Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The crack shippings thread!

Default The crack shippings thread!

The crack shippings thread!

By: Endless_Summer

This thread is to talk about all those crack shippings in our pokémon fandom, and don't be afraid to scream "I love this pair", because here, the crack pokémon shippings rules

But wait! What's a "Crack Shipping"?
    Crack Shipping is the belief that two or more characters that never had a canon interaction are in a romantic relationship

Rules
    1. all Sppf and Shippers Community rules apply here
    2. Don't bash any Character or Shipping
    3. The main topic is Crack pair, so, no off topic posts
    4. Be respectful to everyone
    5. if you don't like crack shippings, just ignore this

You can be banned from this thread if you disobey any of this rules

Spoiler:- Our Crack Shippers:

Spoiler:- Crack Fanfics:

Spoiler:- Crack Videos:

Spoiler:- Crack Banners:

Let's spread the crack love ;D
    Last edited by BubChan; 11th February 2015 at 9:23 PM.
    The World is mine ♥

"Love You Mama, Love You May"

AdvanceShipping PokéShipping WishfulShipping SequelShipping

Isn't this kind of thread pretty similar to the one I made about rare shippings?

Anyway, since I support quite a few, I'll just start with two and give out more as more people post.

My favorite crackship (and my OTP in general) is Othelloshipping! They've never met and they are from different verses! From what is known about Hilda, she has things in common with Ash such as being the "Chosen One" of a legendary pokemon. She apparently also loves battles like Ash if she invites herself as your partner in the battle subway.

She and Ash would be relatable, Ash would love her personality and Hilda is IMO the most compatible mate for Ash!

My other favorite is Furthershipping. They haven't met nor are from the same verse either. However, the (fanfic) idea that Leaf is a childhood friend of Ash is one of the reasons I support it. This ship is basically a 50/50 blend of Othelloshipping and Amourshipping.

Othelloshipping in the sense that they could have that same kind of "fun with each other" type of relationship while they were on their journeys, and Amourshipping in the sense that they also had a history and I personally would picture Ash being there for her when "her best friend stopped playing with her and became a bully". He'll become her new best friend and she would fall for him for the same reason Serena fell for him: his kind heart.

Best 2 ships EVA! The former being aggressively written for by me

Add me to your crack shippers list ASAP!
    Last edited by Satoshi & Touko; 3rd February 2015 at 7:43 PM.
    Hi everyone! I love being involved in the shipper's community, and even though I have decided to retire from fanfiction-dot-net, I still support Othelloshipping!

Yes! I am the world's biggest Othelloshipper because Ash and Hilda are the perfect pair IMO!

Othello is a great shipping, i used to ship them before the BW anime, i like Iris, but i would love to see they interacting, it's great so see a great Othelloshipper! About me, i love OutcryShipping (Paul x May) and NovelShipping (Paul x Misty), Paul is so cold, and i think that he needs a sweetheart, and the fanarts are so cute, so i need to ship, i like FrenchRoseShipping too, Drew and Serena are so romantic, they would be a great match, Gary x Drew looks so sexy! So i ship it xD

And about your thread, sorry, i totally forgot to check before creating this
    The World is mine ♥

Quote Originally Posted by BubChan View Post
    Othello is a great shipping, i used to ship them before the BW anime, i like Iris, but i would love to see they interacting, it's great so see a great Othelloshipper! About me, i love OutcryShipping (Paul x May) and NovelShipping (Paul x Misty), Paul is so cold, and i think that he needs a sweetheart, and the fanarts are so cute, so i need to ship, i like FrenchRoseShipping too, Drew and Serena are so romantic, they would be a great match, Gary x Drew looks so sexy! So i ship it xD

And about your thread, sorry, i totally forgot to check before creating this
    Oh I don't personally mind. I'm happy there is another thread like this up. I'm just a little uncertain if the mods would keep this open, but there is a notable difference between this thread and that one (rare vs crack; they can be two different things), so I think it would be fine.

I think the reason why I can ship a lot of crack ships is because there are so many and I choose whether or not to support a ship mostly by whether or not I feel character A is good for character B...and vice versa. So many different ships to explore and with pokemon having so little romance, most ships ARE crack or un-canon. Othello and Further are my top two, but I only write fanfics for the former due partly to time constraints.

I accepted your friend request by the way
    Hi everyone! I love being involved in the shipper's community, and even though I have decided to retire from fanfiction-dot-net, I still support Othelloshipping!

Yes! I am the world's biggest Othelloshipper because Ash and Hilda are the perfect pair IMO!

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi & Touko View Post
    Oh I don't personally mind. I'm happy there is another thread like this up. I'm just a little uncertain if the mods would keep this open, but there is a notable difference between this thread and that one (rare vs crack; they can be two different things), so I think it would be fine.
    I think that Rare pairings are those who people hardly ship, Crack Shipping is the belief that two or more characters that never had a canon interaction are in a romantic relationship (That's what i said on the first post xD), so yeah, i don't think they're similar, so, i believe that this one is fine, anyway, i think i should create a topic, right?

Why do you ship crack shippings in pokémon?
    The World is mine ♥

Rare pairings or crack pairings, most things I ship in the Pokemon world fall under both classifications... So count me in this thread too! XD

For pretty much the reason I just listed. Most characters I happen to like together have little to no interaction at all in canon. Like...canon hints are great and all, but for something like the main series Pokemon games, it's hard for some of the supporting characters to get fleshed out, including their relationships. This is why I think it's fun to ship in the Pokemon fandom because you can imagine how character A would interact with character B even if they haven't spoken two words to each other in canon. I have plenty of favorite characters, but because many of them don't important with each other, they fall under crack/nevermet status. lol

Some of my favorite crack ships include:
    - BeatDownShipping (Flint/Elesa -- probably crack OTP if I don't count AlexandrianShipping)
    - SteelCareShipping (Steven Stone/Jasmine)
    - SpookShipping (Morty/Valerie)
    - MoltenEarthShipping (Blaine/Bertha -- at least when they were younger lol)
    - DarkSteelShipping (Steven Stone/Cynthia)
    - EliteFireShipping (Flint/Malva)

...I have plenty more, but that's all I'll list. lol

♡ EsotericShipping | JewelLifeShipping | NeoChromeShipping | TriforceShipping | VarianceShipping ♡

Count me in as well, screaming fangirl mode switch on ehehe

Wow I never thought someone would start this thread, cheers for the crack shippers

Ehem, for me because this is how I got to enter myself to the shippers community, i mean entering the fandom naming pairs. Like how I got to ended up a pair that is rarely seen. Besides there's nothing wrong with shipping a character and another character which had never interact or crossed each other.

And for the crack shippings that I like, I usually would pick on the character Courtney or Dahlia ( much like how Vycksta would name her pairs)

Then maybe some female heroines too especially Dawn and Serena

I can't make a list cause it will be really long and ambiguous to read for you guys to read, but one of the crack shippings i like is Lyra/ Serena ( both girls who are as sweet as candy , ConfectioneryShipping i think was the name of the pair)
    Last edited by SerenaForTheWin; 4th February 2015 at 7:02 AM.
    The 2015 Fanservice anime of the year goes to Isuca

They're the same
        Spoiler:- nothing here:

There's nothing to see here

Because it's fun to speculate how certain characters will interact! It also adds more variety in ships to find and some characters just feel like they'd be a good match.

I support a ton of crack ships, but some of my favorites are N/Lyra, Hilda/Serena, Aarune/Zinnia, Aarune/Lisia, Lucas/Leaf, Red/Hilda, Ritchie/Leaf, Ritchie/Hilda, Tracey/Leaf, Clemont/Emma, and too many more.

Quote Originally Posted by MonMonCandie View Post
    For pretty much the reason I just listed. Most characters I happen to like together have little to no interaction at all in canon. Like...canon hints are great and all, but for something like the main series Pokemon games, it's hard for some of the supporting characters to get fleshed out, including their relationships. This is why I think it's fun to ship in the Pokemon fandom because you can imagine how character A would interact with character B even if they haven't spoken two words to each other in canon.
    You described the pokémon crack shippings so perfectly, i totally agree with you, there are many characters that should interact, they could be friends, rivals, best buddies or even fall in love with each other, Pokémon is great for crack shippings, because there's a lot of characters, so we can get crack shippings for everybody xD
    The World is mine ♥

^ Thanks! So here's a new question:

Do you have any 'first meeting' headcanon for one/some of your crack ships?

I guess for now, I'll explain my crack ships for Flint because they are honestly the most amusing ones to me.

For BeatDownShipping: I had this idea that Elesa was acquainted with Cynthia whenever she visited Unova for the summer. One day, Elesa went to visit Cynthia at Caitlin's villa in Undella Town, only for Flint to open the door and for Elesa to find out that Cynthia was momentarily out. Elesa decided to wait for Cynthia to return, leaving things awkward between Flint and herself until Flint decided to make a joke which Elesa reciprocated. Eventually, they were throwing down puns and everything; though Flint would admit he wasn't initially sure how to act around Elesa because she reminded Flint of Volkner on one of his 'off-days' (off-days being a stoic!Volkner). However, now that he had an idea of Elesa's real personality, he starts flirting with her, but Cynthia catches him in the act and isn't amused (though Elesa didn't mind). And thus the start of a beautiful friendship emerged! :P

For EliteFireShipping: It takes place some time before either person were part of the Elite Four. Flint is still a travelling Trainer and Malva has just started her job as a junior reporter for a local television station (probably not yet for the Holo Caster). Anyway, long story short: Flint ended up accidentally spilled Malva's drink and whip cream pastry all over her when he tries his hand at rollerblading. This caused Malva's extreme dislike for Flint, but he's too optimistic to really care and appreciates the fact that Malva's also a Fire-type Trainer. Flint pretty much hangs around Malva during his stay in the Kalos region and Malva slowly develops a soft spot for him. I like to think feelings were unrequited on Malva's side because I need a reason for why she might be such a grouch when it comes to romance with her future endeavor with Siebold... *whistles innocently*

And on a side note, I suddenly had this brilliant idea for an Aarune/Lisia first impressions!fic that suddenly turned shippy and now, I may sort of like it (the pairing that is). I've been in love with Lisia since yesterday, but give me a few weeks... xD

♡ EsotericShipping | JewelLifeShipping | NeoChromeShipping | TriforceShipping | VarianceShipping ♡

Quote Originally Posted by MonMonCandie View Post
    ^ Thanks! So here's a new question:

ElectricDetective: I imagine Clemont would meet Emma one night during her patrols. He'd immediately be fascinated with her suit and offer to help her maintain it. Over time, the two grow closer- Clemont even helps Emma find crime with his inventions.

DragonRune: After the Delta Episode, Aarune decides to leave Hoenn to spread Super Secret Base culture to other regions. While he is leaving, he happens to run into Zinnia, who is also leaving Hoenn to think things over now that she has given up her Lorekeeper title. Zinnia is her usual self towards Aarune at first and teases him, but Aarune doesn't seem to let it get to him and enjoys bantering with her. The two realize that they have the potential to become good friends (or more?) and leave together, becoming a traveling duo with Aarune spreading word of his hobby and Zinnia trying to see if Aarune can help her find a new place in life.

Sunflower: Lucas in this canon is Rowan's assistant, not the protagonist. His studies take him to the Sevii Islands in Kanto. While there, he meets Leaf, who works as a nurse who travels throughout the islands since Nurse Joy needed help. Lucas decides to shadow Leaf and watch her work to help his studies.

And glad to see another GlobalAppealshipping fan. I don't have any headcanons on how they'd meet, sadly. Perhaps Aarune watches a contest by chance one day and approaches Lisia on how he can incorporate the appeal of contests into Super Secret Bases? Or he asks Lisia to help design new furniture for the bases? After seeing this adorable piece of fan art:
        Spoiler:- Image:

I can at least imagine Lisia designing some sort of coordinator outfit for Aarune.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Tactician View Post
    And glad to see another GlobalAppealshipping fan. I don't have any headcanons on how they'd meet, sadly. Perhaps Aarune watches a contest by chance one day and approaches Lisia on how he can incorporate the appeal of contests into Super Secret Bases? Or he asks Lisia to help design new furniture for the bases? After seeing this adorable piece of fan art:
        Spoiler:- Image:

I can at least imagine Lisia designing some sort of coordinator outfit for Aarune.
    That fanart looks neat! I know Aarune's clothes are Flygon-inspired, but he also reminds me of a soldier with all that green. Though I can totally see Lisia dressing him up. Haha.

For a Aarune/Lisia first meeting, I pretty much had the opposite of who-goes-to-who, but yours is awesome. lol I could see them meeting when Lisia catches Aarune looking for a Secret Base spot. She's intrigued by his sense of adventure and thinks it would be an awesome quality if Aarune were to participate in a Contest. So basically, Lisia attempted to scout him, but Aarune politely declined because Contests weren't his thing. Lisia doesn't have any hard feelings about it, but she likes talking to Aarune because he's so positive and she eventually keeps contact with him.

I see it as something like that. lol I'm actually in the process of working on a drabble for a 'what if' first meeting, so it might get my thought process across a lot better. xD

And here's another first meeting; for UnderworldShipping (Morty/Karen): I like to think that Morty is the son of a powerful, traditional family in Ecruteak. When he was younger, he tried to sneak out of the house to meet Eusine at the Burned Tower only to find Karen in the garden. Karen happens to be Agatha's apprentice and Agatha had come to Ecruteak to visit Morty's father; of whom she is friends with. Karen and Morty develop a short-lived acquaintanceship, but years later in present day HGSS, they rediscover each other through the Pokemon League and develop a loose big sister/little brother relationship. I also have a thing for Dark-type Trainers being interacting with Ghost-type Trainers.

ive supprted hilda/rosa since ge 5.5 ( its what i call blk2/wht2 ) and recently i started shipping lisa/may ( OR/AS) also i love the korrina/serena pair from X/Y too

ive always found these ships to be cute the fan art is also cute and adorable

^ I kind of like Hilda/Rosa too (and to that extent, Hilbert/Nate). It's like a little mentorship IMO.

Lisia/May and Korrina/Serena are cool too (ContestQueen has been growing on me), though I don't think they count as crack ships since both ships had canon interactions...unless you played the male characters with May and Serena as the NPCs. ;P Haha!

Quote Originally Posted by An9el View Post
    ive supprted hilda/rosa since ge 5.5 ( its what i call blk2/wht2 ) and recently i started shipping lisa/may ( OR/AS) also i love the korrina/serena pair from X/Y too

ive always found these ships to be cute the fan art is also cute and adorable
    I don't know if ContestQueen counts as crack since they meet when May is the protagonist, but it's one of my favorite May ships as well. Lisia is just too adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    I ship all kinds of crack Ash pairings, it's fun to ship my favorite characters XD
    Heck yeah it is! Especially when the two characters you're shipping are compatible with each other, such as Ash and Hilda! There isn't any girl that would be a more suitable mate for Ash than Hilda! Not even Serena :P At least that's how I feel That's why I'm insistent on making Othelloshipping a little bit more mainstream on fanfiction-dot-net!
    Last edited by Satoshi & Touko; 10th February 2015 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Tactician View Post
    I don't know if ContestQueen counts as crack since they meet when May is the protagonist, but it's one of my favorite May ships as well. Lisia is just too adorable.
    Yeah, no, they're not crack, you meet Lisia if you're playing with May, ContestQueen would be crack if they never talked to each other, but they talked, so yeah. But i agree, is such a cute shipping, i love it, and i'm proud because i gave the name for it, this make me love it even more! But this is a crack thread, so I'll not talk about it here

Of course, but some of them are really bad, my favorite is the BelleShipping (Dawn x Drew) 'first meeting'

Dawn is traveling around Hoenn, so of course she will join the Hoenn contest, Dawn is watching the tv while she's waiting for her turn, It's Drew turn, Dawn got surprised with his presentation, even more because Drew is a Good-looking guy, when he return to the waiting room, Dawn start's to look at him, her face started to blush and a lot of thoughts appeared in her mind, Drew noticed her, she turned her face quickly, but yeah, he noticed it :P, and then, they started to talk and became friends

I'll not explain how they fell in love for each other, because it would be a long fanfic right? and it's just to tell how was they're first meeting

Okay, new topic:
    How would be the child of your crack shipping?
    The World is mine ♥

I support a ton of crack pairings, who doesn't love them? Do you guys mind if I join this discussion?

Why do you ship crack shippings in Pokémon?

Because their such fun pairings, what more is there to say?

I've always been fond of pairings involving characters when it's likely that they'll ever meet, much less interact. But it's always fun to speculate how the two meeting would play out, much less think of what their relationship would actually be like.

Some of my favorite crack ships
    - Mockshipping (Paul x Ursula)
    - FourthWheelShipping (Max x Bonnie)
    - Shockingshipping (Volkner x Elesa)
    - Nate x May (idk what the ship name is)
    - Red x White (again, dk what the ship name is)

That's all I can think of now.

3DS Friend Code: 4871-6086-4217
    Tumblr | Matt's Secret Base | Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by BubChan View Post
    Okay, new topic:
    I'm sticking with Aarune/Lisia for now, since that's the one I support the most (to the point where it's probably my OTP for both, though Aarune/Zinnia and Lisia/May give it competition). I imagine that they'd have a son and a younger daughter. The son would take more after Lisia and be very much into contests, though he'd also be into decorating rooms thanks to the influence of his father's base hobby. He'd be energetic like the both of them, but a bit more theatrical. As for their daughter, she'd be a bit more adventurous and outdoorsy like her father, though she'd likely participate in Cool or Tough contests. She'd love to discover new things and always be wandering off to try and find a new secret base. She'd be the kind that can't stay in one place long. As for appearances, I imagine the son being lanky with blue hair and eyes like Lisia while the daughter would have blonde hair and brown eyes and be a bit muscular (a la Korra). The son would own an Audino and the daughter would have a Cacnea.

What the heck, I'll do Aarune/Zinnia too- they'd just have one daughter, and she'd act like the Aarune/Lisia daughter (minus the contest stuff). However, I imagine she'd be a bit more snarky and brash and maybe a bit of a prankster. Unlike the Aarune/Zinnia daughter, I can't see her really making a whole base and constantly going from base to base. I can see her wanting to become Lorekeeper like her mother was despite Zinnia passing it on to May (or Brendan). I also imagine the daughter bearing a strong resemblance to Zinnia, maybe with longer and more unkempt hair. Her Pokémon would be a Gible, though I can see her inheriting Aster if she's still around when Zinnia eventually passes. I also think that Zinnia would either pass her Mega Anklet (or whatever it was called) to her or giving her a bracelet that is similarly shaped to mega evolve with.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizz Nikki View Post
    I support a ton of crack pairings, who doesn't love them? Do you guys mind if I join this discussion?

Because their such fun pairings, what more is there to say?

I've always been fond of pairings involving characters when it's likely that they'll ever meet, much less interact. But it's always fun to speculate how the two meeting would play out, much less think of what their relationship would actually be like.

That's all I can think of now.
    Welcome to the thread sweetie Nate and May is ConcedeShipping and White x Red is HotPinkShipping, I think that i'll need to update the list now xD
    The World is mine ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Mizz Nikki View Post
    Oh wow, I like this one too! Volkner and Elesa are pretty much equal to each other and their not bad standing together either! This also just reminded me that I love KamikaShipping (Elesa/Jasmine). xD lol!

The only one I've ever really thought of was a love child for Volkner and Jasmine... I can see them with a single child, a boy. He'll probably more like his mother in certain areas (humble and polite), but because he idolizes and envies his father, the boy will often try to be cool and in control of his emotions. However, he can't hold the act for long periods of time because he's as expressive as Jasmine; the only difference is, he'll probably get over his embarrassment a lot faster than his mother. He will also be a little stubborn (like both his parents) and often tries his best to fix a problem by himself without asking for him. The boy will appreciate both Steel and Electric-types, but he has a higher affinity for the latter; his first Pokemon being a Shinx (which in a further headcanon, is the offspring of Volkner's Luxray). He will be a hard-worker in training his Pokemon to live up to the legacy his parents left as Gym Leaders, and one day, he hopes to succeed the Sunyshore Gym. I should also mention that he is very much loved by the Sunyshore Gym Trainers and he has a very close relationship with Meghan (who was the PokeKid Trainer) who he sees as a big sister. Not too sure what he would look like, but I could see him inheriting what used to be Jasmine's brown hair and blue eyes from her GSC design. He'd probably have Volkner's spiky hair. Not sure about clothes, but I could probably see his theme color being light blue and silver. Haha.

How am I just noticing this thread now? I just love crack pairing, they are just a ton of fun to ship, if you ask me.

So, I have to join this thread.

Like I said above, I have always found crack ships to be fun to ship, to be honest. I'm definitely a sucker for ships between characters when it's likely they'll ever get together and yes, I know it's unlikely we'll ever see a ship on Pokemon ever get together but it's always fun to speculate what their relationship would be like and, in the case of never-met ships, how their first time meeting would play out.

That's why I support some crack ships.

I do support a few of them. My favorite one is definitely Comashipping (it does count as crack ship to me). Ash and Paul's rivalry was just so heated that it's hard for me to ship them together.

Aside from Coma, I do support some other crack ships and I'll list them below.

• Hypershipping (Barry x Bianca)
    • Mockshipping (Paul x Ursula)
    • LongTianshipping (Lance x Skyla)
    • Atmossshipping (Falkner x Skyla)
    • Alexandrianshipping (Volkner x Jasmine)
    • Shockingshipping (Volkner x Elesa)
    • Concedeshipping (Nate x May)

Those are the only ones I can think of at the moment.

❤️ Pearlshipping | Agencyshipping | Hoennshipping ❤️

Quote Originally Posted by Victorian Rush View Post
    Those are the only ones I can think of at the moment.
    You couldn't think of Othelloshipping right off the bat?! How could you!?

Kidding! Anyway, Why do I ship crack shippings?

Technically, when it comes to deciding which ships to support, I primarily go for ships in which I think the two would go well together, whether it's crack or not. I ship a number of crack ships because based on what I see in a good ship, I found some that meet my criteria. The best example of course is Othelloshipping! Ash and Hilda fit together perfectly Sorry Serena, but not even you can compete with Hilda!
    Last edited by Satoshi & Touko; 17th February 2015 at 9:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi & Touko View Post
    You couldn't think of Othelloshipping right off the bat?! How could you!?
    Darn, I knew I was forgetting a ship.

I love Othelloshipping and this is pairing is constantly overlooked. I don't know how I forgot about it. Don't kill me, please.

I can't answer the topic about the child so it's hard to say.

What is your favorite crack shipping and why?

My favorite crack shipping is definitely Mockshipping. This is the only shipping involving Paul that I actually did rather like from the moment Ursula was introduced. To me, Paul and Ursula are just so alike, personality wise, it's hard for me not to ship them together. I can definitely see them together, to be honest. I always like to speculate how their first meeting would end up playing out.

Besides Mock, I also support Othello. Sorry, I forgot about this one. I love Hilda and I can definitely see her and Ash together. What more can I say? I don't know.

❤️ Pearlshipping | Agencyshipping | Hoennshipping ❤️

Satoshi & Touko, I still can't believe they didn't add her in the BW anime and instead put Iris. She would totally make that anime 100% better than it already is. Though I would totally ship PaulxHilda (I'm crazy like dat) and AshxSerena fits better to me than your view (Coming from a biast amourshipper :P)

Anyway, Othelloshipping is one of my crack ships as well as BrockxBonnie (If Bonnie was a lot older, because in its current state it would look WEIRD) The reason being is because they are probably the less oblivious people in Pokemon!
    Why you Americans rule out the letter 'U'? It has feelings too y'know :S

-----------------------------------
    FavoUrite sagas in order:XY=AG>DP>BW=OS
    FavoUrite anime: XY series, Gurren Lagann, Fairy Tail, Free!
    FavoUritepokemon: Latios
    Other favoUrites: Suicune, Honchkrow, Vaporeon, Torterra, Goodra
    FavoUritegames: Silver, Platinum, PMD:Sky, Black 2, X/Y, ORAS
    FavoUrite ships: Amour, Penguin, Contest
    Other ships to mention: Poke, Advance
    Ships I merely hate: Pearl (Though I love Dawn and Ash but I don't see a romantic connection)
    FavoUrite gens: 4>6>3>2>1=5

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast