Thread: The Prophecy

Default The Prophecy (Ikarishipping)

Heyy! I wrote this story a really long time ago (maybe a year or so back?) after being inspired by Encyclopika's AMAZING story: Demons of Metropolis. (you should def. check it out!) I have finished this story but am going to post it as chapters because I have to locate all the different files and I'm going to re-write some parts. Please be patient! (Sorry the first chapter is so short, I have to find the second! >.<)

2 announcements!

One, this story is no where near as good as Encyclopika's so I suggest you read hers if you want a well written, thought out drama.

Two, I am dedicating this story to Encyclopika for inspiring me so long ago! You rock!

The Prophecy
    Ikarishipping
    Rated PG-13-NC17
    Chapter 1

“It’s the thief in the night to come and grab you…
    it can creep up inside you and consume you…
    release me… disturbia…am I scaring you yet?
    … Disturbia…

…bam bam bam di dam bam bam di dam dam…”

The streets were desolate and bleak, slowly rotting to the ground. Crumbling buildings and ruins covered the area. A light rain was falling on the empty city. Everything looked like a grayscaled frame. Parts of old stores, tenements and apartments lay on the ground scattered like litter. This was present day Veilstone City. It is locked away by an unforgivable prophecy. The city was deserted of all life; Pokemon and mortals alike. The ruins themselves were so desolate and reeking of death that being near one would intoxicate you with a depression so strong, suicidal thoughts would sound like miracles. Bleak, decript, austere, and grave were among the few fiting adjectives that described the forsaken city. One of the few, partially standing buildings was a striking, old, stone mansion, gray as the crumbling concrete of the underworld. It was located on Silverwood Street. Silverwood was just as bleak and desolate as the rest of the city and the gray cobblestone roads had potholes that were slowly forming puddles. These puddles reflected the dark clouds that loomed over the forsaken city. The trees were all bare and dead. The only living plant life was an overgrown thorn bush that had taken over the outer wall protecting the half dead manor. The Fallen City

Piles of ash lay on the ground scattered about. One pile in particular lay at the bottom of a pothole, slowly filling with water. The water reflected gray and black with small drops falling into it. Plink! Plop! Plink! Plop! Plink! Plop! Then a gray-pink boot stepped into it causing the ashes to go flying as the water clung to the boot, making it yet a shade grayer. The boot belonged to Dawn Summers.

As the seventeen year old girl made her way along the dead street, she shivered. She paused, and looked around for something. Finding nothing she sighed and the rain increased. Then the thunder clashed causing her to jump and she ran to a ruined building and hid under a small stone overhang. The overhang looked to have been part of an antique shop at one point before all the devastation reached the city. She shivered again and slid to the ground clutching her boots to her chest. She glanced to the side and yelped. Next to her were the remains of a dead organism. It looked like the cross between a raticate and some other pokemon she couldn’t quite decipher. During the time of turmoil, it wasn’t only humans that had been affected. The pokemon had begun interbreeding between species in a frantic attempt to survive, in vain. Dawn looked at the unfortunate creature and sighed again.

Then she heard footsteps and turned to see a purple-haired boy about her age or a little older come over and stand next to her. He wore ragged cobalt pants and a frayed, sleeveless shirt. His lavender locks hung threadbare on his forehead and his amethyst eyes glowed with a gleam that may have once been bright. Looking at the dead creature, he scowled. The boy opened his mouth to ask a question, but from the discouraged look on the girls beautiful visage, he decided against it. With a glance at the sky, he felt his jaw.

The girl noticed this and stood. Her clothes were just as dilapidated. The black and, once pink, dress had turned gray from the ash and demonic atmosphere. Her, formerly red, scarf was just as gray as the city, and if lost, would be impossible to find amongst the ruins. Her cerulean hair was dirty, matted, and hung in tatters around her face. The beanie hat was long gone somewhere far off in another portion of the city, lost, never to be worn again.

She parted the young man’s lips and looked inside. His top row of teeth were fine, as were the bottom. What she was worried about was the two pointed fangs on either side of his mouth on top. They gleamed pearly white at her as the girl removed her hands. The boy continued rubbing his jaw and the looked at the sky. Then he turned to her and Dawn smiled sadly. She brushed the violet bangs out of his face and pressed her lips gently on his. She felt the tips his fangs lightly on her lower lip. When they broke apart the rain was slowing down. He took her hand and pulled the blue-haired girl along the poor excuse for a decrepit road. As they walked he remembered the cursed day they had met…

The young purple-haired teen tore angrily through the forest. He swore he would never return to his horrid coven. They couldn’t do this to him! He would not let them! Absolutely not! He would live on his own, in Veilstone. The empty abandoned city was perfect and no-one would ever find him!

Suddenly he heard sobs. Curious, he crept foreword and saw a blue-haired girl about his own age, maybe younger, crying on the ground next to a corpse. They looked almost identical so he assumed it was her mother. The girl didn’t notice as the boy neared her. His fangs had been aching and he needed a supplement soon. When he was behind her the girl looked up and their eyes connected with a jolt. All ideas of her blood and virginity vanished as the boy stared into her sapphire eyes…

Dawn looked at the boy and wondered what he was thinking about.

“Do they hurt?” she asked quietly, her voice crippled with worry. He came out of the trance and smiled slightly.

“No.”

“Please don’t lie! Haven’t we been through enough?!” she pleaded.

“Don’t worry, if it ever gets bad I can just lip you.” He teased lightly. Dawn’s face didn’t change as he eyed her neck.

“You can…”she whispered leaning into him.

“You know I wouldn’t…” he whispered back and pressed his fangs gently against her neck. His fangs ached more as he reluctantly pulled back. She sighed and buried her face in his shoulder. The boy placed his cheek against the top of her head letting a few blue strands brush his face. Ever since they had grouped together, she had maintained black nails. He figured it was because of her mother and he glanced at her hand that was hanging at her side. Then he felt her start to pull away and he let go.

“Paul? You know you can lip me, I don’t mind. The effects aren’t that bad.” She whispered.

No matter how many times she said this, he knew he would never lip her or let anyone else either. He would protect her against all odds if anyone even dared to try. She was much to beautiful to be-

“No.” he said. Then the rain stopped completely and the clouds began to clear slowly. The full moon peeked from behind one. As the light hit him, Paul’s fangs began to ache unbearably. He moaned softly. Dawn looked at him sympathetically.

“Let’s find something for you.” She said and he nodded. They began searching and eventually found a mouse-like being. Paul picked it up and Dawn turned. She couldn’t bear to watch. She heard a small squeak and winced. Paul wiped his fangs perfectly clean for her, and discarded the poor creatures’ bloodless carcass out of her sight. His fangs temporarily stopped aching and the moon shown clearly through the clouds. He took her hand and pulled Dawn along again.

************************************************** *************************

They walked the empty, ruined streets until they came to the mansion wall intricately woven with years of thorn growth. Or you could call it expansion, as the thorns seemed to multiply and refused to die. Paul pulled them loosely aside and hoisted the girl up on top of the wall. But instead of hoping down the other side, she sat and gazed at the black, cloudy, starless yet moon filled sky. Paul hoisted himself up along side her.

She looked at him and, feeling silly, she asked

“How come you can’t fly like other vampires?”

“You don’t know other vampires, stupid girl.” He scowled half-heartedly. “And I told you not to call me a- … that.”

“Oops, I ment evil, blood devouring creature.”

He glared at her and Dawn giggled.

“Vampires don’t fly.” He said plainly. Dawn saw a strange look momentarily cross his face and she wondered what it ment. Was he lying? Probably not, why would he? “And you are incredibly brainless to think so.”

“They did in all the books at the Canlave Library!” she pouted, slightly defensive.

“Well not in real life!” he said.

“Whatever!” she rolled her eyes.

Paul hopped off the wall accidentally shoving her. He landed on his feet, but Dawn toppled backwards and landed on top of him.

“Clumsy girl!” he smirked in her face. Dawn didn’t move. She just stared into his violet eyes curiously. They seemed to have a faint red glow that she had never noticed before, despite how close she had been to him.

“You can get off!” he smirked again.

Blushing, Dawn rolled and sat cross-legged on the dead grass. Paul mimicked her position still smirking. Dawn poked a black nail into his mouth as the boy rolled his eyes. He opened his mouth like he was at a dentist. Dawn felt the tip of his right fang gently, before pulling her hand out of his mouth. Before she could put it back at her side, Paul grabbed it and pulled her closer to his side. He breathed into her ear.

“Troublesome girl, they don’t hurt anymore.”

Dawn turned her face to him, smiling.

“Prove it.” She whispered.

“Fine.” He answered.

His face was close enough, so Paul pressed his mouth against hers in a temperate kiss. He was careful not to poke her but it soon became hard. She opened her mouth slightly, inviting him in and Paul immediately took over. He pressed harder and softly ran his tongue over her bottom lip. Then he pressed even closer, but his fangs became a problem. Paul gave one last push and reluctantly pulled back. Dawn smirked faintly. Paul scowled playfully and pulled her into his lap. Dawn giggled then Paul began to tickle her sides.

“Stop it!” she shrieked between giggles. She rolled off his lap giggling hysterically. Paul smirked and gave one last tickle. Dawn swatted his purple-head playfully and Paul ducked dramatically.

Then they heard a noise and shot to their feet. Dawn’s heart began to pound loudly in her chest as Paul moved protectively in front of her. Who could it be? The city was completely deserted! It defiantly couldn’t be anyone…not detrimental. A figure dropped down from over the wall and landed in the shadow of a dead tree nearby.

“F*ck.” he muttered under his breath.

Dawn’s heart raced and she clutched Paul’s sleeve petrified…
    Yay! I have finished editing!
    Last edited by Drew'sBaby; 28th January 2009 at 5:34 PM.
    PM list for Jaded Envy
    -MayfanXD
    -May09
    -L0v3 is Evol

Advanceshipping <3 ^^ + Announcement: Spoilers are now up! Link for list is under banner as Jaded Envy Page
        Spoiler:- [tiny]chapter four:

Next up, the Prophecy.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew'sBaby View Post
    Pokemon and mortals alike.
    Meaning...pok&#233;mon are immortal ?

The trees were all bare and dead. The only living plant life was an overgrown thorn bush that had taken over the outer wall protecting the half dead manor. The Fallen City
    You could have given the linkto that pic after the chapter, as notes or something...
    By the way, that looks like a post WWII pic...

And besides that, great description

Piles of ashes lay on the ground scattered about.
    ash.
    "Piles of ash" plain and simple ^^

She parted the young man’s lips and looked inside.
    lol why ? ^^

“Do they hurt?” she asked quietly, her voice crippled with worry. He came out of the trance and smiled slightly.

“No.”

“Please don’t lie! Haven’t we been through enough?!” she pleaded.

“Don’t worry, if it ever gets bad I can just lip you.” He teased lightly. Dawn’s face didn’t change as he eyed her neck.
    Wow, it's really obvious you were insipred by Demons of Metropolis, since you're making Paul act like Drew...
    Which is not good. He has a distinct personnality...
    Unless something happened to him that drasticly changed him, this qualifies as a tad OOC for me.

Ok, so they love each other...that's a given

But besides that, I'm waiting for explanations on the plot
    Cause the writing is good. Very good ^^

Keep it up !
    Because of serebiiforums, my Life has been put on hold...

...wait, that sounds wrong...
    ...yeah, it's the other way around.

My Works : A, B, C, D, E

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_shipper View Post
    Meaning...pokémon are immortal ?
    No but they are not mortals either, really.

lol why ? ^^
    It will be better explained later, bt as of now all you know is that she feels guilty and to some extent responsible.

Wow, it's really obvious you were insipred by Demons of Metropolis, since you're making Paul act like Drew...
    Which is not good. He has a distinct personnality...
    Unless something happened to him that drasticly changed him, this qualifies as a tad OOC for me.
    Well, at the time I wrote this, I had only read the first chapter. I recently finished it a week ago. Maybe? Or two. o.o? For now, Paul is much more compassionate towards Dawn because of recent events that will be explained in later chapters. But don't worry. Cold Paul will be back in the next chappie! ^^
    PM list for Jaded Envy
    -MayfanXD
    -May09
    -L0v3 is Evol

Advanceshipping <3 ^^ + Announcement: Spoilers are now up! Link for list is under banner as Jaded Envy Page

story on hold. maybe for good.
    PM list for Jaded Envy
    -MayfanXD
    -May09
    -L0v3 is Evol