Page 16 of 254 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Thread: PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hakajin View Post
    Mm, I don't think age is a problem with the other ships. Personally, I like ships with an age difference. But I did think Ash and May had more of a brother/sister dynamic. Or teacher/student. Don't know enough about his interactions with Dawn, but whatever. I just think Misty and Ash have history, and there's a lot of respect between them. Ash acted as more of a teacher for the other two than Misty did for him, so I think there's more equality between them.
    Good point, Misty was the one he couldn't teach because she seemed to be a slight step ahead of him I really don't understand Ash/girl-other-than-Misty or Misty/boy-other-than-Ash shippers
    AAML for life yo. )

And thank you Milotic17 for the Revelation Lugia link that shows me undub AAML proof

I love you guys so much!! *pokeshipper hug*
    pokeshippy pic i foundd::::

by ricordi@deviantart
    Pokeshipper
    (n.): Because we don't forget 5five
    seasons, 4four cameos, 3three supporters,
    2two gifts, and 1one departure worth of emotions.

Yay for Pokeshipping! Misty was the first girl main to enter the series, and she was a strong character so I really liked her. As the series progressed though, I couldn't help but feel Misty and Ash needed to be together, whether as friends or more, and I didn't get the same feeling from the other girls. So, Pokeshipper I am. ^_^
    What are your expectations from me, this thread, and AshxMisty in the future?
    Well, I'm fairly new, so I'm not really sure what to expect haha. As for Ash and Misty though, I have a feeling she's going to come back. It'd not only be good for us Pokeshippers, but it would also make for a good plot line for the producers too. Hopefully Misty's stay in the show would be more permanent than last time. (Although if she made an appearance in one episode would be fine too. It'd just be nice to see her. ^_^)
    Last edited by HMTQ - Madge; 21st July 2009 at 12:09 PM.

Banana Palkia, y/n?

I guess I'll answer XxM!styxX's questions

Does it still bother you that Misty left and rarely shows up and why? Does anyone know if there are any updates on when or if Misty will make another appearance somewhere???

Yes very much, she should have never left but her voice actor in Japan thought she could go off and be an amazing singer just because she's a hit as a voice actor.
    Word is she failed miserably and is coming back to the series, that's why Misty will come back for season 12, but it's just unsure if she'll be a main character or not. I doubt it. Besides good writing would ease her back in so perhaps she's a minor rival of Ash's and then in Season 13 she's a full-on main character again. =)

and perhaps

There is no such thing as a non-believer of Pokeshipping...
    Just someone that hasn't seen the first 5 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by ArticunoJazzMan333 View Post

Does it still bother you that Misty left and rarely shows up and why? Does anyone know if there are any updates on when or if Misty will make another appearance somewhere???

Yes very much, she should have never left but her voice actor in Japan thought she could go off and be an amazing singer just because she's a hit as a voice actor.
    Word is she failed miserably and is coming back to the series, that's why Misty will come back for season 12, but it's just unsure if she'll be a main character or not. I doubt it. Besides good writing would ease her back in so perhaps she's a minor rival of Ash's and then in Season 13 she's a full-on main character again. =)
    Woah thanks, *dreams of season 12*
    Thanks for answering my question ^^
    Guys, I just discovered an amazing song by Lady Gaga called Brown Eyes. Please look it up on youtube or something, the lyrics fit Misty's feelings about Ash totally.
    Here's a sneak peak:
    If everything was everything, but everything is over
    Everything could be everything, if only we were older
    (in another verse it says: but its time to say goodbye)
    Guess its just a silly song about you
    And how I lost you,
    and your brown eyes

Get the Misty hints? Ash has brown eyes.
    next question because these questions are getting redundant!
    What is a song you've heard that BEST depicts the Ash and Misty relationship that ISN'T on the Pokemon soundtracks (i.e.: Misty's Song, He Drives Me Crazy, Pokemon Christmas Bash, Don't Say You Love Me)?
    Brown Eyes is definitely one of the best I've heard so far.
    Last edited by XxM!styxX; 22nd July 2009 at 5:16 AM.
    Pokeshipper

Quote Originally Posted by ArticunoJazzMan333 View Post

Word is she failed miserably and is coming back to the series, that's why Misty will come

Here's my mini fic for the future:

Since the show started with Ash, Misty, and Brock it should also end with them. Throughout the season we should get all those good ol' pokeshipping hints from the first 5 seasons and towards the end the hints should get more and more intense until they possibly lead to a confession.

But mabye my imagination is going wild again.
    The long time pokeshipper

Hello my fellow pokeshippers =3
    I know I NEVER spend time in te pokeshipping threads but tonight, I just MUST talk AAML♥♥♥

If you could go into the anime itself, a few weeks before the actual story began, would you shift the course of Misty's and Ash's relationship with the price of them ending up brokenhearted at the end (when Misty must leave. This cannot be changed.), or would you let nature take its course and hope for the best?

I'd try my best to set up the way they first met diffrently, and maybe if they go off to a better start we'd have a happier (and more pokeshippy) ending... maybe...

now for some fan art:

Ash and Misty

done by meeeeeee XD
    Fay D. Flourite. All kinds of epic.

image credit

my twin is xXContestShipperXx
    my Evil twin is riolulu
    my pair is Tadashi
    my wife is Mewluvr200
    my husband is Drybones446

Sometimes. I missed her a lot during Hoenn, because I didn't like those seasons all that much. I enjoyed BF and I love D&P, so no, it doesn't bother me too much. I know Misty is no longer a main priority/part of the show, and I've come to accept it. When I'm down I just think about all the past hints we have compared to the other Ash/girl shippings. ;D Nothing beats Pokeshipping, even after all these years.

No, there is [unfortunately] no confirmation of her making another appearance yet.

Cute fan art, Nightning! :]

Welcome to Pokeshipping, Nightning
    I don't know how you do it, Chelc, I love Misty too much to watch Pokemon without her. Trust me I've tried to watch BF and D&P but I just can't stop thinking: "oh this would've been a great oportunity for Misty to say something slick to Ash or get scared. Oh look a bug Pokemon, why isn't Misty here screaming her guts out? "
    I love her soooo much!! Augh Misty!!
    Some Pokeshipping art I found on photobucket:
        Spoiler:- fanarttt:
    I absolutely adore this artist and how she/he draws Misty and Ash!! It's the cutest I've seen to date.

Ash and Misty are freaking out cuz there's no discussion!!
    COME ON GUYS LETS GET A DISCUSSION STARTED! WHERE ARE ALL MY POKESHIPPERS?
    Pokeshipper

You have a Pokeshipper right here, girl! ;D
    But what should we even talk about? /
    -------------------------------

Visit my Deviant Art website! Click on my banner

Pokeshipping, duh ;D
    Alright guys.... New discussion question, even though I've thrown a bunch out. And let's DISCUSS this, we can't let the other enemy ships win jk
    Do you guys think the handkerchief Misty gave Ash in GCYL has any hidden meaning?
    I think so... Not sure what it might be though... But Ash seems to keep it handy through D&P :3
    Pokeshipper

Hi guys! I'm pretty new on these forums, and I'm making my way around.

I've always loved Pokeshipping. I think the main reason why I stopped watching the anime was because Misty left and it really, really bothered me how May/Dawn just showed up and were like WE ARE THE MAIN GIRLS NOWWWW. Bah.

Here's hoping that when all is said and done, Ash will return from his travels Mister Champion and Misty will be waiting. Because after all, I think the moments these two shared were pure gold and pretty much sealed it.

But hi guys. Expect me to be around here more often.
    Banner made by Skiyomi.

Userbar made by Mew_.

I'm a female.

Spoiler:- Shiny Hunter:

Welcome Ryn and Yuraenia. It's always great to meet other Pokeshippers, not least as we are probably the most loyal (or try foolish ) shippers around for sticking by it for so long. Let's hope that such loyalty is rewarded by the time that the Sinnoh League comes around/finishes.

Do you guys think the handkerchief Misty gave Ash in GCYL has any hidden meaning?

Ah, I remember this topic from past Pokeshipping threads. I'd like to think that the handkerchief signifies Misty's undeniable love for Ash, and knowing that there are Japanese tales of maidens giving their loved ones handkerchiefs seems too much of a coincidence in this situation.

Speaking of the handkerchief, I found it really cute how Ash used it and Brock's cutlery gift to escape Team Rocket's trap later. Seeing him wipe Taillow's beak with it in Petalburg Woods was nice too.

On an unrelated note too, i've been rewatching the first series for nostalgic reasons, but also to note Pokeshipping moments I may have forgotten about after all these years. I found one in Attack of the Prehistoric Pokemon where Misty and Brock are trying to move the boulders to open the hole in the ground that the explosion had left. When moving the boulders, focus is put on Misty for a moment and she proclaims something like "you'd better be ok Ash... you still owe me a new bike". I just find it hilarious how she says it in such a heartfelt way yet controls herself by covering up with the old bike thing lol. Classic.

WELCOME RYN! We're glad to have you Pokeshipping always welcomes old lovers of the ship!! Like me i feel ya!! <33 may you feel comfort within our midst.
    I'd like to think that the handkerchief signifies Misty's undeniable love for Ash, and knowing that there are Japanese tales of maidens giving their loved ones handkerchiefs seems too much of a coincidence in this situation.
    i never thought of that. Dur japanese show *bonks self on head* makes so much sense dude! she totally adores the little pipsqueak
    Pokeshipper

Quote Originally Posted by Blazing Charmander View Post
    Welcome Ryn and Yuraenia. It's always great to meet other Pokeshippers, not least as we are probably the most loyal (or try foolish ) shippers around for sticking by it for so long. Let's hope that such loyalty is rewarded by the time that the Sinnoh League comes around/finishes.
    Nice to meet you, too. I'm hoping that my (oh god, here's me dating myself) 11 years (and counting!) of loyalty will pay off in the end.

Will there ever really be an end to Pokemon, though? xD. They seem to love to drag it on and on. Soon we'll have 1,000 pokemon to catch!

Quote Originally Posted by Blazing Charmander View Post
    On an unrelated note too, i've been rewatching the first series for nostalgic reasons, but also to note Pokeshipping moments I may have forgotten about after all these years. I found one in Attack of the Prehistoric Pokemon where Misty and Brock are trying to move the boulders to open the hole in the ground that the explosion had left. When moving the boulders, focus is put on Misty for a moment and she proclaims something like "you'd better be ok Ash... you still owe me a new bike". I just find it hilarious how she says it in such a heartfelt way yet controls herself by covering up with the old bike thing lol. Classic.
    Gosh, I remember that episode. I remember that SCENE and I haven't watched the old episodes in maybe like 7-8 years. I remember being so pleased with that and it just shows how in denial she is about the whole thing, I think. But who thinks she didn't give a hoot about the bike at this point. *raises hand*

WELCOME RYN! We're glad to have you Pokeshipping always welcomes old lovers of the ship!! Like me i feel ya!! <33 may you feel comfort within our midst.
    Thanks! And I'm glad to be here, really. I need to go dive a bit back into the waters of this ship, and I'm glad to be doing that here. But thanks for the welcome. <3
    Banner made by Skiyomi.

Userbar made by Mew_.

I'm a female.

Spoiler:- Shiny Hunter:

Quote Originally Posted by Ryn View Post
    Gosh, I remember that episode. I remember that SCENE and I haven't watched the old episodes in maybe like 7-8 years. I remember being so pleased with that and it just shows how in denial she is about the whole thing, I think. But who thinks she didn't give a hoot about the bike at this point. *raises hand*
    Lol, yup it's interesting how as early as Ash Catches a Pokemon, Misty had begun to drop the whole bike thing because she just wanted to travel with Ash. The scene below kinda demonstrates that she couldn't have cared less about the bike.

Pikachu: Pikapi *points behind Ash*
    Ash: What's the matter Pikachu? *looks behind to find Misty, who hides*
    Ash: What're you following us for?!
    Misty: *sweatdrops* M-my bike... i'm holding you responsible for my bike.
    Ash: Fine, do whatever you want.
    Misty: That's exactly what i'm doing.

Classic scene. I can't remember the bit in the middle (something about Ash planning to repay her someday and she says she could've ridden out of the forest quickly with it), but that just shows how she was beginning to become curious about Ash as a person in my opinion. Then at the end of the episode, she says to herself "i've never known anyone like him before, he really does like Pokemon" with her hands behind her back and eyes closed in obvious infatuation. And then, like i've mentioned with the Attack of the Prehistoric Pokemon scene and also her forgetting about the bike until the Cinnabar gym episode, I think it's safe to say that the bike was initially a safeguard for her as she was in denial about her feelings for Ash.

I definitely agree the bike was just a safeguard. THis is easily proven in the Shippy Episode of... *drumroll*
    GCYL! <333 shippylove. She realizes that her bike is fixed and now all her back ups drop and she's like crap either i leave because my bike's fixed or I tell Ash of my true feelings.
    I got kinda angry when Ash goes what's wrong with her? and brock looks super contemplative and goes "i get the feeling she wanted to keep travelling with us." ashs face screams "really?!? zomg i totally didnt know! im sooo clueless"
    like seriously guys?!? you're gonna really ask that! Of course she wants to keep travelling with Ash you idiots ^^;; she adores that kid.
    does anyone know the episode with tracey ash and misty where its raining and thundering and ash covers her from the thunder cause shes scared? I really like that scene.

LOOK WHAT I FOUND! This song is so Pokeshippy! Always Be My Baby by Mariah Carey:
    you'll always be a part of me
    i'm a part of you indefinitely
    and we'll linger on
    time can't erase a feeling this strong
    You & I will always be

Cute, yes? I strongly urge you to listen to it!
    Last edited by XxM!styxX; 24th July 2009 at 12:52 AM.
    Pokeshipper

Quote Originally Posted by XxM!styxX View Post
    I definitely agree the bike was just a safeguard. THis is easily proven in the Shippy Episode of... *drumroll*
    GCYL! <333 shippylove. She realizes that her bike is fixed and now all her back ups drop and she's like crap either i leave because my bike's fixed or I tell Ash of my true feelings.
    I got kinda angry when Ash goes what's wrong with her? and brock looks super contemplative and goes "i get the feeling she wanted to keep travelling with us." ashs face screams "really?!? zomg i totally didnt know! im sooo clueless"
    like seriously guys?!? you're gonna really ask that! Of course she wants to keep travelling with Ash you idiots ^^;; she adores that kid.
    does anyone know the episode with tracey ash and misty where its raining and thundering and ash covers her from the thunder cause shes scared? I really like that scene.

LOOK WHAT I FOUND! This song is so Pokeshippy! Always Be My Baby by Mariah Carey:
    you'll always be a part of me
    i'm a part of you indefinitely
    and we'll linger on
    time can't erase a feeling this strong
    You & I will always be

Cute, yes? I strongly urge you to listen to it!
    Ash is such a dope. I mean, he may not understand how Misty feels about him, but you'd at least expect him to realize that he's a good friend to her. Mou... I like how you said "She adores that kid." So sweetly said! I like the thunder scene a lot... and all the bike scenes. It was so cute, and funny because she was so obvious. I seriously blushed at that scene in the Prehistoric Pokemon episode. Hey, have y'all seen that video clip of the spoof dub the dubbers did in the first movie? I think it was on the extras on the dvd... Mel posted it a long time ago. It's on Youtube.
    Last edited by Hakajin; 24th July 2009 at 3:31 AM.
    These are my fanfics. Read them. Or not, whatever.
    Pokemon Generations: Satsumi's Journey (Chapter 2 Now Up!)
    My Fanfiction.net Profile

This is my Tumblr. Read it if you are so inclined.
    The Philosophy of Shipping (shipdr.tumblr.com)

QUick! Edit the link out, we're not allowed to give video links! =x just say, if anyone wants to see it, PM me or something!
    Do you hapen to know what episode the thunder scene is from?
    EDIT: Everytime I watch that scene from the first movie where Ash is turned to stone, I start tearing up ='[ no Ash you have to stay alive for all the Pokeshippers in the world! Misty needs you to become canon with her!
    Last edited by XxM!styxX; 24th July 2009 at 2:04 AM.
    Pokeshipper

I hope that Ash and Misty get married and have up to 6 kids
    I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE

Hey, Twinkie! >D

My Heart Gold Team

I am now a brony. This makes me 20% cooler.

My Pearl Team

Quote Originally Posted by Twinkie View Post
    I hope that Ash and Misty get married and have up to 6 kids
    Could you please lengthen your post? ^^;; More than one sentence would be appreciated. Like answer one of the questions or something.

*frustrated*
    We need some discussion Pokeshippers!! Am i the only one who cares about them anymore? =[ lol
    Pokeshipper

Oh, thanks for the warning. Either I'd forgotten that rule, or it's a new one. Well, anyway...

It's not that no one cares, it's just that we've discussed the heck out of it. We end up discussing the same things over and over, and sometimes we get into ridiculous topics. This one time Alfie stirred up some controversy with us, and his defense was "Well, it's better than talking about what color socks Ash and Misty will buy each other on their anniversary." Ha, good times, good times.
    These are my fanfics. Read them. Or not, whatever.
    Pokemon Generations: Satsumi's Journey (Chapter 2 Now Up!)
    My Fanfiction.net Profile

This is my Tumblr. Read it if you are so inclined.
    The Philosophy of Shipping (shipdr.tumblr.com)

^^ Back in tha day
    well I mean what about contestshippers and all them? If they can talk their brains out about May/Drew, we can do the same with Ash/Misty!
    who knows, maybe, secretly, an agent from the japanese Pokemon producers is lingering here, wondering how far we'll go to get Misty back!
    Pokeshipper

@Blazing Charmander- Nice to meet you! ^_^

Well, we can petition the producers to put Misty back or something.. :/ But then they'd probably just not mind us or stuff. So we gotta do something a little bit more..uh..."active?" than that. Like advertise all over the web saying "WE WANT MISTY BACK!!" Hahaha...I myself haven't seen much advertising with that as a subject And then once the producers see that or something, then there's a real chance of putting Misty as another main character. But if that fails, at least they've gotta make her show up again some time during the Sinnoh region and put as many hints as possible!! XD

Quote Originally Posted by Yuraenia View Post
    @Blazing Charmander- Nice to meet you! ^_^

Well, we can petition the producers to put Misty back or something.. :/ But then they'd probably just not mind us or stuff. So we gotta do something a little bit more..uh..."active?" than that. Like advertise all over the web saying "WE WANT MISTY BACK!!" Hahaha...I myself haven't seen much advertising with that as a subject And then once the producers see that or something, then there's a real chance of putting Misty as another main character. But if that fails, at least they've gotta make her show up again some time during the Sinnoh region and put as many hints as possible!! XD
    STRIKE AGAINST PKMN! *strikes with Bring Back Misty posters* We should start a petition or club somewhere haha. Anyway back to Pokeshipping (love your caption btw, FTW!) :
    What is the most Pokeshippy episode you've ever seen?
    GCYL... but there's many others as well ^^;;, every episode that Misty and Ash are in is shippy dah!
    Pokeshipper

What is the most Pokeshippy episode you've ever seen?
    Darn... XD how long has it been since I watched the arcs with Misty? I can't tell. They started showing Pokemon in Cartoon Network Philippines like 2005. I don't think I bothered to notice any Pokeshipping that time, but now I regret that. I got a bunch of DVD's all Pokemon, but I'm too lazy to look for the shippiest episode :P So I really dunno. ...

Page 16 of 254 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast