Page 115 of 255 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 6352

Thread: PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

The reason why PS still got a strong fan base is that there's many older fans that have already grew up with the original series, and most of them have became Pokeshipper. Also, AFAIK, that ship is the very first shipping in the anime, and it is apparent that the writers actually want to make it canon, as we seen in the original trailer for the 1st movie. And also, Pokeshipping, for me, has the most obvious hints compared to all other ships (Besides Contestshipping maybe.)
    This would be another reason. The first shipping [together with Palletshipping I think] and the first female companion of Ash in the original series and I think Misty's feeling towards Ash as crush may affect it as well. We might not know if the writers really want it to be canon, but it's obviously packed with hints that surely make the shipping strong. [my opinion only]
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || Bias:鹿晗 || hwaiting! || Inactive||

Quote Originally Posted by Zuzu14 View Post
    Not becoming a PokeShipper or anything, but I'd like to know why people like this shipping? Watching Kanto and the Orange League through again, I saw no chemistry between the two, and more saw her as a motherly figure.

So why do you guys all like it?

(This is no way me bashing this shipping as I have nothing against it, I just want to know why it has a strong fan base)
    I noted some chemistry between Ash and Misty. They argued a lot for starters, and they say that people who like each other will argue over little stuff. It's a sign that they're just hiding their true feelings. I also saw some hints in the second movie as I said before, and in some of the Orange Island episodes. The episode where Ash has to fight Danny was pretty cool for PokeShipping, since it showed that Ash could get a little jealous. The episode where Ash fought Rudy was also great since Misty chose Ash over Rudy, meaning that she liked Ash a lot more. There are also subtle hints throughout the anime, but I can't remember them all

Why do I like Pokeshipping? Because I'm an old coot: I was practically raised on the original series. The sexual romantic tension between Ash and Misty was absolutely smoldering: Ash would get jealous when Misty was getting attention from other guys (mainly Danny/Rudy), and Misty does have an (arguably) genuine crush on our brain-dead protagonist and seemed to actually enjoy getting into fights with him, regardless of what the fanfic writers would have you believe.

Plus I met my girlfriend of 5+ years because of Pokeshipping, so there's no reason for me not to like it ;P

Paradise is Calling... Are You Ready to Answer?

The episode where Ash has to fight Danny was pretty cool for PokeShipping, since it showed that Ash could get a little jealous. The episode where Ash fought Rudy was also great since Misty chose Ash over Rudy, meaning that she liked Ash a lot more. There are also subtle hints throughout the anime, but I can't remember them all
    I agree. It's cute seeing Ash being jealous if ever other guys get close to Misty. [The he battle seems to be battling his love for Misty but not really]. Rudy have said something on Ash but Ash seems completely clueless about it. I really like ''Misty meets her match''.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashist_Wilketch View Post
    I agree. It's cute seeing Ash being jealous if ever other guys get close to Misty. [The he battle seems to be battling his love for Misty but not really]. Rudy have said something on Ash but Ash seems completely clueless about it. I really like ''Misty meets her match''.
    Well, what Rudy said to Ash in that episode (Apparently, it's in near the end of the episode) is that he tells Ash that he is a "very lucky guy" . In which that Ash responds in his usual way of being oblivious by asking "What do you mean?" In which that Rudy replies "You'll see someday". It's pretty obvious to us what did Rudy mean. Too bad that Ash is just like usual-pretty much to be oblivious about something like that...

Also, I wonder which episode is the origin of this screenshot? I loved how Misty does a shoulder pat (Or is it?) on Ash in this picture.

Well, easy to say, but probably Season 2 (The Adventures in Orange Islands) is probably the best season where we practically see the most (And the best) of the hints of PS. Especially in the 2nd movie. Too bad that it seems to die down in Season 3 onwards for no reason (Or is it?)

EDIT: According to RadioactivCharmander from BMGF, the screenshot came from the episode "Pokemon Food Fight" in the Orange Islands season. It's when they're about to dress Ash up as an apple so Snorlax will chase him up the mountain.
    Last edited by Mobius_1; 17th May 2011 at 3:22 AM.

Youtube/Ace Combat Skies/FFN (FF.Net)/Bulbagarden Forums (BMGF)/Electrosphere.info/deviantART/MyAnimeList

It is pretty unfortunate that I can't be active anymore, but I have dropped out of Pokemon and therefore, not very active anymore in this forums

Also, I wonder which episode is the origin of this screenshot? I loved how Misty does a shoulder pat (Or is it?) on Ash in this picture.

Well, easy to say, but probably Season 2 (The Adventures in Orange Islands) is probably the best season where we practically see the most (And the best) of the hints of PS. Especially in the 2nd movie. Too bad that it seems to die down in Season 3 onwards for no reason (Or is it?)
    I already see that screenshot before but I wonder where it had been taken from. I can see Orange Islands got the best mix of PS hints. I remember the time when a friends of mine lend me a dvd of Orange Islands series and rewatched it over and over again. I also got to write down what they've said. Yes. The second movie I think is the best movie to describe PS. I can see that there's a little hinting possibilities back then in Season 3 but not as much as season two I think.

Ash is always clueless when it comes to love, but I'm glad that he's that way. This pairing wouldn't be as fun if Ash matured. I often imagine that he can be mature, but then things get a little odd. I like that he's still just a kid deep down. Misty is also young, but females tend to be more open to their feelings, unlike most males. I would've loved to see Ash get jealous more often, but he usually didn't seem to mind when Misty was with another guy. Misty on the other hand, was a bit more open about that to the point where she'd show open hostility.

Ok, so today I managed to watch one of the Sinnoh League Victors episode, where Ash and co. have to teach a bunch of kids for Johanna and this boy called Thomas keeps on teasing Piplup, but in the end Brock states that Thomas only teased him/her as he liked Piplup actually, but had no way to tell him/her, and in frustration teased Piplup. Now, I was thinking, isn't this the same as Misty and Ash? As far as I know, Misty keeps teasing Ash, but it might actually be that Misty is just doing that because she can't find a way to tell him her feelings, like Thomas. Interesting, hm?

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    Ok, so today I managed to watch one of the Sinnoh League Victors episode, where Ash and co. have to teach a bunch of kids for Johanna and this boy called Thomas keeps on teasing Piplup, but in the end Brock states that Thomas only teased him/her as he liked Piplup actually, but had no way to tell him/her, and in frustration teased Piplup. Now, I was thinking, isn't this the same as Misty and Ash? As far as I know, Misty keeps teasing Ash, but it might actually be that Misty is just doing that because she can't find a way to tell him her feelings, like Thomas. Interesting, hm?
    Yeah, I noticed that a long time ago, and I think others have pointed that out as well. I always liked to think that Misty was just trying to act like she disliked Ash while she was really just trying to show that she enjoyed his company. I think that Ash responded to her constant teasing in the same way, although it could've just been an automatic response on his part. I say that because Ash didn't seem like he understood anything about love. I could be wrong, but that's how he was portrayed in the anime most of the time. I guess we're supposed to come up with our own conclusions.

Ash is always clueless when it comes to love, but I'm glad that he's that way. This pairing wouldn't be as fun if Ash matured. I often imagine that he can be mature, but then things get a little odd. I like that he's still just a kid deep down. Misty is also young, but females tend to be more open to their feelings, unlike most males. I would've loved to see Ash get jealous more often, but he usually didn't seem to mind when Misty was with another guy. Misty on the other hand, was a bit more open about that to the point where she'd show open hostility.
    I kinda like Ash that way. He's being clueless but I know even a little he feels love among his friends and pokemon. Their love-hate relationship of friends just make the pairing more fun. Seeing them get along well is one of my favorites.

Misty: Don't you know that love is the most important thing in the entire world!Ash: NOT more than catching pokemon?
    Misty: You are such a BIG baby!
    Ash: I am not a big baby, Am I picachu?

yep that's Ash I still like the way how Ash reacts to everything about love even no matter how anyone explains it. He's more focussed on pokemons and his battle but he cares a lot to his friends, even with Misty. [my opinion only]

yep that's Ash I still like the way how Ash reacts to everything about love even no matter how anyone explains it. He's more focussed on pokemons and his battle but he cares a lot to his friends, even with Misty. [my opinion only]
    I'm with you for that. No matter how hard you explain love to Ash, he won't understand much of it, but then, like what I said, it's a good thing that he is always focused more towards his Pokemon. But no matter what, you can't be that oblivious forever, Ash!

Youtube/Ace Combat Skies/FFN (FF.Net)/Bulbagarden Forums (BMGF)/Electrosphere.info/deviantART/MyAnimeList

It is pretty unfortunate that I can't be active anymore, but I have dropped out of Pokemon and therefore, not very active anymore in this forums

I'm with you for that. No matter how hard you explain love to Ash, he won't understand much of it, but then, like what I said, it's a good thing that he is always focused more towards his Pokemon.
    There would be a time for Ash to think about it and a time for him to mature. But this time, I think it's far to happened. He still got the friendship he shared for Misty which is nice seeing them together again.

I kinda like Ash that way. He's being clueless but I know even a little he feels love among his friends and pokemon. Their love-hate relationship of friends just make the pairing more fun. Seeing them get along well is one of my favorites.
    Oh, I'm sure that Ash feels love, but just not the kind that I would like him to feel. I know that he loves his Pokemon and his friends, but I wish that his love for one of his friends [Misty] was romantic. Wow, I sound like I want to force him to show his affection for Misty out in public lol. Well, that honestly wouldn't be so bad, but I know it'll probably never happen. All we can do is analyze his every movement in the older episodes where he and Misty were together. I actually do this when I rewatch older episodes. Please tell me I'm not alone :<

Oh, I'm sure that Ash feels love, but just not the kind that I would like him to feel. I know that he loves his Pokemon and his friends, but I wish that his love for one of his friends [Misty] was romantic. Wow, I sound like I want to force him to show his affection for Misty out in public lol. Well, that honestly wouldn't be so bad, but I know it'll probably never happen. All we can do is analyze his every movement in the older episodes where he and Misty were together. I actually do this when I rewatch older episodes. Please tell me I'm not alone :<

Nope, you're not. I did the same thing when I tried rewatching the episodes of the original series plus the cameo appearance of Misty or even the movies and special episodes. I was like, I know Ash's feels something yet I know it's hard to tell his right feelings toward her. I like the interactions made by both of them. I was really focussed on Ash's side whenever he's close, near or even with Misty. I believe in their ''strong'' friendship though.^^

Nope, you're not. I did the same thing when I tried rewatching the episodes of the original series plus the cameo appearance of Misty or even the movies and special episodes. I was like, I know Ash's feels something yet I know it's hard to tell his right feelings toward her. I like the interactions made by both of them. I was really focussed on Ash's side whenever he's close, near or even with Misty. I believe in their ''strong'' friendship though.^^
    I liked their funny interactions. Watching them bicker was actually really satisfying. I'm only sad that, for the most part, they stopped arguing once they both arrived in Johto. They still had little fights every once in a while, but it wasn't as interesting as when they had barely met. I guess Misty got used to Ash's brainlessness after a while, so his odd actions didn't really bother her anymore. Plus, she was too busy dealing with Brock's brainlessness during Johto, so she was a busy girl

Yeah XD Far from imagining them on romantic walks on the beach I just wanted them to argue more. Particularly when there's no reason to because then they're just arguing for the sake of arguing. Too much of that kinda thing can get annoying, I know, but it's good when it's done right. And it livens up our trio if there's a little conflict.

I spaced out and forgot to mention that The Kingdom of Illusions has a new chapter up. I should be working on another prompt from the 50 Theme Challenge (the next one I'm planning on tackling is "Getting Obvious") but... what can I say. Finals are coming up so I don't know when I'll get to that.

I also made another PokeShipping avatar:

I liked their funny interactions. Watching them bicker was actually really satisfying. I'm only sad that, for the most part, they stopped arguing once they both arrived in Johto. They still had little fights every once in a while, but it wasn't as interesting as when they had barely met. I guess Misty got used to Ash's brainlessness after a while, so his odd actions didn't really bother her anymore. Plus, she was too busy dealing with Brock's brainlessness during Johto, so she was a busy girl
    I really like to see them arguing. The first thing that came to my mind when they bicker is something like they're concern for each other [not all the the time but sometimes].

Spoiler:- dubbed:

Quote Originally Posted by Skiyomi View Post

Wow,Skiyomi. I love the avatar!

Yeah, I was relatively disappointed when I found out that was a dub exclusive hint, but hey. This has me thinking for a topic:

If Ash was talking about Misty to Max in that scene from the sixth movie, and she was around to see him say that, how do you think she react?

I would bet she would be pretty shocked to hear him say that, although I kind of like to think that Misty already knows how he feels about her. I think the surprise factor for her would be that she heard him say it out loud; PokéShipping has the impression of Ash and Misty being pretty obvious with how they feel about each other without ever actually admitting it.
    "It's all right, it's all right, it's all right. Yeah, sometimes you gotta lose 'til you win.
    It's all right, it's all right, it's all right. It'll be all right again."

If Ash was talking about Misty to Max in that scene from the sixth movie, and she was around to see him say that, how do you think she react?

I agree to the fact that she would be shocked to hear that from him. It was kinda unexpected for her to know that Ash was talking about her even she is far from the group and on his side. She might be blushing a little bit [or smile to Ash if ever Ash notice her that she was there].

PokéShipping has the impression of Ash and Misty being pretty obvious with how they feel about each other without ever actually admitting it.
    I agree. They've got those feelings even it's more than ''friendship'' or not, they show concern [might be love?] and respect to each other, and there are times they're really care for each other. Ash in those times are quite clueless about love but he got that feeling we can't be sure about.^^

I really like to see them arguing. The first thing that came to my mind when they bicker is something like they're concern for each other [not all the the time but sometimes].

I'm with you. They mostly argue with each other because the are actually care about each other. In fact, the second thing in my mind was the very famous quote from Nurse Joy (Which many people has mentioned here multiple times)...

Anyways, I am quite sure that we'll be friends forever probably refers to everyone and not just Misty, BUT, I think it is still very possible for it to actually refer to her. About him missing her, though, it is surely refers to Misty.
    I absolutely love this, Skiyomi! May I borrow it... Again?

This one is so cute, because it looks so natural. No offense to anyone, but I've seen some PokeShipping avatars that look a bit too overprocessed, so it's nice to see something simple for a change.

Oh, that would actually be something worth watching. I think she'd blush at the mention of her name and stuff, but then she'd arrive and she'd play it off cool as usual. She might be a little nicer to Ash, but she wouldn't just skip to him or anything. The only sad thing about this scenario is that it only existed in the dubbed version of movie 6. I remember reading something about that, although I admit that I thought it existed in the original version as well. I guess we take what we can get :c

Thanks guys! I'm glad you liked it! And of course you can use it Mobius 1.

The only way I could see that unfolding is if Ash didn't know she was around. I can just see her looking surprised for a moment and then giving a small smile.

Does anyone know what he says in the original version by any chance?

In the Japanese version, Ash just tells Max that he [Max] will always remember the week that he spent with Jirachi, so he doesn't even attempt to talk about Misty. I have noticed that the 4Kids dub liked to pair up Ash and Misty more than the Japanese version. I recall how the memories clip that was shown during Misty's farewell episode was more Ash-centered in the dub version, while it mostly showed Misty's achievements/best moments in the Japanese version. I guess most of the writers for the 4Kids dub were PokeShippers
    Last edited by Lorde; 28th May 2011 at 4:37 AM.

''...But it would be like this, travelling around with us .. Not an ''instant so to speak'' and Ash added that he can't explain it very clearly to Max. It's clear that it's really far from the english dubbed.

I have noticed that the 4Kids dub liked to pair up Ash and Misty more than the Japanese version. I recall how the memories clip that was shown during Misty's farewell episode was more Ash-centered in the dub version, while it mostly showed Misty's achievements/best moments in the Japanese version. I guess most of the writers for the 4Kids dub were PokeShippers
    Yeah. There are some changes in the flashbacks in GCYL episode if compared in the japanesse version. It's nice to see that they focussed some scenes about Ash and Misty on how they've been together. That's something really worth watching for and reminds about Misty no matter where Ash is.

Speaking about the farewell part of GCYL, I found a very nice fanfic made by RadioactivCharmander (Yes, he's the same person from BMGF) with the title "The Best of Times" here:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6938858/1/The_Best_of_Times

Sorry if I in some ways or anther end up breaking the rules...

Page 115 of 255 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215 ... LastLast