Page 192 of 255 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202242 ... LastLast
Results 4,776 to 4,800 of 6353

Thread: PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AquaMilotic View Post
    I meant the rumour about them saying Misty wouldn't return as a main character but that she would return for a cameo later again for a contest or tournament. I don't think that's actually going to happen. Do you see what I mean?
    Oh, that rumor. I thought you were talking about the new one from a week ago. Sorry. But maybe the person who mentioned Misty having a potential cameo and battling at Contests or tournaments was being honest and then things just changed and the writers decided not to show Misty again in those scenarios after all? I still think she'll appear at some point, but I don't think it'll be for a tournament or anything like that. It would be really cool to see her battle again, but mostly I think any cameo that she makes will revolve around her meeting Ash again and that's it. :x

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Oh, that rumor. I thought you were talking about the new one from a week ago. Sorry. But maybe the person who mentioned Misty having a potential cameo and battling at Contests or tournaments was being honest and then things just changed and the writers decided not to show Misty again in those scenarios after all? I still think she'll appear at some point, but I don't think it'll be for a tournament or anything like that. It would be really cool to see her battle again, but mostly I think any cameo that she makes will revolve around her meeting Ash again and that's it. :x
    There was something from a week ago?
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    There was something from a week ago?
    Well Mayumi Iizuka (Misty's Japanese VA) posted some Pokemon-related stuff on her Twitter recently and someone pointed it out in the Anime Spoilers section. The thread was closed though because apparently Mayumi Iizuka has tweeted about Pokemon before and it has never been tied to Misty or even been relevant to the anime itself, but the rumors that Misty might return soon because of her VA's tweets are still spreading.

This could be a new topic, or maybe not but what are some songs that you guys think fit Pokeshipping?

I'm not really one to listen to lyrics carefully, but recently I've been hearing songs and then I think "Awww that's so cute it sounds like Ash x Misty".

Here are some of those songs:

Loud Noises - Yuna
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYZ1Lnbux9g

"I promise you my friend
    We'll grow old together and never look back
    We've traded strengths and weaknesses
    and no one could ever take that
    I promise you my friend
    I see you in my stars
    Promise me my friend
    do what you do and do it great
    and you know we're not that kind
    to sit around and wait"

Realize - Colbie Caillat
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNrWiOFOO28

"No I can't spell it out for you
    If you just realize what I just realized
    Then we'd be perfect for each other
    and we'll never find another
    If you just realize what I just realized
    we'd never have to wonder
    if we've missed out on each other"
    Last edited by Poke-Girl9; 14th January 2014 at 6:21 AM.

I don't think she failed at that though. I mean she's the Gym Leader of the Cerulean City Gym and knows a lot of about Water-type Pokemon. She still has the capacity to become an expert in Water Pokemon just be studying the Water-types at her Gym. Granted, I would prefer to see her out and about with Ash and meeting tons of other Water Pokemon in the wild, but at the moment I think her current position as Gym Leader is a good first step in accomplishing her dream. I'm just sad for her because she hasn't seen Ash in a long time. :x
    In a way gym can serve as "stepping stone" allowing to learn somew things about water pokemon and improve skills, and i imagine Misty took best out of current situation to bond on closer level with her pokemon and develop better techniques.

Only thing is that to reach higher sphere as trainer, make name for yourself on global basis and come closer toward accomplishment of becoming renowned and honored water master and true expert, traveling is needed and entering tournaments though. Being stated many times how Misty goal involves becoming strongest water trainer in world being on pair with E4 members. Who are best mono trainers often being labeled as one type masters, with Misty showing clear fascination over Lorelei being her idol.

Also judging by wording from sea priestess Maya title of water master means becoming water pokemon expert which has power to understand sea creatures and use them to full potential,being recognized and respected among all water trainers worldwide. For same reason Whirl Cup was introduced as one of such competitions where you can gain more experience,make step forward and prove yourself to others being directly linked with water master thing serving as one of benchmarks through which you come closer toward such title.

When taken in account how Misty was already gym leader before meeting Ash leaving it to pursue her dream and become something more, makes very strong evidence of gym simply not providing someone with enough experience and knowledge to accomplish such aim.

So at some point i can definitely see Misty going on journey continuing to pursue her own dreams following Wallace ad other great water trainers path to mupgrade her knowledge and learn more innovative battle techniques. Seeming like type of person which really enjoys traveling, discovering new places and pokemon being very adventurous and spirited.

If i recall right she seemed very enthusiastic when Ash proposed her to travel with them for awhile when meeting at Pallet showing clear frustration and disappointment over Daisy ruishing her to come back home not having no one to rely on. Same applies to Hoenn cameo when releasing Togetic saying something along lines how she had lot of fun, but has to go back because sisters need her.
    When taken in account chronicles and direct confirmation how sisters indifference and lack of substittute are main reason why Misty stayed at gym(referring to Date with Delcatty with dub altering that dialogfue too, along with meeting with Georgio), it becomes clear to me how Misty would rather want to travel and be in Ash company again missing this aspect of life.

Which if it ever happens dramatically increases her chances of meeting Ash and co somewhere on road again.

Im definitely interested in how would encounter with Serena pass. Especially if she notices her affection toward Ash which could not necessarily lead to conflict or anything like that. But i could see Misty being shocked and show signs of jealousy and irkness at first trying to hide it , increasing tension between characters.

Perhaps even lead to small misunderstanding and verbal clash due to big difference between their personalities leading to overcoming their differences and having nice bonding moment to better know each other. Turning at first what seemed like antipathy, suspicion in solid friendship exchanging their experiences over Ash, his flaws and virtues with Misty teaching her to better stand up for herself and be more selfreliant.

But most of all i would like to see rekindle between Misty and Ash friendship, talk what they went through after so much time, have their moments of playful teasing each other or getting irritated by their actions going on each other nerves. While showing appreciation and happiness to see each other after so long.

With their friendsip and bond definitely maturing becoming more strengthened compared to esrly times. Which i noticed when Misty met him in Hoenn still being agitated and irked by his clueless actions, liking to joke and come with snarky remarks but also showing great deal of care worrying for his and Brock safety(like when battling Hanson by themselves)and appreciation enjoying to be in his company again. Bursting with pride, energy and rebellious, strongwilled attitude with both her and Ash showing early signs of teenage like behavior.

I definitely think how maybe, just maybe Kalos might offer long awaited opportunity for Mistyreturn. And there exist quite a few viable plots.

Such as being involved within mega evolution having Gyarados serving as way to improve as trainer and learn to understand strength of her pokemon to fullest thrugh ignition of mega evolution, be involved within water tournament advancing her skills and get way to prove her worth as trainer to other water experts or meet for first time in history pure E4 water member Siebald learning what it takes to become water master extracting pokemon true strength on surface.

In my opinion some of older characters are too popular(demand for some of returns is big)and iconic to be completely phased out and from anime standpoint they have reasons to be seen again as long they have unfinished things from past going for their stories allowing for excuses and material to be brought in i believe doors for their comeback are at least ajar.
    If decade old unimportant charaters like Jessibelle,Jasmine,Gary,etc could be brought back after years of absence there is no reason why more important previous mai ones shouldnt come too.

And Misty definitely has material to be done much more with writers leaving several things unfinished about her story., Such as water master career and desire to live up to idol Lorelei never coming close toward it or showing big steps forward like May or DAwn for example did.
    Motives behind Misty desire to use only one type becoming best with them were left unanswere,We didnt see Misty overcoming her personal issues which stand on her way never coming to significant realization how to achieve her dreams either.We dont know much about her background(like from where fears like bugphobia comes from,what happened with parents, what influenced her in wanting to become master etc).

And their is of course undefined and left hanging in air whole allegation and feelings she harbors for Ash with romance subplot just like rest of her storyline being left at standstill uncleared and unresolved.

I mean even her VA Mayumi Iizuka doesn't pose obstacle in return tweeting alot about pokemon lately, expressing sadness over Misty prospect in future asking fans not to forget this character and being guest at various events concerbning pokemon(recently she and Junichi Masuda talked about pokemon and promoted it). Revealing how she cares about MIsty character and would like to voice her again if given chance.

With only writers lack of motivation and different priorities(imo wrong ones)getting in a way of this happening sadly. But lot of patterns were break in past few years, so who knows maybe they change their policy about return of older characters too, you never know.

p.s. Apologies guys for this wall of text but i just wanted to join talk you had here about prospect pof Misty's return and long awaited reunion with Ash.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 14th January 2014 at 9:22 AM.

Do any of you think the writers know how much the fans miss Misty? Do you think they go online and read about how much everyone misses her?.
    I feel like they have to know almost...I mean there are a lot of petitions to bring Misty back...there are a TON of forums like this believing that Mistys story was unfinished, and that they wanna see where Ash and Mistys relationship goes...
    But then another part of me thinks there is no way they could possibly know that thousands of pokemon fans would be ecstatic if they brought Misty back..i feel like if they knew, they would do something about it. And I feel like they would say something about the Misty situation if they knew...like why they won't bring her back, or why they left her story line unfinished with her being a water master , and with Ash. Idk i feel like the writers make Ash clueless because the are clueless themselves!!. Lol
    When it rains, look for RAINBOWS. When it's dark, look for STARS. <3
    Lots of love, Katiee <33

I don't know if the writers know how much we want misty to make an appearance but i think they know we want misty to make a appearance

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon fan 132 View Post
    In a way gym can serve as "stepping stone" allowing to learn somew things about water pokemon and improve skills, and i imagine Misty took best out of current situation to bond on closer level with her pokemon and develop better techniques.
    I think the Gym is a horrible "stepping stone". She can't learn many new techniques, those are things she can learn when travelling as well. And she also won't get much stronger from beating really weak rookies... It's a step backwards from travelling like she used to, not a step in the right direction...

When taken in account how Misty was already gym leader before meeting Ash leaving it to pursue her dream and become something more, makes very strong evidence of gym simply not providing someone with enough experience and knowledge to accomplish such aim.
    This shows that the Gym is not a step in the right direction: it's a step backwards for Misty's dream, not an improvement.

If i recall right she seemed very enthusiastic when Ash proposed her to travel with them for awhile when meeting at Pallet showing clear frustration and disappointment over Daisy ruishing her to come back home not having no one to rely on. Same applies to Hoenn cameo when releasing Togetic saying something along lines how she had lot of fun, but has to go back because sisters need her.
    Her sisters didn't need her during Misty's travels in OS... I think they're just too lazy to take their position back and think "oh, we just make Misty do it so we can be lazy."

Im definitely interested in how would encounter with Serena pass. Especially if she notices her affection toward Ash which could not necessarily lead to conflict or anything like that. But i could see Misty being shocked and show signs of jealousy and irkness at first trying to hide it , increasing tension between characters.

Perhaps even lead to small misunderstanding and verbal clash due to big difference between their personalities leading to overcoming their differences and having nice bonding moment to better know each other. Turning at first what seemed like antipathy, suspicion in solid friendship exchanging their experiences over Ash, his flaws and virtues with Misty teaching her to better stand up for herself and be more selfreliant.
    Serena's feelings for Ash are so obvious, Misty would definitely notice that very quickly. And I think Misty would start fighting with Serena, and only become friends afterwards. I'd love to see Ash's face if that would happen.

I mean even her VA Mayumi Iizuka doesn't pose obstacle in return tweeting alot about pokemon lately, expressing sadness over Misty prospect in future asking fans not to forget this character and being guest at various events concerbning pokemon(recently she and Junichi Masuda talked about pokemon and promoted it). Revealing how she cares about MIsty character and would like to voice her again if given chance.
    I think that only gives us more reasons to be sad: if the writers would be planning a return, the VA wouldn't be expressing sadness and asking fans to remember her. If Misty would actually return, she wouldn't be asking that, sadly...

p.s. Apologies guys for this wall of text but i just wanted to join talk you had here about prospect pof Misty's return and long awaited reunion with Ash.
    There's nothing wrong with long walls of text, it's interesting to read.

Quote Originally Posted by vivalakatie713 View Post
    Do any of you think the writers know how much the fans miss Misty? Do you think they go online and read about how much everyone misses her?.
    I feel like they have to know almost...I mean there are a lot of petitions to bring Misty back...there are a TON of forums like this believing that Mistys story was unfinished, and that they wanna see where Ash and Mistys relationship goes...
    But then another part of me thinks there is no way they could possibly know that thousands of pokemon fans would be ecstatic if they brought Misty back..i feel like if they knew, they would do something about it. And I feel like they would say something about the Misty situation if they knew...like why they won't bring her back, or why they left her story line unfinished with her being a water master , and with Ash. Idk i feel like the writers make Ash clueless because the are clueless themselves!!. Lol
    I don't think the writers care. Of course they must've noticed Misty fans wanting to see her favourite character back, but the writers don't care and just stick to the girl replacing pattern. This is what they must be thinking: "Why please older fans who already have the games if we can sell the games to little kids with game-like episodes?"

A new question: What is the best PokeShipping fan artist, in your opinion?

I have four mentions:
    - MiyaToriaka
    - Melody1989
    - Simply-Nicole
    - Ashist-Wilketch / Uta-Makoto-Chan

My girlfriend isn't really a PokeShipping fan artist, but she does somewhat like PokeShipping and once made a really cute drawing of Ash and Misty for me, even before she and I actually became a couple, back when we were just friends. Anyways, she already deleted it from DeviantArt when cleaning up her gallery, but maybe I can find it on her photobucket, I'll look for it later. She's not really a PokeShipping fan artist, but she could be one of the cutest ones if she would do more PokeShipping art. That's why I think Tahlia deserves a mention too.
    Last edited by AquaMilotic; 14th January 2014 at 2:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaMilotic View Post
    I

A new question: What is the best PokeShipping fan artist, in your opinion?

I have four mentions:
    - MiyaToriaka
    - Melody1989
    - Simply-Nicole
    - Ashist-Wilketch / Uta-Makoto-Chan

My girlfriend isn't really a PokeShipping fan artist, but she does somewhat like PokeShipping and once made a really cute drawing of Ash and Misty for me, even before she and I actually became a couple, back when we were just friends. Anyways, she already deleted it from DeviantArt when cleaning up her gallery, but maybe I can find it on her photobucket, I'll look for it later. She's not really a PokeShipping fan artist, but she could be one of the cutest ones if she would do more PokeShipping art. That's why I think Tahlia deserves a mention too.
    I will pick MiyaToriaka. Her Pokeshipping art is just gorgeous!
    If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

I AM THE #1 PAUL HATER IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD. DEAL WITH IT.

Don't forget a classic, specially for long time fans , Teppo! Sorry for the praising I'm going to make, but really, everytime I hear *Pokeshipping fanart*, she always comes up to my mind first.

Her style is so good and refined, one of my true fav pokemon fan artist from years ago, (along with Rai and Suzu...) . I used to visit her site almost everyday lol, mostly looking for Pokeshipping and overall-pokemon related pics , and even though I must admit I never liked Contestshipping, her drawings and comics made me, if not like it, understand it's charm for other people. Teppo was one of the artist that inspired me to start to draw fanart. Sadly, I think she doesn't draw as much as she used to. But still, her old SatoKasu look as good as ever and they always put a smile on my face.

So.. yeah, : P
    -Pokemon logic? How about we talk about the fact that there is a lone ten year old wandering about the country on foot, going head-to-head with a terrorist group, and enslaving extremely powerful animals to fight for him. Worst. Parents. EVER.-

Quote Originally Posted by vivalakatie713 View Post
    I think they have an idea of how big Misty's fanbase still is, but I don't think they really care to be honest. I mean if they did Misty would be back more frequently for cameo appearances and stuff and yet she hasn't had a major appearance since AG, almost a decade ago. I really think that they should pay more attention to the fans though. I bet that if Misty came back, tons of Misty fans and PokeShippers alike would watch the anime some more.

I think they have an idea of how big Misty's fanbase still is, but I don't think they really care to be honest. I mean if they did Misty would be back more frequently for cameo appearances and stuff and yet she hasn't had a major appearance since AG, almost a decade ago. I really think that they should pay more attention to the fans though. I bet that if Misty came back, tons of Misty fans and PokeShippers alike would watch the anime some more.
    If Misty made regular appearances the last ten years, you would have a point, but the fact is, while Nintendo appreciates the money being made by older fans, they are not the target demographic. It's the kids that they really care about, the ones who will beg their parents to buy their merchandise. Most of those people grew up watching May, Dawn and Iris, putting Misty in now would be catering to people way outside of who the anime was made for, yo. It's not impossible that she will return, but unlikely, more so as the years role on. I think there is a better chance of May coming back than Misty at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkus View Post
    If Misty made regular appearances the last ten years, you would have a point, but the fact is, while Nintendo appreciates the money being made by older fans, they are not the target demographic. It's the kids that they really care about, the ones who will beg their parents to buy their merchandise. Most of those people grew up watching May, Dawn and Iris, putting Misty in now would be catering to people way outside of who the anime was made for, yo. It's not impossible that she will return, but unlikely, more so as the years role on. I think there is a better chance of May coming back than Misty at this point.
    I hope at least May comes back she was one of my favorites too. Or at least have her comeback with Misty. Both of them can at least be mad at Ash for the overdue visit.
    Crazy Shipper|Misty, May, and Drew|Anime Fangirl

I agree. Pokemon is aimed towards the kids, which is also the reason why Ash doesn't age. But Pokemon could easily bring back Misty so that the younger fans will know her, and the older fans will be able to see her appear in a recent episode. (And the Pokeshippers will be estatic.)
    As for May, she's off pursuing her dream as a Pokemon coordinator, competing with Drew and Harley... if Kalos does have contests, she might be able to appear in Kalos, but otherwise it won't be Kalos she'll be making an appearance at.

Nintendo doesn't produce the anime so what do they have to do with whether or not Misty appears? I know that the actual writers and producers of the show have a different audience to cater to, but they could easily bring Misty back for a few episodes to make the younger demographic familiar with her. I mean it's really the writers' faults if little kids don't know about Misty in the anime, yet they could try to fix that but they decide not to. It just seems to me that the issue here is laziness and/or lack of motivation that has kept Misty out of the show for almost a decade. It's just one of my many issues with the writers, and it makes me even more depressed when it comes to PokeShipping because it could easily be revitalized by another Misty appearance in the anime.

^ I agree completely.
    If Misty was in the main cast, she should return instead of being cast aside. Misty left because her sisters won tickets to go travel the world. In the Pokemon Chronicles, Daisy is becoming more responsible and more of a battler- Misty could easily be able to travel now. And I imagine Lily and Violet becoming responsible, too. Plus Misty would rather be travelling, with Ash or not.
    The writers really are lazy not to bring her back for some time, honestly. Lorde, it makes me depressed as well.

Ash's Charizard didn't appear for like 6.5 years between Battle Frontier and Unova. One episode with a flashback and he was easily back into the show. Same can happen with May or Misty.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."

Plus, I'm pretty sure kids do know about misty. Cartoon Network in the states shows reruns in the mornings so my little siblings know who she is. I'm not sure we can say the COMPLETELY don't know who she is. If people grew up watching AG, they'd defiantly know her. ash has talked about her, and she made cameos. she was mentioned in DP about the lure and on Brock's memory wall. She was mentioned in best wishes by professor oak and ash had a whole flashback dedicated to his charizard with Misty and Brock. Ash has a memory of all his pas traveling friends, and in the lets join hands montage.
    Crazy Shipper|Misty, May, and Drew|Anime Fangirl

Quote Originally Posted by Pokeshipper9000 View Post
    Plus, I'm pretty sure kids do know about misty. Cartoon Network in the states shows reruns in the mornings so my little siblings know who she is. I'm not sure we can say the COMPLETELY don't know who she is. If people grew up watching AG, they'd defiantly know her. ash has talked about her, and she made cameos. she was mentioned in DP about the lure and on Brock's memory wall. She was mentioned in best wishes by professor oak and ash had a whole flashback dedicated to his charizard with Misty and Brock. Ash has a memory of all his pas traveling friends, and in the lets join hands montage.
    It's good that Cartoon Network is rerunning the series- but what about in Japan? I don't think they'd be rerunning the Pokemon series since there are so many new shows... *sigh*
    Although she was mentioned in DP, and there was a flashback of her in BW, they'd only know her appearance and not her personality and how she was like. One of the BW eds with the Let's Join Hands montage was nice, but its not really an actual cameo for Misty...
    As for Brock's memory wall, that seemed to capture how the travelling groups were. Misty was in front of the first pic (while Ash and Brock are smiling), while everyone seemed to be having fun in the second, and the third... lol Piplup XD. For some reason, the fact that the first pic seems normal with nothing going on makes it special ^.^.

Let's just hope more younger viewers find out about Misty! And in Japan, too. Maybe she'll return once kids in Japan who are currently watching the series know her.

Quote Originally Posted by LilyTwo View Post
    I will pick MiyaToriaka. Her Pokeshipping art is just gorgeous!
    I agree! I can't really pick one, I like too many artists. As I said, I'd pick between MiyaToriaka, Melody1989, Simply-Nicole and Uta-Makoto-Chan/Ashist-Wilketch.

I think they have an idea of how big Misty's fanbase still is, but I don't think they really care to be honest.
    This indeed describes the mindset of the writers: they want to market the games and don't care about fans like us.

I really think that they should pay more attention to the fans though.
    Me too, but they don't care. As long as little kids buy the games, they'll be fine and get their way too high wage...

Quote Originally Posted by IcyWish View Post
    ^ I agree completely.
    If Misty was in the main cast, she should return instead of being cast aside. Misty left because her sisters won tickets to go travel the world. In the Pokemon Chronicles, Daisy is becoming more responsible and more of a battler- Misty could easily be able to travel now. And I imagine Lily and Violet becoming responsible, too. Plus Misty would rather be travelling, with Ash or not.
    The writers really are lazy not to bring her back for some time, honestly. Lorde, it makes me depressed as well.
    Well, Misty is not able to travel, because she's not allowed to, sadly. Daisy is still not a good battler, and even if she would, she'd refuse to take the Gym Leader position. And Lily and Violet will never be responsible. Those three are lazy and selfish. While they can be lazy and do what they want, they don't seem to care about Misty's unhappiness. And I'm not trying to demonize them, I don't think they even realize what they're doing to Misty, they just seem to lack empathy, and don't seem to understand Misty's dream of becoming a Water Pokemon Master. Of course Misty despises her current life of being unhappy and not being able to work on her dream, but I don't think the Sensational Sisters are going to give up their lazy lifes to make Misty happy... Some people just say that I want Misty to travel to meet Ash again and get PokeShipping hints, but that has nothing to do with it. If Misty would've been allowed to travel on her own when her sisters came back from their holiday, I wouldn't be so bitter about Misty's ending and sendoff. I care about Misty as a character and her happiness, and I realize that she's unhappy right now.

Anyways, I like how active this thread suddenly became! This thread has been too inactive for a long time, so it's nice to see some more PokeShippers again! After the start of AmourShipping, this thread was pretty dead, but now, there are actually multiple people posting! I want to thank all of you for this!

If Misty would be able to escape the Gym (for example, secretly leave at night when her sisters are asleep) and meet up with Ash again after his journey through Kalos, what region would you like to see Ash and Misty visit?

I'd love to see them in Hoenn, I think Misty would like quite some of the Water Pokemon in the 3rd generation, and the east of Hoenn fully consists of water. And yes, Misty has been there during the Mirage Kindgom arc, but never got to travel there, and I just think Misty would really enjoy going to Hoenn someday, with or without Ash (preferably with).

It's good that Cartoon Network is rerunning the series- but what about in Japan? I don't think they'd be rerunning the Pokemon series since there are so many new shows... *sigh*
    Although she was mentioned in DP, and there was a flashback of her in BW, they'd only know her appearance and not her personality and how she was like. One of the BW eds with the Let's Join Hands montage was nice, but its not really an actual cameo for Misty...
    As for Brock's memory wall, that seemed to capture how the travelling groups were. Misty was in front of the first pic (while Ash and Brock are smiling), while everyone seemed to be having fun in the second, and the third... lol Piplup XD. For some reason, the fact that the first pic seems normal with nothing going on makes it special ^.^.

Let's just hope more younger viewers find out about Misty! And in Japan, too. Maybe she'll return once kids in Japan who are currently watching the series know her.
    You hit the nail on the head. What matters most is not what westerners think, but what the Japanese market wants. It does not matter how many people here want to see Misty return, if the kids in Japan are not interested, it won't happen. It's like the situation Western Gundam fans have with Sunrise. There are things that Gundam fans have wanted for years, which seemingly were addressed in the first season of Gundam 00. Westerners loved it but the Japanese fans did not. When the second season was made, the show made a complete turnaround, with conventional villains taking over the gray areas and things based on science being near fantastical. Westerners did not care for it as much, but the Japanese loved it, and ratings and sales went up. So while people in the west would want to see Misty return, unless the kids in Japan agree, it won't happen. May or Dawn are more likely to make a comeback, and if what I have heard about character popularity is true, if anyone had to return, it would be Dawn. However, the way the show is going now, I doubt anyone is going to make a permanent return anytime soon.

And while Nintendo does not produce the anime, they still have a lot of say in what happens. If Misty was made the protagonist of the next video game, she will definitely be in the next anime series, no doubt.

You hit the nail on the head. What matters most is not what westerners think, but what the Japanese market wants. It does not matter how many people here want to see Misty return, if the kids in Japan are not interested, it won't happen.
    Are you really suggesting that 10 year old kids who weren't even alive or were infants when Misty was around are metaphorically raising pitchforks at any suggestion of the writers wanting to bring her back? They would not give a flying f.

The last time anyone saw Charizard before BW was 6.5-7 years ago. Unless these same "kids" were also watching Pokemon during BF till now, they wouldn't know why Ash's Charizard is that popular and beloved in the first place.

So while people in the west would want to see Misty return, unless the kids in Japan agree, it won't happen. May or Dawn are more likely to make a comeback, and if what I have heard about character popularity is true, if anyone had to return, it would be Dawn.
    Pray tell me why 7-12 years would not agree with Misty coming back? If they don't know her, why would they automatically not be interested? Quite frankly, these are children, and they would not give much of an uproar if any whether she comes back or not.

And who exactly told you that Dawn is the most popular in Japan? I hear this being thrown around like fact yet can't seem to find any source behind it.

And while Nintendo does not produce the anime, they still have a lot of say in what happens. If Misty was made the protagonist of the next video game, she will definitely be in the next anime series, no doubt.
    A huge portion of X and Y sales came from college students who were alive during the Pokemon craze in the late 90s and early 2000s. The character protagonists have also become older over the years. If anything, if Nintendo does say anything, it would be telling the show writers that older fans play a key role in fandom and shouldn't be neglected.

I don't know if it's still happening, but Pokemon Get☆TV, which airs on Sundays in Japan, was airing re-runs of the Kanto episodes a few weeks ago in chronological order. So kids did have a chance to watch the old episodes and see Misty again, as well as her interactions with Ash which were the best part of the Kanto episodes for me personally. I don't think the re-runs were being shown to get kids used to Misty, but they could definitely have that side effect.

I don't know if it's still happening, but Pokemon Get☆TV, which airs on Sundays in Japan, was airing re-runs of the Kanto episodes a few weeks ago in chronological order. So kids did have a chance to watch the old episodes and see Misty again, as well as her interactions with Ash which were the best part of the Kanto episodes for me personally. I don't think the re-runs were being shown to get kids used to Misty, but they could definitely have that side effect.
    In this Internet Age, and with the rise of video sharing sites like Youtube and others, it's awfully easy for kids to watch clips or entire episodes of the OS anyway. Heck, a quick Bulbapedia read can bring anyone up to speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    Are you really suggesting that 10 year old kids who weren't even alive or were infants when Misty was around are metaphorically raising pitchforks at any suggestion of the writers wanting to bring her back? They would not give a flying f.

The last time anyone saw Charizard before BW was 6.5-7 years ago. Unless these same "kids" were also watching Pokemon during BF till now, they wouldn't know why Ash's Charizard is that popular and beloved in the first place.

Pray tell me why 7-12 years would not agree with Misty coming back? If they don't know her, why would they automatically not be interested? Quite frankly, these are children, and they would not give much of an uproar if any whether she comes back or not.

And who exactly told you that Dawn is the most popular in Japan? I hear this being thrown around like fact yet can't seem to find any source behind it.

A huge portion of X and Y sales came from college students who were alive during the Pokemon craze in the late 90s and early 2000s. The character protagonists have also become older over the years. If anything, if Nintendo does say anything, it would be telling the show writers that older fans play a key role in fandom and shouldn't be neglected.
    I'm not sure on how true this is, but I'm thinking that if Dawn is indeed the most popular female companion it would probably be because of her co star role in DP. Also Piplup is apparently a 2nd mascot so it gets alot of screen time and it is Dawn's Pokemon so she gets shown with it. It's also why Dawn got 9 guest appearance episodes instead of the usual 4-5 episodes.
    As for newer fans knowing about Misty, I'm sure alot of fans know about her and alot still don't. I really don't think the writers care about bringing her back though, it probably would have happened a long time ago if they did. Anyways if she ever did come back,even during xy, I really want to see Misty and Serena meeting. I would love to see them compete against each other to see who will be Ash's girlfriend lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Page 192 of 255 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202242 ... LastLast