Page 270 of 274 FirstFirst ... 170220260266267268269270271272273274 LastLast
Results 6,726 to 6,750 of 6847

Thread: PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

  1. #6726
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    9

    Default

    I was bored and thought up some random way of how they could bring misty back to the anime..

    First the easiest way would simply be to have a water Pokémon tourney in Aloha. Similar to the whirl cup have it take place on some island where top trainers are invited to battle to win the trophy. Ash gets an invite along with misty being a gym leader and thus the tourney can take place over a few episodes. This is where the episode can be changed based on the approach of the reveal. They can have one version where ash and misty run into each other and talk about old times and promise to fight to win being on opposite sides of the tourney and thus face off in the finals. Ash can bring in his array of water Pokémon over the years for some nostalgia along with showing misty defeating foes as well to make it to the final.

    Or on the flip side they don't have them reconnect and instead its solely from ash's perspective where he's focused on the next battle and gets to the final to only then realize he's up against misty. This then concludes with a full match with each other battling it out for water Pokémon supremacy. One idea that would be cool to have would be a rematch with ash’s Kingler against misty’s psyduck. They have a quick throwback to ash remembering psyduck is strong when it gets a headache and thus attacks from range with a hyper beam or other ranged attack. Which in turn is to showcase that misty has trained psyduck to be able to use psychic without getting a headache and able to turn Kingler’s attack on itself and give psyduck the advantage. Though it’s still unable to swim cause it’s not perfect.

    Battle concludes with Misty’s Gyarados defeating Ash’s final pokemon and it gives misty a strong outing defeating ash while still making him look strong. At the end of the episode Ash and misty hang out and travel together for a few episodes or w/e till she returns back to the gym.

    -----

    I also thought of another way to have her join back with ash as a travel companion. Ash and misty at Oak’s lab before he heads out to the new area and Misty comments how she never wanted to stop traveling the world to be the best water Pokémon master and that her dream still remains. They stop by the Cerulean gym where she tries to get her sister to take over the gym again. While they first refuse, misty tells them how she never completed her dream and thus wants to travel the world again. She also tells them how many favors she has done for them covering the gym the past however many seasons it’s been and they accept if she leaves most of her Pokémon behind.
    So she takes with her to the new area.
    Gyarados – ultimate badass
    Psyduck – comic relief with the ability to be a lifesaver with psychic
    Azurill – Seems to fill in the void of Togepi where it’s her mascot Pokémon.
    And the last spot would be one of the following 3
    Politoed – strong but goofy, didn’t get much time to showcase itself after it evolved in johto.
    Staryu – was one of her most used throughout the series that is easily connected to her character.
    Starmie – Little used in the original series usually being weaker then staryu so could get a redemption arc where it’s used more often and gets its time to shine.
    Lastly she would have two open spots for new captures of new Pokémon.

    And why not just before they head off to the new zone Brock shows up to join the crew to make a reunion as they head off for more adventure.

  2. #6727
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagletalon22 View Post
    I was bored and thought up some random way of how they could bring misty back to the anime..

    First the easiest way would simply be to have a water Pokémon tourney in Aloha. Similar to the whirl cup have it take place on some island where top trainers are invited to battle to win the trophy. Ash gets an invite along with misty being a gym leader and thus the tourney can take place over a few episodes. This is where the episode can be changed based on the approach of the reveal. They can have one version where ash and misty run into each other and talk about old times and promise to fight to win being on opposite sides of the tourney and thus face off in the finals. Ash can bring in his array of water Pokémon over the years for some nostalgia along with showing misty defeating foes as well to make it to the final.

    Or on the flip side they don't have them reconnect and instead its solely from ash's perspective where he's focused on the next battle and gets to the final to only then realize he's up against misty. This then concludes with a full match with each other battling it out for water Pokémon supremacy. One idea that would be cool to have would be a rematch with ash’s Kingler against misty’s psyduck. They have a quick throwback to ash remembering psyduck is strong when it gets a headache and thus attacks from range with a hyper beam or other ranged attack. Which in turn is to showcase that misty has trained psyduck to be able to use psychic without getting a headache and able to turn Kingler’s attack on itself and give psyduck the advantage. Though it’s still unable to swim cause it’s not perfect.

    Battle concludes with Misty’s Gyarados defeating Ash’s final pokemon and it gives misty a strong outing defeating ash while still making him look strong. At the end of the episode Ash and misty hang out and travel together for a few episodes or w/e till she returns back to the gym.

    -----

    I also thought of another way to have her join back with ash as a travel companion. Ash and misty at Oak’s lab before he heads out to the new area and Misty comments how she never wanted to stop traveling the world to be the best water Pokémon master and that her dream still remains. They stop by the Cerulean gym where she tries to get her sister to take over the gym again. While they first refuse, misty tells them how she never completed her dream and thus wants to travel the world again. She also tells them how many favors she has done for them covering the gym the past however many seasons it’s been and they accept if she leaves most of her Pokémon behind.
    So she takes with her to the new area.
    Gyarados – ultimate badass
    Psyduck – comic relief with the ability to be a lifesaver with psychic
    Azurill – Seems to fill in the void of Togepi where it’s her mascot Pokémon.
    And the last spot would be one of the following 3
    Politoed – strong but goofy, didn’t get much time to showcase itself after it evolved in johto.
    Staryu – was one of her most used throughout the series that is easily connected to her character.
    Starmie – Little used in the original series usually being weaker then staryu so could get a redemption arc where it’s used more often and gets its time to shine.
    Lastly she would have two open spots for new captures of new Pokémon.

    And why not just before they head off to the new zone Brock shows up to join the crew to make a reunion as they head off for more adventure.
    Excellent ideas.I'm sure there are many ways to bring misty back for a while but I don't understand why the makers not tend to do that :/..I hate them for it.

  3. #6728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashmisty View Post
    @zdbz_sn..i love that last scene from maiden's peak..when ash was speechless when he saw misty in her kimono..i don't blame him..she is a gorgeous girl @majormanafemale...i love all those scenes too...especially the cliff scene where ash got jealous when misty was showing extra concern for danny..i just love that scene..one of the best hints that ash too has feelings for her...n there was this scene in that movie where ash jumps off of the cliff to save pikachu..n misty while crying was about to jump after him..why did the makers delete that scene..stupid them!!..it could have been the biggest hint that misty loves ash.my next question-what would ash n misty be like as adults..i mean how would they behave if they became a couple after turning into adults?..this question has always intrigued me.though i have read many fanfictions about them as adults n in a relationship..but how would they behave in the anime?..especially ash lol
    I really don't see them being much different they are Ash and .Misty. They will still want to save the world. Be stubborn with bit of temper and enjoy the flirting arguments. Just after one of those they will kiss. And maybe after married will make love after one of those.
    Pokémon ships I am most into.
    Firm ships poke,handyman,and contest.

    Loose ships, Paul x Dawn x Zoey,Paul x Dawn, Dawn x Zoey, and Clemont x Serena

    Platonically flirt ships Delia x Oak and Delia x Brock.

    Favorite friendship ship
    Misty x May

  4. #6729
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by majormanafemale View Post
    I really don't see them being much different they are Ash and .Misty. They will still want to save the world. Be stubborn with bit of temper and enjoy the flirting arguments. Just after one of those they will kiss. And maybe after married will make love after one of those.
    I agree.i have always found their arguments a little 'flirtatious' .n ya they would remain the same but I can't imagine ash being romantic when he is as dense as a rock in this department lol.he would need some lessons from brock.as misty is already a hopeless romantic . My next question-do u think ash n misty miss each other or still keep in touch?

  5. #6730
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    7

    Default

    I was so frustrated when i didn't see Misty on trailer of M20 and i'm pretty sure a lot of people also were. But just wondering how Japanese people approached it. Can anyone inform on on how Japanese fans were like to see Misty is absent?

  6. #6731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashmisty View Post
    I agree.i have always found their arguments a little 'flirtatious' .n ya they would remain the same but I can't imagine ash being romantic when he is as dense as a rock in this department lol.he would need some lessons from brock.as misty is already a hopeless romantic . My next question-do u think ash n misty miss each other or still keep in touch?
    Misty thinks she is hopeless romantic but she really isn't. She likes idea of it but when comes to it being done it's not for her. Her reaction is confussion.Ash and Misty so keep in touch. Thru video phone calls. At the pokémon center after Ash's other friends go to bed he slips down to call Misty in his pj's. They tease each other sometimes about pj choice. They tell each other how day was and say goodnight. If one has big story they will tell the other. They still miss each other but they do keep in touch.
    Pokémon ships I am most into.
    Firm ships poke,handyman,and contest.

    Loose ships, Paul x Dawn x Zoey,Paul x Dawn, Dawn x Zoey, and Clemont x Serena

    Platonically flirt ships Delia x Oak and Delia x Brock.

    Favorite friendship ship
    Misty x May

  7. #6732
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GyaraKnite View Post
    I was so frustrated when i didn't see Misty on trailer of M20 and i'm pretty sure a lot of people also were. But just wondering how Japanese people approached it. Can anyone inform on on how Japanese fans were like to see Misty is absent?
    I'm no expert, but I know Teppo (well-known Japanese fan artist) was unhappy, and others on Tumblr have reported some displeasure by parts of the Japanese fanbase.

  8. #6733
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zdbz_sn View Post
    I'm no expert, but I know Teppo (well-known Japanese fan artist) was unhappy, and others on Tumblr have reported some displeasure by parts of the Japanese fanbase.
    Well, thanks. I just wanted to know if amount of hype for Kasumi is big enough to make them actually care about it.

  9. #6734
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by majormanafemale View Post
    Misty thinks she is hopeless romantic but she really isn't. She likes idea of it but when comes to it being done it's not for her. Her reaction is confussion.Ash and Misty so keep in touch. Thru video phone calls. At the pokémon center after Ash's other friends go to bed he slips down to call Misty in his pj's. They tease each other sometimes about pj choice. They tell each other how day was and say goodnight. If one has big story they will tell the other. They still miss each other but they do keep in touch.
    I hope what u r saying is true as we don't know for sure as it's never shown.my next question-if ash n misty become a couple who would be the dominant one n who would be the more submissive one?
    Last edited by Ashmisty; 16th June 2017 at 1:56 PM.

  10. #6735
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    perlas ng silangan
    Posts
    1,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by majormanafemale View Post
    Misty thinks she is hopeless romantic but she really isn't. She likes idea of it but when comes to it being done it's not for her. Her reaction is confussion.Ash and Misty so keep in touch. Thru video phone calls. At the pokémon center after Ash's other friends go to bed he slips down to call Misty in his pj's. They tease each other sometimes about pj choice. They tell each other how day was and say goodnight. If one has big story they will tell the other. They still miss each other but they do keep in touch.
    I wish we could see that tho, but I know it won't happened and I don't know if they still keep in touch with each other but one thing for sure they didn't forget who is who... But if we're to talk about how supportive Misty was to Ash, Misty's cameo in AG arc shows it.
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD



    Semi Art Site:PixivPS DiscordJoin our Pokemon Discord:PokeToku!

  11. #6736
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Any signs of misty n brock in the 20th movie?

  12. #6737
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    perlas ng silangan
    Posts
    1,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashmisty View Post
    Any signs of misty n brock in the 20th movie?
    As far as I know, there's none. yet And I feel that they'll not be there nor have any future pokeshipping moments.
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD



    Semi Art Site:PixivPS DiscordJoin our Pokemon Discord:PokeToku!

  13. #6738
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2

    Default

    sorry if my comment is somehow out of the topic well the thing is i m a new member here and i just want to know something have you seen the pokemon 20 th movie trailer ....well i m shoked they totally rewrote pokemon as a pokeshipper that was a big hit in the face ..plss does anyone know any extra informations about that did they really just forgot about misty and brock this is a nightmare to me
    Last edited by Meowth City; 2nd July 2017 at 10:50 AM.

  14. #6739
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    The road to Viridian City
    Posts
    2,929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manal View Post
    hello i m new here plls there is something i need to know . have u seen the pokemon 20 th movie trailer ...well i did and i was totally shoked ..where are misty and brock what are those writers thinking they v just ruined our childhood ..plls does anyone have any extra informations about that
    There is a thread with information and news about the movie in the Anime Spoilers section, so you should check that out if you want to know more information (and/or join the discussion about the movie). To answer your question, though, Misty and Brock are not in this movie as Ash's companions (although we can't rule out the possibility of them appearing as Gym Leaders).

    (Banner made by me, Satomine Night)
    Request a banner from Studio Satomine Graphics
    Check out my art gallery to see more of my banners.


  15. #6740
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    perlas ng silangan
    Posts
    1,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manal View Post
    sorry if my comment is somehow out of the topic well the thing is i m a new member here and i just want to know something have you seen the pokemon 20 th movie trailer ....well i m shoked they totally rewrote pokemon as a pokeshipper that was a big hit in the face ..plss does anyone know any extra informations about that did they really just forgot about misty and brock this is a nightmare to me
    Like the above just said, you pokemon 20th movie thread will give you further answers. As a fellow shipper, I feel you and understand what you feel. like you, many we shocked, I wasn't expecting Misty and Brock though but I can't deny I was hoping to be them, specially Misty.

    Other than that.. I welcome you to the thread!
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD



    Semi Art Site:PixivPS DiscordJoin our Pokemon Discord:PokeToku!

  16. #6741
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2

    Default :^

    thank u guys i ll read it . let s just hope we see misty again

  17. #6742
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    55

    Default

    I hope to see misty again too..I would love to see ash n misty interact again..it's been years since any pokeshipping moments :/..although I never get bored of any pokeshipping moments but I want to see new ones..how could writers just ignore misty's character for soo long.

  18. #6743
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,295

    Default

    It Seems Misty Voice actor (Iizuka, Mayumi) will do the narration for next week episode ,



    Last edited by AshSerena; 9th July 2017 at 7:57 AM.

  19. #6744
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AshSerena View Post
    It Seems Misty Voice actor (Iizuka, Mayumi) will do the narration for next week episode ,
    Thanks. Good, let's enjoy!

  20. #6745
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    perlas ng silangan
    Posts
    1,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AshSerena View Post
    It Seems Misty Voice actor (Iizuka, Mayumi) will do the narration for next week episode ,



    It's not like it'll bring pokeshipping moments . OH! Seems interesting! It would be nice if Ash and Misty's VA would do the narrating together //shots. We'll at least we get to hear Misty's VA voice.

        Spoiler:- uhm?:
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD



    Semi Art Site:PixivPS DiscordJoin our Pokemon Discord:PokeToku!

  21. #6746
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Deep (Fried) South
    Posts
    5,401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ⊱✿RedAshEntropy View Post
    It's not like it'll bring pokeshipping moments . OH! Seems interesting! It would be nice if Ash and Misty's VA would do the narrating together //shots. We'll at least we get to hear Misty's VA voice.

        Spoiler:- uhm?:
    I really like it that Ash and Misty's voice-actors seem to ship Pokeshipping. I mean, even if there's no "real" version of a character that's more valid than any others, since they're the ones who portray(ed) the characters... I can't help feeling the characters lie with them. It makes it feel kinda canon, you know? ...I'll take what I can get XD.
    These are my fanfics. Read them. Or not, whatever.
    Pokemon Generations: Satsumi's Journey (Interlude 3 Now Up!)
    My Fanfiction.net Profile

    This is my Tumblr. Read it if you are so inclined.
    The Philosophy of Shipping (shipdr.tumblr.com)

  22. #6747
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    perlas ng silangan
    Posts
    1,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakajin View Post
    I really like it that Ash and Misty's voice-actors seem to ship Pokeshipping. I mean, even if there's no "real" version of a character that's more valid than any others, since they're the ones who portray(ed) the characters... I can't help feeling the characters lie with them. It makes it feel kinda canon, you know? ...I'll take what I can get XD.
    I know that feeling! hihi. And I also would like to hear their VAs. like interacting using their character voice and it just feel like them. This made me remember of the twitter updates Ash and Misty's English VAs did. I wish to see more of it..hopefully. XDXD
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD



    Semi Art Site:PixivPS DiscordJoin our Pokemon Discord:PokeToku!

  23. #6748
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Deep (Fried) South
    Posts
    5,401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ⊱✿RedAshEntropy View Post
    I know that feeling! hihi. And I also would like to hear their VAs. like interacting using their character voice and it just feel like them. This made me remember of the twitter updates Ash and Misty's English VAs did. I wish to see more of it..hopefully. XDXD
    Hi! It's a little off the topic of Pokeshipping, but since we're talking about VAs' shipping... I just realized this works both ways for me. So, lately I've been rewatching Star vs. the Forces of Evil. It's an awesome show which I definitely recommend, particularly to Pokeshippers, because the main characters, Star and Marco, have that close friendship dynamic that we all love so much. The ship is called Starco, because of course it is. So, Marco's VA totally ships it, which I love, and it's probably end-game canon (knock on wood). But I just found out that Star's VA actually ships the main opposition, which is Jackie/Marco (Jarco). This bugs me. Not that I think it'll have any bearing on what actually happen on the show... it just bugs me.

    I guess my point is that I really do feel like the VAs' feelings about such things carry weight; it's not just something I use to make ships I like feel more valid to me. ...Some of this has to do with when I played Dungeons and Dragons in college, too. It was just the one campaign, but I got pretty invested in my character, and... I actually got pretty upset once when things didn't seem to be going well for her, shipping-wise. I thought of the character as being part of myself, because her thoughts and feelings were really my thoughts and feelings. Although, it becomes more complicated when there are multiple people involved in the creation of a character, and you have audience interpretation, too. And you realize that every interpretation of a character is essentially a different character because they're different people's thoughts and feelings; they don't all agree with the author's intent, but that doesn't really matter, they still exist in their own right.

    ...I did well inCritical Theory because of shipping.
    Last edited by Hakajin; 15th July 2017 at 7:35 PM.
    These are my fanfics. Read them. Or not, whatever.
    Pokemon Generations: Satsumi's Journey (Interlude 3 Now Up!)
    My Fanfiction.net Profile

    This is my Tumblr. Read it if you are so inclined.
    The Philosophy of Shipping (shipdr.tumblr.com)

  24. #6749
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AshSerena View Post
    It Seems Misty Voice actor (Iizuka, Mayumi) will do the narration for next week episode ,



    Ohh..I thought she quit the show a long time ago..She did a great job as misty's voice actress..I loved misty's voice ..umm are u talking about Rachel Lillis or the Japanese voice actor?
    Last edited by Ashmisty; 14th July 2017 at 2:04 PM.

  25. #6750
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakajin View Post
    I really like it that Ash and Misty's voice-actors seem to ship Pokeshipping. I mean, even if there's no "real" version of a character that's more valid than any others, since they're the ones who portray(ed) the characters... I can't help feeling the characters lie with them. It makes it feel kinda canon, you know? ...I'll take what I can get XD.
    U mean to say Veronica n Rachel support pokeshipping?

Page 270 of 274 FirstFirst ... 170220260266267268269270271272273274 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •