Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Steeling Peace of Mind! (578)

Default Steeling Peace of Mind! (578)

Riley & Lucario!

After his win at Canalave City, Ash & Co. are heading to the next town for a Pokémon Contest. On the way, they arrive on Iron Island. Meeting up with their old friend Jun, they discover that all the Steel Pokémon on the island are acting up, even Jun's Empoleon. Trying to discover what is wrong, they meet Riley and his Lucario who are there investigating the issue. Will they find out the cause?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

As I suspeced Ash takes a backseat in this episode. And nothing really happens, it's a dialouge heavy episode with some action.

I was disappointed that the "evil" Lucario turned out to be the cliffhanger of the episode (even if it was most likely to be expected).

Jun got some good moments with Team Rocket. Mars shows up, knocks the stuffing out of Jun and Team Rocket, proving that Jun and Team Rocket are weaklings. Okay granted, it wouldn't have worked if Jun and Team Rocket but oh well. Maybe Jun gets some revenge in the next episode.

My expectations got too high so it was rather disappointing. But it probably was an okay episode.

Also apparently just like Chimchar's blaze, Ash's aura is only plot important, rather than believable. Unless you tell me that one Riolu had more Aura than Riley's Lucario.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Any evolution in this episode?.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Unless you tell me that one Riolu had more Aura than Riley's Lucario.
    Riolu and Ash had the same aura.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarofl View Post
    Riolu and Ash had the same aura.
    uh no they didn't, just had an unusual connection is all and i agree with D they are using aura as a plot device and nothing else.

umm serebii? I went to the episode guide and it says the page doesn't exsist
    does it exsist or what? How can we discuss about a non exsistent page? :/

Signature has currently been transferred to the 5th dimension. Please try again later.

Seems a good episode, and there's nothing wrong with aura in my opinion.
    this hope is treacherous, this daydream is dangerous.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

What are Heracross's attacks?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Also apparently just like Chimchar's blaze, Ash's aura is only plot important, rather than believable. Unless you tell me that one Riolu had more Aura than Riley's Lucario.
    Ash and Riolu's Aura's had similar frequencies.

You're a Snover. I'm a Fire-Type. This amuses me.

Just watched this episode and it was a really nice epi even though i didn't understood much of it. Jun was awesome as always xD

Btw did they even mention anything about Ash's Aura? My japanese ain't that good xD
    Last edited by Satoshifangirl; 15th January 2009 at 7:27 PM.

For some reason, I got a kick out of the still frame involving a random Aggron hurling a random Onix into a cliffside. Then again with Ash fearlessly walking up to a mentally unstable Steelix and screaming like, "This is my show, asshole! Quit stealing my recognition!" And with the brief Forretress cameo, Sinnoh is now finally on-par with the amount of Forretress screentime that Hoenn had!

I have to say, while you don't see me saying what's "cool" very often, Jun and TR teaming up was actually pretty dang cool. They've pulled such a plot angle with the main gang several times before, so it's nice to see it with a secondary character. And for some reason when they fell down that hole, I was instantly reminded of a similar scene from Brawl's crappy story mode and half-expected a dino-transformer-thing to pop out.

Well-done cliffhanger, as not only does it yield Lucario becoming a mindslave to the toy companies, but it begs a lot of questions about what the hell just happened at Spear Pillar hundreds of miles away and what the deal is with that underground chamber. The Galactic arc needs to move quickly at this point, so hopefully we can get some satisfactory build-up.

All-in-all, a pretty decent set-up for next week's episode, which will undoubtedly yield the big action. And by that, of course, I mean answering or denying childhood fantasies of evolutions and eggs.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

LOL, we saw Foretress in the Pokemon center.

FORETRESS.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

FORETRESS.
    Aaaaand the world implodes. Pretty nice cliffhanger ending. Jun was awesome as always.

superpika: Please don't ask those types of questions... discussion of illegal downloads is not allowed here.

Shadow_Lugia_XD001: It'll exist soon. Check back sometime soon, maybe even tomorrow.

anyways lol this was...definitely not what I expected. too much dialogue for my tastes. I thought Riley was going to be...more epic or something. I guess it would really help if I knew what was said, rofl (then all that dialogue wouldn't make me go wtf because I'd know what was going on), oh well. I loved the end the most - cliffhanger! OH AND MARS. She and Riley (even though he wasn't what I expected) MADE this episode for me. ;D I'm actually starting to like Jun a little bit, too - I thought it was really cool when he and Team Rocket teamed up. hmm, maybe my opinion of him will change later, then.

I am excited for next episode. I wish this could've been a two-parter, lol.

Next ep will end the whole "Ash gets a lucario" thing. lol. Eitehr Riley gives Ash an egg or not. Its really ruffleing feathers now and if Ash does not get the egg it will be a yolk on us but if he does it will be EGG-cellent!
    Life is like a bowl of fruit! Why? I...don't...know....

I'm watching this episode right now. Currently, Ash is being attacked by a crazed Lairon...
    But man, it sure it good to see Jun again. I love that kid. I never realized how much older his Japanese voice makes him sound though...
    Unfortunately, it's just been a lot of dialogue up until now... And I can't understand any of it.
    But Riley, Jun, and Mars all in one episode is pretty epic imo.

d00med n0w

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

FORETRESS.
    I know! I could hardly believe my eyes!

Then right next to it in an incubator was none other than Scizor! Heck, they really tried to pack in EVERY steel type...Except Mawile...

Interesting episode.
    I just love two-parters.
    Although I didn't expect Riley & Lucario to be in this episode.[/sarcasm]

Join Hachiko's PokeKingdom today!

*Credit to Lucina Archaelis of Subspace Generate Graphics for banner

Man, Seviper, Carnivine, and Yanmega all out to battle was a moment of ":0" for me, because they rock. They didn't get to battle, but seeing them getting ready to was great.

A nice episode, and I'm looking forward to next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    Man, Seviper, Carnivine, and Yanmega all out to battle was a moment of ":0" for me, because they rock. They didn't get to battle, but seeing them getting ready to was great.

A nice episode, and I'm looking forward to next week.
    It was nice that Carnivine didn't clamp onto James head for once.

I have a feeling tht Registeel is behind that door that has Dialga and Palkia on it. Considering the blue light from the door hit Mt. Coronet supposedly where Spear Pillar is than something BIG is behind that door. I'm happy they used a different commander because I ws getting sick of Saturn always appearing.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Some Geodude are just better actors than the others.
    Personally I like this picture of Graveller.

THE HORROR! THE HORROR!

I usually love eps where they throw a bunch of random Pokemon into the background all at once, and this was no exception. Pokemon flying all over the place like Aggron, Steelix, Skarmory, etc. it was all very chaotic.

For an ep that introduced Riley, brought back Jun, and had some bits with Mars, there really was a lot crammed into this episode.

Hopefully next weeks is a satisfying conclusion, the writers really have gotten better at writing villains in this series.

It was ok episode. To me It has to be one of those see the dub to truely like it. Although it looks good. So those are pretty advanced ruins on Iron Island....does anyone find it random that a Rattata is there?
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Yeah, this episode looks good. I like how they don't just focus on Ash's group but also Jun's group (him w/ TR for the time being). Once again, Lucario's performance was awesome. I can't wait to see it once it reach CN.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast