Page 132 of 255 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182232 ... LastLast
Results 3,276 to 3,300 of 6352

Thread: PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Falstaff View Post
    I gotta agree with Yoshi-kun. If it didn't happen onscreen, or it isn't mentioned onscreen, for all intents and purposes it didn't happen. Ash has never kissed Misty.
    This.

I hate being that negative shipper, but I only ship things off the hints that we see on the show. (Which is why I am a Pokeshipper, because I honestly do think it had some good hints) I just can't get myself to imagine that they've kissed when they really haven't.
    That's why I like fan fiction so much, because that's the only time when those things happen.

Yeah. I converted. But I still ship this shipping from Misty's side, and I still think it's really cute.

But yeah, I gotta agree with the others here. It doesn't seem very likely that they ever kissed, onscreen or offscreen - after all, when they were travelling they must've only been about ten or eleven, and you don't exactly see people of those age kissing, do you? Also, I personally think Ash was too dense to understand love fully back then. Maybe understand kissing and stuff like that, but not the feelings themselves yes he was that dense. Sure, he could've well had a crush on Misty - actually he most likely did - but he probably didn't understand it and tried to ignore his feelings. I think he began to understand what love really meant during the Battle Frontier era. So no, I don't think they could've kissed each other, sorry. I hate being pessimistic like this, but the situation just seems too unrealistic to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    Yeah. I converted. But I still ship this shipping from Misty's side, and I still think it's really cute.

But yeah, I gotta agree with the others here. It doesn't seem very likely that they ever kissed, onscreen or offscreen - after all, when they were travelling they must've only been about ten or eleven, and you don't exactly see people of those age kissing, do you? Also, I personally think Ash was too dense to understand love fully back then. Maybe understand kissing and stuff like that, but not the feelings themselves yes he was that dense. Sure, he could've well had a crush on Misty - actually he most likely did - but he probably didn't understand it and tried to ignore his feelings. I think he began to understand what love really meant during the Battle Frontier era. So no, I don't think they could've kissed each other, sorry. I hate being pessimistic like this, but the situation just seems too unrealistic to me.
    It's unrealistic in all shippings, also Ash is still dense about it no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by placement View Post
    Let me speak on this matter. I had a similar view after the episode "Wherefore Art Thou, Pokémon?". At the end of the episode, Ash asked a funny question about the kiss. Yes, it was Ash! Not Misty! This situation surprised me. I think, they can just kiss after that episode.
    After that episode was a lot of episodes that include elements of pokeshipping.
    I just watched that episode the other day and Misty was yelling at him for being a baby when comes to romance. At first it was simple jabs about his immaturity, but she finally got genuinely upset that he didn't get it. He was clueless throughout the episode trying to understand what was going on. That's why he asked the question.

For all my negativity before I obviously would LIKE Ash and Misty to be together. Honestly think it would be sweeter if, at the very end of the series, we saw them simply holding hands and walking off together rather than having a big confession scene and the two of them in a full-blown 'relationship'.
    We're not being negative, we're being realistic. I'm not looking for any fluffy mush at the end of the series either. Your scenario is pretty much what I've what always thought would happen, unless they mention their married or something so they can do the cliche Ash's kid starts off on their journey to become a Pokemon master, it's the start of a new generation epilogue thing.

Pfft. As long as you still support the ship I don't see how you converted. To me converting is when you stop supporting a ship altogether so you can support another one. Otherwise I would have converted like twelve times already.

You're just a multishipper.

I think he began to understand what love really meant during the Battle Frontier era.
    Really? Because I remember him being utterly clueless to Grovyle's problem in episode he evolved in. Even TR was making digs about his denseness irc. I don't see where he's improved whether it be there, DP, or BW.

Look I'm not a pessimist. It's not negative to say that there will never be kissing or that Ash is totally clueless. That's just what you sign up for when you ship Pokemon.

The fact of the matter is that I used to be an antishipper, I thought shipping was stupid because they wouldn't have any romance in a show like Pokemon. If maybe if they did, it would between Jessie and James because they're older. Then in Johto (I didn't watch the Orange Islands) I saw the second movie and was completely stunned. There was no other explanation for what I saw. So I became a Pokeshipper, and then a shipper with like a billion different pairings.

The romance is there in this show. It's just not blatant.
    Last edited by Yoshi-kun; 20th February 2012 at 11:41 PM.
    Finally free til the 17th
    Now if my computer will cooperate...

My fics

MORE POKEY PICS <3

That's fine at least you still like it from her side, and it seems to me like you're a multishipper.
    Last edited by Blessed; 22nd February 2012 at 7:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel~ View Post
    MORE POKEY PICS <3

That's fine at least you still like it from her side, and it seems to me like you're a multishipper.
    Cool AAML pics Angel~!It's nice to see this thread filled with pokeshipping fanarts. It's been a long time its it happened back then.Btw, sorry for being inactive lately, got busy with school stuffs, and my birthday is just yesterdayXD

Oh yes, I just want to put this topic since we talk about this in one of our subject topics. Do you think Ash and Misty's first impression last?
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || Bias:鹿晗 || hwaiting! || Inactive||

Do you think Ash and Misty's first impression last?

If I'm reading this question right, what I think you're asking is if their first impressions of each other have changed. If not, well, I'm still going with it.

I personally think their opinion of each other has changed dramatically.

Misty's first impression of Ash was a over-confident, lazy kid from Pallet. It's no secret they drove each other nuts in the Indigo arc, especially the first half. But eventually, she grew to tolerate his pigheadedness (and other quirks) and around the Orange League even grew to love him. Where the series is now, I feel she's matured enough to come to love and respect him as her best friend. She's accepted the fact Ash doesn't return her feelings now, but will in the future.

Ash's first impression of Misty was a very bossy, stubborn, mean, scrawny girl. I can't blame him. Misty was always critical of him and loved to point out his flaws. Eventually, toward the end of Indigo, the criticism morphed to encouragement, and he saw her more as a 'coach' and 'friend.' At the end of Gotta Catch Ya Later he realized they were meant to meet and become best friends. So yeah, a pretty big turnaround.
    " r u n y o u c l e v e r b o y . . . a n d r e m e m b e r. "

I will support and love Pokeshipping to hold on to those memories of the past.

Last edited by Blessed; 23rd February 2012 at 9:10 AM.

adrenaline! So I'm not the only one still here.

No because in the beginning Misty thought he was a bike wrecking thief. XD I think over time Ash learned that there was more to Misty than he first thought, and that she really cared about him. And Misty learned that Ash was a better person than she thought he was.

My fics

@Angel~ Aw, nice of you to bring back those screenshots here,..so good to watch it all over again..

Thanks for answering the question. I therefore conclude that first impression won't last!. Like everyone would say, I agree that they'll definitely change their impression towards each other but how they've met each other back then would definitely hard to forget.. It did change but in a very good way and maybe their strong bond of friendship will reunite with each other..
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || Bias:鹿晗 || hwaiting! || Inactive||

Hooray! Eric Stuart (original voice actor of Brock and James) supports Pokeshipping!

At a con about a month ago he was on a panel doing Q & A about his various roles in different anime. At one point someone asks him whether or not James is gay, which leads into a discussion of James's personality, and then at 11 minutes in he says (as best I can tell):

"All I know is that I don't know how much Misty needs to hit on Ash - that boy's what, 35 now? - dude, she likes you! Take her out on a date! Brock could make rice balls...or jelly donuts".

link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJIup...eature=related

Thanks so much Ashist I'm glad you like them!!

No because as time passed since the first episode, Ash & Misty thought of themselves differently. They started respecting each other, and caring for one another! I like how Ash told her they were mean't to become friends..

Hooray! Eric Stuart (original voice actor of Brock and James) supports Pokeshipping!

At a con about a month ago he was on a panel doing Q & A about his various roles in different anime. At one point someone asks him whether or not James is gay, which leads into a discussion of James's personality, and then at 11 minutes in he says (as best I can tell):

"All I know is that I don't know how much Misty needs to hit on Ash - that boy's what, 35 now? - dude, she likes you! Take her out on a date! Brock could make rice balls...or jelly donuts".

link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJIup...eature=related
    Well we all know 4kids supported them. Since the original made pokeshipping apparent, 4kids just made them more noticeable I think Veronica & Rachel support it too.

Eric Stuart is a Poke?

I guess everyone here and at 4Kids wins, then.

As for the topic?

Misty's first impression of Ash until Ash Catches a Pokémon! - Jerk?

Ash's first impression of Misty - Uhh..........loud-mouthed - and maybe tomboyish.

Crap, I hate myself for using stupid answers
    Blank.

I am a guy who wishes to change their username. That's all.

Well we all know 4kids supported them. Since the original made pokeshipping apparent, 4kids just made them more noticeable I think Veronica & Rachel support it too.
    Sadly, no!

Veronica has always been very dismissive of the idea of shipping in general, not just AshxMisty (someone asks about it at 3:40):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI22c...eature=related

Rachael I have no idea...I don't know if I've ever seen an interview or a panel where she mentions it.

Sadly, no!

Veronica has always been very dismissive of the idea of shipping in general, not just AshxMisty (someone asks about it at 3:40):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI22c...eature=related

Rachael I have no idea...I don't know if I've ever seen an interview or a panel where she mentions it.
    LOL my gosh, you're right she views shipping just like Ash tbh.

The interviev with Rachael Lillis, Misty's American voice actress up to AG134.

Moderator: Is there any likleyhood of a relationship developing between Ash & Misty at some point in the future?

Rachael Lillis: Personally I think Ash and Misty are a little young for a relationship; but I think they like each other very much.

Moderator: Is there any likleyhood of a relationship developing between Ash & Misty at some point in the future?

Rachael Lillis: Personally I think Ash and Misty are a little young for a relationship; but I think they like each other very much.
    Her too?

-insert winning music from a random rpg, mainly earthbound-

Oh yeah - got a new topic. Did you like PokéShipping better on the 4Kids adaptation (1998) or the original one (1997)?

Possibly 4Kids for me.
    Blank.

I am a guy who wishes to change their username. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by KetachuSauce View Post
    Her too?

Oh yeah - got a new topic. Did you like PokéShipping better on the 4Kids adaptation (1998) or the original one (1997)?

Possibly 4Kids for me.
    LOL Aw well it's true. ^.^

Did you like PokéShipping better on the 4Kids adaptation (1998) or the original one (1997)?

I liked it on 4kids obviously. They pick good Voice Actors to voice the characters. ^.^

I got more pics, I know Ashist and yall love them.

Last edited by Blessed; 28th February 2012 at 12:19 AM.

Did you like Pokeshipping better on the 4Kids adaptation (1998) or the original one (1997)?

Good topic. It's kinda complicated. See I'm not a fan of dub hints, because of them I get to go around the fandom hearing about how I'm idiot for beliveing in a dubbed myth. >>; Which is a load of bunk. There were hints in the original.

You can read about them here.

http://www.freewebs.com/melodystarli...ppinghints.htm

Melody93 took the time to finally get translations for us.

On the other hand we have the voices, Satoshi sounds pretty good. If you were fine with his dub voice then going over to Rica souldn't make that much difference. She's an awesome actor, he still has some of his reaction quirks, and she reminds me of Christine Cavanaugh at times. Kasumi on the other hand... meh. You guys owe a lot to Rachael Lillis, you don't know how much she made the character. Kasumi, her voice is just too high? Irratating? The way she comes across? I dunno. But I do know that her voice annoys me. It's like the opposite of Inuyasha. Kagome had a grat voice inthe original, but in the dub she was too high, squeaky, and annoying. Rachel made the chracter, I think that's one of the reasons she was more popular over here anyway.

And she can sing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ8wfR_scIs&t=1m10s

Reallly actually sing. After listening to all of the songs the girls did, I would say she's one of the best, beaten only by KAORI's Haruka. Not that that has anything to do with the topic, but...

If I had to pic just on listening to them it would be the dub.

My fics

Quote Originally Posted by KetachuSauce View Post
    Her too?

It's not earthbound but I hope it'll do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUOyRbCj5mY

Two out of three ain't bad.

Just because someone like's 4kids doesn't mean you support the dub hints. I think every Pokeshipper by now is aware of those "dub" hints unless new shippers come along. We support the hints in the original version because if not other shippers tend to make fun.

Melody doesn't have all the hints in the original, there is still more for example in chronicles when Misty finally got the gym leader position in the dub she thought of Ash & Brock but in the original she just thought of Ash.

Wow Rachel Lillis sings really pretty, I've always wanted to meet her. I like her voice & her japanese voice actress as well. Can you believe Mayumi got the role just for being herself?

Just because someone like's 4kids doesn't mean you support the dub hints. I think every Pokeshipper by now is aware of those "dub" hints unless new shippers come along. We support the hints in the original version because if not other shippers tend to make fun.
    I wasn't saying that every Pokeshipper supported the dub hints, but when I talked to people on the old thread, a lot of them did. They said that the dub hints made the ship more obvious than original, and since there were hints in the original it didn't matter much.

My opinion was the opposite though. There still is a strong rumor in the fandom that 4kids made the ship up because of the dub hints. Go into the general fandom and people will call the ship a total lie. :/

I wasn't meaning anything by it, because there are many Pokeshipper's who hold a different opinion than you and I. I know that for a fact, and that's their right.(Several of them I would call friends.) Honestly you're one of the few who's come closer to my opinion since I have posted here. ^ ^

Melody doesn't have all the hints in the original, there is still more for example in chronicles when Misty finally got the gym leader position in the dub she thought of Ash & Brock but in the original she just thought of Ash.
    Oh I know. Dogasu has the translation you're talking about though.

http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/compar...les/ep006.html

Wow Rachel Lillis sings really pretty, I've always wanted to meet her. I like her voice & her japanese voice actress as well. Can you believe Mayumi got the role just for being herself?
    She does doesn't she? I would like to meet her too. Well, if you like her Japanese voice actress that's fine. Everyone has different opinions. And wow, I did not know that.

My fics

I will support and love Pokeshipping to hold on to those memories of the past.

Awesome pictures, well done! You are awesome at finding those pics!

LOL my gosh, you're right she views shipping just like Ash tbh.

The interviev with Rachael Lillis, Misty's American voice actress up to AG134.

It's good to see Misty's voice actress being a PokeShipper! And even though Ash and Misty are a little young for a relationship, they definitely are in a relationship!

LOL Aw well it's true. ^.^

Did you like PokéShipping better on the 4Kids adaptation (1998) or the original one (1997)?

I liked it on 4kids obviously. They pick good Voice Actors to voice the characters. ^.^
    I like PokeShipping in both. I like the 4Kids exclusive PokeShipping hints, but they are useless in debates with non-PokeShippers, because they aren't original and aren't evidence. I never watch the Japanese-spoken episodes (expect for subtitled banned episodes), I always watch in Dutch (on TV and DVD's) or English (on the Internet).

I got more pics, I know Ashist and yall love them.

Awesome pictures again!

I also have an AMV. I've already showed it to Angel and she liked it. It's only my second AMV and I used Windows Movie Maker. I couldn't add parts of episodes, so only anime pictures. These come from www.pokemon-paradijs.com.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxfpqO6mAes

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi-kun View Post
    I wasn't saying that every Pokeshipper supported the dub hints, but when I talked to people on the old thread, a lot of them did. They said that the dub hints made the ship more obvious than original, and since there were hints in the original it didn't matter much.
    Wow, that's odd. What old thread was it? The original made Pokeshipping apparent, while 4kids just spiced it up to make it more obvious and louder. And you know what I'm going to count my Original hints. The dub hints are really cute and are a nice treat to us shippers but we can't count them because 4kids doesn't make the show.

My opinion was the opposite though. There still is a strong rumor in the fandom that 4kids made the ship up because of the dub hints. Go into the general fandom and people will call the ship a total lie. :/
    Not our fault that 4kids happened to support them The originals gave us all the cute hints we needed while 4kids had to keep exapnding and even with those songs like under the mistletoe which is ADORABLE and I listen to it but don't count it. And who are those people? other shippers like advance & pearl right? Don't even get me started lol.

Oh I know. Dogasu has the translation you're talking about though.

http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/compar...les/ep006.html
    Yeah I am already aware of that. It's funny how 4kids are pokeshippers yet they completely disregarded the hint that was in the original so what does that tell us? even dogasu said it.

She does doesn't she? I would like to meet her too.
    Yeah I know right? I wonder if she sings in the theatre. And she should make an album, she sings so pretty.

Well, if you like her Japanese voice actress that's fine. Everyone has different opinions. And wow, I did not know that.
    One of the reasons why I also like her Japanese voice actress because she seems really sweet and she is a singer!! Mayumi has voiced several anime girls and as a result, she considers "Kasumi" to be the one character she has voiced who most represents herself.
    Last edited by Blessed; 29th February 2012 at 12:00 AM.

This just in...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoB4aZQVaX4

Questioner:Would you ever consider doing a different version of Pokemon if they ever decided to update or remake the series? What would Ash be like past 10? (I'm paraphrasing. The questioner goes on for a while and seems to be on the verge of tears).
    Eric: Oh, I thought Ash was 35...
    Veronica: We could grow up. I think it would be great... Ash as a teenager really could kiss Misty.
    Voice in the crowd: Or May!
    Veronica: Or May.

Consider that 1.) Shipping seems to be on Veronica's mind, and 2.) Veronica was the voice of May but when thinking of someone for Ash to kiss Misty was still the first one she thought of.

What changed her mind? No clue.

As for dub vs. original shipping, I think that there are more than enough hints in the original to make me a Pokeshipper. The 4kids dub-adds are just a little extra push for people who don't do subtlety.
    Last edited by Falstaff; 29th February 2012 at 3:16 AM.

This just in...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoB4aZQVaX4

Questioner:Would you ever consider doing a different version of Pokemon if they ever decided to update or remake the series? What would Ash be like past 10? (I'm paraphrasing. The questioner goes on for a while and seems to be on the verge of tears).
    Eric: Oh, I thought Ash was 35...
    Veronica: We could grow up. I think it would be great... Ash as a teenager really could kiss Misty.
    Voice in the crowd: Or May!
    Veronica: Or May.

Consider that 1.) Shipping seems to be on Veronica's mind, and 2.) Veronica was the voice of May but when thinking of someone for Ash to kiss Misty was still the first one she thought of.

What changed her mind? No clue.

As for dub vs. original shipping, I think that there are more than enough hints in the original to make me a Pokeshipper. The 4kids dub-adds are just a little extra push for people who don't do subtlety.
    I love Veronica. She is just so honarable to all of the characters. But yes if he was older than the writers would have probably had a different plan for him in the shipping department. I'd say that just like alot of other anime they would have been a couple. But since it is for younger kids, I guess that's why we have all these boys and girls.
    And of course Veronica would think of Misty. She was the first girl on the show.

My ideal battle ever!

Page 132 of 255 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182232 ... LastLast