

I do both, in fact I watch the Pokémon anime every week.

I'm just glad that Ash isn't an idiot anymore. He sure has become smarter in X/Y. In fact I can't remember the last time he's done something incredibly stupid.

As for the games, well, I love how you can battle Pokémon in so many different ways.

But there are two aspects of Pokémon I don't care for at all.

I hate the Pokémon TCG game as I need so many darn cards to play properly. And honestly that's not my idea of fun. I do enjoy however card games of regular cards. Like go fish. That's some of my favorites. (I'm referring to with regular cards, not special fish cards.)

As for Pokémon toys, well, I feel I have overgrown those. Not saying that people who do like collecting toys are immature or anything, but yeah I don't like toys that much.

As for the mangas, they are hardcore and dark I will admit that. But I can't get into them since they're in black and white. I mean come on, why can't it be in color? It's a minor problem, but the fact is I'd be reading the mangas much more if it wasn't for that.
    Last edited by Blaze The Movie Fan; 1st May 2015 at 4:22 AM.

I watch and play though I haven't played as much since ORAS came out. Anime I try to keep up w because I have a bad habit of slipping and then I end up having to marathon. Its not bad but considering I try to keep up w other anime when it debuts I should put that much work into pokemon. Now the only question is which pokemon game do i want to replay

I play and watch the more important episodes.

I'm 23 and still fascinated with Pokemon.

I only play the games now. Used to watched the anime until like Battle Frontier ended and I was like 12 or so. Started getting boring for me and I guess I outgrew it. I know it's a kid show, but with the material it's based on it has much more potential I think. People's fanfictions about pokemon are better.

If they made the anime more like the manga, with a different main character each season and different stories, and also characters that don't have completely cookie-cutter personalities, that would be nice. Though I do have some of the manga I couldn't get into it. Maybe I could give it another try sometime but idk. Also, other animes and mangas are better than both.

I play the games whenever they come out. I really liked Black and White, played through X and Y (I'm about to replay it again to get a second feel for it), but only got halfway through ORAS. I should finish it sometime though. It was my childhood favorite but even with the mega evolutions and such you can still feel this game's age since it's a remake. I think I played through the originals so much that I can't get into it...
    Last edited by Britters; 1st May 2015 at 8:16 PM.

Oh dear whatever shall tumblr do

I only play the games. The show on the other hand, not paying attention to it in years.

I've been playing since Yellow! I only stopped during gen 3-4 due to not owning a console I could play on. I watched the show as a kid, but stopped around Hoenn for many reasons. Sometimes I'll watch the movies and spinoffs like Origins, though.

~Psychic

Amazing art gift by the talented KCW! Check out his other art here!

One-Shot Fan Fics:
    Forgiveness
    Under Control

Hmm, it still seems like I'm the only one who only watches the anime :P

I used to both watching and playing it. Now it's just the anime.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast