Page 98 of 254 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 6346

Thread: PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

What do you guys think of the fanmade live-action movie "Pokemon Apokalipse"? They have a long trailer in youtube and you can see the adult "Ash" and "Misty" kissing. Yay or nay for pokeshippers?

I forgot all about that. It's... weird. The only thing I really like about it is Meowth. As for Ash and Misty... well, the girl playing Misty looks nothing like Misty, but I guess none of the non-Pokemon look like their characters.

Ah, I haven't been here in ages :'D I went on a semi-hiatus from the shipping forums.
    Welcome to anybody new! :3

On the "Pokeshipping being dead" thing, I'm with Pearlmasterking all the way. I won't give up. And If the writers don't do waht we want, to heck with the writers! Let's just have shipping be fun and not worry about Misty coming back or whatever. That's what fanfic's for. ;D

Speaking of fanfic, I wrote one! Well actually I'm not done. Or near done. xD
    But last time I posted something it got good reception, so...
    It Must Be the Sunshine
    It's mainly Poke, with Ikari *shot* and TeenCare (a pairing for Brock :3). But if you don't like Ikari, then just skip the rest of the third chapter after Ash and Misty leave, and if you're adamant about your Brock pairings, skip the fourth. The story is about what would happen if Misty came to Sunnyshore City. It takes place around the time they are in the dub right now, actually. ^^

I don't really want a spin off with Ash and Misty's kid. (I have my own ideas about what a good spin off would be.) I kinda think it's simply not necessary. :\

What do you guys think of the fanmade live-action movie "Pokemon Apokalipse"? They have a long trailer in youtube and you can see the adult "Ash" and "Misty" kissing. Yay or nay for pokeshippers?
    Well, the poeple who wrote this obviously like SatoKasu. xD It sounds fine to me. It's all fanmade and stuff. But if people watch it, they may start liking Ash x Misty if they never thought about it before. So I guess it's a yay. n.n

I thought it would wake this thread up if we posted cool stuff we find! Like AMVs, fanfics, etc. So I'm going to link some AMVs. :3
    Dear Misty
    The Day Ash Slipped Away
    In Ash's ♥
    Last edited by xxGlassRose; 11th November 2010 at 2:55 AM.
    //*☆*Jesus loved the outcasts,
    He loves the ones the world just loves to hate*☆*//

i don't recall them kissing in the trailer... but I think it was really good.
    The creators are obvious Pokeshippers and just from the little tidbits Ash and Misty seem to be in character (at least as much as they can be considering the circumstances of the trailer's plot ) so I think it's a good thing for Pokeshipping.

here is the trailer if you want to see it, but be warned as it is for mature audience(nothing too bad, just some cuss words and strong violence)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDX1m0Y2Vkg

I don't use "uber" Pokemon , I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)

You know, I was thinking recently about why they didn't use the BW girl trainer of Ash's new side-kick. She seems to be a popular character; when I told one of my friends they weren't including her, she kind of freaked out. But I think maybe it has something to do with her sexuality. Maybe they're trying to tone it down a bit? I don't think they did it for Pokeshipping, but if that is the reason, then it at least has implications for Pokeshipping, don't you think?
    These are my fanfics. Read them. Or not, whatever.
    Pokemon Generations: Satsumi's Journey (Chapter 2 Now Up!)
    My Fanfiction.net Profile

This is my Tumblr. Read it if you are so inclined.
    The Philosophy of Shipping (shipdr.tumblr.com)

I saw that trailer a few months ago and it was PURE WIN. Probably the coolest thing I've seen in my life since RoboCop riding a unicorn. Though I don't remember them kissing... I remember them hugging, but not kissing. Maybe I should watch more closely. Ash did have a framed picture of her on his desk in one scene.

Anyway, I approve of this trailer greatly, and encourage whomever made this masterpiece of fan-material to make the whole movie (though they said that they had no plans to :/ ).

You know, I was thinking recently about why they didn't use the BW girl trainer of Ash's new side-kick. She seems to be a popular character; when I told one of my friends they weren't including her, she kind of freaked out. But I think maybe it has something to do with her sexuality. Maybe they're trying to tone it down a bit? I don't think they did it for Pokeshipping, but if that is the reason, then it at least has implications for Pokeshipping, don't you think?
    It's certainly possible that this is true. I would have to think more on it, but I'll tell you what my first thoughts are. I suppose when you refer to her "sexuality" you're talking about her rather short jean shorts with the pockets hanging out. With regards to that, I guess the implication for pokeshipping is that they wouldn't want such, uhh, temptations around Ash because they wouldn't want the fans to assume that he would fall for his new female companion. Maybe? I don't know. Like I said I would have to think more on it.
    Last edited by BrownBear; 11th November 2010 at 4:21 AM.

Spiraling to the ground below, like autumn leaves left in the wake to fade
    -The Drapery Falls by Opeth

Isn't she supposed to be a young adult in the games? Maybe they didn't want to confuse people, and they don't like the idea of an adult female traveling with Ash.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
    I saw that trailer a few months ago and it was PURE WIN. Probably the coolest thing I've seen in my life since RoboCop riding a unicorn. Though I don't remember them kissing... I remember them hugging, but not kissing. Maybe I should watch more closely. Ash did have a framed picture of her on his desk in one scene.

Anyway, I approve of this trailer greatly, and encourage whomever made this masterpiece of fan-material to make the whole movie (though they said that they had no plans to :/ ).
    One of these days, i'd like to make my own full-length Pokemon live-action movie like that. Or also a intensive battling movie where Ash and Misty would constant team up and battle Team Rocket and others as well.

And when Ash and Misty (and sometimes Brock) team up, this will blaze in the background.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIBKlgn1gD4

I've also got various other ideas for Ash and Misty such as a Kamen Rider type series, possibly Street Fighter and maybe also something like a dramaedy that stars them in a reality show. ^_^

Paired with the Artistic Melody now over three years! (Glomps Melody)

I am the optimistic Pokeshipping warrior of San Jose, California! I am Moogleborg! SHINRYUKEN!!

We had the theater production Pokemon Live, that also presented Misty as having feelings for Ash.
    It's amazing how Americans are bigger supporters of pokeshipping than the Japanese, apparently. While in that country pearl is much bigger. I know many have bashed 4Kids in the past for handling the dub, but they actually did a huge favor to the shipping. They didn't belittle it like the Japanese who even had the original head writers saying there was no such thing as Misty having feelings for Ash and other blah blah blah. It just goes to show that shipping is powered by fans, not the company itself.

From what I've heard, Pokeshipping is very strong in Japan. If the writers said Misty doesn't have feelings for Ash, they're contradicting their work. I don't know why they'd lie, though. Probably trying to make it seem more secretive than it is.

From what I've heard, Pokeshipping is very strong in Japan. If the writers said Misty doesn't have feelings for Ash, they're contradicting their work. I don't know why they'd lie, though. Probably trying to make it seem more secretive than it is.
    Very true. Writers in general have been known to lie to the audience to keep them in anticipation. Whether this is true for Pokemon, remains to be seen. Personally, if the head writers deny Misty feeling anything for Ash, I think that they're lying straight out of their hindquarters. It took a lot to convince me of things when I was a kid (still does, I'm quite the skeptic) but they managed to thoroughly convince me of pokeshipping.

On a somewhat related note, I got excused from college because I have a concussion. So I'm sitting at home with nothing to do, so my girlfriend gives me an old Pokemon coloring book to keep me entertained because I'm not allowed to do anything but sleep, eat and things that don't involve screens or reading (technically not supposed to be here, but whatevs). My parents see me coloring and this sparks a conversation about Pokemon. So my point: apparently my sister and both of my parents are pokeshippers. Not like hardcore like me, but they all thought that Ash and Misty had a thing going there. My Dad got really angry when I told him that both Brock and Misty are gone for good. He was all "WTF!?". I lol'd.

Got around to finally reading that translated thing about Misty not having feelings for Ash and am even less impressed than when I read secondary accounts. It basically comes out to: "Misty can't love Ash because we don't want this to turn into a romance." Which is just... a little silly. I understand them not wanting romance to be the central point of the show, but... does that really mean no one can have feelings for anyone? Especially since not all the writers seemed to agree on that one judging by the hints and moments they put in (writing is a collaborative process in this case).

It's just kind of lazy writing to think you have to axe a character because you can't handle her feelings in a mature way that still keeps about the spirit of the anime.

Also... I always thought the shippy hints were their way of... oh, I don't know... paying the girls off under the table. Which isn't entirely a fair assumption. Plenty of girls don't care about romance and plenty of guys are shippers, but generally speaking media uses romance to attract female audiences. So if they were worried about attracting a female audience... eh... not the best moves.

So... yeah... I know this blog has been analyzed to death, but I just had to put in my two-cents since it came up again.

(...No disrespect to Takeshi Shudo. May he rest in peace.)

On a somewhat related note, I got excused from college because I have a concussion. So I'm sitting at home with nothing to do, so my girlfriend gives me an old Pokemon coloring book to keep me entertained because I'm not allowed to do anything but sleep, eat and things that don't involve screens or reading (technically not supposed to be here, but whatevs). My parents see me coloring and this sparks a conversation about Pokemon. So my point: apparently my sister and both of my parents are pokeshippers. Not like hardcore like me, but they all thought that Ash and Misty had a thing going there. My Dad got really angry when I told him that both Brock and Misty are gone for good. He was all "WTF!?". I lol'd.
    Ha! That's something I've found too! Because *everyone* within a certain age group watched Pokemon when it first came out. It was a GIANT deal, not like it is now. So when I talk to people who haven't even thought about Pokemon for years they seem to think that Misty and Ash were destined for each other and when you bring up the fact that other girls joined up with him their like "What? ...No!"

There are more nostalgic Pokeshippers then we're aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiyomi View Post
    Ha! That's something I've found too! Because *everyone* within a certain age group watched Pokemon when it first came out. It was a GIANT deal, not like it is now. So when I talk to people who haven't even thought about Pokemon for years they seem to think that Misty and Ash were destined for each other and when you bring up the fact that other girls joined up with him their like "What? ...No!"

There are more nostalgic Pokeshippers then we're aware of.
    I think the nostalgic factor is also what keeps Pokeshipping incredibly strong. Everybody who used to watch the original series just loved seeing Ash and Misty together. ^_^ Now that Mistys left, it hasn't been the same since, but the classic episodes is always good to watch over and over again since seeing Ash and Misty in them is something that definitely never ever grows old, no matter how many times anyone watches them. ^_^

Paired with the Artistic Melody now over three years! (Glomps Melody)

I am the optimistic Pokeshipping warrior of San Jose, California! I am Moogleborg! SHINRYUKEN!!

First off, this is my first time posting in this thread. To be perfectly honest, I tend to dabble in this ship, as well as Advance and Pearlshipping. Though I still enjoy the third ship quite a bit, watching some of the older episodes and the second movie has really brought up my interest in Pokeshipping a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiyomi View Post
    Got around to finally reading that translated thing about Misty not having feelings for Ash and am even less impressed than when I read secondary accounts. It basically comes out to: "Misty can't love Ash because we don't want this to turn into a romance." Which is just... a little silly. I understand them not wanting romance to be the central point of the show, but... does that really mean no one can have feelings for anyone?
    And yet they seem to have a lot of one shot stories with trainers and their love lives. I mean, yes we won't see those characters again, but still a lot of romance based episodes for a show in which romance is suppose to be nonexistent. More on my speculated belief on the next response:

Especially since not all the writers seemed to agree on that one judging by the hints and moments they put in (writing is a collaborative process in this case).

It's just kind of lazy writing to think you have to axe a character because you can't handle her feelings in a mature way that still keeps about the spirit of the anime.
    Like with many shows that are reluctant to change the status quo, I chalk it down to writers who want an easy paycheck and stick to the status quo like glue. They lack ambition for the most part and therefore feel safer by sticking to the familiar.

I mean using some boy targeted cartoons we have, Gargoyles (action/adventure/drama) and Aladdin (action/adventure). They are no Shojo or Josei material, but still have an adequate amount of romance to them.

Incidentally enough, I felt I should share the link to this fanfic in the event that some here may be unaware of: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5830471/..._Pearl_version

Basically it has Misty rejoining Ash and company during Diamond and Pearl Battle Dimension, and is an exciting read. Good on the Pokeshipping and in light of what I recently posted, it ups the romance without changing the overall feel of the anime, and still manages to keep Ash close to character.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronzong View Post
    a year ago there was a japanese poll about which shipping was most popular. i think pokeshipping placed 3rd but its hard to find now since it was done on 2ch. but you can get an idea by searching the japanese name of the shipping on google and see how many results you get. it just seems poke is stronger in the West compared to Japan. dont know why, maybe bcus they get things sooner than us.

I wouldn't concern myself with Japanese polls, especially when they're giving us crap like this: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/24410

...Seriously? How can Pikachu not be Japan's favorite Pokemon, much less rank 4th? They obviously just prefer what's new.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronzong View Post
    I wouldn't concern myself with Japanese polls, especially when they're giving us crap like this: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/24410

...Seriously? How can Pikachu not be Japan's favorite Pokemon, much less rank 4th? They obviously just prefer what's new.
    probably cause the winner of that poll would be given away over Wi-Fi.
    who wouldn't want an Arceus?

ehh i really don't feel like researching Japanese polls on shipping. We all think Pokeshipping is great and we don't need a poll to tell us otherwise. IF any other ship besides Poke becomes canon we will still be here supporting it through the old times and memories we have.

I don't use "uber" Pokemon , I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)

I think there's an unspoken assumption that the popularity of a ship is related to the likelyhood of its being canon. It's assumed that it's the most popular because it has the most evidence and is the one supported by the writers. To a lesser extent, people think that the writers will be influenced by the masses. Though that usually doesn't happen.

Do you guys think Misty will appear in Best Wishes, have a cameo (like the lure), or nothing at all?

Do you guys think Misty will appear in Best Wishes, have a cameo (like the lure), or nothing at all?
    Well we certainly have plenty of time to think about this don't we? I certainly don't think that the probability is zero, but I don't really know what to think after 4 years of DP and getting nothing but the lure and a cameo or 2 in the openings. Truthfully, I'm not too confident in a full appearance, unless they plan on ending the anime (highly unlikely). There's always the maybes, like maybe they plan on bringing back each female lead every other game-series, like this series, they bring back Misty and Dawn and mention May this series, bring back May and Iris and mention Misty and Dawn the next series, etc. Maybe they will do something else, I don't know.

What I do know is that they can't erase Misty from the memory of the audience. It would be scarily close to Orwellian if they think they can just phase her out of the anime and have her no longer be relevant or even be forgotten (which i doubt they do think, but it's been said by opponents to pokeshipping).

I think there's an unspoken assumption that the popularity of a ship is related to the likelyhood of its being canon. It's assumed that it's the most popular because it has the most evidence and is the one supported by the writers. To a lesser extent, people think that the writers will be influenced by the masses. Though that usually doesn't happen.
    An excellent point. I find myself making this assumption all the time. My, and I'm sure others', thought is "why would anyone want to believe in something that isn't true" so the next inference that one would make is "so obviously the most popular ship is the most valid one". We forget that a lot of shippers don't care about what is and isn't canon. A lot of shippers couldn't care less how many or how strong the hints are for a given shipping, it's all about what appeals to them most. This also assumes that most people are right, which is up for debate. So I wouldn't give the japanese shipping poll a second thought, could have been skewed or hacked pretty easily anyway. One pearlshipper finds it, tells all their pearlshipper buddies to vote and repeat, pokeshippers don't find it, bam, results skewed.

Welcome Antiyonder!
    Incidentally enough, I felt I should share the link to this fanfic in the event that some here may be unaware of: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5830471/..._Pearl_version

Basically it has Misty rejoining Ash and company during Diamond and Pearl Battle Dimension, and is an exciting read. Good on the Pokeshipping and in light of what I recently posted, it ups the romance without changing the overall feel of the anime, and still manages to keep Ash close to character
    See? He gets what I mean! Post cool stuff you find! It wakes the thread up! >.<
    That's actually a really good story. Like REALLY good. I just spent the last 1+ hour reading it. And the last update was 2 days ago so you can be prtty sure the author won't drop this one. n.n

An excellent point. I find myself making this assumption all the time. My, and I'm sure others', thought is "why would anyone want to believe in something that isn't true" so the next inference that one would make is "so obviously the most popular ship is the most valid one". We forget that a lot of shippers don't care about what is and isn't canon. A lot of shippers couldn't care less how many or how strong the hints are for a given shipping, it's all about what appeals to them most. This also assumes that most people are right, which is up for debate. So I wouldn't give the japanese shipping poll a second thought, could have been skewed or hacked pretty easily anyway. One pearlshipper finds it, tells all their pearlshipper buddies to vote and repeat, pokeshippers don't find it, bam, results skewed.
    You get it! You do! Plenty of people DON'T care! I don't really care if Misty ever comes back. I want her to, but if she doesn't, I'll be fine. And I don't care what the Japanese think because who knows who voted? And I could see Pearl being more popular while DP had its run. Make sense, doesn't it? And many shippers don't care what's more valid and what's not. For example, in Avatar, I still like Zutara even though Kataang is practically canon. But it doesn't really matter much to me. I think some of you guys take this stuff WAY too seriously. Shipping is just for fun, or at least that's what it should be. If we just kicked back and reveled in what we got, we wouldn't be so concerned about what's ahead. And to be frank, I'm not concerned. I think Ash should be with Misty, and that's good enough for me.

Oh mai. That post was kinda long. xD
    //*☆*Jesus loved the outcasts,
    He loves the ones the world just loves to hate*☆*//

Quote Originally Posted by xxGlassRose View Post
    Shipping is just for fun, or at least that's what it should be.
    -Claps- You're whole post was good but I wanted to just take this sentence cause you are so right. Of course, I have no room to talk because i take my shippings seriously a lot, but then i see a post like this and its kinda like "oh yeah, this is just fiction and just for fun" lol but i suppose it happens to the best of us..i think

on an unrelated note, i love your signature

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Add me on youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AMVGeek15

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
    So I wouldn't give the japanese shipping poll a second thought, could have been skewed or hacked pretty easily anyway. One pearlshipper finds it, tells all their pearlshipper buddies to vote and repeat, pokeshippers don't find it, bam, results skewed.
    On Google Japan you can search the name of the shippings in japanese and it will give you how many results there are.

サトヒカ (SatoHika) 約 8,500 件 4 yrs
    サトカス (SatoKasu) 約 7,830 件 13 yrs
    サトハル (SatoHaru) 約 3,640 件 8 yrs

so even though pokeshipping/satokasu is the oldest one, it is still quite popular in Japan. good to know loyalty for this shipping has longevity. some pokeshipping sites from 1997 might even still exist somewhere in the outerwebs.

I think some of you guys take this stuff WAY too seriously. Shipping is just for fun, or at least that's what it should be. If we just kicked back and reveled in what we got, we wouldn't be so concerned about what's ahead. And to be frank, I'm not concerned. I think Ash should be with Misty, and that's good enough for me.
    I strongly disagree. Many of us have developed a strong emotional investment in shipping. It's not supposed to be anything, it just is. It's something that happens like falling in love. The more intense it is, the more enjoyable it is, but the drawback is that it's also more upsetting when something doesn't go right. It can be really hard to just disregard the canon in cases like this because... there's a suspension of disbelief, and we take the characters as being real. We don't feel we have the power to change their lives or feelings. The writers determine their fates, but since they're the ones who came up with them in the first place... well, the writers are different now, I think, but... if there's not a canon, it's anything goes, and there's no resolution there. The world becomes less real, too. Anyway. I think obsessive shipping is a good thing that can lead to personal and emotional development. Even getting upset over it leads to growth and new understandings. So... yeah.

I agree with hakajin, it's hurts whenever I heard a pokeshipper tell me to just get over it! Trust me I am trying to move on in life but I keep having nightmares almost every night about how Misty is never returning and last night I dream I got to see the last episode of pokemon and Misty was there but I realized it only a dream. In reality it doesn't seem that bad, IRL am not dwelling on it and accept the fact Misty is probably never returning but my dreams are letting me know I'm still not over it.

I even have a boyfriend now but PS still means alot to me, it was like having a relationship to me, it made me as happy as being in love, however it was unhealthly for me and I couldn't hold on to it anymore when pokemon just kept breaking my heart, some pokeshippers say Misty didn't derseve more than she got but why leave the question "who does Misty like?" unanswer? I even had a dream that Georgio that guy with a crush on Misty appeared in Best Wishes to challege Ash for Misty heart. In the dream I couldn't believe it and remember googling it to see if it was the same character from the hosos. But once again it was all just a dream.

Someday these nightmares/dreams will end but for now I'll just have to deal with them, I agree that shipping lives on in fandoms and we are the one keeping it alive, but please don't judge those who take it seriously, as long as we're not hurting people or ourself because of it, it's fine. With Misty possibly gone forever some of us our griefing so do expect us to "get over it" over night, it doesn't work that way, letting go of something we've helded on to for 10 years isn't easy. Even I thought I could be over it by now but I'm still having these dreams. That's proof I not crazy saying it really can mean so much that letting go is hard.

Page 98 of 254 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198 ... LastLast