Thread: Cheating the system

Default Cheating the system

I noticed that there is quite a rukus on if a pokemon is hacked or not so I have a question. If you were to use an Action Replay to obtain the items to capture darkrai or any other event only pkm, is that pokemon hacked or considerd thereof?
    "Your future is not ahead of you."

Yes. I think that is considered as cheating. Pokemon Database may not be, but I'm pretty sure that and AR is considered cheating.
    -Danny
    I love dewgong

True. My next q is, have there been any online events for D/P? If so, will there by any more?
    "Your future is not ahead of you."

Depends on the person.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    True. My next q is, have there been any online events for D/P? If so, will there by any more?
    There have only been Wi-Fi events for Jap. Platnium.
    3DS FC = 0216-1223-1081
    friend safari (dark) = Inkay, Cacturne, Vullaby
    White FC=4298 2302 9295
    Heart Gold FC=1720 6203 4547
    Platinum FC=0388-4663-6425
    Pearl FC=3137-5419-0198
    PBR FC=4725-5099-1678

Hacking is using any external device to do something that otherwise wouldn't have happened in your game.

If I hacked to get a wonder card, it's indistinguishable from receiving it at the event. If I hack to get Shayin in Diamond, it's obviously hacked because the item was never released. That's why the term "legal" exists. It accounts for anything that looks legit, but you don't know the origin of it (IE you didn't raise it/capture it yourself). For better or for worse, a proper hack is indistinguishable from using legit game mechanics and events, so the best way to identify a hack is when it falls outside of legal parameters (illegal move set, improper Pal-PArk info, etc..)
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

If you use action replay to obtain a pokemon, it is hacked. If you use action replay to obtain an item, it is hacked. If you use action replay to obtain something that you are not obtaining through regular gameplay, it is hacked.

Cheating is bad.

*closed*