Page 187 of 254 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197237 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,675 of 6326

Thread: PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

IMHO, Ash and Misty have more of a brother/sister type thing going on, yo. I mean, were they not related in the video games, son.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkus View Post
    IMHO, Ash and Misty have more of a brother/sister type thing going on, yo. I mean, were they not related in the video games, son.
    Uhh no they weren't related in the video games...also I'm pretty confused about what brotherly/sisterly type relationship you saw between them, because it certainly didn't appear that way to me.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

It all started with the bike, yo. Ash trashing it was like what a sibling would do to another, likewise Misty's reaction of forgiveness instead of bashing his face in, son. Besides, Misty had more time to make a move than anyone else and she did nothing. What does that say, yo.

It all started with the bike, yo. Ash trashing it was like what a sibling would do to another, likewise Misty's reaction of forgiveness instead of bashing his face in, son. Besides, Misty had more time to make a move than anyone else and she did nothing. What does that say, yo.
    I respect your opinion and could see why many people see a sibling relationship between the two, heck even I have thought of them that way myself. But certain scenes would be quite awkward if that was the case. Like the dance scene in the maiden's peak episode. Or anytime Misty/Ash showed jealousy (albeit the latter showed jealousy quite rarely). But yeah this is only what I think.

Except she didn't forgive him, yo, she followed him so he could make amends for that bike. She didn't make a move because she was shy, maybe? Or she didn't realize her feelings, perhaps? Speaking from personal experience, I didn't make a move (until much later) on a girl I knew even though I had more than enough time. Just saying that nothing struck me as her seeing him as a brother. You could make that argument for Ash (even though that's pretty contestable), but it's pretty much canon IMO that she likes him, considering all the evidence out there.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."

I'm sorry..it would be awkward seeing ash and misty as siblings considering all the hints
    ☠Two street thug sisters and Death The Kid☠

Changing the topic, we don't know whether misty will ever make another appearance but I'm wondering what you guys think will likely happen if she does?

I've been on so many pokeshipping websites lately that I even had a pokeshipping dream lol The dream was basically how misty would make her appearance again. It's basically like a spinoff after xy where ash is shown going back to pallet but on his way meeting his past traveling partners. The first episode would have ash meet with Iris and Cilan and it will basically go backwards in order of appearance, leaving the last episode with Ash meeting Misty at the Cerulean gym. But my dream ended when ash shows up, so what do you guys think/want to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Poke-Girl9 View Post
    Changing the topic, we don't know whether misty will ever make another appearance but I'm wondering what you guys think will likely happen if she does?

I've been on so many pokeshipping websites lately that I even had a pokeshipping dream lol The dream was basically how misty would make her appearance again. It's basically like a spinoff after xy where ash is shown going back to pallet but on his way meeting his past traveling partners. The first episode would have ash meet with Iris and Cilan and it will basically go backwards in order of appearance, leaving the last episode with Ash meeting Misty at the Cerulean gym. But my dream ended when ash shows up, so what do you guys think/want to happen?
    LOL, must have been quite a long dream...

Only reason I could see her coming to Kalos would be to learn about Mega Evolution, particularly Mega Gyarados, since Gyarados has become her signature Pokemon.

I think that's an interesting dream. Do you guys think she knows Ash went to Kalos?

Another topic, has anyone realized how pokeshipperish the electric tales of pickachu manga is?

I think her biggest chance to re-appear will be during one of Ash's return visits to Pallet Town. I think she'll appear during one of those and meet up with Ash. I hope they spend most of that episode together and talk about their various experiences. I wouldn't expect anything major between them, aside from maybe a battle either against themselves or against Team Rocket. They could battle each other for fun, or team up against Team Rocket and beat them together, which would be cool to see. Either way, I want Misty back someday.

Misty will most likely appear in the series again after Kalos, maybe? Because whenever I think of Serena being an aquaintance of Ash before the series takes place, I think of Misty, since she was Ash's first travel companion (besides Pikachu). But maybe that's just me...? XD

Quote Originally Posted by IcyWish View Post
    Misty will most likely appear in the series again after Kalos, maybe? Because whenever I think of Serena being an aquaintance of Ash before the series takes place, I think of Misty, since she was Ash's first travel companion (besides Pikachu). But maybe that's just me...? XD
    She probably will (only a guest appearance or a flashback, however) and not as a main character.

Here's some information for those of you that don't know: "Former director and storyboard artist of the Pokémon anime, Masamitsu Hidaka, stated in an interview that Misty will not return as a main character in future seasons, but she will continue to make guest appearances from time to time like she has in the past. He also mentioned Contests in connection with Misty, although the translator neglected to mention what was meant by this."

Well didn't he say that during AG? She did get cameos, but it's been a LONG time since she got her last one.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokeshipper9000 View Post
    Well didn't he say that during AG? She did get cameos, but it's been a LONG time since she got her last one.
    Yeah you're right, she does deserve some cameos though. It's been so long lol. Maybe Misty can just visit Ash in Pallet town or something.

I know right? I heard the voice actress for Kasumi had been tweeting a lot about pokemon lately too

Quote Originally Posted by Jayk723 View Post
    She probably will (only a guest appearance or a flashback, however) and not as a main character.

Here's some information for those of you that don't know: "Former director and storyboard artist of the Pokémon anime, Masamitsu Hidaka, stated in an interview that Misty will not return as a main character in future seasons, but she will continue to make guest appearances from time to time like she has in the past. He also mentioned Contests in connection with Misty, although the translator neglected to mention what was meant by this."
    That's been known for a long time, and although some other people have used it as "proof" that Misty won't come back, I think the opposite. It was mentioned that she would still return for small roles and guest appearances, and that's honestly better than nothing in my opinion. Granted, ever since AG she's only appeared in flashbacks, but there's still hope that she'll appear, maybe in the upcoming 20th anniversary special in a couple of years, assuming that the studio wants to celebrate that milestone by having old characters like Misty make an appearance. I really hope it happens because I need more PokeShipping hints lol.

I know right? I heard the voice actress for Kasumi had been tweeting a lot about pokemon lately too
    Why is there just one voice actress for Misty? Can't they just get a new one?

I don't know why they don't bother to bring her back - it's not like it would take much of an introduction to reintegrate her into main cast or as a recurring character. Kids don't need much. And older fans already know who she is anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayk723 View Post

I've heard about that. I don't know when that was stated, however. Misty's most recent appearances have happened in BW flashbacks, and the ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    Why is there just one voice actress for Misty? Can't they just get a new one?

I don't know why they don't bother to bring her back - it's not like it would take much of an introduction to reintegrate her into main cast or as a recurring character. Kids don't need much. And older fans already know who she is anyway.
    I do think that kids would need more backstory about Misty given that the last time she was in the anime was about 8 or 9 years ago, not counting flashbacks and Openings/Endings. The writers probably can't be bothered to re-introduce her since they would have to give her a long flashback and exposition. I personally hate that the writers haven't brought her back for nearly a decade, but I still have hope that she'll appear in the future and stick with Ash for a few episodes. Misty is the original female companion; she deserves better and PokeShipping in general deserves another chance.

Yeah I have a 10 year old sister and brother and they were watching X and Y and I showed them OS and they knew Brock but they asked me "who's that red head?" I'm like Misty, the original female companion that deserves cameos once again.

Yeah I have a 10 year old sister and brother and they were watching X and Y and I showed them OS and they knew Brock but they asked me "who's that red head?" I'm like Misty, the original female companion that deserves cameos once again.
    She sure does! And maybe a return for a whole region or something... if that can happen, since Pokemon will keep switching companions -.-; ... so she probably won't stay for long if she does return..

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    I do think that kids would need more backstory about Misty given that the last time she was in the anime was about 8 or 9 years ago, not counting flashbacks and Openings/Endings. The writers probably can't be bothered to re-introduce her since they would have to give her a long flashback and exposition. I personally hate that the writers haven't brought her back for nearly a decade, but I still have hope that she'll appear in the future and stick with Ash for a few episodes. Misty is the original female companion; she deserves better and PokeShipping in general deserves another chance.
    A Charizard-style montage could definitely suffice to bringing the younger generation up to speed on her character. A 10-year-old doesn't need some drawn out exposition. And older fans already know who she is.

Well, it certainly wouldn't hurt the franchise if they brought her back. She's still a beloved character to many people. And I definitely agree that it was rather unfair to her character the way she was just cast aside.

Lol, that's how my little sister is. She started watching the anime around DP so she didn't know who Misty was. I really think that the writers are just lazy in a sense and don't want to bring back Misty because of all the hard work involved. I mean aside from them having to explain who she is to the younger audience, they'd have to re-hire her voice actress. It's probably more trouble than it's worth for them, but I hope they eventually give in. I'm surprised that they haven't done so already; I would've thought that the uproar over Misty leaving the cast to begin with would've made them realize how important she is, but they only brought her back for a few episodes in AG. I need more PokeShipping hints like I need air.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Lol, that's how my little sister is. She started watching the anime around DP so she didn't know who Misty was. I really think that the writers are just lazy in a sense and don't want to bring back Misty because of all the hard work involved. I mean aside from them having to explain who she is to the younger audience, they'd have to re-hire her voice actress. It's probably more trouble than it's worth for them, but I hope they eventually give in. I'm surprised that they haven't done so already; I would've thought that the uproar over Misty leaving the cast to begin with would've made them realize how important she is, but they only brought her back for a few episodes in AG. I need more PokeShipping hints like I need air.
    Yeah, I'm missing it a lot these days. It's really funny because the writers thinks everyone forgot about pokeshipping and Misty that there isn't a need to bring her back..wow are they wrong!
    xD

Page 187 of 254 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197237 ... LastLast