Thread: The "B-Button League" Thread

Default The "B-Button League" Thread

Come on fellas, feel free to join. Who here has tons of pre evolved Pokemon they're always bashing B on and insisting they stay and prove their worth in their original cuter form?

I always have a Meowth I use throughout the entire game each Gen. I usually have a Sneasel in most cases as well. While I don't hate their evolved forms, there's just something I love more about them (and Sneasel has pretty good base stats for a stage 1 Pokemon anyway).

Ah yes ~ I get the feels, I'd rather die then evolve either my Eevee or Pikachu, thinking about also trying to breed a shiny teddiursa and keep it like that, it's so dang adorable!

The Lazy Breed List ~
    Here you can find... uh,... what I can offer for trade.

Current majoooooor wants :
    ● Sandile - Dream Ball/Fast Ball
    ● HA Klefki - Heavy Ball/Love Ball

My FC? Hmm...
    4614-0610-4174
    IGN : Yachi

I'd say I'm one of the more extreme examples of this (though less so in my most recent game). The first time I played Red, I actually took the first caterpie I caught all the way to the Elite 4. Naturally, the li'l guy wasn't much more than a mascot, but it was in the party I won with nonetheless, because I just adore caterpie that much.

My Sapphire game was a similar story, in which about half my team during the final league match was 1st stage, like how I caught them and came to love them (I actually didn't even want to evolve my starter at first, though I was eventually convinced otherwise). It wasn't an easy victory, but I managed to pull through after a couple of stompings. My swablu actually performed the finishing blow to Steven (by perish song. Your sacrifice will not be forgotten, Cleanser).

I'm currently trying to make my final Diamond league face off include an unevolved party member (I'm not so sure I like toxicroak, and I'm kind of wanting to play my croagunk in as a lethal joke player), and make it a bit easier than last time by training my party to be relatively equal stat-wise. Grinding to get a croagunk to be at matching strength with an infernape is proving to be a gruelling process so far, one I hope will be worth it.
    All fear the vampiric ghost skeletal uber mr. mime caterpie!

Thank you Megadio for the awesome banner.

I always evolve my pokemon except for some shinies, but for generations 3 and 4 I kept zigzagoon for evolving until level 25 until it learned pin missile, since it was a halfway decent non-TM/HM move. Now it learns pin missile earlier.
    New shinies week of 3/9-3/16: yungoos
    New shinies week of 3/16-3/23: None, playing Sun, doing quad hunt

Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing AlphaSapphire

F/riend codes: 4571-0519-1537, 4571-0519-6173
    I still need some codes! Please add me and PM me, I'd appreciate it.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by octoboy View Post
    I'd say I'm one of the more extreme examples of this (though less so in my most recent game). The first time I played Red, I actually took the first caterpie I caught all the way to the Elite 4. Naturally, the li'l guy wasn't much more than a mascot, but it was in the party I won with nonetheless, because I just adore caterpie that much.
    Caterpie at least gets a bone thrown in the newer gen due to learning Bug Bite (a decent STAB move) and a couple tutor moves like Electroweb. Give it Eviolite and EV train it's Attack and it might be useful in a play through these days (especially since Shield Dust is a pretty decent ability).

Supposing the same tutorial moves will be added in whatever additional title occurs, Metapod is next to actually good in Gen VII.
    Last edited by DatsRight; 28th December 2016 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xYachu View Post
    Ah yes ~ I get the feels, I'd rather die then evolve either my Eevee or Pikachu, thinking about also trying to breed a shiny teddiursa and keep it like that, it's so dang adorable!
    Funny... I've always loved Eevee to the utmost, but never let that stop me from evolving it. I just adore its evolutions exactly as much. But at least in not evolving it, you don't have to decide what to evolve it into. That was a headache for many I imagine.

I really struggle to find any such examples (aside from the 4th gen trades), but it would make a run that much more challenging. Oh, yeah, I did remember Lillipup, but probably more for Pickup than despising its later stages.
    Last edited by Hamon_Warrior; 1st January 2017 at 1:29 AM.