Page 97 of 255 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 6353

Thread: PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

Alright, maybe I worded it wrong. The past is still there that supports evidence. That fact will always remain, therefore Pokeshipping will never die.

But the future for further hints and contact between Misty and Ash is bleak. Sure, they could sneak her into a few episodes. But from what I've heard they neglected her in the D/P series. If they started to neglect her, it can only continue to get worse.

I guess as long as the anime is still alive, there's always a chance for occurrences. It seems like Pokemon will never die, so that's a good thing... but the bad thing (IMO, at least for Pokeshippers) is that they always start fresh for each new adventure. They could return to their roots but they just don't want to. They'd probably prefer to just replace Ash all together than bring back Misty.

It's a bit mistifying (heh pun), because they keep Team Rocket and they kept Brock for the longest time. The one character that had an interesting development with Ash they replaced. That just shows they want Ash to fly solo and not have a major love interest for the long term of the series. Maybe they didn't want to get too involved in a side miniature love story.

I believe us pokeshippers are the minority in all this. Yes, it's the biggest shipping community, but the writers and producers have a much bigger audience of non-pokeshippers and people who just don't care about that. Although I guess that doesn't really matter.

Besides, the hints of pokeshipping aren't as abundant in the Japanese anime from what I've heard. Maybe I'm being way too negative about this and there very well could be a bright spot in the future. Who knows? Anything can happen, especially in a long running anime. Good things come to those who wait. I'd just rather it happen sooner than later because I'm gettin' old. (19) :P

blondekid15, do you have a video of the original Japanese trailer?

Quote Originally Posted by Bronzong View Post
    Besides, the hints of pokeshipping aren't as abundant in the Japanese anime from what I've heard.
    Incorrect. That's just a popular misconception.

Serebii himself said "The majority of the love interest stuff was added by 4kids. While there were a few subtle hints and jokes in the original japanese ones, it was mostly American."

Serebii himself said "The majority of the love interest stuff was added by 4kids. While there were a few subtle hints and jokes in the original japanese ones, it was mostly American."
    Just because Serebii said something doesn't make it true. There was a huge amount of blatant romantic hints in the Japanese version that just could not be construed any other way. The dub added maybe two or three hints, TOPS.

I know it existed in the Japanese version, but Serebii led me to believe that it was almost fully orchestrated by 4Kids. I just figured Serebii knew what he was talking about.

I know it existed in the Japanese version, but Serebii led me to believe that it was almost fully orchestrated by 4Kids. I just figured Serebii knew what he was talking about.
    Clearly, he was misinformed in this case.

And why she left the show. After the show got longer, there was a decline in ratings so they thought of changing something about the main characters and the villains.

Because justification of Kasumi's existence was the weakest, she was the most endangered to leave. He says that it wasn't like he wanted to substitute her, but they needed someone with fascinating personality, whose existence was neccessary.
    quotes from the late Takeshi Shudo's blog as to the reason why Misty left.
    he wanted to keep the main cast, but changes had to be made and he felt a greater attachment to Team Rocket's characters than to Misty.

fact: it is true the American dub added more noticible hints while the Japanese original version relied more on jokes and subtle references.
    --however, this does mean hints were implied

@Bronzong here is the original.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotat...&v=UXJrckR66lk
    ^i think i did that right
    also, if you like to discuss the video after watching, feel free to go down to the "How Pokemon could've ended" thread

I don't use "uber" Pokemon , I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)

Serebii confirmed! Lol, memes. Anyway, there were added hints, but there was still stuff in the Japanese. It just tended to subtler.

But yeah, I don't think they're gonna bring Misty back, and I don't think Ash and Misty'll ever get together in the anime. I think the best we can hope for is a cameo sometime. The best time for that would probably be at the end of the series, or when they decide to finally replace Ash. Which I don't expect to happen any time soon.
    These are my fanfics. Read them. Or not, whatever.
    Pokemon Generations: Satsumi's Journey (Chapter 2 Now Up!)
    My Fanfiction.net Profile

This is my Tumblr. Read it if you are so inclined.
    The Philosophy of Shipping (shipdr.tumblr.com)

Yeah I'm hoping for a cameo fro Misty. I really don't think they're going to tell who Ash is going to end up with until the end of Pokemon which I don't think will end anytime soon. Pokeshipping might not happen though and we might never know who Ash is going to end up with but we can just think up our own ending for Ash.

Would you like to see an alternative anime series where Ash, Misty, and their friends go through a skip time?

I'd love it if they did! I always think of when Ash and his friends are older and married. Ash and Misty are married to each other of course and so are everyone else. They are all who they wanted to be like Ash was the Pokemon Master he wanted to be in my imagination and they reached their goal.

It would be cool if they had a new adventure and Ash and Misty were a couple when they went on it. It would be like if Ash had to save the world again and Misty's life was on the line. He would be the hero again saving her life.
    Proud Contestshipper, Pokeshipper, and Ikarishipper. <3

My friend code is 3711-8218-3949! Message me if you want to add me

Maybe I'm being way too negative about this and there very well could be a bright spot in the future. Who knows? Anything can happen, especially in a long running anime. Good things come to those who wait. I'd just rather it happen sooner than later because I'm gettin' old. (19) :P

blondekid15, do you have a video of the original Japanese trailer?
    I don't think you're being negative, ok maybe a little, lol but I think everyone has their days where they begin to doubt Pokeshipping (not the actual ship just what the writers are planning). I say that originally, Ash and Misty were the set couple, since the first movie was going to end the series, meaning the show had one season, and Ash and Misty were already hinted at being love interests...No long running show, no need to worry about a love story to continue. But now that it is long running, I agree they don't want to, well, tie Ash down, especially with so many shippings he's in now.

And I agree, good things do come to those who wait...I've decided, no shipping will probably happen, but Pokeshipping is the most likely out of the major Ash shippings...If it happens, well I'd obviously be very happy, but if not, I've decided that like I said, Ash and Misty were the original set couple that was probably going to be canon, that's enough for me.

Oh, here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b70GRNYnacI

The most popular theory about the girl is she was going to be Ash and Misty's daughter, since the series was ending, which obviously didn't happen.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Add me on youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AMVGeek15

Would you like to see an alternative anime series where Ash, Misty, and their friends go through a skip time?

I've been hoping for something like that for a LONG time. Truthfully, unless Pokemon gets new producers, it won't happen. An older anime like that, I think, is the only way anyone will ever see anything concrete in shipping, Pokeshipping or otherwise. But yeah, older Ash and Misty would be awesome to see. That's why we have fanfiction, I suppose.
    " r u n y o u c l e v e r b o y . . . a n d r e m e m b e r. "

Don't you guys think future Pokeshipping is DEAD?

I think I expressed my opinion on this a while ago: AAML is dying, but pokeshipping is very much alive, as demonstrated by this thread.

I'm not so sure about that, I mean, it may be the only way pokeshipping ever becomes canon, but I also think the anime will lose many watchers because non-shippers like the way the anime is right now. This would have happened a long time ago if the writers actually put aging in the show, which will not happen (proven by the info that Ash is still ten, which is actually very much impossible since he said in one of the later eps of the indigo series that "it's been more than a year since we've last been here(Viridian City)")

I doubt it'd happen. I mean, they had a choice long ago as to whether they were gonna be dynamic and change with their audience, or if they were just gonna tell the same story over and over again with a few small differences... I don't really need to tell you which they chose.

As to whether I'd like it to happen or not? Well, I have my doubts that it'd be any good or if it would be a good move for Pokemon in general, but I'd watch it for the shake-up.

I think the only way I could imagine a time-skip in the anime is at the denouement (if this thing ever ends).

Personally, I wouldn't like a whole new anime, I really just want the Pokemon anime to end, I mean, it's been 13 years, it's way overdue to finally end. But, I would like the very end to show where everyone ends up (and of course have Pokeshipping be canon). But I doubt that will happen, but that's what I'd like.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Add me on youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AMVGeek15

Quote Originally Posted by Skiyomi View Post

I doubt it'd happen. I mean, they had a choice long ago as to whether they were gonna be dynamic and change with their audience, or if they were just gonna tell the same story over and over again with a few small differences... I don't really need to tell you which they chose.

As to whether I'd like it to happen or not? Well, I have my doubts that it'd be any good or if it would be a good move for Pokemon in general, but I'd watch it for the shake-up.

I think the only way I could imagine a time-skip in the anime is at the denouement (if this thing ever ends).
    Oh, it'll end. Eventually. We may all be in our 70s when it happens, but it can't go on forever. The question is whether they'll treat it like an ending or whether it'll just stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakajin View Post
    Oh, it'll end. Eventually. We may all be in our 70s when it happens, but it can't go on forever. The question is whether they'll treat it like an ending or whether it'll just stop.
    My guess is it will go like this: Ash fails in the Pokemon League (again) and it will just drop off. I think he'll go off to another land to continue his quest to be a Pokemon Master and that's it. It won't follow him. Just series over.

XD

Yeah, that's kind of what I'm worried about. When it does end, I'd like some closure, even if it's not Pokeshipping closure. I just don't want one of those 'the show may be over, but rest assured the characters will still complete the same cycle over and over again and there is no hope of enlightenment' ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiyomi View Post
    XD

Yeah, that's kind of what I'm worried about. When it does end, I'd like some closure, even if it's not Pokeshipping closure. I just don't want one of those 'the show may be over, but rest assured the characters will still complete the same cycle over and over again and there is no hope of enlightenment' ends.
    Personally, i'm worried about that as well. Which is one of the primary reasons about my recent topic. I was thinking that in a spin off series, given a solid plot and development, that it would give closure between stories with certain characters such as Ash, Misty, and others.

With the way that the anime is currently going, unless it breaks off from this trend of throwing Ash and Pikachu into various regions to compete in their leagues and interact with new friends and Pokemon to also promote the new games, it might eventually go through an endless age loop and eventually make Ash the next Doraemon.

Like I said a long while ago, one of these days, the shows writers might have no choice but to even replace Ash as the main character one of these days. And at least if they make that decision, i'd at least like to see some closure with him and Misty if possible. Maybe even see their children have their own adventures. ^_^ But we'll see. Kupopo. ^_^

Paired with the Artistic Melody now over three years! (Glomps Melody)

I am the optimistic Pokeshipping warrior of San Jose, California! I am Moogleborg! SHINRYUKEN!!

I'm also worried that the writers were just going to say that he won the Pokemon League and that he was Pokemon Master. They could just leave it there and tell us nothing about his future. Then they were going to just say his journey was done and they replace him with somebody else. It would be great if they did show Ash and Misty's kids on their journey and make them the new main characters.

I always love stories that have an ending that shows the rest of the main characters lives. It shows me what happened to them and if they were okay after the story ended but I also love imagining what could happen to them if there was no ending.
    Proud Contestshipper, Pokeshipper, and Ikarishipper. <3

My friend code is 3711-8218-3949! Message me if you want to add me

How would a spin-off series of future Ash and Misty go? If they ever get married and have a kid, I'd think they'd finally settle down. I can't imagine Misty going anywhere.

I think it's not because if there are still fans there will be Pokeshipping.Even if it never become canon I will keep on supporting it and you guys should too. NEVER GIVE IN,NEVER GIVE UP I have strong belive for ships that never become canon in Anime history.I will support and love Pokeshipping to hold on to those memories of the past.Pokeshippers keep on supporting XD

Banner made by Skiyomi

How would a spin-off series of future Ash and Misty go? If they ever get married and have a kid, I'd think they'd finally settle down. I can't imagine Misty going anywhere.
    My guess is that it would start with their kid departing for his/her own pokemon journey, following in the footsteps of his/her father, and follow him/her from there. I think they would hearken back to Ash and Misty with some regularity, and to other characters like Brock, May, Max, Dawn, etc. with less but still some frequency. My guess is that Ash and all of the main characters would end up living in the same vicinity.

I always thought that the series would end by coming full circle and showing Ash's kid leaving with a brand new pokemon, wandering into a brave new world, but a spin-off is possible too. Well, as to the fate of AAML, if the series ends how I think it will, he's got to have a kid with someone, and I think that if he's going to have a kid with someone, it's got to be Misty. I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but come on, they've done a LOT to lead us to this conclusion (or at least I think so). And as to what was said before, the dub added a few hints, but only a few. I've seen most of the shippy episodes subbed and the hints are most certainly there. Let's not forget that the dub also removed a couple of hints. A Date With Delcatty? 'Nuff said.

Of course this is only my opinion of the ending, I think its very fitting, but I'm not a writer. The ending is really up in the air and I suppose that it could very well just end without closure. That would suck.

Spiraling to the ground below, like autumn leaves left in the wake to fade
    -The Drapery Falls by Opeth

If the series would have ended in Kanto or Johto, I'm positive that Misty would have been Ash's wife without a doubt. Now, I'm not so sure. She's kind of a distant memory for the writers. The only thing going for us pokeshippers is that Misty has more hints than any other female has.

If they started over with Ash and Misty's kid, I think it'd be interesting if Ash disappeared and the kid had to go rescue him. That's how it is in my head, anyway, with Satsumi. No one steal that idea that I'm probably never going to write about! Haha... it's probably already been done.

Hello Serebii.Net Pokeshipping thread,

You may know me as "The Normish" on Bulbagarden Forums
    The Normish!Welcome!
    and to the new Pokeshippers Welcome!!

I bet NOT!!As long as Supporters are there,shippers to like a certain ship specially Pokeshipping..and for those never-ending support for Pokeshipping..I think there's nothing to say that Pokeshipping will die.

I think it's not because if there are still fans there will be Pokeshipping.Even if it never become canon I will keep on supporting it and you guys should too. NEVER GIVE IN,NEVER GIVE UP I have strong belive for ships that never become canon in Anime history.I will support and love Pokeshipping to hold on to those memories of the past.Pokeshippers keep on supporting XD
    *high Five* Agreed on this one too..

Memories will bring some special moments,those times how Ash and Misty spent their time together.We just have to keep strong on supporting..and NEVER GIVE UP!!That's how a shipping will always live forever..not matter what..^^
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || Bias:鹿晗 || hwaiting! || Inactive||

Page 97 of 255 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197 ... LastLast