Thread: What is your favorite pokemon game of all time?

Default What is your favorite pokemon game of all time?

What would your FAVORITE official pokemon game ever made (no rom hacks) be? Mine is Heartgold/Soulsilver and Black/White.

It's hard for me to say - I adore the 3rd gen games, but at the same I love the ORAS remakes equally as much. But if I had to pick a favourite, it would have to be Platinum. Mostly because they really improved on what D/P brought to the table and made what was for me a good pair of games into a fantastic game that I'd happily play again.
    Latest Shiny: (3,798 REs) (B2)

Current Hunts: Virbank Complex (B2/W2) - 6,003 REs | (FR/LG) - 1002 SRs

Black 2 and White 2 no question asked. Simply fantastic games to play.

A great question.

For me, there are four games clearly on top of the rest. Those are BW2, Emerald, ORAS and HGSS

It is not easy for me to pick one, but if I could only pick one, I think it would be BW2. I think BW2 has to be the BEST Pokemon game ever, so much content, such a great region, and everything. The PWT in particular, is probably the single best feature of the entire series!

Close behind BW2, would be the other 3 games.

Emerald with it's Battle Frontier, Gym Leader rematches, etc has to be the only game that matches the variety of features of BW2

ORAS is overall, the most refined Pokemon game, and has the best gameplay, period. Also, Super Secret Bases, DexNav and Soaring must be my 3 favourite features ever (behind the PWT).

HGSS has such a beautiful overworld, the Sinnoh BF, 18 Leader rematches, etc

Despite being born long before the Hoenn games came out, I'd honestly have to say Emerald. It's partially nostalgia, as I first played it over ten years ago, but Gen 3 had most of my favorite Pokémon designs as well as introducing my favorite Pokémon overall (I chose Torchic during my first playthrough, but then went with Treecko in future playthroughs and ended up liking it better). Despite the constant complaints over "too much water", it never bothered me much, and I loved the overall aesthetic of the region. Fortree City just looks so comfy and if I could choose to live anywhere in the Pokémon world, it would definitely be that place. The Battle Frontier gave you an incentive to breed new Pokémon and train them. You could rematch gym leaders and the Safari Zone was fantastic as well. It was big and there were many Pokémon you could catch from past gens.
    My Pokémon Sun/Moon Team (in progress):

Friend Code: 2337-7537-0368
    Member of Team Valor

Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, no question about it.

Pokemon Emerald. The Battle Frontier was the best thing in any Pokemon game. I'm gutted they didn't bring it back in ORAS. I also really enjoy Platinum and Explorers of Sky.

My Favorite Pokemon game is HeartGold it really liked the Walking Pokemon Feature and The Pokelathon and Battle Frontier

50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise).

Quote Originally Posted by Greedy Chibi View Post
    Pokemon Emerald. The Battle Frontier was the best thing in any Pokemon game. I'm gutted they didn't bring it back in ORAS. I also really enjoy Platinum and Explorers of Sky.
    Excuse me for nitpicking with your opinion, but the Battle Frontier shouldn't have been taken as a given for a RS remake. Yes, it could have been added, but no, it shouldn't have been taken for granted by so many fans.

Remakes never add extensive postgame Battle Facilities of their own. They just reuse the Battle Facility from the last game. HGSS reused Platinum's Battle Frontier, and ORAS resued XY's Battle Maison.

Game Freak never creates special,extensive battle facilities for remakes, only for Third versions like Platinum or Emerald.Remakes just reuse the Battle Facility of the previous game. HGSS just got lucky to come after Platinum, and ORAS came after XY.
    Last edited by Boss1991; 31st July 2016 at 5:08 PM.

Mine would have to be HGSS, only issue with the game is how low levelled everything is... but then again training to level up was a massive pain. Walking around with your Pokemon really added something special to the games, even though it was such a simple idea. I would LOVE for them to reintroduce it into the Sinnoh remakes (which was my favourite region).

My favourite game out of the main series was PMD Explorers of Time (made me actually cry).

My top favorites are

1.Platinum

2.Emerald

3.BW/BW2

4.HGSS/Crystal

5.FR/LG

6.XY

My favorite spin off game is PMD explorers of sky

before the release of X/Y my least favorite game was B/W but B2/W2 became my all time favorite pokemon game. i thank the 300 sized pokedex and the extensive post game. i really liked the roxie gym leader and in general the generation was a big leap forward. the story questioned morals, sountrack was amazing, graphics and animation all perfect. unfortunately gen 6 would end up being a step forward by 2 steps back. sure the new fancy models were all cool but gone was the intelligent story telling that i loved from gen 5

i like pokemon and team fortress 2

My absolute favorite Pokémon game of all time has to Heartgold and Soulsilver. With gen 5 being a bit of a reboot of sorts, HGSS felt like a way to end the first four generations with a huge bang, and I loved it. I loved the extra features and the Pokémon following you, and how beautiful the Johto region looked. My only problem with the game is that they replaced Kris with Lyra, a minor issue since I play as the male trainer anyway.
    First and Favorite Pokémon

OMEGA RUBY TEAM (COMPLETE)

Quote Originally Posted by ECM View Post
    My absolute favorite Pokémon game of all time has to Heartgold and Soulsilver. With gen 5 being a bit of a reboot of sorts, HGSS felt like a way to end the first four generations with a huge bang, and I loved it. I loved the extra features and the Pokémon following you, and how beautiful the Johto region looked. My only problem with the game is that they replaced Kris with Lyra, a minor issue since I play as the male trainer anyway.
    I agree here. I loved almost everything about HGSS. It was amazing to have Pokemon follow you. It really made them feel like friends and companions instead of mere pixels. I sincerely hope that they bring that feature back in a future Pokemon game, maybe in the remake of HGSS (yeah, that's gonna be a while). I also loved the gym leader rematches, two regions, and of course facing Red on Mt. Silver. My favorite rival was also in HGSS. He's Giovanni's son ffs! You see first hand a child acting out with the absence of parental guidance and his journey toward maturity, with themes of not being destined to follow the same path as one's parents. Lastly, I loved the Pokeathlon and the return of the BF.
    It's not about winning; it's the rivers you cross.

Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky - this game is an absolute masterpiece. Despite the final boss being too hard, as long as you have some kind of counter and one of the stat maxing seeds you'll be fine. Other than that, incredible cutscenes, scripting and music combined with a very well-done battle system makes this not only the best Pokémon game to exist, but one of the best games full stop.

Platinum - Giratina is hard to catch, as it should be, and despite multiple aspects of the game completely ruining the experience, such as hax being more prevalent (at least for me), this is a truly great Pokémon game with plenty to do and so many options for your team.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - I grew bored of it but with 18 gyms, an amazing final battle and plenty to do, weakened by the fact that wild Pokémon are pathetically weak, but other than that an outstanding game and a great way to end the 4th generation.

OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire - Nothing really needs to be said about this.

My favorites are B/W and B2/W2.

B/W: I loved the Fresh Start feeling, the large number of new Pokemon, the new Pokemon themselves, and how they actually showcased them during the main story. The story was great and the characters were awesome, I loved the gameplay and the improvements to it, the content, the new features, the music, and everything else. These games are also special to me since they brought me back into Pokemon after I had been burned out on the franchise and the series during the latter half of 4th Gen.

B2/W2: I loved how they continued on the awesomeness from B/W but in an unexpected way. These games were more of a mix between old and new and it worked very well. The story wasn't on the same level as the first pair, but it was still really great. I loved all the features and the content in those games. Plus, there were more content than in any other main series game to date. I also liked how they tried something new with sequels, they were a lot more creative and innovative than any third version or remake.

Or if you want a very short explanation: These two pairs are my favorites because they were the most fun to play.
    Last edited by Kalosian; 11th August 2016 at 8:43 PM. Reason: "slash"
    A new future is about to begin

The past and the present will not be forgotten

Secret Bases

Gold/Silver/Crystal are my favorites! Heartgold and SoulSilver are fantastic remakes! There's a lot of great Pokemon games, but Gen 2 is my favorite Gen.
    Happy 20th Anniversary Pokemon!

My 3DS Friend Code: 1693 1038 1902

By far diamond. My first Pokemon game, and I restarted 14 times. Caught over 100 different types of Pokemon shiny, and Omar's for 3 years. All other games were on the side. And, it started my love of garchomp and scizor. And then my brother stole it.

Thanks to American Pi Trading a deoxys and lvl 94 mewtwo, and lvl 100 darkrai PM me.

For me, it is Platinum. There are very few things I really, truly dislike about it, and the good far outweighs the bad. It isn't as slow as Diamond/Pearl, the Distortion World is one of the best concepts in Pokemon games, the regional Pokedex is fairly solid, the Gym Leaders actually have good movesets, Cynthia and Barry are great characters, and the storyline is fairly engaging, although not as good as in B/W. Favourite special edition by far.
    Last edited by KyogreThunder; 21st August 2016 at 7:02 PM.

For me, it would be Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky and Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness. Explorers of Sky had a cutesy yet deep tone, as well as the many improvements it had from Time/Darkness. And Pokemon XD had this interesting atmosphere it had, with the Shadow Pokemon, Shadow Lugia, the battle music, the move animations, and it was pretty fun having to snag Shadow Pokemon as well. And I still play both of them.

I will always have fondness for the Gen 3 games, but ultimately my favorite is Pokemon Black 2 and White 2
    Shinies
    Search:
    Random:
    SR:
    Traded away:
    Gift:
    In-game:
    MM:
    Dexnav:
    Trade: Sylveon

Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi

Latest shiny: Skorupi

Gen 4 and Gen 5 are my favorite Gens. Basically all the DS games though I also liked Gen 3. The Ds was my favorite system and I liked the Pokémon games on it.

Pokemon platina, that is my all time favorite. Jave about 500+ hours in that one, mainly because i couldn't carch a relicanth