Page 196 of 248 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206246 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,900 of 6180

Thread: PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) Discussion Thread

If Pokemon ever were to come to an end (I really hope NOT) would Misty and Ash's story be wrapped up or left forgotten?
    It'd probably be forgotten. I really don't think the writers will bother to wrap it up, and they've abandoned some plots in the past. Misty could make an appearance though, probably with everyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn+Serena Fan View Post
    If Pokemon ever were to come to an end (I really hope NOT) would Misty and Ash's story be wrapped up or left forgotten?
    It'd probably be forgotten. I really don't think the writers will bother to wrap it up, and they've abandoned some plots in the past. Misty could make an appearance though, probably with everyone else.
    Sadly this is true. I'm afraid by the time it ends there will be around more than 9 companions that Misty, May, Dawn, and Serena won't even be there :/
    "Hey Soul! Let's go on a Pokemon Journey!"
    ✿MultiShipper✿Misty,May,&Drew Fan✿Corsola✿Red x Hilda✿
    Supported Ships:
    Ash ♡ Misty, Ash ♡ May, May ♡ Drew, May ♡ Misty, Ash ♡ Gary, Red ♡ Hilda, Conway ♡ Dawn, Dawn ♡ Paul, White ♡ Black (Agencyshipping) Serena ♡ Clemont, Serena ♡ Ash 1 sided
    Quote Originally Posted by zhixun View Post
    Actually I think the term chemistry is quite weird as well. Since chemistry is supposed to be a science subject and should not be used between people.

Credit for Profile Pic: Ayrafeneres--Check out her shop!

If Ash's story is ever wrapped up, I'd like to think that Ash and Misty would get some closure. I mean I won't lie, I think there's a pretty big chance that PokeShipping won't ever develop into a real, canon romantic relationship at this point, but I'd like for Ash and Misty to share one last encounter together and for the writers to make it clear whether or not Ash and Misty would end up together. I would just want all the loose ends tied up if Ash's story ever ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    If Ash's story is ever wrapped up, I'd like to think that Ash and Misty would get some closure. I mean I won't lie, I think there's a pretty big chance that PokeShipping won't ever develop into a real, canon romantic relationship at this point, but I'd like for Ash and Misty to share one last encounter together and for the writers to make it clear whether or not Ash and Misty would end up together. I would just want all the loose ends tied up if Ash's story ever ended.
    I mean, their story never had an ending. I felt like they both had more to say to each other in Gotta Catch You Later (which was pretty obvious) but they either didn't know how to or always got interrupted. That was the big question. Misty's last appearance was also uncertain, like she just disappeared and left unanswered. That's why unrest about this idea. They had no closure. In the chronicles she mentions Ash in every one of them and she obviously is shown to be frequently thinking about him, it's pretty candid. She also seems in struggle being the gym leader. It shows she had a terrible ending. I feel like after she came back, her sisters took advantage when they came back and wouldn't let her leave. I don't get why their sisters need Misty's help. The three were always offering to give up badges (since episode 7 to Ash) the writers poorly ended Misty's story.
    Supported Ships:
    Ash ♡ Misty, Ash ♡ May, May ♡ Drew, May ♡ Misty, Ash ♡ Gary, Red ♡ Hilda, Conway ♡ Dawn, Dawn ♡ Paul, White ♡ Black (Agencyshipping) Serena ♡ Clemont, Serena ♡ Ash 1 sided
    Actually I think the term chemistry is quite weird as well. Since chemistry is supposed to be a science subject and should not be used between people.

It might not be wrapped up, but I don't think it'd be forgotten, either. If Pokemon were to end, they'd probably hint towards AshxMisty, but not actually wrap it up, if you know what I mean.

@Pokeshipper9000- I thought that to. Ash and Misty did appear like they wanted to say more, but at that moment, Brock just HAD to freak out and remember that he has to go home to Pewter City as well.
    "What, are you saying you ran out of chicken?! This is an outrage!" ~ Me, then, right now and forever

- Anime lover - Chicken addict - Puella Magi - Kyubey - That girl spazzing over there-

Quote Originally Posted by IcyWish View Post
    It might not be wrapped up, but I don't think it'd be forgotten, either. If Pokemon were to end, they'd probably hint towards AshxMisty, but not actually wrap it up, if you know what I mean.

@Pokeshipper9000- I thought that to. Ash and Misty did appear like they wanted to say more, but at that moment, Brock just HAD to freak out and remember that he has to go home to Pewter City as well.
    As much as I love Brock, I wanted to kill him in that scene. But there was another scene before the flashback memory, misty seemed like she had something to say but she didn't know how. And Ash obviously had something to say, but we couldn't find out
    Supported Ships:

Quote Originally Posted by Pokeshipper9000 View Post
    I mean, their story never had an ending. I felt like they both had more to say to each other in Gotta Catch You Later (which was pretty obvious) but they either didn't know how to or always got interrupted. That was the big question. Misty's last appearance was also uncertain, like she just disappeared and left unanswered. That's why unrest about this idea. They had no closure. In the chronicles she mentions Ash in every one of them and she obviously is shown to be frequently thinking about him, it's pretty candid. She also seems in struggle being the gym leader. It shows she had a terrible ending. I feel like after she came back, her sisters took advantage when they came back and wouldn't let her leave. I don't get why their sisters need Misty's help. The three were always offering to give up badges (since episode 7 to Ash) the writers poorly ended Misty's story.
    I didn't like how Misty's role on the show ended either. It was very sudden in my opinion and things never really got resolved between her and Ash, at least not as much as I woud've liked. She got a bike to replace her old one, but material possessions like that aren't important. She obviously didn't want to stop traveling with Ash, but she was forced to. That's why I would want some closure for PokeShipping one day. I want Ash and Misty's relationship to be fleshed out completely before the anime ends.

I didn't like how Misty's role on the show ended either. It was very sudden in my opinion and things never really got resolved between her and Ash, at least not as much as I woud've liked. She got a bike to replace her old one, but material possessions like that aren't important. She obviously didn't want to stop traveling with Ash, but she was forced to. That's why I would want some closure for PokeShipping one day. I want Ash and Misty's relationship to be fleshed out completely before the anime ends.
    For the non shippers who calls us nostalgic for just "moping" around it's not because we ONLY miss the old times. We're "moping" around because they never had an ending. It was just too unexpected, and I would really wish to see Misty return again. I hate how they completely stopped giving her cameos.
    Supported Ships:

For the non shippers who calls us nostalgic for just "moping" around it's not because we ONLY miss the old times. We're "moping" around because they never had an ending. It was just too unexpected, and I would really wish to see Misty return again. I hate how they completely stopped giving her cameos.
    I agree, especially about the unexpected part. I mean had it not been for the Pokemon Advance sneak peek that was shown in early 2003 before the Johto saga ended, I wouldn't have even imagined Misty leaving. I remember wondering why she wasn't in Hoenn with Ash and I remember being really depressed when I realized that she had been replaced. It was just awful and I wanted to watch the last Johto episodes to see if Misty got a good farewell, but I was still disappointed by how sudden it seemed. At least she got a flashback montage and stuff, but I still believe that the episode could've been better.

It seems I only pop in here when I find relevant magazine scans to post. Ah well.

Anyways, the following images are all from a July 2004 issue of Beckett Anime Collector, when AG was first airing in the US: this article compares Misty & May, while this one details Ash along with some other anime heroes.

See if you can find anything the two articles have in common: it's rather obvious, given that I'm posting it here, but it's something neat regardless.

Paradise is Calling... Are You Ready to Answer?

In the wake of the now famous XY relationship chart, I thought I'd repost the old Kanto relationship chart:

Lg1n90i.jpg
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Quote Originally Posted by select1122 View Post
    I highly doubt that amourshipping will become cannon because in the official relation ship chart for x and y it says that serena might like ashe but she considers her a good friend so i'm guessing it will be like with Dawn .she will like him but he will show no feelings for her....

I would allso like to point out that in the OS relation ship chart the Ashe-Misty arrow says ? both ways meaning that the romantic feelings between them (whitc i like to belive exist) are mutural so if there is going to be a cannon shipp it should be pokeshipping (but i highly thought it will become canon becous the japanese produceres are morons)
    Did Dawn even have Canon feelings for Ash? We all know Misty and Serena does but I'm not sure about Dawn. Yeah, I like how that chart has a question mark on it. We were speculating over it a while back on tumblr. It's a big mutual fat question mark.
    Supported Ships:

Did Dawn even have Canon feelings for Ash? We all know Misty and Serena does but I'm not sure about Dawn. Yeah, I like how that chart has a question mark on it. We were speculating over it a while back on tumblr. It's a big mutual fat question mark.
    I don't think she ever did tbh. I mean Dawn didn't really have a clue about romance and relationships iirc lol. The chart is interesting. I dunno if the writers will make pokeshipping canon now, but I do think they might have been planning on it back in the 1st Kanto series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Quote Originally Posted by XxSymbolxX View Post
    The OS relationship chart was fanmade but yes, I do agree that Poke has a much better chance of actually happening since Ash at least showed that he cares a lot for Misty which can't be said yet for the other ship.
    Really, It was fan made? I thought it wasn't.
    Anyways, I'm pretty sure pokeshipping has a better chance. After all, Ash has shown feelings for Misty unlike the other companions. Even at such early episodes, like early season 1 episodes he did. It's getting into season 1 of XY and he still hasn't shown any feelings for Serena. But, who knows.
    I don't think she ever did tbh. I mean Dawn didn't really have a clue about romance and relationships iirc lol. The chart is interesting. I dunno if the writers will make pokeshipping canon now, but I do think they might have been planning on it back in the 1st Kanto series.
    Yeah, I felt Dawn was like that too. She doesn't seem like she even put any thought about romance, which is really cute haha. About pokeshipping, I'm pretty sure the writers intended to have Misty and Ash together (especially by the early indigo episodes) (orange islands) but changed their minds in Johto :/
    Last edited by OfCorsola; 26th January 2014 at 10:06 PM.
    Supported Ships:

Guys, let's not get too sidetracked talking about other shippings. I'm sure you all can talk about how great a pair PokeShipping is without critiquing other pairs. I don't want this thread to get off-topic or get into territory where it's alienating multishippers or bothering other shippers who might be reading this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    In the wake of the now famous XY relationship chart, I thought I'd repost the old Kanto relationship chart:

Lg1n90i.jpg
    Someone posted this before. I found it to be really interesting; I love retro stuff like this from Pokemon's early days. I especially like the question mark between Ash and Misty. It's like the writers were implying that there was going to be more to their relationship than just a simple friendship. I remember reading something about the anime originally being planned to last for about a year, and I wonder if PokeShipping would've become completely canon by the end of the Kanto saga if it had had a proper conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by XxSymbolxX View Post
    I thought so too, but it was debunked by 2chan a while back unfortunately. Anyway, I still have a feeling the writers will put Ash together with Misty in the end once he finishes his journey. Not only was she the first/original, and the fact that IMO they've showed the most hints towards each other, but also because it can be the writer's way to please the original fans of the series who have stuck around this whole time.
    That's a shame that it was debunked. I'm pretty sure they were going for it at first. Oh well. Do you think Ash contacts her over at the gym. There's a big speculation on that.
    Supported Ships:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b70GRNYnacI

This trailer (we can pretend the 1 Movie Character Lady isn't there) will remain my headcanon for Ash and Misty's future unless the anime decides to rule otherwise.
    Signature Credit: The Under
    My Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Dark/Legendary Master View Post

This trailer (we can pretend the 1 Movie Character Lady isn't there) will remain my headcanon for Ash and Misty's future unless the anime decides to rule otherwise.
    That was a really interesting video. What was the point of it, like what was it about? Is it really Misty from the future?
    I heard that the movie originally was supposed to be an end of the anime.
    Supported Ships:

Quote Originally Posted by Dark/Legendary Master View Post

I've always liked that trailer. It seemed like the original concept for the movie and I really believe that the orange-haired woman was supposed to be Misty as an adult and that it was some kind of flash-forward to Ash and Misty's future. Of course Ash doesn't appear during the scene where the adult Misty was shown, but I just assumed that the little girl was their daughter or something. Anyway, I almost wish the real first movie had been like that. The trailer just seemed really interesting to me.

I've always liked that trailer. It seemed like the original concept for the movie and I really believe that the orange-haired woman was supposed to be Misty as an adult and that it was some kind of flash-forward to Ash and Misty's future. Of course Ash doesn't appear during the scene where the adult Misty was shown, but I just assumed that the little girl was their daughter or something. Anyway, I almost wish the real first movie had been like that. The trailer just seemed really interesting to me.
    Maybe the writers intended it to be about Misty telling the story of her and her friends to her daughter or friend, or who ever that is about Mewtwo. It probably was something about their future, because Pikachu was in it. I really liked this trailer
    Supported Ships:

Dear Pokeshippers

I'll have to begin with the admission that I'm not a shipper of any kind. Of course, I'm mindful of the standings, opinions, etc. of others. I try to treat others the same way regardless of their beliefs (with respect and kindness). I also attempt to be objective and willing to research and come to my own conclusions from there. Still, I just am not into that kind of subject.

With that down, I do have at least an idea of where those like yourselves are coming from. I've been watching the episodes and movies for the past several months and looking for and at the asserted hints throughout for myself (too many examples for me to list here) after, in looking over the history of the site (from the beginning to mid-2013), reading up on the textbooks of your get-togethers. I did the same with the debates and points, especially those recorded years ago, from original maintainer of this current multi-year-long get-together Swifty (as well as others). I am convinced enough that Pokeshipping at least was written on the show and, a few moments notwithstanding, actually enjoyed the communication and hope that they'd reunite someday. Frankly, despite the many apparent differences, I have one thing in common with Swifty (whose debates and fics I like and learned from a bit): if I had to support a shipping and only one, I, like him long before myself, would vote for Pokeshipping. (Sorry if this comes across as creepy or weird, as it's not my intention.)

Speaking of reuniting, I'm guessing that coming up will be the marking of five years of your latest interaction. This may mean old members who were long gone returning at least for a little bit (including a certain someone who might end up reading this to return the favor; as of the last time I checked, he hasn't posted in over three years). Meanwhile, how, if at all, do you plan on celebrating this milestone? Are there going to be fan fics or scenarios? Will you bring up a special topic of sorts? Is a party, cheering, or something going to ensure? As an outsider asking such questions, to quote a song title, I Can Only Imagine. I am and will be looking forwards to where the shipping, show, and more will go. That is all I have here; if you have something to bring up to me and/or have a complaint and/or concern, you know how to reach me.

Sincerely,

Slowy

P.S. If this is off-topic and/or otherwise inappropriate, please feel free to get rid of it in any way you feel like doing (throwing it in a trash can or leaving it out in the wind for example), and I apologize for any inconvenience I may have caused.

P.P.S. I apologize also if I messed up the formatting.
    Last edited by Slowy; 27th January 2014 at 2:57 AM.
    "If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well...Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you." - Jesus
    "...first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye." - Jesus
    "They say love will find a way. I know determination will." - Ronnie Milsap (Almost Like a Song, pg. 249)
    "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal..." - Declaration of Independence
    "The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence." - Swifty (Ash/May vs. May/Drew debate thread, pt. 1855)

Maybe the writers intended it to be about Misty telling the story of her and her friends to her daughter or friend, or who ever that is about Mewtwo. It probably was something about their future, because Pikachu was in it. I really liked this trailer
    I'm sure it was something like that. The trailer seemed really interesting and like I said, I'm kind of disappointed that the actual movie was so different. I mean I don't remember if there were even any PokeShipping hints in the first movie aside from Misty's worry when Ash was turned to stone. I haven't seen the first movie in forever so I'm probably forgetting some stuff. Overall, the second movie was a lot more PokeShipping-friendly in my opinion.

I'm sure it was something like that. The trailer seemed really interesting and like I said, I'm kind of disappointed that the actual movie was so different. I mean I don't remember if there were even any PokeShipping hints in the first movie aside from Misty's worry when Ash was turned to stone. I haven't seen the first movie in forever so I'm probably forgetting some stuff. Overall, the second movie was a lot more PokeShipping-friendly in my opinion.
    The first movie had some pretty decent hints though. Ash and Misty held hands and the camera zooms into that, that may be a hint, who knows, might not. The part when Misty says please no when Ash turned into stone was really cute too. The second movie was AWESOME it was Pokeshipping action packed haha. The third movie had some hints in it. I mean it toned down but it really focused on their friendship (how Misty went with Ash to save his mother) and Misty's water trainer part which I loved that they did this in the third movie.
    However, the fourth and fifth movie was a disappointment. I liked the plot of the fourth movie, but they barley interacted. The fifth movie had very little interaction too. I liked how the begining Misty and Ash were racing each other and how she won (for a change) it was interesting. After that they BARLEY talked. The only part that was a hint when Latias kisses Ash and Misty drops togepi...and her mouth.

As for the commercial, I don't know why....but it really had me thinking. This was the first time I've ever seen it. We'll never know if they intended to have Misty married to Ash and the end of the series, but it was interesting how it was Misty in the future, telling the story. I guess people thought that she ended up with Ash is some people (not me) thinks the little girl looks like Ash. And how Pikachu was in it too. It was really interesting I wish there was more to it. I heard the last movie was also meant to be the end of it. Who knows...
    Supported Ships:

Well, a agree that 2nd movie is a full of PokeShipping. And as for the trailer to the 1st one, i think writers planned to end up series like that, but as soon as franchise became so popular they decided to don't do this couple canon and continue the show, letting other girls to appear here (and they han been done this worse and worse in my opinion). And as for me, i guess (and want to believe... no, just believe) that if show someday comes to an end, writers end up this with great reunion of original trio and Ash with Misty finally come to a good end which all of us have been waiting for so many years.

Page 196 of 248 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206246 ... LastLast