Page 50 of 90 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 2226

Thread: Pokemon in Australia

i really want to get season 12 since i have seasons 1-11 in box set form but its not widescreen

but i want season 13 the most and thats not even widescreen whhyyyyyyyyy
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

just like to point out that for the season 12 boxset, discs 1, 2 and 3 are just a repackage from Galactic Battles Collection 1.

That's incredibly random and unnessecary, but hey - even if the thing falls apart and the discs get scratched, it does look like they've actually put a bit of effort into a well-presented box set.

Surprised that EzyDVD didn't catch wind of it earlier, but if anything - it means that this one was only recently decided on, and there will probably be more releases announced for September 14th.

I will be incredibly pissed off if the last 17 episodes of DP are only made available in a massive "Sinnoh" box.

What's really strange about this box is that it's 22 discs, which means they have to be a new print, because Kanto and OI are 26 discs on the super wallet versions, and 13 discs on the Digipaks.

Edit: Holy runtime, that must be a mistake - because 3872 minutes divided by 22 (which is what all the other Pokemon sets have as their per-episode runtime) is 176. Last time I checked there were only 115 dubbed episodes in Kanto and OI.

Never mind, I missed the bit about BF being there, too.
    Last edited by Thingamajig; 26th May 2011 at 1:41 PM.

I don't know about you people, but I'm not worried about the whole aspect ratio thing.
    I'm just happy that episodes of the Pokemon anime are being released on DVD.
    I See Events of Long Ago, and Things Which Have Not Yet Come to Pass...

Feb 24, 2012: The day I beat the Elite Four, N and Ghetsis.

Final Pokemon Black Team:
    Simipour - Lv. 83.
    Serperior - Lv. 83.
    Zebstrika - Lv. 84.
    Unfezant - Lv. 85.
    Dragonite - Lv. 100.
    Mewtwo - Lv. 100.

Unova Dex: Seen 150/Caught 130.
    National Dex: Seen 600/Caught 551.

Yeah, well... I don't know if it's worth holding out for a widescreen release - but it still annoys me slightly, because it becomes so obvious after a bit of watching that the episode was animated with the extra width in mind... and while the cropping never really makes the episodes unwatchable, the missing picture does detract slightly. Cartoon Network played the episodes in widescreen - and even before the channel itself made the transition, it played the episodes letterboxed in the 4:3 frame. So WS masters/copies definitely exist in Australia.

At least we get the movies in widescreen. Even if I'm not that pumped for a repack and fullscreen season 12 - I am really excited about getting the Arceus and Zoroark movies on Blu-Ray. Simply the fact that the Arceus movie came with subtitles, a menu, and a decent 5.1 surround track on DVD gives me hope that the PQ on these Blu-Rays will be half-decent as well.

I just got home from my local K-mart and I found out that they have the Zoroark movie available for purchase. It has the Celebi card inside which I didn't know about. I checked the case and it say's it's from Australia even though I thought it wasn't released until next week.
    MY SHINIES LOPUNNY(RE) First, GOLEM(RE),LIEPARD(RE), LOR GYARADOS, NINETALES(MM), MAGMORTAR(RE)

pokemon episodes stays on channel 10 after diamond and pearl ends on june 9th with a confirmed episode on june 10th at 7:00am i wonder if it will be sinnoh league victors and black and white starts on the 7:30am weekend slot
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

The way things are going, I think the Saturday morning slot will be like Cartoon Network in the US and just play the episodes in order one week at a time, and BW will start once season 13 ends. What episode of SLV are they up to at the moment?

The last episode Toasted TV played of Season 13 - Ash won his final badge.

Simipour - Lv. 83.
    Serperior - Lv. 83.
    Zebstrika - Lv. 84.
    Unfezant - Lv. 85.
    Dragonite - Lv. 100.
    Mewtwo - Lv. 100.

Well then, I think we'll be seeing season 14 in about 13 weeks then. The weekday ones will probably continue onto season 11 or start season 10 again. SLV will finish on August 20th and the rest of season 13 will probably be out on DVD on September 14th - the same day as that massive box set.
    Last edited by Thingamajig; 30th May 2011 at 2:10 PM.

Double post I know, but I just got the Zoroark movie on Blu-Ray. And, well... it may as well be on VHS that's how bad the PQ is.

... Just kidding, both movies look absolutely gorgeous in HD, the original masters and encoding both seem top notch. If you've got a BD player, definitely go for the Blu-Ray versions. There aren't any subtitles, though... But that's a minor complaint at best.

omg zoroark on blu ray is amazing especially on a 1080p full hd 55 inch brand new plasma with 6000000:1 ratio but on the downside the movie is only 720p still the most amazing thing i have ever seen
    Latest AmourShipping AMV

Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.) View Post
    but on the downside the movie is only 720p still the most amazing thing i have ever seen
    Really? I honestly couldn't tell that it was only 720p, it still looked fantastic. Especially after I popped in a season 12 disc in the same player. It was... not as nice looking.

I do hope Magna goes through their back catalogue and releases all their movies on BD. I would kill for Lucario and the Mystery of Mew in HD.

Edit: Speaking of not as nice looking, could someone else with a season 12 set (either Colelction 1 or the whole thing, seeing as the disc is probably exactly the same print) play "Battling a Cute Drama". On my disc, all the scenes where Piplup looks all ghostly after Marilyn insults him have been cut out and it's all jumpy... is that the case with anyone else?
    Last edited by Thingamajig; 31st May 2011 at 9:04 AM.

are season 12 widescreen and season 13 ill wait for season 13 due to being released in a full set they always do that and its not widescreen plus the first 17 episodes are worst then the last 17 cause the last 17 have the sinnoh league and grand festival
    Latest AmourShipping AMV

Both seasons 12 and 13 are 4:3, which is a little disappointing. The first episode of the Grand Festival is on SLV Collection 1.

Today I bought the following:
    Pokemon DP Galactic Battles Box Set
    Sinnoh League Victors Collection 1
    Zoroark: Master of Illusions (couldn't find it on Blu-ray).

Simipour - Lv. 83.
    Serperior - Lv. 83.
    Zebstrika - Lv. 84.
    Unfezant - Lv. 85.
    Dragonite - Lv. 100.
    Mewtwo - Lv. 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Atreyu View Post
    Today I bought the following:
    Pokemon DP Galactic Battles Box Set
    Sinnoh League Victors Collection 1
    Zoroark: Master of Illusions (couldn't find it on Blu-ray).
    is sinnoh league victors widescreen also the blu ray of zoroark was in my kmart but it sold out instantly and theres 2 copys left at my sanity and targets all out so check jb hi fi
    Latest AmourShipping AMV

the aspect ratio for SLV Collection 1 is 4:3.

Simipour - Lv. 83.
    Serperior - Lv. 83.
    Zebstrika - Lv. 84.
    Unfezant - Lv. 85.
    Dragonite - Lv. 100.
    Mewtwo - Lv. 100.

omg i cannot believe it sinnoh league should be full screen ill wait till its widescreen b4 i get it

plus since magna are milking pokemon why not release pokemon dvds on blu ray like sinnoh league victors??

also there is a full run of pokemon continueing so i really hope its sinnoh league victors i guess we will have to wait but im guessing battle dimesnion i dont want it but we might have 2 deal with it but the uk are getting black and white why cant we??
    Last edited by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N); 1st June 2011 at 9:04 AM.
    Latest AmourShipping AMV

omg i cannot believe it sinnoh league should be full screen ill wait till its widescreen b4 i get it

plus since magna are milking pokemon why not release pokemon dvds on blu ray like sinnoh league victors??
    They might be testing the waters with the movies first to see if there's actually a market for bluray Pokemon DVD's. It'll all depend on the sales. If the sales are good enough then yeah we'll probably get massive milking there aswell.

I got my DVD's. Been watching the season 12 boxset I got.^-^
    Got alot to go through though. Also have the bluray movies to watch aswell.

Put together by me.

Because Magna Pacific wouldn't have access to HD masters for the Pokemon series, and could only produce upscales. Even the recent Pokemon movies on Blu-Ray are clearly upscales, as I expected.

Anime companies in Japan usually don't allow HD releases on Blu-Ray, until the Japanese releases, due to fears of reverse importations.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirben View Post
    Because Magna Pacific wouldn't have access to HD masters for the Pokemon series, and could only produce upscales. Even the recent Pokemon movies on Blu-Ray are clearly upscales, as I expected.

Anime companies in Japan usually don't allow HD releases on Blu-Ray, until the Japanese releases, due to fears of reverse importations.
    They did an alright job if they are upscales. My blu-rays looked nice on my HD. I guess it really helps being a cartoon.
    Last edited by The Power of Pika; 2nd June 2011 at 12:29 AM.

Put together by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirben View Post
    Really? 720p I can buy because my TV's 42" and the difference between 720p and 1080p isn't that obvious... but the character outlines look too well-defined for it to be a mere upscale. The Blu-Ray of the Arceus movie looks nowhere near as blurry as the DVD. If it is an upscale, they did a fantastic job.

Quote Originally Posted by Thingamajig View Post
    Really? 720p I can buy because my TV's 42" and the difference between 720p and 1080p isn't that obvious... but the character outlines look too well-defined for it to be a mere upscale. The Blu-Ray of the Arceus movie looks nowhere near as blurry as the DVD. If it is an upscale, they did a fantastic job.
    A HD release of any of the Pokemon movies on Blu-Ray should be 1080p, since films are a higher resolution, than even Blu-Ray provides.

A true HD transfer should really improve the clarity and amount of detail, especially in the backgrounds. Signs or text would be good examples, although they are usually gibberish in Pokemon.

I'm not saying I think the Blu-Ray is only 720p, especially when it's been advertised as being in 1080p - I'm just that if someone was to come out and say it was 720p, I wouldn't immediately dismiss it as BS because I can't really tell the difference.

However, things like background or text clarity are pretty apparent in the credits of the HD version of the Zoroark movie, what with the animation of the crowds at the baccer match, or the fact that the gibberish characters on Rowan's newspaper can all be made out.

Page 50 of 90 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast