Page 177 of 254 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179180181187227 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,425 of 6346

Thread: PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

Hey guys! Don't want to interrupt too much, but I've noticed your ship (Poke) has a lot of votes on the Big Shipping Survey, located here. Unfortunately, many of you that voted haven't answered the questions. I'm afraid that if you don't answer at least one, I can't count your vote - this is for statistical reasons. Without your answers to those questions, the poll's outcome means very little.

So please, if you have voted, please take a minute to answer at least one of the questions. It will help us deduce what it is about Pokeshipping that grants it the longest longevity of any of the ships on the board. The poll closes in a week. Thanks!
    Encyclopika's Fic of the Moment:

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Has a deviantART account and a Tumblr
    Is on Fanfiction.net.
    Need a moveset for a specific Pokemon for a specific contest? PM me!
    Don't reply to my infractions. It's not gonna change anything.

Random friend requests do nothing. Let's actually talk first. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Encyclopika View Post
    Hey guys! Don't want to interrupt too much, but I've noticed your ship (Poke) has a lot of votes on the Big Shipping Survey, located here. Unfortunately, many of you that voted haven't answered the questions. I'm afraid that if you don't answer at least one, I can't count your vote - this is for statistical reasons. Without your answers to those questions, the poll's outcome means very little.

So please, if you have voted, please take a minute to answer at least one of the questions. It will help us deduce what it is about Pokeshipping that grants it the longest longevity of any of the ships on the board. The poll closes in a week. Thanks!
    I was one of the first ones who answered this. Anyways, I also hope more people will post in your thread. It also brought me a nice thread question, inspired by your post: What is it about PokeShipping that grants it the longest longevity of any of the ships on the board?

I think the strong and pretty clear hints play a big part. They're convincing to many people, noticeable hints help people to support a shipping. It's comparable to ContestShipping, which is also very popular: it has many hints, including some very strong ones.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaMilotic View Post
    I think the strong and pretty clear hints play a big part. They're convincing to many people, noticeable hints help people to support a shipping. It's comparable to ContestShipping, which is also very popular: it has many hints, including some very strong ones.
    Pretty spot on, I've even seen people of conflicting shipping affiliations admit that Misty almost assuredly had a crush on Ash due to how focused the show was on the subject, which is somewhat amazing considering how divisive the shipping fandom can be. It can also be attributed to Misty being the first girl, spending the most time on the show (most of which was during the "fad" days of the late ninties through), and Pokeshipping not really having much in the way of competition during its run. As for the survey, I'll churn out an assessment sometime tomorrow, probably linking to gifs of the hints because I feel like getting some use out of GifCam.

... Oh, and I think this is the first time I've ever posted here. Hey guys, been a Pokeshipper since seeing the second movie in theaters back in 2000, but haven't been intensively active in the Pokeshipping internet community since around 2003. After hearing about Misty making her flashback appearance, I couldn't help but lapse on my absence and return. Here's hoping I stick around on the forums for a while longer this time!

Quote Originally Posted by Xeice
    Pretty spot on, I've even seen people of conflicting shipping affiliations admit that Misty almost assuredly had a crush on Ash due to how focused the show was on the subject, which is somewhat amazing considering how divisive the shipping fandom can be. It can also be attributed to Misty being the first girl, spending the most time on the show (most of which was during the "fad" days of the late ninties through), and Pokeshipping not really having much in the way of competition during its run. As for the survey, I'll churn out an assessment sometime tomorrow, probably linking to gifs of the hints because I feel like getting some use out of GifCam.

... Oh, and I think this is the first time I've ever posted here. Hey guys, been a Pokeshipper since seeing the second movie in theaters back in 2000, but haven't been intensively active in the Pokeshipping internet community since around 2003. After hearing about Misty making her flashback appearance, I couldn't help but lapse on my absence and return. Here's hoping I stick around on the forums for a while longer this time!
    Nice to meet you Xeice!
    I to have been a Pokeshipper since the release of Pokemon 2000! That movie, plus the orange league seasons, really seemed to emphasise Misty's feelings for Ash! And even though Ash was Ash (aka dense) I still have the feeling he likes her too (you know, being jealous around Rudy and Danny etc. etc.)

What is it about PokeShipping that grants it the longest longevity of any of the ships on the board?
    I know it sounds repetitious, but the fact Misty was Ash's first human companion, the fact Misty was present in more movies and seasons then the other girls, the fact Ash has brought up Misty in recent seasons (the lure episode and the flashback episode involving Charizard) and all the undeniable hints that were present in both the episodes and the movies, does it for me.
    I really don't see Ash or Misty ending up with anyone else...it just seems to weird, and gross :/

Aw, Pearlshipping has a lot more replies than us, but this is probably because this thread is the third Pokeshipping thread (I've heard the original thread got 22,000 replies ) I hope the Pokeshipping fanbase isn't dying.

Quote Originally Posted by AlotAAML
    Aw, Pearlshipping has a lot more replies than us, but this is probably because this thread is the third Pokeshipping thread (I've heard the original thread got 22,000 replies ) I hope the Pokeshipping fanbase isn't dying.
    Yeah I seen that to, and died a little inside.
    I don't think that the Pokeshipping fanbase is 'dying' I just think there's more supporters of other ships - like Pearlshipping, on serebii. I just don't see why other people can't see how awesome Pokeshipping is!!!!!

Pearlshipping has a lot of votes on that poll... a lot more than I expected. D:
    What is it about PokeShipping that grants it the longest longevity of any of the ships on the board?
    I think nostalgia plays a role in this - many of us growing up saw this couple from the very start. It also has MORE than enough hints to get it near-canon status (or at least canon one-sided...) The fanart and fanfics keep coming out, giving us new ways to keep the ship sailing. It's also been a ship for an extremely long time, one of the first to have a ship name dubbed (i think rocketshipping was the first :?), so that shows just how far back it goes. Perhaps we all hold a little hope that Misty will have future cameos, and Ash will eventually grow up a little. :P Even if it never reaches the coveted canon status, there are enough supporters and fanworks to keep our love for this ship alive.

So it sounds like there are going to be flashbacks of butterfree in an upcoming DA episode in June. Chances are if it's anything like the charizard episode, that their will be flashbacks that involve Misty since she was around a lot for Butterfree's biggest moments.

What Ash & Misty scenes that involve Butterfree would you like to see as flashbacks in the upcoming DA episode?

Here's a few that I would like to see.

^this one isn't likely, just wishful thinking

^Banner by me
    100% Pokeshipper, Contestshipper, Peguinshipper and Handymanshipper

It's the dedication of the fans that largely attributes to Pokeshipping's longevity. It's us, plain and simple. Pokeshipping still exists because the fans make it exist.
    " r u n y o u c l e v e r b o y . . . a n d r e m e m b e r. "

I don't know where to start re-quotingXD
    .. Oh, and I think this is the first time I've ever posted here. Hey guys, been a Pokeshipper since seeing the second movie in theaters back in 2000, but haven't been intensively active in the Pokeshipping internet community since around 2003. After hearing about Misty making her flashback appearance, I couldn't help but lapse on my absence and return. Here's hoping I stick around on the forums for a while longer this time!
    I never ever saw a pokemon movie in theaters XD Anyways, welcome Xiece!

Quote Originally Posted by Misty4ever View Post
    So it sounds like there are going to be flashbacks of butterfree in an upcoming DA episode in June. Chances are if it's anything like the charizard episode, that their will be flashbacks that involve Misty since she was around a lot for Butterfree's biggest moments.

What Ash & Misty scenes that involve Butterfree would you like to see as flashbacks in the upcoming DA episode?

Here's a few that I would like to see.

^this one isn't likely, just wishful thinking

This, I couldn't add more. This would probably a good flashback specially the one where butterfree left Ash back then.

It's maybe because Misty was the first closest female companion Ash gone through his journey, and mostly shippers would grow into it. The episodes and the moments considered as hints..I do agree with the others.. Nostalgia..the fans.. as long as fans/shippers were there to support their particular ship, the ship wouldn't die that instantly.
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || Bias:鹿晗 || hwaiting! || Inactive||

Most of you must have seen this already, but I found this while I was searching for something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b70GRNYnacI

The girl definitely looks like Ash when Pikachu licks her

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    Most of you must have seen this already, but I found this while I was searching for something.

Do you really think so? She resembles Lily with the pink hair & eye color tbh. Although Pikachu giving her a lick could mean something.
    Last edited by Blessed; 31st May 2013 at 2:55 PM.

That could mean something..that trailer could mean something too. If we could dig deeper , there could be a reason why Misty and the blue haired girl with the pink haired girl was there. All along, I was wondering where is Ash in that trailer, since picachu is there but he isn't. It does still remains a question in my mind.XD

By the way, we haven't keep the discussion going for some time. I have sometime to asked here,(I hope this wasn't been asked yet). I'm so sorry for being inactive here too.
    If you could describe Ash and Misty's relationship using some of the lyrics (could be one liners of your choice etc.)of a song (any song of your choice) what would it be?

~Ashist

I apologize extremely to interrupt your er, conversation or w/e. As a part of my project: Writing 50 unique Shipping one shots, I have begun my 50 Shippings to boot with... with the most canonical shipping: Pokeshipping. As Pokeshippers, I believe you might find this story to your interest. However as I am not an avid reader of other Pokeshipping fics, my take on it might be slightly strange for you Pokeshipping Veterans.

Here take a look at my EXTREMELY long One-shot: Drifting Apart.

Dedicated to SatoKasu~

<--My tumblr

\

^ Nice job on that. That is pretty an interesting story.XD

So I have made something, I haven't done anything art these week since my summer's gonna end and that makes me think about school again.
        Spoiler:- Hold onto the memories:

And also, Teppo has updated her twitter status with an OS Ash and Misty fanart.
        Spoiler:- Fanart by Teppo:

*I guess I'll probably be inactive nowadays. So see you guys..!XD

just want to know if can join in. that is one of favorite shipping

Quote Originally Posted by Iris meme View Post
    just want to know if can join in. that is one of favorite shipping
    Of course you can. Everyone's welcome. Welcome to the thread Iris meme!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashist_Wilketch View Post
    And also, Teppo has updated her twitter status with an OS Ash and Misty fanart.
        Spoiler:- Fanart by Teppo:
    I saw. 8D Teppo drew PS after so long! Teppo is part of the reason why I love Pokeshipping so much, and it's quite a shame how her drawing them has diminished over time. She has a lot, but I just wish she would keep on drawing more SatoKasu. I think Teppo draws whatever she feels like drawing. Since we hardly see Misty around, there’s not as much Pokeshiping fanart as before. People’s interests change. She currently has love for Cilan and Ash, but due to all the new Pokeshipping art, that doesn’t mean she’s given up on drawing Pokeshipping. Sometimes, artists draw what’s interesting to them at the time. Since she’s done recent art of Pokeshipping, I doubt she gave up on it. Still adore Teppo whether she draws PS or not TBH.

^ Even though Teppo is mainly and currently shipping and drawing Cafemoch, it's nice to see Teppo draw the OS series specially Ash and Misty. I really enjoyed her arts. She even draw other shippings that made me like to draw them too

Though the Butterfree episode didn't have Misty [or Brock] or any of the scene where Ash releases his butterfree, in the flashback, I made this little a not-so-good banner.XD It was a nice episode though we haven't got a chance to see the flashback back then when Ash had his caterpie up to the point of becoming a butterfree..Still it was a nice scene to remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashist_Wilketch View Post

Though the Butterfree episode didn't have Misty [or Brock] or any of the scene where Ash releases his butterfree, in the flashback, I made this little a not-so-good banner.XD It was a nice episode though we haven't got a chance to see the flashback back then when Ash had his caterpie up to the point of becoming a butterfree..Still it was a nice scene to remember.
    That Ash & Misty banner is soooo cute! And I was also upset that the recent Butterfree episode didn't even show a flashback of Misty I mean she was there when Butterfree left the show back in kanto but they didn't show her in the flashbacks. I really thought she would show up even for just a couple of seconds but oh well may be next time??

Quote Originally Posted by Ke$ha View Post
    That Ash & Misty banner is soooo cute! And I was also upset that the recent Butterfree episode didn't even show a flashback of Misty I mean she was there when Butterfree left the show back in kanto but they didn't show her in the flashbacks. I really thought she would show up even for just a couple of seconds but oh well may be next time??
    Thank you so much! Yeah.. I thought we're having flashbacks again but even so.. I think we can just rpobably keep our hopes up right? no matter how little it is.. or a flashback it is.

Oh yeah, it's a disappointed thing to hear..that a small doujin that Teppo made had been erased. A day or after it has been announced Teppo posted his/her fanart in the site:
    A gender-bending play.

Spoiler:- fanart:):

Can't really give a direct answer to the question, but have something to say on the subject in regards to comparison.

But lets look at a particular trait that Ash has. He's dense when it comes to romance, like when Sceptile had feelings for a Meganium in say "Odd Pokémon Out!"

As the Pokeshipping article on Bulbapedia points out, his cluelessness wasn't as heavy until after Johto (after Misty left that is). From Hoenn and up it's really an existing trait that's flanderized if anything.

I mean, look at Bye Bye Butterfree, Make Room for Gloom, Wherefore Art Thou, Pokémon? and "Hi Ho Silver... Away!" for starters. Compared to later episodes, he actually isn't as dense as he is in say "Odd Pokémon Out".

Mind you there's room to debate that he might not be interesting in being in a relationship (as people point out that he was or is 10), but at the very least, Kanto-Johto Ash at least understands some concepts like dating or "liking" someone.

Solid hints. It's hard for any other shippers to deny this. As a multishipper, when I try writing other shipping fics I will always make it seem like Misty doesn't exist in that particular fic. Because it's hard to deny the hints the show threw at us, and I wouldn't insult Misty by putting her in that fic as some kind of one-sided love.

<--My tumblr

\

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post

Ooh thank you! It reminds me of old reflections about First Movie! If Ash died? If Misty misses him? Is that possible? No, because its old trailer before the premiere. Maybe 15 years ago... in a galaxy far far away

hey there.. Do you think misty will come back for a cameo ? i really miss her

Page 177 of 254 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179180181187227 ... LastLast