Page 107 of 254 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 6346

Thread: PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

In your opinion, between Ash and Misty, who is the one that likes each other the most?

I think, Misty. Based on and comparing the hints from her side and Ash, Misty shows a lot more hints and proofs that she likes Ash. (Ash's side hints are quite rare)Her concern, the way she care for him and the jealousy and denial they have been through really affects her feelings toward him. It would be nice if Ash got the hints to show his feelings for Misty, but he seems so dense and clueless when it comes to Love..As a whole It's nice seeing Misty and Ash sharing their concern whenever someone is in a great danger..
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || Bias:鹿晗 || hwaiting! || Inactive||

In your opinion, between Ash and Misty, who is the one that likes each other the most?

Misty, hands down. Not like Ash hasn't shown any signs of attraction toward Misty, because he has, but they're subtle ie. blushing, denial and jealously. Misty has all but outright confessed her love for the guy. It's all the ignorance on Ash's part that knocks him down a few pegs. It's the reason why so many people are waiting for him to grow up so he can finally understand such feelings clearly.
    " r u n y o u c l e v e r b o y . . . a n d r e m e m b e r. "

I think we all know the answer to that...Misty, lol. Although, Ash does show his interest and when he does, it's very strong. Misty, however, shows an interest in Ash throughout the series (just kidding cause for some reason seasons 3-5 started having less pokeshipping hints :P) but she shows her attraction to him a lot. She gets jealous, blushes, grows great concern for him when he's in trouble/danger (of course this is more friendship), and so forth. My favorite Misty hint has to be one that isn't technically "pokeshipping", it could be any Misty shipping but Ash is the only guy (aside from guys like Danny and Rudy who she basically liked for one episode lol) she showed a romantic interest in..the hint is when she decides not to go on a date with...oh geez what's the guy's name? Oh well, doesn't matter, she turns him down xD And not only that, but the reason was cause she likes someone else, yay one-sided canon! lol, and to top it off when you think of it...she's waiting for Ash, way too cute and romantic, that's just like Misty to wait for him though. Anyways, she's more mature and romantic anyways, of course she'd be the one who shows more of the hints...

But I have to say, one of the best (and in my opinion it is the best) pokeshipping hints is an Ash sided one when he sees Misty in her kimono -melts- how can anyone think that scene is NOT romantic? I find that scene to be proof that whether Ash realizes it or not, he likes Misty romantically, and he shows strong signs that he does through his jealousy asking quite angirly "who is this guy?" when guys show an interest in Misty...But at the end of the day, he's the same old Ash...Gahh, come on Ash, you can't be oblivious forever!!
    Last edited by blondekid15; 1st March 2011 at 10:13 PM.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Add me on youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AMVGeek15

Misty, hands down. her hints could easily tell us she had feeligns for Ash, since day one they met. But my memory is really bad with the hints where she did show her feeligns to Ash. I'm sure Ash showed a few along the track as well.

And question, were there any hints when Misty came along to visit Ash at Mirage Island? i can't remember. =/

And question, were there any hints when Misty came along to visit Ash at Mirage Island? i can't remember. =/
    say,I think they all glad seeing Misty, Ash gets excited and walks off happily. But Misty quickly pulls him back by the hood. Later on, when Misty is kidnapped *taken* by Team Rocket, Ash is the first one to run after her.

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/picture....ictureid=17537

I think this is one of the hints back then..

Quote Originally Posted by midnightjewelz View Post
    [B]And question, were there any hints when Misty came along to visit Ash at Mirage Island? i can't remember. =/
    Yep, there were a few. One was when Misty teasingly said that Ash can be "surprisingly helpful". Ash took this oppurtunity to try and start an argument by saying "that surprisingly wasn't necessary" and he was like an inch away from her face The next hint/moment was that the villian, whatever his name is, shows up and ash says "get misty and the other's away from here" <333 Of course, this was in english so no idea if he said get everyone out of here or something completely different instead of singling misty out in the original but he was standing protectively in front of her (..may and max too but come on, the episode was focusing on misty's return)

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Add me on youtube:

It's sort of hard to tell which character likes the other the most, since Ash tends to hide his feelings and Misty would often lash out whenever people would call Ash her "boyfriend". However, after careful consideration, I'm going to have to side with those who say that Misty likes Ash more than Ash likes Misty. I base that on the fact that females are generally more in-tune with their feelings and I believe that Misty would have thought more about Ash than Ash would have thought about Misty. With so much time spent focusing on Ash, I think Misty would have been able to figure out exactly how she felt about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiyomi View Post
    Okay, I was going to do 100 Pokeshipping themes, but it really doesn't seem like that many people are interested, so I stopped at 50. If anyone's dying for more then maybe I could expand it, but this should be enough anyway.

So here are themes for Pokeshipping oneshots/drabbles/fics. Hopefully a few of these jump starts your brain for some Pokeshipping creativity! This is not a contest so there will be no prizes or voting. However, if you participate then I'll make you a Pokeshipping image that says how many themes you've completed (just PM me). Good luck and happy writing!
    I might particpate in this, even though my experience with fanfic writing is extremely sparse. I do have a chapter of a fanfic that I've been thinking about writing. It has more PokéShipping in it than my other chapters (and a little HandymanShipping, too). It's not from a PokéShipping fanfic per se; I try to base it more strongly on the anime in general rather than a full-fledge PokéShipping fic, but I definitely plan on having some PokéShipping in it. I'm not sure if that would count for much, though...

Well, it's certainly more obvious that Misty likes Ash compared to Ash liking Misty. I wouldn't necessarily say that means she likes him more than he likes her, though. I might even go as far to say that the two of them like each other equally...while the hints with Ash are less frequent and typically more subtle, I look at some of the Ash hints, namely the jealously of Danny and how he says goodbye to Misty (assuming that part in the dub is the same in the Japanese version), and I kind of think Ash thinks of Misty at the same level of how Misty thinks of him, just in a different way, if that makes any sense to anybody. That being said, Misty defintely has a better grasp of romantic feelings than Ash does.
    "It's all right, it's all right, it's all right. Yeah, sometimes you gotta lose 'til you win.
    It's all right, it's all right, it's all right. It'll be all right again."

Quote Originally Posted by Espeonic View Post

Well, it's certainly more obvious that Misty likes Ash compared to Ash liking Misty. I wouldn't necessarily say that means she likes him more than he likes her, though. I might even go as far to say that the two of them like each other equally...while the hints with Ash are less frequent and typically more subtle, I look at some of the Ash hints, namely the jealously of Danny and how he says goodbye to Misty (assuming that part in the dub is the same in the Japanese version), and I kind of think Ash thinks of Misty at the same level of how Misty thinks of him, just in a different way, if that makes any sense to anybody. That being said, Misty defintely has a better grasp of romantic feelings than Ash does.
    I'm simply going to add to this, since it would be redundant to repeat what you said. But yeah, when there are hints from Ash's side they can be pretty notable.

There's as mention in another post his stare when he sees Misty in a kimono. Plus, I can't help but think he was trying to impress her with his capture of Pidgeotto, only to look worse of course.

And to point out again, Bulbapedia makes an interesting statement. Before Misty's departure, Ash was actually more understanding of matters of the heart.

Compare how he dealt with the Butterfree's interest in the Pink Butterfree and how dense he was when Grovyle and Corpish were lovestruck.

Pretty notable.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiyonder View Post
    And to point out again, Bulbapedia makes an interesting statement. Before Misty's departure, Ash .
    Wait... What do you mean that Ash (Satoshi) "was actually more understanding of matters of the heart" before Misty (Kasumi) departs? I don't completely understand.

Youtube/Ace Combat Skies/FFN (FF.Net)/Bulbagarden Forums (BMGF)/Electrosphere.info/deviantART/MyAnimeList

It is pretty unfortunate that I can't be active anymore, but I have dropped out of Pokemon and therefore, not very active anymore in this forums

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius_1 View Post
    Wait... What do you mean that Ash (Satoshi) "was actually more understanding of matters of the heart" before Misty (Kasumi) departs? I don't completely understand.
    He was never a romance expert to be honest, but in Kanto through Johto, he at least understood the much simple concepts like a crush.

For instance, in Bye Bye Butterfree, he understands that his Butterfree had taken a liking to the Pink Butterfree. In Make Room For Gloom, he understands that Bulbasaur had a crush on Gloom.

But in the Pokemon Advance episode Odd Pokemon Out, he is completely dense that Grovyle developed a crush on Meganium.

There's as mention in another post his stare when he sees Misty in a kimono.
    Well He is a guy, but I till he have more of a friendship with misty then a loveship.

When my friend drass nicely I kinda like "wow" looked, but we only friends.
    Friend Codes
    Pokemon Battle Revolution: 5371-8295-7401
    Pokemon Heart Gold: 1978 8054 7354
    Pokemon Soul Silver:
    Pokemon Black: 3138 5901 2562
    Pokemon White:
    Pokemon Diamond:
    Pokemon Pearl:
    Pokemon Platinum:
    Pokemon Platinum:

PM me if you want to battle and trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix Thunderheart View Post
    When my friend drass nicely I kinda like "wow" looked, but we only friends.
    Yeah I get that but in anime, pink sparkles and whatnot mean romance, so the fact that Ash was like "wow" AND those sparkles were behind Misty and not to mention the sounds of the festival were almost gone and replaced with harps, means whether he knows it or not, he does have romantic feelings for her. But of course the writers have disregarded it later in the series when the hints died down Dx

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Add me on youtube:

Quote Originally Posted by blondekid15 View Post
    But of course the writers have disregarded it later in the series when the hints died down Dx
    Actually, the show at several points was suppose to end (in Indigo or Johto), thus the writers were good with hinting at the couple (The original trailer for the Mewtwo movie implies that the two had a child). But after it became apparent that the show wouldn't die anytime soon, the romance was removed.

He was never a romance expert to be honest, but in Kanto through Johto, he at least understood the much simple concepts like a crush.

For instance, in Bye Bye Butterfree, he understands that his Butterfree had taken a liking to the Pink Butterfree. In Make Room For Gloom, he understands that Bulbasaur had a crush on Gloom.

But in the Pokemon Advance episode Odd Pokemon Out, he is completely dense that Grovyle developed a crush on Meganium.

What do you mean that he is dense that the Grovyle had a crush on Meganium, and he is aware that his Butterfree had a crush on a pink one? I missed the entire Original Series, and a lot of Advanced Generation Series, so I don't know what have happened.

Actually, the show at several points was suppose to end (in Indigo or Johto), thus the writers were good with hinting at the couple (The original trailer for the Mewtwo movie implies that the two had a child). But after it became apparent that the show wouldn't die anytime soon, the romance was removed.

Well, speaking of the original trailer, why I didn't see Ash in the future part of the trailer? I only see Misty, her would-be daughter, and Pikachu. I wonder what is Ash's supposed fate in the movie?

And from the original trailer, I think the show would originally end in Kanto. But I don't know if the show was planned to end in Johto either.

Quote Originally Posted by blondekid15 View Post
    Yeah I get that but in anime, pink sparkles and whatnot mean romance, so the fact that Ash was like "wow" AND those sparkles were behind Misty and not to mention the sounds of the festival were almost gone and replaced with harps, means whether he knows it or not, he does have romantic feelings for her. But of course the writers have disregarded it later in the series when the hints died down Dx
    The hints died down? But why? I thought there's still some Pokeshipping hints from some of the Johto episodes I saw on the net.

Youtube/Ace Combat Skies/FFN (FF.Net)/Bulbagarden Forums (BMGF)/Electrosphere.info/deviantART/MyAnimeList

It is pretty unfortunate that I can't be active anymore, but I have dropped out of Pokemon and therefore, not very active anymore in this forums

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius_1 View Post
    What do you mean that he is dense that the Grovyle had a crush on Meganium, and he is aware that his Butterfree had a crush on a pink one? I missed the entire Original Series, and a lot of Advanced Generation Series, so I don't know what have happened.
    Might help if you look for those episodes then. My post is made with the presumption that posters are familiar with the Indigo Seasons (which all three volumes are still available for DVD) and the Johto Season.

Might help if you look for those episodes then. My post is made with the presumption that posters are familiar with the Indigo Seasons (which all three volumes are still available for DVD) and the Johto Season.
    Well, but older Pokemon DVD's didn't enter Indonesia, so I'm out of luck.

And let's get back on topic

At any rate, Chapter 43 of AAML: Diamond and Pearl Version was recently put up- http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5830471/..._Pearl_version

And Ash gets another Pokemon that he didn't get in the series.

To be honest I want to say Misty but I can't. Simply because both Ash and Misty show each other feelings at different levels. Misty has more common hints but some can be subtle and some quite obvious. Ash however, shows interest on occasions, but really strong interest. Misty also is a romantic, therefore it's an added bonus for her to know how to express he feelings a bit better. But whether it's Ash or Misty I think their jealously level is almost equal.

Misty's times she gets jealous- Melody&Pigtailed girl from Johto
    Ash's times he gets jealous- Rudy&Danny

Speaking of jealously,

What would you think Ash would do if he found out Georgio tried to ask out Misty on a date?

Some as subtle as Fiorello got him all worked up, Danny didn't show interest in Misty, but Misty fancied him, and Rudy had an almost direct approach to Misty. So what if he found out that Georgio asked out Misty? how would you think he react? Tease Misty like "Why would he want to date a tomboy like Misty?" or start assuming things like, "Hmph, have a nice date?"

I'm not really sure since the "old" Ash and the "new" Ash act somewhat different these days :/

First Banner Ever

What would you think Ash would do if he found out Georgio tried to ask out Misty on a date?

now this is something that reminds of..

Spoiler:- Someone??:

Psyduck seems to know Misty's secretsoh,speaking of Psyduck, Ash's Mijumaru pops out of his ball on his own just like Misty's Psyduck..

Back to the topic.
    Being clueless- he'll better find out who's this ''Georgio'' and directly ask Misty about it.
    In a very different way- He'll maybe stopping Misty or talk to georgio for that matter and that will turned out to be an arguement for both of them.

I can imagine a conversation arise from Ash and Misty..

Ash:''Misty,why are you going out with someone without asking me first?''
    Misty:''But Ash, I thought..''
    Ash: ''Where is he..''

hehehe..something like that or maybe it will start in a very simple jealousy for Ash.I think I'll add later.^^
    Last edited by ⊱✿RedAshEntropy; 6th March 2011 at 8:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SatoshiKasumi View Post

Some as subtle as Fiorello got him all worked up, Danny didn't show interest in Misty, but Misty fancied him, and Rudy had an almost direct approach to Misty. So what if he found out that Georgio asked out Misty? how would you think he react? Tease Misty like "Why would he want to date a tomboy like Misty?" or start assuming things like, "Hmph, have a nice date?"

I'm not really sure since the "old" Ash and the "new" Ash act somewhat different these days :/
    Even though it might not be possible since he was in Hoenn, but Well, I have a possibility. probably Ash will be jealous like in "Misty Meets Her Match" when Rudy shows interest in Misty, especially seeing that in both cases, it's the other boy that has interest with her. Also, he may think "Who's this guy?" And "What is this guy doing?" However, since the newer Ash is completely oblivious to love, well... I don't know if He still got any feeling with Misty or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashist_Wilketch View Post

now this is something that reminds of..

Spoiler:- Someone??:

Psyduck seems to know Misty's secretsoh,speaking of Psyduck, Ash's Mijumaru pops out of his ball on his own just like Misty's Psyduck..
    I think a lot of boys ask Misty for a date a few times back in Knato-Johto. but i can't remeber much. but that was cute. i don't really remember watching that episode. maybe i should watch it now. hehe.

I really hope that all of you who expressed interest in the Pokeshipping 50 Themes Challenge are able to participate I know from experience that oneshot challenges are a lot of fun and sort of... freeing, I guess.

Since it'd be a pretty poor lookout for me not to participate since I was the one that started this shindig, I've started a oneshot collection for my themes. I've only written one so far, Theme #2: Swimming Lessons. But hopefully I'll get a chance to do more.

And on those graphics I've promised, I made the 1 theme completion one:

Anyone who completes one theme is allowed to use it and I'll make more if people tackle more themes.

Also from the fanfictionscape, I've updated The Kingdom of Illusions with chapter 4, which is apropos since I do believe we brought up the Mirage Kingdom episodes recently.

With all that junk out of the way, I can get to the question...

I guess it would depend on how he found out. I'd go with unnecessary suspicion though. I definitely agree with the "Who is this guy?" kind of reaction. But I think he acts out more when Misty's attention is actively being taken away by another guy. He can rationalize that: he's the main character, damn it! her best friend and he probably feels more deserving of attention than other males. Just finding out that some guy had asked her out might make him uneasy for reasons he couldn't really understand, but knowing that Misty shot him down (particularly because she liked SOMEONE ELSE) might complicate the situation.

And yeah... I tend to think that Misty is quite popular with boys in her post as the super-cute, super-strong, swimsuit-clad leader of the Cerulean Gym. Gameverse seems to suggest that to me. Ash might be in for some strong reasons to be jealous if he visited her on her home turf.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyyy888 View Post
    ^I can agree with Hakajin... I think I've developed a personal obsession with not just this ship, but with Misty in general. I mean I use to watch other programmes/anime but the producers of those programmes managed to tie up the ends of each character and I can feel happy for them. But with Misty, so many things are left unaccomplished. I've been containing my emotions about this but at times, these emotions sometimes get the better of me.

I feel a lot better as I wasn't the only one who had developed emotional development for this ship/Misty. Cheers Hakajin
    I know I'm quoting something from a couple months ago, but I agree with this guy. My Pokeshipping interest revolves solely around Misty. I don't know why, I can't explain it. Admittedly, Misty isn't that interesting of a character, and she's not the most attractive anime female around, so I can't explain it.

*Coughs* I'm still around, just been really busy with work in general. I have been keeping up with the forums, it seems to bee moderately busy which is good. I just can't be bothered to reply to the questions made mainly because I have a hectic life... university will finish in around 3 months time meaning I have more time browsing and replying to the questions!

Quote Originally Posted by Bronzong View Post
    I know I'm quoting something from a couple months ago, but I agree with this guy. My Pokeshipping interest revolves solely around Misty. I don't know why, I can't explain it. Admittedly, Misty isn't that interesting of a character, and she's not the most attractive anime female around, so I can't explain it.
    Haha, I can totally get where you're coming from. From the months I haven't replied, my main reason is that the original Pokemon series just a flashback of my childhood and how much I enjoyed it (Oh the nostalgia). Nothing can change that because back then it was such a neat concept; now it's just being exploited... I agree with you 100%. She's not the prettiest but at least she can make every little thing more interesting.

I was totally surprised to see someone quoting me again as I thought everyone moved on from then :P

Time to go back into my cave, where I can observe more of thread....mwahaha.

P.S I'm glad we're getting a glimpse of Misty in Brock's dedicated episode! Does anyone know what episode number it is for the BW series?

Page 107 of 254 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast