Page 3 of 253 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

During the first film, where Ash is revived, say hypothetically that Misty confessed to Ash afterwards and then Ash says he feels the same way. Then Mewtwo does his thing where he wipes away everyone's memories of the events in the film. How would you have reacted, and what effect would this have on PokéShipping?

This is something new, and I feel like discussing this ^^

How would I have reacted. I don't know.
    At the time, I pretty much was interessted in battling, training my pokés in the Red version and seeing Mewtwo in action. I didn't care about Shippings then xD
    If I had cared then, I don't know...It may have been a childish reaction, I would have ranted on, saying how it wasn't fair...like a kid would lol

Now, when I consider shippings, I would have just felt like I was right !
    Since if Misty had confessed, she didn't know Mewtwo was about to wipe their memories.
    She would have wanted then to life on with Ash knowing she cares ! And that would have made PokéShipping canon (whether you consider movies canon or not is irrelevant at the moment).
    On the moment, like I just said, I'd feel really really happy and proud, since she confessed and was willing to live on with it. Alas, wiping her memory away would not have given her the chance to witness Ash rise from the dead, and therefore might still keep her feelings for her, and go on like the movie ended (Since the events have been erased from their minds, confession or not. What happened before didn't matter.).

Then I'd feel, again, disappointed, since I felt that would be like they hit a major "reset button" in the plot xD

But meh, I'd remain hopeful, since I'd know she confessed once, that means she likes him.
    When she confesses, that's a matter of time =)

Glad to give my piece of mind ^^

By the way, the thread look clean and well groomed, good job And no one-lineers, yay ! ^^
    Because of serebiiforums, my Life has been put on hold...

...wait, that sounds wrong...
    ...yeah, it's the other way around.

My Works : A, B, C, D, E

When/if Ash and Misty get married, do think they would settle down to raise a family, or do you think they will keep traveling together?

If Ash ever stops traveling, and becomes the greatest Pokemon master finally, then that's when he'll start to settle down and start a family most likely.

I don't think Ash and Misty would get married while Ash is still busy traveling to each region, even if they get together somehow ..it wouldn't be time for a marriage and family yet.

Misty is stuck at the gym, so she could easily have a family anytime, while still battling people who come to the gym. Ash on the other hand, can't really settle down till he's done with his Pokemon journeys ..and who knows. (that could take forever. x) )

Sadly, Misty won't be traveling with Ash ever again, because she needs to stay at her gym. D:
    Last edited by Mandi.; 10th February 2009 at 7:19 PM.

If a 'Tower of Terror' accident were to happen to Ash again and once again, only Misty was able to hear him, what would you imagine to happen? Would Ash spring back to life again in a short while? Or would the situation be more serious and he would risk dying? In fear of losing Ash's life, would Misty confess to him? Or would she keep it to herself again? What about Ash?

I don't think it would get too serious (i.e. he really could die/is already dead since he has no spirit), since it's a kids show. If Misty knew she was hearing Ash's voice (even if, in her mind, she thinks she's probably imagining it), they could use it as a beacon to locate his body - Brock wouldn't understand but Misty would say she just "knew" or "could feel" where he is. I think we'd all still want the scene where Ash carries her for awhile, though Anyway, I don't think she'd right out say, "I love you!" - when Ash is finally revived, she'd cry, but also do something else that would at least say, "You're very important to me" - like, silently grabbing him and just hugging him, not saying a word for awhile. That's what I picture. It would also be nice if either of them wondered just how ONLY Misty knew where he was or how she could hear him.

During the first film, where Ash is revived, say hypothetically that Misty confessed to Ash afterwards and then Ash says he feels the same way. Then Mewtwo does his thing where he wipes away everyone's memories of the events in the film. How would you have reacted, and what effect would this have on PokéShipping?

Oooh man. Well, I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be angry. I really hate endings like "It was all a dream" or "Their memory was wiped." I would definitely be disappointed - it's like the Fry/Leela from Futurama pairing; every time you thought they'd finally reached the romance level, by the next episode everything has been reset and forgotten by the characters. However, I'd at least know there's a huge chance they'd get together for "real" later on. It's not like the wipe would've erased their feelings, they just forgot they confessed to the other.

hi guys i know im late but at least i didn't miss the boat! (or the ship =))

What are your expectations from me, this thread, and AshxMisty in the future?

you: that you will do the right thing.... not much else

the thread\; that it will be a fun place

AshxMisty: the moon =)

I would yell and go on a rampage.... well not really but I'd be pretty damm mad...

When/if Ash and Misty get married, do think they would settle down to raise a family, or do you think they will keep traveling together?

both, they would travel with their family

wellz, thats all for now

L@ter~
    Fay D. Flourite. All kinds of epic.

image credit

my twin is xXContestShipperXx
    my Evil twin is riolulu
    my pair is Tadashi
    my wife is Mewluvr200
    my husband is Drybones446

Why hallo thar PSers. I hope I'm not too late.

Well it would certainly give PokeShipping a great boost and all. But I wouldn't be enraged when Mewtwo erases all of their memories. I think it would more or less ruin Pokemon's "not-being-oh-so-romantic" if Mewtwo didn't erase it. I mean, it's good to have mushy episodes once in a long while. Also, for like the people who weren't able to watch the movie may be suprised about the sudden mutual understanding or something between Misty and Ash. Anyways, I think just knowing that Misty does feel about Ash the way we think she does, and Ash feeling the same way, is enough for me.

If a 'Tower of Terror' accident were to happen to Ash again and once again, only Misty was able to hear him, what would you imagine to happen? Would Ash spring back to life again in a short while? Or would the situation be more serious and he would risk dying? In fear of losing Ash's life, would Misty confess to him? Or would she keep it to herself again? What about Ash?

I'd like to see Misty rush to Ash and find out if he's okay. Uhm, but I would like to make it more serious and more tragic. So that Misty gets to show more of her feelings. However I'd rather have it if she wouldn't confess. Yeah, I'm the kind of person who would want Misty to keep it in. Either that or I think this isn't the moment for her to say it to Ash. Although from what's going on in my mind, I think she will have to. D:
    White:
    Team A:
    Team B:
    Team C:

Sweet answers to the topic everyone. Now for me to answer a couple of them. ^^

I think a little bit of both, but of course they'll keep the major love making to when they go to a hotel or something. ~_^

Other than that, the might have to at least slow their travels down a little bit just in case Misty gets herself pregnant. ^^ Then once Misty gives birth, what happens afterwards will depend on them. ^^ Besides, i'd like to see Ash and Misty travel the world with their children. ^_^ Even though their children will eventually branch off to their own travels, I think it'll be fun to see them getting taught by their parents. ^_^

I think a part like that would've made a pretty awesome impact, even though Ash and Misty soon forget afterwards thanks to Mewtwo, but at least it'd give me a bit of excitement for another confession that they could never forget and hopefully remember for the rest of their lives. ^__^

Ya know..I think its winding down to the time where Mewtwo Strikes Back first arrived in Japan....maybe an idea like that would be fun to see...except for the memory wipe part. ^^

Besides, when Ash and Misty do confess to each other, its a moment I want both of them to remember. ^__^

Hmmm....gives me an idea for a new topic...i'll be back with it later. ^^

Paired with the Artistic Melody now over three years! (Glomps Melody)

I am the optimistic Pokeshipping warrior of San Jose, California! I am Moogleborg! SHINRYUKEN!!

If they did decide to raise a family (it's entirely up to them!), I think they wouldn't right away. Ash might still be a-ways from becoming a Pokemon Master, and would want to travel and learn more, and Misty would have her dreams as well. If they did come to a decision to have some kids, they'd want to look for somewhere to stay, at least for the duration of Misty's pregnancy (going into labor in the middle of the woods would be bad, I reckon). And I don't really think they'd want to raise the kid "on the road" - there should be a more stable place for them to grow up. When the kid is old enough to go on their own journey (assuming they don't have more or they're about the same age), maybe they could do their own traveling thing again. If the kid doesn't want to be a trainer (*gasp*) and go it alone, they could always take him/her along.
    Last edited by jigglypoof; 11th February 2009 at 5:44 PM.

Hi there guys, Post wh0re time

You'll do well, you don't look like a noob so you'll be fine. XD As for Ash x Misty in the future, hopefully the writers will treat us all to some lovely hints and beautiful characterization. I'm sure this ship can entertain us in many years to come.

Lke Nighting said, I think they would also do a bit of both too. Ash and Misty might still be looking out for the gym and Ash might help the kids before they chose what they want to do. XD I can imagine Misty settling down, but not Ash I would still think he'd want to travel around until the day he died.

I think I might have been a Pokeshipper straight away then the other mainstream ships, I'd develop to like. I think it would have a huge impact on pokeshipping as it would be the major ship. Then it would give us more hope that they would get to do it again.

Now I saw this topic; it would have been a shame if Mewtwo reset their memories for some reason, if that happened I would have hoped that Mewtwo would see that Misty and Ash had a strong relationship and remove the events but keep the memory of the confessions.

☆ Maya Fey: Ace Pokemon Trainer
    Carry On, BlisseyThe Other King☆
    Advancers Tumblr
    Banner by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design ✠

Hey, I'm a new member here, and just wanted to say that I adore Pokeshipping! And I will start answering the questions:

Well, I don't have any expectations for this thread yet...But I did just join ^_^ As for Ash and Misty, there's a lot of story telling that must continue and hopefully the writers will realize that and bring Misty back. Maybe then Ash and Misty's love can grow stronger...But, the writer's probably won't let Misty rejoin the main cast (why is beyond me) so, her long awaited guest appearance will hopefully also give us new pokeshipping hints from both Ash and Misty!

Good question, I think Ash and Misty would get married and I can see them living in Pallet Town (or possibly Cerulean City) with kids of their own, their kids will probably go on their own pokemon journey...As for Ash and Misty traveling...Maybe, but I picture them finally settling down after they have received the titles of Pokemon Master and Water Pokemon Master.

Ok, no matter what ever happens, I'm always going to be a pokeshipper, but here are my reactions to this hypothetical scene. Ok, so Misty confesses how she feels, I would be squealing. Ash says he feels the same way, I squeal louder. Then Mewtwo erases everyone's memories and I would freak out and scream at the movie. As for the affect on pokeshipping, I think it would be great to have that scene, even if their memories were erased, at least we the viewers would know how both Ash and Misty feel, so their could finally be no controversy between Pokeshipping and other shippings that include Ash and Misty with other people cause then everyone would know that Ash and Misty do love each other. However, I would love for them to actually know how they feel after they finally confessed. But let's hope they do someday, and by someday, I don't mean another 12 years from now ^_^

Hmmm...I think Ash, being the stubborn Pokemon trainer he is, would not want to stop traveling, unlike Misty, who I feel would really want to start a family. Ash might travel for a couple more years, then finally be ready to settle down. Whether he reached his goal of becoming a Pokemon Master (after doing whatever you have to do to achieve that) or not, I think Ash will be have become a bit more mature and responsible by then.
    "All of our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them."
    ~Walt Disney

Here my fanart, It's a part of a bigger picture on Deviant (I'm Melody1989 there) But heres just Ash and Misty seperate for just us pokeshippers cause we rock. (And to not get in trouble I drew this original and outline it no tracing purely my me)

My question is will Misty take over the gym and will Ash live there with her? I figure Ash would live close to home in kanto (not to mention he was offered to be a brain there). But there honeymoon just be like their last adventure together.

Yes! The brain wash idea. One of my favorite story ideas. Except in my version someone remembers what happens and breaks the news to Ash and Misty. Well Somehow They'll remember even if it's just a feeling, making it awkward. I remember when I thought the 2000 movie was the same and they forget all of Melody's teasing I was upset about that and thought that in a sequel they remembered.

Well...if they get together at age 10, they better not start a family for a good while. =P
    So I'd say if they got together at 10 or while they're young, they should still travel. Maybe five or so years where Ash can go to the various leagues and compete.

Once they're older though, I would say they should settle down. Ash can go to tournaments and stuff but no more wandering journeys and the like.

RAGE!!
    J/K

I'd be happy because this be the first absolute confirmation that Ash felt that way about Misty back.
    I'd be sad that they forgot that happened though. But no matter what happens, I'll always be a Pokeshipper.

Anyway, looking forward to that Evidence List.^^

That's very nice fanart, Melody. Now I have one more new topic. Because of how hints are for PokéShipping, we end up talking about why Misty feels the way she does for Ash, so my topic is:

What does Ash find attractive about Misty, if anything?

To start off, Ash actually seems to have a bit of physical attraction to her (even though it's incredibly rare). Moments like in "The Ghost of Maiden's Peak", "Beauty and the Beach", and "March of the Exeggutor Squad" come to mind. I also bet he like how she argues with him...in an unusual sort of way. Ash is the type of person who seems to respect people who can stand up for themselves, even if they're standing up to him.

Another thing I've notice is that when Ash praises her for doing something great, Misty kind of ignores it and seems to think of it as cheap flattery. Like in the final scene in "The Misty Mermaid". An obvious exception to this is "Gotta Catch Ya Later!", and in "As Clear as Crystal" where Ash off-handily comments that Misty doesn't need beauty sleep. But I think according to one of Melody's PokéShipping Commentaries, that wasn't said in the original Japanese version. Ash also seemed to have a newfound respect for Misty since she became a Gym Leader as well.
    "It's all right, it's all right, it's all right. Yeah, sometimes you gotta lose 'til you win.
    It's all right, it's all right, it's all right. It'll be all right again."

Nikkolas, you're really cutting on the edge here. As much as the rules say "No one-liners", your post is barely acceptable for the type of posts we expect in this thread. Have something more significant and more in-depth in your later posts please.

Well, I'll rephrase my question then....
    Espeonic said:
    Ash also seemed to have a newfound respect for Misty since she became a Gym Leader as well.
    Misty has been the de factor Gym Leader of the Cerulian Gym since the start hasn't she? Her sisters apparently never did anything but put on swimming shows. Plus Ash has battled her a couple times in pokemon duels.

I don't think her settling down and becoming the Gym Leader would make him respect her anymore.
    Last edited by Nikkolas; 13th February 2009 at 11:42 PM.

Well, I think he definitely notices that she's pretty (like in the above mentioned episodes) even if it's few and far between. He's probably also drawn to her confidence and energy (being energetic himself) and may even purposely try to get under her skin just so she'll argue with him. I'm sure he's happy with the fact that she's not that girlie, and therefore won't spend her time picking out something to wear or painting her toenails rather than battle or rough it in the woods. Granted, she is a bit feminine but it's not as bad as it could be and is not the intolerable "Ew, I'm not sleeping in the dirt!" or "That Pokemon broke my nail!" variety (as far as he's concerned)

It's kinda interesting finding the point when Ash started getting attracted to Misty. I don't think he really found her attractive until he finally saw her in a swimsuit whereupon Ash mentions that it was the first time he really saw Misty as a girl. It's interesting seeing that it wasn't until after that episode where Ash finds himself interested in Misty's appearance (Mesmerized by her wearing a kimono dress and teasing her about wearing a sexy Playboy Goldeen suit)

Like jigglypoof and Swifty mention above, one factor is certain to be Misty's looks. However, it did take some time to convince Ash of his attraction towards her. I guess the first times that he really began to notice her in that way were in Beauty and the Beach ("well, it's just strange to see you looking like a girl..." *Misty floors him*), and the infamous Ghost of Maiden's Peak, where she arrives to dance with him in a kimono and he is left breathless. However, i'd probably say that Ash began to become more tolerant towards Misty herself once she had mellowed out with him (i.e. discarded hard feelings about her bike) and he gained a new-found affection for her. This would be shown through their petty arguments, which you'd probably say was a cover for their feelings about each other.

I guess my insight is meaningful as it comes on the back of me just watching Pokemon, I Choose You, Pokemon Emergency and Ash Catches a Pokemon, where Ash and Misty aren't on best terms with each other due to the whole bike issue. It is interesting to note, however that there are still signs present that both are warming to each other. On Ash's side, he was genuinely taken aback when he thought that this girl was concerned about him after saving him from the river (although Misty claimed that she was only asking Pikachu), and later grabbing and twirling her around when catching Caterpie. Meanwhile, Misty is primarily unmoved by Ash's clumsiness and determination to do well as demonstrated by her coldness towards Ash's suggestion that she treat Caterpie better. This is where we see the first flash of infatuation from Misty though, when she stands with her hands by her back and observes that "i've never known anyone like him, he really likes Pokemon". It's also interesting to note that when Ash challenges her on why she's following him and Pikachu, she stumbles before making the excuse of her bike.

What are the thoughts of you guys on the interactions of Ash and Misty in those early days?
    Last edited by Blazing Charmander; 14th February 2009 at 9:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Espeonic View Post
    That's very nice fanart, Melody. Now I have one more new topic. Because of how hints are for PokéShipping, we end up talking about why Misty feels the way she does for Ash, so my topic is:

To start off, Ash actually seems to have a bit of physical attraction to her (even though it's incredibly rare). Moments like in "The Ghost of Maiden's Peak", "Beauty and the Beach", and "March of the Exeggutor Squad" come to mind. I also bet he like how she argues with him...in an unusual sort of way. Ash is the type of person who seems to respect people who can stand up for themselves, even if they're standing up to him.

Another thing I've notice is that when Ash praises her for doing something great, Misty kind of ignores it and seems to think of it as cheap flattery. Like in the final scene in "The Misty Mermaid". An obvious exception to this is "Gotta Catch Ya Later!", and in "As Clear as Crystal" where Ash off-handily comments that Misty doesn't need beauty sleep. But I think according to one of Melody's PokéShipping Commentaries, that wasn't said in the original Japanese version. Ash also seemed to have a newfound respect for Misty since she became a Gym Leader as well.
    Thanks, First time making AAML with paint.net. I plan to do more.

I don't remember translating that scene, I know I did the scene misty said she like Ash as a pikachu but I can't find the translations for the other scene. I wouldn't be surprized if it wasn't the same as in the dubbed (Basicly Ash was saying Misty was so beautifull she didn't need beauty sleep XD) I need to go back and watch my commentaries on my other computer.

Well from Beauty and the Beach her body look like a girl to him (even if it was the first time I saw her that way)

and the times Misty shown tears for Pokemon (like with togetic and most other girls (why crying is like being sexy for girls in Japan I don't understand? Here American kids must think Dawn is a crybaby lol)

What are the thoughts of you guys on the interactions of Ash and Misty in those early days?

Reminds me on Angie and Ash now, except Ash has mature with Angie. It funny to see them meet again for the first time now that they're matured. But I think it better they went through the immature phase together and they can look back laugh. I've notice theres alot of flashback in the anime now (like in Doc Brock when Pikachu got sick in the beganing of hoenn) So apparently Ash remember alot then I realize so hopefully Ash remember those days.
    Last edited by Melody93; 15th February 2009 at 1:32 AM.

That's a very nice fanart, Melody93. I really like it!

Here's a random factoid for the day for you all. You know how in Jirachi: Wish Maker Ash says that he has a friend who he misses everyday? Well, apparently in the Spanish dub of the movie he says he misses his "mejor amiga," meaning he misses his best friend. Also, because "amiga" is feminine in Spanish, we know he's referring to a girl; who could it be at that point in the anime besides Misty? Apparently, according to the Spanish dubbers, Misty is Ash's best friend; they must be Pokeshippers! Of course, this means next to nothing in terms of canon, but I still think it's pretty cool information (courtesy of Bulbapedia).

Well, we know he finds her physically attractive based on episodes like Ghost of Maiden's Peak, so I suppose that's a start. I think Ash also finds Misty's fighting spirit attractive and her love for Pokemon. Besides that, I think Ash may admire Misty's caring nature (she is really sweet and caring deep down) and maybe even her fiery spirit (and temper?). I think Ash may find Misty's skill as a trainer attractive, too. Darn, it's hard to put into words what Ash might find attractive about Misty and why he looks at her differently than he does the other girls (I realize things like "love for Pokemon" and "skill as a trainer" apply to Dawn and May as well), but I really think he does.

This is going to sound beyond corny, but I think the early interactions between Ash and Misty mirror those of two people who have crushes on each other: a lot of petty bickering and fighting that doesn't really mean anything and that is meant to cover up a person's true feelings. Now, though, I would say that Ash and Misty have progressed beyond the crush stage and really love each other; their relationship is marked more by mutual respect and caring, not bickering and fighting (though, of course, there's still some teasing for good measure)...at least that's how I see it.
    Milotic on fanfiction.net.

Quote Originally Posted by Milotic17 View Post
    That's a very nice fanart, Melody93. I really like it!

Here's a random factoid for the day for you all. You know how in Jirachi: Wish Maker Ash says that he has a friend who he misses everyday? Well, apparently in the Spanish dub of the movie he says he misses his "mejor amiga," meaning he misses his best friend. Also, because "amiga" is feminine in Spanish, we know he's referring to a girl; who could it be at that point in the anime besides Misty? Apparently, according to the Spanish dubbers, Misty is Ash's best friend; they must be Pokeshippers! Of course, this means next to nothing in terms of canon, but I still think it's pretty cool information (courtesy of Bulbapedia).

Well, we know he finds her physically attractive based on episodes like Ghost of Maiden's Peak, so I suppose that's a start. I think Ash also finds Misty's fighting spirit attractive and her love for Pokemon. Besides that, I think Ash may admire Misty's caring nature (she is really sweet and caring deep down) and maybe even her fiery spirit (and temper?). I think Ash may find Misty's skill as a trainer attractive, too. Darn, it's hard to put into words what Ash might find attractive about Misty and why he looks at her differently than he does the other girls (I realize things like "love for Pokemon" and "skill as a trainer" apply to Dawn and May as well), but I really think he does.

This is going to sound beyond corny, but I think the early interactions between Ash and Misty mirror those of two people who have crushes on each other: a lot of petty bickering and fighting that doesn't really mean anything and that is meant to cover up a person's true feelings. Now, though, I would say that Ash and Misty have progressed beyond the crush stage and really love each other; their relationship is marked more by mutual respect and caring, not bickering and fighting (though, of course, there's still some teasing for good measure)...at least that's how I see it.
    Thanks that's good to hear.

Sadly that hint in the japanese isn't the same: Oh my site and Dogasu confrim it was different, Ash is talking about how Jirachi sleep for years but it just like a second for him. However don't think Ash has never missed Misty, I don't believe that. I can see direct tranlations of that scene on my site.

I just watch the shaymin movie and Ash and Shaymin relationship like Ash and Misty in a way. I hear the Song: One was dedicated to their relationship where Shaymin secretly loves Ash in the lyrics. It's cute! Ash even hopes to see Shaymin again so I believe Ash misses and wants to see Misty again.

You can definitely tell Ash has found Misty attractive physically. Like Milotic stated in 'Ghost of Maiden's Peak.' I can't quite remember any other times. But he does find her looks attractive, that's for sure.

As for personality. Even though he can't stand it, you know he loves it deep down inside when she gets all firey at him. In a way, he seems to like to get on her nerves to make her angry ..but then she out-smartens him right away, and he gets all stubborn ..and their fights start. (OH HOW I MISS THOSE TWO!!) But Ash knows that Misty is very smart and caring as well. And I'm sure he likes how she's independent and she doesn't take crap from nobody. That definitely makes an attractive chick, I think.

THEY WERE MY FAVORITE. Like. First few seasons Ash and Misty ..were like my favorite interactions between two characters. And I agree with Milotic again. It did mirror two young children who have crushes on each other. The bickering, angry arguments starting over silly things, calling each other 'stupid, ugly, ect.' TOTAL CRUSHING! ;D But, man I miss those moments so much. Like it seems in every single episode, those two would get into a huge argument over something new, that normally ..people wouldn't really get that upset over. xD And back then, Ash was so much more slow and dense and stubborn ....and adding Misty with her temper ..just added great interactions between them.
    I really do miss them.

But o: I can always re-watch the older episodes! Even though it's really not the same. D:

Both hilarious and cute at the same time. Their constant bickering/teasing was never boring (Misty's yelling, Ash's "Wha?!", it goes on). Put them in a room together and you had comedy gold. But you also saw a soft side. Remember that scene in the Pokemon Center they'd taken that abandoned Charmander? You know, where Ash and Misty are sleeping with their heads almost touching? Yeah. Even the small things like holding hands so as not to lose each other in the dark, or blushing when accused of acting like they liked each other. I miss that so much. I really do.

I think finds Misty incredibly beautiful and one of the most powerful trainers that hes ever gone up against, as well as one of his most cherished and most important friends. Although if Misty still had the 'Ash Ketchum broke my bike' attitude, she'd probably give Ash the mallet pronto. ^^

Although who knows.....

What if Ash did openly give Misty a compliment? Just right now.

Especially since he has given Misty some comments, but most of that wound up having Master Ball shaped beach balls thrown at his face.

The Ash and Misty interactions back in the day, and forever always are the reasons why I watched the series for a majority of time. ^_^ I mean either if they were quarreling, battling, or just having fun with each other, Ash and Misty interaction is why I mostly look into it. ^^

Sadly, interactions with other lady characters can't quite cut it.....it lacks the interaction, energy and kawaiiness that Ash and Misty had. ^_^

Also, for a late Valentines Day present to everyone, heres a video I found from a friend off of Deviant Art. ^^ Enjoy everyone!

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...-+It+Takes+Two

Paired with the Artistic Melody now over three years! (Glomps Melody)

I am the optimistic Pokeshipping warrior of San Jose, California! I am Moogleborg! SHINRYUKEN!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkolas View Post
    Misty has been the de factor Gym Leader of the Cerulian Gym since the start hasn't she? Her sisters apparently never did anything but put on swimming shows. Plus Ash has battled her a couple times in pokemon duels.

I don't think her settling down and becoming the Gym Leader would make him respect her anymore.
    I suppose not. But remember that even though her sisters didn't take the job seriously (and still don't), they pretty much shoved Misty out of the spotlight as a Gym Leader and they even refered to her as "the runt of the family". She became more recognized as the Gym Leader when she realized what kind of reputation the Cerulean Gym had under the care of her sisters (who decided to take a trip around the world at the time).

I guess it was just more obvious to me what kind of respect Ash has for her in episodes like "Gotta Catch Ya Later!" and "A Togepi Mirage!" since they happened around the time she became the Gym Leader.

Back in the day, when I was first watching the anime, I actually kind of hated their interactions with each other. The two reasons why were I had a love-hate relationship with the first season and I also used to find Misty extremely irritating. She always seemed to be on Ash's case about everything. I did notice moments like in "The Ghost of Maiden's Peak" and "The Tower of Terror", but I quickly dismissed them because it didn't make sense to me. Heck, I didn't comprehend why Misty was following him in the first place. Just to get her bike back? Needless to say, I had an incredibly poor perception of not only Misty, but love-hate relationships as well.

During the Orange Islands, the hints became more apparent and I started to like their interactions, even though I didn't like "Navel Maneuvers" at first, because it annoyed me how Misty ignored Ash throughout the episode. By the time I watched Pokémon the Movie 2000, I started loving their interactions. Misty, on the other hand, I didn't really understand and loved he until the Mirage Kingdom episodes. After seeing those episodes, Ash and Misty became my favorite characters of the series. Too bad it happened seven seasons into the show, well after her leaving the main cast.

But now that I have a better understanding of Ash and Misty's relationship, I would probably really enjoy their interactions during the first season.
    "It's all right, it's all right, it's all right. Yeah, sometimes you gotta lose 'til you win.
    It's all right, it's all right, it's all right. It'll be all right again."

Page 3 of 253 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast