Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Saving the World from Ruins (579)

I like when Lucario and Riley uses their aura, I was cursing why Ash didn't help them 0_o
    Also, the part where Piplup fell into Jun's arms is cute

Surfing through the waves, diving deep into the sea,
    playing along the beach, having fun all day long.

Yeah, Ash seriously needs to learn how to use his Aura. He could've help Riley & Lucario from removing the bomb from the island. Jun should've been more involve w/ this whole Team Galactic thing instead of being spectators like TR. And TR should really stay out of major story events since they're just useless & pathetic.

-^- No, I like that TR get involved in stuff. I mean we are stuck with them no matter what, so more meaningful their existence becomes the better for me.

Cool Episode and good animation too.
    I have to say Mars voice is too sexy(byebye haha), TG are doing greats jobs this saga.
    I dont get why the writer remove Riolu egg? too bad, Jun deserves to get it.
    Finally Jamse got some focused....
    Last edited by BirdStaraptor; 23rd January 2009 at 5:15 PM.

I swear i could have wet myself with excitement when Muku.BIRD used Brave Bird! Thats the first time since Maylene's Gym Battle!

Also, the Vine/Power Whip confusion....I could've sworn I heard James say Power Whip while hugging Carnivine in the Magikarp Sub.

Well the episode was good & i am happy that the writers didn't forget that Staravia knows Brave Bird (it was used nearly 42 episode before this in the 3rd gym battle & thats a long time). Also the execution of the move was much faster than before too.
    I know that some might not feel this but i had a bit of laugh when i saw Chimchar's hand after it failed to do dig.
    Also i have a feeling that Riley has a slight chance of reappearing in the future because of his involvement with TG in this episode.
    Last edited by Lucario At Service; 23rd January 2009 at 4:05 PM.

Staravia used Brave Bird?! *explodes*

It's nice to finally see Carnivine doing something other than getting it's arse handed to it. And the cameos of older characters was pretty nice as well.

Riley is officially my favorite character, hands down. Sorry, J. :P Nah, scratch that. Second favorite.

PLUTO. :O

This episode has to be my favorite! I can't wait until it comes to the U.S. Riley has to be one of my favorite characters! I was happy to see Brave Bird again and Reggie.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Well, this one was definately better than 110, even if it was a bit too extreme with all that aura stuff. Loved the music and the overall plot. Hirooka certainly did a great job animating it too.

This episode was nearly perfect!
    The Sinnoh Character cameos were nice. (I wish we could have seen Pluto's face though...)
    Homicidal Lucario was a nice touch. Riley got his butt handed to him by his own Pokemon.
    Brave Bird? Staravia doing something? NO WAI!
    Carnivine saves (some) of the day!
    Aura: Blah.

Team Galactic is officially the best Villiainous Team in series. They actully try to kill their enemies! I loved when Mars just said "Bye-Bye" when she said the detenator off. And I never realized how much Saturn's Japanese VA makes him sound like a woman, at first I didn't even know it was him talking.

Overall: 9/10
    3DS Friend Code: 3609-1148-9481

RIP Original Y save file. Never using PokeBank again.

Definitely better than the first part. I enjoyed the most Carnivine learning a new move as well as seeing Staravia use Brave Bird once again.

The episode was built in a great way but there has been better arcs in DP.

Pretty sure that was Vine Whip Carnivine used, since that magazine scan plainly said it was and it looked pretty official to me, having pictures from unaired episodes and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    You really can't tell since no one calls the attack by name.
    Yes they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post

. . . Where'd this come from? Did I miss something?

Seriously, what's the backstory here? What's with the sudden eruption of Gliscor-hate?
    PLEASE feed Farfetch'd sour (yellow) berries!

Quote Originally Posted by Isis-sama View Post
    . . . Where'd this come from? Did I miss something?

Seriously, what's the backstory here? What's with the sudden eruption of Gliscor-hate?
    A guy who's a really big Ash fan, Riolu freak probably, and hates Gliscor, he's over on Bulbagar...well figure it out from there.

Staravia USED Brave Bird? Oh wow, now I have to watch this!

How did it get so late so soon? Its night before its afternoon. December is here before its June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?, -Dr. Seuss

-An entire 42 seconds of episode time is wasted by a recap for the two kids who missed last week's episode and the one old guy with alzheimer's who watches the show.
    -It seems that my prediction last week of aura eventually being able to be used for anything is coming true. First it was the sphere attacks, then it was forcing aura into things to make life trees liiiive, then it was detecting things from afar, then it was resisting the Steel type madness, and now it's shields. Maybe the end of the episode involves Gen using his aura powers to teleport AshnCo to Snowpoint? I mean, it'd be perfectly logical at this point.
    -Lucario appears to have a killer migrane. Why won't anyone listen when we tell them not to feed chocolate to bipedal aura dogs?
    -Ash somehow blocks a Bone Lightsaber without having his arm break or anything. Well okay then!
    -Professor Rowan? Cynthia's Grandma? Those Veilstone meteors? Reggie? Glowing engravings of dragon dieties? Shit is officially going down.
    -The lakes, Iron Island, and Mt Coronet are being highlighted on some map in TG (what I assume to be) Headquarters. I hate the writers so much right now since they're actually giving me hope that an evil team storyline will be handled supurbly.
    -And there's the walking corpse himself! As opposed to his clone who's busy refereeing for the Canalave Gym.
    -I'm not entirely sure what's going on with Lucario right now, but I'm assuming that it involves a plan to knock it out until they get rid of the source of the crazy. Mostly because this show always needs more violence. Or at least that's what my "OMG this will totally make this 22 minute advertisment for a children's video game franchise into a mature anime!" sources tell me.
    -...well, peeps got shocked, so it looks like I was right! Not that that one Thunderboltshockwave actually stopped Lucario, but it was a nice effort.
    -Duuuudes, can't saving the people who can't really help that much in battle wait until after you deal with TG?
    -Oh wait, they're about to be eaten alive by a Steelix. Go deal with TG anyway.
    -Gee, how handy that Gen can not only make shields with his aura, but he can make shields at a distance too.
    -One little Thunderbolt and eeeeeeverything's back to normal. I still have no goddamn idea what TG's make-Dialga/Palkia-related-things-glow plot has to do with various Steel Pokemon going insane, but hey. It's probably just some "oh the WEIRD POWER just made them do WEIRD THINGS" bs.
    -Cyrus mentioned an explosion. Oh yes.
    -I have no idea what anyone is saying, but I can already tell that Lucario's going to use its Multipurpose Power to find those bombs and render them harmless.
    -Doesn't more than one person around there have a rope? Jeez. You'd think Brock would have at least twenty of them in his Helpful Crap pocket dimension.
    -The camera is focusing on James crying...and now it's focusing on Carnivine. This can only mean one thing. Carnivine is going...to...EVOLVE!
    -Or learn Vine Whip. Same difference.
    -I see that Gen & Lucario are trying the highly advanced "pull the bomb off the wall" explosion-prevention strategy.
    -Not only can Gen & Lucario use an aura shield to contain the explosion, but they can then shove that aura shield into the sky, which brings the explosion with it(aka "a harmless distance away from everyone"). Next thing you know, aura will be found to be the cure for AIDS.
    -OH CRAP GEN IS LOOKING PRETTY WEAK IS HE GOONA DIahaha of course not this is an ordinary episode, not a movie.
    -You know, this is one of those rare episodes with so much dialogue that it makes me regret insisting on watching a show in a language I cannot understand. Oh sure, people on SPPf and BMGf tell other people the important points fairly quickly, but it's still not that great going "uh...ok I guess this is that one part that one person was talkikng about."
    -Seeing a small rat and a large metal penguin shake paws/claws is oddly amusing.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

The return of Cynthia's grandmother. Hmm....interesting. I wonder if she'll be around more.

Lucario going insane was great. It made some pretty sick sounds, making it actually sound like an animal. Riley is pretty cool I like him, but Saturn is still my favorite. My gosh, I love that guy so much, he's so great. Jupiter is back already. She must be done setting up the capture operation, or has done all she needs at the moment.

Pluto. This guy is so good, he deserves his own paragraph. I would love to see that guy more, evil scientists are awesome.

All in all, good episode. Cyrus re-appearing was nice too.

My fic, Drowning.
    Cye of the Torrent is my bishie.
    Credit to Sketchie of Coronet Designs

Aww man, EVERY *important* member of TG made an appearance in this episode, including the unloved Jupiter and ZOMGPLUTO!
    And moar Cyrus action and random Reggie cameo and things are getting focereal intense. The writer's better live up to the expectations that they've set and handle the rest of the TG arc well. Or I will cry.

Man, this was definitely an excellent episode. A lot better than the last one.
    And what is this blasphemy? No Riolu? *brick'd*

d00med n0w

Strange...the almighty veteran-fan hasn´t shown up in this thread...Too bad, his new weedle-like movement-idea was hilarious...almost heroic.

Anyway, my thoughts on the 2 parter? I really liked it. It felt more like a set up for bigger things to happen, but that´s good because Team Galactic NEEDED another set-up episode badly.

Throwing Jun into the mix was great as well, because he visited Iron Island several episodes ago AND owns a steel pokemon. The planning behind this is very nice and doesn´t feel forced, something that is something special in the Pokémon anime.

Gen felt like a Sir Aaron knock-off, but..hey...wasn´t that the reason he was added in the games from the start? I could jump the "X Pokémon is shown too often"-bandwagon, but I won´t, because...I like Lucario. It is always nice to see the blue badge...I mean blue guy doing something interesting. and due to its brainwashed moments we saw another side of lucario as well.
    The dark side of the aura!

"I am your breeder!"

Mars is my favourite commander and giving her almost 2 episodes was a neat thing to do.

The cameos of Reiji, Shirona´s grandmother and the old Professor were a nice touch...but I would have like seeing Shinji again as well. Must have been busy doing EV training or releasing some Mukku.ru...

Lots of mysterious setup for things to come, strange Aura-overpowered haxness, steelix, Team Galactic and Explosions. Can´t be a bad two parter.
    Last edited by TeddiUrsa; 26th January 2009 at 4:40 PM.
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

You'd think Cynthia would make an appearance here? Meh, it was an alright episode overall.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

On page 3 on the episode pictures for it on the main site, I noticed something interesting. There is a map of Sinnoh on a large computer in the Galactic HQ. On the map, there are 5 dots. The dots cover Iron Island, the three lakes and Mt. Coronet. The Iron Island dot is probably gone now and did anyone notice that all the commanders except Jupiter were there. Her and possibly J were most likely out geting the Mesprit, Azelf and Uxie. Once those dots go away, that just leaves the dot for Mt. Coronet. Anyone else notice that?

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Hmm. It seems that we are finally getting some decent TG spoilers, especially with the map and Pluto. And In the regigigas episode, it looks like we might see the pixies, and J is in the title? looks like we [I]Might[I] just see another bit of TG in that episode.
    Friend code: 2535 6827 0547
    Willing to trade: shiny rhyperior, shiny machoke

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu on Bulbagarden
    - I like how this one piece of background music is playing throughout all these scenes. What do you want to bet that PUSA will replace it with like eigth different music tracks?
    I'm glad that PUSA kept the music he's talking about. It lasted quite a while...

EDIT: Oh my gosh! That Japanese music that plays when the boat leaves at the end of the episode! I haven't heard that music in the dub in forever!
    Last edited by Rex Kamex; 20th June 2009 at 3:28 PM.
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

Really good episode. It's getting me excited once the Spear Pillar arrives in the anime. Much tension.

Mars was way more awesome and sinister in this episode. Uh, just more cuter. XD

And wooh, Carnivine learns Vine Whip. Way to save the day by the villains. But I kind of laugh seeing Mime Jr. cry as well. What else could I expect?

Way to see how Ash and Barry get along. And so does his Pokemon to Ash's.

But now, off to Chocovine Town. Or are we.
    Last edited by the1stpkmnfan; 20th June 2009 at 3:38 PM.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

I could've sworn I saw Chavon during the Team Galactic scenes when they trying to find the Spear Pillar, I wonder when will he make another debut appearance? Creating a huge forcefield out of aura to trap the explosions was pretty neat. As for Iron Island itself being created from a meteor, that is something I didn't know.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast