Thread: Marrisonshipping (Alain x Mairin) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING!!)

Default Marrisonshipping (Alain x Mairin) General Discussion (SPOILER WARNING!!)

MarrisonShipping | Alan/Alain x Manon/Mairin

Credits to かゆ

Welcome to the official MarrisonShipping/Alan x Manon thread
    Marrisonshipping is the name given to the belief of Alan/Alain and Manon's/Mairin's potential in being involved in a romantic relationship. The name's origin comes from the French name Marriso (w/out the 'n'), which is used by X to name his Chespin in the Pokemon Adventures manga. Plus, Alain is the French form of Alan, and he was previously an assistant of Professor Sycamore in the lab where they give the starters to new trainers.

RULES

1. All SppF rules apply, as well as this forum's rules.
    2. No bashing or flaming. Respect other people's opinions and beliefs, as well as other characters and shippings.
    3. No double/triple/quadruple/5+ posts. Edit your previous post if you want to add or fix something. This forum lags sometimes, which usually results in unintentional multi-posting. If this occurs to you, remove the extra one immediately.
    4. Stay on-topic. Avoid discussing/commenting about the latest episodes, and do not talk about other shippings here (They have their own threads), unless they are related in a way or another to MarrisonShipping.
    5. No one-liners. In other words, avoid posts with just a single line. Elaborate more, otherwise they will be considered SPAM.
    6. If you wish to post a fan art, remember to give credit to the respective artist. In case you don't know who the artist is, say so.
    7. Each member will have three chances, before being banned from the thread.

MEMBER LIST

Spoiler:- Marrisonshippers:

FANFICTIONS

Spoiler:- Fanfictions:

FANARTS

Spoiler:- Fanarts:

AMVs

Spoiler:- AMVs:

BANNERS

Spoiler:- Banners:

POSSIBLE TOPICS

What do you love about MarrisonShipping?
    How do you think MarrisonShipping will be developed?
    What do you envision in this ship's future?

Any questions/suggestions are welcome.

With that said, have fun!
    Last edited by matthew11; 23rd December 2014 at 6:10 PM.

Heh, I think it's an interesting ship. I'mma join up

The thing I like most about this ship is how Mairin has turned Alain into a person who seems to have actual human emotion. Before he met her, he didn't seem like a person who cared about anything but becoming stronger. However, it's clear that he has started to care for her wellbeing.

Also, I think adding that Harimaron's French name is 'Marrison' and that Mairin dresses like a Harimaron would be better than mentioning X's Harimaron, since I don't think that's the reason for the ship's name.
    Last edited by Blood Red; 21st December 2014 at 12:34 PM.

My deviantART page, check it out if you want.

Sign me up as well

let's see the way i pair this ship is maybe manon can learn from alan - with manon as somehow like the student while alan is defintiely the mentor

the problem is alan doesn't seem to be concerned with manon, so maybe i hope i can see him a change of personality - i just want to see alan smile at least once then i'm ok with it
    Yeah I know there was a lot of hate towards Girlfriend (Kari), but I'm really not planning to drop it cause if I do that it will also mean that I'm dropping the current game I'm playing

They're the same
        Spoiler:- nothing here:

There's nothing to see here

for me it had to be the moment Lysandre, arguably one of the most evil men in pokemon history still took the time to tease Alain about it "that's quite a small girlfriend you've got there" and the look on Alains face was just priceless. Alain and Mairin have some other great interactions overall but for me thats my favourite.

Well that was surprisingly slow to make this thread xd

Lysandre's opinion was so unexpected, and that's what I love about Marrisonshipping, "random" guys think Mairin is Alain's girlfriend xD but we have seen Alain caring about Mairin in the second episode, when everything started to collapse, he rushed to ensure Mairin's safety, and he protected her with his body, that was so sweet.
    My favorite pokemons are
    1. Rayquaza/Absol
    2. Blastoise
    3. Umbreon
    4. Buisel
    5. Pichu evolutionary line/Shinx evolutionary line

Welcome, Marrisonshippers! I've added your names on the list.

I suppose I should contribute to the current topic:

I guess, what I love about this ship is the fact that Alan had a major characteristic change during Act II. He was, more openly caring for Manon's safety and well-being than in the first special. What I love most about this, yeah it's been already mentioned by you guys, was as though Lysandre said, or teased for that manner, that Manon was Alan's 'small' girlfriend, and the fact that this happened just one ep from their introduction. I just can't help but ship these two after that ep. Plus, one scene in the ep made me ship them harder; when a Draco Meteor crashed down near Manon and resulted to her being blown away, and Alan's reaction time was perfect. He caught her in time just before she hit the ground, taking the fall for himself.

Like what SerenaForTheWin said, it seems as though they are in a student-teacher relationship. But it's not. Alan had not taught anything to Manon... yet.

Anyway, just here to share a fan art that I think 1 or 2 of you may already saw this. But anyway:

Spoiler:- Fan art:

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Red View Post
    Also, I think adding that Harimaron's French name is 'Marrison' and that Mairin dresses like a Harimaron would be better than mentioning X's Harimaron, since I don't think that's the reason for the ship's name.
    Well, that wasn't the reason the namer of this ship said. But meh.
    Last edited by matthew11; 22nd December 2014 at 9:09 AM.

The reason why I love this ship because you got a beginner trainer with just a Chespin then you got her mentor, Alain; the guy with the Megazard x
    And that Lysandre moment was priceless
    Red - he will just let you finish your words and then he will demolish you....

Fav sagas in order: AG>XY>OS>BW>DP
    Fav gens in order: 4>6>3>2>1>5
    Top 5 Favourite Pokes: Latios>Honchkrow>Vaporeon>Torterra>Pancham
    Top 10 pokegirls: Jesse, May, Serena, Bonnie, Zoey, Misty, Bianca (Latias), Zinnia, Annabel, korrina, Cynthia
    Fav ships: 1. Amour 2. Advance 3. Contest/Penguin 4. Sequel 5.Hoenn

The XY series is a must-watch. The new production is outstanding and if you want a little maturity in the show, then you'll find a lot here!

-Rest in peace original Amourshipping thread. September 13th 2013 - December 18th 2014-