Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Misty's Psyduck

Default Misty's Psyduck

Something I noticed about Misty's appearances since she left the show and is now a reoccuring character. With the acception of Togepi, Psyduck was Misty's well known pokemon, the pokemon people accosiated (excuse my spelling) with Misty. It had a running gag with her, and is most funniest pokemon, now I find it strange that when Misty appeared in Hoenn, in the Togepi episodes, Misty used, Togepi, Corsola, and Gyrados. Why didn't Psyduck appear? Then she reappeared at the end of Hoenn, back in Pallet Town and travelling to Ceruleon City, the pokemon we saw with her was Azurill. Now that would of been a good time for Psyduck to show up. Then she yet again appeared in the Pokemon 10th anniversary special. The pokemon she used here were Staryu and Gyrados.
    So my point is, will we see Psyduck when Misty next reappears? Hopefully, but if it is anything like the her other appearances, then No. But why don't the writers have Psyduck with her anymore? Surely it would of taken over the role as Misty's main pokemon after Togepi left.
    Thoughts?

Banned List:
    CyberCubed
    Last edited by KingMinun; 8th February 2010 at 12:25 AM.
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

I miss Psyduck and found it kind of odd that it hasn't been with Misty in any of her reappearances considering it and Togepi were her most popular pokemon. Hopefully it will pop up with Misty in the future.

Well Mistys Psyduck after she left the show appeared quite a bit during pokemon chronicles,so i guess writers probably wanted to showcase some o her other pokemon during cameo appearances.

However seeing how rarely(by this i mean extremely rarely) she appears in these days,is pretty much the reason for not seeing Psyduck or any other pokemon of hers.
    Let face it unless she returns to cast,pople can say goodbye to her or pokemon.So much unfinished things,and thngs she could offer making with her great character show better never being used,oh well.

Next time she returns(hopefully something more than cameo),perhaps there will be Psyduck shown again(i miss her and that yellow duck) but it depnds on writers.Who knows maybe by now he became more competent in battling?Probably no,but thats why we love him,lol.

I'm currently watching all the episodes in order. I'm in the late part of season 1 and psyduck is having more of a presence now.
    R.I.P. Max 8/8/1996 - 12/31/2008
    I love you, I miss you.

Psyduck was in a few of the specials. Overall though, Psyduck barely appeared back in Johto either. It only had a few eps in Johto.

This is nothing new. Most of Misty's appearances aren't battle-centered anyway.

She's also had very few appearances at all since the end of Johto, so its not like we've been seeing her much. It's been what...nearly 5 years and 270+ episodes since she last appeared?

I miss Psyduck to her Psyduck was so funny.

Psyduck's gag stopped for the most part in Johto. You can count Psyduck's major appearances on one hand.

Psyduck interrupting every single battle Misty had got old, because of that, Misty was actually in hardly any serious battles.

Did we get to see Misty have an epic battle from time to time? We couldn't, because Psyduck kept popping out every single time. Thank god in Johto this stopped

Yes nothing was resolved with her Psyduck. It did not win battles in the end, and in fact stayed the same in whole the show.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Quote Originally Posted by Ash-kid View Post
    It did not win battles in the end.
    Um Jessie's Lickintung, and Ash's Kingler would like to say hi!

awwwww i totally forgot about psyduck, he was frickin rad, i love how he basically caught himself, bless his little flippers

Slappa da beeyuss

made by Buraddo_Aipom

Yorkshire is a place... Yorkshire is a state of mind

Quote Originally Posted by KingMinun View Post
    Um Jessie's Lickintung, and Ash's Kingler would like to say hi!
    Are you honestly thought it was good for Psyduck to win cheap battles instead of fair fights?

Misty probably wouldn't have won either battle if it wasn't for Psyduck copping out.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Are you honestly thought it was good for Psyduck to win cheap battles instead of fair fights?

Misty probably wouldn't have won either battle if it wasn't for Psyduck copping out.
    Meh a wins a win I guess. Its not like it cheated.

Meh a wins a win I guess. Its not like it cheated.
    Still pretty terrible victory, and says nothing about Misty's battle skill. If anything Psyduck should be disqualified from official tournaments, but its not like the judges knew Misty couldn't control it.

I remember many people being outraged the way Misty beat Ash in the Whirl Cup, especially since Kingler was a very strong Pokemon.

It's like the writers knew Misty stood no chance of beating Ash legitimately, so they had her cop out with Psyduck. They did the same thing in the Totodile battle, where Misty used Togepi to prevent Ash from using Pikachu.

Yeah but that goes to show that Misty is a great trainer, she knew that Pikachu wouldn't hurt Togepi, which meant that Pikachu couldn't battle, so really that was herr using her brain.

I miss psyduck loved the comedy he added to the show

Credit to Gladeshadow for the team pose
    Credit to Northernlights for the amazing badge

Platinum FC: 0130-9071-2451
    Diamond FC: 3566-4498-7938

Yeah but that goes to show that Misty is a great trainer, she knew that Pikachu wouldn't hurt Togepi, which meant that Pikachu couldn't battle, so really that was herr using her brain.
    Yeah, because as said, she knew Pikachu would beat many of her water pokemon easily.

I can't see Misty ever seriously beating Ash in a battle.

Yeah, because as said, she knew Pikachu would beat many of her water pokemon easily.

That is serious battling though, she knew alot about her oppenent and she used that for her battle, knowing Pikachu would be able to take down her team, she used a pokemon it would never fight against, and because of that it makes her a serious trainer, How are you not getting this?

So wait a minute, you're saying using a Togepi that could not even battle, in order to get Pikachu to run away, was a, "great strategy?"

I admit that was funny, but in terms of battling, all that showed is that Misty did not believe she could ever beat Ash fairly.

I have no idea why the writers handled most of Misty's battles like that or with Psyduck. Getting to see Misty in a serious battle felt like a miracle because it hardly ever happened. At least they started to allow the females to battle finally after she left.

To see Misty with a Golduck would be amazing. It's Psychic powers would be strong.

(I keep a Golduck on my Rain Dance team).

I miss my "Psy-ay-aaaaayyyyy!"

Would have been nice to see her have a Golduck eventually, but oh well.

The writers pretty much shafted most of Misty's Pokemon to the point where they hardly did anything (Togepi, Goldeen), gotten rid of early on (Starmie and Horsea), or just plain happened too late like Politoed and Corsola.

It's like the writers had no clue how to handle Misty's Pokemon half the time. But that's ok, its not like we were missing out on any battles.

CyberCybed please leave my topic, your only starting to cause a flame war and your complaining about Misty yet again, please leave.

I'm sure Misty's Psyduck probably won't appear whenever Misty appears again, given that her appearance probably won't be battled centered.

If she appears at Pallet, (and that's a strong if, as she wasn't at Pallet in the last AG ep), it'll probably just be another short meet and greet.

Misty's Psyduck ruined a majority of her battles way back when, so all I have to say is good riddance. It got seriously annoying after a very short time.

And,if she were to appear, she'd be more likely to use Corsola, because that seems to be her main battling Pokemon/signature Pokemon now.

psyduck is in the gym learning how to swim lol
    I JUSS WANNA BATTLE SO IM CALLIN U OUT IF U TINK U CAN TAKE ME ON

SEND ME A PM IF YOU WANT TO BATTLE

It's like the writers knew Misty stood no chance of beating Ash legitimately, so they had her cop out with Psyduck.
    God you still dont know why Psyduck was brought up in battle?Writers wanted to ad some comedy into whole battle between Ash and Misty and their whole rivarly.

You really are delusional.Times change,trainers become stronger(though if she stays at gym,she will never become top trainer) becoming better.

Just because some of her battles in past against Ash were rather won on "element of surprise"(first battle at gym wasnt with both of them being tyed),that doesnt mean how same thing would happen in future.

Given how her team got builded up in form of Gyarados,aswell having some pretty strong pokemon like Staryu,Politioed or Corsola(most likely she got some new pokemon too,or someone evolved by now),she could represent challnge for Ash.

So wait a minute, you're saying using a Togepi that could not even battle, in order to get Pikachu to run away, was a, "great strategy?"
    It was in a way because Misty knew Ashs Pikachu wont be capable of beating Togepi(you know why),allowing her to get rid of biggest treat for her water types instantly.

Thats called smart thinking and calculated planning.

I admit that was funny, but in terms of battling,
    WAIT,CyberCubed admitted how Misty did something good with Johto having funny episode???Wow this was something unexpected.

all that showed is that Misty did not believe she could ever beat Ash fairly.
    You really dont know what your talking about.She seemed pretty confindent in owning Ash in "Waterflowers of Cerulean City" or in Whirl Cup believing she can beat him with Psyduck popping out not being her intention.

It's like the writers had no clue how to handle Misty's Pokemon half the time.
    Like they didnt had clue how to handle Brocks or Ash pokemon back than.About his Johto team you are quite vocal.

Since than writers became more experienced handling groups pokemon better.

CyberCybed please leave my topic, your only starting to cause a flame war and your complaining about Misty yet again, please leave.
    Doesnt he always does this?Like its case with thirds time in a row(just under different name)thread being made pointing out how Misty didnt returned in Sinnoh,which as i prediced failed miserably thanks to bunch of haters who started claiming ridiculous things.

Im pretty sure we wont wait too long for another to pop up,causing even more frustrations and arguing.

It would be much easier if he admitted already whether he likes or hates said character,instead implying these things in threads.

I'm sure Misty's Psyduck probably won't appear whenever Misty appears again, given that her appearance probably won't be battled centered.
    You dont know that.It might or not be battle oriented,it depends on writers with what they would come up with.Even mr.Hidaka said in interview how she might appear for some tournament.

If she appears at Pallet, (and that's a strong if, as she wasn't at Pallet in the last AG ep), it'll probably just be another short meet and greet.
    Things change,writers change,events change.You can never know for sure what will happen in future just like its case with Misty with noone having idea when and for how long she will return.
    Writers can do whatever they want,and they could even return her to main cast.Afterall reasons for return exist conidering how he story never received resolution(like her dream for which travelling is needed) with gym being job out of obligation,along with plenty of unused material being left allowing for advancement with lot of fresh and new things being done wit her(more than its case with lot of others).

They are in charge deciding what will happen,not you or anyone else.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 8th February 2010 at 8:30 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast