Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hardest Trainer/Boss to beat in a Pokemon game?

Default Hardest Trainer/Boss to beat in a Pokemon game?

Hi everyone,

I know there are a lot of other threads about this, but I'm interested to know

In your opinion, what trainer/boss is the most challenging or annoying to defeat?

Mine would probably be Cynthia in D/P
    Pokemon Platinum Team
    Pokemon Soulsilver Team
    Pokemon Black Team
    Pokemon White 2 Team

Besides Cynthia, another toughie would be Iris in Black2 (For me at least, it took perseverance and a truckton of potions to finally beat her...but the epicness was worth it!)

Goes the same with any Frontier Brain in Emerald, to a much more punishing degree!
    Darkness is just a friend you can't see!
    3DS FC: 4227 - 0729 - 3560

My ASB Profile

Cynthia in D/P/PT and Whitey and her devil tank!

Hardest Champion:Cynthia,especially in Diamond/Pearl.All her Pokemon have flawless IVs and Spiritomb had no weaknesses back then.Her Pokemon are also overleveled for this portion of the game.
    Hardest Gym Leader:Fantina in D/P(Confuse Ray is annoying).
    Hardest Antagonist:Probably Cyrus(Crobat kept confusing my Pokemon and causing them to flinch).
    Last edited by KyogreThunder; 8th November 2014 at 4:38 PM. Reason: her

Many people will immediatly spit cynthia, however i was disapointed hard when i swept her with an underleveled growth roselia...Thats a big no for me.

Ill go with Iris, Despite her teams stacking weaknesses she uses several coverage options and even boosting moves, making her battle sligthly challenging.

Another mention goes to elesa voltswitch shennanigans. It can catch a lot of players offguard.

And Morty Gengar is tying close to Fabtinamismagius as wake up call boses.

As for hardest boss? Pt cyrus takes the cake since its level match that portion of the game, BW Ghetsis is at a tie with him, the pokemon with items, and that blasted hydreigon could make the match hell. Yet given his endgame battle he could be easily outleveled, or his cofragrigus much like cynthia spiritomb could be used as setup bait.
    Last edited by Disaster_Lord; 4th November 2014 at 6:58 PM.
    Who said moe cant be Gar?

Fc Ixchen: 0559-7194-5664
    Poison safari : Muk Cascoon Venomoth

I HATE the Hoenn region and its winguls with a passion that can burn steel beams. But i love move tutors, Lets see how this goes...

Honestly, the hardest gym leader was always Clay. That darned Excadrill
    Seems a bit too rough at that point in the game. I never really had much trouble with anyone else, save for my first time with Cynthia (Diamond was my first game.)
    http://www.NintenDiego.com || http://www.facebook.com/NintenDiego || http://www.reddit.com/r/NintenDiego

Hardest Gym=Whitney -Miltank, enough said
    Elite Four member=Aaron -Yeah I know but I had many issues with Vespiquen
    Siebold -My team wasn't water friendly and didn't have any items. I should of planned better...... A few potions later I won.

These are the few that first come to mind.
    Wake up and smell the Oddish

When I was a kid I could never beat Steven in Emerald.

Iris was probably the easiest champion I've faced along with Alder. I actually don't even remember what Iris' team has on it. Early in W2 I caught an Axew just because but it ended out becoming my "starter" and I leveled it to be significantly stronger than the rest of my team(It was Lvl 80 by the time I fought Iris) and I just swept the entire E4 and Iris with that Haxorus. He has since become my buddy and landed in my favorite dragon types(which there aren't many of).
    In need of any Jolly male Pokémon from the Dragon or Monster Egg groups with an IV spread of 31/31/31/xx/31/31. Cannot be of English game origin.

Offering 5iv or 6iv modest Mareep or nicknameable shiny Durant for the above.

PM if interested
    Beware, I live.

I'll move this to the poke polls section.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

The obvious answer is Whitney and Cynthia, whom I had trouble with, but I remember Wattson the being the most trouble. I probably remember him most because Emerald was my very first game. I picked Treecko and I ran into so much trouble with Magneton even with my Aron, who had Mud Slap and Rollout. By the time I got Magneton into the yellow, Wattson used a Super Potion every time!! When I finally beat Magneton, my team was so worn down that Manectric mopped us up. It took 20 tries before I finally beat him! I have the same trouble every time I replay Emerald.

What's my favourite Pokemon? I'll give you three guesses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze The Movie Fan View Post
    Mauville City is supposed to be a big city, not a darn mall.

Cynthia and Whitney definitely come to mind. However I generally find the champions easy to beat. I also don't see what's so hard about Ghetsis' Hydreigon, I always 1 hit KO'd it with a strong fighting-type move. Probably the hardest challenge I've ever had is Gardenia, I chose Piplup and that gave me a hard time!

Magikarp used splash! It's a one-hit KO!

I wouldn't say that anyone you battle in the main game is hard. It's easy to defeat all of them, especially the champion.

But I will say that I have been defeated many times in the Super Single Battle Subway in Pokémon Black.

Getting 10 straight wins is difficult there. Of course easy compared to REAL players when battling online, but for CPU they are tough.

So yeah I'm going with the trainers in the Super Single Battle Subway in Pokémon Black.

The trainers in the battle tower in Pokémo Crystal were tough too.
    I'm a huge Pokémon fan and also love movies.

I'm also a video maker on YouTube. If you wanna see my YouTube channel click here.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze The Movie Fan View Post
    I wouldn't say that anyone you battle in the main game is hard. It's easy to defeat all of them, especially the champion.

But I will say that I have been defeated many times in the Super Single Battle Subway in Pokémon Black.

Getting 10 straight wins is difficult there. Of course easy compared to REAL players when battling online, but for CPU they are tough.

So yeah I'm going with the trainers in the Super Single Battle Subway in Pokémon Black.

The trainers in the battle tower in Pokémo Crystal were tough too.
    I agree with this, granted, I was young playing Crystal, so I didn't know how to go about beating it. :P
    I found Cynthia a little difficult on my first playthrough of Pearl. Her Garchomp and Milotic gave me a run for my money.
    Marshall and Iris gave me problems as well in White2; my team wasn't that well thought-out though. lol

Image by もちづき
    ...Your tender smile and our petty squabbles...
    Just how much are all those supposed to have toughened me up?

I had troubles with Whitney and Cynthia. The first time I ever faced Whitney I was a really young kid lol. Facing that Milktank was a nightmare! Then I eventually traded for that Machop in Goldenrod City, and I defeated her pretty soundly.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

Definitely Cynthia, the biggest challenges are Milotic and the over levelled Garchomp. Lucian is another tough one due to the lack of Fire types in D/P. I did have an Infernape on Pearl, but I am reluctant to use it on Bronzong out of fear Bronzong would tank a hit then one shot it with Psychic.

In Platinum the first battle against Barry is a pain if you chose Piplup, it marked the first time I lost in the first battle against your in-game rival.

Credit to Brutaka for the awesome banner!
    I have claimed Drapion and Karis from Golden Sun: Dark Dawn.

I may be the only one who says this but Clair in Silver / Gold would be the hardest as its not long after the 7th gym and her pokemon are a crazy high level considering that game does not have many areas good for grinding and her dragons know strong moves and then she has a Kingdra which uses Dragon Pulse and it seems to critiwho at that point you won't have anything that is super effective against it.
    Spare Legendaries:

I am also after DW: Adamant: , Adamant:

**Note** Everything above is in relation to Gen V

FC Black 2 - 0949 0114 5333
    Y FC - 4785-5536-1158 (Friend Safari has Ditto, dusparce and Minccino)

Quote Originally Posted by fireice View Post
    she has a Kingdra which uses Dragon Pulse and it seems to critiwho at that point you won't have anything that is super effective against it.
    True, but Kingdra's HP is horrible, and its defense and special defense stats are good but not great.

So knocking out a Kingdra is easy with neutral damage.

I'm also a video maker on YouTube. If you wanna see my YouTube channel click here.

the biggest issue is the level ups she is good 6-7 levels higher than the previous gym leader and the pokemon in between were bad xp wise so unless you spend a lot of time grinding you would likely be underlevelled when you reached her.

It's also the same reason why I found Lance quite difficult due to level spike and hardly anything decent to gain xp from. So lots of tedius battles to try and reach a respectable level is what made the leaders tough. That game had some of the hardest leaders in the series.
    Spare Legendaries:

Quote Originally Posted by fireice View Post
    the biggest issue is the level ups she is good 6-7 levels higher than the previous gym leader and the pokemon in between were bad xp wise so unless you spend a lot of time grinding you would likely be underlevelled when you reached her.

It's also the same reason why I found Lance quite difficult due to level spike and hardly anything decent to gain xp from. So lots of tedius battles to try and reach a respectable level is what made the leaders tough. That game had some of the hardest leaders in the series.
    Well, to be fair fighting wild Pokémon is a terrible way to train in all games, not just G/S/C.

It took me over a day to train a Pokémon from level 40 to level 50 in Pokémon black.

Cynthia was much easier in Platinum. In diamond and pearl there weren't enough Pokemon available, and her party was over levelled.

Another hard one for me is Ghetsis's Hydreigon in B/W.
    Pokemon Platinum Team
    Pokemon Soulsilver Team
    Pokemon Black Team
    Pokemon White 2 Team

Cynthia, I remember having a hard time trying to beat her
    I have claimed

this may sound funny but the most trouble I had all thru Black/White was Leonara and her watchdog that used retaliate :l
    Spare Legendaries:

For me, the toughest gym leader was Morty in HG, especially on my second run through. I had to wait and evolve my Magikarp, to have one pokemon that didn't get oneshotted and could hit back.
    Champion-wise, IDK. I never had too many issues with the champions, but DP Cynthia was a close one.
    Evil bosses... I only ever lost once to an evil boss, and that was BW Ghetsis. It was also the battle when I realised how good Durant actually was.
    Signature edited due to exceeding height limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
    Friend Safari- Phantump, Drifblim, Shuppet.
    FC: 2793-1931-7921
    Time zone- London-GMT
    Showdown alt: Delta-Omega
    Started my journey into PASBL, let's see how I fare...
    Team info here.

For me, is was Red in G/S.
    FC: 2208-5493-1047

Quote Originally Posted by Cerrik View Post
    For me, is was Red in G/S.
    Yeah, man. That guy was tough.

It's hard enough to train a Pokémon to their level 50's.

But getting them to level 80's is even more difficult.

I'm sure most of us bad problem with him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast