Page 189 of 255 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199239 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,725 of 6352

Thread: PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

1. Instead of saying my opinion makes no sense, try explaining why you feel that way. Misty got more air time than anyone else, probably as much as Dawn and Iris combined, yet people complain that she still needs to be there. She has had more than enough time, others like Dawn were barely there before getting the boot, that is what is not fair. And killing off a female character to make way for another is often done in more violent shows, hence my point.

2. You are assuming Misty and Ash had a romantic subplot. If anything, they were more like best friends, siblings at most. After over 300 esp, their romance got nowhere and the dynamic was getting stale, hence the change. Misty was one of the reasons why ratings started to tank.

3. Most of the older fans no longer care about Pokemon, which is why they do not know Dawn. If the older fans in the west all saw every ep with Misty and Dawn and were asked which character was better, I would bet the answer would be Dawn. She is way more likable and considerate than Misty, who was just loud and overbearing at times, no offense.

4. How can anyone truly call themselves a Pokemon master without proving it first. She has to compete in a league to prove her worth. Why else has Ash been competing for 16 years if he could just declare himself to be a Pokemon master like Misty has in regards to water Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkus View Post
    1. Instead of saying my opinion makes no sense, try explaining why you feel that way. Misty got more air time than anyone else, probably as much as Dawn and Iris combined, yet people complain that she still needs to be there. She has had more than enough time, others like Dawn were barely there before getting the boot, that is what is not fair. And killing off a female character to make way for another is often done in more violent shows, hence my point.

2. You are assuming Misty and Ash had a romantic subplot. If anything, they were more like best friends, siblings at most. After over 300 esp, their romance got nowhere and the dynamic was getting stale, hence the change. Misty was one of the reasons why ratings started to tank.

3. Most of the older fans no longer care about Pokemon, which is why they do not know Dawn. If the older fans in the west all saw every ep with Misty and Dawn and were asked which character was better, I would bet the answer would be Dawn. She is way more likable and considerate than Misty, who was just loud and overbearing at times, no offense.

4. How can anyone truly call themselves a Pokemon master without proving it first. She has to compete in a league to prove her worth. Why else has Ash been competing for 16 years if he could just declare himself to be a Pokemon master like Misty has in regards to water Pokemon.
    1. Misty was intended to be the only female character at first. I'm pretty sure during the first few episodes they didn't think about "oooh after a few seasons will get another girl in." That's why Dawn and Iris "barley" had screen time. It's because they were intended to be written off anyways.
    2.Misty, as I heard was written as being the romantic interest. As Maldread said, they couldn't resolve her relationship or her goal.
    3. That's complete malarky. There are many fans who care about pokemon that are old (as me and many others) who know who dawn is who went through all 17 seasons and I can pretty much say Dawn is NOTHING compared to Misty.
    4. Haven't you realized she is trying, but being a pokemon master isn't her goal. WATER. That's why she competed in the whirl cup.
    So pretty much...Maldread is 100% right and you're invalid.
    Crazy Shipper|Misty, May, and Drew|Anime Fangirl

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    I agree with this statement. Ash X Misty was blatant in the OS - 4Kids only accentuated it.
    Which is exactly what I meant and yet my comments keep being picked apart and taken out of context. But yeah, I thank 4Kids for putting some effort when it came to keeping and expanding on a few PokeShipping hints. 4Kids often ruined other aspects of the dub in my opinion, what with their unnecessary paint edits and music changes, but at least they were consistent when it came to the characters, especially Ash and Misty.

Well, the past pages pretty much explain why I haven't posted here in a while, I didn't want to get caught up in any argument... Anyways, I'll state my opinion on the current topics here now. I hope I didn't offend anyone, this is just my opinion/interpretation. I chose to not directly quote people, I don't want to make anyone feel attacked.

- First of all, the most important PokeShipping hints are in the original, and not just the dub. Jealousy and physical attraction are there in both, think about Pokemon 2000 and "Beauty and the Beach" for examples. Yes, the dub added some things, but they didn't create PokeShipping and also aren't responsible for it. Without the dub hints, PokeShipping still has all its important hints. And no, I don't like what the dub did, because dubbers are supposed to translate, not to add, edit or remove stuff. And yes, the dub also removed PokeShipping moments, like in Chronicles.

- Second, I think it's obvious that there are feelings involved between Ash and Misty. Yes, the arguing could be taken as a brother and sister thing, but PokeShipping is more than that. Jealousy when someone else flirts, physical attraction, Misty's reaction when someone confronts her with her feelings... That's all part of what PokeShipping is all about, those moments are also part of the shipping. PokeShipping is more than arguments, it has legitimate hints. It's definitely more than nostalgia, and it's definitely more than arguments.

- Third, I don't think PokeShipping died out into Johto. Yes, it wasn't as shippy as Orange Islands, but it's not like PokeShipping ended there. We still had some hints, like Macey getting Misty jealous and mad during the Johto League when she flirted with Ash.

- Fourth, the Gym Leader issue isn't really related to PokeShipping, but I clearly stated my opinion on that in a thread more fitting for that here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...4#post16706384

- Fifth, I don't think OrangeShipping is a serious threat. It had no serious hints at all. I'm not saying that all supporters are keep-away shippers, only some are, but I do think that OrangeShipping has no valid hints. Two characters asking whether Misty likes Tracey is not a hint, unless Misty turns it into a hint, which she doesn't. She calmly denies it, while she freaks out when someone mentions her feelings for Ash. When someone brings up Ash, she has to battle her feelings and freaks out, because she knows it's true. But when someone brings up Tracey, she can calmly say no, because there are no feelings. And the "someone else" hint with Georgio is probably a reference to Ash. Clearly not to Tracey: Misty had an anger outburst, which she always has when someone brings up her feelings for Ash. And Tracey being at the Gym is not a hint... He visits the Gym often, either to run errands for Oak or to visit Daisy, that's why he was there all the time in Chronicles. That has nothing to do with Misty or OrangeShipping.

- Sixth, the idea that most older fans stopped watching is a negative stereotype that doesn't make much sense. I know plenty of older fans who still watch and who are still into Pokemon. I'm 19, and I'm one of the people who is still in the fandom as a PokeShipper, and I know I'm not the only one. I know some fans in their twenties who also haven't abandoned the show yet.
    Last edited by AquaMilotic; 8th January 2014 at 12:16 AM.

1. Instead of saying my opinion makes no sense, try explaining why you feel that way.
    Very well, I will entertain this post.

Misty got more air time than anyone else, probably as much as Dawn and Iris combined, yet people complain that she still needs to be there.
    Gee I don't know maybe because they like her character and want her to return. There are many, and believe me that's no exaggeration, people in Serebii who dislike Iris and could care less if she didn't get as much screen time as the other Pokegirls. And please, Dawn got a lot of air time and she was treated as a co-star throughout DP (which was also a very long series in case you didn't know).

She has had more than enough time, others like Dawn were barely there before getting the boot, that is what is not fair. And killing off a female character to make way for another is often done in more violent shows, hence my point.
    I'm beginning to wonder whether you watched DP. Dawn had the most development and had more episodic focus than any of the other girls. If anything, blame the writers for making her personality static and character interactions a bit lacking, but don't start whining that Dawn didn't get any focus/screen time because that's 100% false.

Or y'know a female character can simply leave on her own accord, which also happens in violent shows.

2. You are assuming Misty and Ash had a romantic subplot. If anything, they were more like best friends, siblings at most.
    Now I am beginning to question whether you watched the OS. Pokeshipping was blatantly spelled out on screen; my adolescent self completely oblivious to all things related to love even knew back then that there was something going on between them. And Ash X Misty was the subplot of the Orange Islands arc.

After over 300 esp, their romance got nowhere and the dynamic was getting stale, hence the change. Misty was one of the reasons why ratings started to tank.
    And dropping Misty caused even more tanking since people were upset when she left. Yeah, their romance didn't get anywhere because it was practically canon and their relationship went on for so long that the only thing left was end-game stuff, namely confession/kiss/happily-ever-after...aka end of the story. The writers decided not to end Ash's story as they originally planned and they didn't know what to do with Misty (they never revisited her goal and her being love interest couldn't go any farther), so they just went 'clean slate' and had her say "now I know how you feel about me" and left it like that. I don't know whether you realized that or not, but it seems pretty obvious what happened to Misty and why it happened.

The humongous fan base of Pokemon that went away after the franchise declined still only know of Misty and believe her and Ash are the canon couple. And no... only YOU are saying that Dawn is better. You can't speak for other people. I am an older fan...I like Misty more. I like Dawn too, but I have my reasons for not liking her as much as well. If you're going to make the argument that Misty was just loud/overbearing, I could easily make the argument that Dawn was boring and had tepid interactions with other characters. See the problem here?

Facepalm - really? Her goal is to be a Water-type master; she's not traipsing around saying she is one.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

I apologize for bumping again in this thread but there are few things i felt needed to be addressed:

True of a part doesn't make something true as a whole. Misty was in higher number of episodes as main character than any other girl protagonist which came after her was. But does that make her most developed, fleshed out and explored character to the point when we could say how her staying in main series was "sufficient and nothing else needed to be done?" Far from it.

Misty story was left untied. Her goal of water pokemon master was left unfinished and several things were left unexplored and unanswered about her past,dreams,pokemon and ambitions not being fleshed out enough as character.
    Yes you could make same argument for May or Dawn, but they actually came to realization how to accomplish their dreams,we got insight in their motives and what influenced them to pursue their dreams, being replaced in way which serves as indication of further progress being made.

You could tell writers did what thy intended with their characters tying up most loose ends going for them, but when it comes to Misty she wasnt developed enough to allow character to go from point A to point B laving most things open with lot of potential for furthjer development ending unused(for more detailed explanation see page 188).

Even so just because Misty was in bigger number of episodes doesn't mean how it wouldn't be justified if she stayed for longer. This isn't competition nor it should be treated as such with someone worth and reasoning to be in anime not being based on how long he was part of it, but in how beneficial and productive he is to overall plot, his appeal and entertainment value as character raising up atmophere or his own potential to be explored more.

Misty was highly popular character to the point of becoming iconic, her playful poutbursts, various pranks, hotheaded nature but also sweet and caring side showing to be unselfish and protective about those she holds important to her heart
    brought comedy,strong level of understanding and flamboyant, spontaneous dynamic in group interactions on daily basis.

Along with romantic angle her presence brought to cast and developed case of what many find to be case of "young love" for main protagonist(Ash) added extra flavor to group dynamics diving more into character personalities and embalming their relationship with more complexity.

Writers on their hand had one of most complete and complex characters which had lot of appeal and charisma bringing lot of identity to main cast and it was highly reckless and inconsiderate move from their part to abandon her like she never existed leaving so much potential and prpospect for advancement not only in her case but as far as anime storyline goes and qualit her presence was able to bring to it unused and casted aside.

Misty was in series for 276 episodes, not over 300.
    Im not sure how this can even be considered assumption, when it was pretty obvious to me when watching Kanto, Orange and Johto series accompanied with second movie how there indeed existed romantic subplot basd far as Misty character is concerned. Which would explain alot presence of some scenes where Misty blushed like red pepper, showed moment of jealousy over other girls flirting with Ash and trying to deny it when being accused in several episodes and especially in second movie regarding Melody.

Along with posessive nature not wanting any other girl to be present near Ash as far as flirting goes which was especially memorable during Johto league with Macy considering him as "booked",lot of concern and care than it was case with even Brock and anyone else not wanting Ash to go into danger or starting to cry when something bad would happen hoping he is alright(such as moment of Ash dying, almost drowning in second movie, going rashly in confrontation with TR to save Lugia by himself in Whirl Islands, when Shuckle elder gave him suspicious pill causing Ash pain invoking her fury and high level of dedication and faithfulness if Trovita island and decline of Rudy offer to stay with him along with chronicles and reasoning behind reject of Georgio offer to go on date was something to go by.

Im not shipper, but even i cannot deny how there existed strong, highly obvious level of affection and romantic feelings spurting from Misty side toward Ash .

Also Misty wasn't in any way responsible for drop of ratings in Johto which were direct consequence of poor writing and fad dying out. Otherwise going by that logic we can also say how Brock, Ash and Team Roicket were accountable for drop of ratings in Johto seriers as well.

Fact how Misty departure caused huge backlash back than accompanied with lot of complaining, anger and shock from people all over the place resulting in numerous petitions being started, letters of support and demand for her return to main cast which is present even to this day shows how Misty was anything but responsible for drop of popularioty in any shape or form being missed and appreciated by many worldwise.

No one, but absolutely no one who left cast out of all companions ever caused such level of uproar and disappointment like Misty leaving did, nor demand for anyone return is notable to such extent as it can be found in Misty case if internet is something to go by.

Thats far from true. Many older fans which still prefer Misty and older sagas tried watching new series with new characters deciding to stop in midway of it due to not wanting to settle with "lower quality". Or watched all way through still preferring Misty largely over May, Dawn, Iris etc.

Because of great personality and comedy she brought, touching past and unique goals. She in their view provided best chemistry out of all girls between characters in this show bringing healthy interactions and dynamic within group having strong presence within show. They liked wide range of emotions she expressed,being both temperament but also sweet inside having her girly moments. Which varied from her anger and sarcastic remarks to unselfish and caring nature being willing to help to those she cared about even if it involved risking her own life.

And her niche of using mostly water type which i find kinda cool and unique compared to others, sad background growing without parents being constantly mocked by older sisters and all those things she gave to anime helping Ash to grow, playing role of classic heroine saving people lives, helping others about problems ad bringing humor and endearing dynamic with her tantrums and various passionate sides on daily basis.

Except Misty wanted to become water pokemon master, not general master of all types like Ash aims to achieve. Her dream involved becoming one of best water trainer in world),which is basically becoming one of E4 since they are best one type trainers.

"Water pokemon master"means to be strongest water pokemon trainer in world with prestigious title being given to those who proven themselves worldwide among other water trainers. Entailing with itself entering competitions like Whirl Cup was serving that purpose which showed how there exist some tasks someone needs to enter to achieve.
    Learning how to communicate with water pokemon, extracting their true sttrength on surface understanding fully their feelings and strength as sea priestess Maya elabnorated upon during Whirl arc drawing connection with past sea heroes which in Japanese was convoluted term of Alpha Omega of water types.

And making name for herself among other water trainers and experts becoming E4 material, possibly obtaining this position since elite members are top class mono trainers in the world and Misty considers Lorelei to be her idol admiring her expertise and skill in using water/ice pokemon.

@Maldread: Sad truth is that writers exactly knew what they would do with Misty in case decision to keep her past Johto was made. Not sure how much some of you are familiar with ex head writer who did construction for OS mr. Shudo blogs , but he said how Misty wasn't developed as much as she could have been never receiving conclusion to story regretting some of his mistakes of not doing more with her.

Openly admitting how there were ideas to develop Misty character and her story further with expansion on her water master career, higher involvement in episodes, battling and dealing with personal flaws maturing as person especially in her last season as main character showing how in case of longer stay writing staff had way to increase Misty role and importance. Especially in region like Hoenn which had ton of plots from which Misty could greatly benefit being abundant with water, speciualists like Juan and Wallace or villains which wanted ti eradicate water pokemon(Team Aqua and Magma making her play central role as passionate water specialist there). Even 9th movie screamed water band legendary species of this type all over the place.

Also as far as romantic subplot goes i case it was continued on i still believe they could have found way to continue Ash journey with Misty presence around in case they decided to step up their game and provide more substantial development in subtle manner injecting elements of selfquestioning and frustration coming fron Misty side facing dilemma of where she stands with whole thing through small hints and implications. Increasing more on her selfawareness while most of focus as it was case in OS still being centered around battles, training, development of character dreams, villains and aspect of journey and friendship. Not endangering series plot.

But in end any ideas and plans to justify Misty further presence in anime ended for most part unused because of decision to replace her character in favor of shaking things up and bringing something new on table, along with successor May likely being viewed in producers eyes as more suitable candidate to go in line with promotion of new games and their feature contests which wouldn't fit Misty goals and characterization, Something Masamitsu Hidaka(director for anime until Battle Frontier) in interview from 2008. only confirmed stating how contests "aren't Misty thing".
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 8th January 2014 at 12:08 PM.

Okay, well pokemon fan 132 pretty much stated everything I was going to say XD

Misty did get more episodes, but most of them were due to the Johto fillers, where she only got to say a few lines. As for Dawn, she got a lot more of a role than Misty. As for Iris, she probably had more presence than Misty (on the show).

I'd hardly say Ash and Misty have a sibling type relationship. There is plenty of evidence- scenes, dialogue, and the character actions to provide for their romantic subplot, but if you don't see any there, fine with me. Yes, the subplot got toned down extremely- in Johto. Every character lacked development, and I agree with their romance getting nowhere... but when you say "nowhere" it seems you did see the connection between them, and saw it being lost. As for the ratings, I read somewhere that it was because of Johto being stretched on by filler episodes. The OS only took around 70 episodes, except Ash's first few gym battles came up almost instantly after the previous.

I know Misty, and I know Dawn, although I haven't been watching since the very beginning of Pokemon. I've seen almost all the Sinnoh episodes. I've seen all of the episodes from Kanto-Johto, the first season of Pokemon Advance, and all of Battle Frontier. Hardly any eps of Unova, and the first few Kalos eps... anyway, how can you bet on that? Not everyone would prefer Dawn over Misty. Why, I myself prefer Misty- and not just because I'm a Pokeshipper. Her character is great, and I'm disappointed that the writers stopped developing her character during Johto, but I'm glad they developed her during the Hosos/Pokemon Chronicles. As for Hoenn, she seemed easily scared, and only appeared as herself as she battled using her Gyrados. And Misty is considerate in her own way, mind you. And I wouldn't say she's loud, as she mellowed out during the Orange Islands and Johto, thanks to Togepi.

Well, the writers don't want two characters to have the same goals. Ash competes for badges, so if Misty were to do the same, we'd be seeing two gym battles each time. And Misty declaring herself as a Water Pokemon Master, of course, doesn't mean she's a Water Pokemon Master. Misty's now a gym leader. I'd say, if she improved and became really skilled, maybe she'd be known as a Water Pokemon Master. You never know. As for Ash, he'll keep competing, because as long as the games are being produced, Ash has to go around a new region with new friends earning badges, compete in another Pokemon league, and probably not winning, before moving onto the next. Maybe he'll finally win once the Pokemon franchise ends.

And I have to ask, why are you in this Pokeshipping General Discussion thread? You're discussing about Misty's character and how likeable she could be and etc. Especially comparing her to Dawn, which has nothing to do with Pokeshipping.
    Not to mention adding "no offense" when saying that "Dawn is way more likeable and considerate than Misty, who was just loud and overbearing at times." It doesn't cover up the fact that you have stated your own biased opinion on saying Dawn is much more likeable. And most of that line is on the border of character bashing.

I'm pretty sure you were replying to someone, but hey, try to keep it on the Pokeshipping topic.
    Last edited by IcyWish; 8th January 2014 at 1:07 PM.

First of all I want to say that I do not hate Misty. She was my favorite female character before Dawn graced the show. Right now she is tied with Iris in my #2 spot. I just think that there are things about her, like her attitude, that turns me off, and her clothing, which is not suitable for a children's show. For example, look how Misty reacted when Ash trashed her bike. She acted like she was about to bash his face in. Dawn was understanding and forgiving, even May did not raise a huge fuss. Misty kept bringing up the bike a bunch of times in that season. I bet if she comes back, she will still be talking about it.

Like I said in an earlier post, it would be better if Misty came back in the next league and competed for badges against Ash to prove that she really is a water Pokemon master. Imagine if a certain region had 12 gyms, causing she and Ash to meet at least 4 times before the league tournament. We can see Ash compete in one gym, and in another see Misty compete in another unique one. They each could have their own travelling partners, we can have Brock and Tracey one back and have to choose who to partner with, along with the new Pokegirl for that region. It will all culminate in a final battle between the two in the tournament.

Now, this is something new, something different, while still containing elements of the past. This is kind of what I was trying to do, which is to inject new and different debates into this thread instead of the same old, same old. I mean, how interesting can recycled questions like, 'I wonder when Misty will come back,' really be.

Also, my comparisons between Misty and Dawn were done to highlight that what may have been popular then won't be now. Despite what some might think, Dawn is more popular among current fans in Japan than Misty is. Their attitudes are completely different, so if Misty did come back, she would have to be altered to match a personality like Dawn's to be a main character. Otherwise, she will be in today and out tomorrow again. And if after over 270 eps, her character arc is not resolved, it certainly won't be after another 270. Change was needed, and the writers, who made the show popular, chose to axe Misty and kept Brock. I think that says something, especially when Brock was recycling the same jokes over and over.

That's all I was trying to convey, but it seems that this is not wanted in this thread, so I will take my leave until I see something worth discussing again. Later, yo.

I don't understand why Misty having the most screen-time makes her "undeserving" of getting more. She had a good relationship with Ash while she was in the cast, and many of us felt that the writers tossed her out for no acceptable reason. I like many of the other female characters that were in the cast, but I would trade them all for a chance to get Misty in the cast again because she was the most enjoyable female character in my opinion. It may not seem fair to some people, but this is the PokeShipping thread after all; Misty's and Ash's relationship will always be the main focus.

First of all I want to say that I do not hate Misty. She was my favorite female character before Dawn graced the show. Right now she is tied with Iris in my #2 spot. I just think that there are things about her, like her attitude, that turns me off, and her clothing, which is not suitable for a children's show. For example, look how Misty reacted when Ash trashed her bike. She acted like she was about to bash his face in. Dawn was understanding and forgiving, even May did not raise a huge fuss. Misty kept bringing up the bike a bunch of times in that season. I bet if she comes back, she will still be talking about it.

Like I said in an earlier post, it would be better if Misty came back in the next league and competed for badges against Ash to prove that she really is a water Pokemon master. Imagine if a certain region had 12 gyms, causing she and Ash to meet at least 4 times before the league tournament. We can see Ash compete in one gym, and in another see Misty compete in another unique one. They each could have their own travelling partners, we can have Brock and Tracey one back and have to choose who to partner with, along with the new Pokegirl for that region. It will all culminate in a final battle between the two in the tournament.

Now, this is something new, something different, while still containing elements of the past. This is kind of what I was trying to do, which is to inject new and different debates into this thread instead of the same old, same old. I mean, how interesting can recycled questions like, 'I wonder when Misty will come back,' really be.

Also, my comparisons between Misty and Dawn were done to highlight that what may have been popular then won't be now. Despite what some might think, Dawn is more popular among current fans in Japan than Misty is. Their attitudes are completely different, so if Misty did come back, she would have to be altered to match a personality like Dawn's to be a main character. Otherwise, she will be in today and out tomorrow again. And if after over 270 eps, her character arc is not resolved, it certainly won't be after another 270. Change was needed, and the writers, who made the show popular, chose to axe Misty and kept Brock. I think that says something, especially when Brock was recycling the same jokes over and over.

That's all I was trying to convey, but it seems that this is not wanted in this thread, so I will take my leave until I see something worth discussing again. Later, yo.
    You're a Pearlshipper, so why are you on this thread anyways? You're saying you don't hate Misty when your just heaving malicious comments about her. Her attitude did die out after togepi and especially during Johto. There's nothing wrong with her clothes, and if you're using that as an argument, I'm pretty sure they couldn't have illustrated Dawn's skirt any shorter. She was using the bike excuse because she didn't want to openly admit that she has a crush on Ash. May and Dawn didn't care because they were simply not interested in him, plus May's character isn't set out to be hot headed anyways. You see how Max treats her sometimes and May doesn't care because that isn't her personality.
    We don't know for sure if Dawn is more popular in Japan, even if you do google it. I will ask my friend who is currently in Japan right now if you're sure of it. Okay, so maybe Dawns more popular or heck, maybe Serena is. You don't have legitimate proof. The only distinguishable proof I've seen of that is just people saying it. No one really has had statistics or polls, just western people has told me Dawns popular there. There are many shows that has been going on forever without change and they get very high ratings.
    You're not trying to convey. All you were doing was bashing on Misty and Pokeshipping.

Misty doesn't need to become Dawn in personality to fit today show standards. Classics often never become outdated having their faithful audience and supporters and while Dawn may be more popular in Japan, Misty seem to have biggest following, appreciation and support among western audience out of all female companions(at least i get such kind of impression judging by who is most consistently talked about and holded in big regard over the years amoing America, Europe or Australia fans).

Many peple like how Misty wasn't typical tomboy nor girly girl with there existing happy medium having several sides which clashed with each other, posessing strong willingness to do what she finds right being outspoken , fierce and passionate while also sensitive and receptive bringing personal struggle to character making her realistic.

Along with many agreeing how her appreciation for romance and love, fondness for cute things and shy, insecure approach having trouble in expressing what she feels toward something provided extra flavor to personality being more engaging to follow. Being strong, feisty and resourceful female protagonist which knew how to stand up for herself and take care of things on her own not backing down and feeling helpless brimming with confidence lot of fire, competitive spirit, reasonable dose of romantic and timid side wrapped with tough, hotheaded demanor. But lot of care and kindness toward those she cares about as well".

Which is recipe for independent and successful character.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokeshipper9000 View Post
    Her attitude did die out after togepi and especially during Johto. There's nothing wrong with her clothes, and if you're using that as an argument, I'm pretty sure they couldn't have illustrated Dawn's skirt any shorter. You're not trying to convey. All you were doing was bashing on Misty and Pokeshipping.
    Way i see it Misty becoming less temperament compared to early Kanto days only helped character to grow up and become more mature, grow closer to Ash and Brock and emerge from sisters and other people shadow finding her place under the sun.

She became more open to Ash and Brock sharing with them her history and personal fears growing to value friendship she had with them much more ,learned how to better cope with responsibility and bond with her pokemon eventually becoming more confident and stronger as trainer making steps forward in career of becoming water master which was showed in Whirl Islands. And because of that her relationship with Ash also grow more solid and firm as result of it displaying lot of concern and care toward him as noticed when curing him when he got poisoned by Vileplume, saving his life, comforting him after loses or leaving his pokemon behind like Charizard while deepening on their dynamic.

They didn't fight as much as they used in Kanto,but this only went in their favor allowing that interactions and chemistry between them evolves and go on higher, more profound level becoming closer as result of that. Misty still teased Ash on frequent basis,being cynical and spunky. Still having that fire and competitive rivalry with Ash when battling each other or bickering. Liking to come up with sarcastic inputs and moments of annoyance and anger when he teased her for her attitude to resemble Gyarados one or Houndoom, not wanting to try her soup when Brock got sick, when they got lost in forest or desert etc. While still nurturing that girly aspect of her dreaming about water pokemon, romance trying to get people together, fall for cute pokemon etc. Being in Johto and Hoenn still blunt, hotheaded and sarcastic but also how to say more serene and compassionate appreciating friendship with Ash a lot more and becoming more tolerant to his escapades being already familiar with each other weak and strong sides with spark, arguing and annoyance from, each other being present in more friendly, mature light while still bringing comedy and enjoyable dialogue imo.

Bringing new dimension to their outburts, cynical jabs and care they expressed toward each other with friendship, but romantic feelings Misty seemed to have as well growing clearer and stronger over time.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 8th January 2014 at 11:03 PM.

Seriously dumb. If you're going to complain about Misty's clothing, I bet you were horrified when you saw Pike Queen Lucy or Gym Leader Skyla or all the other instances of 'inappropriate clothing' and fanservice.

Yeah, she's really going to start complaining about a bike that's already been fixed. Smh.

Lol, try all you want to cover it up, but your original post was hardly injecting anything but asinine criticisms.

I get it, you are a Dawn fanboy. There's nothing wrong with that. But nobody would want another Dawn clone. In that case, just bring back Dawn.

If "Misty sucks, Dawn rocks" is your idea of a "discussion," then yes, please leave until you find something worth discussing again. Later, yo.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."

Well it got a bit heated here.

I'd like to talk about what happens if Serena and Ash become canon.

I love all of characters of anime and I can understand that if one ship becomes canon many people that support other ships will feel sad. I like Serena as a character and even find amourshipping cute, but if (which something tells me it will) it becomes or is implied canon I will be quite sad. This is why, (apart from the fact that AshxMisty is my OTP) even though there are many ash pairings, I feel like the writers only directly intended for Ash to be Misty and now Serena;s love interest. The writers are quite vague about ash's feelings, but i think we can all agree that Misty obviously had a crush on Ash back in OS and now Serena obviously has a crush on him in XY. If Ash and Serena become canon, what happens to Misty? I get that the same can be said for Serena if Ash and Misty (99.9% not happening) become canon, but since Serena is a new character the writers can give her another love interest (if this happens I want to see it happen slowly to see the chemistry) but Misty is long gone As a character, Misty should at least deserve one good resolution, even if it isn't ash (maybe her dreams)....but all this i'm saying does'n really matter if wer'e being realistic (sigh) right? I need to get a life lol

Quote Originally Posted by Poke-Girl9 View Post
    Well it got a bit heated here.

I'd like to talk about what happens if Serena and Ash become canon.

I love all of characters of anime and I can understand that if one ship becomes canon many people that support other ships will feel sad. I like Serena as a character and even find amourshipping cute, but if (which something tells me it will) it becomes or is implied canon I will be quite sad. This is why, (apart from the fact that AshxMisty is my OTP) even though there are many ash pairings, I feel like the writers only directly intended for Ash to be Misty and now Serena;s love interest. The writers are quite vague about ash's feelings, but i think we can all agree that Misty obviously had a crush on Ash back in OS and now Serena obviously has a crush on him in XY. If Ash and Serena become canon, what happens to Misty? I get that the same can be said for Serena if Ash and Misty (99.9% not happening) become canon, but since Serena is a new character the writers can give her another love interest (if this happens I want to see it happen slowly to see the chemistry) but Misty is long gone As a character, Misty should at least deserve one good resolution, even if it isn't ash (maybe her dreams)....but all this i'm saying does'n really matter if wer'e being realistic (sigh) right? I need to get a life lol
    First of all, I don't think the writers are so vague about Ash's feelings for Misty. Some moments to back it up:
    - "Beauty And The Beach": Ash stares at Misty's chest when seeing her in a bikini for the first time. He seems to enjoy it, but makes the awkward "it's weird to see you finally look like a girl" comment, causing Misty to hit him in the face with a beach ball.
    - "Navel Maneuevers": Danny flirts with Misty and compliments her, Ash gets mad and jealous every time Danny gives Misty attention.
    - "Misty Meets Her Match": Ash gets mad every time Rudy spends time on Misty and talks to her.
    - "Gotta Catch Ya Later": Not really a hint, but Ash never cried when other PokeGirls left, but he did cry when Misty had to go to the Gym.

Well, I'm also fearing AmourShipping (but unlike you, I don't see it as cute, don't like it at all, don't like Serena as a character, there's indifference from my side), and I'll definitely be pretty depressed when PokeShipping dies. I really hope that if it really has to happen, that Misty does NOT get a canon love interest. After all, that would feel a little out of character after loving Ash all the time. And I think she would rather be single than be with the wrong guy.

Misty getting a step closer to the Water Master dream would be awesome to see, but the writers put her at the Gym, preventing her from working on her dream, and Misty isn't going to appear again. Of course Misty deserves better than the treatment she gets from the writers, but unfortunately, it's not going to happen...

And loving Pokemon is a beautiful part of life, you do have a life.

A new question, also related to this: When AmourShipping (or another rival shipping) becomes canon, will you remain a PokeShipper, move on to the canon shipping, or multiship? Or support none of them?

I'll remain a non-multishipping PokeShipper, definitely. Of course it's never going to be the same again when PokeShipping gets disproved, of course the freedom for off-screen fantasies is gone, but even then, I still have the right to be a PokeShipper and will keep making full use of that right. A shipping becoming canon is not a reason to suddenly start liking/supporting it, and so, a shipping I support getting disproved is not a reason to stop liking and supporting it.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaMilotic View Post
    First of all, I don't think the writers are so vague about Ash's feelings for Misty. Some moments to back it up:
    - "Beauty And The Beach": Ash stares at Misty's chest when seeing her in a bikini for the first time. He seems to enjoy it, but makes the awkward "it's weird to see you finally look like a girl" comment, causing Misty to hit him in the face with a beach ball.
    - "Navel Maneuevers": Danny flirts with Misty and compliments her, Ash gets mad and jealous every time Danny gives Misty attention.
    - "Misty Meets Her Match": Ash gets mad every time Rudy spends time on Misty and talks to her.
    - "Gotta Catch Ya Later": Not really a hint, but Ash never cried when other PokeGirls left, but he did cry when Misty had to go to the Gym.

Well, I'm also fearing AmourShipping (but unlike you, I don't see it as cute, don't like it at all, don't like Serena as a character, there's indifference from my side), and I'll definitely be pretty depressed when PokeShipping dies. I really hope that if it really has to happen, that Misty does NOT get a canon love interest. After all, that would feel a little out of character after loving Ash all the time. And I think she would rather be single than be with the wrong guy.

Misty getting a step closer to the Water Master dream would be awesome to see, but the writers put her at the Gym, preventing her from working on her dream, and Misty isn't going to appear again. Of course Misty deserves better than the treatment she gets from the writers, but unfortunately, it's not going to happen...

And loving Pokemon is a beautiful part of life, you do have a life.

A new question, also related to this: When AmourShipping (or another rival shipping) becomes canon, will you remain a PokeShipper, move on to the canon shipping, or multiship? Or support none of them?

I'll remain a non-multishipping PokeShipper, definitely. Of course it's never going to be the same again when PokeShipping gets disproved, of course the freedom for off-screen fantasies is gone, but even then, I still have the right to be a PokeShipper and will keep making full use of that right. A shipping becoming canon is not a reason to suddenly start liking/supporting it, and so, a shipping I support getting disproved is not a reason to stop liking and supporting it.
    Yeah, those hints from Ash's side backs up the more subtle ones he's given off.
    And Gotta Catch Ya Later!, to me, seems to really show how much Ash cares for Misty (and Brock XD).

If some rival shipping became canon...
    I wouldn't ever multi-ship or jump ship to the canon pairing. I'd still support Pokeshipping, and I won't ever stop . But for now, Misty returning seems kinda bleak, but it's still possible. Soo, I gotta hit the in-character Pokeshipping fanfics :P.
    Gyrados can Mega Evolve, right? I think... if so, Misty might have a chance to meet Ash in Kalos ^.^.

We've supported pokeshipping for about a decade..I'm pretty sure a canon won't change our minds.
    So if armourshipping does happen, I'll die but keep my cool. Probably won't, when I saw the 5th movie I kept raging. I might be like that in x and y.

They should've brought back Misty in Best Wishes with that World Tournament thing with all of the Gym Leaders.

I personally haven't watched all that much, but I heard that the last twenty or so episodes after the Unova League really seemed like a waste of time. They could've had the World Tournament, with Ash using all of his Pokemon against all of the old Gym Leaders. That includes Misty! It would have also been great to see those one-off or two-episode Gym Leaders again, especially from early on, like Lt. Surge or Whitney or Wattson -- basically 90% of them.

It would've been an excellent throwback to a saga that was heading downhill and in much need of an older throwback to counterbalance the overwhelming "newness" and reboot feeling of it all.

Well, if SatoSere become canon, then any 'outcome' of Ash X Misty is just invalidated along with any other Ash pairing, and that's that. That doesn't mean that Ash X Misty didn't exist in the OS, but it just never reached finality.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokeshipper9000 View Post
    We've supported pokeshipping for about a decade..I'm pretty sure a canon won't change our minds.
    So if armourshipping does happen, I'll die but keep my cool. Probably won't, when I saw the 5th movie I kept raging. I might be like that in x and y.
    finally someone besides me realizes that even if another ship did become canon, this ship and all other shippings won't die because they have people who love them and will continue to be fans of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    Well, if SatoSere become canon, then any 'outcome' of Ash X Misty is just invalidated along with any other Ash pairing, and that's that. That doesn't mean that Ash X Misty didn't exist in the OS, but it just never reached finality.
    I really don't see it that way. I don't care if some other Ash related ship became canon before PokeShipping; I would still have hope in Ash and Misty's relationship since things can always change. Not that I expect any other pairing to become canon given the nature of the anime, so I really have nothing to worry about. I'm not being stubborn either; I just really don't care what the writers do because at this point I've supported PokeShipping so far too long to just give up.

Hello. Woah, been out of the thread lately. What did I miss? :3 I really don't know how to start with all the intriguing discussion here. hehe.
    I was on twitter confirming the fact I saw in tumblr lately. Rica Matsumoto posted something number a days ago (last year of December) on Twitter:

Yep indeed.] I'll be having mixed emotions if that happened..hehe. Well it can never be the end of ones shipping if this shipping becomes canon and that shipping does not. The important fact that this shipping exist because they have these memories and episodes that made us think and prove it's shipping existence. Being a shipper fan on that case will end in that way,thus we can still be a pokeshipper even my another fave Amour is canon. It's still an on going process of supporting a ship.

When AmourShipping (or another rival shipping) becomes canon, will you remain a PokeShipper, move on to the canon shipping, or multiship? Or support none of them?

For this long, I'll remain as a pokeshipper and continue multishipping. Either ways,I'll always remember those moments, those hints, little do we know how long they will meet again.

This is all for now
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || Bias:鹿晗 || hwaiting! || Inactive||

[/QUOTE
    When AmourShipping (or another rival shipping) becomes canon, will you remain a PokeShipper, move on to the canon shipping, or multiship? Or support none of them?

For this long, I'll remain as a pokeshipper and continue multishipping. Either ways,I'll always remember those moments, those hints, little do we know how long they will meet again.

This is all for now
    [/QUOTE]
    I will remain a Pokeshipper, there was many ships with Ash. Throughout these ten years since Misty's last main character appearance and all the other pokegirls and possible ships I haven't thought any other Ash ship was cute and still remained a Pokeshipper. Armourshipping won't change a thing

Quote Originally Posted by AquaMilotic View Post
    I'm actually not sure. I will always love the interactions Misty and Ash had in OS and it's kinda hard to deny any chemistry between them But I don't think I'll be as active anymore if another ship becomes canon. I don't think I'll jump ship though, my heart breaks into little pieces every time I see Ash show any interest in another girl so I don't think I'll be able to handle it lol In my head he and Misty will end up together in the end, even if not in the anime. Pokemon is an anime targeted for 10 year olds, and the characters are also around that age so I don't really expect much of romance from the show besides implied canon. But that won't stop me from imagining what kind of relationships will occur when they get older

To be frank, I can't see any pairing that involves Ash becoming canon given the nature of the show like I said before, but I already multi-ship so I would do that if some other ship became canon I suppose. I would still care more about PokeShipping than any other ship though since it was the first real pairing that I supported, but I would still try and have fun with some other ships just like I do at the moment. That's what shipping is to me; a way to have fun by supporting characters that I like.

Hello, everyone! Just saw this discussion thread and decided to hop along. I've been a Pokeshipper for as long as I can remember, so I would like to request to join if possible.

If Amourshipping should become canon... it won't change a thing, and I'll remain a Pokeshipper. There are many people who ship non-canon couples anyway, so why would I jump ship?
    If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

I AM THE #1 PAUL HATER IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD. DEAL WITH IT.

Page 189 of 255 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199239 ... LastLast