Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Saving the World from Ruins (579)

Default Saving the World from Ruins (579)

The Hidden Ruins of Iron Island!

With Team Galactic's efforts getting stronger and stronger and not even Riley's Lucario being immune to their influence, Ash & co. face one of their toughest trials yet. With all the admins trying to utilise the special attributes of the ruins on the island to eventually awaken Dialga & Palkia, Ash & Co. have to stop them. Will they succeed?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Looking over some pics on 2chan...

* Regi AND Staraptor! Ooops, I meant Reggie and his Staraptor. And also a Kricketot are shown for some reason. I guess everyone in Sinnoh probably can see that huge beam

* No Chimchar, no Riolu egg, no nothing of that kind.

* I don't exactly understand what happened by looking at the pictures, but it seems the TG Arc is heating up.

ALSO...look who's in this picture:

PLUTO! Besides that, you can also spot the various lakes on the monitors. Seems TG is ready to go after them now.

Pluto appearing is nice, although it raises the question of why Rotom has already been shown when the character most associated with it was going to be introduced less than ten episodes later.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMage View Post
    Pluto appearing is nice, although it raises the question of why Rotom has already been shown when the character most associated with it was going to be introduced less than ten episodes later.
    A different backstory mayhap?

Looks like Operation Pixie is in full swing now.
    My Black 2 Team
    3DS Friend Code: 1349-5549-7031

Lucario: "Voices in my head! Voices in my head!"
    Dude, this was a fairly violent episode. Lucario was essentially hell-bent on killing Riley.

And of course, who shows up to ruin the rescue party? Why, it's no other than our good hard-headed friend, STEELIX! The writers just know we can't get enough of this guy. Showing up in 3 of the past 4 episodes just isn't good enough. And no matter what aura forcefield blocks his way, no aura forcefield will stop us from buying his three-foot plushie!

Purugly and Muku.BIRD are like Sylvester and Tweety Bird, except this time, Tweety Bird wins. Good riddance to those Golbat, too. The evil team in the next generation needs five thousand copies of something more menacing...like Bidoof.

The appearance of Cynthia's grandma (and in a speaking role) and Reggie was quite nice. Makes me hopeful for roles in the future. Chimchar's appearance was an awesome slap in the face to many of this forum's users, especially when it emerged only to give its best Ambipom impression. And Carnivine saves the day. Way better than a Monferno.

Movie 8 throwback near the end with Riley and Lucario using their aura to stop the time bomb explosion was predictable but nice. And I certainly hope that Jun's promise to meet up with Ash at the Sinnoh League doesn't mean this is the last we'll be seeing of him until then. Good mini-arc, but there still has yet to be a real brutal battle with Galactic.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

whats all about this 60% data? were they looking for the three pixie-location?

BTW Ash never used his aura in this episode, did he?

If the magic of copy & paste and accounts on other forums are anything to go by, there's a Maestro-esque rant coming up, just you wait and see.

I've only seen still images (the best kind of images) thus far, but I found Riley pulling a pokémon and making his hands glow to create a barrier of PURE AURA to be mildly amusing. Especially with that stoic pose, hands-a-stretched. It all looked so...silly.
    Not knocking aura or anything. Just saying is all :P

So what exactly did Chimchar do when released from its Ball? From the episode pictures, it just looks like someone stood on its hands.

I think it tried to dig (to create a tunnel so Jun + TR could escape), but I'm guessing the soil probably was thick with steel that prevented it and gave it swelled hands.

However, the coolest part of this episode was Carnivine saving the day.
    Sudowoodo, Croagunk, Mukkubird, and Grotle all helping out didn't hurt either.

According to the 'pedia, this is the first time a Team Rocket Pokemon has learned a new move...

If the magic of copy & paste and accounts on other forums are anything to go by, there's a Maestro-esque rant coming up, just you wait and see.
    Ash for the win!
    Last edited by Korobooshi Kojiro; 22nd January 2009 at 11:00 PM.

Hmm...upon a quick visit to the *ahem* promised land, I believe I know who and what is being referred to. On that note, I am pleasantly perplexed at the reaction here (or lack thereof) on both sides of the aisle for all of the above topics (visit now-locked speculation thread for more info).

Then again, I think kindygarten naptime is about over now. We're not safe just yet.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

wow...today's thread was started really early!
    How did you guys already get pics of it?I haven't found the episode anywhere yet
    It's a good thing that Staravia got a well deserved screentime after all!
    It might be a hint of Staraptor soon maybe?

No egg???!!! Wtf?!

First post and you mentioned no egg?lol...
    Keep in mind not everything in DP anime will be accurate to the games(Old Plateau being in Canalave is example 1)
    OFFTOPIC:are you AuraMaster from the Mugen community?

Yep, no egg. Looks like Ash's team won't catch aura cancer after all.

This was a Riley/Team Galactic centric episode as I figured. I didn't see Chimchar evolving here anyway. It will get an episode devoted to its evolution when it finally does evolve, probably Paul's next appearence.

Its good to see Carnivine get a new attack. I bet Jessie uses it to win her 3rd ribbon.

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

You know, besides...something probably coming up soon, I'm surprised that people here are actually calm. I guess we did move on...to Chimchar's evolution frenzy.

Hey, Pluto looks cool, our own version of Igor. And it looks like Galactic's plan is in full effect.

How did it get so late so soon? Its night before its afternoon. December is here before its June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?, -Dr. Seuss

Hmm...upon a quick visit to the *ahem* promised land, I believe I know who and what is being referred to
    Wow...

Last edited by Korobooshi Kojiro; 23rd January 2009 at 1:41 AM.

This was a pretty good episode.
    The Pluto cameo was cool and but it sucked that Jun got shafted throughout basically the whole episode, untill the end.

NO EGG DDD
    I'm back

I jizzed in my pants when Jupiter was there at the end for .1 seconds.
    I jizzed hard. 8)

Eh this episode didn't live up to it's true potential and Pikachu likes men, but it could've been worse.

NO EGG NO EGG NO EGG NO EGG NO EGG NO EGG NO EGG NO EGG
    RIOLU LIKES MEN RIOLU LIKES MEN RIOLU LIKES MEN RIOLU LIKES MEN
    And the auraholics become an hero. o)

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    Wow...

James hugging both his pokemon was so cute. I love James's relationship with his Pokemon. Glad Carnivine helped save the day. I love that thing,

Still haven't seen this episode. There must be some kind of delay

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

Everyone in the speculation thread was predicting vine whip, but in the episode, it seemed as though Carnivine actually learned Power Whip. So which one was it?

You really can't tell since no one calls the attack by name.

Quote Originally Posted by shac View Post
    Ash never used his aura in this episode, did he?
    No he did not.

This was a good episode. The first part was especially good with Lucario going on a rampage and Ash and Mars' battle. It looks like they copied and pasted Pluto, he's even hunching over. One thing that I noticed was that Cyrus didn't seem angry at Mars. If that is true I like it.

Thank God for no egg. now we can finally move on....sadly I doubt it.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Okay I finally seen it.

Riley was the awesomest(I know its not a word) character in the anime ever. He pulled off some DBZ tricks at the end of the episode

Team Galactic is seriously evil. Mars was going to kill everyone on the island even though she had already made a clean escape. I'm glad we finally have real villians in the anime instead of all comedic villians

i thought this was awesome one of my favorite episodes after the paul and grotle one, the two riolu secials and the hunter j ones.

also glad that the great question is finally answered and behind us unlike some i don't hate riolu and i even think it would be awesome on ash's team but not at the expense of the beyond amazing team he has right now. glad gliscor and all the others will continue to have a chance to shine.

edit ugh what a nightmare first it doesn't even post my first draft then it post my second draft 4 times blah makes me thankful to who ever invented the delete button.
    Last edited by magicallypuzzled; 23rd January 2009 at 8:40 AM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast